Vote Now

Finnair

"friendly, smiling and efficient"

(Finland)

Verified Review | Oulu to Helsinki. Easy check in with Finnair mobile app. Smooth boarding. Cabin fresh and clean. I had good legroom because a seat on the exit row. Complimentary coffee, tea, blueberry juice and water. It's enough in the 55 minutes domestic flight. Also I bought beer and some crisps. Excellent cabin crew who were friendly, smiling and efficient. Very nice experience.
RouteOulu to Helsinki
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"FA's professional and efficient"

(Finland)

Verified Review | Quite a nice trip from Helsinki to Budapest. FA's professional and efficient. Although one passenger caused chaos on boarding, FAs handled the situation quite well. A pity that Finnair is nowadays a cheap airline, although they want to be something else. A little bit something to offer instead of coffee/tea/juice would be nice.
RouteHelsinki to Budapest
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"extremely impressed by the service"

Verified Review | London to Rovaniemi via Helsinki. This was my first time ever flying Finnair, and I was extremely impressed by the service through the whole trip. I'm a pretty jaded frequent flyer, but was pleasantly surprised by the friendliness and professionalism of everyone from check-in to the lounge to the cabin crew, who were wonderful and truly seemed like they enjoyed their jobs. On every flight someone even made a point of recognising my OW Emerald status, which I never even get on British Airways (through which I have said status). The A350 is gorgeous and I found the Economy seats perfectly comfortable (unlike some reviewers), despite my general dislike of economy seats in general. Would love to try it to Asia sometime. The sauna in the Helsinki lounge was also the best way ever to get over a hangover.
AircraftA350 / A321
RouteLondon to Rovaniemi via Helsinki
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"the worst flight experience"

(Spain)

Verified Review | I had the worst flight experience with Finnair. I bought a Finnair round trip ticket from Madrid to Kansai via Helsinki although it was $300+ more expensive than their competitors on StudentUniverse, because they had shorter flight time (15 hours with one transit in Helsinki) and I really wanted to take advantage of my one week vacation to see my family. Once I arrive at the Helsinki airport (it was New Year's eve by the way,) I was told that my flight was cancelled. I had to wait in line 2 hours to be told by the service center staff that they cancelled the flight because they recently introduced a new type of aircrafts, and there were not enough pilots to fly this aircraft. I mean, what kind of an airline has shortage of their pilots, and if they are short on their pilots, why would they sell flight tickets? I was given two options at this point: take the same flight the day after, or reroute to Hong Kong, and go to Japan. I chose rerouting because I could get to Japan faster that way. In the end, I arrived at Japan with 12 hours delay from the initial plan and tired from longer flight time and increased transits. Of course I missed the New Year´s day celebration because of this. A week later, I go to the airport to go back to Madrid. Once they opened the ticket counter, I line up in order to have some time before heading to the gate, so that I can have the last breakfast with my family. However, when my turn comes, the ticket counter staff tells me that my seat is not found on their record. I show them all my travel documents and my printed itinerary. I had to wait in line another 1.5 hrs while they figured this out. In the beginning they told me I had to take a later flight. I insisted they would get me on the original plane because of work. Because this was technically a JAL flight (it was one of those weird flights where you buy tickets under a company's name, but it's actually "operated by" another airline), I was sent to JAL customer support center, where they found out that my name was not on the list because when they rerouted my first flights, Finnair did not do the necessary process required to get me on the return flight. A JAL staff was very helpful and she was the one who pressured Finnair to find me another seat in the original flight. In the end Finnair gives me a seat they could find in Economy comfort, which is a slightly better seat than normal economy. I was quite stressed because until the last moment they kept telling me they were not sure if I could get on board, and of course when they finally told me yes, I could barely say goodbye to my family because I literally had to run from the security check to the gate. In the end, I could get on the plane, and I was in my seat. At this point I was willing to get over this flight and have nothing to do with Finnair for the rest of my life. Then, while I´m reading, a couple comes to my seat, and asks me if I was sitting in the right seat. I show them my ticket, and they tell me, "Oh no. We have the same ticket" and shows me theirs. The cabin attendants had the nerve to tell me to move to Economy seat - (telling me it´s "exactly the same seat" which was a lie because the Economy seat has less leg room and inferior amenities) I had no choice but move to the inferior seat, really wishing that I had never chosen this airline.
RouteMadrid to Osaka via Helsinki

