EVA Air

"deserves a 5 star airline

(China)

Trip Verified | EVA air is very competitive for the route from Hong Kong to Taipei. I choose EVA is mainly because I want to experience it. The ground service in Hong Kong and infight service are very great. All in all , it deserves a 5 star airline.
RouteHong Kong to Taipei
Date FlownJune 2017

"crew is courteous and helpful"

Trip Verified | New York JFK to Manila via Taipei. The airline crew is courteous and helpful. Food is delicious and in flight entertainment is good. But seats are uncomfortable, space is narrow. Good value of money and the only airline that provide free shuttle to their passengers which is great help. I will definitely fly with Eva Air again. One thing that I'm not satisfied is that the employee in Manila gave me different seat from Manila to Taipei while I pay window seat for my flight which I didn't notice when he gave me my boarding pass because I'm confident that since I pay for seat selection they will gave me the reserved seat that I choose when I purchased my ticket.
RouteNew York JFK to Manila via Taipei
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"has one of the best service!"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to Toronto via Taipei. EVA Air has one of the best service! They are ready to help for whatever related problem you have. The staff may not have the best knowledge but they will find out whatever it is needed for the passenger. Had a 15hour flight delay from my flight back to HK from NY. There are no extras given to passengers but they make food vouchers available when needed. There is never a need to argue, they are already doing the best they can before you even ask.
RouteHong Kong to Toronto via Taipei

"friendly cabin crew"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Paris to Bangkok via Taipei. Good comfy seats in economy, on the way up to Bangkok had the pleasure of having a Hello Kitty plane, friendly cabin crew, food good. The entertainment system could be upgraded lots of old film and music not realy up to date. Otherwise good airline keep in mind Taipei airport is a busy airport if you don't have lot of time go quickly trough boarding gates again.
RouteParis to Bangkok via Taipei
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"got my money's worth and more"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Brisbane via Taipei. The flight from Toronto to Taipei was 15h 45m in the air, but I wasn't uncomfortable at all. I'm not excessively tall (180cm), but big enough that I fill in the seat and can use every bit of legroom I can get. On this particular flight, legroom was not an issue for me at all and even the width of the seat was plenty for me. Being a new plane we had the wide(r) touch-screen entertainment system and the selection of movies and television shows was adequate. Even tried out a couple of the games and they were entertaining enough to pass some time. Food was hit-and-miss. On the flight to Toronto they served a pesto chicken pasta that was actually really delicious. Other meals were good or just okay. There was always something on the tray to my liking though. Service was good as well, no issues to report. The best part is that I was comfortable enough to sleep the majority of the 15+ hour flight. Comparatively, the next leg was on a much older plane (also EVA) and the comfort of the seats and the age of the entertainment system certainly fell compared to the flight prior. EVA was the cheapest option I could find for the busiest time of the year and I got my money's worth and more. I will definitely look at them first for my next trip. All rating selections are for my cumulative 4 flights from BNE to YYZ and return.
AircraftBoeing 777-300R
RouteToronto to Brisbane via Taipei
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"was not disappointed, in the least"

Trip Verified | This was the second flight segment for my return trip to Vancouver. The shorter BKK to TPE flight was flawless and I was eager to see how the longer, 10 hour, flight would play out. I was not disappointed, in the least! I've never encountered such kind and engaged flight crew members. The boarding process was calm and organized and I was met with a genuine smile at each point. I was shown to my Royal Laurel seat which offered great privacy and comfort. Soon (after the glass of Veuve Clicquot champagne and hot towel on a tray), I was presented with comfortable pajamas, slippers, and a hard shell Rimowa amenity kit. Food and beverage choices were ample and very well presented. My only suggestion would be to expand the IFE range of selections. The highlight for me, however, comes back to the absolutely wonderful cabin crew. The five star rating is truly well deserved!
RouteTaipei to Vancouver
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"Smiling and attentive crew members"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | First time flying on EVA Air. Flew Kuala Lumpur to Los Angeles via Taipei. Both the B777 and A330 aircrafts were impressive. Clean and comfortable. Connection was seamless in Taipei. Smiling and attentive crew members. Food choices could be improved (eg chicken/beef & chicken/pork combos instead of beef/pork combo). Overall, it was a pleasant journey altogether.
AircraftBoeing 777 & A330
RouteKuala Lumpur to Los Angeles via Taipei
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"seats narrow and uncomfortable"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Kuala Lumpur via Taipei. Their new slimline seats in the Boeing 777 are very narrow and uncomfortable in the row where you can attach a bassinet. Your shoulders and arms will hurt unless you raise the arm rest. They also screwed up and didn't get my wife's seafood meal on one of the legs of the flight. Other than that, pretty good overall.
AircraftBoeing 777ER / A330
RouteSan Francisco to Kuala Lumpur via Taipei
Date FlownNovember 2017

"best economy experience"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Taipei. So far this is the best economy experience on an airline. Paying a bit more for the elite or premium class was definitely worth the $400 extra for the modern seating with noticeable improvements in width, legroom and recline (including a footrest) They also made sure it was a special cabin with check-in, boarding, screen dividers, amenity kits, bottled water, etc.Touchscreens that can be moved to accommodate the recline of the seat in front of you were perfect (but selection to watch was terrible) and staff was the friendliest and most professional for economy. Staff spoke perfect English and came around frequently with service items to ensure comfort including allowing passengers to take 2 snacks, etc. When my neighbor started crying from ear pain on the descent, staff were caring and helpful. Much appreciated was staff also keeping passengers in line-like telling them to sit down when we are 10 minutes from landing! Only downside was the food-main dishes were unappetizing, but I could at least eat the fresh fruit which was ripe, the roll and fresh vegetables.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteSan Francisco to Taipei
Date FlownDecember 2017

"Service flawless"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Taipei. Excellent, a true 5-star airline. Service flawless, the cabin was clean and food was awesome. I've flown EVA Air just twice. This time it's a LAX-TPE round trip in its Boeing 777 business class. The seat is a 1-2-1 herringbone configuration that provides individual isle access with good privacy. The food tasted fresh, presentation was great. After a nice sleep, I got hungry in midflight, so I asked for some instant noodle. I was expecting it in a Styrofoam cup or bowl. On the return trip, in midflight I asked for some snacks and coffee. Again it was just wonderful Once the meal service was over and the lights went off, little twinkle stars show up on the ceiling. It's a nice touch. My only complaint is the monitor 15.6" size is smaller compared to some airlines. I didn't watch too many movies because I had nice sleep in both trips.
RouteLos Angeles to Taipei