EVA Air

"another excellent experience"

Trip Verified | Houston to Jakarta via Taipei. This trip makes my 16th trip on Eva Air, (Houston/Taipei/Jakarta/Taipei/Houston in the last year and a half. This being my 4th trip to Indonesia, I have become more astute in looking at the available airlines to Jakarta from Houston. While the selection is not huge there are enough to offer some level of competition. The comment is due to the fact that I have been able to find cheaper air fare to Jakarta for this trip, I still opted to fly on Eva Air because I know I will be first class service in Economy. I cannot say enough about the level of excellent service in this airline. The seats, the entertainment selection and the food in economy are just tops. The service from the flight attendants, it is just above and beyond any US airline. The flight to Taipei was on a 777-300 and I selected seat 64G, it was an aisle seat very close to the rear bathroom and allowed me to move about the cabin without having to bother anyone. The seat was comfortable with ample leg room and enough seat recline for me to sleep comfortably for several hours. I also prepaid for the WIFI and was able to use my social media accounts without issue. I was not able to find a power outlet under the seat but the entertainment screen had outlets for power for my iphone and it was charged the entired trip. This was another excellent experience in Eva Air to Asia !!
RouteHouston to Jakarta via Taipei

"a really good journey"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified | Taipei to Los Angeles. It was a really good journey. Flight attendants were very attentive. You got champagne as welcome drink and it was really good. The pajama provided on the long haul flight is very comfortable. I'm still wearing it at home. I had duck breast and it was surprisingly good. I'll totally fly with Eva again.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteTaipei to Los Angeles

"an excellent airline"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Taipei to Chiang Mai. Excellent service on an excellent airline. The staff is incredibly patient and fast. Aircraft is clean and I always have an on-time departure and arrival on EVA. This flight is with a single aisle aircraft but the mid-cabin lavatories make it easier.
RouteTaipei to Chiang Mai
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"needed a ticket before entering"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Denpasar via Taipei. I have been living in Indonesia for the past two years, and have flown in and out of Indonesia every two months because of the temporary visa. I arrived, and to my surprise said I was told I was not allowed on the flight unless I had a ticket flying out of Bali. I have always booked my ticket from within Indonesia and never needed or purchased a ticket before entering. Having done this for the past two years, I was quite surprised and very confused. The staff at Vancouver were extremely rude, one of them even said, "how about instead of telling us how it is, you go and buy a ticket!" I was so shocked at how rude she was. There was no sympathy from these people. I was so angry, but fortunately I kept my cool. I will never fly with them again.
RouteVancouver to Denpasar via Taipei
Date FlownAugust 2018

"really are genuinely friendly"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Taipei to Bangkok. Check-in at a dedicated area, no fast track for security/customs though, but all went very fast. Nice lounge (Infinity), all you need is there. The best part of the flight is the flight attendants, both outbound, and inbound flights, they really are genuinely friendly, going out of their way to make you comfortable. Nice food, wines, and superb service. Many airlines can learn a lot from the way EVA treats their business class passengers!
RouteTaipei to Bangkok

"the crew were lovely"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to Taipei return. A short get away flying with EVA on business after a 3 year break. This airline still got what it takes to earn the 5 star rating from Skytrax! The ticket was sold at a very competitive for J class, and luckily they deployed their nice 777 (with their lovely Royal Laurel Class fully flat bed), return with the solid A330 2x2x2 angle lie flat seat, both are more than sufficient for such a short flight of 90 minutes. The crew were lovely and proactive, a full hot meal with 2 choices were served, a great wine list and drinks available. In Hong Kong they use the newly renovated United airlines lounge. In their home ground Taipei the Infinity lounge, both were wonderful to spend time in. If they do promotions at low seasons, this is very worth considering.
AircraftBoeing 777 / A330
RouteHong Kong to Taipei
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"well trained and professional"

Trip Verified | Chiang Mai to Los Angeles via Taipei. Excellent service and clean aircraft. Check-in is orderly and my flights were on time. EVA is wonderful. The crews on this and all EVA flights are so well trained and professional.
RouteChiang Mai to Los Angeles via Taipei

"Amazing airline"

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Chicago via Taipei. Took care of me the whole trip! Staff is extremely courteous! I felt so good about my choice with EVA AIR. Had a 19 hour layover and they booked me a beautiful hotel with breakfast and arranged transportation. Amazing airline. Very impressed
RouteDenpasar to Chicago via Taipei
Date FlownAugust 2018

"cabin staff did a great job"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Chicago to Manila via Taipei. I arrived at the assigned check-in counter about 45 minutes before it was due to open and I was surprised to see a long line snaking around about 3 lengths long. I couldn't check-in online and I was worried that I couldn't get my desired seat. To my surprise the line moved quite quickly and I was soon up front. The lady at the counter wasn't very polite and seemed to be having a bad day. Luckily I was able to pick up the last window seat which I had wanted. At the boarding gate, we were told that our flight which was due to leave after midnight would be delayed. The group staff kept us constantly informed about the status of our flight. Boarding was done quickly despite the rush of passengers when it commenced. The cabin staff did a great job in serving the passengers needs despite the late departure. The person beside me made quite a few requests during the flight and it was calmly dealt with by the staff. The food I thought was good. A choice of beef or chicken for dinner. While the refreshments served a few hours before landing. The in-flight entertainment had a wide array of programming. Movies from Asia, European and Hollywood. The ear buds given were sufficient but I would have preferred a headset. For whatever reason I could not charge.my phone using their USB Port. I did not bother trying out the Wi-Fi as it was quite expensive. Overall my journey with this airline was a good one highlighted by the good service by the cabin staff.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteChicago to Manila via Taipei
Date FlownJune 2018

"always my first choice"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to San Francisco via Taipei. This is the third time I have flown EVA business class to the US from Thailand in the last year. It just doesn't get any better! I can easily see why they are one of the top five airlines in the world. Everything from check-in, lounge access, in-flight experience, seat comfort, food quality is excellent. The flight attendants are friendly, well trained and make you feel very special during the flight; from making your bed to remembering your choices, incredible service second to none. The individual business class pods (1 x 2 x 1) on the 777's are the best in the industry and I have flown over one million miles. I pre-ordered my dinner selection from an extensive menu. The meal served was on par with any fine restaurant. EVA is always my first choice - highly recommend!
AircraftA330 / B777