Finnair

"Cabin crew mediocre"

(Finland)

Verified Review | London to Helsinki. Flight on time. Cabin clean. Cabin crew mediocre. Some flight attendants friendly, some unfriendly. Complimentary blueberry juice and coffee. Greek pasta salad awful and expensive. They need to improve good they are selling with high prices. Not recommend Finnair intra-European flights.
RouteLondon to Helsinki
Date FlownAugust 2017

"now the shame of Finland"

(Finland)

Verified Review | Helsinki to London. Flight delayed 2h 20min because there was some original aircraft and we flew finally with plane which original destination was Singapore and there was too much fuel for London. Rude gate agent said "sorry about delay" and we got during boarding juice and biscuits. A350 looking nice but there were in the cabin lot of broken parts fixed with tape. Maybe too cheap materials. Cabin crew mostly friendly. Free blueberry juice, water, coffee and tea. Pre ordered omelette very small and not very tasty. Not worth 13€. Captains announcements was not very informative. Because delay we missed the train in London and didn't see Liverpool game we had tickets. Sometimes happens but we feel that Finnair is not really sorry. Their way handle situations like this is very unprofessional. Avoid Finnair. Once quality airline is now the shame of Finland.
RouteHelsinki to London

Finnair customer review

(Sweden)

Verified Review | Flew Stockholm to San Francisco via Helsinki. This flight was ok. On time, and fairly comfortable - in so much as coach class is ever comfortable. But, the food was unbelievably bad. It was inedible. I was on an 11 hour flight from Helsinki to San Francisco. Two hot meals were served, they were so bad, both of them, that none of the people in the surrounding seats could even think about eating the food. It was mushy brown meat substance with mushy green substance and vast amounts of salt. I fly over 150,000 miles a year. I eat a lot of airplane food, and while none of it is good, these Finnair meals were like Siberian Prison food or something. If you fly Finnair, bring lunch.
RouteStockholm to San Francisco via Helsinki
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"good seats with decent pitch"

Verified Review | Finnair flights to Tallinn via Helsinki. Both legs on time, good seats with decent pitch. Nice warm dinner and free flow of any drinks were served on the first leg, second leg with a chocolate bite and no drinks. My ordered special meal was not on board, but the alternative was good. Service best comparable to the one you get with KLM.
AircraftA321 and E190
RouteZurich to Tallinn via Helsinki
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"Very disappointed in this company"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Amsterdam to Seoul via Helsinki. Took out two new powerbanks without any warning. Put a letter in my suitcase with a contact form. After contacting they say if I want my items back I should pick them up in Helsinki within 30 days, otherwise they will be stocked away. No other solutions offered. Very disappointed in this company.
RouteAmsterdam to Seoul via Helsinki
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"pray your flight is not cancelled"

Verified Review | Helsinki to Singapore via Zurich. This review is mostly on the latest cancellation experience I had with Finnair, which I sent them emails repeatedly on this for 3 weeks however yet to receive a reply (not even a reply to say that my request is being processed/ investigated). So my flight from Helsinki to Singapore was cancelled and I was re-routed with Finnair and Singapore Airlines via Zurich. For the cancellation experience, the ground crew did not inform us on the cancelation until 2 hours after the planned departure time. The ground staff did not provide us information on the new booking arranged for the passengers. We were sent to an airport hotel and I had to call the airline hotline where I only knew about my new booking around 4 am (after calling repeatedly and being put on hold), to only get 1.5 hour sleep before my next flight. The airline also did not honour the confirmed business upgrade on the previous and I was returned back to Economy (this was a big issue since I had neck pain issues and I didn't bring my neck pillow). As for the HEL-ZRH Finnair, the seat pitch was good. The airline provided basic F&B. There was no inflight entertainment or WiFi. Cabin crew service was good but not extra ordinary. I would recommend the flight, however just pray that your flight is not cancelled. I was treated better on LH, SQ and TK during cancellations/ delays; where they were more professional than AY.
RouteHelsinki to Zurich
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"I used vouchers to upgrade"

Verified Review | Singapore to Helsinki. I have flown Finnair since I worked with a Finnish company since 2009. I have maintained the platinum member for 3 years in a row. I used upgrade vouchers to upgrade for this flight, the platinum membership of Finnair provides such vouchers. The seat was comfortable, able to recline to 180 degrees. The cabin staff are almost all Asian and provides Asian hospitality. There are four types of meals to choose on business. There is enough space to put a (small) laptop, iPad on the compartment on the side of seat. Slippers and basic amenities are provided. The blanket was warm but covers only half of the body. Inflight entertainment has 3-4 new movies however don't even bother looking at the TV series - all are quite old (I gave them feedback on this yet never been updated; the family guy series for example has been the same series for 3 months in a row) Wifi is provided throughout the flight for platinum members and is quite stable, however not stable or strong enough to download/ watch netflix movies on laptop/ iPad. However for the price of the flights and the upgrade voucher its worth the value.
RouteSingapore to Helsinki
Date FlownAugust 2017

