Etihad Airways

Etihad Airways customer review

Switzerland to Singapore. Compared with Singapore Airlines it is cheaper for almost same seat and space comfort in the cabin. The service is great maybe less cabin crew but still great as they do their best for you. They are strict with safety food is good but compared to other airlines is more simple bread not so good. The down side for me was entertainment disappointed. On way back got opportunity for cheap business upgrade. Great business class. Good value for money. Great food very good service with nice crew. Seat perfect and flat. Downside again entertainment. The other downside is Abu Dhabi airport one of the most boring international hub airports I've transited. Not much too do lack of good seats. Very few opportunities to sleep. Small airport hotel always fully booked.

Etihad Airways customer review

Melbourne to London. All in all decent experience. Crew were excellent on both legs especially considering that the Abu Dhabi leg was completely full. Good entertainment system and food not bad. The major drawback is the seat pitch. Seats themselves fine but when they're crammed it affects the whole experience. Might make me consider another carrier in the future for that reason.

Etihad Airways customer review

The seats in Pearl Business Class are unusually narrow and short as others have written. I weigh 173lbs (78kg) and am 170cm tall. The foot enclave is so narrow that I could not comfortably place both feet together. I had to sleep with one knee bent the entire time. There is simply no way an overweight or tall passenger would be able to squeeze into this seat. The IFE system is very poor in variety and choice and Etihad Airways forces their passengers to watch a 90-120 second commercial (that cannot be skipped) before every program. This is very irritating. On both fights the electrical outlet did not work and I lost battery power on my iPad before the end of each flight. Every seat on the return flight in Business Class was full and the air temperature in the cabin was at least 75 degrees (24 Celsius). My wife and I were perspiring during the entire 9 hour flight and were unable to sleep due to the hot cabin. The food was surprisingly bad. I ordered the “grass-fed fillet of beef” and my wife chose the mushroom lasagne. I returned the beef after the first bite. The mushroom lasagne was mediocre and my wife couldn't finish it. For the entire 9 hour trip we subsisted on mixed nuts and Diet Pepsi. The quality and variety of the food are considerably better on many other lower cost business class flights.

Etihad Airways customer review

Paris to Abu Dhabi - July 3 2013 and back on July 27 2013. Flying with Jet Airways from Paris to India we had a stop to Abu Dhabi so that the long flight was endorsed by Etihad partnership. Such a great company in economy class! We were well placed close to the window great seat comfort plane quite new great stewards service. My headphone wasn't working and the hostess gave me a new one within 5 mins with apologies. Good food and good vegetarian food. Good choice of entertainment. Flight was quiet. Cabin was not cold at all and we were glad for such good comfort.

Etihad Airways customer review

A great flight experience that can get you from to Dublin to Abu Dhabi in 7 hours 20 minutes. A great deal and the seats were pretty comfortable. Staff were sometimes annoying but good overall. However like many airlines I don't like the food but the beverages were good. I would rather starve yet hydrate. The best part was the entertainment. There were lots of movies and games and the headphones were quite comfortable. The plane I was in had new AC power ports that would activate about 2 to 3 hours into the flight and switch off just before landing. All in all it was a great experience.

Etihad Airways customer review

Chicago to Hyderabad via Abu Dhabi. My carry-on was not allowed at Chicago they claimed it was bigger than the allowed size. I took the same suitcase many times on Emirates and American Airlines and was never questioned. My option given was to check-in with $65 fee. Surprisingly I saw people board with bigger suitcases than mine. Food and entertainment is good however air hostesses are a bit rude.

(Thailand)

Complaint about Air Berlin (Etihad's partner) Phuket-Manchester. Etihad in my opinion is very close to being a premium airline but are being seriously let down by Air Berlin who are absolutely a Budget Airline in every sense. Today (6th August) we sat in the plane on the tarmac for 2 hours at Abu Dhabi. It appeared that Air Berlin had over booked the plane. Some passengers had the same seat ticket and had to be let off. The food on Air Berlin is a joke. I had pre-ordered a vegetarian meal however there were none and the stewardess said the main meal (omelette and sausage) - I could eat that and just eat around the sausage. She then said the vegetarian option was really only for children and I could have that. It was a 'crepe' with a slice of peach. Hours old and disgusting. The food on the Etihad flight was excellent. The drinks on the Air Berlin leg were all lo-cost type drinks. The entertainment system on Air Berlin is rubbish. I absolutely will not fly with Air Berlin again and I will be complaining directly to Etihad that they are being seriously let down by their partner in this leg. I do not expect to pay a premium price for a budget airline which makes up half the leg (The Phuket to Abu Dhabi leg).

Etihad Airways customer review

For the flight it was very good MAD-CDG-AUH-SYD Business return. Pity that Abu Dhabi lounge was lacking as was the staff in general. Certainly too small for flight numbers and waiting for one person to serve drinks was laughable. Would certainly never ever take a flight out of Paris again but assume that was either the handling agents or AF on the first leg/last return leg. Not enough planes as the delay on the way back due to another incoming that made another 300 people late was silly.

Etihad Airways customer review

BKK-AUH-DUS MUC-AUH-SYD in business. Connecting in AUH can be a nightmare plane departed late but no communication. The seats are hard not really comfortable the service not as good as the computation is food and beverages are acceptable but honestly nothing to write home about. An overpriced product not to be recommended.

Etihad Airways customer review

Flew AUH-GVA A333. The Business class product is very good and consistent from the Etihad chauffeur that picks you up at the hotel to the hard product onboard. Very good seats good choice of meals and attentive cabin crew. Only downside is the Business class lounge at AUH T3 which is a bit small.