Eurowings

Eurowings customer review

Review by (United States)

This was supposed to be a flight on Germanwings from Hamburg to Oslo. I had booked 2 flights on Germanwings. The first was from Budapest to Hamburg, the second from Hamburg to Oslo after a hotel stay overnight in Hamburg. I booked and paid for one suitcase to be checked in on both flights. I did retrieve my suitcase after the BUD-HAM flight as I needed it in the Hotel. It was 2 separate flights on "Germanwings". I did not know anything about "Eurowings". When the bus that took us from the gate at Hamburg to the plane I saw it was marked "Eurowings". Of course I asked if I was on the correct plane and was assured it was. After we were in the air a short time, I was asked if I wanted anything by a member of the crew, I only asked for a glass of water and was told it would be 3 Euro. Not a bottle of water, a glass poured out of a large bottle. I guess this is the new craze of overcharging for everything on LCCs. But I really knew I had been traveling on a inferior airline when my luggage did not show up in Oslo. It had been left behind in Hamburg. Even Eurowings did not handle the missing bag. It was done by SAS ground handlers in Oslo and done very well. Thanks to SAS I did get my suitcase back all the way to my Florida home.
AircraftCRJ900
RouteHamburg to Oslo
Date FlownJune 2015

Review by (Netherlands)

AMS-HAM-AMS. Very unpleasant experience AMS-HAM got cancelled due technical issues so I was put on their next flight which departed 3 hours later. Once en-route service was good though. Return flight 8 days later was delayed by 1 hour then got cancelled as well again technical reasons. This was the last flight of the day so I was offered a hotel. Instead I requested to be put on the Lufthansa HAM-DUS flight as AMS and DUS were about the same distance by car from my final destination. This was granted and all in all the delay was under 2 hours which is considering the situation not even that bad. LH was one of my preferred airlines but after this round-trip my confidence in reliability of LH (which Eurowings operated this flight for) is lost.

Review by (Netherlands)

Review by (France)

Kiev - Dusseldorf on May 20 2013. Ground staff extremely unfriendly and uncoordinated started boarding before the aircraft was ready so that we had to wait 20 minutes in the bus with no air-conditioning or ventilation where it was very hot. Very uncomfortable seats with no much legroom. Staff on board also not very friendly and did not announce the temperature and time at arrival. Nevertheless we managed to arrive almost on time.

Review by (France)

Review by (Germany)

DUS-MAD in class S (economy) in seat 11C. Duration: 2 hours. I was very surprised with the service and comfort on board because we flew in a CRJ-9000. My regulation sized cabin baggage only just fit inside. It was an early morning flight and a breakfast of scrambled eggs spinach and potato cubes was served together with orange juice and a biscuit - all in all pretty good for economy class on such a small aircraft. Comfortable flight overall with two rounds of drinks service. Excellent landing. All in all an excellent flight.

Eurowings customer review

Review by (United Kingdom)

MAN-HAM-MAN. Early morning flight out on Canadair Regional Jet 900. Boarded on time and arrived on time late departure due to airport delays rather than airline tardiness. Service was good and breakfast snack and drink sufficient for short flight. Similar on the way back with delays getting to the runway at Hamburg airport. Baggage arrived OK at both airports in short space of time.

Eurowings customer review

Review by (United Kingdom)

Review by (Germany)

HAM-MXP: An early morning flight to Milan on Canadair Regional Jet 900. Passengers greeted by friendly but distant cabin crew. I managed to get a seat just behind Business class. Leg room in economy class was horrible I am 188 cms and barely fit in. Being an early morning flight they handed us a raisin bread roll and drinks for 90 mins flight which was shameful considering that it is Lufthansa co-operated flight. After snack round cabin crew was no were to be seen until landing. I don't think I am opting for Eurowings again.