EVA Air

EVA Air customer review

LHR-BKK return in Business (Premium Laurel) Class. Full cabins on both outward and return journeys but good layout meant did not feel crowded. B777 aircraft in both cases seemed virtually brand new with comfortable seat albeit not quite managing flat-bed status. All meals of good quality served efficiently and with charm by young female crew coping well with some extensive turbulence. Check-in at both LHR and BKK was speedy and use of EVA's own lounge in BKK and the American Airlines lounge at LHR T3 made the journeys an enjoyable experience all round. Most importantly an excellent value product at £1500 for the part-flexible return ticket.

EVA Air customer review

We (2 adults 2 kids) flew from LHR-BKK. The check in procedure was quick with no queues. My two complaints are the temperature on the outbound flight was absolutely freezing. No matter how hard I tried to snuggle up in the blanket I just couldn't get warm which made it quite an unpleasant flight. The second was the food. It was pretty awful. The staff were quite friendly but nothing like Singapore Airlines or Virgin. In flight entertainment was much better on the return flight. I think because we went out in May and back in June it was different. It made the return flight almost bearable. Check in in BKK was the slowest I've ever known. Quite a few of us were at the airport 4 hrs before but it didn't open until 3 hrs before and even then it was extremely slow. When checking in at LHR the desk was open well in advance of the 3 hrs. Overall EVA are ok and we flew with them as they were cheapest and my agent said they were better than Thai Airways. Maybe we'll give Thai a try next time to see for ourselves!

EVA Air customer review

LHR-BKK flights on time both ways. Food not the best I have had. Great IFE on B777-300 plane new and clean. Overall I would fly with EVA again.

(Spain)

London Heathrow to Bangkok return. Check in staff at both ends very good. Eva Air in economy class do not cater for the tall customer - seats very uncomfortable. Staff onboard were good but never smiled. On the way out we weren't even offered a glass of water - on the way back it was better. The food was very poor but I didn't pay much for the seat. I guess they don't give that little bit extra.

EVA Air customer review

EWR-Beijing via Taipei Shanghai Hongqiao to Taipei Shongsheng and Taipei Tayouan to EWR business class. Generally a very nice trip with attentive service good food and on excellent on board entertainment. The new lounge in Taoyuan airport Terminal 2 with nice shower and food service. The transit in Taipei to Beijing is very smooth. The flight attendants polite and attentive on-demand meals were nice. The weakest link is the angled flat bed. Not comfy for a tall person - it's definitely not the same as real flat beds that most airlines now have. Cabin clean and modern. Probably use again if they can introduce new flat bed.

EVA Air customer review

On return from Bangkok May 27th my wife unfortunately had an accident whilst on holiday and was unable to walk unaided and was in a wheelchair however she was upgraded to business class by our insurance company as she had to have her leg in an elevated position. When we checked in at Eva Air desk the attendant told us that neither of us was upgraded through her broken English. This took a while to explain and eventually I had to telephone our insurers whilst at the check in desk to gain confirmation again for them to find our booking. They gave my wife a ticket to use in the business class lounge as only she had the upgrade but I was not allowed to accompany her even though she could not walk or look after herself so I gave the manager on duty the ticket back as they would not allow me to pay for an upgrade or wheel her into the lounge. I asked if the plane was a full flight to which she replied no. When we boarded I again asked if I could upgrade irrespective of the price and flatly told no. At one point during the flight I walked from the rear of the plane to the front into business class completely unchallenged but when I sat next to my wife in one of the many empty seats in business class I was told to return to my seat in economy class as I was upsetting the rest of the passengers. I offered to pay any price for one of the empty seats in business class and especially the two that were next to my wife. I was flatly refused and ended the entire flight separated from my wife for the 11 hours. The captain made his announcement to welcome all of us on board 9 hours into the flight. This is the first and last time I will ever fly Eva Air as I would rather pay extra to fly with any other airline as their customer service is non existent in addition to the extremely poor command of English. Equally this practice does not make commercial sense as the amount of empty seats on this flight could have been used for passengers to upgrade if they wished and therefore earning the airline extra revenue.

EVA Air customer review

Excellent service all round. Spotless planes excellent service smiling crew could not do enough to assist. Entertainment options were adequate and food was good.

EVA Air customer review

Heathrow to Brisbane return a delight. My wife and I were treated very well on all flights. The food was excellent and nothing too much trouble. Our enforced stopover at the Monarch in Taipei was also a delight. Just one quibble perhaps it would be possible to improve the announcements from the pilot as these were practically impossible to understand due to poor English.

EVA Air customer review

London to Bangkok. Both flights on time good service lovely staff good entertainment lots of food and better quality than expected. Legroom/comfort good for economy. Excellent value for money. A much more pleasant 11 hour flight than we were anticipating!

EVA Air customer review

London to Bangkok with three young children. Good inflight entertainment very advantageous especially with children. Seat legroom respectable for economy class and EVA are good value for money. The plane was full but service and cabin crew were very good and a thoroughly enjoyable flight. Additional snacks and soft drinks available whenever we wanted them.