Emirates

Emirates customer review

PER-DXB-SEA and LHR-DXB-PER. I have flown Emirates many times now all these flights were fantastic. Departed and arrived on time service great on all flights and apart from out of Perth all meals were delicious including the best economy meal I have ever eaten on one flight.

Emirates customer review

Flight from Heathrow to Dubai very good on the A380 comfort service and entertainment all good. Changing aircraft at Dubai for Perth was appalling. Had to get 2 lifts a 6 minute train ride a 15 minute walk and then an 8 minute bus ride from the gate out to the plane and then a climb up a large flight of steps to the plane. Had no time to use the business class lounge as the transfer gate was so far from where the first leg of the journey arrived. This may have been due to all the construction going on everywhere at the airport. My advice would be to avoid Dubai if possible for at least a year until they are better organised.

(South Africa)

AMS-CPT via DXB. Easy check in at AMS and departure area spacious and good control of boarding. Had rear row to myself so able to stretch out. Transfer at DXB straightforward but does involve a fair amount of walking and a train connection. But well signed. Flight to CPT on B777. Fairly full but comfortable. Staff great as I usually find and very helpful. Special meal provided as ordered. ICE entertainment excellent. Flights arrived on time or within 30 mins of schedule.

Emirates customer review

BEY-DXB-LHR Economy. Emirates continue to set the overall bench mark. Flawless crew and aircraft all on a very well priced ticket. But the food standards have dropped dramatically or should I say the product has somewhat become much cheaper and basic. This is a pity. Food on both sectors was only edible because people were hungry. I note that Alcoholic drinks are kept generally hidden from the public eye to perhaps give the impression that they are not available. The fabulous ICE IFE has somewhat shrunk too. But again they are probably the best overall.

(New Zealand)

19th May CHC-SYD-BKK-DXB-LHR 31st May LHR-DXB-BKK-SYD-CHC. On all legs apart from DXB-LHR and LHR-DXB flew on 777-300er and on the DXB legs A380. I have to agree with others who have written about the cramped conditions imposed by the use of 3x4x3 cabin layout and the impact it has on both passenger comfort and cabin crew mobility. Of the two aircraft's I flew on I found the window seat most comfortable on the 777-300er curvature of the aircraft body interior on the A380 ate into what little legroom there was. The cabin crew for the most part was professional and good at their job however on the flight from DXB-LHR there was an issue regarding careless parents and a wilful toddler intent on roaming the aisle and not strapped in as we prepared for take off which an obviously inexperienced FA did not have the confidence to deal with. I found all food offered and on such a long series of flights there was a lot of food offered to be acceptable not amazing but acceptable and the drinks service adequate. If I asked for anything it was brought promptly and with good grace. On my return journey I had a crashing headache and had nothing to take for it in my carry-on. When asking if there was anything onboard for a headache a FA swiftly brought me two Panadol and a glass of water for which I was most grateful. I was pleasantly surprised by the hotel used for my Dubai Connect transit stop. I was taken to the Arabian Park hotel and having read some of the horror stories about the Copthorne I was pleased with my allocation. However it was not easy or clear where I was to go to at DXB to avail of the Dubai Connect offer as there is no signage for it specifically and it was trial and error that found it and not due to any help from staff at DXB. If I have any complaints at all about my flights they are mostly about some of my fellow passengers who seemed to go out of their way to make the rest of us uncomfortable and the irrational 3x4x3 cabin layouts. One of these things Emirates can change the other they can't. My final thoughts about my flights are this and one concerns the blatant disregard many of my fellow passengers had for the carry on baggage protocols. The lack of enforcement regarding carry on quotas results in overhead bins being so stuffed that some of us had no space to stow baggage of legitimate size and quantity anywhere near our seats. The other being the reliance of the IFE system to divert us from the cramped cabin conditions. Let's face it no movie is going to stop FAs bumping passengers in aisle seats or avert the ridiculous situation of a 3x4x3 cabin layout.

(New Zealand)

EK418 BKK-CHC via SYD. Fantastic as usual. Comfortable 777-300ER no issues at all. Crew were superb all the way food was exceptional and the alcohol flowed freely. ICE movies and music exceptional. Arrived on time into SYD and early into CHC. Emirates really are up there with the best of them.

Emirates customer review

I took flight EK405 from Melbourne to Singapore. My Flight was at 1800 and it departed on time. The cabin crew were very helpful and its customer service was great. The personal television was big and there was a great choice of movies. The cabin lighting was great too. I took the B777-300ER and the seating arrangement was 3-4-3. It was rather cramped but the overall experience was great and I would recommend and definitely take Emirates again.

(New Zealand)

CHC-BKK via SYD codeshare with QF. Departed Christchurch on QF138 737-800 plane full service ok food quality ok and served with a smile. Unfortunately we were seated right down the back by the toilet so after breakfast people queued beside us to use. Landed in Sydney then transferred to QF A330 to BKK. Old plane broken seat great crew made up for it. I don't understand why Emirates has joined up with Qantas the Emirates experience is far superior to what Qantas can offer.

Emirates customer review

I flew on 777s from Sydney to Bangkok to Dubai to Geneva. Nice food and good entertainment. The first two legs were full planes and the service suffered because of it. The staff were pretty scarce for much of these flights but they were responsive if you managed to get their attention. I thought it a bit unprofessional that they were often chatting and laughing at the back of the plane while the poor people sitting back there tried to sleep. On the last leg the plane was only half full and the service much better. But at least 20 screens weren't working at all - luckily there were lots of other empty seats to move to.

Emirates customer review

LHR-DXB-LHR. First flight on the Emirates A380. Compared to B777 seats were wider but legroom felt the same. Flight was quieter and smoother than B777. Check in in LHR was good with no queuing and friendly staff. Check-in in DXB no so good 20 minute queue with certain locals known to Airline staff being allowed to jump queue. Check in agent did not smile once. Boarding on both flights very efficient with no queuing or crowding on aircraft or airbridge. Service on outbound flight no so good no drinks served until after meal only one trolley drink service and no breakfast or food before early morning 6.30am arrival. Long wait for trays to be collected. Service on return better with drinks service before and after meal and light afternoon staff. Again long wait for trays to be cleared. Adequate number of toilets on flights with no significant queuing. In flight entertainment superb with good quality screen let down by poor control sensitivity.