top100_2016

EVA Air

"my best flight so far"

(Philippines)

Verified Review | Toronto to Manila via Taipei. It was my first time taking EVA Air because I would always take Philippine Airlines to go to Manila. I was excited that this was going to be my best flight so far and it actually was. The food was amazing and the seat had a lot space and legroom. I was sitting at seat 56J by the way. The inflight entertainment system was the best part. It had a lot of new movies from 2012-2016. The restroom was clean too. The staff were really helpful and nice. I'm going back to Manila on Dec 2016 and I'm definitely taking EVA air!
RouteYYZ to MNL via TPE
Date FlownJune 2016

"they had switched my seat"

Verified Review | San Francisco to Taipei. Have been flying EVA twice a year from the US to Thailand for the last 4 years, normally elite class. This trip I was the second person to check in at SFO. I reserve my seat selection in advance, a side aisle seat. I checked in and headed to my flight without looking at my boarding pass. When I boarded the plane the stewardess pointed to the middle as my seat and to my surprise they had switched my seat and stuck me in the middle row. Was pretty livid but flight was full nothing to be done. Once I landed sent a message to EVA customer service, received a reply that they would investigate but a month and a half have gone by and no reply. Lesson learned, have to check boarding pass.
RouteSFO to TPE
Date FlownMay 2016

"flight staff did an excellent job"

(Taiwan)

Flew EVA Air from Hong Kong to Taipei. Pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to business class, although the flight is only 90 minutes. Despite a 20 minute delay and the limited flight time, the flight staff did an excellent job to take care of the passengers. The seats were comfortable and the food and beverages were great. If I can get such upgrades on longer haul flights, that would be even better.
RouteHKG to TPE
Date FlownJuly 2016

"Inflight service is great"

Verified Review | I discovered EVA Air at the beginning of the year and yesterday flew with them to Bangkok for the third time. Service has been consistently excellent, on the ground and in the air. Living in Geneva, I have to transfer and Amsterdam, from where EVA flies three times a week, is a convenient connection. In brief: great value for money. Checking in in Amsterdam is a well-run operation, check in counters open three hours in advance. On-line check-in is easy and fast, and then it is just a matter of dropping the bag at the Royal Laurel counter. The Aspire lounge for EVA AIR passengers (shared with a number of airlines) is excellent - and now that renovation at Schiphol is progressing, also better accessible; however, it is quite a distance from the usual EVA Air Gate G5. Boarding is orderly, and after the preliminaries (champagne, amenity kit, cold towel) the plane took off on time. Inflight service is great - staff anticipate your needs, catering quality high level (including the option to choose your meal in advance - which I did, and I enjoyed a delicious lobster thermidor). Strikingly, all cabin staff is female, and they are well trained. Friendly, service oriented and confident. The staff regularly checks for passengers' needs. Flight captains provide useful information. With the great lay out of the cabin, I get a good nights sleep and arrived rested in Bangkok, 40 minutes ahead of schedule. Business class provides a full size toilet where you can easily change into the pyjamas provided.
RouteAMS to BKK
Date FlownJuly 2016

"professional and kind service"

(Taiwan)

Verified Review | Flew with EVA 4 times in June both economy and Elite class. Always professional and kind service with quite good inflight food! Boeing 777 has a great leg rest for Premium Economy and I wish they had kept it for their new planes. Only disappointment is no PTV's on the brand new A321 to Cambodia and no wifi.
RouteCDG to TPE
Date FlownJune 2016

"one of the best in Asia"

Toronto to Taipei with EVA Air. I went back to Taiwan for summer vacation with my family. Personally, I feel EVA Air is one of the best airlines in Asia. Flights from North America to Taiwan usually takes sometime between 12 to 15 hours. The seat in Premium Economy was pretty decent. I cannot say that it was the best ride because the seat cushions were quite hard. The food was good. Unfortunately, the journey wasn't that pleasant because other passengers were so loud but apart from the people, the flight was smooth and relaxing.
RouteYYZ to TPE
Date FlownJuly 2015

