El Al Israel Airlines

"The food is inedible"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Flew Paris to Tel Aviv. Check in located at the poorest part of CDG at 2A far from the gates and security. King David lounge is no more than poor, embarrassing, old and spartanice. The food is inedible. The 737-900 configuration is 2x2 with full business service but do not expect a full bed like in the 787 or 777 that El Al operate. The Air crew were very good as usual – that’s the best part of El Al, although issues with hand luggage - the aircraft was full and ground team were very soft - this causes 30 min delays as they had to take down lots of luggage from the cabin.
RouteParis CDG to Tel Aviv
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"super professional and nice team"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Flew Tel Aviv to Rome. Flying business in single aisle aircraft in Europe is usually getting the same seats but without the middle seat occupied. On El Al you get 2x2 configuration with nice business seats and full business service. The seats are hard and manual but its dramatically better vs other options. The service on this flight was nothing beside perfect. Warm welcome, super professional and nice team. Really can be a top service in any airline.
AircraftBoeing 737-900ER
RouteTel Aviv to Rome
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"No lounge for business class"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Munich to Tel Aviv. We can even start before explaining the check in and security process for El AL in Munich, which is the most complicated and unfriendly. Its start in Terminal 1 (the old one in the Airport), then goes to check in K. this check is located after the parking area. At the beginning you think you are lost. But that’s the direction. Then you arrive to the separated terminal dedicated to ElAl. No lounge for business class, slow check in and security, no shops or proper drinks (small kiosk with basic things). Flight with a friendly and professional air crew but who will remember that after the long long way to this terrible terminal.
RouteMunich to Tel Aviv
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"El Al has the worst service"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | I have never been that much disappointed at a flight company. El Al has the worst service, worst meals, and worst manners i have never seen. I flew from Newark to Tel Aviv on the 28/12/2017 on the flight that is supposed to take off at 19h45. Although I booked 2 tickets when made the reservation, I was not even sitting next to my fiance. We asked to have the places changed, and a rude lady told me the flight was full and she could not do anything for us, then when boarding she actually changed my fiance's seat to a more far away place. Once in the airplane, we discovered all seats were mixed up and everyone was trying to change seats and it was a big mess, we had more than an hour delay on the aircraft because people were being off boarded and their luggage needed to be found in the hold. We could not sleep in the plane because everyone was standing and even before we land the captain was begging the passengers to seat because they were already waiting with their suitcases. Last surprise was finding my luggage broken with things missing and my padlock disappeared with the zip. When going to the claiming counter at the airport, the lady told me that the zip was not included in the insurance, and she could not do anything for me.
AircraftBoing 787-9
RouteNewark to Tel Aviv
Date FlownDecember 2017

"value for money"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Tel Aviv to Johannesburg. Fantastic service, as a gold member, speedy check in, brilliant King David lounge at TLV, with much choice. Roomy, comfortable seat, punctual flight, good service. Staff were friendly and helpful, food excellent. Excellent value for money. Only drawback that the plane is old, but it was very clean, and was kept tidy during the flight.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteTel Aviv to Johannesburg
Date FlownOctober 2017

"will never use services from El Al"

Trip Verified | Boston to Tel Aviv. I will never use services from El Al and I won't recommend this company to anyone. On my way back home from Tel Aviv to Boston our flight was delayed 6 hours. We had to spend all night on the floor with a 10 month old baby. I was told by the company that we were going to compensated but it's been 4 months and I didn't even receive an apology. Very unprofessional!
RouteBoston to Tel Aviv
Date FlownAugust 2017

"they treated me horribly"

Trip Verified | Boston to Tel Aviv. When checking I was the 5th one in line to get my boarding pass and pass through security I understand you get questioned for security purposes but I was standing for 2 hours getting questioned one after another that’s all because on my US passport it said My nationality said I’m Kazakhstan - they treated me horribly and were so rude and made a huge problem on why I’m flying from Boston and not New York. I honestly don’t see why you can treat an innocent person like this! So finally I pass security after 2hrs of being questioned and got in line to get on airplane. So while boarding they asked me to come aside and into this security room and I asked the guy if there was a problem he rudely replied yes we do have a problem and told me I was supposed to be here at 730 and shut the door. I was never told to go anywhere after waiting for so long - in security room they check my bag and asked to check me id. So when I finally arrive to Israel when. Walk-in out after I had my luggage they made me walk through security all over again nothing was upsetting as this you have ruined my whole trip made it stressful to come to Israel and fly back home, how much tears I have shed to just come visit my sister who had been living in Israel since 2012 and see my friend on her wedding day.
RouteBoston to Tel Aviv
Date FlownOctober 2017

"good part was the cabin crew"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Paris CDG to Tel Aviv, leaving CDG at 22:30. The boarding was a mess as unfortunately it happened many time in El Al. It started late, no clear row for Business vs Economy, no priority for business or seats location, boarding all the aircraft in one call including wheelchairs. Security after gate and right before the aircraft was a mess as well. The good part was the cabin crew (professional with very good service at business) and the full flat bed in the aircraft for this night flight.
RouteParis CDG to Tel Aviv
Date FlownNovember 2017

"so many technical problems in one flight"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | I love the 767 as its not super big and for sure offers a better flight experience than the 737 all versions El Al offer to Paris. The economy is 2x3x2 so the windows seats are preferred by far from the middle one. I choose Economy + which offers a few more cm in space and a welcome kit including a bottle of water, basic amenity kit and basically that’s it. Same seats and same food as economy. The aircraft looked ok and yes we know it's an old one but first impression was ok. Then came the second impression. Many technical problems with the entertainment system during the flight so basically after 3-4 times the crew reset the system, they told us – we will not have sound today during the flight and we are sorry. In addition the reading lights were on all flight as they couldn't turn it off. The crew were ok and nice, but so many technical problems in one flight was not easy for them as well.
AircraftBoeing 767-300ER
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteTel Aviv to Paris CDG

"Service was superb"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | I flew business class to fly the night flight from Milan to Tel Aviv with El Al Israel Airlines. It leaves Milan at 23.00 and arrive at 04.00am, for those hours I don’t see any other option than the business class. The 7373-900 ER is a new aircraft with free WIFI built in and the entertainment system also uses internal wifi – Dream Stream. The seats are 2X2 =as domestic business seats – better that what other European airlines offer. The seat is hard but still not a real business class seat. Service was superb and very nice crew.
AircraftBoeing 737-900ER