Finnair

(Austria)

DEL-HEL-VIE A330. New A330 with full flat seats. Food good crew professional. I missed my connection to VIE due to a storm in HEL (3h delay). Finnair rebooked me the same evening via Stockholm to Vienna (SK and OS) so I arrived only 4 hours behind schedule and didn't have to sleep in a Hotel in HEL.

(Austria)

VIE-HEL-SIN E90/A340. Delays because of storms in Vienna and 60 min connection in HEL was pending. Finnair offered a rebooking to Emirates if I would miss my connection in HEL. As the delay was only 30min and HEL confirmed to wait for me I took the planned flight. I made the 30min connection even the luggage did. A340 a bit old inside seats are not flat but okay for sleeping. Crew professional but not overly heartily. Food good wine selection very good.

Finnair customer review

LHR-HEL return on A321/A320. On time and efficient. Cabin crew attentive and ensured my young son was well fed and watered even just before landing when he woke up. Long walk though from the gate at Helsinki with no travelators.

Finnair customer review

Bangkok to Helsinki A340. During the night trip my TV didn't work - I was given a Finnair duty free voucher of 20 euros. The food was okay but for anyone who can't handle spicy food would have been in for a shock. I felt sick during the flight and flight attendants were helpful. They gave me some soda and told the staff members to keep an eye out for me really nice. On this airline if you get a window seat and you are travelling as a couple you sit by yourselves which is great. We also had another flight Helsinki to London and food was really good. It was a small platter of salad pickles cheese and bread.

Finnair customer review

MAN-HEL-MAN on time both ways clean cabin good leg room. 2 servings of drinks going 1 coming back. Chicken sandwich going chicken salad coming back. I flew with them 2 and a half years ago and alcohol was free but no more. Feels very greedy from their part. If you want to order vegetarian food you have to ring an expensive phone number to get it you can't order it at the same time you make the booking online really annoying. I didn't get my luggage until 3 days after arriving in Finland due to a strike so now have to go through a complaint procedure. I was told though that I may not get any compensation since the strike was illegal! Unbelievable! The help passengers got from the airport workers was very poor indeed. We had to help each other to get and fill in the lost luggage forms. The lady behind the desk said she's going home now in the middle of all the chaos and I think my form was the last one she took in. There were plenty of distressed passengers in front of her desk without any idea what to do. Absolutely appalling very bad service at the airport!

(Sweden)

ARN-HEL-BMA. Cabin clean and FAs smiling and attentive. Flying back aircraft was E170 no boarding music and cabin not very spacious but adequate for 45 minute flight. FAs attentive on this flight as well. BMA is very efficient airport close to Stockholm city. I hope Finnair will keep this route.

Finnair customer review

GVA-HEL-BKK J Class 3hr flight in small E70 cabin a bit on the limit seats like in Y and free neighbour seat doesn't seem to be guaranteed. Service good food mediocre. HEL-BKK excellent seating comfort in the new A330 flat beds single seat on the window. Excellent service and pre-ordered gourmet meal excellent (only ex HEL possible). Food on flight back not of same quality a bit average. Smooth connecting in Helsinki airport.

(Poland)

WAW-HEL-NRT with A340. I have been flying with Finnair on this route for years as for me it is the fastest connection from Europe to Japan. However my current trip had more cons than pros. I have observed a gradual falloff in quality of catering during years. Now they reach the point that you should take on your own food with you. WAW-HEL not even a single sandwich. HEL-NRT two poor meals low quality and quantity. In addition a strike at the airport and decision that we'll fly without people's luggage. Waited 4 days for it to come. Lost connecting flight from Tokyo due to delay (separate ticket). Seat assigned next to the lady with infant (her husband was seated in business). No power outlets in this type of A340 what I always considered as their differential advantage in Y.

(China)

Helsinki to Shanghai A340-300. Clean cabin food was not good enough. AY did not serve free alcohol. IFE should be improved. Toilets were clean.

Finnair customer review

HKG-HEL-HAM and MUC-HEL-HKG in business class A343 and E190 in very good condition. Brilliant lounge/spa in Helsinki. Angled flat beds on long haul comfortable and managed sleep both ways. Missed dinner on both flights due to very late departure time of both flights. Breakfast of very good quality. Very friendly flight attendants on all flight but especially impressed by crew from HKG to HEL. After waking up approx 5 hours out of HKG for a brief toilet visit flight attendant immediately asked I would like dinner or some sandwiches as I had missed my dinner. Only negative aspect would be the business class seating on the European segments on the E190. Same seat and pitch as in economy and as I was seated in row 1 a very unstable tray table. Crew on European segments friendly and food of good quality. Will certainly consider AY for my next trip to Europe especially as they have recently introduced full flat beds on their new A330's between SIN and HEL.