Best Cabin Crew

Fiji Airways

"bad experience with baggage"

We flew from Sudney to Los Angeles on Fiji Airways. The overall service was okay, however we had a bad experience with their carry on baggage demands. Before we flew, I had contacted Fiji Airways and specifically asked about their baggage policies. We measured our carry on bags and they were within their limits. We were told an oversized piece would be 100AUD. On checking in at Sydney they claimed my wife's bag was oversized. It fitted into the metal bin with two wheels hanging on the lip by 1/4 inch. They were adamant it was oversized, told us we would have to pay the fee to receive boarding passes and then charged 120AUD to add insult to injury. The bag met their weight and size requirement. We filed a complaint with American Express who refunded our fee. Fiji also made me count a medically necessary device as a carry on item. Fiji Airways forced us to pay unwarranted charges, were rude and refused to let us board until their fees were paid. We will never fly with this airline again.
RouteSYD to LAX
Date FlownOctober 2015

"product could be improved"

Los Angeles to Christchurch via Nadi with Fiji Airways. The people couldn't be nicer, but the product could be improved. The food wasn't very good on the outbound. Breakfast was served on a noon flight from Fiji to New Zealand - it should have been lunch. The inflight entertainment was very limited, and the angle seats were not flat. The pillow was the worst I've ever had in business class.
RouteLAX to CHC via NAN
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"cabin crew friendly and helpful"

(New Zealand)

Our flight from Auckland to Los Angeles via Nadi (and back) with Fiji Airways was great - we didn't encounter any problems with checking in and getting our luggage and both flights was smooth. The food was not so bad. The seating is a little cramped but it wasn't like I was onboard for long. The cabin crew were friendly and helpful. I would definitely fly with them again.
RouteAKL to LAX via NAN
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"food was awful"

The crew on the flight from Los Angeles to Nadi (12/22/15) were very friendly, however on our return flight I don't think I saw one smile. Perhaps this late evening flight is a bit tiring on the attendants. The food was awful, and by the time the meals arrived to our area, there never seemed to be any vegetarian meals available. The entertainment options were okay.
RouteLAX to NAN
Date FlownDecember 2015

"carry on didn't fit the basket"

After arriving to Nadi from Los Angeles and I had a connecting flight to Labasa. After checking at the counter, I was told to place my carry on in a basket to check the size. When my carry on didn't fit the basket I was told to pay $90. I explained that I have a connecting flight from LAX and this particular carry on was good and met the cabin size she refused to listen to me and demanded that I pay the said amount. (» Baggage Information)
RouteLAX to LBS via NAN
Date FlownNovember 2015

"got a bit of rest anyway"

Los Angeles to Nadi with Fiji Airways. Great check at LAX. We flew AA from SAV-CLT-LAX and had our bags checked all the way through to Nadi. Had to get boarding passes in LAX where they also check cabin baggage for both weight and size. Flying business class allowed us one more carry on. The lounge is not so great but did not spend a lot of time in there anyway. Boarding was good and was offered a drink as we got settled in. The flight leaves LAX late but dinner was served almost immediately after reaching cruising altitude. Good food and wine. Got about 7 hours of sleep before being awakened about 2 hours out of Nadi for breakfast. The seats are not lie-flat but got a bit of rest anyway. Deplaning and transiting customs was a breeze and we were on our way to our hotel in no time. The return flight was about the same.
RouteLAX to NAN
Date FlownNovember 2015

"really enjoyed my experience"

Flew out of Los Angeles to Sydney via Nadi. Very nice aircraft, helpful and friendly cabin crew.The food was adequate and very refreshing. Then flew out of Melbourne for Fiji on 11th November. Once again I found the service to be a great one. Good service and friendly crew. The flight from Fiji to Los Angeles on November 14th was okay. I really enjoyed my experience on the Fiji Airways.
RouteLAX to SYD via NAN

"staff very welcoming"

Fiji Airways from Los Angeles to Nadi and then travelling to Labasa the staff very welcoming and helpful. Travel back to Suva lots of generosity. Stayed in Fiji at Grand Pacific. At Nadi Airport the ground crew well trained customer service representative. Onboard flights the Fiji Airways crew were very friendly and good timing on food.
RouteLos Angeles to Nadi
Date FlownNovember 2015

"much better than the last"

(Fiji)

My return Fiji Airways flight from Los Angeles to Nadi was much better than the last. The inflight entertainment had improved and there were more movies, even Chinese ones. Except the Hindi songs, there is a need for new songs not from movies which released years ago. The food was good, chicken curry was delicious and filling for the 11 hours flight ahead. Looking forward to flying Fiji Airways in future again.
AircraftA330-200
RouteLos Angeles to Nadi
Date FlownNovember 2015

"couldn't care less approach"

(Fiji)

Fiji Airways couldn't care less approach to travelers on its Nadi to Honolulu route. The airline chose to dump its passengers in a closed airport at 1.50 am. There was no food or beverage service and passengers continuing on to the other islands have at least a 5 hour wait, sitting on concrete flower planters. On the return flight had to wait 7 hours from the last inter island flight for departure scheduled for 2.50 am, which seldom leaves on time. The seating on the plane is so old that the foam that was originally used is now so compressed that it gives no back support. If you were lucky enough to get an exit row seat, in the past, it would give you a reasonable amount of leg room for someone 1.88 mtr, or 6ft 2ins tall. Now Fiji Airways is penalising passengers by charging $99.00 for this comfort. Though the company promotes the Fiji International Golf Tournament it will charge you $440.00 to take your golf bag with you even if it weighs the same as a regular bag, 23 kilos or 50lbs. Try getting your frequent flyer miles credited in a timely manner. Impossible. I flew on October 4th and am still waiting. That happens 90% of the time. Contacting Customer Care is a waste of time. They will tell you they will respond within 21 days. 21 days to respond is unbelievable, but they never do. The sad thing is that if you need to go from Nadi to Honolulu you have no choice as Fiji Airways has a monopoly on this route and they treat it as such.
AircraftBoeing 737 800