Etihad Airways

Customer rating from 2092 reviews

Review by (Italy) 3rd July 2015

I flew from Milan to Abu Dhabi which is my first time on Etihad. The ground crew were very helpful in clarifying my doubts about excess baggage and gave me some time to transfer some items to my backpack. The onboard services were worth the money and the crew quite fast in helping. Flight was on-time arriving even though it departed 15 minutes late from Milan.
AircraftAirbus A340
RouteMilan to Abu Dhabi

Review by (United Kingdom) 29th June 2015

Excellant on outbound and return flights. Food and drink onboard very good, staff at check in, lounges and onboard were courteous and friendly. Seats were comfy and certainly better than economy, just don't expect a lay flat double bed!
RouteManchester to Bangkok via AUH

Review by (United States) 29th June 2015

I traveled on Etihad for the second time from HYD to PEK on a part of a business itinerary from Seattle to India and China, a business trip arranged by my work with couple of other travelers. This time Etihad ground handling didn't fail to disappoint. They offloaded my checked in bag in AUH and it reached one day after I landed in PEK. I had to continuously call ground handling to get updates. Etihad Airways bag tracking site didn't have any updates until the bag was delivered to my hotel. Cabin services are good in terms of food, legroom and staff, but that doesn't do you any good if they can't get your bags on the same flight.
RouteHYD to PEK via AUH

Review by (Germany) 28th June 2015

Munich to Cochin via Abu Dhabi on 10th June 2015 and return Cochin to Munich on 14th June. On the first leg of my journey, I literally had to run to the gate for my second flight and I almost reached at the nick of time. The connection time was around 1.5 hours and my baggage was missing at Cochin. However, airport staff made arrangements to record my details and it was home delivered after almost 40 hours. I found out that the baggage of almost 15 to 20 passengers was not transferred to the second flight in Abu Dhabi. I thought this was a one-off incident as it was the first time ever my baggage was lost. On the second leg of my journey, my flight was to depart from Cochin at 4.40am on 14th June, but the flight arrived at around 5am and departed at around 6am. I was pretty sure that I was going to miss my flight as the connection time was again around 1.5 hours. I missed my flight and I was given a boarding pass for the next flight which departs at 2.10am on 15th June. This was almost 18 hours at the airport. I was given meal vouchers and a facility to sleep in a sleeping pod. The staff at the transfer desk said that they don’t have enough resources in the airport for staying and therefore gave me the sleeping pod. In fact I found that they have an airport hotel, which they could have made available for hapless passengers like me. I was not the only one and many like me were stranded. Etihad was handling this procedure of managing stranded passengers so efficiently that I think that their stranded-passenger-management system is much more efficient than their airline management and scheduling system. This seems to be a routine procedure for Etihad. I boarded my flight and it reached Munich and I was more than unpleasantly surprised to find out that my baggage is missing again. I got my baggage a few days later. The air stewardesses were a grumpy lot, maybe they are overworked, I don’t know. The food and service was not good and this is a completely overrated airline.
RouteCochin to Munich via AUH

Review by (Canada) 27th June 2015

Lounge: it was very crowd to say the least and had to wait to jump to a empty seat. Food quality and variety is below par (compare to Emirates lounge). Boarding was smooth but as usual it was fashionably delayed by 30min. Cabin with narrow business class seats and feels squeezed even though I am a petite person. Cabin staff one of the most uncaring bunch of people. Not sure where they get trained and they seem to select passengers to whom they like to give attention and care. This was not the first time but I have raised this with Etihad customer care which also went unnoticed. Many times they forgot or ignored requests for service and acts as if they are doing the passenger a favour! Food excellent. Arrival delayed but the journey was smooth. I wish I could fire Etihad cabin crew and get crew from Qatar Airways or Emirates! Rating down by 4 notch due to this.
RouteAbu Dhabi to Brussels

