Vote Now

EVA Air

"food was excellent"

Verified Review | New York JFK to Taipei with EVA Air. A great experience for me. Food was excellent, seats are wide, comfortable enough to stretch my legs, FA is very friendly and very attentive, English speaking. Cocktail drink was excellent. Toilet is very clean. I will fly to this airline again. Always on time.
RouteNew York JFK to Manila via Taipei
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"more spacious than average Economy class"

(Japan)

Verified Review | Bangkok to London Heathrow. EVA Air is undoubtedly an efficient and well run operation, with pleasant staff at the check-in at BKK through to a tad less pleasant flight attendants. Leg room and seats were more spacious than the average Economy class, though it does look a bit dated. Food was disappointing, though not especially bad. The selection of movies was very mediocre for long haul. Despite everything being perfectly reasonable about the flight, it was one of those horrible flying experiences that left me grasping for sanity. Not really the flight attendants fault, but some particularly poor parenting to the rear of me, saw a toddler terrorize the entire flight by screaming and/or running around the cabin. This was book ended by a newly born infant adding to the cacophony at the front. It really is time to have the option that some airlines offer for long haul, such as Malaysia Airlines, of child free zones, or at very least some kind of quiet zone (or even a family only zone).
RouteBangkok to London
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"found the airline extremely caring"

Verified Review | Manila to San Francisco via Taipei. This is the second time I have flown EVA Air from the US to Manila and back. As a disabled passenger I found the airline to be extremely caring in their handling of my needs from checkin to deplane. The flight crew were all very helpful in my care during the flight and the aircraft was clean quiet and on time.
RouteMNL to SFO via Taipei
Date FlownMay 2016

"the service was top-notch"

Verified Review | What excellent flights from New York to Taipei return. I flew out on Christmas Day 2016 and returned on 13 January 2017. This was the first time we took EVA Air and tried out their Elite Class (premium economy). I used to take either premium economy or business with Cathay Pacific. As I was not happy with the service of CX I decided to try EVA Air which received good reviews and offered cheaper tickets. I am so glad I did! The planes were new, which made a lot of difference for air quality on a long-haul flight. The seats were much more comfortable than that of Cathay Pacific Premium Economy. They were wider and could lean back much more. There were plenty of flight attendents who responded to requests promptly and always with a smile. They also kept the toilets clean and well-supplied throughout the long flight. The food choice was excellent, and meals were tasty. The service was top-notch. All attendants were polite and attentive. I had a slight stomach problem when flying back. The nice attendant noticed that I skipped meals. She cared enough to ask me if I was feeling better and would I like a sandwich to bring home. This is the kind of service that wins hearts. Bravo EVA Air.
RouteTEP to JFK
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"it was a great experience"

Verified Review | Kuala Lumpur to Toronto via Taipei. I am an EVA Air convert. Seating is comfortable and the service is great. There was a stop overnight stay in Taipei and we were looked after as soon as we arrived. They quickly took us to the airport hotel. As it was a stop for about 24 hours, a day tour was offered but we took the bus to Taipei to see the famous 101 building. Savoured the local delights and bused back to the airport. The airport hotel has good selection for breakfast. Overall it was a great experience and we would definitely fly EVA when we next travel to the east.
RouteKUL to YYZ via TPE
Date FlownDecember 2016

"proactive staff made up for it"

(Taiwan)

Verified Review | Taipei to Seattle return in Premium Laurel (business class) on a soon-to-be-retired Boeing 747. Business class seats are not as good or private as those found in the 777s. Thoughtful, proactive staff made up for it, as did the food. The biggest drawback was the lounge used in Seattle. They use the British Airways lounge, which was a disappointment. The only food available was instant noodles or some sorry-looking sandwiches. The attendant who was supposed to be serving drinks to lounge guests was busy having a rest in the first class portion of the lounge.
RouteTaipei to Seattle

"dinner was delicious"

