Etihad Airways

Etihad Airways customer review

I just returned from Abu Dhabi to Manchester on 1st of January with Etihad. I have to say the service and the crew was above of all my expectations. It was a very pleasant surprise after my experiences flying different airlines. Their care for passengers was obvious very attentive and smiling crew throughout the flight. The seats however made me suffer a bit but overall it was a nice experience. I would definitely choose them for my next flight.

Etihad Airways customer review

Chengdu China to Manchester UK on 29th December. Now the service on the flight from Abu Dhabi was nothing to sing and dance about a busy flight with every seat booked out and cabin crew just scrambling about to keep everyone fed and watered. They did remember my special meal but it was an odd breakfast combination but this is the only reason food and beverages did not get five stars from me. Chengdu to Abu Dhabi: While the ground crew at Chengdu were clueless the cabin crew on this flight were excellent. Attentive and interested in the well being of passengers they conducted regular cabin walks and brought water every hour to passengers in economy. They even conducted a chocolate run going through the cabin during the night to see if anyone watching films or reading would like individual chocolates with another drink. On landing they were helping get baggage down and giving directions for first timers to Abu Dhabi about gates.

Etihad Airways customer review

Chicago to Abu Dhabi on New Year's Eve. Departure board said "on time". Flight scheduled to leave at 8pm. Boarding started promptly at 7pm. Told we could get in line and board the plane first as we had child with us. This did not happen. As it got closer to 8pm passengers were being rushed to sit down and stewardesses were hurrying around trying to find places for excess carry-on bags. 8.30 pm - still on the ground waiting for plane to be de-iced. 9pm - plane still on ground. 9.30 pm - announcement there is medical condition on board. Have to pull back up to gate to unload passengers and offload their luggage. 10pm - still on ground waiting to be de- iced. 10.30 pm - still waiting. Midnight: Happy New Year! Still in Chicago and plane still at the gate. 12.30 am - have to be de iced again and announcement made that we were waiting for runway to be cleared. 1.30 am - we finally take off. No hot food served. Lousy cold sandwiches served only after siting about 5 hours.

Etihad Airways customer review

All four legs were in business class taken during November 2013. The boarding process following a restful hour or so in the Airline's dedicated lounge at Heathrow was smooth efficient stress less and punctual. Aircraft (a Boeing 777-300) was as expected clean and in pristine condition. Although the seats in this cabin class were somewhat narrower than many other major carriers they were well appointed and functional as was the in-flight entertainment system. Food was of a high standard and served with a smile. My few requests (via the button) were answered promptly and I did not feel that they were in any way considered to be a nuisance. Arrival at Abu Dhabi and transfer to the next flight was seamless and I was soon on board. Cabin attendants were as professional as had been on the first leg as was the food. My in-built clock nudged me to operate buttons and turn my seat into a bed. It was time for some sleep. This was when the narrowness of the seat became more noticeable a pity really as a couple more inches would have given much more comfort. Following my tour”of Vietnamese culture and cuisine I returned to Bangkok - placed the top layer on and prepared for my return to London. This time after check-in I was directed to the airport's Apricot Lounge prior to boarding. Although quite a peaceful refuge its facilities fell far short of the Airline's own lounges. As expected the journey times against the prevailing jet streams were much longer but they were offset to some degree by the good service and ambience of the aircraft's business class cabin. Overall my experience of Etihad Airline certainly falls into the to the 'Very Good' category and if I had to give it marks out of ten it would score a solid nine.

Etihad Airways customer review

This was my return flight back to Manchester my departure flight was poor bad service on the MAN-Abu Dhabi leg and Abu Dhabi-BKK was only slightly better yesterday's flights were totally different the service on both legs of the flight were exceptional good food drinks service very good could not fault any of the service side of the flight what I would say is that Etihad need to invest in new aircraft or refurbish the existing fleet as the seats and interior are getting very tired and uncomfortable. I will try another airline next year just to compare the airlines but if Etihad Want to retain their high status they need to listen to the customers that use their airline.

Etihad Airways customer review

I booked to travel from MAN to AUH on EY22 on 20th Dec. I called EY's call centre to upgrade using miles/cash to business where I was assured that there are plenty of seats available and should head to the airport 3 hrs before departure to process this. The information given was completely incorrect as the desks opened 4 hrs before departure and all seats were taken by then which was very frustrating and disappointing. EY ground staff and EY's Business class lounge staff at MAN acknowledged the mishap and were very courteous and attentive and attempted to solve this problem. Return flight on EY21 on the 29th of December light load in J class we were well looked after by the excellent crew in J. as usual EY's catering is excellent cabin crew attentive and good hard product. I just wish they sort out the unhelpful call centre and bring back the old amenity kits in J class with Aigner products that were infinitely better than the current cheap substitutes.

Etihad Airways customer review

Never Again. Rome-Abu Dhabi (Alitalia Business Class). Abu Dhabi-Melbourne (Etihad). Food excellent on Alitalia flight and entertainment system and service very good this after experiencing the worst business class lounge I have ever been in at Rome. Went to buy a sandwich at bar outside after 5 minutes. No computers showers or food and small bar. Arrived Abu-Dhabi check in and business class lounge good but crowded. Plane terrible. Narrow seat not comfortable. Old seat. Promotes internet from device did not work. Service terrible. Movies poor. Plane old and uncomfortable. Drinks limited. Looking at leaving Emirates and Singapore will not be doing any time soon.

Etihad Airways customer review

We travelled from Melbourne to London and back. Poor service. Frozen food. Long waits at check in at all stops. Not happy. Will not use again. Do not recommend.

Etihad Airways customer review

Business Class ticket for Abu Dhabi - Hyderabad India leg of a journey originating in Toronto Canada. Decided to shave and shower before the flight. Lukewarm water one bath towel no facecloths and no amenities kits in the bathroom. Etihad simply outclassed by Emirates on this score. Presented myself at the boarding gate at the appointed time. No priority check-in for Business Class passengers told that we would be ferried to the plane on a separate bus once it arrived no such thing happened Business Class passengers last to board the plane. Meal service a farce: stewardess extremely apologetic for not being able to serve my requested appetizer main course and dessert!

Etihad Airways customer review

I flew 1st class Shanghai - Abu Dhabi - Heathrow. Lets start with the bad points we were collected from the Hilton by a driver wearing jeans in a car that needed a clean to be delivered to the airport. On arrival we were looked after promptly by Etihad ground staff and made our way to the 1st class lounge shared with Air China. This was not as good as many business class lounges and was happy to be moved on ASAP. Now the fun part on sitting down in seat 1A and drinking a glass of quality bubbly I had a very well cooked steak and drifted off for the night part of the journey. We arrived at Abu Dhabi and went through to the 1st class lounge quick shower bite to eat felt excellent. Went onto the next leg Abu Dhabi - Heathrow I must admit the level of service on this leg of the journey was the very best I have experienced. The team were a real credit to Etihad. I had a friend who was flying business class come up and join me for what was a fantastic meal all ushered through by the main steward without any hassle.
Cabin FlownFirst Class