Review by (Malaysia) 23rd June 2015

Have flown Etihad for many years. My last trip has made me somewhat less enthusiastic. Issues started when I went to KL Ticket Office to change my flights. They changed flights for GBP300 per seat, used to be GBP175 and told me I could no longer have a car from Heathrow to my home at the end of the journey. I explained that I was offered a car when I made the booking, but they said the fare rules had now changed and I was no longer entitled a car. After much complaining and nearly an hour waiting I finally got to speak with the local General Manager. I again stressed I had been offered a car when the booking was made, so I felt they could not simply change the rules. Eventually after 4 days of back and to emails, they confirmed the car from Heathrow. Check in is always a disaster, ditto the Lounge they use. With a couple of flights a day and now with First Class they should either choose a new partner or open their own lounge. The Emirates Lounge is fantastic at KLIA. Flights okay, service and quality of food definitely on the down swing. It's okay but used to be great. Bigger planes mean less attention for passengers which is were Etihad scored in the past. A re-think maybe, before Qatar Airways or Emirates (even BA) start to steal your premium passengers on this route.
AircraftBoeing 777/A380
RouteKuala Lumpur to London via Abu Dhabi

Review by (United Kingdom) 23rd June 2015

This is the first time we have flown with Etihad Airways and it will be the last. Manchester to Phuket in March, returning 20th June. Both times transferring in Abu Dhabi. Not impressed with either the airline or Abu Dhabi Airport. Our transfer time outbound was 1.5hrs. Very long taxiway, then bus to the terminal. After passing through security "last call" was being announced for our flight to Phuket. And we still had to run from T1 to T3. Somewhat better on the return trip, with just over 3 hours transfer time. At the time of booking our flights we were informed that it would be A330s all the way. But 3 of the 4 flights were changed to Boeing 777's, one of them without informing us. Seating on the aeroplanes was not good - cramped, not much leg room. Cabin crew were not at all friendly, in fact, rather surly. Food was far from good, in fact inedible. The only thing we can't complain about - no delays - all flights either on time or early. However, on arrival back in Manchester 1 suitcase did not arrive. At least 4 or 5 other passengers from the same flight experienced the same thing. In fact one told us that he had flown with Etihad 3 times in the last 2 weeks - each time at least 1 bag was delayed. I can update progress, having just rung Etihad, the lost bag arrived on this morning's flight. Will hopefully arrive by courier later today. We had to ring them, the website was no help at all.
AircraftA330 & Boeing 777
RoutePhuket to Manchester via Abu Dhabi

Review by (Germany) 20th June 2015

On 15th June I flew Etihad Airways Frankfurt to Kuala Lumpur via Abu Dhabi. Their inflight entertainment was good and the new soft neck pillow was a nice touch to help sleep during the long flight. I found that the food quality has deteriorated considerably from last time I traveled Etihad, not too long ago. The portions were small and the food was not tasty. Just before landing a muffin was offered with tea or coffee. This seems that the airline is cutting cost on their food. The crew seemed to be friendly and attentive. The transfer of passengers from the plane in Abu Dhabi to the main arrival hall in a bus is very uncomfortable because in sweltering heat it is hard to walk up to the bus especially for the elderly. I hope Etihad takes into account these points if they care for the economy passengers.
RouteFrankfurt to Kuala lumpur via Abu Dhabi

Review by (Italy) 19th June 2015

The flights I paid for were Muscat to Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi to Rome and Rome to Florence. I was forced to fly on Air Berlin Abu Dhabi to Stuttgart (modified without any explanation) and Stuttgart to Florence (modified). It included low cost longer flights and intermediate technical stopover in Bucharest. The Air Berlin Abu Dhabi to Stuttgart was the worst flight I ever experienced. Airplane was old, uncomfortable, with features which were common in airplanes of 90s. As my ticket was paid to Etihad I charge them responsibility for it. I have never been given any explanation. I guess that it was due to a mix of overbooking and lack of care to the people whom are flying in economy class. I will never fly Etihad again.
RouteMuscat to Florence via Abu Dhabi, Rome

Review by (Canada) 17th June 2015

My flight from Tokyo Narita to Abu Dhabi left on time. The food and service was good, and the economy seat was comfortable. Would definitely recommend Etihad Airways on this sector.
AircraftA340-500