EVA Air

"crew worked really hard"

Trip Verified | London Heathrow to Taipei return via Bangkok. Overall it’s one of the best business class products I have experienced. Check in service in London and Taipei was great. Very efficient and personal, boarding was quick and smooth. The crew worked really hard to cater for needs of the passengers. They were smiley and worked non stop. They walked around the cabin to ask if any more drink/food is needed. Food and drink very high quality of wines (vintage champagne) and food (you can select online in advance) were provided. The menu, drink list, table cloths were beautifully designed. Amenities: proper duvet, pillow, pyjama and slippers, Rimowa amenity kit and noise cancellation ear phone provided. Seat is herringbone style and very comfortable and has great privacy. Cleanliness: despite not being the brand new airplanes, it was well maintained. Toilets were kept in a good condition Taipei airport – being the home base of EVA, the terminal 2 is over crowded in the departure hall. It was a long queue for security and passport control and there was no designated lane for business class passengers. I used the Infinity lounge at Taipei. It was not very inviting and the selection of drink and food was poor. Very disappointing for a home base lounge. The lounge in Bangkok, on the other way, was very calm and clean. IFE: very limited choice of movie, TV, music. It’s below what other major airlines are offering.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteLondon to Taipei via Bangkok
Date FlownNovember 2017

"have never been so uncomfortable"

Verified Review | Flown with EVA Air on this route (London Heathrow to Bangkok) before and it was OK. But this latest sector was I believe a new aircraft with newly designed flimsy seats. I’m average height and build and I just pity any taller travellers or those carrying a few extra pounds. I have never been so uncomfortable on a flight in my life. The seat base was so hard my legs were literally numb 3 or 4 hours into the flight. We had to ask for extra blankets to provide at least a bearable level of padding and so did other passengers around us. Once the seat in front was reclined you could forget getting anything from the bag under your seat. In preparation for our return flight we have bought inflatable cushions. Inflight entertainment is below average, old films and very little else. Cabin service is also average, food was OK and attendants friendly, but a tiny cup full of wine was offered with dinner with a top up if you could catch the offer as it flew past on the trolley. That we could live with, but I don’t recall any soft drinks being offered through the night although there was a tray of drinks in the galley if you could manage to prise yourself out of your tiny seat which wasn’t ever going to be more than once or twice due to the unavoidable disturbance caused to passengers around you. Having said all this, it was the best price at the time of booking but I will not use this airline again.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Bangkok

"very impressive airline"

Verified Review | Taipei to Toronto. We flew EVA home from Asia in business class and this was the first time we had used them. Our routing was Taipei to Toronto a 13 hours plus flight. The Boeing 777 aircraft looked super clean and fresh. Even during mid flight the galley area where the lavatory was situated was super spotless and tidy. I loved the business class configuration; it is the best I have used so far. Everything was designed to maximize passenger comfort and space. The details of the seat were well thought out with lots of space and shelves to hold your stuff. The seat was the most comfortable I have experienced for sleep - wider and lie flat surface longer than any other so far. The pillow was plush and large and the blanket thick and warm. PJs and a thin mattress also available if desired. I had no trouble sleeping well on our over night flight, despite lots of turbulence. The food service included dinner and a breakfast just before arrival. I chose Chinese style cuisine for both and they were delicious. Food presentation was excellent. EVA paid attention to little details, for example, chopstick and spoon holders were an elegant touch. The young ladies / FA did amazing job. They worked super hard and served with a smile despite same shift for 14 hours. The amenity kit was placed in a Rimowa silver container - very nice. Two lavatories up front, one bigger than the other with wood floors and hand cloth towels to wash our face and paper cups to brush our teeth, again great attention to customer service. All in all very impressive airline and my best flight to date. Wish I can use EVA all the time.
RouteTaipei to Toronto

"service is exceptional"

Verified Review | Singapore to Toronto via Taipei. My husband and I have been flying EVA Air business class for the past few years. The service is exceptional. I have no complaints about the service but the Hindu vegetarian meals offered are awful. I would recommend this airline to my friends and family but hope EVA does something about the food.
RouteSingapore to Toronto via Taipei

