Etihad Airways

Etihad Airways customer review

I flew on EY20 (LHR AUH) on 23 Sept. B777 in economy. The flight was empty so we were all able to spread ourselves out. The cabin service was quick and friendly. Drinks flowed and the food was actually really good for economy. IFE seemed limited but acceptable for a short flight. One crew member seemed to be new and a little lost but I'm sure she will be on top of her game after a couple flights. Leg room was fine but seat width across the shoulders may have been uncomfortable if the flight had been full. I will fly again.

Etihad Airways customer review

Flew from Manchester on 21 September to Abu Dhabi with Etihad had very mixed expectations as I had flown last year with Emirates who were very poor. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised as the flight and the staff were outstanding - nothing was too much trouble. Having said how good our flight was we now had high expectations of our connecting flight to Colombo - how very disappointed we were. Badly organized didn't check seat belts left our meal tray for 45 mins after everyone was finished - not sure what they were doing. We only had to wait 20 mins for them to answer our calls and then 10 more mins to bring the wine.

Etihad Airways customer review

Travelled SYD-AUH-LHR and back. Firstly the pros the service and entertainment were great. Food and drinks (water) kept coming. Washroom was clean all the way that's pretty good for 21-22 hours. But the reason I may not travel again on Etihad on a long haul flight are the seats very uncomfortable I am not very tall so leg room was adequate but the seats were very hard and not at all good for my back. The armrest on all flights did not have the cushion part sewn on it it was just hard. For long haul flight all passengers whether first class or economy require a certain degree of comfort which was sorely lacking on Etihad. I am not anti-Etihad perhaps for a trip to NZ I would travel on it again but never again for a trip to Europe.

Etihad Airways customer review

Flew out on 21st Aug BNE-SIN-AUH-ATH. Returned 14th Sep EY470 LHR-AUH-SIN-BNE. This was not the cheapest carrier. Sets are too small for majority of those around 6 ft. I saw at least 7 passengers with their knees jammed in seats and one tall woman in tears. Meals were ordinary and drinks adequate - most staff do their best once on board and the cabin manager was great. Most disturbing thing is the stop and re-board at AUH. Main terminal is a disorganised mess - toilets are inadequate. Bussed to plane air conditioning useless and by the time you get to aircraft you are seething.

Etihad Airways customer review

Flew from AUH to MAN. No check in at Abu Dhabi as was transit passenger from another airline. Was bussed from remote stand for a long ride unimpressed with the airport itself and long security lines. Seat assignment pre- booked honoured. Full flight to Manchester AVOD was decent but could be better. Found cabin crew polite professional though the male staff seemed professional. Food was good with full hot breakfast before arrival. All in all a good flight which pleasantly surprised me.

Etihad Airways customer review

Flew from D.C to Chennai. Things were not good at Abu Dhabi the terminal and Gate to India was over crowded and no place to even stand. The arrival time to Chennai was 1.5 hrs delayed and we lost our connecting domestic flight. On the way back the seats were not assigned properly they canceled our selected seats. In a four seat row for a family of four we were given three seats and we had to travel with a toddler for a 15 hr flight from Abu Dhabi to D.C. The seats are not that great either they are narrow and not much leg space. Only good thing is the flight crew.

Etihad Airways customer review

Flew Business class LHR-AUH-PVG. Great service on the first leg the Business class lounge at Heathrow was superb. Excellent selection and very comfy. The boarding was a little chaotic but once onboard excellent flight. Wine selection was wonderful as was the food selection. Transfer very easy. Next leg was in First. I was the only person in First and what an experience. Food was of restaurant quality having my own chef literally. The wine and champagne again was of tip top standard. As nobody else was on board I had my own dining booth and my own sleeping booth. Managed a full 7 hours uninterrupted sleep. Breakfast again was superb.

(Thailand)

I've flown Etihad more than 20 times within the last 9 months. On my most recent flight last Tuesday I had the same great service as usual. The cabin crew were very open and friendly. Even if I couldn't sleep on the two flights the crew were offering drinks and food during the night time. Food was good as usual as well as the entertainment system. I love flying with this airline and can recommend it to everyone. Compared to others the seat comfort is good and I had plenty of leg space.

Etihad Airways customer review

After booking my tickets I advised customer services of my disabled needs. When I arrived at the airport this information was not on my booking and so I had to explain again my disabilities and needs at the check in desk. On arrival into AUH the plane was parked on a remote stand. after the plane has disembarked I had to wait a further 20 mins for ground crew to bring the lift to get me off! I was taken straight to the connecting gate as normal. At the gate I had to identify myself to the staff who had no history of my needs and I had to stop a ground staff and request my own assistance to board the flight via the lift. I boarded nearly last which meant jostling . Again no specific instructions in case of an emergency were given - it is usual to be informed what the crew will do for me to get me off in an emergency. I have before have I been treated with less dignity or support.

(Czech Republic)

Abu Dhabi - Kuala Lumpur - Abu Dhabi. B777-300 3x4x3 economy class. Very slow check in at Abu Dhabi airport flight delayed for 5.5 hours without prior notification and also without a word of apology. Return flight on time. I have commented before on seating comfort on those flights after 7 hours you feel the impact of hard seats in your limbs. Food quality and services very good both legs so is the inflight system.