Fiji Airways

"return flight had been cancelled"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | My fiancé and I booked our honeymoon for November in Fiji and Fiji Airways offers direct flight between Hong Kong and Nadi. We have got everything booked (expensive non-refundable resort) and later found out that our return flight had been cancelled. We called customer care to see what they can do to protect us on another flight via Singapore or Melbourne on the same day (because obviously the hotel dates can’t be changed), and asked for compensation such as hotel for overlay due to additional transfer and taxi fee due to late arrival (after 12am) in Hong Kong. The response we got was that it is under their terms and conditions that they can cancel whatever flight they want, and that they won’t be giving us any sort of compensation, and if we are not satisfied then we can cancel our trip. This is probably the worst customer service from an airline I have ever encountered.
RouteHong Kong to Nadi
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"awesome in customer service"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Christchurch to Nadi. Fiji Airways are awesome in customer service and I will highly recommend this airline to my friends and family. The staff was awesome in attending passengers requirements and also with the call button service.
RouteChristchurch to Nadi
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"meal that was horrible"

Trip Verified | I recently travelled San Francisco to Nadi. My meal preference was Muslim meal that was horrible. The meal on our way to Nadi for breakfast was pancakes with cream cheese, and was some sort of chicken tikka, a piece of naan and some rice. The meal on our way back for breakfast was an egg omelet and potatoes. I would suggest to find a new cook, and offer better food for the Muslims. I’m sure I am not the only one who ordered a muslim meal, perhaps the only one who will address this issue!
RouteSan Francisco to Nadi
Date FlownAugust 2018

"service was excellent"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Auckland to Nadi. Fiji Airways service was excellent and the staff was attending to calls immediately. I would recommend flying with Fiji airways again. Keep it up Fiji Airways.
RouteAuckland to Nadi
Date FlownApril 2018

"our flight was re-booked"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Great disappointment that ruined my holiday. On the way to Honolulu 8th May there was a 5 hour lay over in Nadi airport. Decided to use the lounge so paid FJD $99 per person totalling FJD $198. They charged us twice. We decided to wait as foreign transaction does take few days to process hoping one of them will be auto cancelled. The two charges have been debited from my bank. Got in touch with Fiji Airways, took a couple of days to get an email saying the refund will be processed. the refund still hasn't come through as of 17th May. Was supposed to be on the flight back to NZ 18th 1am (night of 17th). So booked accommodation checking out 17th so that we could leave luggage in the hotel then go to the airport that night. Got an email, out of blue, on the night of the 16th that our flight was re-booked, leaving 18th 9.30am due to overweight, apparently their company policy is that overweight re schedule is not entitied to accommodation. Now we are spending the day finding accommodation and missing out on our planned tour. Have to pay an additional night accommodation that was not planned thanks to Fiji Airways.
RouteChristchurch to Honolulu via Nadi
Date FlownMay 2018

"showed great care and consideration"

Trip Verified | My wife and I flew to Nadi from Adelaide via Melbourne on a Friday night flight (FJ930) and then direct back to Adelaide on Monday with Fiji Airlines (FJ961 booked the codeshare Qantas flight number as I'm a Gold FF) to make it a long weekend. At Melbourne Tullamarine we needed to do a quick baggage check at the gate counter prior to boarding and rather unfortunately my wife hit her head on the counter overhanging ledge as she stood up from getting her passport out of her bag. It was completely no-one's fault but she was clearly a little upset at the shock of the it all. Naturally the staff were concerned on her welfare at the time, but what impressed me greatly was after we boarded, a ground manager came on board the plane asked after her personally, offered us both a bottle of water and moved us to an exit row for greater comfort. A terrific gesture and showed great care and consideration. I found this attitude from everyone at Fiji Airlines, including the tremendous Tabua Club at Nadi airport. which has been stylishly upgraded. Well done Fiji Airways!
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteAdelaide to Nadi via Melbourne
Date FlownMarch 2018

"For the price we paid we were very happy"

Trip Verified | Flew Fiji Airways from Brisbane to Los Angeles with a 5 hours stopover in Nadi. Flight to Nadi only had entertainment via a few screens and was rather poor, however service and meals were really good (for an airline). Ended up paying to go into the lounge in Nadi which was worth every cent - highly recommended. Flight from Nadi to Los Angeles was excellent and even managed to get a few extra seats to get some sleep. For the price we paid we were very happy.
RouteBrisbane to Los Angeles via Nadi
Date FlownDecember 2017

