Best Cabin Crew

EVA Air

"performance good"

Beijing to Taipei with EVA Air, and the boarding and settling in the cabin was very simple. The flat bed on such a short flight made me feel so comfortable that I wanted to stay for longer. Crew performance was very good. Arriving in TPE without any troubles.
RoutePEK to TPE
Date FlownMarch 2015

"a generous seat pitch"

(China)

Macau to Kaohsiung with EVA Air. We had a 2 hour car ride to Macau, then a bus to the airport. Macau has a tiny airport, with only 1 (I think) runway. We boarded the flight at 7:45pm. Business class seats are similar to domestic US business class seats with individual IFE. The economy seats had no IFE but had a generous seat pitch. There was one food choice and it was delicious.
AircraftA321-200
RouteMFM to KHH
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"recommend to family"

London to Bangkok with EVA Air, and good service. Liked the entertainment, the onboard food and beverage brilliant. Would recommend to family with young kids - my daughter who was 5 years old enjoyed the long flight, onboard lots of children program. But ground service at London Heathrow there are no staff to help you to check in - it's self check in.
RouteLHR to BKK

"an excellent product"

I flew EVA Air for the first time, from Taipei to London via Bangkok based on a friend's recommendation, and they did not disappoint! I found the business class seat very comfortable and well laid out with enough storage options for the business traveller. I found the food to be of excellent quality and service superb. The IFE was also very good with a nice selection of entertainment. If I have one complaint, it's that I found the cabin too warm and it prevented me from getting enough sleep, however I wasn't that tired anyway. All in all, an excellent product and look forward to flying with EVA again!
RouteTPE to LHR via BKK

"service was attentive"

I have flown EVA Air on the London to Bangkok return route for 14 years and watched the airline improve its service year on year. On my recent London to Bangkok return trip, the service was excellent. Cabin attendants displayed a good level of English and the service was attentive without being intrusive. Food service was well presented with a good selection of drinks. The lie flat beds and duvet made for a good night's sleep with the option of pyjamas for extra comfort. The amenity kits are of excellent quality and the IFE system reliable with a good selection of films and music. Both the outbound and inbound flights suffered a short delay on takeoff but the time was made up during the flights. EVA Air use the Air Canada Lounge at T2 at Heathrow which offers a comfortable environment with a fair selection of food, while the newly revamped EVA Air Lounge at Bangkok offers a large comfortable lounge, good selection of food with Internet and showers. Costwise EVA Air offer a very competitive price compared with other airlines on the route with the added advantage of it being non-stop.
RouteBKK to LHR

"a satisfactory journey"

I flew on the 19th January from Amsterdam to Bangkok, my first flight with EVA air. The cabin crew were reasonably friendly, the food was quite good although they were short on the drinks service. I found the seat pitch of 38 inches a bit tight and with the entertainment box under the seat in front. Overall a satisfactory journey.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteAMS to BKK

"excellent customer service"

I'm writing to commend the excellent customer service I received from EVA Air while I was travelling from New York back to Singapore, via transit in Taipei. I missed my flight on the 9 Jan due to unfortunate circumstances, and EVA Air staff was very helpful. EVA Air New York office hotline addressed my questions and was able to check next flight availability on the spot and also informed me to standby at the airport for flight seat confirmation. When I reached JFK Airport on 9 Jan at 8:30pm, staff working at the terminal 1 check-in counter was able to confirm my seat on the next flight out within minutes with no extra charges. The whole process was very smooth and I only had to hand in my passport to confirm my seat. I'm extremely pleased with EVA Air and it is comforting to know that one will be well taken care of in foreign countries in the event of circumstances beyond one's control or expectations. I look forward to flying with EVA Air in future.
RouteJFK to SIN via TPE

"cabins are overheated"

I was disappointed in my recent flights from Toronto to Bangkok return via Taipei, although EVA continues to be superior to North American airlines. Ground service and baggage delivery continues to be excellent. Lounges are ok, but nothing special. EVA seems to have dropped a notch with the quality of food on flights originating in YYZ and BKK being rather poor. TPE catering standards remain good. The inflight service was mediocre and my food/beverage orders were bungled a few times. Leg space for business class seats is rather tight for me and sleeping would benefit from a seat mattress as some airlines provide. The cabins are overheated. The seats, cabins and lavatories were clean and reflect EVA's high standards. I could not hear or understand the announcements from the flight deck. The IFE system screen controls were slow and on one flight unresponsive. Content options were as good as it gets. The improved EVA has a veneer of enhanced quality, but in my opinion is a downgrade. The previous table cloths and napkins were not fancy but took care of spills, whereas on my return flight there was a fair amount of turbulence and resulting spillage and the new linens didn't soak up the liquids like the old ones did.
RouteYYZ to BKK via TPE
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"staff was immensely helpful"

Since I needed a direct flight from Bangkok to Amsterdam, the choice was KLM, Thai or EVA Air - and at the time of booking EVA Air offered the best value. From the moment I checked in to arrival in Amsterdam I cannot fault one thing. Every single member of staff was immensely helpful (and caring about my dog travelling with me). The aircraft interior was modern and spotless, the cabin crew smiling and helpful and the food served was without doubt the best economy class meals I've ever tasted - and generous portions too. IFE had a pretty limited film choice although the screen was quite large and legroom was generous plus only 9 abreast seating on 777. Highly recommended.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteBKK to AMS

"attendants very attentive"

Taipei to San Francisco on EVA Air, which is a great airline. Food is delicious for economy. Ground Handling is fast and checking in only took 5 mins. Flight attendants are very attentive. When I pressed the call button a flight attendant came straight away. The entertainment system did break down 2 times but was fixed swiftly.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER