Top 100 Airlines

Fiji Airways

"double paid for return flight "

Five of us flew to Christchurch from LAX. On the return from Christchurch, Fiji Airways canceled my daughter-in-law's return ticket because she and my daughter had the same first and last name. Even though all five of us flew out to Christchurch together on the same itinerary! They refused to let daughter-in-law board the flight unless we purchased a one-way ticket for her. The ticket agent promised that Fiji Airways would refund it since it was their mistake. After 10 phone calls and multiple emails, Fiji Airways refused. So we double paid for the return flight because of their mistake.
RouteLAX to CHC via NAN

"seats were comfortable"

Verified Review | Singapore to Nadi with Fiji Airways. Service excellent and cabin crew were friendly, attentive and approachable. They ensured customers feel at home. During the flight numerous checks, offering water / juice to passengers. Seats were comfortable. Ample legroom for a 5'9 guy. Inflight entertainment would be my only gripe. I exhausted the list of movies pretty quickly during my flight. Food is comprehensive and sufficient. Wide selection (3 choices) and they were tasty.
RouteSIN to NAN

"the service was poor"

Verified Review | Absolutely disgraceful experience. We were travelling Fiji Airways from Nadi to Sydney at the end of our holiday and waited two hours, we reach the front of the line (people still checking in adjacent counters), and get told after a bit of back and forth that the aircraft is overbooked! So they attempt to free seats by upgrading other passengers and after a bit more magic - zero seats on the plane. Their excuse? "Sorry, we thought people wouldn't show up." Seriously? The next flight wasn't for another 10 hours, naturally at this point we're a little annoyed (as well as probably another ten passengers who had the similar misfortune.). But, they say they'll give us a hotel and lunch to compensate. They just need 'twenty minutes' to sort it out. Three hours later (with near zero communication) and with no small part of hassling from our part, we finally get a shuttle to the hotel. I'm still not convinced that anything would've happened if we didn't keep asking them every 30 minutes. The only other passengers who came with us were the two who kept asking - I don't know if the other six got any sort of accommodation or food to compensate. When we came back for our priority check in flight - we saw another eight or so people getting the same story we got told "We've overbooked, sorry. We didn't think people would show up". I wouldn't recommend this airline to anyone. The service was poor, and you have to hassle them to get anything done. The inflight food was poor, and inflight entertainment was non-existent. The whole experience just about soured our holiday.
RouteNAN to SYD

"the service is slow"

Indifference is how I would describe my experience. I had a full fare business class ticket flying from Sydney to Nadi on the Qantas code share. You can't check in at Qantas even with a Qantas flight number and at the Fiji Air check-in no one was at the business class check-in although there was someone at the service desk next to it but she just ignored the business class line. After 15 minutes of no action I asked her if we were wasting our time in the business class line and she said we should get on the economy line. So you pay this extra money and get nothing? Onboard and generally the staff are friendly but the service is slow, almost an hour into the flight before drinks are offered. The A330 is definitely better than the 737 but most flights are on the 737 in which case I prefer Virgin for service at least in business, the downside is Virgin offers no lounge in Nadi. Qantas should think twice about putting its name to this service because I expect a certain standard when I buy Qantas and you don't get it on Fiji Airways.
RouteSYD to NAN
Date FlownApril 2016

"the experience was not positive"

Although Fiji Airways got us to and from our destination in Samoa recently, I note the following deficits in the service provided by the airline. Seating on the long flight from LAX to Nadi, Fiji was very limited. The nearly 11 hour flight was cramped at best. Carry-on baggage restrictions are very strict with a maximum of 7 kg allowed in carry-on. Numerous passengers, including us, had to take items from their carry-on baggage and place them in their checked baggage. This seemed odd in that the total weight of all baggage taken did not change. Company policy varied by airport. For example, the airport in LAX refused to tag my wife's carry-on bag because, they said, it was oversize. She was, however, allowed to take it as a carry-on. (The attendant seemed to be very afraid of consequence with management.) On our return trip, my wife's carry-on bag was not questioned, but mine was. Also, an umbrella my wife was carrying was allowed to be sent as an item of checked baggage in Apia, but when we arrived in Nadi, they refused to allow her to take the umbrella either as a carry-on or as a checked item unless she was willing to pay $200 to have it checked. The hassle was unnecessary and the result of lack of uniform policies with the airline. I appreciated being able to arrive safely and return from our destination, but the experience with Fiji Airlines was not positive. They need to get their act together and apply uniform procedures at all airports and properly advise customers of their policies, especially the restrictive weight allowance with carry-ons.
RouteAPW to LAX via NAN
Date FlownApril 2016

