Top 100 Airlines

euroAtlantic Airways

"plane was in a terrible condition"

After a long and unexplained delay at Gatwick, several flights were combined into this one. I was originally supposed to fly Vueling to Barcelona. The plane was in a terrible condition - broken trays, no safety card and no food at all, which after a long delay, was simply unacceptable. Please avoid at all costs.
RouteLGW to BCN
Date FlownJune 2016

"legroom was awful"

(Papua New Guinea)

Flew Singapore to Port Moresby. Air Niugini replaced their own decent 767s with a charter from euroAtlantic (Air Niugini seems to be having ongoing maintenance issues) and it was terrible. 767s are normally pretty spacious but the legroom on this one was awful, with my knees wedged against the seat in front. Furthermore, there was an enormous IFE box that took up more than 40% (I measured) of the room under the seat in front of me. Of course, the box was used only to show 4 or 5 movies on fixed schedules on a tiny screen, and for the second 3 hours of the flight none of the movies were playing. The fitout generally seemed 15+ years old (although not worn as I guess charter usage causes less wear). There was also a foul smell coming from the toilets and the aircon seemed set higher than the stated 23 degrees (no individual vents available). The only good news was that it was operated by Air Niugini staff, who are reasonably good. You might not have a choice in flying euroAtlantic when they're filling in for another airline but you ever get a choice, stay away - it's clearly meant for packing in hordes of low-paying passengers.
AircraftBoeing 767-300ER
RouteSIN to POM
Date FlownJune 2016

"worst flight ever experienced"

Gatwick to Barbados with euroAtlantic Airways. Possibly the worst flight I have ever experienced. We took off late from Gatwick for unknown reasons (we were never told why) and then the Captain announced the flight would take over 10 hours for journey other airlines do in just over 8hrs. Seat pitch was terrible, we had to wait over 3 hours for lunch (served at 1530!), there was insufficient water on board to ensure that we all got something to drink throughout the flight (warm beer was offered to me at one stage), they ran out of food, but had some sandwiches 40 hours old (so they told us). The crew were totally disinterested, the inflight loop IFE system showed only a super-hero type film (to a passenger cohort in their 60's), and then a film in Portuguese (to an English speaking audience). I can think of nothing good to say about this flight other than that we arrived.
AircraftBoeing 767-300ER