Best Cabin Crew

Egyptair

"do not recommend airline "

Flew Egyptair and the flight was almost empty from Bangkok to Jakarta. The check-in staff were helpful. The economy cabin was not clean and I could still see a lot of rubbish from the previous flight. The cabin crew were unfriendly and rude. They did not welcome passengers entering the aircraft. The food was served very quickly. I only had 5 minutes to enjoy my foods and suddenly the cabin crew just took back my unfinished food without asking if I was ready or not. The price for Bangkok to Jakarta sector was OK for the full service airline, in comparison with other airlines which offer the route. I do not recommend this airline and will not book flights with them in the future.
RouteBKK to CGK
Date FlownDecember 2015

"service attentive and cheerful"

Cairo to London Heathrow, and Egyptair looks as though it might be beginning to get its act together. Check-in at Cairo was very quick and efficient. The business class lounges were however very crowded, and not at all relaxing. Cabin service was attentive and cheerful. The quality of the food is improving but there is still a long way to go before it is comparable to 4 star airlines. Still no announcements from the flight deck.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteCAI to LHR

"a terrible experience"

Egyptair flight from Toronto to Dubai via Cairo on December 28 was a terrible experience. There was an initial delay where we were told that there was a malfunction on the plane. Then 2 hours later the flight was cancelled with no or minimum announcement. No crew members were available to answer questions nor they did have answers. The flight was re-booked for the next day, and was set to arrive on the 31st at 3am. I had an appointment on the 30th that I needed to get to so I asked to talk to customer service. This was another terrible experience as the constant answer I was given was 'no I can't do that'. I believe that Egyptair needs to change its attitude towards issues regarding cancelled flights. Please avoid, as if something goes wrong, you are on your own.
RouteYYZ to DXB via CAI
Date FlownDecember 2015

"cheaper than the competition"

Abuja to Cairo. I've flown Egyptair numerous times and they are good value, offer a 46kg baggage allowance in economy and are much cheaper than the competition. Best thing is that few Egyptair flights are full so you often have a row to yourself, and there is plenty of food on board. It's a state carrier so some staff are not trained up like in Europe but I always found them helpful. I never lost a bag or missed a connection. Yes there is no alcohol and the entertainment system is pathetic in economy class. Just bring a good book.
RouteABV to CAI

"a nice surprise"

(Spain)

I was a little skeptical before flying Egyptair but it was a nice surprise. The flight from Cairo to Barcelona was great, staff was professional and kind. Great choice of food on offer. I tried and absolutely delicious beef stew. The plane was half empty so I got a nice nap in the back.
RouteCAI to BCN

"the cabin staff great"

I reckon most reviews are done after negative experiences. But I have recently flown both Business and Economy with Egyptair, both on 6-hour flights on different routes (Cairo to London). The seating in both was far more comfortable and spacious than BA, the food excellent, and the cabin staff great. They also have good entertainment systems and a wide up-to-date choice of films. Also very good value in economy. I have a feeling this is a very underestimated airline, and I will fly them as preference again.
RouteCairo to London
Date FlownDecember 2015

"staff were pleasant and helpful"

Egyptair from London to Cairo. Departed 30 minutes late but made up the time en-route. The cabin staff were pleasant and helpful. The food was pretty average. Two negatives : first, no announcements from the flight deck were provided, and on arrival a large number of economy passengers invaded the business class section before any business class passengers had de-planed. It was a complete shambles.
RouteLHR to CAI
Date FlownDecember 2015

"deleted my return flights"

(Ghana)

10 hrs late leaving Accra, missed connection in Cairo, changed route to Yangon and in the process (without informing me), and Egyptair deleted all my return flights. Despite having the tickets in my hand not allowed to board the flight home. Left stranded in Yangon and Egyptair are now saying I have to purchase another flight to get home - no compensation for tickets they accidentaly deleted from their system when they chose to re-route the flight here, or for extra hotel costs or stress or anything. Any airline that messes up so badly they leave their passengers stranded in a foreign nation is best avoided. When they won't even let you on the flight paid for, the rating for everything is 0.
RouteACC to YGN via CAI
Date FlownNovember 2015

"needs to change its attitude"

(Egypt)

I traveled via EgyptAir during my latest trip to Paris from Cairo. The ground services at Cairo Airport was acceptable if we exclude extensive security checks. I was allowed to check-in two bags for free. The outbound flight was fine except for a malfunctioning controller for the entertainment system and mostly aged cabin crew members. The food was not bad for me. During my inbound trip, the ground services at CDG allowed me to only check-in 1 bag, while they asked me to pay for the other one, and that was not acceptable. I was not notified about this situation before the flight. Fortunately, however, the other one was small enough to be taken in the cabin. The flight was initially delayed for about 45 minutes. The cabin crew were much younger this time while were mostly males. The entertainment controller did work this time, but I had a broken USB port! I believe that Egyptair seriously needs to change its attitude towards baggage issues. It used to be my favorite airline and a source of national pride to me, but not anymore!
AircraftA330-300
RouteCAI to CDG
Date FlownNovember 2015

"avoid as it is very mediocre"

(Egypt)

Cairo to London return, and Egyptair is reliable in always taking off late and serving terrible food. On my outward journey a 40 mins delay, according to the Captain our delay was caused by busy air traffic over Cairo (ironic and difficult to believe under the circumstances). Inbound journey arrived late from Cairo and we departing 1 hour late. The only thing this airline has going for itself is the baggage allowance of 46kg. Otherwise, avoid as it is very mediocre.
RouteCAI to LHR