"excellent staff service"

Verified Review | Taipei to London via Bangkok with EVA. Excellent staff service, great price. New aircraft and great amenity kits. Flat bed gave me lower back pain - special meal asian vegetarian very average. Very limited collection of good movies. Emirates has set the benchmark. Only 2 hindi movies! - both onward and return flights delayed - average lounges - expensive wifi $24 for 24 hours.
RouteTaipei to London via Bangkok
Date FlownNovember 2017

"it was a pleasant experience"

Verified Review | Houston to Manila with a very tight change in Taipei. Airline is very organized and flight was not a problem. The flight crew was very attentive and when I wasn’t eating wanting to make sure I was happy with the food. In truth, I was exhausted and they gave me extra blankets and pillows to make sure I was comfortable on a 13.5 hour flight from Taipei. While in flight movies are limited and WiFi was spotty, it was a pleasant experience thanks to the flight crew
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteManila to Houston via Taipei
Date FlownNovember 2017

"lack of customer service"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Flew Los Angeles to Bangkok via Taipei. I like EVA Air. But, lately after using this airline for 12 years, at least twice per year for trips from Bangkok to Los Angeles and back, they are becoming fabulously stingy with their perks. I used to have gold status, and that was no problem. I occasionally drop down to silver status. Up until now, I have had access to all of the lounges, for the past 12 years. Now, at LAX, they no longer allow access to the lounge. Their excuse is that they do not own the lounge. Well, in reality, they could still allow access. For a fee, or for free, by paying the fee the lounge charges partner airlines. Right? Cheap? yes, one could call it that. Also, they are very fussy with the weight of the carry on bags. All in all, they are a very good airline. But, this lack of customer service is annoying, and they sure know how to make a very good and loyal customer feel unimportant. Flyer beware?
RouteLos Angeles to Bangkok via Taipei
Date FlownNovember 2017

"departure time was delayed"

Verified Review | This is the first time we flew EVA Air from Singapore to Taipei (return). Good expectation as I have read many good reviews about them. Pros: cabin service is generally good. Excellent safety record and great pilot skill on landing. Cons: On both flights, the departure time was delayed. Food was awful - I did not finish the noodles. Online movies very limited. on return trip, the AC was too cold.
RouteSingapore to Taipei
Date FlownOctober 2017

"experience was a fantastic one"

Verified Review | My experience with EVA Air was a fantastic one. I had not heard of the airlines before but it had the quickest route from Seattle to Bangkok and back from Singapore to Seattle, both via Taipei. The ticket price was very reasonable too. The seats for economy were comfortable and wider than some airlines I have travelled with and had a reasonable recline. The food was alright on my flight from Seattle to Bangkok. I had ordered vegetarian food. It was not great but edible. On my way back from Singapore to Seattle I had ordered vegetarian oriental meal which, for me, was not edible. The air stewardesses were very polite and went out of their way when my entertainment system did not work. They moved me to Elite class to fix the issue. The inflight entertainment system was alright. The movies were not many but I still enjoyed watching them. Overall my experience with the airline was great and I would recommend it.
RouteSeattle to Bangkok via Taipei
Date FlownOctober 2017

"excellent crew and service"

Verified Review | Taipei to Chicago. Excellent in every way except for their airport lounges. Compared with business class on Lufthansa (recently BOS-MUC), Swiss (BOS-ZRH), UA (EWR-MUC), this is a new standard. Comfortable aircraft, excellent crew and service, superb food quality and presentation. The lounge at ORD is contracted with KLM/Delta, nothing to be proud of. The business lounge in Taipei: as if somebody tried to recreate a scifi ambiance from a 1960's movie, weird and not too inviting. Plenty of space but probably designed by computers, with no consideration for coziness or ambiance , not to mention comfort. Lufthansa Senator or HON lounge in Munich or KLM in Amsterdam, those are pretty high up on my list.
RouteTaipei to Chicago