Top 100 Airlines

EVA Air

"were left disappointed"

Verified Review | I recently travelled on EVA Air flight BR0106 'Hello Kitty Jet' between Taipei and Fukuoka. I have been looking forward to travelling on the Hello Kitty Jet for around four years and finally got the chance to board on 14th April 2016 at 08:10am along with my partner. Upon arrival at the airport, we were handed our boarding passes and my excitement began. Walking to the gate, we thought it was strange that the standard green EVA Air plane was waiting to be boarded, and not the Hello Kitty 'Love Apples' Jet as advertised. I made a query with two EVA Air staff members who informed me that the interior of the plane was Hello Kitty but the exterior was not, as they told me 'the airline choose to switch the jets sometimes'. As you can imagine, we were left disappointed and cheated as we had paid a lot of money to get the full Hello Kitty experience. There are many other airlines that travel this route that are much cheaper at much more convenient times. However, we had booked the Hello Kitty Jet specifically. Boarding the plane, we also noticed that the Hello Kitty interior was very limited and not what is advertised online that we had booked and expected to find. We merely experienced a pillow, seat cover, cutlery and a pack of playing cards. On the Hello Kitty Jet website, there is much more Hello Kitty branded interior advertised. If we had known the jet wouldn't be the same as advertised online then we wouldn't have booked it, due to the high price.
RouteTPE to FUK
Date FlownApril 2016

"cabin staff were quite superb"

Verified Review | Seat 5A in Royal Laurel Class with EVA Air flying from Bangkok to London Heathrow. The new lounge at BKK is excellent and it was not too long a walk to Gate D6 for the flight which was 20 mins late. Pushed back promptly at the revised time and was airborne around 40 mins behind scheduled departure time. I had booked my lunch online where there is a decent and wider selection of options and this worked well. I was asleep when service started but I was left to snooze but after stirring was approached and asked if I now wanted to dine. The cabin staff were quite superb throughout the flight, SQ levels. I struggle to find a better carrier on the LHR-BKK sector.
Date FlownApril 2016

"customer support is poor"

We travelled from Bangkok to Heathrow with EVA Air. We took off about an hour late - not great, but we've had worse. We found we had no inflight entertainment in our block of 3 seats. I ended up sitting in darkness for pretty much the whole trip as we had to draw the shutters shortly after taking off - in the middle of the afternoon. We were told to do this by one of the stewardess. The cabin crew did their best by trying to reset the inflight system but they had no success, but it was a long way to travel without entertainment. After getting back to the UK, I reported the problem to EVA and my wife and I were offered $50 compensation each, together with a form to sign. I appreciate EVA has no legal requirement to compensate us for such a dreadful service but their compensation offer was in the wrong currency for us - we use sterling and it was in the form of EVA tokens with a deadline of 1 year from issue. So it wasn't compensation at all. It was an offer to fly with EVA again in the next year for about £30 each less than we would otherwise have to pay - or nothing - so we rejected it. Their customer support is poor.
Date FlownMarch 2016

"a great flight experience"

Verified Review | Taipei to Istanbul with EVA Air. Check vin at TPE was a breeze. The checkin staff were welcoming, I was very promptly checked in and explained where the lounge is. The crew greeted me onboard and showed me to my seat, assisting with my luggage and stowing it away for me. I was offered a welcome drink, newspapers, pajama set, amenity kit, a beautiful and cute little Rimowa kit with Harnn toiletries, toothbrush and socks. There were also very comfortable slippers. The Business cabin is a 1-2-1 layout, and offers a fully lie-flat bed with great privacy and lots of personal space. There is a large touch-screen AVOD, noise-canceling headphones with hours of movies and audio selection. Shortly after take off came the hors-d'oeuvres, accompanied with a glass of Krug Grandcuvee (Eva is famous for offering good quality bubbly in Business Class). The beefnoodle soup with accompanying condiments, vegetables and scallop was exquisite, and a taste of Taiwan. Bottles of water were offered and left next to the galley. Also available throughout the flight were assorted fruits, snacks (biscuits, chocolates, nuts and dried fruits! I had a great sleep, the crew had told me about the possibility of making a bed if I wanted to sleep, but I did not do this. Shortly after I woke up, a flight attendant asked if I wanted a snack. I ordered a burger, which came with potato wedges. Breakfast was a full meal, and I had ordered traditional Taiwanese congee with a variety of side dishes. I also recommend their selection of Taiwanese oolong and teas. The washroom was very clean. The toiletries are Harnn. The crew were welcoming, warm and paid attention to detail. The only downside is that there is no wifi, but these appear to be gradually introduced into the long-haul fleet of Eva Air. Otherwise, a great flight experience by an attentive cabin crew, and a very smooth landing at my destination.
RouteTPE to IST
Date FlownApril 2016

