EVA Air

"Amazing airline"

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Chicago via Taipei. Took care of me the whole trip! Staff is extremely courteous! I felt so good about my choice with EVA AIR. Had a 19 hour layover and they booked me a beautiful hotel with breakfast and arranged transportation. Amazing airline. Very impressed
RouteDenpasar to Chicago via Taipei
Date FlownAugust 2018

"cabin staff did a great job"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Chicago to Manila via Taipei. I arrived at the assigned check-in counter about 45 minutes before it was due to open and I was surprised to see a long line snaking around about 3 lengths long. I couldn't check-in online and I was worried that I couldn't get my desired seat. To my surprise the line moved quite quickly and I was soon up front. The lady at the counter wasn't very polite and seemed to be having a bad day. Luckily I was able to pick up the last window seat which I had wanted. At the boarding gate, we were told that our flight which was due to leave after midnight would be delayed. The group staff kept us constantly informed about the status of our flight. Boarding was done quickly despite the rush of passengers when it commenced. The cabin staff did a great job in serving the passengers needs despite the late departure. The person beside me made quite a few requests during the flight and it was calmly dealt with by the staff. The food I thought was good. A choice of beef or chicken for dinner. While the refreshments served a few hours before landing. The in-flight entertainment had a wide array of programming. Movies from Asia, European and Hollywood. The ear buds given were sufficient but I would have preferred a headset. For whatever reason I could not charge.my phone using their USB Port. I did not bother trying out the Wi-Fi as it was quite expensive. Overall my journey with this airline was a good one highlighted by the good service by the cabin staff.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteChicago to Manila via Taipei
Date FlownJune 2018

"always my first choice"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to San Francisco via Taipei. This is the third time I have flown EVA business class to the US from Thailand in the last year. It just doesn't get any better! I can easily see why they are one of the top five airlines in the world. Everything from check-in, lounge access, in-flight experience, seat comfort, food quality is excellent. The flight attendants are friendly, well trained and make you feel very special during the flight; from making your bed to remembering your choices, incredible service second to none. The individual business class pods (1 x 2 x 1) on the 777's are the best in the industry and I have flown over one million miles. I pre-ordered my dinner selection from an extensive menu. The meal served was on par with any fine restaurant. EVA is always my first choice - highly recommend!
AircraftA330 / B777
RouteBangkok to San Francisco via Taipei

"a pleasant surprise"

Trip Verified | Seattle to Bangkok via Taipei. We have travelled to Asia every year with various carriers. For the first time after 7-8 year, we flew EVA to Asia this summer. It was a pleasant surprise and we had a much nicer experience from checkin to luggage pickup. To start, the online checkin was without glitches. We were able to find information we needed, for example the number of luggage and the maximum weight of each piece. Checkin was efficient. Ground personnel at both SeaTac and Bangkok was pleasant and professional. We got enough time to use EVA lounge at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport and were very impressed with the food & drinks. We were able to relax and catch up on the last minute things we had to do before flying out - thanks to the free wi-fi in the lounge! Onboard, we were impressed with the creative safety video which gives a creative touch to the same old content. Although the food was nothing to write home about, we did find the service exceptional. The cabin crew were helpful, friendly and professional. What we particularly like was the fact that they kept the washrooms clean throughout the long flight. We loved the inflight entertainment and the relatively bigger screen monitor although I personally missed the handheld controller which could make playing games much easier than touchscreen. Both ways, our flights were on time. This is very important especially when our flight is 10-12 hours long. The only downside we found was that the seats in our flights from/to North American are narrow and cramped, although we think EVA has bigger leg room than most carriers we had flown to Asia. We are thinking of flying EVA every time from now on and, for extra comfort, in premium economy!
RouteSeattle to Bangkok via Taipei
Date FlownJuly 2018

"Overall a pleasant flight"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Manila via Taipei. Check-in from lax was a breeze as well as my transit through Taipei. I ordered the seafood meal in advance which was a little disappointing though since I felt like the food that I had all throughout the flight were just the same food with somewhat of little variation in sauces. I also like that they place snacks and drinks in the galleys so passengers can just get some in the middle of the flight if they get hungry. I do wish though that they did have a more filling mid-flight snack like sandwiches or what-not. Inflight entertainment was good although not excellent, wishing to have more choices in movies. Flight attendants are courteous but could be better. Overall a pleasant flight!
RouteLos Angeles to Manila via Taipei
Date FlownJune 2018

"cabin crew was excellent"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Manila via Taipei. The check-in counter at SFO was quite rude, maybe because of misunderstanding during the seat assignment. While it was me who asked her to change seat to window side instead of an aisle seat, she insisted that she assigned us to aisle and middle seat because the window seat is vacant anyway. Instead of answering to me directly, she talked and gave her explanation to my companion instead. The cabin crew service was excellent as they were quick to respond and provide drinks and snacks when I needed these because I could not sleep throughout the flight and was just doing my paperworks and watching movies.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteSan Francisco to Manila via Taipei

"courteous and friendly"

Not Verified | Toronto to Bali via Taipei. Staff are efficient, courteous, and friendly. All spoke English. Food was amazing - we had breakfast lunch and dinner with a full menu. Seats were amazing. Strongly recommend.
RouteToronto to Bali via Taipei

"abysmal catering"

Trip Verified | Cabin crew superb are let down by abysmal catering. Row 27 seats don't recline as much as others. No mention at time of booking. These seats are near toilets but problem is compounded by the acceptance of Economy class passengers being allowed into Premium economy cabin to use.
RouteBangkok to London
Date FlownJuly 2018

"Staff was really friendly "

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Kinmen to Taipei Songshan. Domestic flight of Eva Air is operated by its subsidiary UNI air. This was a very short flight but the journey was seamless. Drinks was served and the cabin was really clean and tidy. Staff was really friendly and tidily dressed. The ticket price was slightly higher than other competitors, but you can really feel the differences. Surely will take their flights again.
RouteKinmen to Taipei Songshan
Date FlownMay 2018

"top-notch service"

Trip Verified | Taipei to Vancouver on May 31, 2018. During the 10-hour flight, EVA cabin crew offered top-notch service that has made EVA AIR synonymous with customer satisfaction. For over 20 years, EVA AIR has been my only choice of airlines when travelling between Canada and Taiwan. As I always say, I have found the best airline, why bother with the rest? On May 31, 2018, EVA AIR did it again, proving one more time that a happy customer is indeed a repeat and loyal customer.
RouteTaipei to Vancouver