Best Cabin Crew

Etihad Airways

"never fly Etihad again"

This has got to be the worst plane we have flown on. We flew Manchester to Sydney via Abu Dhabi in October and flew Manchester to Abu Dhabi in February and on all flights it was the Boeing 777 (3-4-3 seating). The seats were rock hard, both me and my husband had to sit on our blankets and cushions for some padding. We are in our early 60s and I weigh 8stone 10lbs and my hubby weighs 12 stone 6lbs, so we are by mo means skinny or overweight and we were uncomfortable on all flights. These planes are old and obviously well worn. The seats are also very narrow so it was very uncomfortable trying to eat our meals. We are well travelled and the meals on these flights were not good quality. In fact we have flown on no frills airlines and have had better meals. I cannot understand how anyone would travel on Etihad if they have the choice of Emirates. To make things worse they now only allow 23kgs in economy instead of the 30kgs pre Sept 2015. I think that is disgusting on long haul flights. Hopefully we will never fly Etihad again.
RouteMAN to AUH

"definitely use again"

London Heathrow to Singapore visa Abu Dhabi with Etihad Airways, and I was anxious about using this airline. Can honestly say that the flights both to and from Singapore was great. Flights on time. Friendly staff. Great refreshments. Good selection of films. The flight from Abu Dhabi to Singapore was on a Boeing 787 which was a bit cramped and the seats uncomfortable - but no worse than other airlines. Would definitely use again.
RouteLHR to SIN via AUH
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"airline losing my luggage"

Paris to Brisbane via Abu Dhabi. Horrible flight with the airline losing my luggage. It has been days now and I have been calling the customer service lines with no change, they don't even know where my suitcase could even be! None of the service employees have gone out of their way to even apologise to me let alone do their job in finding the suitcase that has all of my souvenirs from the last two months of travelling.
RouteCDG to BNE via AUH
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"want to hold accountable"

Toronto to Abu Dhabi, and my baggage was delayed by about a week. I was told that I would receive a compensation for this delay. I submitted all the required paperwork to Etihad Airways but no response. I sent them 7 reminder emails over the last 6 months. I have also called them twice, both times I was told that they had informed the baggage department in Abu Dhabi to process my compensation and assured me I would receive my compensation within the week. Nothing so far. I believe that Etihad never intended to pay me a compensation, and just said so to calm me down when my bag was lost. At this point I don't care so much about the compensation, which is a minimal amount. I just want to hold Etihad accountable for their earlier statements.
RouteYYZ to AUH
Date FlownJuly 2015

"cabin crew were attentive"

Flew Etihad Airways from Abu Dhabi to Manchester. The online check in was fast and efficient. We boarded on time and managed to arrive earlier than expected - a bonus. The seats were narrow and not that soft/comfortable. It did not help that the flight was full. The cabin crew were attentive and helpful. The food was okay but I did not like the menu - a matter of personal preference. Inflight entertainment is good, but, Emirates has a more extensive collection. Overall, Etihad is a good airline, but, far from being great.
RouteAUH to MAN
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"airmiles as a compensation"

Delhi to Paris via Abu Dhabi, first Etihad Airways experience and was horrible one. The flight from Delhi to Abu Dhabi got delayed and I missed connection. No lounge was provided. Stayed with family at airport wandering around for the whole night. Next morning flight to Paris, they did not upgrade to business while the entire business was empty. Lost out on our Disney park tickets (pre booked) and one day hotel (pre booked at Paris) due to their delay. After repeated use of their Twitter handle, they responded and gave me airmiles as a compensation for all my trouble. Sorry but being a frequent flyer, I am not flying them again. I should have read reviews here before booking with them. Whatever I saved on airfare (they were cheaper than Swiss or Air France) got lost due to delays.
RouteDEL to CDG via AUH
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"how bad it is going to be"

(Thailand)

Booked Etihad Airways flights in August 2015 because it was the only one that fit our travel needs. Still haven't flown yet (April 2016) and already our itinerary has been changed 4 times. The last 2 showed that our previously confirmed return seats were eliminated and showed that we had to check in. Also surcharged $675.00 for fuel even though fuel prices are at 12 year record lows. Complaints have gone unresponded to, even though we were told that someone would respond. That included a telephone call that I am still waiting for. If this is just the type of service you get on the ground, then I can just imagine how bad it is going to be if we get to get on board at all.
RouteBKK to FCO via AUH
Date FlownAugust 2015

"never have enough meals onboard"

(Portugal)

Etihad Airways from Amsterdam to Bangkok via Abu Dhabi return, and crew on both flights were excellent. The seats were a little tight for a business class cabin, but if you sit in a aisle seat they are not too bad. Food was good but one complaint with Etihad is they never have enough meals onboard, so you always end up with a second choice. If you want to guarantee your meal choice you need to sit two lines from the back. Abu Dhabi was a very uncomfortable experience, buses were laid on for arriving passengers. Everybody was herded into a small entrance with hundreds of other people in the same queue from other aircraft disembarking. I have to say this was one of the most disorganised places I have ever experienced it can only described as a scrum. People pushing, others confused and the ground staff unwilling to assist. Fast Track pass given to Business CIass customers that was totally useless. Spent 60 minutes trying to get through a transfer desk that was equally disorganised. Sadly I did not make it to the lounge due to Etihad's total disorganisation. Once again trying to board to BKK was total chaos, firstly Etihad Ground Staff do not have sufficient training to control a crowd and secondly the customers seem to leave their brains at home when it comes to listen to various commands.
AircraftA330-200 / Boeing 777-300ER
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteAMS to BKK via AUH

"fly with them again"

Manchester to Abu Dhabi with Etihad Airways, and a Boeing 777 was used on this flight. The seating was on a 3-4-3 configuration and it kind of looked and felt cramped. I was lucky not to have anyone seated beside me, but still it felt like it. With the seats going to the negative side of the spectrum, Etihad, however, has a lot to offer on the positives. The cabin crew made the flight as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. The food was good and we were kept hydrated throughout the flight. Overall, the flight was okay. I will fly with them again.
RouteMAN to AUH
Date FlownAugust 2015

"food fairly basic"

(Philippines)

Manila to London via Abu Dhabi with Etihad Airways. Food fairly basic, especially the snack meal before landing which was pot noodles, and on another leg a pocket sandwich. Asian flight attendants were good and friendly, Eastern European flight attendants noticeably less friendly. Announcements in English were fairly unintelligible and pursers need to slow down and focus on pronouncing their words. A380 seats and toilets were better, cleaner and more comfortable than the Boeing 777. Entertainment system good. Price was very cheap which is of course good. Next time will fly Emirates as really hate Abu Dhabi airport
AircraftBoeing 777ER / A380