Fiji Airways

"our flight was re-booked"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Great disappointment that ruined my holiday. On the way to Honolulu 8th May there was a 5 hour lay over in Nadi airport. Decided to use the lounge so paid FJD $99 per person totalling FJD $198. They charged us twice. We decided to wait as foreign transaction does take few days to process hoping one of them will be auto cancelled. The two charges have been debited from my bank. Got in touch with Fiji Airways, took a couple of days to get an email saying the refund will be processed. the refund still hasn't come through as of 17th May. Was supposed to be on the flight back to NZ 18th 1am (night of 17th). So booked accommodation checking out 17th so that we could leave luggage in the hotel then go to the airport that night. Got an email, out of blue, on the night of the 16th that our flight was re-booked, leaving 18th 9.30am due to overweight, apparently their company policy is that overweight re schedule is not entitied to accommodation. Now we are spending the day finding accommodation and missing out on our planned tour. Have to pay an additional night accommodation that was not planned thanks to Fiji Airways.
RouteChristchurch to Honolulu via Nadi
Date FlownMay 2018

"showed great care and consideration"

Trip Verified | My wife and I flew to Nadi from Adelaide via Melbourne on a Friday night flight (FJ930) and then direct back to Adelaide on Monday with Fiji Airlines (FJ961 booked the codeshare Qantas flight number as I'm a Gold FF) to make it a long weekend. At Melbourne Tullamarine we needed to do a quick baggage check at the gate counter prior to boarding and rather unfortunately my wife hit her head on the counter overhanging ledge as she stood up from getting her passport out of her bag. It was completely no-one's fault but she was clearly a little upset at the shock of the it all. Naturally the staff were concerned on her welfare at the time, but what impressed me greatly was after we boarded, a ground manager came on board the plane asked after her personally, offered us both a bottle of water and moved us to an exit row for greater comfort. A terrific gesture and showed great care and consideration. I found this attitude from everyone at Fiji Airlines, including the tremendous Tabua Club at Nadi airport. which has been stylishly upgraded. Well done Fiji Airways!
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteAdelaide to Nadi via Melbourne
Date FlownMarch 2018

"For the price we paid we were very happy"

Trip Verified | Flew Fiji Airways from Brisbane to Los Angeles with a 5 hours stopover in Nadi. Flight to Nadi only had entertainment via a few screens and was rather poor, however service and meals were really good (for an airline). Ended up paying to go into the lounge in Nadi which was worth every cent - highly recommended. Flight from Nadi to Los Angeles was excellent and even managed to get a few extra seats to get some sleep. For the price we paid we were very happy.
RouteBrisbane to Los Angeles via Nadi
Date FlownDecember 2017

"I loved flying Fiji Airways"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Sydney via Nadi. I loved flying Fiji Airways and I think it is absolutely value for money. At the time I bought my return ticket Sydney - LAX, Fiji Airways was about 30-40% cheaper than its competitors (United, Qantas etc.). Some reviews made me a bit hesitant to fly Fiji Airways, but I am glad that I did! The online check-in was easy and their ground personnel at the baggage drop counter was friendly and helpful. Also the boarding went smooth and all four flights I had departed on time. On one of my flights, just before take-off, a steward came to me and asked me whether I preferred to move to another seat that had an empty seat next to it, because of my height (6 foot 6/1.95 m.). I think this was very kind of him and in general I found the stewards on board very friendly and willing to help. The food and the in-flight entertainment was alright. It may not be as fancy or shiny as the food and entertainment you get at huge airlines like Emirates or Qatar, but for the money it was good value. For the meals you had a vegetarian and non-vegetarian option and the in-flight entertainment was sufficient. (again, Emirates may have a 150 movies to choose from and Fiji only 30, but you can't watch them all anyway) Also the seats were fine and just like any other company (besides maybe the more luxurious A380 seats). I would really like to recommend Fiji Airways to fly with if you want a good value for money. Don't expect too much luxury, but expect very friendly personnel, food, entertainment and seats that do the job and a company that brings you from A to B for 60-70% of the price of their competitors.
AircraftA330-200
RouteLos Angeles to Sydney via Nadi
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"weren’t provided any meals on board"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Nadi to Auckland. If you are a parent of a child who is not a teenager do not use Fiji Airways. Our flight was delayed (understandable) due to a strike by their ground staff hence we weren’t provided any meals on board. They have a intercom announcement system yet they failed to inform us at the counter, over the system and at the boarding gate that meals won’t be provided and we were allowed to take a meal with us. I have a 1y 4m toddler, she grew hungry within an hour on the flight. An attendee just 2 rows ahead of me ignored me when I first asked for assistance and continued even when another passenger informed him I required help. The second time I reached out an tapped on his shoulder and excused myself asking for just a cup of water to make formula for my crying toddler, who by now was in a full on hunger tantrum. The attendee turned around and told me sternly that I would be attended to by his co-worker. When the second attendee approached me with the meal cart I asked for water and voiced out as to how rude the other attendee was to which she replied “it’s okay, it’s okay”, any parent with a hungry baby would know it’s not okay to see your child in tears. It was so hard to get a cup of water from these people I don’t know what they would do if a more urgent issue arised. My problems could have been taken care of at so many stages of the days events. They could have sent an email out informing us about the strike and that there would be no meals on board, at the check in counter, announced it, at the boarding gate, by the staff. I am a parent, I will always need to know that I can feed my child. If I had known at any of these stages that there weren’t any meals I would have requested to take a bottle of water with me. If you are a parent, my advice to you is to not use this airline or if you really have to then you have to take on the responsibility to keep checking with the staff for any issues which my hinder your journey, cause lord knows they won’t do it!
RouteNadi to Auckland
Date FlownDecember 2017