"food & beverage were spot on"

Verified Review | London Heathrow to Bangkok with EVA Air. This airline was excellent. The ground staff were excellent and friendly at both airports. The inflight entertainment was more than adequate. The plane itself was immaculate - I can see why this airline has been voted the cleanest in the world. The flight all round as extremely enjoyable and it was an 11 hour flight. The food and beverage were spot on as well.
RouteLHR to BKK
Date FlownOctober 2015

"friendly and professional crew"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | I'd heard good reports of EVA Air business class and was pleasantly surprised that the reality exceeded my expectations. Flew from Hong Kong to Los Angeles via Taipei. Transit in TPE, both outbound and inbound were seamless. Exceptionally friendly and professional crew, very comfortable seat, great range of video and audio on the IFE and extremely good food and wine (I’d pre-ordered dinner on the long haul sectors and they were both near restaurant quality). The pyjamas and the Rimowa amenity kit were very nice touches. EVA are very good value for money for business class travel across the Pacific if you don’t mind the short stop in Taipei.
RouteHKG to LAX via TPE

"our best flight"

Verified Review | Los Angeles to Tapei with EVA Air. Unusually for EVA our flight was 30 minutes late taking off and we arrived about 40 minutes late due to congestion at TPE. Ticketing and boarding at LAX was quick and efficient. The flight itself was fine and there was great AC throughout the flight. We noticed several new small amenities - a cool towel to refresh was offered, eye shades, tooth brush and ear plugs were available in the lavatory, which was maintained and fairly clean the entire 14 hour flight. EVA catering seems to be experimenting with the menu and offering updated menu items. I did not care for the tuna snack or the pasta meal, but the chicken roll and fruit tasted fresh. The FA ran out of the beef meal my husband requested by the time she served our row but she made sure he received his first choice for the second meal. We tried the melon and plum liqueur, both were sweet and bracing. Our FAs were kind and attentive, smiling and worked consistently to make the experience more comfortable throughout the flight. Overall, this was our best flight and I am tough to please.
RouteLAX to TPE

"I loved EVA Air"

Los Angeles to Singapore return via Taipei with EVA Air. The flight took off at 12:30 am, dinner service was abbreviated, which was fine. The cabin staff were all truly lovely and cared about our comfort. I preordered my meal online and was impressed with the service. The food was beautifully presented. As far as the complaints about the food, I would disagree. It's still plane food and I though everything was fine. The seat pod was very comfortable and felt very private. It took a little while to get myself organized in the space, since there was a lot of nooks and crannies in which to store your things. After playing with the many seat buttons, you are really able to put the seat in any position to get comfortable. The entertainment system was very good with the noise canceling headphones. There was an extensive selection of current movies of all genres. Mood lighting from pink to purple to twinkling stars help set the mood for sleep. I always used the forward bathroom for which there was never a wait. Bathrooms were immaculate any time I went in. I enjoyed the Rimowa kit, PJ's, and slippers. I was able to sleep a solid 5 hours and I'm sure I dozed from time to time as well. I loved seeing the plane travel route with the current time of LAX, duration left of the flight and time at destination. Arrived Taipei where I was really able to refresh in the lounge. A 2 hour layover and the a 4.5 hr trip to Singapore. I flew back with EVA Air on 5/12 from Shanghai to Taipei to LAX; Flights BR711, BR12. Another fabulous experience. I actually looked forward to the trip home. Best thing was I didn't experience jet lag either way! Totally amazing. Probably my only criticism would be the way the boarding process is handled. Although there are separate zones for business vs economy, I still felt it was pretty much a cattle call since everyone is lining up in their labeled zones. Felt a little like flying SouthWest. But I loved EVA Air! If you can possibly fly business class, go for it! It wasn't cheap but worth every dollar.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 ER