Vote Now

Fiji Airways

"forgot my luggage"

Verified Review | Wellington to Nadi. The check-in in Wellington was fast and good. Boarding process chaotic. The seat was ok, but not much to do, only an airline magazine. Food was really good for this short flight. Fiji Airways forgot my luggage in Wellington, but after three days (and a bad facebook review) they brought the luggage to me. Fiji Airways only paid 100 Fiji Dollars. To get this money you have to walk through the departure terminal building, go one floor upstairs and look for the refund office.
RouteWellington to Nadi
Date FlownMarch 2017

"A warm Fijian welcome"

Verified Review | Nadi to Singapore. This is my first long haul flight with Fiji Airways. The boarding process was smooth with the ground staff were calling for business class as the rest had already almost blocked the boarding lane. A warm Fijian welcome was waiting for us with drinks etc. The seat arrangements was 2-2-2 with a semi flat bed. The pillow was hard and the leather seat was fine. As I was seated in the front I had sufficient leg space. As it was a very full flight there were some passengers who were upgraded to business class. The crew were attentive and asking frequently the passengers on whether they need drinks etc, I did not eat on this overnight flight. However my bag was the last to arrive on the baggage claim with sand and my black bag looked brown.
AircraftA330-200
RouteNadi to Singapore
Date FlownApril 2017

"isn't going to help you"

Verified Review | I made a booking with Fiji Airways online service on Tuesday 7/3 for my mum to travel from Fiji to Adelaide in April. Unfortunately I did a typing error in spelling my mums family name. I typed 's' instead of an 'a'. I called Fiji airways customer service on Thursday to get my error corrected. I was told they had to get approval from their coordinator and it would take 24hrs. 5 days and 120hrs later I call customer service only to be told they can only change the name on their flight. And because there was a connecting flight through Jetstar airways I had to call them myself and get the name change done. I just can't understand why provide a service when you can't deal with simple issues as such. Customer service is so pathetic am still waiting for a call back. Surprisingly their email system gets down as well so things cannot happen. Just warning other customers please triple check your booking as if things go wrong Fiji airways isn't going to help you at all. I feel embarrassed to write this review for my very own national carrier.
RouteNadi to Adelaide via Brisbane
Date FlownMarch 2017

"high quality standards"

Verified Review | Nadi to Singapore with Fiji Airways. Excellent airline: aircraft very clean, staff very friendly, efficient and helpful, on time. It's the exoticism and friendliness of the Fijian population coupled with high quality standards. The direct flight from Singapore to Fiji/Nadi is making the trip easy. All this is definitely an incentive to go to Fiji again soon.
RouteNadi to Singapore
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"would recommend Fiji Airways"

Unverified | Brisbane to Nadi on a Boeing 737. Pleasant short-haul flight on Fiji Airways which was simple but comfortable. The lunch service provided was quite tasty and plentiful with two choices of meals. No in-flight entertainment offered, adequate for a shorter flight. Flight attendants were friendly and kind, greeting passengers with a Fijian welcome upon boarding. Aircraft was clean and there are some Fijian decorations on board. I also flew Nadi to Taveuni Island return on a Fiji Link Twin Otter aircraft which was a very short and basic domestic flight. I did get charged a small amount extra for over-sized baggage on the return domestic flight at Taveuni Airport, so be careful as they are tight on baggage restrictions. Would recommend and fly with Fiji Airways again.
RouteBrisbane to Nadi
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"Nadi airport was very basic"

Verified Review | Singapore to Auckland via Nadi. Our flight from Singapore at 1055 was rescheduled to 1400 but we were not informed. We arrived at the airport at 0930 and found out the new timing, only to wait there for 5 hours. The flight from Nadi to Auckland delayed also from 0945 to 1300. Nadi airport was very basic and noisy. It was terrible to spend 8 hours there although we were given food coupon. Because of the delay, we collected our rental car after 6pm so we had to pay late charge of NZD 60. Fiji Airways didn't want to refund us and just offered discount for the next ticket which I was not interested in. Fiji Airways customer service is the worst I've ever seen. The positive side is the aircraft looks new and very clean.
RouteSingapore to Auckland via Nadi
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"flight was the best ever"

Verified Review | Sydney to Los Angeles via Nadi. Flight was delayed due to a problem with aircraft. They compensated on the stopover by putting us up in a nice hotel, room service meals included. The flight from Nadi to Los Angeles was the best ever, I was asked if I wanted a 4 seat row to myself when I already had a 3 seat to myself. Best sleep ever on a plane. Very happy with the level of service!
RouteSYD to LAX via NAN
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"I was pleasantly surprised"

Verified Review | Not perfect but better than expected. Having flown quite a bit around the Pacific, most of which does not warrant a good rating, I was pleasantly surprised by the latest offering from Fiji Airways. The plane was newish, the flight crew were friendly and the seat, for a relatively short haul international flight, was pretty much as good as you get (lay flat, power and widgets etc.). The IES was a tad lacking but this is only a one film flight so there was just about enough. And by the time you read this most of the renovations at Nadi airport should have been completed so you wont have to experience the rather dismal business class lounge. Going the right way.
RouteSYD to NAN
Date FlownDecember 2016

"need to be more efficient"

Verified Review | Nadi to Los Angeles. The onboard crew need to be more efficient to customers. Waiting 15 mins to get a glass of water is ridiculous. The special meal request was accepted by the airline but no special meal was offered, when asked I was told they don't have my request. I will avoid using Fiji Airways, not worth it for such a long flight.
AircraftA330-300
RouteNAN to LAX
Date FlownDecember 2016

"service was friendly and efficient"

Sydney to Los Angeles with a stopover in Nadi. Check in was easy with no waiting, aircraft left a few minutes late due to normal Sydney delays. Nadi is nearing a make over and no doubt the new lounge will be superior to the old one which is still usable. Flight from Nadi left on time, I slept most of the way to LAX and the plane landed ahead of time. Food offered was of a good standard and the service was friendly and efficient. The stop in Nadi does break up the flight and the new look airport will be a big boost. A good flight all over, the IFE is limited however there where decent choices.
RouteSYD to LAX via NAN