Top 100 Airlines

Firefly

"crew were friendly"

Verified Review | First time flying on Firefly and on a ATR 72 from Johor Bahru to Subang. Crew were friendly, flight left on time and got into Subang on time. Ground Crew were friendly. We were offered little snacks - for a short flight, there were 3 options which surprised me. The plane looked a bit tired but really, its only a 1 hour flight.
RouteJHB to SZB
Date FlownApril 2016

"not use this airline again"

I have flown with Firefly in the past and rated them very highly. However, during my most recent trip from Penang to Krabi, my suitcase was badly damaged during the flight and can no longer be used. I reported the problem upon retrieving the suitcase at Krabi airport and completed the complaint form. The staff who dealt with the matter promised that Firefly would contact me to arrange reimbursement but no one has been in touch and, nearly a month later, no one from Firefly's head office has had the courtesy to respond to any of my emails. Will not use this airline again.
RoutePEN to KBV
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"no complaints at all"

(Malaysia)

Subang to Langkawi. This was my first time travelling on Firefly and I am very pleased! Getting to check-in and then to the gate was hassle free and the flight was smooth all the way. It was a one hour flight so no IFE but refreshments were served well by a friendly cabin crew. Seats and cabin was clean and comfortable, all in all no complaints at all. Good job on Firefly and may they keep up the good effort!
RouteSZB to LGK
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"professional and attentive"

Firefly is a very good low-cost airline. Flying from Kuala Lumpur to Kuala Terengganu the the ticket was not very expensive, the airplane quality was good with high standard of cleaniness and comfortable seats. The plane was less noisy than I expected for a propellor airplane. During the flight we were served a complimentary drink and food (I had a curry samosa). Cabin staff was extremely professional and attentive. The big drawback of this airline is the number of flights cancelled - on the way to Kuala Terengganu our flight was cancelled and we were put on a later flight. The day I returned from Kuala Terengganu, out of five daily flights, three were cancelled, one retimed. It seems that the last flight of the day is the most reliable. Despite being a very good quality low-cost airline, it might be unsuitable to those who have time constraints.
AircraftATR72
RouteKUL to TGG
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"great value for money"

Check-in process was quick and efficient. The crew were friendly and offered free refreshments for the short journey. On my outbound journey, the weather was very poor but the pilot kept us informed about the situation (as SZB was temporarily closed due to poor visibility) but eventually did get us to the destination. Pilots for both legs were professional and landing was soft. Being able to avoid the hassle of long queues and a shorter travel distance from KL as compared to KL International (KUL), it was great value for money to obtain a ticket that is cheaper than flying SIN-KUL. All these considered, I am happy to fly with Firefly again in the future if flying through KL International is not a must.
AircraftATR 72
RouteSIN to SZB
Date FlownDecember 2015

"crew always been professional"

(Malaysia)

Kuala Namu to Subang, and this is my sixth flight on Firefly and each experience has been wonderful. We departed Kuala Namu (Medan) ahead of schedule and landed in Subang 30 minutes ahead of schedule. I like the 2x2 seating arrangement. The crew has always been most professional.
AircraftATR72-600
RouteKNO to SZB
Date FlownNovember 2015

"great little airline"

(Malaysia)

Subang to Penang and Firefly is a great little airline. No fuss but great value for money and frequency to its destinations.
RouteSubang to Penang
Date FlownOctober 2015

Firefly customer review

This is the second time I've flown Firefly. Great little airline with friendly flight attendants. The cabin was very clean and the flight deck crew kept us well informed. The ticket prices are cheaper if you book on their website.
RouteKrabi to Penang
Date FlownJuly 2015

Firefly customer review

Used this airline for the first time June 19 for a flight between Subang airport and Kota Bharu. The staff on-board were friendly and I couldn't believe they served a snack and drinks for a 1 hour flight. The only negative point was that the back of my seat wouldn't stay in an upright position and would slowly recline back. Other than that, I was happy with my choice of airline.
RouteSubang to Kota Bharu
Date FlownJune 2015

Firefly customer review

13/1/2015 Firefly from Penang to Krabi. On time with boarding with little fuss. Soya or fruit juice and peanuts were refreshments offered which was enough for the short flight. Great to connect so easily between the two points of Penang and Krabi.