"an excellent product"

Verified Review | Helsinki to Singapore with Finnair. Excellent A350 flight: the new business class seats are excellent and I slept soundly for 9 hours on a 11-hour flight. Flight attendants courteous and forthcoming. Food and drinks very good, and film and audio selection also very good, with a special mention of the Bose noise cancelling headphones. An extra bonus is the free WIFI provided by Finnair. Overall an excellent product that I can only recommend.
RouteHelsinki to Singapore
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"not a world class airline"

Verified Review | Helsinki to Hong Kong. For a new aircraft (A350) on a popular long haul business route I was disappointed with Finnair, the seat is okay, similar to Cathay with the 1-2-1 layout but far less plush and a touch plastic. The food was very average akin to business class on a European flight, no amenity kits on a 10hr flight. Crew were mostly Chinese and friendly enough but this is not a world class airline. If you want real comfort, quality and service there are many better options, if it's cheap and you just need to sleep for 10h then it's not a bad option.
RouteHelsinki to Hong Kong
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"airline want to save money"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Brussels to Bangkok via Helsinki. From Brussels to Helsinki, a 2.5hr journey with 1 glass of juice or coffee, nothing to eat. Everything was on sale even for passenger with intercontinental ticket. Flight Helsinki to Bangkok too much interruption on our screen to sell things. Dinner 2hrs after the taking off, very poor and of bad quality - only meat, no fish or vegetarian. No second passage of bread. No service out of dinner and poor breakfast. Only water between 2 meals. Blanket and pillow, nothing else. The airline want to save money. Staff is polite and not responsible of the poor service.
RouteBrussels to Bangkok via Helsinki

"very satisfied"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Helsinki to Bangkok with Finnair. 9 hour flight (AY89) fleet: A350 have an amazing feature that the cabin is better isolated for absorbing the noise, so its quieter than previous Airbus versions and the 777. The interior and toilets were clean, modern, fresh with beautiful colored LED lights. Service: Friendly and helpful. Free non-alcoholic drinks. Duty Free On-board shopping: goods, candies, make up in the catalogue. Before departure: before landing you get a warm wet towel with lemon smell to refresh yourself up. Spoken languages: English, Finnish and Thai. WIFI connection (paid). Food: Was basic but there is enough varieties to choose. Comes with a little dessert, and a baked bread. You can order an alcoholic drink like beer or wine. Entertainment: outside camera view and exploring map with features + tracking the flight status. Recent movies animation, action, family and asian movies. TV series and music (list gets updated while flying) 2 USB outputs for 2 jack outputs for headphone. You can borrow earphones (free). Nice service. Nothing negative. For a reasonable price you get everything you need. I was very satisfied.
AircraftA350-900
RouteHEL to BKK
Date FlownJuly 2016

"surprisingly good food in economy"

(Finland)

Verified Review | Helsinki - Krabi and Singapore - Helsinki. Having heard lots of negative about their onboard service, I didn't expect much. Krabi flight, with an A330 (wifi enabled). Good flight, surprisingly good food in economy, overall good. Return flight from Singapore with the A350, fantastic all-Asian crew, great plane, and once again surprisingly good onboard catering. My wishes for the future would be: Improve movie selection on IFE. Full bar-round after take-off.
RouteSIN to HEL

"I was very satisfied"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Brussels to Helsinki. Short Flight (2h 35min) with Finnair. A319 seats were quite comfy and clean. Clean, modern, fresh toilets. Seat belts checked before take-off and landing. Public announcement and safety demonstration with video. Service friendly and helpful. Free non-alcoholic drink (possible to order light alcoholic drinks like beer or wine) for money. Belgian and Finn news papers / time magazines. Duty Free onboard shopping goods, candies, make up in the Finnair catalogue. For a reasonable price you get everything you need. I was very satisfied.
RouteBRU to HEL