Emirates

(Thailand)

Flight EK 385 from Hong Kong to Bangkok on Feb 15th 2014. The flight left and arrived on time. The food and beverage was OK except coffee and tea was not served due to time constraints. IFE and seat was good.

Emirates customer review

BHX to CMB and back. The first flight to CMB was awful we had to wait 2 hours more then expected I had a baby and my son with me and they did not offer my children any meals or food for the whole flight. My son was upset because he did not receive the small backpack with colouring pencils and a colouring book (which you normally get for kids). The return flight however was pleasant we did get food this time and the crew was friendly! We paid enough money for the ticket so I hope next time will be a lot better on both flights.

(Japan)

Flew Manchester to Tokyo Haneda with transit in Dubai. Both planes 777. Was very happy to be upgraded from business to first between MAN and DXB. The free car service to/from airport was excellent. EK's lounge at MAN is world class - a full free buffet restaurant and excellent showers with full hotel style towel pack on request. The business lounge at DXB also very good: full free buffet restaurant service. Quite full but so many seats that there was no problem in finding somewhere comfortable to sit. MAN-DXB: service in almost empty first cabin was exceptional with stunning food and extremely comfortable private seat. DXB-HND: business seats a tad narrow but long offering a fair degree of privacy and slept well with the additional mattress provided. Food and service both extremely good. Plane was a little old and sad and would have benefited from small repairs and adjustments to fittings but everything worked and was very clean. I fly EK reasonably often but can always find new content on the excellent ICE AV system. The Emirates' Saver Business ticket represented extremely good value even without the upgrade to first several hundred pounds cheaper than European carriers with the plus of free car service included.

Emirates customer review

Flew BKK-SYD on Feb 7th. Business class lounge closed for refurbishment. Very shocked at the low standard of the substitute Qantas lounge - extremely average. Cheap wine and almost no food. Business class cabin was full. Dinner service on overnight flight was average. No amenities kit on 9+ hour overnight flight. Surprisingly second rate IFE - no comparison with premium routes. Breakfast was continental - it consisted of fruit dry croissant and coffee. Overall this was an extremely average experience. The seats are fine so great for sleeping but the service and product beyond that are non-existent.

Emirates customer review

DMM-DXB and DXB-LAX. DMM-LAX: flight attendants look as if they don't want to be there delayed flight due to late turn around of the plane. A general sense of being disorganized. Good: ICE system and fruit meal for an hour flight. DXB airport is too crowded just too many people. DXB-LAX: full flight with very little service throughout. Only one drinks service call light largely ignored. Food was poor and service was an eternity only one full meal. Snacks were not served. Seats are uncomfortable. Good: few FAs were attentive toilets were clean and ICE system was good. Overall: not a good flight. I'm not looking forward to my return flight.

Emirates customer review

Flew a 777 Adelaide-Dubai-Istanbul - Reasonable service but very slow. The A380 return flight Amsterdam-Dubai - service was shocking. We had finished our entrée and were still waiting for a glass of wine! We had finished our main course and were still waiting for a glass of wine. I will never fly Emirates again. We went Emirates because they fly direct from Adelaide and they were a ONE WORLD affiliate but next time we go overseas (Europe in June 2015) we will go to Sydney or Melbourne and fly Qantas!

(New Zealand)

Auckland-Melbourne-Dubai-Amsterdam. I wasn't really convinced about the quality of the airline. The good things were the in-flight entertainment and the food. However service was very poor with flight attendants not really knowing what they're doing. Disorganised team of 20-30 year olds. Will definitely choose Singapore Airlines or one of the other Asian carriers again next time!

Emirates customer review

Business class BKK to SYD - I felt like I was inconveniencing the flight attendant. The food was very ordinary but it was the service that was woeful. The flight attendant allocated to our seats was rude whenever we asked for anything. No comfort kit. My tray of food was taken away that quickly and with that little eye contact that it was not possible to ask for another drink. SYD to BKK was acceptable but not as good as it was a few years ago.

Emirates customer review

Ek419 SYD-DXB 25/11/13. EK005 DXB-LHR 29/11/13. Ek026 GLA-DXB 13/1/14. EK412 DXB-SYD 14/1/14. Very poor service. Glasgow to Sydney: It was 3 hours before they offered the first drink I was thirsty so asked for a drink before take off after that I was still thirsty so I pressed my button for assistance but no one came. It wasn't until after the meals came around 3 hours into the flight that I got offered a drink. The breakfast options were both egg options so if you don't like egg you are not getting a meal.

Emirates customer review

Flew from Mumbai to JFK via Dubai on February 4th this year in coach/economy. The cabin crew seemed very disinterested. The seat was broken and I had to repair it myself on the Mumbai to Dubai (Flt 509) leg of the journey. The overnight portion of the trip (Dubai to JFK Flt 203) was very unpleasant principally due to the over abundance of passengers traveling with young children who screamed the entire flight. It was impossible to read or watch a movie. The flight attendants simply didn't want to be bothered.