Firefly

"be using Firefly again"

Verified Review | A convenient flight from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur. Flight into Subang is convenient as the airport is smaller than KLIA and closer to Kuala Lumpur city. Check in was easy and service on board efficient and friendly. A small snack and a drink offered for no extra charge. This gesture is highly appreciated as this is rarely seen in short haul flights in Europe. I will be using Firefly again.
RouteSingapore to Subang
Date FlownJune 2017

"convenient way to travel"

Verified Review | Subang to Penang, a convenient way to travel at a very competitive price. Check in at Subang airport was easy and security queue was quick. Service onboard was friendly and a small snack and a drink provided for no extra charge. Check in was slightly delayed on the return flight from Penang but the agent was apologetic and the rest of the trip went smoothly.
RouteSubang to Penang

"a no frills flight"

Verified Review | The one-hour flight from Subang airport in Kuala Lumpur to Singapore is a no frills flight. A snack and drink is offered. A useful tip: passengers are boarded from the rear of the aircraft. The last 3 rows are designated as preferred seats because you are the first to get off the aircraft at your destination.
AircraftATR-42
RouteKuala Lumpur to Singapore

"poor management"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Penang to Subang. We have been informed by the crew mentioned that the flight been delayed due to the engineer who supposed to sign the document is absent and we have to wait another 45 minutes, due to ethical and poor management. We can accept any delay due to technical problem, but not this excuse. We regret to express our frustration for the mistake (not present to work) by one single engineer.
RoutePEN to SZB
Date FlownDecember 2016

"avoid like the plague"

Verified Review | Booked flight from Koh Samui to Subang in August, and this was cancelled October 2nd, by text message. Said if I wanted to discuss, to call Malaysia - I am in the UK. Text said the fare would be refunded 16th October. This was already unacceptable. Booking a replacement flight cost me double the money as it was booked closer to the time, plus calling Malaysia call centre for Firefly was very expensive. Worse was to follow. After Failfly refused to compensate me, they failed to refund me. They are now saying the refund will take 30 days. Avoid like the plague. Unreliability beggars belief.
RouteUSM to SZB
Date FlownOctober 2016

"avoid them if possible"

Verified Review | Krabi to Penang. Risky to book a flight with Firefly. I was called a day before the flight, saying it has been cancelled. Firefly offered to put me on a flight a few days later, but does anyone traveling really have a few extra days to wait for a flight? Not really a viable option in my opinion. In total, I ended up losing $450 due to the last minute flights and travel plans I needed to book with only a day's notice in order to make it to a wedding on time. Overall, I found Firefly has very poor customer service. They were unwilling to reimburse any expenses incurred as a result of their last minute cancellation. I'd avoid them if possible.
RouteKBV to PEN
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"highly recommended"

Verified Review | Flew Alor Setar to Subang. Have flown with Firefly numerous times before so thought it was about time I wrote a review of their service. Firstly I love travelling with them due to the airport they are based in which is near Kuala Lumpur city centre at Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport, Subang. The airport is small, which makes the experience that much better. An early morning flight means leaving 30-40 mins before the flight as long as I have checked in online. ALso love the fact if I haven't checked in I can also check in the return flight on the outbound sector, saves so much time. Boarding is usually 5-10 mins before stated departure time, which can make some new flyers with them a little jittery. One of the things that strikes me with Firefly is that I have yet to see a male flight attendant and I have to admit being surprised at the number of female pilots flying for this airline, kudos to them. The plane is a small ATR plane and a drink and snack is provided on the short flight. The seat and toilets are very clean. Flight Attendants speak very good english and are very professional. Have had around 20 flights with them in the last 3 years and have yet to complain (there it goes, just as I say it), highly recommended.
AircraftATR72
RouteAOR to SZB
Date FlownMay 2016

"keep flying this cute airline"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Flew with Firefly on 3 sectors in one day. Firefly notified me by email a month earlier on changes of flight time. To my surprise, they called me 3 days before my flight to remind me the changes. Overall, I love the idea of taking small plane. Everything goes very smooth and fast, from check-in, boarding and taxing etc. Firefly provides more than enough refreshment and drinks onboard. Usually they offered 2 types of refreshment, but on the mid-day flight, they offered three options. Curry puff was the best! Seat quite cramped on -600 plane, but comfy on their old version ATR72-500. Cabin crew professional, well-groomed and approachable. This is my first time to see male cabin crew on Firefly. Too bad it was just a short flight. Will keep flying this cute airline. Hopefully they could revive the jet service.
AircraftATR72-600
RouteKBR to PEN
Date FlownMay 2016

"crew were friendly"

Verified Review | First time flying on Firefly and on a ATR 72 from Johor Bahru to Subang. Crew were friendly, flight left on time and got into Subang on time. Ground Crew were friendly. We were offered little snacks - for a short flight, there were 3 options which surprised me. The plane looked a bit tired but really, its only a 1 hour flight.
AircraftATR-72
RouteJHB to SZB
Date FlownApril 2016

"not use this airline again"

I have flown with Firefly in the past and rated them very highly. However, during my most recent trip from Penang to Krabi, my suitcase was badly damaged during the flight and can no longer be used. I reported the problem upon retrieving the suitcase at Krabi airport and completed the complaint form. The staff who dealt with the matter promised that Firefly would contact me to arrange reimbursement but no one has been in touch and, nearly a month later, no one from Firefly's head office has had the courtesy to respond to any of my emails. Will not use this airline again.
RoutePEN to KBV