Verified Review | Chicago ORD to Taipei. My flight to on EVA Air started off well. The staff at check-in were welcoming and helpful. After I went through TSA I realized I had left my cell phone at the counter, and I frantically ran back to the check-in counter and the check-in staff held it for me. I believe ORD to TPE is a new route and the EVA gate staff still has a few things to work out, boarding was a bit chaotic, even though they called by zones, several people pushed past those of us lined up by zone. On the plane, it was a mostly good 15 hour trip. I believe EVA has improved its catering because both my meal choices were terrific — the chicken with rice dinner was delicious and the morning breakfast scrambled eggs and bacon was amazing — it seems to be tough for any airline to do eggs well, but EVA got it right. A plus is that we were served with silverware and that elevated the experience. Unfortunately, throughout the 15 hours the cabin was just too warm. I asked the passenger seated at the aisle near me if he felt warm and he agreed it was hot (and he was wearing shorts). I asked the FA if she was able to lower the temperature a bit, and 20 minutes later, it was not as warm, but the temperature in the cabin never approached comfortable and I could not sleep during the flight. The odd part is I walked back through the Economy section a few times during the flight to stretch my legs and those cabins were so much cooler and almost everyone was asleep. The FA for my section seemed a bit distracted and forgot to bring my drink order even after the person next to me was served drink orders twice. Overall, I feel like this flight experience with the chaotic boarding, and the inconsistent service onboard fell just short of EVA’s usual high standards.
RouteORD to TPE
Date FlownDecember 2016

"cabin staff very friendly"

Verified Review | Bangkok to London in business class and a truly excellent flight. The EVA lounge at BKK airport is fabulous and far, far better than anything Thai Airways offer at this airport (their home airport!). Staff friendly, food great and really nice lounge design and décor. Boarding was quick, cabin staff very friendly and efficient throughout the flight and lived up to 5 star expectations. Lunch served shortly after departure and a light meal before arrival into London, food standards and meal presentation were very good. Definitely choose EVA again on this route as they exceed anything that BA or Thai offer.
RouteBKK to LHR

"great flight with EVA"

Verified Review | Bangkok to London. Following a disappointed outward trip on EVA Air Elite class (Premium economy), I was pleasantly surprised by the return journey. Check in at Bangkok airport was easy and quick - EVA occupied the whole R row and there was no queue. Boarding 10 minutes behind schedule but it was well organised as they called passengers by zone. The flight itself was around 85% full in Elite class. There was a bottle of water on the seat as well as ear phone and amenity pack and slippers - a typical EVA standard for Elite class. Menu was distributed after boarding. The two cabin crew in charge of the Elite class were probably the most professional crew I've encountered. They were friendly, smiley, efficient and enthusiastic. The Thai and Taiwanese Crew worked well as a team. I even think the service was one step above my favorite SQ. And on this particular flight the deck announcement from the pilot was professional and clear (which is always an issue with EVA). We landed at Heathrow on time. A great flight with EVA overall.
RouteBKK to LHR
Date FlownNovember 2016

"they are my preferred choice"

Verified Review | Flew EVA Air from London to Bangkok on Elite class. This is not my first time using EVA as they are my preferred choice when flying to BKK or Taipei. The online booking is pretty straight forward but I wish they allow passengers to edit their profile and input passport information prior to check in. I checked in online 24 hours before departure and dropped my luggage at Heathrow. There is never a queue for Elite class passengers which is a plus. Boarding was on time. The plane was 8 years old and has just been refurbished - new seats for Elite class as well as new entertainment system. Personally I think the entertainment system is decent - the screen is large with good resolution, but the programme is limited, and the flight map is not interactive. I prefer the old seat as it felt more comfortable. However the advantage of the new seat is that the chunky entertainment box has now been removed. They have upgraded the amenity pack but it was just the packing that is changed. Service on this flight was the biggest disappointment. The crew serving my area did not smile once - not a typical EVA standard. Food and wine were ok although I sensed some cost cutting this time. The flight was pretty smooth and we landed on time.
RouteLHR to BKK