"I loved flying Fiji Airways"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Sydney via Nadi. I loved flying Fiji Airways and I think it is absolutely value for money. At the time I bought my return ticket Sydney - LAX, Fiji Airways was about 30-40% cheaper than its competitors (United, Qantas etc.). Some reviews made me a bit hesitant to fly Fiji Airways, but I am glad that I did! The online check-in was easy and their ground personnel at the baggage drop counter was friendly and helpful. Also the boarding went smooth and all four flights I had departed on time. On one of my flights, just before take-off, a steward came to me and asked me whether I preferred to move to another seat that had an empty seat next to it, because of my height (6 foot 6/1.95 m.). I think this was very kind of him and in general I found the stewards on board very friendly and willing to help. The food and the in-flight entertainment was alright. It may not be as fancy or shiny as the food and entertainment you get at huge airlines like Emirates or Qatar, but for the money it was good value. For the meals you had a vegetarian and non-vegetarian option and the in-flight entertainment was sufficient. (again, Emirates may have a 150 movies to choose from and Fiji only 30, but you can't watch them all anyway) Also the seats were fine and just like any other company (besides maybe the more luxurious A380 seats). I would really like to recommend Fiji Airways to fly with if you want a good value for money. Don't expect too much luxury, but expect very friendly personnel, food, entertainment and seats that do the job and a company that brings you from A to B for 60-70% of the price of their competitors.
AircraftA330-200
RouteLos Angeles to Sydney via Nadi
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"weren’t provided any meals on board"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Nadi to Auckland. If you are a parent of a child who is not a teenager do not use Fiji Airways. Our flight was delayed (understandable) due to a strike by their ground staff hence we weren’t provided any meals on board. They have a intercom announcement system yet they failed to inform us at the counter, over the system and at the boarding gate that meals won’t be provided and we were allowed to take a meal with us. I have a 1y 4m toddler, she grew hungry within an hour on the flight. An attendee just 2 rows ahead of me ignored me when I first asked for assistance and continued even when another passenger informed him I required help. The second time I reached out an tapped on his shoulder and excused myself asking for just a cup of water to make formula for my crying toddler, who by now was in a full on hunger tantrum. The attendee turned around and told me sternly that I would be attended to by his co-worker. When the second attendee approached me with the meal cart I asked for water and voiced out as to how rude the other attendee was to which she replied “it’s okay, it’s okay”, any parent with a hungry baby would know it’s not okay to see your child in tears. It was so hard to get a cup of water from these people I don’t know what they would do if a more urgent issue arised. My problems could have been taken care of at so many stages of the days events. They could have sent an email out informing us about the strike and that there would be no meals on board, at the check in counter, announced it, at the boarding gate, by the staff. I am a parent, I will always need to know that I can feed my child. If I had known at any of these stages that there weren’t any meals I would have requested to take a bottle of water with me. If you are a parent, my advice to you is to not use this airline or if you really have to then you have to take on the responsibility to keep checking with the staff for any issues which my hinder your journey, cause lord knows they won’t do it!
RouteNadi to Auckland
Date FlownDecember 2017

"seats had been given away"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Los Angeles via Nadi. Booked exit seats and paid online, got to counter they had been given away, mind you we were one of the first to book in. After 9 phone calls not understanding the Fijians and 6 weeks later finally got a refund. Food is terrible, seats uncomfortable. Go through all security checks in Sydney bags checked etc etc. Get to Nadi get off a plane and walk straight to security check go through my bag again where they claim you cant have a small roll on Deodorant has to be in a small plastic zip bag. Why is this? I have just carried it off a flight from Sydney its less than 30ml it is unopened. Of course I don't have a zip plastic bag so I have to give it to them they cant tell me why I cant take it. I'm on a 14 hour flight I should be able to stay fresh I have abided by the rules set in Sydney. Walk out and guess what I find in the lounge the same deodorant I asked them do I need to put this is in a bag to take on the plane girl looked at me odd. I would go with you get what you paid for, be prepared for the worse.
RouteSydney to Los Angeles via Nadi