Emirates

Emirates customer review

We were stranded in Dubai for over 24 hours. I mean myself and about 60 other passengers because our connecting flight (also an Emirates flight) left without us. None of us received accommodation no lounge not even a place to take a proper shower or refresh. We didn't receive boarding passes for the next flight for 17 hours or so they kept telling us to "come back in 2 hours". This went on all day I couldn't even leave the airport if I wanted to! Emirates had no sense of organization and zero sympathy for passengers.

Emirates customer review

We flew from Birmingham to Cape Town business class which involved a change in Dubai. These flights were on Boeing 777ER planes. Every aspect of the flights was of the highest standards such that for the first time in years we actually looked forward to our return flights! The service was excellent with courteous friendly staff and fabulous food and wine. The seats are roomy and comfortable and we slept for 6+ hours on the Dubai-Cape Town sector - well beyond what we have done on BA and other flights. The provision of mattresses for the seats is a wonderful idea. The entertainment system is superb. In addition the chauffeur cars are a great way to being and s=end a trip. Emirates is a great airline and I will definitely now switch to using them for future flights.

Emirates customer review

Singapore - Nice return on a business trip with a transit in Dubai both ways. Overall the quality of the trip was good. Seats comfortable slide suite doors a bit gimmicky but definitely help with privacy / quietness for sleeping. Didn't eat on all legs but when I did the quality of the a la carte food was excellent. Drinks list wide. ICE system has great content but the tablet style controller is sometimes unresponsive. In flight wifi / mobile connectivity only available on one leg out of four which was disappointing as the one leg that had it was a night leg when I wanted to sleep! Emirates First lounge in DXB very comfortable. All flights on time. Only complaints are that the cabins seemed too warm and that Dubai airport remains a bit of a mess for transit. Might be better when all construction works complete. Price for this First trip was barely any higher than Singapore Airlines Business class to Europe so on that basis the value for money is good. This is a regular trip for me and I'd consider EK next time.
Cabin FlownFirst Class

Emirates customer review

First time to be disappointed by EK service. Arrived at the airport on time to find out that my flight to JED was delayed 7 hours not to mention check in staff didn't know why and why we had not been informed. Asked if I could leave DXB intl to go home and come back they said no since it was an estimated time and the plane might take off at any time. Stranded at DXB intl for 8 hours. Later on asked another member of ground crew about the update on my flight he was careless to even answer me properly. Onboard 2 female crew were shouting at passengers. Lack of communication from management to staff dealing with passengers is a major problem. On the return RUH-DXB flight on time A330-200 the oldest in EK fleet no entertainment only one meal option I was surprised that they are serving a full meal on this short 90 minutes flight. The most uncomfortable seat on a plane. Those aircraft's should be phased out immediately.

Emirates customer review

Manchester to Christchurch via Dubai - 773ER out in Economy and had the best Economy food we have had on a plane. We are frequent flyers and this was excellent coupled with great crews and their entertainment system made a great flight. Trip back from Auckland was two A380's in Business and again we had good attentive crews and the usual level of service befitting their excellent product. Please keep up the good work re the food.

Emirates customer review

Travelling back from Bangkok on 23rd Feb our flight was scheduled to land in Dubai Airport at 00.30 local time. Due to the fog from the previous day in Dubai we were told when checking in that our flight from Bangkok would be delayed 2 hours making our departure time 22.40 instead of 20.40. When we received our boarding passes they were printed with a departure time of 00.10 meaning a delay of 3.5 hours. After 4 + hours of no updated information they called us to the gates. Eventually arrive in Dubai at around 5.30 am local time 5 hours after our scheduled arrival time. After an hour or so with very little movement in queues peoples patience began to wear thin. After 3+ hours we decided to try somewhere else in the airport for answers I eventually got on a flight at 5pm that day and arrived home around 40 hours after leaving my hotel in Bangkok. I am fast approaching 60 years have travelled all over the world using many airlines have experienced delays before but never have I encountered such lack of care.

(Brazil)

LIS-DXB-KIX. Business Class. Two different experiences: LIS-DXB: Lisbon check-in was terrible. They even charged 6 kg (over 40 ridiculous) extra weight (at Euros48 per kg). Had to queue 50 min to pay them at a special counter with unprepared and unpleasant staff. Probably a gift for my 1st trip on EK. Boarding: total mess for all classes. No smile. Food wine and staff on board extremely pleasant. Brand new B777-300ER. Nice clean. DXB-KIX the opposite: fast boarding uneatable food very regular wines and no smile from staff except 1. Planes late on departure and arrival in both cases. no free Wi-fi in DXB. ICE great anyway. Flat bed is Ok.

Emirates customer review

Emirates A380 Sydney to Auckland economy returning business using points. Excellent service although the economy breakfast left a little to be desired. Great IFE using Emirate's ICE system. All in all a pleasant experience.

Emirates customer review

Sydney - Christchurch - Sydney. The flight over was acceptable with service pretty poor only one choice left out of two for the meal only one side of the sound in my headphones for IFE worked. Seats were cramped and uncomfortable. Flight back was poor. Flight was an hour late departing although they made up a lot of that time. Staff are quite rude tending to order you around and not showing much interest in customer comfort. My seat had a great big lump in the back like a spring had come loose or something. It was very uncomfortable. I told the FA who wasn't very interested but said she'd see if anything else was available after we took off. I told her I'd like to sit with my wife and she said 'its only a couple of hours so put up with it. It was so uncomfortable I'm not sure what I would have done if it had been a longer haul. food was OK had a choice this time IFE OK.

Emirates customer review

EK842 DOH-DXB + EK075 DXB-CDG - Very disappointing flights experience with Emirates. Lounge in DOH + Boarding error in DXB + Seat broken on A380 + On board service I could not escape the unpleasant experiences. Even the cabin crew usually smiling were unpleasant on both sectors and on DXB-CDG made mistakes in bar service. My seat was broken on A380 DXB-CDG sector and didn't work at all on a fully booked flight… It's not the 1st time this year.