Egyptair

"issue with entertainment program"

(Egypt)

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Cairo. Counter Opened 2 hours before kicking off in one of the most crowded airports in the world (Istanbul). Many people were lined up and waiting so when counter opened there was a conflict which cause more latency. Plane had an issue with entertainment program.
RouteIstanbul to Cairo
Date FlownJuly 2018

"very pleasantly surprised"

Trip Verified | Cairo to London. I haven't flown Egyptair in over 10 years and from all the online reviews I wasn't expecting much. However, I was very pleasantly surprised to see how much the airline has improved. A very new aircraft, with excellent legroom in economy class compared to many other European airlines. Inflight entertainment was adequate for a 5 hour flight but not any longer. Food was excellent but it was the cabin crew that made the flight very pleasant; they couldn't do enough.
RouteCairo to London

"unprofessional and discriminatory"

(Tunisia)

Trip Verified | Cairo to Tunis. A disappointing Egyptair flight. During Ramadan only snacks are served during daytime hours, this is unprofessional and discriminatory for non-Muslim travellers. The crew tried to make it up by offering me 3 sandwiches but it was overall a negative experience.
RouteCairo to Tunis
Date FlownMay 2018

"Plane at least 30 years old"

(Tunisia)

Trip Verified | Flew Egyptair from Baghdad to Cairo. Plane at least 30 years old, Airbus 320. It still had ashtrays and the display called the Baghdad airport "Saddam International", the pre-2003 name. I suppose this plane had been used to fly the route in the 80s. Worst was that during Ramadan they kind of force passengers to fast by offering only sandwiches, the standard hot meal is only offered after fast breaking at sunset. It's ok for Muslim travellers but it shows they don't care about non-Muslim flyers. Luggage allowance was generous as the 23 kg rule per bag was not implemented. I checked in 27 kg but I wont be using them again during Ramadan.
RouteBaghdad to Cairo
Date FlownMay 2018

"Worst experience I've had"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Johannesburg via Cairo. Used Egyptian for a return trip. We choose the airline as it was cheaper. I guess you get what you pay. All 4 flights I took the cabin crew were not friendly at all and always being difficult. Some of them are so pulled up like it's an effort for them to do their job. Going from South Africa to Cairo I noticed a guy asking one of the airhostess for water, she was so rude and said can you be patient and let me do my job. I assumed something must have happened earlier hence she was being difficult. I experienced the same thing on my return trip it was a late flight and 4 year old wanted water as he has water before he sleeps. I asked one of the airhostess could I have a glass of water for my son. She walked up and down 3 or 4 times with newspapers and handing other people food and then bringing my special food yet again without water. It took her an hour to bring me a glass if water. This was really annoying especially for a 4 year old child to wait for water. Besides the service most of the seats were broken. My seat was always going back in the upright position on the return flight as well but after the water situation it was of no use complaining to the rude crew. Hopefully I don't have to fly again with them. Outbound flight from South Africa to cairo no entertainment as well. Worst experience I've had on a flight.
RouteIstanbul to Johannesburg via Cairo
Date FlownApril 2018

"impressed by the crew"

Trip Verified | I flew Egyptair on March 3rd, 2018 on the overnight flight from Heathrow to Cairo. The flight took off on time and landed in Cairo slightly ahead of schedule. As it was an over night flight there was not much in flight service, however overall I was impressed by the crew and their willingness to assist when called upon. The aircraft was new and clean.
AircraftBoeing 737 NG
RouteLondon Heathrow to Cairo
Date FlownMarch 2018

"This airline impressed me2

Trip Verified | Cairo to Luxor. This airline impressed me. Sure, I only flew domestic, but you get an insight into their ground operation. It is truly impeccable. Flights on time, smooth procedures, very good amenities at lounge for domestic flight. Terminal 3 at CAI is up to current global standards. FA’s were friendly and spoke good English. Seats comfortable, plane was not the newest but cabin kept in excellent condition. Snacks provided. This airline seems a great option for travel to or within Egypt, and also as a gateway for Asian/African/Middle East from Europe or some American destinations (or the other way round). Consider flying them.
AircraftEmbraer 170
RouteCairo to Luxor
Date FlownMarch 2018

"not be flying Egyptair again"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Johannesburg to Munich via Cairo. I am aware of cheap and affordable flying, which is what Egyptair provides, however I was not aware that service and in-flight service would be cheap too. The flight attendants were unfriendly to me as a woman, which is unacceptable. I am muslim, but not practicing because I choose not to. However, these men choose to greet my partner when it was me who initially spoke to them, thereafter they belittle me and don't want to look me in the eye and assist me for whatever reason or request I had. I understand that everyone has certain beliefs, but don't let that interfere with the service is provided and the business run. Despite the staff being sexist, there were inconsistencies in the aircraft too: one had modern tv screens playing the latest movies, the next hadn't been cleaned in a long while and had rickety sometimes completely broken seats and/or no tv's whereby to remain entertained, the food was the same each time I flew (which was return). I will not be flying Egyptair again nor will I recommend them, not matter how cheap the fare.
RouteJohannesburg to Munich via Cairo
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"never use this airline again"

Trip Verified | My partner and I flew return from London to Johannesburg via Cairo over Christmas and would never use this airline again. It started with a two hour delay, with no information available on why or for how long- nor any apologies- even from the pilot. Security was chaotic at check in. Although vegetarian meals were ordered for one party when purchasing the flights, non were allocated and took two different counter visits at Heathrow to rectify their mistake. One breakfast was a plate of grated carrots? All we wanted was sit down and enjoy a drink to celebrate the long saving up for this holiday only to find out this airline only serves soft drinks as ‘health and safety’? Two tiny cups were given in a four hour flight and no crew seen in between. Chaotic boarding again on return trip with long unnecessary queues. Pointed out the filthy toilets as we boarded but no action was taken. The trip ended with waiting over 2hours for our luggage. Just terrible.
RouteLondon to Johannesburg via Cairo
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"never do this mistake again"

Trip Verified | Madina to London via Cairo. Worst cabin staff, asked three times for the blanket but never provided. Staff seems really don’t want to do their job. Actually the staff need to learn some manners, flight is going to London and hardly any crew can speak English. Will never do this mistake again.
RouteMadina to London via Cairo