"good legroom, comfortable seats"

(Fiji)

Flew with Fiji Airways back home a few days later and I noticed few differences from my Tuesday morning flight. The check in agent was friendly and very efficient. The airport staff at Luvuluvu airport are friendlier than the guys at Nadi. The product in-flight was still the same a newspaper, bottle of water, and refresher towel. Turbulent flight, but still quick, was the last flight. Good legroom, comfortable seats, looking forward to flying with them again.
AircraftATR 42
RouteSUV to NAN
Date FlownMarch 2016

"legroom is surprisingly good"

(Fiji)

Verified Review | It has been a long while that I have used Fiji Airways domestic service. From my previous experiences though it has been not so pleasant due to the delays. This time around though, the flight was on time, the check in was very efficient - be warned though that sometimes the flight may leave earlier. At the time of buying the ticket for Flight FJ7 I was told the flight will depart Nadi at 6.45am, but at the airport the same flight was scheduled for 6.30am. The product has improved as well, for a 20 minutes flight obviously you can not expect food, but you get a bottle of water, newspaper and refresher towels which I guess is reasonable. The legroom on the ATR is surprisingly good, I am over 6feet tall and it still had some space to spare.
AircraftATR 72
RouteNAN to SUV

"an exceptional flight"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | Checked in at Nadi Airport, waited for flight, through boarding gate and heard a beep sound. Offered an Upgrade into Business Class, so why not accept it. Pleasant surprise. Very comfortable seating, very friendly and outgoing cabin crew. Preflight drinks, and more than one were offered, personal introduction by cabin attendant and set for takeoff. Superb inflight service, breakfast was great, not like some airlines where breakfast is inedible. In flight entertainment system had plenty of choices. Seat turned into angled flat bed, very comfortable, even with my height. Overall, an exceptional flight, service and offerings on Fiji Airways and very very happy with the product.
AircraftA330-200
RouteNAN to AKL

"really quite satisfied"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | Auckland to Nadi return with Fiji Airways. Check in at Auckland Airport was efficient and friendly. Allocated seat in economy cabin was fine and ample leg space to boot. First impression of cabin crew were that they were tired, but they still smiled away and undertook their duties as and when required. Lunch service was prompt, drinks service also prompt, even a second round offered to this pax. Cannot understand why the lunch trays could only be collected so late in the flight, seems to be the norm on Fiji Airways, serve the meal and drinks and then leave it for some time to come back and take the trays away. For a short 3 hour flight, really quite satisfied with the price we paid, the service offered and comfort level of seating. Flight was full. not am empty seat in sight, so they must be doing something right, despite negative comments from previous reviewers.
RouteAKL to NAN

"not one smile"

Flew Fiji Airways from Nadi to Melbourne. The flight itself was comfortable. The care by staff was another story, terrible would be an understatement. Not one smile by the attendants. Gave a duty free order promptly which was ignored. Food tray left on lap for 2 hours. Passenger had a small child that was sick and help button pressed which was ignored so friend had to run down to the back of plane to get help but came back without it until a few minutes later. A bottle of water and a cup was all that was offered. No attempt made to help except to say might have to get border control in. Poor woman was trying to clean up and help upset child. The staff came up the aisle so infrequently we didn't know who they were. Really upset me this flight as most of the Fijian people are helpful and obliging.
RouteNAN to MEL