Emirates

Emirates customer review

EK 088 ZRH-DXB 17th July 2014 Airbus A380. What a difference to the B777ER. Wider seats and more legroom plus a big TV screen. ICE worked to a treat and can keep you entertained on these long haul flights. DBX-BNE B777ER. Cabin crew were attentive on both flights but food offered was nothing to write home about. Will fly Emirates again but try to get on the A380 first even if I have to go via Sydney or Melbourne to Europe.

Emirates customer review

I did the long haul from Gatwick-Dubai-Bangkok-Sydney in economy for all but one leg when I was in business class. I tried to upgrade the other sections five times over three weeks and was given the run around each time including at the airport three hours before departure. Turns out the plane was full on every leg so they could have saved me time and angst. The crew in economy looked unhappy without exception and were overworked and brusque. Seat comfort was what you could expect - but narrow seats made sleeping very hard. Luckily my fellow travellers were sanguine about the heat stuffiness and general mayhem. Not an experience I want to repeat especially after they lost our bags.

Emirates customer review

27 June 2014 HYD-DXB EK 529. 28 June 2014 DXB-HYD EK 203. I have been travelling EK between US and India since 2011. One of the best aspects of EK is that they keep changing their products which makes the passenger experience exciting. This time it was a whole new experience on the A380 between DXB-JFK: the food is simply superb the presentation style has changed - better trays and plates a mini-snack bar with crackers and dips food quality and quantity are great the ICE continues to exceed my expectations and it was lovely to watch it on ipad style 12 inch HD screens with a smooth-touch screen remote! The flight between HYD-DXB on B777-200LR was good older IFEs even with 3-4-3 seat configuration it was comfortable [I am 5'5] but the food was simply excellent! I love the fact that EK gives a hot towel lime water [on flights between DXB and India] a menu card and stainless cutlery for Economy. However it would be nice if the flight attendants could learn to smile more but they always seem to be in a hurry. Overall EK is the most enjoyable way to fly!

(New Zealand)

Flew economy with my wife Sydney to Dubai 17 July and Dubai to Barcelona 18 July. Both flights flawless. Food definitely edible trays cleared away promptly tea and coffee served after the meal when the trays were being collected. Drink runs every hour or so. Snacks available at each galley during flights. Arrival into Barcelona nearly an hour early but only downside was that baggage took some time to arrive on the carousel. Inflight entertainment superb with huge selection of movies and TV programmes.

Emirates customer review

Flying from Hong Kong back to the UK on flight EK383 on Thursday 17 July our flight was delayed due to bad weather for four hours some time was made up and arrived in Dubai and the flight EK021 to Manchester was still boarding. Told our seats had been re allocated the result - a five hour wait in Dubai waiting for the next flight. Emirates had jumped the gun so to speak. Why?

(Oman)

Return Biz class ticket purchased with EK from Muscat to Beijing. On arrival at DXB airport following the flight from Beijing with a 3 hour wait - barred from using the EK Business lounges in Dubai and told that as it is a code share on the last sector (EK ticket) I would not be able to use the Emirates facilities at Dubai airport but must instead use Oman Air! Staff on the business lounge desk most unhelpful. Following a very long walk through DXB airport to terminal 1 no Oman air lounge was found so option was Gulf Air - who (unlike Emirates airline ground staff) were extremely helpful and friendly! Note for the future - avoid flying Emirates business class if possible!

Emirates customer review

EK161 DXB to DUB on 16 July and EK384 DXB to BKK on 17 June. We still look forward to a decent experience on Emirates that I have read about here on airlinequality.com. Interestingly people I have recently spoken to have also shared negative experiences on Emirates - I guess we have just been unlucky. Inconsistency is clearly a problem. Some of our sectors were on Qantas and we found the service to be of a much higher standard on Qantas and they were also more family friendly than Emirates. Ultimately we don't have massive expectations in terms of service in economy on any airline but Emirates service was dismissive at times rude and you had to beg for basics like water. I travel on a variety of airlines for work and the Emirates service was similar to that of a very bad US airline. Anyway we arrived intact with all luggage accounted for so not all bad. Would avoid if possible in the future.

(Hong Kong)

QF10 for LHR-DXB connecting to EK380 from DXB-HKG. For the second part of my flight the Emirates A380 experience is just slightly overrated. To start with you could tell that some of the cabin crew were experienced and some were just very new to their job one tried to help a passenger climb over two seats for a toilet run during meal service but were quite clumsy when she dropped the tray of food entirely spilling everything on the aisle. Nevertheless it was evident that the cabin crew tried very hard to impress. What was annoying was the amount of commercials they had on their video screens - other airlines just have safety demonstration videos prior to takeoff but theirs include videos on Dubai the ICE entertainment and skyawards which was slightly unnecessary. The food quality wasn't as good as what was offered aboard Qantas but was still satisfactory. Even if Emirates have been praised over and over again I think it still needs to improve its service consistency and still is not in the same league with airlines such as CX and SQ.

Emirates customer review

Brisbane - Auckland return on A380. Used online check-in both ways and service was great. Completed bag drop very quickly and efficiently in both directions. This was my first return flight Bris-Auck on their A380. Had travelled Dubai/Heathrow Auck/Bris prior to this. Not disappointed. Flight time a lot quicker than 777 and A340 previously used on this route. Boarding was as quick as the smaller aircraft. In the past I have avoided seats in front of the bulkhead however found. Row 50 has plenty of space to recline which avoids disputes with the passenger behind and also gets you off the aircraft quicker.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

Emirates customer review

We have traveled 8 international legs with Emirates in the past 16 months so we have had a good opportunity to check out this airline. It is our experience that they are so focused on their business and first class customers that they do not care about economy despite the huge number of passengers that they cram into economy seating. Food takes so long to be served to economy customer that if you are seated towards the back it is cold once it eventually arrives. It is also our experience that you can expect to have you dinner tray on your tray table for at least on hour after you have finished. Service other than for meals is almost non existent and economy is severely understaffed. Legs out of Dubai to Sydney are particularly bad and the check in processes in Dubai simply terrible - long queues and slow processing. Inflight movies limited. Every time we have flown from Dubai to Sydney there has been a huge hassle with our seating despite having booked our seats months in advance. One time my husband and I were not seated together despite having been allocated seating together - they gave our seats to a sporting group. It is our opinion that this airline does not care about economy class customers. We have flown with many other airlines so have a good idea of the basic standard that one would expect in economy and in our opinion Emirates does not meet event the most basic standard.