Etihad Airways

Review by (United Kingdom) 29th July 2015

Flight attendants and food great. Flat beds were comfortable, the lounge at Abu Dhabi also has a smoking room which is well ventilated and comfortable. Would use again but not from Edinburgh, the airport customer service there lets it down.
RouteEdinburgh to Singapore via AUH

Review by (Canada) 26th July 2015

I travelled from Toronto to Colombo and back. My requested meal was low sodium. Sodium level was OK, however what was offered was completely inadequate (I am not a voracious feeder) and I was starving. I had several meals on both forward and return journey. They were almost the same kind of meals on all flights. On most occassions it was one standard dish with some potatoes or rice with chicken and green peas and a small fruit container. The tray had only these two containers and nothing else. There was absolutely nothing of salad, bun, biscuit or cheese etc.
RouteColombo to Toronto via Abu Dhabi

Review by (Thailand) 26th July 2015

As a loyal customer to Etihad Airways since the beginning, the service has got worse and prices gone up. Limo was late, blamed me as I was not waiting for him on the street. Lounge full of travel agents on a free trip that were getting VIP treatment. All paying customers being ignored had to ask 3 times for a glass of water. Crew were average and forgetful on both flights. Lounge at Abu Dhabi was crowded, and have to wait to use a toilet at least 10 minutes. Staff are useless if you have a question. 5. Abu Dhabi airport overcrowded and lots of building work seems to take at least 30 minute upon landing/departure to from the gate.
RouteLondon to Bangkok via Abu Dhabi

Review by (United Kingdom) 24th July 2015

Found the seats quite uncomfortable, I'm only 5ft 2 and felt squashed. During our second leg from Abu Dhabi to Bangkok my sister and I couldn't sleep for back pain and over a long distance the seats aren't very suitable. The food was ok, but after the meal I found myself still hungry, and the 'snacks' (dry crackers) weren't nice. They also kept running out of meals which shouldn't be happening. The staff were pleasant. On both journeys the plane was delayed with little if any information given to customers, we missed our connecting flight from AUH to BKK and had to be booked on a later flight, causing us to miss our transfer which was prepaid. The staff were very unapologetic, however it was organised well. Overall the main complaint was the lack of comfort, it felt as though we were all packed in like sardines.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteEdinburgh to Bangkok via Abu Dhabi

Review by (Australia) 23rd July 2015

Arrived early to check in, get good seats and relax in the lounge. Told the flight was overbooked and to wait. After an hour we asked what was going on and told sorry sir, we'll get a supervisor. Offered 300 USD to fly 12 hours later (no thanks) we paid 8000AUD for these flights. Staff were nonchalant and pretty uncaring. We finally got seats, but not together. Never again - best airline, yeah right!
RouteAbu Dhabi to Sydney

Review by (Italy) 22nd July 2015

First flight from Munich to Abu Dhabi was delayed so I missed my connection to Bangkok and had to wait for 5 hours. I really wonder who is managing the construction and operation of the airport in Abu Dhabi. It takes at least 20 minutes to get to the gates after landing. My next destination was Manila with a 1 hour layover before heading to Hong Kong The flight was late again and once arrived in Manila I found out that in order to catch the next flight I had to go though immigration, go to another terminal (40 min taxi ride) and check in again. The ground staff in Manila told me that this happens all the time and that Etihad does not care about their passengers and their only goal is to send them away from their hub in Abu Dhabi. So I got on a plane 3 hours later and arrived in HK with a 15 hour delay and without my luggage. The company could not locate my luggage. Fortunately, I received it one day later. Etihad Airways customer service is far below average. They did not respond to my email for 10 days now and hang up on the phone twice. Their website is not working at all on a constant basis.
RouteMunich to Hong Kong via AUH

Review by (Kuwait) 21st July 2015

It's not the experience I heard about it. We got delayed an hour because the engine on the airplane won't start, according to the pilot the engine was to hot and they had to turn off the entire airplane electricity, which left us without AC on the plane and the summer heat of Kuwait. They could at least let us go back to the boarding gate, until the engine gets fixed. Luckily the engine started and we were on our way to Abu Dhabi. We were served a chicken sandwich and water. That's it. No, salad, fruit or dessert. Nothing, but a mayo-filled chicken sandwich and water. Very disappointed with this airline, first and last time flying Etihad
RouteKuwait to Abu Dhabi

Review by (Nepal) 21st July 2015

First time flying Etihad and I was worried by the negative reviews. Crowded airplane but I found the FAs attentive, service was good and timely. Food was ok. Late departure but they made up time on arrival so I was able to make my connection. Would fly them again
RouteORD to Abu Dhabi

Review by (United Kingdom) 20th July 2015

Flight from Thiruvanthrapura (EY273) was delayed by 4 plus hours which meant we missed on ward flight to London from Abu Dhabi. The crew on EY273 were surly and service was poor, the breakfast served was inedible. The crew seeem to disappear after breakfast was served, so drinks were not forthcoming. When we transferred planes I was given a middle row seat despite explaining to ground staff at Thirvanthrapura the difficulties I had because of my height. Fortunately the chief steward on the connecting flight saw sense and moved me, but I was now seperated from my wife. I have wrote to Etihad complaining, but they have not even had the courtesy to acknowledge my letter after 1 month.
RouteThiruvananthapura to London via AUH

Review by (New Zealand) 20th July 2015

We booked our flights and picked specific seats 10 months before we flew and never ended up with any of the seats we had selected. On one flight, my partner and I weren't even seated together. Most of the flights were delayed 30-60 minutes. The seats were terribly uncomfortable and hard. To top it off, when we checked in at 7am (3 hours early too) for our flight from Abu Dhabi to Sydney, we were told we had no seats, the flight was extremely overbooked, and 12 others were waiting to get on too! After hassling 3 different staff, they finally got my partner and I seats across the aisle from each other. Thankfully a passenger moved so we could sit together. Found out later two other people were bumped off the flight because of our other connecting flights back to NZ.
RouteAuckland to London via Abu Dhabi