Fiji Airways

Review by (United Kingdom) 19th April 2015

On 11 April I flew FJ 391 from NAN to HKG. The flight was full and the aircraft was clean. The food was good. However my only comment is about cleanliness of the wash rooms. Every time I went to use it I had to clean and wipe the wash room and the surrounding areas with a paper towels because the previous customers had left the toilet in a filthy and disgusting state. The same situation had occurred to me on a different flight from HKG to LHR I had to perform similar task because the state of the dirty wash rooms. I am now wondering whether a written sign may be placed in the wash rooms to inform other users about the basic standard and cleanliness of wash room facilities for the other customers to use. I am sick of cleaning other peoples' mess.

Review by (United Kingdom) 30th March 2015

I flew flight NZ4010 taking off from Nadi 21.40 24th March 2015 to Los Angeles landing 13.25 the day after. An overnight flight. I had several young children around me during that time 3 of which were upset screaming and crying for a lot of the time. I asked a female member of the aircrew if I could have a mask and earplugs in order to try to sleep. All she did was to shrug her shoulders and say they were not available she didn't look interested couldn't have cared less and did nothing to help. Absolutely shocking.

Review by (United Kingdom) 25th March 2015

LAX-Nadi / Nadi-LAX. 787 seats are poor-too narrow and uncomfortable for such a long flight. Cabin Staff OK but not particularly friendly particularly in comparison with local Fijians. Once food and Beverage service is completed they disappear. Main gripe is the food- simply nowhere near good enough in this competitive market. FA really need to improve the F&B offering. Whoever suggested that breakfast should comprise a so-called omelette with all the flavour and consistency of Styrofoam accompanied by curried carrots?

Review by (Australia) 18th February 2015

Fiji airways inflight services is very poor flying from Nadi to Melbourne the aircraft was really old the only entertain on the flight was the movie showing on main stream screen there was no alternative inflight entertainment such as back seat personal television or iPad which majority airliners provide these days. I have flow several budget airliners and full service airliners and they offer more meal choices and variety inflight entertainment. The meal service was so poor food was intended for people who are on diet. I have flown on their Sydney to Nadi route and the same situation their domestic connections are so disorganized and have very poor lay over and connection times if you are unable to make it from one connection to the other then you will be very disappointed. The 737 aircraft's that they use are so old if you are a frequent traveler and have been travelling for years you will be able to tell difference.

Review by (Australia) 11th February 2015

FJ916 on 14 December SYD-NAN: Absolute poor and rude customer service provided at check-in in SYD. Stressed and not properly trained staff. Flight was ok although staff were very inexperienced. Most unprofessional airline I have encountered.

Review by (United States) 28th January 2015

We flew to and from New Zealand on Dec 10 and Jan 16 on Fiji Airways. Service was competent food was palatable. We had excellent and friendly service in Auckland. The planes were reasonably comfortable especially if you got the two seats by the window. Flight attendants were friendly and as attentive as possible. Our sole problem was at the transit lounge in Fiji. While I'm assuming it's a temporary arrangement during construction it is cold depressing and a hard place to spend several hours. In addition the many repeat security searches seemed like overkill since we got off a Fiji plane were trapped in the concrete dungeon and then got on a Fji plane. Also a flight attendant on the plane from Auckland gave me a bottle of water as I de-planed which a security guard took away as we boarded our flight for LAX. Many people had bought water which was taken from them. This seems like a scam or at best a bad policy - passengers need to be warned if their drinks will be taken from them. There is plenty of room in the large dank lounge for signs to that effect. Would I fly Fiji again? Yes the flights were fine although I'd try to get a direct flight or a very short transit layover.

Review by (Australia) 19th January 2015

Flew SYD-Nadi-LAX on 12 Jan plane delayed by 8 hours out of Sydney meal vouchers supplied and good announcements made. I think everyone but myself was given direct flights with other airlines if travelling to LAX however I spent the day and night in the Qantas lounge. Plane was the 330 and food and FA quite good movie selection was small however was only 3.5 hour flight. A booking error in Fiji was sorted by a very helpful fellow in the lounge and the trip to LA was good. Seats are good although they are not fully vertical so I slept for several hours. Movies where up to about 12 however no real block busters. Overall apart from the delays the actual flight was good and the staff where all very friendly and helpful.

Review by (Fiji) 14th January 2015

My experience with Fiji Airways across 4 flights in 2012-2014: 1) Food is below average my vegan meal had snacks with egg in it and staff came to argue that I ordered incorrectly only to find out later that it was their error. 2) Juice is served like ration you get one at the start and one at the end. Lucky if they have some 'spares.' 3) The alert button to call staff works fine but staff snooze off at the back after putting passengers to sleep. On 2 flights people were beeping for 30-45 minutes and no one showed up. Fiji Airways staff took their own time to help. 4) Once when boarding a flight 0 crew were inside the plane to help with directions and luggage. Crew entered 15 minutes after everyone sat down.

Review by (Australia) 20th November 2014

Flew Sydney to LAX via Nadi in Business. The A330 was very nice. Food and drinks very good (better Gin than Qantas business class!) All four flights were on time. The arrival time into LAX was in the afternoon. I liked this more than early in the day. Evening flight was also good coming home. No jetlag either way! Would choose again.

Review by (United States) 20th November 2014

Fiji Airlines changed our lay over in Los Angles (returning from New Zealand) from several hours to two days. We found this out only after confirming our flight in Fiji. Nadi airport in Fiji was depressing with two restaurants with poor food.