Airline of the Year

EVA Air

"I couldn't have been happier"

Unverified | Los Angeles to Bangkok via Taipei. I couldn't have been happier with EVA Air! We booked through a tour company, I had never heard of EVA air before this trip. The food was fantastic! The flight attendants were consistently hustling up and down the aircraft. Their English was outstanding. The plane was clean, the seats were comfortable. I will definitely be flying with EVA Air again.
RouteLos Angeles to Bangkok via Taipei
Date FlownMay 2017

"decent flight both ways"

Verified Review | Singapore to Taipei. The flight was in good condition. Flight attendants were generally attentive although more smile will be good. The one who attended to me was not that friendly. Flight entertainment was limited. Food was okay although I expected more. Generally quite a decent flight both ways. Leg room is quite standard. Toilets are clean. Inflight Wifi is not free.
RouteSingapore to Taipei
Date FlownMay 2017

"service was impeccable"

Verified Review | Singapore to Taipei. Fantastic Airline. Clean aircraft, comfortable seats, nice touch with Hello Kitty theme, service was impeccable with professional attitude always with a smile. They use the Singapore Airlines lounges in Singapore which are great. Food quality and presentation is excellent.
RouteSingapore to Taipei
Date FlownApril 2017

"willing to serve with a smile"

Verified Review | New York JFK to Kuala Lumpur via Taipei. Well deserved qualification. The staff, the aircraft, the quality and presentation of food and beverages really make this airline a 5 star. The lounge in Taipei is a great complement. The staff training is excellent, they are always willing to serve with a smile.
RouteJFK to KUL via TPE
Date FlownApril 2017

"flight was a good experience"

(Vietnam)

Verified Review | New York to Taipei. There were no major problems, but one stewardesses was a bit snippy with me, telling me to fasten my seatbelt when it was fastened and bring my seat forward. No apology when I corrected her. The food was mediocre. The stewardess English was not very good and I had difficulty understanding when they spoke to me. Overall, the flight was a good experience given the length of the trip.
RouteNew York to Taipei

"Very dedicated crew"

Verified Review | Ho Chi MInh City to Brisbane via Taipei. Check in slow, lounge okay in SGN. Flight to Taipei was better than the one to Brisbane. Food was OK wine very good, crew attentive. Fully flat beds but didn't use them on this afternoon flight. Infinity lounge at TPE was very crowded and adequate re offerings but nothing special. Brisbane flight overnight and not flat beds so sleep was not wonderful. Crew again top notch, food bland and in large quantities, wine list the same as earlier flight. Asked for champagne with breakfast they had run out and was offered a white wine which I declined. Bags off very fast only waited two minutes at the carousel. Very dedicated crew made both flights comfortable however food was hit and miss.
AircraftBoeing 777 / A330
RouteSGN to BNE via TPE

"definitely recommend EVA"

Verified Review | On my first flight from Manila to Taipei the agent at the counter in Manila was kind enough to upgrade me to premium economy at no cost. During my second flight from Manila to New York JFK I was in the regular economy cabin. Being this my first experience with EVA I was not sure what to expect but I booked because their 5 star rating here. During my first flight (Manila to Taipei - 2hrs) I received a hot meal (rice, meat, and vegetables), fresh fruit, a hot roll with butter, cake, wine, juice and water. No US carrier provides a meal like that on a two hour flight unless you are in business class or above. During my second flight (Manila to NYC - 14hrs) I received two hot meals (rice, meat, shrimp, vegetables, and pasta) fresh fruit, hot rolls with butter, dessert, wine, juice, water, snacks and 2 ham and cheese sandwiches. That is what I chose from the menu that we had in economy. Yes they hand you a menu with multiple choices and it's also displayed on the interactive screen you have in front of you. Their interactive entertainment choices are decent however for the 14 hour flight a more ample selection of movies would have been nice. The bathrooms in the economy cabin were equipped with amenities like you find in the business cabin bathrooms. Soap, lotion, body mist, facial mist, toothbrush, and sleeping masks were available in the bathrooms. On your chair you found a very nice and comfortable pillow with a blanket plus over the headphones. Next time I fly EVA I will book the premium economy cabin because the seat is extremely comfortable, double patted and a bit wider. (I'm 180lbs. 5'9") plus they separate the cabin with curtains giving you the feeling of a less crowded space. The seat in the regular economy cabin was comfortable however any seat that you spend 14 hours on at some point will become uncomfortable and I found myself having to stand multiple times during the flight. I had an aisle seat. My only observation as constructive feedback would be that even though everyone onboard smiled, happiness must appear to be genuine and that genuine feeling was not properly transmitted by the flight attendants. On the other hand I must say that they worked extremely fast, efficiently, and professional. I flew the Boeing 777-300ER for both flights and I have to say that it was not as quiet as the Boeing 787 and both planes while clean had signs of wear and tear. I definitely recommend EVA Air over any US based airline for the economy traveler.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteManila to New York via Taipei

"wonderful, responsive, genuine"

Verified Review | Brisbane to Ho Chi Minh City via Taipei. Crew members on both flights were really wonderful, responsive, genuine, good humored and always present in the cabin. We were last to check in so straight to the gate. Once on board felt as if all passengers were treated as special. Food was OK, wine was like first class including La Grande Dame 2006 Champagne. Cabin was old, seats did not go to full bed thus sleep was a little fraught. Transit in TPE brief, went to the lounge for half a drink, the Infinity Lounge looked more like a nightclub, didn't eat anything there seemed to be good variety of food but only wine was a single bottle of red. Next flight seemed to be delayed by connecting passengers, this wasn't explained however also very pleasant despite being "Business" rather that "Royal Laurel". Large quantity of food for such a short flight, again OK but had repeated ingredients so lacked variety - most simply looked reheated and lacked finesse. Arrived about 30 minutes late in SGN but bags off very fast. Given the high standards of service I was really happy with EVA Air and despite the mediocre culinary offerings and dated planes I thought the staff were pretty much as good as any in the sky.
AircraftA330 / A321
RouteBNE to SGN via TPE

"an excellent experience"

Verified Review | Taipei to New York JFK with EVA Air. Check-in was easy and the plane left on time. The flight attendants gave us a warm welcome: spotlessly clean plane, comfortable seating, complimentary pillows and blankets. We left on time. I ordered Asian vegetarian meals and they were all very good. Abundant entertainment options. The flight attendants came by often offering water and juice. We arrived early at JFK. Overall, an excellent experience.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteTaipei to New York JFK

"remarkable service quality"

Unverified | Paris to Taipei. Excellent experience on this first EVA Air flight. Nice ground service, fast and efficient. Access to Star Alliance lounge in Paris, which is nice, cosy and with fine food and beverages. Priority boarding quick. In flight experience was great, starting with a top quality service from attendants. Seat is confortable. Mattress and pajamas are nice touches. Toiletries bag one of the best I ever had. Entertainment could have a larger and better selection of movies. Food excellent, wines good. A remarkable service quality overall that makes me looking forward to my next EVA Air trip. Also fly return, with same if not better experience, so consistency another plus from EVA Air.
RouteParis to Taipei