El Al Israel Airlines

El Al Israel Airlines customer review

CDG-TVL-FCO. CDG-TLV on B777. Aircraft reasonably new and IFE acceptable though not brilliant. Long boarding delays due to what seemed like poor organisation and passengers not following instructions. Econony class was reasonably comfortable. Food not bad. TLV-FCO on an old B737 IFE limited and quite poor and seats were not as comfortable as the B777. The service was reasonable and security whilst thorough and overbearing was not as bad as I had thought that it would be.

El Al Israel Airlines customer review

I did not enjoy my flights from JFK-TLV-JFK. The meals were OK lack of legroom was appalling. The IFE was passable but nothing on demand just a few movies on a cycle. El Al is too permissive with the amount of carry-on luggage permitted. But the big problem is the passengers who treat the aircraft like a city park wandering the aisles clustering in conversation groups to the point of ignoring the crew’s instructions. El Al needs to enforce some decorum. Crew did their best to smile but seemed to have given up on any hope of more civility. Nice snacks in the galley throughout the flight.

El Al Israel Airlines customer review

Bangkok to Tel Aviv. Very old aircraft dirty and many features/items not working. Entertainment system appalling still projecting movies onto bulkhead screen and only radio options in seat. Too much cabin baggage allowed. Food surprisingly good although no frills like other carriers. Sparing with water but available on request. Lots of children on board so all bulkhead bassinets taken. Cabin crew did their best generally cheerful and accommodating. Long flight time but didn't have too many options to get to Tel Aviv was also expensive for economy class ticket. TLV security measures - be prepared and stay calm!

El Al Israel Airlines customer review

Airplane dated and small seats but crew friendly. Breakfast good other meals fair to poor. At airport in NYC I was interrogated and my companion taken in a private room and his bags searched. Fine with us - I feel safer.

El Al Israel Airlines customer review

Johannesburg to Tel Aviv on Boeing 767. Old aircraft narrow seats small food portions and tasteless. No beer or wine served. A budget airline with expensive airfares - never again.

El Al Israel Airlines customer review

I have been flying El Al since 1968 but the last trip was the worst. The seats are smaller than most airlines and my seat was next to the galley the noise and smells were horrible. Instead of the advertised dinner meal- they have switched it to just a sandwich - either egg or chicken smothered in peppers. Flight attendents were actually very rude and sarcastic and informed me Israelis eat their meal at lunch - assuming no one else flies this airline - and they said breakfast was better - horrible also. After 40 years of flying El Al I was so surprised - they always had great food and extra if you requested it. I did send a complaint letter and they called me and said they are trying this now because they do cater to Israelis and they like egg sandwiches for dinner. They said maybe they will "Sell" food - well after paying about $1300 they will give you a sandwich and hope you buy the better food?

El Al Israel Airlines customer review

TLV-LAX-TLV. Extremely poor service for unaccompanied minors. Despite having paid the 75 USD unaccompanied minor fee (150 USD roundtrip) at the point of origin the agent at the check-in counter at LAX forced my children to pay it again on the return trip. This despite the fact that the airline record which I later obtained clearly showed the fee was paid round trip. The refund procedure has been another nightmare. Upon arrival at TLV the employee who was supposed to escort my children to the arrivals area released them without asking to see my ID and without requiring a signature. Very sloppy indeed.

El Al Israel Airlines customer review

Los Angeles to Tel Aviv direct flight business class on a 777. The seats do not recline to 180 degrees friendly staff and personal tvs. I agree the security is invasive during the check in process but in today's world I welcome it!

(New Zealand)

Bangkok to Tel Aviv. After the friendly attentive Thai service from Melbourne to Bangkok El Al was a stark contrast. The security at Bangkok was excessive. I appreciate the need for tight security but only non-Jewish/Israelis were cross-examined. The guy doing the questioning was rude. I was made to wait for about half an hour then taken to a downstairs room - with no explanation of what was happening. My bags and shoes were taken into a separate room for inspection. I felt the entire time that I was a criminal. Onboard the flight was totally packed and the FA's did the bare minimum. I didn't get my vegetarian meal - but luckily the breakfast meal was vegetarian (kosher) and quite tasty. I will avoid flying EL AL at all costs in the future.

El Al Israel Airlines customer review

The check-in security procedure is far too invasive including asking to see photographs on my camera itinerary on my laptop receipts etc. I understand the need for security but looking at personal photographs and items on my laptop is beyond ridiculous. The onboard service is mediocre food below mediocre and the quality of aircraft is below average - on two 6+ hour international flights we were subject to viewing in-flight entertainment on projection screens at the front of each section of the aircraft. My luggage was left in Tel Aviv even though there was a 5 hour layover.