Fiji Airways

"weren’t provided any meals on board"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Nadi to Auckland. If you are a parent of a child who is not a teenager do not use Fiji Airways. Our flight was delayed (understandable) due to a strike by their ground staff hence we weren’t provided any meals on board. They have a intercom announcement system yet they failed to inform us at the counter, over the system and at the boarding gate that meals won’t be provided and we were allowed to take a meal with us. I have a 1y 4m toddler, she grew hungry within an hour on the flight. An attendee just 2 rows ahead of me ignored me when I first asked for assistance and continued even when another passenger informed him I required help. The second time I reached out an tapped on his shoulder and excused myself asking for just a cup of water to make formula for my crying toddler, who by now was in a full on hunger tantrum. The attendee turned around and told me sternly that I would be attended to by his co-worker. When the second attendee approached me with the meal cart I asked for water and voiced out as to how rude the other attendee was to which she replied “it’s okay, it’s okay”, any parent with a hungry baby would know it’s not okay to see your child in tears. It was so hard to get a cup of water from these people I don’t know what they would do if a more urgent issue arised. My problems could have been taken care of at so many stages of the days events. They could have sent an email out informing us about the strike and that there would be no meals on board, at the check in counter, announced it, at the boarding gate, by the staff. I am a parent, I will always need to know that I can feed my child. If I had known at any of these stages that there weren’t any meals I would have requested to take a bottle of water with me. If you are a parent, my advice to you is to not use this airline or if you really have to then you have to take on the responsibility to keep checking with the staff for any issues which my hinder your journey, cause lord knows they won’t do it!
Date FlownDecember 2017

"seats had been given away"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Los Angeles via Nadi. Booked exit seats and paid online, got to counter they had been given away, mind you we were one of the first to book in. After 9 phone calls not understanding the Fijians and 6 weeks later finally got a refund. Food is terrible, seats uncomfortable. Go through all security checks in Sydney bags checked etc etc. Get to Nadi get off a plane and walk straight to security check go through my bag again where they claim you cant have a small roll on Deodorant has to be in a small plastic zip bag. Why is this? I have just carried it off a flight from Sydney its less than 30ml it is unopened. Of course I don't have a zip plastic bag so I have to give it to them they cant tell me why I cant take it. I'm on a 14 hour flight I should be able to stay fresh I have abided by the rules set in Sydney. Walk out and guess what I find in the lounge the same deodorant I asked them do I need to put this is in a bag to take on the plane girl looked at me odd. I would go with you get what you paid for, be prepared for the worse.
RouteSydney to Los Angeles via Nadi
Date FlownOctober 2017

"not be flying Fiji Airways again"

Trip Verified | Nadi to Los Angeles. We paid for our two adult children to fly at the bulkhead seats and to have bassinets for their babies. When we get to the airport they changed the seats and gave them away both on the inbound and the outbound flights. We tried to work with them and showed them our confirmation of the seats and payment of the extra fee. They said that other people were confirmed and that our seats were only requested, even though we had a confirmation email. When we asked a supervisor they said that it was because there were three younger babies on the flight and they gave the seats to them. When we boarded the plane and saw that those "babies" were over 65 years old we knew two things. One, we feel they doublebooked those seats and stole our money and they lied to us about why our seats were given away. Very poor customer service. We have flown with them more than a dozen times and they always seem to change seats either on us or those we fly with. We only find out when we get to the ticket counter. I will not be flying with Fiji Airways again.
RouteNadi to Los Angeles
Date FlownNovember 2017

"had to book a new ticket home"

Verified Review | Los Angeles to Sydney. Terrible customer service. We booked a flight from San Francisco to Sydney via Los Angeles. When we arrived in LA we were transferred straight to our gate to wait for our next flight to Sydney. When it was time to board we were told that Virgin America in San Francisco did not check us in through to Sydney so they could not let us board the flight. When we called the service team they were rude and not helpful. Our only option was to pay a fare difference and change fee of over $1000 to board the flight that was 24 hours away. And even if we wait for this flight we are not confirmed and may not be able to board. We called multiple times to try to work out what was going on with Fiji Airways service team and no one was able to help. I would not recommend flying with this airline as it was definitely not worth the hassle considering we had to book a new ticket with another airline as it was cheaper than paying the many fees Fiji Airways wanted to charge.
RouteLos Angeles to Sydney

"a terrible attitude"

(Spain)

Verified Review | Nadi to San Francisco. On the check-in counter for my return flight, they inform me there is a problem with my ticket and they must change first for second name with the cost of 50$ . The guy at the Nadi check in counter blames me for buying on line (easyest and almost only way to buy it in Spain) with a terrible attitude (this was the first and only bad attitude I had in Fiji) says take it or cancel and stay here. Really bad to have nasty people solving passengers problems.
RouteNadi to San Francisco

"seat was comfortable"

(China)

Verified Review | Nadi to Auckland on July 3rd. It was my first time to fly with Fiji Airways. The check-in in Nadi was fast. The staff did Fijian welcome and said "Bula" to every passenger. The aircraft was Boeing 737-800. The seat was comfortable and had enough leg room. The meal onboard was good.
Date FlownJuly 2017

"love the Fijian welcome"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | Nadi to Auckland. I like the level of comfort in the aircraft and also I am very happy with the cabin crew.They way they serve their customer is fantastic and the way the cabin crew looks after the passengers in the cabin was good. I really love the Fijian welcome as you enter the main door of the cabin. I highly recommend this airline.
AircraftA330-200
Date FlownJuly 2017

"forgot my luggage"

Verified Review | Wellington to Nadi. The check-in in Wellington was fast and good. Boarding process chaotic. The seat was ok, but not much to do, only an airline magazine. Food was really good for this short flight. Fiji Airways forgot my luggage in Wellington, but after three days (and a bad facebook review) they brought the luggage to me. Fiji Airways only paid 100 Fiji Dollars. To get this money you have to walk through the departure terminal building, go one floor upstairs and look for the refund office.
RouteWellington to Nadi
Date FlownMarch 2017

"A warm Fijian welcome"

Verified Review | Nadi to Singapore. This is my first long haul flight with Fiji Airways. The boarding process was smooth with the ground staff were calling for business class as the rest had already almost blocked the boarding lane. A warm Fijian welcome was waiting for us with drinks etc. The seat arrangements was 2-2-2 with a semi flat bed. The pillow was hard and the leather seat was fine. As I was seated in the front I had sufficient leg space. As it was a very full flight there were some passengers who were upgraded to business class. The crew were attentive and asking frequently the passengers on whether they need drinks etc, I did not eat on this overnight flight. However my bag was the last to arrive on the baggage claim with sand and my black bag looked brown.
AircraftA330-200
RouteNadi to Singapore
Date FlownApril 2017

"isn't going to help you"

Verified Review | I made a booking with Fiji Airways online service on Tuesday 7/3 for my mum to travel from Fiji to Adelaide in April. Unfortunately I did a typing error in spelling my mums family name. I typed 's' instead of an 'a'. I called Fiji airways customer service on Thursday to get my error corrected. I was told they had to get approval from their coordinator and it would take 24hrs. 5 days and 120hrs later I call customer service only to be told they can only change the name on their flight. And because there was a connecting flight through Jetstar airways I had to call them myself and get the name change done. I just can't understand why provide a service when you can't deal with simple issues as such. Customer service is so pathetic am still waiting for a call back. Surprisingly their email system gets down as well so things cannot happen. Just warning other customers please triple check your booking as if things go wrong Fiji airways isn't going to help you at all. I feel embarrassed to write this review for my very own national carrier.
RouteNadi to Adelaide via Brisbane