EVA Air

EVA Air customer review

I have travelled EVA many times usually Premium Economy occasionally in Business and in general seats are comfy food is decent and staff is very pleasant. My complaint is about the website which is one of the worst I have ever encountered and far and away the worst airline website I have ever used. Maybe the Chinese language site works better? The English site is horrible. It took me hours to figure out and book flights. Then I couldn't select seats so I called the 800 number and was told that aisle seats were requested for me. Today 3 days before flight I got an e-mail inviting me to select seats on the website. Trying to log in using confirmation # and name (exactly as on ticket) and they couldn't find my name. Logging in with frequent flyer number and password and the system is down please try later. Please EVA upgrade the website!
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

EVA Air customer review

London to Bangkok return. Quality of food improved from last year. Excellent meals in both directions and a very good selection of wines and champagne. Good selection of films. I don't mind the angled seats.

(Taiwan)

TPE-HKG in economy then Macao-TPE with upgrade to business. Only one option for lunch on the TPE-HKG route - an awful fish dish truly inedible. I don't eat fish and the flight attendant found a tasty Hindu meal for me to eat. The lesson is to not count on them for food in economy and order a Hindu meal. Flight from Macao to TPE fine. Macao business class lounge seems stuck in the 80s but that isn't EVA's fault. You can fly into Hong Kong and out of Macao on EVA or vice versa which is very convenient. I believe EVA is the only airline where this is possible.

EVA Air customer review

YYZ-TPE-BKK Premium Laurel. I used to be a regular on EVA but the service started deteriorating over the past two years and I switched to Star Alliance carriers. As well EVA has lost its cost advantage. The seats in Premium Laurel are probably the worst available. All of the negative comments posted are valid. There really is no reason for such an uncomfortable seat. Air Canada uses the same aircraft for its long haul flights and is able to offer full flat beds and maintain the same passenger capacity. EVA caters to Chinese clientele so its menus are typically slanted to Taiwan preferences. That being said the western food options have deteriorated in the past two years with blandness high fat content and overcooking being signatures of EVA's caterers. The cabin crew are decent and planes are clean. A major disappointment is the YYZ lounge. Yes it is close to the gate but it is basically a separate holding area with limited food and beverage options. It's worse than the local domestic Air Canada Star Alliance lounge. EVA does not have a customer service email for inquiries and the only way to access customer service is to call a ticketing office. The Toronto office was unhelpful. There is no ticket office open on the weekends and after 6pm. The other big issue with EVA is that of language skills. I do not speak Mandarin and most of EVA's ticket agents cabin crew and desk agents have very limited English skills. I still am fond of EVA but when an airline starts cutting corners my loyalty reduces. EVA is no longer special and it offers business class service that is at the same level as North American carriers not its Asian competitors.

(Portugal)

Amsterdam to Bangkok and back on B777-300 : out on a night flight and return on day flight. Even though the seats do not recline to a flat position for sleeping we got a good sleep. You get a large pillow plus duvet. Food and drinks fantastic. Wide choice of menu made even larger if you pre order on line before your flight. On board service is very good with good attention to your personal needs. In flight entertainment with a good choice of movies and music and high quality head sets.

EVA Air customer review

LHR-BKK return a lot cheaper than other non-stop flights. Flights on time new aircraft and reasonably comfortable trip. Service efficient if lacking slightly in a human touch however staff courteous and helpful. Food was a bit bland but I don't expect much more from air travel. The real negative is their strange ticket amendment policy - you cannot change the outbound date but you can change the inbound date but only after you've flown the outbound! Not sure why this is so given that they charge to change dates (which I expect from a cheap ticket) and EVA didn't seem to know either when I called them. Anyway in short it was a comfortable flight and good value for money.

EVA Air customer review

Brisbane-Taipei-Paris Premium Laurel Class. Both flights great however more room on 777 then A330. Seat is not flat in sleep mode which was a bit of a pain however still managed some sleep. Food great on both flights. Cabin crew very friendly and came down aisle on both legs offering drinks and snacks. AVOD had sufficient choice to keep me occupied on both legs and the new lounge in Taipei is excellent and much better then Qantas lounge in Brisbane which EVA use.

EVA Air customer review

LHR-BKK return Economy. Flights on time smooth check in and departures on both legs. Staff friendly and nice enough. Got a pretty decent last minute deal with EVA. What lets them down really is the food and beverage. Seating is more comfortable in a 3x3x3 economy configuration in fairly new 777-300. Leg room not bad but glad I am not over 6 foot. IFE not bad enough choices though interface is slow and crashes regularly. Food very bland disappointing with options running out on both legs. Little in the way of snacks and beverages. In fact pouring generic cheap soft drinks into cups and serving them as popular/common brands I felt was very cheeky. Overall good service if somewhat indifferent.

(Hong Kong)

HKG-TPE-HKG premium laurel class. The service and food quality good ambience of cabin is fine neat toilets fairly good AVOD with touch screen. Seat pitch wide and fairly comfortable although it is not properly flat - angled lie-flat does make one feel like sliding down. Staff English ability has some room for improvement but they make an effort to pamper their Biz class passengers. Airport check-in is efficient and courteous. From HKG it uses Virgin Atlantic lounge which is great. In Taipei the EVA air lounge in terminal 2 is very roomy fantastic food selections. Priority luggage handling and delivery was very efficient and prompt.

EVA Air customer review

I've been flying EVA for 8 years. I have been a gold card member for most of that time. The weak link in EVA is its customer service. When I have to deal with a live person and am lucky enough to get through by telephone they rarely speak English comfortably and they have the Taiwanese attitude about customers - if you don't like their policies or decisions too bad for you. I think this is getting worse. heir upgrade policies are not written in standard English and when ambiguous they are construed against the customer. My wife and I will be trying new carriers if we are able to use our many accumulated miles and clear the balance sheet with EVA.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy