Vote Airport

Fly540.com

"flights reasonably on time"

2 short flights Nairobi - Eldoret return, in a modern newish jet. Flights reasonably on time, and comfortable. Satisfactory ground staff and flight crew for low cost airline. Soft drink and biscuits served.
AircraftCanadair Regional Jet
RouteNairobi to Eldoret
Date FlownOctober 2015

(South Sudan)

Flew Fly540 from Juba to Nairobi and back. The aircraft's used were not from Fly540's own fleet but chartered. They were very old and dirty one smelt extremely bad. Thankfully nothing happened but I did not feel safe and I will not fly them again.
Seat Comfort N/A
Cabin Staff Service N/A
Value For Money N/A

Fly540.com customer review

Flew Fly540 from Zanzibar to Mombasa and Mombasa to Nairobi. Overall the service was prompt and efficient. For a "budget airline" they gave much better service than some of the other airlines we flew on in Africa.
Seat Comfort N/A
Cabin Staff Service N/A
Value For Money N/A

(Japan)

Accra to Kumasi in Ghana with Fly540Africa in February whilst on a business trip in Ghana. I have flown low cost airlines in Europe before so had pretty low expectations. However - I found that booking a flight was easy via their website and also staff were friendly and helpful. It was a short flight so no food to comment on the seats were pretty comfortable and although I am admittedly not very tall there was a comfortable amount of leg room. I would not hesitate to use Fly540 Africa again.

(Belgium)

Used Fly540.com to fly from Zanzibar to Mombasa in June 2012. Flight departed even before schedule as soon as everyone was aboard. The plane was almost empty maybe about 10-15 passengers. The arrival was also about 30 minutes earlier then expected. Plane was an older Bombardier. We were served with a bottle of drinking water upon boarding. Service was friendly. The flight was truly short and not much to comment on it. Should I need to travel within Africa once again I'll take Fly540 without hesitation.

(Kenya)

I flew with fly540 from to Nairobi to Eldoret and back to Nairobi and the service was great. From the flight to the cabin crew. Highly recommended. Timing for departure and arrival to the minute.

Fly540.com customer review

Flew Nairobi - Mombasa on September 2nd 2012. Supposed to leave at 12h eventually left at 15h when new plane from Mogadishu Somalia arrived to take us to our destination. The scheduled plane was damaged so badly it couldn't be repaired in time. Weren't clearly notified of the delay half an hour after the scheduled boarding time a woman told us there was a two hour delay 'at least' but nothing over the microphone on the speakers we had to tell the others. Later on new information was only given when asked they didn't take any initiative. Did all get two free sandwiches and a drink of choice though with a value of about 500 shillings which isn't too bad considering the flight cost about 2500 shillings each. Flight itself was okay bit bumpy but could be due to the borrowed old F28-4000 flight attendants were nice the cookies are disgusting but the free water on board is nice. In the end I'm glad my layover on Mombasa was 7 hours and the delay didn't make me miss my flight.

(Denmark)

Zanzibar to Nairobi with a stopover at Mombasa (with immigration). All in all a good flight. No delays and we even got our luggage when we arrived. I cannot figure out why they get so poor reviews. During the flight we got orange juice water and biscuits (do you expect to get anything from a budget airline). The only strange thing was the hand-written boarding cards but that's just another dimension to the African experience.

Fly540.com customer review

MBA-WIL and NBO-MBA. Old Dash 8-100 on both flights with limited comfort - but okay for the 1 hr flight. Service on both legs consisted of 2 dry biscuits and cold drinks. Crew okay but disappeared immediately after servicing the few passengers. Return flight was delayed 4 hrs with nearly no information.