EVA Air

"Great airline experience"

Verified Review | New York to Bangkok via Taipei. Great airline experience. The economy seats were a good size in the 3-3-3 configuration on a Boeing 777 with good entertainment options on the IFE unit. Food was solid and the staff was great. Would fly again; top choice for heading to most Asian countries via Taiwan.
RouteNew York to Bangkok via Taipei
Date FlownOctober 2016

"went above and beyond"

Verified Review | Ho Chi Minh to Seattle via Taipei. This ground crew went above and beyond to help me in Ho Chi Minh City. My hopper flight was delayed due to thunderstorms and tardiness. I called the ticket counter from Nha Trang, VN and they checked me in and let me know I could still board if within 40 minutes of my flight. My flight (another airline) landed at 0102. We were scheduled to leave at 0150. When I ran up to the ticket counter, I had already been checked in and tickets printed and waiting for me. I had ditched my bag just to make my international flight. They offered to retrieve it out of the domestic terminal. They were very kind and went way above and beyond what was ever expected of them. It was because of the ground crew staff in Ho Chi Minh city that I made my flight with bag in hand that I never dreamed of making. Thank you ground staff.
RouteHo Chi Minh to Seattle via Taipei
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"plenty of legroom"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Taipei to Hong Kong. The plane is quite new. Although the seat looks thin, it is actually quite comfortable. There are plenty of legroom as well. No personal IFE, no socket but this only a 90 minutes flight. The meal was a sandwich that feels very cheap. The crew is quite friendly and blanket is available upon request.
RouteTaipei to Hong Kong

"seat is very spacious"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Taipei. The A321 is a quite a new aircraft. The economy class seat is very spacious, much more spacious then expected, plenty of legroom. The seat is thin but comfortable. The only drawback is lacking of IFE. The only entertainment is a small monitor showing an unknown television programme, but the journey is only around 90 minutes long, so the lack of IFE is not a problem. Meal is included but is very simple, just a small pack of biscuit and a cold pie. It is not attractive at all. Note that this flight parks at a remote slot, so you need to take a bus to get on board, not great.
RouteHong Kong to Taipei
Date FlownAugust 2017

"flight was very comfortable"

Verified Review | I was on vacation and flew back to Toronto with EVA, the service at SGN was great. Onboard the SGN-TPE flight was very comfortable and the IFE was excellent, although I wish they had more K-Pop selections. The lavatories were very clean and the flight attendants were very kind. Connecting to Toronto in Taipei was very easy, connecting was just a few steps away from the gate. The TPE-YYZ flight was as comfortable as the first, and sleeping in economy on EVA is quite fine. The food on both flights was excellent. Overall, flying with EVA is great. I often fly EVA Air when going to SGN because the fares are cheap and the service is excellent.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Toronto via Taipei

"service was very good"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | This was my first time flying with EVA flying from New York JFK to Hong Kong via Taipei. Everyone whom I asked about EVA had good things to say about it. Its service was very good. Its meals ranged from good to mediocre. (The mediocre meal was served on the Taipei-Hong Kong leg that lasted under two hours, so one could say that a complimentary meal on a short haul flight was better than nothing or even generous). IFE on the New York-Taipei leg was adequate, although I'd have liked to see more recent movies. My seat, however, could have been less uncomfortable had it been able to recline more.
AircraftBoeing 777 and A330
RouteNew York JFK to Hong Kong via Taipei

"first-class quality experience"

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Los Angeles via Taipei. The cabin crew members on both segments were very attentive and funny. The seat was very comfortable, especially when turn-down service was provided and an additional cushion was applied to the seat itself. The catering experience was an excellent one. I booked special meal for my TPE-LAX segment and the taste of it was awesome. Despite the fact that EVA Air indicates that Royal Laurel Class is a business class product. The overall experience was a first-class quality experience.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteHong Kong to Los Angeles via Taipei

"wifi was very slow"

Verified Review | Vancouver to Ho Chi Minh City via Taipei. I found the leg room in Economy class more cramped than the other long distance carriers that we have flown. The Vancouver to Taipei return legs were both overnight and we got served twice with meals (which were at least 7 hours apart), no snacks or beverages in between. My daughter missed her first meal and when she woke up all they could offer were crackers. I noticed that most of the raving reviews are from business class or at least elite economy. I guess you will have to pay more to get the better service. Also paid $11 USD for one hour of wifi because I needed to send an urgent email and the wifi was very slow.
RouteVancouver to Ho Chi Minh City via Taipei

"everything was impeccable"

Verified Review | My mom and I recently flew from Taipei to Los Angeles with EVA Air, on Tuesday, August 15th 2017. Flight BR12. Boarding at 19:20. During this flight, everything was impeccable, food was delicious, and the flight attendants were very friendly. However, the one thing that stuck out to me the most was, while my mom and I were going through security, she accidentally left her camera bag at security, and did not realize she left it until we were boarding the plane. We decided to go back to the restaurant we ate at, to see if it was there, and it wasn't. So, we decided to just leave the bag and board our plane, since we were already late. While sprinting to our gate to make it in time, she asked some flight attendants to see if they could help her find it and deliver it to LA, where we would land. And they called back to security, and helped us track our bag, and even had the plane wait 7 minutes. Thank you for helping us track our bag, and for being extremely patient with us.
RouteTaipei to Los Angeles
Date FlownAugust 2017

"probably the best Asian airline"

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Vienna return via Taipei in June 2017. EVA Air is probably the best Asian airline I've ever flown. Their ground service in Hong Kong and Vienna were impeccable. It was no hassle to check-in my slightly overweight backpack from Vienna to Taipei (I had a one day layover) instead of tagging it all the way to Hong Kong. Also, they know how to handle delays well - my outbound flight from Hong Kong to Taipei was delayed due to bad weather but the EVA Air staff were able to handle the situation by providing refreshments before boarding. Service on board is probably on par with that of a 5-star restaurant or hotel on the ground. No complaints, lots of smiles on the faces of the crew, great attention and care, and a very friendly attitude to the passengers. The food on board all my flights was delicious and I really appreciate their regular hot coffee/tea service on the long-haul sectors of my ticket. Decent movie selection on board as well, and the seats on the 777s were really comfortable for the transcontinental flights. If you're hungry, you can grab a snack from the counter at galleys or ask the cabin crew for help. WiFi was a bit expensive though so I didn't purchase any of their plans. All in all EVA Air was definitely great value for money considering the price I paid for my ticket. Can't wait to fly them again soon!
RouteHong Kong to Vienna via Taipei