EVA Air

Review by (United Kingdom) 7th July 2015

Eva Air to Bangkok from London Heathrow, on time and staff very helpful. The seating was a little cramped but other than that was comfortable. You get 2 meals and 2 snacks and all were very filling and tasty. The staff were very helpful and try their best to help you. The inflight service was very good with lots of options. I recommend this airline and they are very good value for money.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteLondon Heathrow to Bangkok

Review by (Canada) 7th July 2015

I had a wonderful experience with EVA Air. Staff both on the plane and ground service were helpful, friendly and thoughtful. The people working at ground service went out of their way to be accommodating. On the plane I was comfortable, enjoyed the in flight entertainment and overall would recommend flying with EVA Air.
RouteDenpasar to Toronto via TPE

Review by (United States) 24th June 2015

LAX-TPE-BKK, BKK-JFK via TPE. EVA is not a flashy airline, but a subtle service that will make your journey an easy and comfortable one. All our flights were on time, cabin fresh and clean, seats has lots of space to stretch your legs, good variety of inflight entertainment, in general good experience!
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteLAX to BKK via TPE

Review by (United States) 4th June 2015

We recently flew from San Francisco to Manila and back (April-May 2015). We chose the airline from the reviews we read and the price. Having flown US airlines recently and being totally unsatisfied this was a breath of fresh air. The seats were comfortable the service was prompt and cordial and the price was fantastic. Connections were easy. United you could sure learn something from these people. The only fault was the beverage service. We got a little cup of wine with our meal then never saw the beverage service again. Another glass or 2 would have been nice. But the overall service was excellent and we definitely will fly EVA again as we travel annually overseas.

Review by (United States) 4th June 2015

Review by (United Kingdom) 22nd May 2015

I have flown on a variety of services to Bangkok from London over the last two years. I avoided using EVA until they joined Star Alliance. Based on the two trips this month I believe of the three direct carriers (EVA BA Thai) as they stand today (pre Thai A380) EVA offer the best business service. The seat is comfortable spacious and at 6'3" tall I can sleep fully extended without having to bend my knees. It's a comfortable sleep with a reasonable duvet thrown in and fully flat. Service is nice and polite English fair and a decent screen to watch videos on. The music selection is poor and film selection fair only - there's better out there but there is enough for me to get through a 13 hour flight with sleep. Aircraft are modern and comfortable you actually get a sleep suit and good amenity kit which many no longer give. The only alternative (without taking a much longer route) I have used that competes on comfort is Austrian - but that's not direct.

Review by (United Kingdom) 22nd May 2015

Review by (Canada) 20th May 2015

YVR-TPE-BKK return. Outbound leg on March 30th and inbound on May 10th. Our YVR-TPE leg was delayed by an hour or so due to avionics failure on the B747. The captain and crew were very professional about it kept us informed of the reasons and troubleshooting progress as we waited on the tarmac. Other than that flight was very great for this leg and all other outbound and inbound legs. I found their cabin crew extremely professional courteous safety-oriented and well groomed. Inside the cabin the planes were clean and fresh. I had ordered Moslem Meal and to my delight the meals were very good quality on all flight segments. I wish they had used Airbus jets as I am not a fan of the 3-4-3 or 3-3-3 configurations (prefer to sit 2-4-2 on the side having two seats). EVA falls short on one thing - IFE. Their music collection can be vastly improved and widened. My first time with EVA and certainly won't be the last.

Review by (Canada) 20th May 2015

Review by (Singapore) 11th May 2015

BR10 May 3rd 2015. Traveled in their premium economy and was pleased so had greater expectations for their business class. Totally disappointed. It's the Taipei-Vancouver-Taipei section where they are still flying 747's. The seats in sleep mode were awful. Service was efficient and very business like but the food was awful! Also limited selection post main meal basically crackers. The bathroom was small. What was efficient was the luggage disembarkation. Very fast. Also very annoying was the announcements in three languages. They are frequent in English Mandarin and Taiwanese. Surely on international flights Taiwanese could be omitted to make announcements shorter especially when trying to sleep.