Ethiopian Airlines

Review by (Kenya) 30th June 2015

Flew to Bangkok from Nairobi and return and I certainly did not enjoy the flight back. The Boeing 767's used from Bole International to Suvarnabhumi Airport and back are very old, felt like I was on a bus. The inflight entertainment is awful, variety of shows is poor, TV screen is unclear and the seats have signs of wear and tear. My flight from BKK to Bole was delayed by 3 hours which meant I missed my connecting flight, but that was sorted out once we landed in Addis. All in all, I would not recommend for long haul flights, however short haul flights are bearable.
AircraftBoeing 767-300ER & Boeing 737-800
RouteBangkok to Nairobi via Addis Ababa

Review by (India) 29th June 2015

I flew Ethiopian Airlines as they are a part of Star Alliance. Flight from Mumbai which was scheduled at 5.30 AM took off near 7 AM. Missed my connecting flight to Accra. Was put up in Addis Ababa at a hotel with very limited menu for people who had missed connecting flights. Seems both the airline and the hotel were used to this problem, as my flight ticket for next day and hotel were already printed when I arrived at Addis Ababa. Food was just ok. Entertainment was good.
RouteMumbai to Cccra via ADD

Review by (United Arab Emirates) 16th June 2015

Pretty horrible flight, with plane crowded and dirty. There were already transit passengers on board (from Burundi) when we boarded and the aircraft did not appear to have been cleaned. Took off around 30 minutes late with no explanation. Crew seemed disinterested and there was no inflight entertainment. The only positive point was that the meal was reasonably tasty and there was beer and wine on offer. The condition of the toilets was disgusting even at the start of the flight. Despite having a relatively good reputation, I will try my best to avoid using this airline again.
Aircraft737
RouteNairobi to Addis Ababa

Review by (Switzerland) 13th June 2015

I know many people seem to recoil when I tell them I am flying on an African airline but I would fly Ethiopian Airlines anytime over any US airline. The service is top notch, the flight attendants, professional and attentive, and very patient with some very rude passengers. I have flown Ethiopian a number of times now and have seen a progressively improving level of service. Addis airport is a very efficient HUB through Africa. The flights within Africa are not as good (still better than most) than the flights to North America. Also, the fares are very reasonable and passengers aren't nickel-and-dimed to death which is now the norm in the US flights.
RouteFIH to YYZ via ADD

Review by (United Kingdom) 6th June 2015

ADD to Heathrow March 16th in daylight. Check in Addis excellent and quick. Breakfast at the cheapest cafe in Terminal 2 OK but service a bit half hearted. Price up to $6 plus 25%. Boarding very quick. Flight superb except that as others note the standard of food on Ethiopian is slipping downwards no choice for lunch. Arrived spot on time and getting through new Terminal 2 at LHR better than my first time in October!

Review by (United Kingdom) 6th June 2015

Review by (South Africa) 20th April 2015

I had the most uncomfortable experience flying between Accra-Luanda and returning the same route. The flight was delayed and without any explanation or updates from the carrier. The cabin was very dirty and poorly maintained. The facilities were pathetic and not well serviced during the flight. Cabin crew were poorly trained or lacked customer friendliness and seemed very aloof without much concern. The overnight hotel accommodation was pathetic. Boarding procedures were woefully managed. No recognition was provided to the star tier members when checking in at the counter or when boarding. People simply pushed their way through. Given the type of client and nationalities that use this route the cabin attendants had no control over the passengers and during landing and take off there was much confusion with passengers standing up and opening the over head compartments long before the aircraft had reached the docking bay. Passengers were randomly spitting on the floor without any care for other passengers or having been informed by the incompetent cabin crew about the use of the facilities provided. The ground staff were equally unhelpful.

Review by (South Africa) 20th April 2015

Review by (Oman) 19th April 2015

I have flown Ethiopian Airlines 3 times. None of my trip was smooth. I reserved my seat during booking. Somebody was in my seat and I was told its a free seating flight. I requested a Gluten Free Meal my meal was given to somebody else instead I was served different kinds of cheese with bread containing gluten. I have always been served chicken with rice and normal bread (Gluten) the same type of meal was served for breakfast. Delays are never announced. Flight was rescheduled without advance warning. Getting a wheelchair takes forever and not guaranteed this led us to miss our flight.

Review by (Oman) 19th April 2015