euroAtlantic Airways

"good value for the money"

(Hungary)

Verified Review | I bought a Budapest to Lisbon return ticket with TAP Portugal. Usually they use an A319 on this route but they use Euro Atlantic Airways on some days. I have to blame TAP, because they do not mention this fact neither in the booking nor on the itinerary or during the checkin process. Anyway, as I'm a travel agent I knew what I was booking. Euro Atlantic for both ways. I was positively disappointed in Euro Atlantic Airways. Based on previous reviews I was expecting something very trashy. The aircraft flown both waysis only 16 years old, and the interior looks quite fresh. The overhead lockers are the latest B767 design, so not the old fashioned one, but the curvy, nicer. The seats has been recently changed to Euro Atlantic's new interior with backseat IFE system and USB port for charging your own device. The aircraft was clean. Flight attendants were smiling and very helpful. All announcement in Portuguese and English. Catering was a TAP catering, a basic sandwich and the usual soda + coffee/tea. My only negative feeling is about the new seat which is nice and trendy, but it's quite narrow. Also even if there is a backseat inflight entertainment system, the variety of available content cannot compared with the mainstream carriers such as Lufthansa, BA or Emirates, etc. Let's be honest, it's a good value for the money, but nothing else. Don't compare the value with the big carriers, but compare it with a low cost like Wizz or Ryanair.
RouteBudapest to Lisbon
Date FlownAugust 2017

"inferior quality for the price charged"

Verified Review | Inferior quality for the price charged. I paid for a quality airline (LOT Polish) and I got cheated into a low price charter serviced by an inexperienced crew from euroAtlantic Airways. Just not fair to premium paying customers on transatlantic flights. Even the captain could not speak English well. Food was awful. We chose LOT airlines for the food and on-board service; we got low end of European airlines with euroAtlantic. Bottom line: you didn't get what you paid for.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteWarsaw to Newark
Date FlownJuly 2017

"plane was in a terrible condition"

After a long and unexplained delay at Gatwick, several flights were combined into this one. I was originally supposed to fly Vueling to Barcelona. The plane was in a terrible condition - broken trays, no safety card and no food at all, which after a long delay, was simply unacceptable. Please avoid at all costs.
RouteLGW to BCN
Date FlownJune 2016

"legroom was awful"

(Papua New Guinea)

Flew Singapore to Port Moresby. Air Niugini replaced their own decent 767s with a charter from euroAtlantic (Air Niugini seems to be having ongoing maintenance issues) and it was terrible. 767s are normally pretty spacious but the legroom on this one was awful, with my knees wedged against the seat in front. Furthermore, there was an enormous IFE box that took up more than 40% (I measured) of the room under the seat in front of me. Of course, the box was used only to show 4 or 5 movies on fixed schedules on a tiny screen, and for the second 3 hours of the flight none of the movies were playing. The fitout generally seemed 15+ years old (although not worn as I guess charter usage causes less wear). There was also a foul smell coming from the toilets and the aircon seemed set higher than the stated 23 degrees (no individual vents available). The only good news was that it was operated by Air Niugini staff, who are reasonably good. You might not have a choice in flying euroAtlantic when they're filling in for another airline but you ever get a choice, stay away - it's clearly meant for packing in hordes of low-paying passengers.
AircraftBoeing 767-300ER
RouteSIN to POM
Date FlownJune 2016

"worst flight ever experienced"

Gatwick to Barbados with euroAtlantic Airways. Possibly the worst flight I have ever experienced. We took off late from Gatwick for unknown reasons (we were never told why) and then the Captain announced the flight would take over 10 hours for journey other airlines do in just over 8hrs. Seat pitch was terrible, we had to wait over 3 hours for lunch (served at 1530!), there was insufficient water on board to ensure that we all got something to drink throughout the flight (warm beer was offered to me at one stage), they ran out of food, but had some sandwiches 40 hours old (so they told us). The crew were totally disinterested, the inflight loop IFE system showed only a super-hero type film (to a passenger cohort in their 60's), and then a film in Portuguese (to an English speaking audience). I can think of nothing good to say about this flight other than that we arrived.
AircraftBoeing 767-300ER