Egyptair

"below average meals"

(Kenya)

Verified Review | I travelled Business class from Cairo to Nairobi with Egyptair and was disappointed with a lot about the airline. The lounge - drink and food selection was mediocre, the seat pitch terrible, old seats on new aircraft, and below average meals with a very poor drinks selection. Ground service and cabin service was great.
RouteCairo to Nairobi
Date FlownAugust 2017

Egyptair customer review

Verified Review | Athens to Cairo. I am tall and the leg room was more then I have received on other airlines. The food was the best I have had on an airline, staff were great and plane was clean. We were also given free newspapers.
RouteAthens to Cairo
Date FlownJuly 2017

"worst flying experience ever"

Verified Review | Abu Dhabi to Toronto via Cairo with my family of 5 including twin babies and it was the worst flying experience ever. Upon booking I called to request bassinets for the babies but was told to do so at the check-in counter. Upon arrival there I was informed it's a full flight and sorry but there's nothing they could do. So first leg we held our babies for 3+ hours. For leg 2 after much begging we were given 1 bassinet and for the 12 hour flight it was extremely difficult for us. I will go above and beyond to ensure my friends and family and their friends know never to fly with Egyptair.
RouteAbu Dhabi to Toronto via Cairo
Date FlownJuly 2017

"plane was old and dirty"

(Norway)

Verified Review | We traveled from Oslo to Sharm El Sheikh and return after one week. Both ways the plane was old and dirty and the flight delayed. The toilet was closed and the seat was extremely dirty. I will never fly this airline again and I do not recommend it.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteSharm El Sheik to Oslo
Date FlownMay 2017

"staff are generally pleasant"

Verified Review | I flew Egyptair from Cairo to Toronto recently. Some of my observations: The flight was slightly delayed, less than 15 min. Staff are generally pleasant and responsive. Most of business class seat controls were not working properly. Entertainment system is poorly designed. It looks like the interface was designed by a middle school student. No categories and no titles. If you are at the movies category, it refers to movie 1, movie 2. You only find out after you start the movie. The plane looks old and has not been updated. Food quality is average. When my wife requested a Diet coke, was told that they are having a problem with the supplier and they did not have any!
RouteCairo to Toronto
Date FlownMay 2017

"with 90s or even 80s style"

(Saudi Arabia)

Verified Review | Cairo to Jeddah. I have used Egyptair many times and the last experience was the worst ever. I have faced very strange problems when I tried to cancel my booking and rebook again, the call center agent told me that you did this registration through our website and they are different department so you have to send them an email to request ticket cancellation, I asked him if he can give me how much I will be refunded to decided if the cancellation is worthwhile or not, but the answer was I can't help on that. Turned out to be a company that works with 90s or even 80s style. When I rebooked again, the airplane is very dated. The entertainment service onboard is useless, the seat is dirty and the seat tray table was broken. The flight attendants were very helpful and supportive, and that was the only good thing about this flight.
RouteCairo to Jeddah
Date FlownMarch 2017

"Overall an excellent flight"

(Egypt)

Verified Review | Frankfurt to Cairo. Everything went pretty well. The plane took off and landed on time. Cabin crew were so attentive, well behaved and very nice. The flight was comfortable and not crowded that I could use 3 seats all by myself. The cabin was also clean and comfortable. Overall an excellent flight.
RouteFrankfurt to Cairo
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"flight experience was modest"

Verified Review | Flew Egyptair from Toronto to Cairo. Crew were very helpful. Appeared to be making an extra effort to help. Flight experience was modest, I would say at best. Leaving from Toronto, helpful staff at check-in. Egyptair uses Air Canada lounge, which is average in service, overall comfortable. The plane to Cairo was quite dated, seat missing some parts, doesn't fully recline, and with a very very dirty screen. The plane back was better. For entertainment, Egypt Air has good new movies, but the system is not set properly to tell you which movie is on what channel. It just displays icons "movie 1, movie 2, movie 3". They provided a menu on the way to Cairo, but not on the way back. Food was reasonable on the way to Cairo, but unfortunately of very poor quality on the way back. The best part was the staff helpfulness, the worst part was Cairo Airport Lounger. Very filthy washrooms, leaky roof into the lounger, slippery floor from the leaky roof, and no one to clean, very limited simple selection of pastries and juice.
RouteToronto to Cairo
Date FlownApril 2017

"food fresh and tasty"

(Ukraine)

Verified Review | Istanbul to Dar es Salaam via Cairo with Egyptair. Flights on time or with minimal delay, our baggage was delivered, food was fresh and tasty, staff welcoming. Plane was small, but comfortable and nice. PTV screens available - just need to have your own headphones, because the ones offered by staff were useless.
RouteIstanbul to Dar es Salaam via Cairo
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"worst flight experience"

(Egypt)

Verified Review | Toronto to Cairo. Horrible experience. Apparently they switch from a Boing 777 to the A330 during low season, and the plane is abysmal. They must have purchased it in the 90s and never bothered refurbishing it. The business class seat was not a lie flat, it barely reclined, and to make things worse the foot rest did not work. The food was less than mediocre, and onboard entertainment system (antiquated with a tiny screen) did not work, no Audio. Worst of all there was something wrong with the air conditioning, the cabin was freezing the whole flight. One of the worst flight experiences ever, will not fly with them again and I'm a Gold member.
AircraftA330-200