Etihad Airways

Review by (Australia) 1st August 2015

MEL-AUH on time, crew attentive. IFE very good had a wide range of channels. Food delicious, seats comfortable but felt crammed in. AUH-ATH was a shocker. Abu Dhabi ground staff are rude and airport is poorly run. The flight wasn't much better with rude staff. My headphones didn't work and the FA wouldn't give me a new pair. Food was mediocre and legroom was a better. Flight was filled was children that were running wildly through the cabin. Before landing, passengers were self serving themselves alcohol in the galley. Business Class was complaining but FAs didn't care.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 / A330-200
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteMelbourne to Athens via AUH

Review by (Austria) 31st July 2015

VIE to Bkk via Abu Dhabi. Booked flight directly on Etihad homepage. Flight from VIE to AHD was with Niki. Aircraft did not have IFE, everything was very tight an uncomfortable. Meal was small, served cold. The Austrian wine was excellent! Staff very friendly. Onward flight was with an Etihad A330. Seat in Economy class was even worse as on Niki"s A320/321. IFE had a very limitted choice on movies, food was average, served in plastic dishes. Wine quality was quite poor. Actually had expected service and comfort comparable to Qatar Airways or Emirates - but is far from it. Hope that return flight from Singapore is better! Most likely will choose Emirates or Qatar again on my next flight to Asia.
AircraftA320/321 and A330
RouteVienna to Bangkok via Abu Dhabi

Review by (Thailand) 31st July 2015

My first trip on Etihad was disappointing, BKK-AUH-FCO-AUH-BKK with the web purchased business upgrade for the BKK-AUH sector didn't turn out to be much of an Etihad experience. The sector BKK-AUH was on a Jet Airways and the sector from AUH to FCO with Alitalia. Zero Etihad experience. BKK-AUH was ok as I slept the trip in Biz class though the configuration of the Jet Airways business class is a bit odd. Everyone is pointing sideways. AUH-FCO operated by Alitalia wasn’t as pleasant. Staff seemed clearly unhappy and stressed out. At the end of a cartoonish safety video that ends with the phrase “your crew is perfectly trained” the Captain announced in English “Cabin staff get ready for landing” as we were still waiting at the foot of the runway for take-off. I had to contact by phone Etihad’s 24 hour help center, besides not being particularly friendly or polite, they didn’t understand the problem I had and finally left me hanging on the phone until the system cut me off. This happened twice. Because the issue surrounded a 6 + 11 hour delay and because the flight originated from Europe where consumer rights state that any flight with a delay greater than 5 hours may be refunded I was able to change carriers and fly back with a different company. Etihad thanks but no thanks, never again.
RouteBKK to FCO via AUH

Review by (United Kingdom) 29th July 2015

Flight attendants and food great. Flat beds were comfortable, the lounge at Abu Dhabi also has a smoking room which is well ventilated and comfortable. Would use again but not from Edinburgh, the airport customer service there lets it down.
RouteEdinburgh to Singapore via AUH

Review by (Canada) 26th July 2015

I travelled from Toronto to Colombo and back. My requested meal was low sodium. Sodium level was OK, however what was offered was completely inadequate (I am not a voracious feeder) and I was starving. I had several meals on both forward and return journey. They were almost the same kind of meals on all flights. On most occassions it was one standard dish with some potatoes or rice with chicken and green peas and a small fruit container. The tray had only these two containers and nothing else. There was absolutely nothing of salad, bun, biscuit or cheese etc.
RouteColombo to Toronto via Abu Dhabi

Review by (Thailand) 26th July 2015

As a loyal customer to Etihad Airways since the beginning, the service has got worse and prices gone up. Limo was late, blamed me as I was not waiting for him on the street. Lounge full of travel agents on a free trip that were getting VIP treatment. All paying customers being ignored had to ask 3 times for a glass of water. Crew were average and forgetful on both flights. Lounge at Abu Dhabi was crowded, and have to wait to use a toilet at least 10 minutes. Staff are useless if you have a question. 5. Abu Dhabi airport overcrowded and lots of building work seems to take at least 30 minute upon landing/departure to from the gate.
RouteLondon to Bangkok via Abu Dhabi

Review by (United Kingdom) 24th July 2015

Found the seats quite uncomfortable, I'm only 5ft 2 and felt squashed. During our second leg from Abu Dhabi to Bangkok my sister and I couldn't sleep for back pain and over a long distance the seats aren't very suitable. The food was ok, but after the meal I found myself still hungry, and the 'snacks' (dry crackers) weren't nice. They also kept running out of meals which shouldn't be happening. The staff were pleasant. On both journeys the plane was delayed with little if any information given to customers, we missed our connecting flight from AUH to BKK and had to be booked on a later flight, causing us to miss our transfer which was prepaid. The staff were very unapologetic, however it was organised well. Overall the main complaint was the lack of comfort, it felt as though we were all packed in like sardines.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteEdinburgh to Bangkok via Abu Dhabi

Review by (Australia) 23rd July 2015

Arrived early to check in, get good seats and relax in the lounge. Told the flight was overbooked and to wait. After an hour we asked what was going on and told sorry sir, we'll get a supervisor. Offered 300 USD to fly 12 hours later (no thanks) we paid 8000AUD for these flights. Staff were nonchalant and pretty uncaring. We finally got seats, but not together. Never again - best airline, yeah right!
RouteAbu Dhabi to Sydney

Review by (Italy) 22nd July 2015

First flight from Munich to Abu Dhabi was delayed so I missed my connection to Bangkok and had to wait for 5 hours. I really wonder who is managing the construction and operation of the airport in Abu Dhabi. It takes at least 20 minutes to get to the gates after landing. My next destination was Manila with a 1 hour layover before heading to Hong Kong The flight was late again and once arrived in Manila I found out that in order to catch the next flight I had to go though immigration, go to another terminal (40 min taxi ride) and check in again. The ground staff in Manila told me that this happens all the time and that Etihad does not care about their passengers and their only goal is to send them away from their hub in Abu Dhabi. So I got on a plane 3 hours later and arrived in HK with a 15 hour delay and without my luggage. The company could not locate my luggage. Fortunately, I received it one day later. Etihad Airways customer service is far below average. They did not respond to my email for 10 days now and hang up on the phone twice. Their website is not working at all on a constant basis.
RouteMunich to Hong Kong via AUH

Review by (Kuwait) 21st July 2015

It's not the experience I heard about it. We got delayed an hour because the engine on the airplane won't start, according to the pilot the engine was to hot and they had to turn off the entire airplane electricity, which left us without AC on the plane and the summer heat of Kuwait. They could at least let us go back to the boarding gate, until the engine gets fixed. Luckily the engine started and we were on our way to Abu Dhabi. We were served a chicken sandwich and water. That's it. No, salad, fruit or dessert. Nothing, but a mayo-filled chicken sandwich and water. Very disappointed with this airline, first and last time flying Etihad
RouteKuwait to Abu Dhabi