Top 100 Airlines

El Al Israel Airlines

"staff very attentive and friendly"

(Austria)

Verified Review | A very nice experience overall flying from Tel Aviv to Vienna. Flight was on time, security process and boarding very smooth. Cabin staff very attentive and friendly. Seat comfort okay, leg room was average like on any other mid-range flight. No personal IFE but a movie was screened in the overhead monitors. Aperitif with a snack and a hot meal (two choices, very delicious for airplane food) were served. I chose them because the ticket was more than 100 Euros cheaper than Austrian Airlines for the same route, next time I will chose them for the quality I have experienced.
RouteTLV to VIE
Date FlownMay 2016

El Al Israel Airlines customer review

New York JFK to Tel Aviv with El Al - I recommend flying with another airline if you plan flying in economy class. The seats on El Al have no legroom and the recline is sometimes broken (when I asked for help with my seat they said they can't do anything). The kosher food is not bad and they are usually on time, however the staff are not always friendly.
RouteJFK to TLV
Date FlownJune 2015

"bunch of reluctant staff"

Tel Aviv to Mumbai. Israel is an amazing country with some of the most beautiful places in the world. Unfortunately El Al Israel Airlines is nowhere close. While the flight is normally ontime, you are welcomed by a bunch of reluctant staff who are not only rude but adamant of their politeness. They are unwilling to help. The planes are old, staff at the check in counter are not interested in helping passengers and only want to fleece guests for excess baggage. The food on the flight was inedible on my flights in and out of Israel. They are lucky to have business from almost 90% of their guests only because they fly direct.
RouteTLV to BOM
Date FlownOctober 2015

"experiences so horrendous"

My last few experiences with El Al have been so horrendous. On two separate occasions (our flight from NY to Israel, and now our flight from Israel to Bangkok), El Al have "mysteriously" cancelled our reservation and told us that we were on Standby. The first time for no reason. And the second time when I tried to use my credit card they said that because it was a foreign credit card (American Express) they needed further authorization, i.e. passport pictures, credit card images, a form, etc. We sent all of that in. And then got confirmation that we were all set. Even got a confirmation email. Now, a day before our flight they're telling us that they don't have any reservation for us and that if we want to book a flight the same flight, it's going to cost us an extra $800. Are you kidding me?? I'm sorry - for all the things Israel is good at, it's an embarrassment to have an airline that operates like this.
RouteTLV to BKK
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"flight from hell"

Tel Aviv to Newark with El Al, and to put it mildly, this was the flight from hell! The worst part was we could not get into a restroom because a certain passengers needed to perform a religious ritual on the plane and were allowed to congregate in the aisle and block other passengers from using the bathroom. When we could eventually access the restroom. There was no toilet paper, soap or paper towels. Flight attendants did not came through the cabin once to offer anything (including water) for many hours. They have antiquated entertainment and no wifi. We did not hear anything from the pilot - no acknowledgement or words of welcome, or assurance when going through some fairly severe turbulence.
RouteTLV to EWR
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"thanks to this young man"

(Israel)

After an uneventful El Al flight from Zurich to Tel Aviv on 13th January, a young member of the crew seeing my great difficulty to walk (I am 86), ordered the buggy for me! As I was sitting waiting, he even came to check whether I had been fetched, and called again. Again, all my thanks to this young man.
RouteZRH to TLV
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"experience was very good"

Tel Aviv to Luton with El Al. Excellent flight, lots of leg room in business and comfortable seat for 5 hour flight. Aircraft was clean and tidy and departed on time. Breakfast was served on this flight which was OK, service was reasonable although the drinks service was pretty sparse. Inflight entertainment was via overhead screens which is pretty dated by today's standards on a full fare airline. In view of this used my iPad although I think El Al has some form of iPad app for entertainment but didn't use it. Arrived in Luton virtually on time, bags collected in quick time too, overall the experience with El Al was very good and the business class seats and space are far superior to BA for example. I would definately fly El Al again even in economy , as we did on the way out from the UK.
RouteTLV to LTN
Date FlownDecember 2015

"they left my bags behind"

London to Tel Aviv return on El Al.After 3 hours of security checks at the airport I had almost 6 hours of screaming kids all around me. The airlines count was 35 kids all in the same section. Jumping, running, screaming. On top of that El Al had the kindness of informing me mid flight that they left my bags behind. No explanation, the bags are not lost they were left behind! Amazing airline, the entertainment system is from the 80's where we all can watch the same movie on the overhead, and the service is overwhelmed with requests from people asking for parents to control their kids! This happened to me on both flights - there and on the way back to London.
RouteLHR to TLVB

"thankfully slept"

New York (JFK) to Tel Aviv on El AL. I thankfully slept for 7 of the 12 hour flight. This was fortunate as someone in the row behind us kept swatting my seat mate on the head and thumping on the back of her seat. This in turn resulted in multiple visits by the flight crew to intercede. Food wasn't bad. Seat the usual cramped economy. Entertainment limited.
RouteJFK to TLV
Date FlownNovember 2015

"only passenger in First class"

Tel Aviv to New York JFK with El Al in first class. King David Club at TLV was very nice with large selection of pastries and breakfast items. I was the only passenger in First class and was treated like royalty by the crew. The seats are 2-2-2 without aisle access for the window seat if full there is room to exit from the window seat stepping over the passenger next to you. The seat otherwise was comfortable. The highlight was the amazing array of Israeli/Meditteranean food served for breakfast and lunch/dinner, served with attentive and friendly service. It was the best food I have eaten on First/Business of any airline. Only limitation was the somewhat outdated IFE though on this plane it was at least VOD.
Cabin FlownFirst Class