Top 100 Airports

EVA Air

"great value, good quality carrier"

London Heathrow to Bangkok. Superb value for money, excellent leg room, friendly service and clean modern plane. The only minor downsides I will mention are that drinks are limited, water, soft drinks and alcohol. The flight attendants come round at limited times and then you are only offered a small amount! My recollection of this flight was of being very dehydrated. Take bottled water on board with you. The in flight entertainment boxes are intrusive and on over half of the seats in economy you lose at least half of your leg room - so whilst they technically have great leg room, it depends on where you sit. Check the airlinequality seat plans and try and book a good seat in advance (if you can) - which leads me onto the online booking system which would not allow us to login (at any time) to select our seats and we ended up being allocated 15 rows apart, which was quite stressful. However when arriving at the airport, the ground staff were very helpful and allocated us the extra legroom exit row seats - so a win in the end. Overall a great value, good quality carrier, our only advice would be to take food and water with you for long haul flights.
RouteLHR to BKK
Date FlownMarch 2016

"service was really excellent"

Kansai to Denpasar via Taipei with EVA Air. The service was really excellent: excellent staff both on-ground and on-board, excellent food, excellent punctuality, seat very comfortable. However, not enough drink was served which left me thirsty, and I regret the absence of IFE on the smaller aircraft (A321).
AircraftA330-200 / A321
RouteKIX to DPS via TPE

"my best flight so far"

(Philippines)

Verified Review | Toronto to Manila via Taipei. It was my first time taking EVA Air because I would always take Philippine Airlines to go to Manila. I was excited that this was going to be my best flight so far and it actually was. The food was amazing and the seat had a lot space and legroom. I was sitting at seat 56J by the way. The inflight entertainment system was the best part. It had a lot of new movies from 2012-2016. The restroom was clean too. The staff were really helpful and nice. I'm going back to Manila on Dec 2016 and I'm definitely taking EVA air!
RouteYYZ to MNL via TPE
Date FlownJune 2016

"they had switched my seat"

Verified Review | San Francisco to Taipei. Have been flying EVA twice a year from the US to Thailand for the last 4 years, normally elite class. This trip I was the second person to check in at SFO. I reserve my seat selection in advance, a side aisle seat. I checked in and headed to my flight without looking at my boarding pass. When I boarded the plane the stewardess pointed to the middle as my seat and to my surprise they had switched my seat and stuck me in the middle row. Was pretty livid but flight was full nothing to be done. Once I landed sent a message to EVA customer service, received a reply that they would investigate but a month and a half have gone by and no reply. Lesson learned, have to check boarding pass.
RouteSFO to TPE
Date FlownMay 2016

"flight staff did an excellent job"

(Taiwan)

Flew EVA Air from Hong Kong to Taipei. Pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to business class, although the flight is only 90 minutes. Despite a 20 minute delay and the limited flight time, the flight staff did an excellent job to take care of the passengers. The seats were comfortable and the food and beverages were great. If I can get such upgrades on longer haul flights, that would be even better.
RouteHKG to TPE
Date FlownJuly 2016

"Inflight service is great"

Verified Review | I discovered EVA Air at the beginning of the year and yesterday flew with them to Bangkok for the third time. Service has been consistently excellent, on the ground and in the air. Living in Geneva, I have to transfer and Amsterdam, from where EVA flies three times a week, is a convenient connection. In brief: great value for money. Checking in in Amsterdam is a well-run operation, check in counters open three hours in advance. On-line check-in is easy and fast, and then it is just a matter of dropping the bag at the Royal Laurel counter. The Aspire lounge for EVA AIR passengers (shared with a number of airlines) is excellent - and now that renovation at Schiphol is progressing, also better accessible; however, it is quite a distance from the usual EVA Air Gate G5. Boarding is orderly, and after the preliminaries (champagne, amenity kit, cold towel) the plane took off on time. Inflight service is great - staff anticipate your needs, catering quality high level (including the option to choose your meal in advance - which I did, and I enjoyed a delicious lobster thermidor). Strikingly, all cabin staff is female, and they are well trained. Friendly, service oriented and confident. The staff regularly checks for passengers' needs. Flight captains provide useful information. With the great lay out of the cabin, I get a good nights sleep and arrived rested in Bangkok, 40 minutes ahead of schedule. Business class provides a full size toilet where you can easily change into the pyjamas provided.
RouteAMS to BKK
Date FlownJuly 2016

"professional and kind service"

(Taiwan)

Verified Review | Flew with EVA 4 times in June both economy and Elite class. Always professional and kind service with quite good inflight food! Boeing 777 has a great leg rest for Premium Economy and I wish they had kept it for their new planes. Only disappointment is no PTV's on the brand new A321 to Cambodia and no wifi.
RouteCDG to TPE
Date FlownJune 2016

"one of the best in Asia"

Toronto to Taipei with EVA Air. I went back to Taiwan for summer vacation with my family. Personally, I feel EVA Air is one of the best airlines in Asia. Flights from North America to Taiwan usually takes sometime between 12 to 15 hours. The seat in Premium Economy was pretty decent. I cannot say that it was the best ride because the seat cushions were quite hard. The food was good. Unfortunately, the journey wasn't that pleasant because other passengers were so loud but apart from the people, the flight was smooth and relaxing.
RouteYYZ to TPE
Date FlownJuly 2015

"food & beverage were spot on"

Verified Review | London Heathrow to Bangkok with EVA Air. This airline was excellent. The ground staff were excellent and friendly at both airports. The inflight entertainment was more than adequate. The plane itself was immaculate - I can see why this airline has been voted the cleanest in the world. The flight all round as extremely enjoyable and it was an 11 hour flight. The food and beverage were spot on as well.
RouteLHR to BKK
Date FlownOctober 2015

"friendly and professional crew"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | I'd heard good reports of EVA Air business class and was pleasantly surprised that the reality exceeded my expectations. Flew from Hong Kong to Los Angeles via Taipei. Transit in TPE, both outbound and inbound were seamless. Exceptionally friendly and professional crew, very comfortable seat, great range of video and audio on the IFE and extremely good food and wine (I’d pre-ordered dinner on the long haul sectors and they were both near restaurant quality). The pyjamas and the Rimowa amenity kit were very nice touches. EVA are very good value for money for business class travel across the Pacific if you don’t mind the short stop in Taipei.
RouteHKG to LAX via TPE