"seats had been given away"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Los Angeles via Nadi. Booked exit seats and paid online, got to counter they had been given away, mind you we were one of the first to book in. After 9 phone calls not understanding the Fijians and 6 weeks later finally got a refund. Food is terrible, seats uncomfortable. Go through all security checks in Sydney bags checked etc etc. Get to Nadi get off a plane and walk straight to security check go through my bag again where they claim you cant have a small roll on Deodorant has to be in a small plastic zip bag. Why is this? I have just carried it off a flight from Sydney its less than 30ml it is unopened. Of course I don't have a zip plastic bag so I have to give it to them they cant tell me why I cant take it. I'm on a 14 hour flight I should be able to stay fresh I have abided by the rules set in Sydney. Walk out and guess what I find in the lounge the same deodorant I asked them do I need to put this is in a bag to take on the plane girl looked at me odd. I would go with you get what you paid for, be prepared for the worse.
RouteSydney to Los Angeles via Nadi
Date FlownOctober 2017

"not be flying Fiji Airways again"

Trip Verified | Nadi to Los Angeles. We paid for our two adult children to fly at the bulkhead seats and to have bassinets for their babies. When we get to the airport they changed the seats and gave them away both on the inbound and the outbound flights. We tried to work with them and showed them our confirmation of the seats and payment of the extra fee. They said that other people were confirmed and that our seats were only requested, even though we had a confirmation email. When we asked a supervisor they said that it was because there were three younger babies on the flight and they gave the seats to them. When we boarded the plane and saw that those "babies" were over 65 years old we knew two things. One, we feel they doublebooked those seats and stole our money and they lied to us about why our seats were given away. Very poor customer service. We have flown with them more than a dozen times and they always seem to change seats either on us or those we fly with. We only find out when we get to the ticket counter. I will not be flying with Fiji Airways again.
RouteNadi to Los Angeles
Date FlownNovember 2017

"had to book a new ticket home"

Verified Review | Los Angeles to Sydney. Terrible customer service. We booked a flight from San Francisco to Sydney via Los Angeles. When we arrived in LA we were transferred straight to our gate to wait for our next flight to Sydney. When it was time to board we were told that Virgin America in San Francisco did not check us in through to Sydney so they could not let us board the flight. When we called the service team they were rude and not helpful. Our only option was to pay a fare difference and change fee of over $1000 to board the flight that was 24 hours away. And even if we wait for this flight we are not confirmed and may not be able to board. We called multiple times to try to work out what was going on with Fiji Airways service team and no one was able to help. I would not recommend flying with this airline as it was definitely not worth the hassle considering we had to book a new ticket with another airline as it was cheaper than paying the many fees Fiji Airways wanted to charge.
RouteLos Angeles to Sydney

"a terrible attitude"

(Spain)

Verified Review | Nadi to San Francisco. On the check-in counter for my return flight, they inform me there is a problem with my ticket and they must change first for second name with the cost of 50$ . The guy at the Nadi check in counter blames me for buying on line (easyest and almost only way to buy it in Spain) with a terrible attitude (this was the first and only bad attitude I had in Fiji) says take it or cancel and stay here. Really bad to have nasty people solving passengers problems.
RouteNadi to San Francisco

"seat was comfortable"

(China)

Verified Review | Nadi to Auckland on July 3rd. It was my first time to fly with Fiji Airways. The check-in in Nadi was fast. The staff did Fijian welcome and said "Bula" to every passenger. The aircraft was Boeing 737-800. The seat was comfortable and had enough leg room. The meal onboard was good.
RouteNadi to Auckland