Fiji Airways

Review by (New Zealand)

My wife and I had the great misfortune to have booked to fly from Auckland to Nadi on 29th May 2015 with Fiji Airways. The flight was scheduled to depart at 12.55, but about half way through the check-in, the gate was closed. Apparently Fiji Airways were a plane down due to an accident two weeks earlier. They had downgraded the flight and half of the passengers (including us) had to wait for 9 hours, while the aircraft transported the lucky passengers and returned for us. This meant that we did not arrive at our hotel until 3.30. In my view, they failed to advise us of the situation to avoid cancellations. Clearly, they put profit before the interests of their passengers. We complained on our return to NZ, and received an acknowledgement stating that they would respond within 60 days (not great customer service in my book). We will never fly with them again.
RouteAKL to NAD
Date FlownJune 2015

Review by (Australia)

Lacks everything. Paid for a flatbed, got a broken seat. Unfortunately, business class was full, so I was stuck with my seat. On checking in, we were advised we could use the Tabua club as they didn't have a business class lounge - we went to the club, and were turned away as our names "were not on her list". Soon found an airport cafe to eat dinner in (flight was delayed 3 hours). Staff welcomed us aboard, swiftly brought drinks and settled people in. Food was mediocre, nothing like I remember Air Pacific before they rebranded. Entertainment with very few movies to chose from, but that didn't bother me, as it was a night flight, and I wanted to sleep. Since we have flown, I have emailed Fiji Airways, and they can't be bothered responding. Says it all about customer service really.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteNadi to LAX
Date FlownJune 2015

Review by (Australia)

My family and I flew to Fiji, SYD-NAN in July on an Airbus A330 (DQ-FJU). The aircraft decor was very pleasant, the crew were friendly and helpful and the food on board was nice. For a 4 hour flight, the aircraft was comfortable enough, but the seats are nowhere near as comfortable as those on a Qantas aircraft. The entertainment selection was quite limited also. I will most likely choose to fly with them next time we go to Fiji, but I would not travel on longer flights to Los Angeles or Hong Kong on Fiji Airways. I'd like to also point out to people connecting to the US on Fiji Airways, any drinks or duty free alcohol in your hand luggage brought from your origin will be taken off you.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteSYD to NAN
Date FlownJuly 2015

Review by (United Kingdom)

On 11 April I flew FJ 391 from NAN to HKG. The flight was full and the aircraft was clean. The food was good. However my only comment is about cleanliness of the wash rooms. Every time I went to use it I had to clean and wipe the wash room and the surrounding areas with a paper towels because the previous customers had left the toilet in a filthy and disgusting state. The same situation had occurred to me on a different flight from HKG to LHR I had to perform similar task because the state of the dirty wash rooms. I am now wondering whether a written sign may be placed in the wash rooms to inform other users about the basic standard and cleanliness of wash room facilities for the other customers to use. I am sick of cleaning other peoples' mess.

Review by (United Kingdom)

I flew flight NZ4010 taking off from Nadi 21.40 24th March 2015 to Los Angeles landing 13.25 the day after. An overnight flight. I had several young children around me during that time 3 of which were upset screaming and crying for a lot of the time. I asked a female member of the aircrew if I could have a mask and earplugs in order to try to sleep. All she did was to shrug her shoulders and say they were not available she didn't look interested couldn't have cared less and did nothing to help. Absolutely shocking.

Review by (United Kingdom)

LAX-Nadi / Nadi-LAX. 787 seats are poor-too narrow and uncomfortable for such a long flight. Cabin Staff OK but not particularly friendly particularly in comparison with local Fijians. Once food and Beverage service is completed they disappear. Main gripe is the food- simply nowhere near good enough in this competitive market. FA really need to improve the F&B offering. Whoever suggested that breakfast should comprise a so-called omelette with all the flavour and consistency of Styrofoam accompanied by curried carrots?

Review by (Australia)

Fiji airways inflight services is very poor flying from Nadi to Melbourne the aircraft was really old the only entertain on the flight was the movie showing on main stream screen there was no alternative inflight entertainment such as back seat personal television or iPad which majority airliners provide these days. I have flow several budget airliners and full service airliners and they offer more meal choices and variety inflight entertainment. The meal service was so poor food was intended for people who are on diet. I have flown on their Sydney to Nadi route and the same situation their domestic connections are so disorganized and have very poor lay over and connection times if you are unable to make it from one connection to the other then you will be very disappointed. The 737 aircraft's that they use are so old if you are a frequent traveler and have been travelling for years you will be able to tell difference.

Review by (Australia)

FJ916 on 14 December SYD-NAN: Absolute poor and rude customer service provided at check-in in SYD. Stressed and not properly trained staff. Flight was ok although staff were very inexperienced. Most unprofessional airline I have encountered.

Fiji Airways customer review

Review by (United States)

We flew to and from New Zealand on Dec 10 and Jan 16 on Fiji Airways. Service was competent food was palatable. We had excellent and friendly service in Auckland. The planes were reasonably comfortable especially if you got the two seats by the window. Flight attendants were friendly and as attentive as possible. Our sole problem was at the transit lounge in Fiji. While I'm assuming it's a temporary arrangement during construction it is cold depressing and a hard place to spend several hours. In addition the many repeat security searches seemed like overkill since we got off a Fiji plane were trapped in the concrete dungeon and then got on a Fji plane. Also a flight attendant on the plane from Auckland gave me a bottle of water as I de-planed which a security guard took away as we boarded our flight for LAX. Many people had bought water which was taken from them. This seems like a scam or at best a bad policy - passengers need to be warned if their drinks will be taken from them. There is plenty of room in the large dank lounge for signs to that effect. Would I fly Fiji again? Yes the flights were fine although I'd try to get a direct flight or a very short transit layover.

Review by (Australia)

Flew SYD-Nadi-LAX on 12 Jan plane delayed by 8 hours out of Sydney meal vouchers supplied and good announcements made. I think everyone but myself was given direct flights with other airlines if travelling to LAX however I spent the day and night in the Qantas lounge. Plane was the 330 and food and FA quite good movie selection was small however was only 3.5 hour flight. A booking error in Fiji was sorted by a very helpful fellow in the lounge and the trip to LA was good. Seats are good although they are not fully vertical so I slept for several hours. Movies where up to about 12 however no real block busters. Overall apart from the delays the actual flight was good and the staff where all very friendly and helpful.