Eurowings

"price far away from acceptable"

Trip Verified | Milan to Hamburg. I fly Eurowings regular, it is a Lufthansa daugther company with the quality and service standards of a very low budget airline but a price far away from acceptable. Lounge access is not allowed if Basic tarriff is booked also for Gold card holders and even with heavy delay (even a single flight costs 200 EUR but very little competition in Germany after bankruptcy of Air Berlin). I have about 60-80% of my flights delayed. Some of my flights are operated by other airlines so dont expect to sit in a Eurowings plane.
AircraftA320-200
RouteMilan to Hamburg

"very negative experience"

Trip Verified | Tunis to Stansted via Cologne Bonn. Just a generally very negative experience. The outbound flight was late. We were flying via France and so had to rush for the connecting flight. We needn't have bothered as that flight was delayed also. The problem was, we were running around trying to find the gate, but there was no-one there to tell us that the reason we could not access the gate was because the flight was delayed (which was not what the board said). The return flight was also delayed. We had a connecting flight in Germany and a bus was supplied to take us from the plane to the terminal. Whilst myself and a friend were carrying hand luggage and assisting two 5 year olds down the steps, the bus driver decided to close the doors and leave. In the cold and the rain with two 5 year olds and a connecting flight (which we were late for) we were told to wait and the bus would return. After waiting a while, we decided to walk at which time the staff started shouting at us and threatened to arrest us. Now scaring my children, I got very upset trying to explain that we had a connecting flight and needed to get to the terminal. The plane staff were very unhelpful as were the assisting staff. Again, needn't have been worried about the connecting flight as it was, you guessed it, late.
RouteTunis to Stansted via Cologne Bonn
Date FlownApril 2018

"delay as there was a strike"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | My flight from Cologne to Zurich was delayed 1 hour and I had to miss my connecting train from Zurich. Eurowings did not help at all with any reimbursement or apology and told me that they are not responsible for the delay as there was a strike! I will never fly with them again. I chose them because it was the cheapest option. Now I know they may seem cheap at first but they will cost you much more.
RouteCologne to Zurich

"The worst flight ever"

(Mauritius)

Trip Verified | Budapest to Mauritius via Munich. I booked a return ticket from Budapest to Mauritius. Both of way needed transfer once. The way I went there and the first flight when I return were totally normal. you know in such long flight you could have some basic entertainment and food. This flight is the only one that you need to pay every single thing extra! For example, the earphone. I didn't start my movie at the beginning but I felt it's odd when the crew was selling this. They gave you access to a movie without earphones. Moreover, when cabin crew started to serve the food, they ignored me, I thought she may did not see me. So I asked one staff in the end, and she said the ticket I booked is just seat without service. I said how come I book a seat to spend 12h without food. She said I could buy it with cash, but Euro only. I just have dollar left but they did not accept it so I left with empty handed and during these 12h I have nothing to eat. What's more ironic, when I decided to start a movie to transfer my attention, I noticed even I have no right watch anything, they request me to pay again! I was extremely angry. I started to worry about my luggage if they transfer it or not. because in that situation I didn't book any service except a seat. I landed, all the info I received, there is single word mentioned that I don't have extra service. Last but not least, this young team's attitude and service is horrible. I strongly felt that they don't care the non-German speaking guest. Everytime when they come to me, they will tell me I need to pay to get what I need. The lady who distribute food, she just skipped me, I was trying to ask her, and she pretended as if I am a troublemaker or food beggar! Another lady who told me I didn't book food, she knew my situation and I couldn't purchase even I have money, until the end she never came back to me with anything solution? The worst flight ever.
AircraftA330-200
RouteBudapest to Mauritius via Munich
Date FlownApril 2018

"Very nice and enjoyable flight"

Trip Verified | Very nice and enjoyable flight with Eurowings from Düsseldorf to Faro. Flight departured 10 minutes late, however this is acceptable. Legroom was very good, I could strech my legs completely. Staff was very friendly and helpful. 10 minutes of free Wifi were offered, if you wanted to continue useing internet you had to pay a fee. Overall I had a great experience with Eurowings.
RouteDüsseldorf to Faro
Date FlownMay 2018

"bag taken from us at the gate"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | We travel always to Antalya with only hand luggage. One of our cabin bags, that had the correct dimensions and wasn't overweight, was taken from us at the gate. It was not permitted in the passengers cabin. Result: at arrival we had to wait 30 minutes at the baggage belt, a bottle whisky was broken, so the trolley was stinking and soaking wet, our reserved transfer to Antalya was gone and in the next the passengers and the driver complained about the smell of our trolley. I asked several times at Eurowings why they took the trolley. First they said it had to do with safety. The trolley has been more than 100 times inside the cabin, so that is rubbish. Then they said the luggage bins onboard were maybe full, but half of them were empty. Even the hostess on the plain was surprised the trolley was taken. I loved to fly with Eurowings, but now they drop to the level of Corendon and Ryanair.
RouteCologne to Antalya
Date FlownApril 2018

"The service was perfect"

(Bulgaria)

Trip Verified | Munich to Rome. I have been rescheduled to the flight of Eurowing on 22rd March from Munich to Rome, as my LH flight on 21st Mar in the evening left Munich without us, due to delay. But our plane took off exactly on time, I discovered that the space between the rows was even little bit more vs regular LH planes I fly. The service was perfect, the cabin crew was very polite and attentive. So my message is that there are also many positive experiences with Eurowings and the low rating here can be in a way misleading.
RouteMunich to Rome
Date FlownMarch 2018

"appalling and ridiculous airline"

Trip Verified | London to Hamburg via Dusseldorf. Absolute appalling and ridiculous airline, I recommend to never use them wherever possible! I had a total of 4 flights booked with them on 1st May and only 1 made it on time. Worst was when in LHR told me that I will get grounded overnight in Duesseldorf on my trip home to HAM due to delays and there was actually an alternative direct flight LHR-HAM with available seats, but they could not be bothered to put me on that flight. So Eurowings rather flies an empty seat and grounds a passenger half-way due to delays than moving a finger for bringing a passenger where he booked to go. So I rebooked myself on the alternative LHR-HAM not to get stuck the way Eurowings had planned it for me. And than that 4th flight again got delayed by about 3 hours. Considering only 25% of my 4 Eurowings flights made it actually even remotely on time, I question their capability and competence
RouteLondon to Hamburg via Dusseldorf
Date FlownMay 2018

"pay for an extra legroom seat"

Trip Verified | Stuttgart to Hannover. Since a couple of months they changed their policy so that you now have to pay for an extra legroom seat where you can put your knees in a normal position. Instead they place now an advertisement in front of you.
RouteStuttgart to Hannover

"I call that a rip off"

Trip Verified | Cologne to Hamburg. Booked SMART Ticket, which includes a tiny Snack box with 0,2l water and tiny cake as well as an other drink of your choice. But on both flights, they distributed only the snack box and offered no other drink. The crew told us, since the flight is fully booked, they would not offer that additional drink service, because there is not enough time with a crew of 3. I call that a rip off, if you pay for a drink, you should get it. It is not my problem it the crew is on minimum. That is the reason why I book SMART Tarif, because I want a coffee on an early morning flight. This is not the first time that this happened with this airline. They sure need some competition in the German market. If I can avoid Eurowings I will try, but out of Cologne they have a monopoly. Baggage took over 30 minutes, even there where not a lot of passengers at the belt,
RouteCologne to Hamburg