"quality of service has dropped"

I've been a loyal EVA customer for about 5 years, travelling approx three times a year to Thailand from London in both economy and premium. Prices are good and the flight times are perfect on each leg. I'd still recommend EVA but feel the quality of service has dropped. The planes on this route are starting to look a little tired inside. Films and music could be better. The food is never great on EVA and you are made to feel like you are begging for alcoholic beverages. The main issue tho is the quality of some passengers, maybe down to recent competitive prices. Noisy and rude, talking all night and opening blinds during sleep hours. The stewardesses for some reason will never ask these disruptive passengers to be quiet or close the blinds, so we all suffer light in the cabin/lack of sleep. So I'm back on Thai Airways on the Monday nightflight for the first time in 5 years, let's see how they compare.
Date FlownMarch 2016

"service was with a smile"

Verified Review | Ground service was fine before the flight - I asked if it were possible for a seat change from middle to aisle and they were willing to help me do that. In the air service was with a smile and the flight attendants actually listen when you have a request. Flying out from LAX to TPE, the cabin was warm and on the return, this flight from TPE to LAX, was still too warm for my liking during the flight, just a few degrees lower would be great. The premium economy seats make the 12-15 hour flight a much better experience, there is room to move and power outlets at the seats. The big difference from economy to premium are the larger seats with more legroom, a small amenity kit, bottled water, a menu with more choices than economy, and earlier boarding time. One area EVA can improve is the meals/menu. I am not expecting 5 star cuisine, but there is room to grow in meal taste and variety. That said, I do not hesitate to recommend EVA to anyone flying from USA to Taiwan and we will fly them again.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteTPE to LAX
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"fantastic service again"

Verified Review | London Heathrow to Bangkok with EVA Air, and fantastic service again. Been flying with EVA for a while now mainly due to British Airways and Thai having the midnight flight back to LHR, and they always impress. Business class service is excellent as is the cabin design. The crew must be the hardest working in the industry. Airlines such as British Airways and Virgin could learn a thing or two from this airline.
RouteLHR to BKK

"an outstanding airline"

Bangkok to Amsterdam. This was my fist time flying with EVA Air and I was immensely impressed with the whole experience. The herringbone seat layout of the business class cabin was very comfy and spacious, food and drinks were wonderful and beautifully presented. The cabin crew were friendly and gracious and announcements from the flight deck concise and understandable. An outstanding airline and very highly recommended.
RouteBKK to AMS
Date FlownMarch 2016

"one of the best airlines"

Seattle to Singapore via Taipei, and EVA Air is one of the best airlines I've flown with, seats were wide and comfortable, cabin crew was helpful and professional, ground staff was helpful. . Lounge was nothing much in SEA but it was fabulous at Taipei! Food was great and flights were on time.
RouteSEA to SIN via TPE
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"food and service excellent"

We flew Eva Air from London Heathrow to Bangkok and return in Laurel First. We thought this one of the best flights we have taken, we have flown this route many times with another carrier. We found the food and service excellent. Lounge at Heathrow very disappointing but the lounge in Bangkok was very good. Seating very good, liked the layout. Entertainment good with fair sized TVs. Every comfort with pyjamas and duvets. On time both ways, definitely recommend.
Cabin FlownFirst Class