Fiji Airways

"had to book a new ticket home"

Verified Review | Los Angeles to Sydney. Terrible customer service. We booked a flight from San Francisco to Sydney via Los Angeles. When we arrived in LA we were transferred straight to our gate to wait for our next flight to Sydney. When it was time to board we were told that Virgin America in San Francisco did not check us in through to Sydney so they could not let us board the flight. When we called the service team they were rude and not helpful. Our only option was to pay a fare difference and change fee of over $1000 to board the flight that was 24 hours away. And even if we wait for this flight we are not confirmed and may not be able to board. We called multiple times to try to work out what was going on with Fiji Airways service team and no one was able to help. I would not recommend flying with this airline as it was definitely not worth the hassle considering we had to book a new ticket with another airline as it was cheaper than paying the many fees Fiji Airways wanted to charge.
RouteLos Angeles to Sydney
Date FlownOctober 2017

"a terrible attitude"

(Spain)

Verified Review | Nadi to San Francisco. On the check-in counter for my return flight, they inform me there is a problem with my ticket and they must change first for second name with the cost of 50$ . The guy at the Nadi check in counter blames me for buying on line (easyest and almost only way to buy it in Spain) with a terrible attitude (this was the first and only bad attitude I had in Fiji) says take it or cancel and stay here. Really bad to have nasty people solving passengers problems.
RouteNadi to San Francisco
Date FlownOctober 2017

"seat was comfortable"

(China)

Verified Review | Nadi to Auckland on July 3rd. It was my first time to fly with Fiji Airways. The check-in in Nadi was fast. The staff did Fijian welcome and said "Bula" to every passenger. The aircraft was Boeing 737-800. The seat was comfortable and had enough leg room. The meal onboard was good.
RouteNadi to Auckland
Date FlownJuly 2017

"love the Fijian welcome"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | Nadi to Auckland. I like the level of comfort in the aircraft and also I am very happy with the cabin crew.They way they serve their customer is fantastic and the way the cabin crew looks after the passengers in the cabin was good. I really love the Fijian welcome as you enter the main door of the cabin. I highly recommend this airline.
AircraftA330-200
RouteNadi to Auckland
Date FlownJuly 2017

"forgot my luggage"

Verified Review | Wellington to Nadi. The check-in in Wellington was fast and good. Boarding process chaotic. The seat was ok, but not much to do, only an airline magazine. Food was really good for this short flight. Fiji Airways forgot my luggage in Wellington, but after three days (and a bad facebook review) they brought the luggage to me. Fiji Airways only paid 100 Fiji Dollars. To get this money you have to walk through the departure terminal building, go one floor upstairs and look for the refund office.
RouteWellington to Nadi
Date FlownMarch 2017

"A warm Fijian welcome"

Verified Review | Nadi to Singapore. This is my first long haul flight with Fiji Airways. The boarding process was smooth with the ground staff were calling for business class as the rest had already almost blocked the boarding lane. A warm Fijian welcome was waiting for us with drinks etc. The seat arrangements was 2-2-2 with a semi flat bed. The pillow was hard and the leather seat was fine. As I was seated in the front I had sufficient leg space. As it was a very full flight there were some passengers who were upgraded to business class. The crew were attentive and asking frequently the passengers on whether they need drinks etc, I did not eat on this overnight flight. However my bag was the last to arrive on the baggage claim with sand and my black bag looked brown.
AircraftA330-200
RouteNadi to Singapore
Date FlownApril 2017

"isn't going to help you"

Verified Review | I made a booking with Fiji Airways online service on Tuesday 7/3 for my mum to travel from Fiji to Adelaide in April. Unfortunately I did a typing error in spelling my mums family name. I typed 's' instead of an 'a'. I called Fiji airways customer service on Thursday to get my error corrected. I was told they had to get approval from their coordinator and it would take 24hrs. 5 days and 120hrs later I call customer service only to be told they can only change the name on their flight. And because there was a connecting flight through Jetstar airways I had to call them myself and get the name change done. I just can't understand why provide a service when you can't deal with simple issues as such. Customer service is so pathetic am still waiting for a call back. Surprisingly their email system gets down as well so things cannot happen. Just warning other customers please triple check your booking as if things go wrong Fiji airways isn't going to help you at all. I feel embarrassed to write this review for my very own national carrier.
RouteNadi to Adelaide via Brisbane
Date FlownMarch 2017

"high quality standards"

Verified Review | Nadi to Singapore with Fiji Airways. Excellent airline: aircraft very clean, staff very friendly, efficient and helpful, on time. It's the exoticism and friendliness of the Fijian population coupled with high quality standards. The direct flight from Singapore to Fiji/Nadi is making the trip easy. All this is definitely an incentive to go to Fiji again soon.
RouteNadi to Singapore
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"would recommend Fiji Airways"

Unverified | Brisbane to Nadi on a Boeing 737. Pleasant short-haul flight on Fiji Airways which was simple but comfortable. The lunch service provided was quite tasty and plentiful with two choices of meals. No in-flight entertainment offered, adequate for a shorter flight. Flight attendants were friendly and kind, greeting passengers with a Fijian welcome upon boarding. Aircraft was clean and there are some Fijian decorations on board. I also flew Nadi to Taveuni Island return on a Fiji Link Twin Otter aircraft which was a very short and basic domestic flight. I did get charged a small amount extra for over-sized baggage on the return domestic flight at Taveuni Airport, so be careful as they are tight on baggage restrictions. Would recommend and fly with Fiji Airways again.
RouteBrisbane to Nadi
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"Nadi airport was very basic"

Verified Review | Singapore to Auckland via Nadi. Our flight from Singapore at 1055 was rescheduled to 1400 but we were not informed. We arrived at the airport at 0930 and found out the new timing, only to wait there for 5 hours. The flight from Nadi to Auckland delayed also from 0945 to 1300. Nadi airport was very basic and noisy. It was terrible to spend 8 hours there although we were given food coupon. Because of the delay, we collected our rental car after 6pm so we had to pay late charge of NZD 60. Fiji Airways didn't want to refund us and just offered discount for the next ticket which I was not interested in. Fiji Airways customer service is the worst I've ever seen. The positive side is the aircraft looks new and very clean.
RouteSingapore to Auckland via Nadi