"the worst part of the flight was the food"

Verified Review | Check-in in Oulu was a breeze. I received all my boarding passes from a friendly personnel. Flight to Helsinki, operated by NORRA for Finnair, was slightly delayed. ATR is a really uncomfortable and a small aircraft. Seat is hard, and the leather cushion really used. Water, juice and tea/coffee served on this domestic flight. Arrival about 10 minutes behind schedule, and fully packed bus transport to the terminal. Finnair is really saving when having flights operated by NORRA. Business class lounge at HEL was quiet, but food offering poor. I personally did not find anything to eat. Salads were bland, and neither heavy looking “salmon pizza” pieces nor beef chili hotdogs looked appetizing. Boarding for LHR flight was well organized, but in the plane, I changed my seat as there was a baby crying most of the flight just behind the curtain in economy class. Aperitif served promptly after take off. Finnair, isn’t it time to change the champagne. The same Joseph Perrier has been served on board for years. Very boring! The worst part of the flight other crying baby, was the food. It totally missed freshness, and the presentation was very poor. The taste, totally bland, tasteless and disgusting. Even the economy class food looked better. I complained to the purser, and she just nodded and said “Sorry, I will pass the feedback further”. There was no entertainment shown other one screen in front of the cabin showing the flight path. The front lavatory was dirty, and smelling very badly. Arrival at Heathrow about on schedule. As I had a connecting flight, I cannot say about luggage delivery. Finnair is really no thrills and no finesse airline. Gets you from A to B, but nothing more. Not recommended!
AircraftATR72 & A320
RouteOulu to London (LHR) via Helsinki

"service was lacking"

Verified Review | I flew to Tokyo via Helsinki with my 2 children and mother. The first leg to Helsinki was in economy (no business class available on the route), then the Helsinki to Tokyo in business class. The flight to Helsinki was cramped and unpleasant, with no entertainment. Service was perfunctory. The business class pods to Tokyo felt old and in need of refurbishment. Service was friendly, but apart from a glass of champagne/juice at the start of the flight, service was lacking. Compared with other business class offerings (with pods) this was the worst service. The entertainment was "ok" and just as you would expect from a long flight. The return journey was overbooked and Finnair bumped us to a different flight for the last leg of the route, causing an unapologised for 6 hour delay. My complaint was ignored because the outgoing flight from Tokyo was 15 minutes late - not Finnair's fault - and they used this as the excuse for the re routing. This year, I have flown with Qatar business class, Etihad First class and Turkish Airlines business class. Finnair were by far the worst in every way. I will never fly Finnair again.
RouteManchester to Tokyo via Helsinki
Date FlownApril 2017

"a very pleasant flight"

Verified Review | Two days before my flight from Amsterdam Schiphol to Helsinki, I upgraded from economy to business using my Finnair points (10.000 points one-way). Upgrades if available can be requested very easily through the Finnair website. At Schiphol BC passengers of AY can use priority security in T1 and relax at the conventient Aspire Lounge. Boarding via priority lane was well organized. Overall the 2 hour and 20 minutes flights was convenient. Business class seats where similar to the economy seats, but with the middle seat left unoccupied for personal space. This way of laying out business is not uncommon on European flights by EU carriers. Not sure if the pitch was larger than in economy but for a 2+ hours flight it was OK. There was no pre-take-off drink, but soon after take-off the flight attendant started service. There where two meal options offered (chicken or 'meat'), which I did not expect after reading reviews of AY business class mentioning having only one type of meal. The starter was very tasty and main course was average since the minced meat was a little chewy. I wasn't really sure what I was eating since there was no menu. The champagne Finnair serves is of OK quality. The flight attendant was very friendly and busy serving the 8 BC passengers during the entire flight. Finnair apparently installed new seats in their A321 aircraft, or it was a new aircraft, not sure, anyhow these seats feature an iPad holder on the back of the seat in front which is very convenient! Although the clip at the top of the seat that holds the iPad does not reach my iPad mini, I was able to stabilise it by putting the screen cover in the inflight magazine holder. All together it was a very pleasant flight. In the near future, when I have sufficient AY points, I would opt for BC again on their EU flights.
RouteAmsterdam to Helsinki