EVA Air

Review by (Indonesia)

Together with many others, we got caught up in the delays caused by Typhoon Soudelor. To their credit, EVA air staff at both SeaTac International and Taoyuan Inernational Airports handled the situation in a calm, organised and polite way. Taoyuan was a bit more chaotic, due to the many flights having to be rescheduled, and the transporting of all the passengers to various hotels. Hats off to EVA for the professional handling of this situation.
RouteSeattle to Jakarta via TPE

Review by (United States)

First leg from SIN the flight was overbooked. The plus side for that was that meant I would be bumped up to J. Food was good and the seat was a lie flat. The only down side was the IFE. the selection wasn't very good and was sluggish to operate. From TPE to JFK, the flight was full but I stayed in Y+. The seat was very well padded and the IFE was more responsive. The legroom was great, though I didn't need a footrest. Also, The food could have been better.
RouteSIN to JFK via TPE

Review by (United States)

I flew round trip from New York to Manila via Taipei with my wife and 1 year-old son. EVA Air is one of the better trans-continental airlines to Asia. I think the service was better than I expected and seats in the economy class were comfortable. The media (movie and music) selection was fairly decent with new releases as well as classics. Although I wished they had more new releases to choose from. The food served included western and Chinese meals. So I had choices of what I wanted to eat on each leg of the trip. Every seat had a usb port which came in real handy to charge my iPhone. Since we had a 1 year-old toddler, we requested a bassinet at check-in, they had no problem finding one for us. Also, my wife and I bought our tickets separately, the EVA Air representative at the counter made sure to put my wife and I together. The ground crew were nice, they made sure the baby stroller was wrapped in a bag prior to boarding the flight. All in all, I was happy with the performance of this airline.
RouteJFK to MNL via TPE

Review by (Taiwan)

I hold Sky Team and Star Alliance gold cards. According to my little research, EVA is the least upgrading airline I have taken. During my 90 flights I took with EVA during past 3 years I was upgraded once. I don’t see the reason of being loyal with EVA, as its loyalty program doesn’t work.
RouteJFK to TPE

EVA Air customer review

Review by (United Kingdom)

Our flight with EVA Air was very good. The flight to Bangkok was long and the service was good. The staff were helpful, the service good and the food was better than we expected. On our return flight from Bangkok, I had injured my leg the day before. The staff at check in were so helpful, making sure I had a wheelchair right up to boarding. On the flight, they made sure I was ok, the food, drinks and in flight entertaintment had a great selection. I would fly with EVA Air.
RouteHeathrow to Bangkok

Review by (Netherlands)

Very good flight in Royal Laurel Class, EVA Air's Business Class product, with a herringbone 1-2-1 setup from Amsterdam to Bangkok. The excellent service started with the superb app and website, which you can use to check-in, add your ticket to the Passbook app, select your seat and meal from a large range of options and keep updated about flight changes. The gate changed, but the flight was on time. I was greeted by a friendly and professional cabin crew who provided sufficient and tasty food and beverages as well as hot towels, ear plugs, pyjamas and a nice EVA Air amenity kit from Rimowa and kept the cabin spot clean. The seat was comfortable with enough leg room and turned into a fully flat bed, it was also large enough to fit my long legs. I had a hard time sleeping because of some turbulence, but the artificial sky helped me get some good rest either way. The only thing that lacked on this flight was a WiFi connection that EVA Air has on some of their 777-300ERs but the Star Gallery, with a large selection of recent Western and Asian films and music, kept me entertained throughout the whole flight.
RouteAmsterdam to Bangkok

Review by (Thailand)

EVA Air is the most economical business class fare on Star Alliance flight between BKK to LAX. Excellent EVA Air lounge in BKK with good selection of hot and cold foods. Flight departed on time. Champagne on board free flow. No wifi between BKK-TPE but excellent wifi speed between TPE to LAX. Ordered vegetarian oriental and was really tasty. Lounge in TPE is quite crowded and the food is not as good as in BKK although they do offer Haagen Dazs ice cream. Inflight service is by name and attentive. Cabin crew are pleasant and quite strict in enforcement of inflight safety measures. Love the Harn amenities in the bathroom with facial mist. Rimowa amenity bag is legendary 180 degrees flat bed is remarkable. I wish the TV monitor was not put back to its back seat position during take off/landing as I miss out the last chunk of the movie. Highly recommend EVA Air.
RouteBKK to LAX via TPE

Review by (Australia)

I was unsure of what to expect with EVA Air, however I was greatly surprised. The lounge has a brand new feel to it, not just in equipment but also in design. It's very modern, with some intense lighting. It's very comfortable, food was fresh and the massage chairs were brilliant. The flight, 12 hours of Business Class bliss. The seating arrangement was one that offered space and comfort, the LCD Screen was HD and had a great range. The staff were friendly, attentive and polite. The food was very tasty, the alcohol (I had red wine and water only) was a brilliant drop from Australia.
RouteBKK to LHR

Review by (United States)

Good ground service. Efficient boarding. Only disappointment is that the fare was Premium Economy, but CGK to TPE leg was standard Economy. Inflight service was about the same as other premium Asian airlines. Food selection and taste was okay, movie selection was typical near new movies and a few classics, with screen size was about the same as competitors. A big plus was noise canceling headsets on the TPE-LAX segment. Seat for Economy was good, for Premium Economy felt a bit uncomfortable - despite more leg and thigh room, when reclined, our legs are hung at the calf. A foot rest would be a good addition. Amenities was ok - you get your toothbrush set, comb, and slippers. You can ask for eye covers, ear plugs and other amenities. Blankets made with quality material. Toilets cleaned regularly and the amenities are complete: soap, air freshner, eau de toilette, lotion - refreshing citrus aroma.
AircraftA330-200 / Boeing 777-300ER
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteCGK to LAX via TPE
Date FlownJune 2015

Review by (Taiwan)

The cabin service was very good. We had a baby with us and they gave us a seat with larger legroom. The on-board meal was good including the baby food. I will fly them again.
RouteTPE to HKG