Vote Now

Egyptair

"food fresh and tasty"

(Ukraine)

Verified Review | Istanbul to Dar es Salaam via Cairo with Egyptair. Flights on time or with minimal delay, our baggage was delivered, food was fresh and tasty, staff welcoming. Plane was small, but comfortable and nice. PTV screens available - just need to have your own headphones, because the ones offered by staff were useless.
RouteIstanbul to Dar es Salaam via Cairo
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"worst flight experience"

(Egypt)

Verified Review | Toronto to Cairo. Horrible experience. Apparently they switch from a Boing 777 to the A330 during low season, and the plane is abysmal. They must have purchased it in the 90s and never bothered refurbishing it. The business class seat was not a lie flat, it barely reclined, and to make things worse the foot rest did not work. The food was less than mediocre, and onboard entertainment system (antiquated with a tiny screen) did not work, no Audio. Worst of all there was something wrong with the air conditioning, the cabin was freezing the whole flight. One of the worst flight experiences ever, will not fly with them again and I'm a Gold member.
AircraftA330-200
RouteToronto to Cairo
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"very negative experience"

Verified Review | Cairo to Nairobi. I booked this flight for its timing and date and had heard it was good. Much to my dismay, it was a very negative experience overall. My son said it all. This is the worst business class he has ever flown. The check in was painful and long, the luggage screening person would not hand me my passports back suggesting a "Tip" but finally did return them. They could not find my e ticket, the lounge was okay but the food was cold. Security took 45 mins,and there was no business fast track or boarding. The onboard service was mediocre as this was a night flight. The crew was only interested in eating and chatting with the security personnel. Being on an old Boeing 737 was not a restful sleep as the seats don't recline much and the constant chatter of staff.
RouteCAI to NBO
Date FlownDecember 2016

"I was pleasantly surprised"

Verified Review | Flew Cairo to Bangkok. No complaints, whilst this is not Emirates/Etihad standard the bonus is that it is a direct flight saving many hours. I was pleasantly surprised by the seat comfort in business class, it was certainly flat enough and comfortable enough to get a very good sleep on this overnight flight. Service too was very attentive and pleasant personalities. The big bonus is the cost of a business class ticket - considerably cheaper than the 'others'. I was also fortunate in having an on time departure with a smooth on time arrival. Good job Egyptair despite your knockers, you have a big tick from me - I'll definitely be back.
AircraftA330-300
RouteCAI to BKK
Date FlownDecember 2016

"punctual and very comfortable"

Cairo to Aswan with Egyptair. The original flight 7am from Cairo to Aswan was cancelled, and I was offered the 8am flight, upgraded from Economy to Business class. I guess they compact the 2 flights together to maximise load factor. When I queued for the business class counter, the staff politely told me that the queue was for business, and I handed the print out from the ticket office before being processed for check in. Same thing happen when I was walking to my seat, the staff politely reminded me the seats are meant for business class passengers and asked to see my boarding pass. I have taken business class on other airlines before, and they don't judge based on your dressing so I don't know why the staff in this airline has a particular way of assessing whether someone deserves to be in business class. They certainly didn't do the same thing to another fellow who was upgraded. Food served on this short haul domestic sector was good, crew was ok. They have separate aircond shuttle bus for VIPs in Aswan airport, so even business class passengers can only take the non-aircond shuttle bus in the Aswan airport. Flight was punctual and very comfortable.
RouteCAI to ASW
Date FlownNovember 2016

"positive experience in economy"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | My first flight with Egyptair, from Athens to Cairo. Positive experience in economy. They served a meal that I normally see in long-haul flights on this 105 minute flight. Flight was only around half-full. Service good from check-in in Athens to arrival in Cairo.
RouteATH to CAI
Date FlownOctober 2016

"very friendly cabin staff"

Verified Review | Milan to Asmara via Cairo. Relaxed flight with Egyptair. Both flights were not fully booked, so plenty of space available. B737 was quite old, while A321 looked very new. Very friendly cabin staff, plenty of food, just no alcoholic beverages. One of the few carriers where you still can bring 2x23 kg even in Economy class.
AircraftBoeing 738 / A321
RouteMXP to ASM via CAI
Date FlownOctober 2016

"not perfect, but is really not a bad airline to fly with"

(South Africa)

Verified Review | We flew Johannesburg to Istanbul via Cairo. The Johannesburg to Cairo leg was operated by Egyptair's A330-300, Cairo to Istanbul by Turkish Airlines's A320, Istanbul back to Cairo by Egyptair's Embraer 170 and lastly Cairo to Johannesburg by Egyptair's A330-300. I've flown Egyptair many times and hated it every single time, however, the same can simply not be said for this journey. The first thing I realized when I entered the aircraft at JNB was the upgraded cabin. Each seat had finally (after all these years) been fitted with their own personal video screens. A very welcome upgrade from the then days of Egyptair's infamous drop down TVs. The selection of movies etc was pretty average but better than nothing at all so I'm not complaining. Egyptair's staff (most of them) seem to be from the stone ages and goodness knows they ain't going to win any beauty pageants but are so much more courteous than the 'pretty face but cold attitude type' flight attendants of many airlines. I personally feel that because English isn't their first language, some of their responses may seem rude, but yes, there is no denying that they have improved tremendously. Seats were comfortable enough for Economy class and had sufficient legroom. The food was also was not too bad and actually edible. They even served us with metal knives and forks. Cabin cleanliness was good and lavatories were like any other airline I've flown. The best part, however, was Egyptair's flight crew. Smooth take-offs and landings to the point that they were actually quite boring. Cairo Airport remains a dump as far as I'm concerned and leaves a lot to be desired, though I hardly think that's Egyptair's fault at all. All in all, Egyptair is not perfect, but is really not a bad airline to fly with. So thank you Egyptair for a wonderful journey. I would definitely fly with you again.
AircraftA330-300, A320, Embraer 170
RouteJNB to IST via CAI
Date FlownOctober 2016

"fairly average airline and experience"

Cairo to Luxor with Egyptair. Fairly average airline and experience, no real complaints. Seats weren't too bad, food was ok, flights were on time and staff were friendly. We had to take a bus onto the tarmac to get to the plane which was also prompt and fast. Overall I would say I'd book again with this airline.
RouteCAI to LXR
Date FlownAugust 2015

"really average flight"

Verified Review | London to Sharm El Sheik via Cairo with Egyptair. It seems completely ok continue using your phone during take off, play the safety video while you are taking off (which I couldn't hear due to noise of engines), have your seat reclined etc. They even let passengers get up and go to the toilet when the plane is queuing for the runway. I joined the plane as a business class passenger, sat in my seat and was asked to check my ticket - not sure why, nobody else was asked to prove they were in the right seat. We then sat for nearly an hour (including 30 minutes delay) where no refreshments were offered. When they were finally offered, by the time they got to me, there was just an orange juice and it was as if I was expected to take this drink when the other guests were offered choice The plane was ancient for a 5 hour flight and the seats even had ash trays as well as broken seats and TV screens. Really average flight, zero customer service and not something I'd repeat. I've had better economy experiences
RouteLHR to SSH via CAI