Etihad Airways

Etihad Airways customer review

Traveled with my wife from Abu Dhabi to Sydney in June. Seats were so close together it was impossible to stretch legs in any way easily the worst we have encountered. Cabin service was almost non existent and food was well below average. Etihad ground staff in Abu Dhabi were rude and very unprofessional. We will never consider Etihad for any future flights.

Etihad Airways customer review

13-16 Sep 2013 EY421 Abu Dhabi to Dublin EY 42 Dublin to Abu Dhabi. My two flights can only be described as the worst flying experiences I have had to date. Aircraft was an old A330 with a "brown" interior and the tightest long haul seating configuration I can recall. Service on board varied from dated to simply rude and unhelpful. Special meals booked in advance did not arrive and no alternates offered. However all of this was minor in comparison to the purser on the return leg who was rude to the point of being intimidating. Inflight entertainment system was old but would have been better if it had actually functioned. Recommend you eat well before the flight and take a book for entertainment if you have to travel with this airline.

Etihad Airways customer review

Moscow - Abu Dhabi - Bangkok. A good trip although check in staff member seemed not to speak English. Flight was a little late leaving Moscow and arriving in Abu Dhabi which made the transit a little stressful as it was not clear that I and my luggage would make the second flight. Cabin staff were friendly and attentive but no one spoke Russian on the Moscow - Abu Dhabi sector. Food and wine were good but the service a little slow especially on the Abu Dhabi sector where I was trying to get a reasonable amount of sleep. Both planes were good and clean and with seats being fully flat beds were restful and spacious. The IFE was good on both planes and we were permitted to use the IFE until we had landed. The airport in Abu Dhabi was undergoing extension/renovation and a bus was used to transport passengers to the terminal. The lateness in arrival meant that the plane was about to board so it was not possible to eat in the lounge and then only sleep on the second flight. Here supper rather than dinner was late being served so valuable sleep time was lost. Bag did make the second flight but it was one of the last off the plane in Bangkok so received zero priority!

(Pakistan)

26th June was going to Washington from Lahore. Lahore - Abu Dhabi was fine Abu Dhabi - Washington was good though seats were small there was no room to stretch legs on such a long flight of 15 hours. Flight was on time. The staff were friendly from Abu Dhabi to Washington. Service was really good but the food was pathetic on both flights. Staff were bad coming from Washington to Abu Dhabi. They weren't listening to bells and were taking too much long to bring even water. Overall it was a good experience.

(Thailand)

I flew from Manchester UK to Bangkok via Abu Dhabi on 18/19 Aug 2013. Worst flight I have had since I travelled Kenya airlines in the eighties! From Manchester seating was very uncomfortable. The flight to Bangkok was turned around as we taxied for take-off to decant two passengers who were headed for Jeddah not Bangkok! Delayed one and a half hours.

Etihad Airways customer review

Flew from Manchester to Bangkok through Abu Dhabi. Everything was excellent from the chauffeur service to the Spa in the business lounge in Abu Dhabi. I have flown with many of the worlds airlines in business class this was far superior. The food was excellent the seat / bed was extremely comfy the staff and service could not have been faulted. I am flying again to Sydney at the end of October and am looking forward to the trip as the flight can be part of your holiday rather than just the drag at the beginning and end. I would highly recommend Etihad as farms I am in Club world layering the year to LA and know its going to be a let down in comparison.

Etihad Airways customer review

29/7/13 EY 455 Sydney - Abu Dhabi. 30/7/13 EY 19 Abu Dhabi - Heathrow. 20/8/13 EY 2 Frankfurt - Abu Dhabi. 20/8/13 EY 454 Abu Dhabi - Sydney. I had the pleasure of travelling a combination of business and first class to and from Australia. The staff were exceptional making sure all requirements were attended to without intruding. A very pleasant experience.

Etihad Airways customer review

Its all about the crew SYD-AUH-LHR EY455 - friendly efficient crew -long haul 14 hours to AUH and delayed out of SYD by an hour due to missing PAX. Good flight seat 35H. But this flight EY19 to LHR is like 'chalk and cheese' with a very unfriendly crew running out of food and disinterested in passengers why do the job?

Etihad Airways customer review

Very disappointed seats in economy uncomfortable very little leg room worse when the passenger in front reclines their seat. On our flight FA forgot to serve meal to our row almost 3 hours and only provided with a small cup of water during this time (a 14 hour flight). Service was poor on all 4 flights on journey to UK from Sydney. On one of the legs of this travel FA advised they had only vegetarian meals available on next leg of trip the inflight entertainment system failed on the majority of passengers. Generally not a good experience.

Etihad Airways customer review

My Husband daughter (20 mths) and I recently flew to Dublin via Abu Dhabi from Sydney on August 2nd 2013. It was the worst flight we have ever encountered! Our seats were very uncomfortable very little leg room! We had to request a safety belt for my daughter just before takeoff as we were taxing down the runway! No cabin staff checked if I was familiar with the procedure of applying this belt or indeed if I had applied it correctly . Only infant food available no alternative offered despite requesting alternative toddler food. My Toddler had no food except what I brought onboard. Cabin staff were rude and definitely not child friendly! Hot food was just put down despite having a toddler on my knees! Inflight entertainment was very poor. My flight from Abu Dhabi to Dublin improved in terms of more efficient customer focused cabin staff but otherwise very disappointing overall experience.