Egyptair

"never use this airline again"

Trip Verified | My partner and I flew return from London to Johannesburg via Cairo over Christmas and would never use this airline again. It started with a two hour delay, with no information available on why or for how long- nor any apologies- even from the pilot. Security was chaotic at check in. Although vegetarian meals were ordered for one party when purchasing the flights, non were allocated and took two different counter visits at Heathrow to rectify their mistake. One breakfast was a plate of grated carrots? All we wanted was sit down and enjoy a drink to celebrate the long saving up for this holiday only to find out this airline only serves soft drinks as ‘health and safety’? Two tiny cups were given in a four hour flight and no crew seen in between. Chaotic boarding again on return trip with long unnecessary queues. Pointed out the filthy toilets as we boarded but no action was taken. The trip ended with waiting over 2hours for our luggage. Just terrible.
RouteLondon to Johannesburg via Cairo
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"never do this mistake again"

Trip Verified | Madina to London via Cairo. Worst cabin staff, asked three times for the blanket but never provided. Staff seems really don’t want to do their job. Actually the staff need to learn some manners, flight is going to London and hardly any crew can speak English. Will never do this mistake again.
RouteMadina to London via Cairo
Date FlownDecember 2017

"never do the same mistake again"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Jeddah to Athens via Cairo. Old aircraft, no usb charging option, unfriendly ground staff. The airline changed my flight 5 days before boarding with no explanation and demanded that I pay an extra hotel night and lounge use in Cairo due to 5+ hours stopover. I will never do the same mistake again!
RouteJeddah to Athens via Cairo
Date FlownDecember 2017

"crew just wanted to sleep"

Verified Review | London Heathrow to Cairo. What a wallop to the senses. The aircraft was old, had dated seats and washrooms and I am sure it was an old AA aircraft due to the toilets having AA insignia on it. Great leg room (33") and seat comfort OK. Cabin crew were awful. Lied about connecting flight and being held. When asked for water told none left, but a whole bottle came out when an Egyptian National asked. From take off, food service and drinks and tray collection - 1 hour 16 mins. The crew just wanted to sleep on the seats at the back, and they did. On landing, two passengers got up when landing gear was down and crew did nothing. Over head bins opened on landing again nothing.
AircraftBoeing 777 200
RouteLondon Heathrow to Cairo
Date FlownNovember 2017

"bumped down to an Economy seat"

Verified Review | I was flying from Johannesburg to Cairo, however business seats were overbooked, and consequently I was bumped down to an Economy seat, albeit a very comfortable one. Without me prompting for any rectification of this problem, the ground crew manager appeared immediately and was sincerely apologetic. She kept me at the counter until the situation had been noted in writing and by the time I had reached the final leg of my journey (London to Toronto), my Economy seat had been upgraded to Business class and a boarding pass was waiting for me. In addition, other travel perks and refunding of points had been awarded. I received an email confirmation of all this. I understand that mistakes can happen, some situations cannot be changed but despite hearing about recent events where some airlines were not treating their customers with the expected courtesy, I was very appreciative of EgyptAir's immediate response for the way it handled this situation.
RouteJohannesburg to London via Cairo
Date FlownOctober 2017

"Two full meals with a snack as well"

Verified Review | Flew Egyptair from Toronto to Cairo. Pleasantly surprised. After reading all of the bad reviews about this carrier we were worried that it would a brutal 10 plus hour flight from Toronto with no alcohol service to soften the ride (dry airline). I'm happy to say that the level of service was on par with Cathay Pacific (Toronto to Hong Kong). Two full meals with a snack as well, flavourful and large quantities for airplane meals served with real cutlery. They provided blankets, pillows and a wonderful little travel kit that included a toothbrush, eye mask, socks, pen and moisture wipe. The washrooms were kept clean the entire flight and the airfract in general was clean and in very good shape. The 777 we took to Cairo was newer with more leg and seat room than the older model for the return flight. Book in staff as well as flight crew were all pleasant and fluent in English. The English movies are somewhat limited but you'll be able to find a few newer ones to fill the time (at the time of this review I was able to watch 'Birth of a Nation'). We would happily fly Egyptair in the future.
RouteToronto to Cairo
Date FlownOctober 2017

"the worst airline I have ever flown"

Verified Review | Egyptair is the worst airline I have ever flown. I flew Business class from Johannesburg to Cairo. Firstly, the aircraft was very old and nothing was working. I tried to charge my phone, the socket wasn't working, the gentleman behind me also had the same problem. The TV must have been installed 100 years ago as it was the most difficult thing to navigate. You have to remind the air hostess several times just to get a glass of water (even in economy class with other airlines, they attend to you promptly). The food served was terrible. Luckily, it was an overnight flight, so I and most of the other passengers slept most of the flight. Upon arriving into Cairo, another problem started. I requested a wheelchair because I couldn't walk long distances. When I got to the counter, the very unprofessional staff told me to sit behind the counter with them because it was their "change of shift". I sat there for one hour, the guy told me I shouldn't be bothered because my next departure wasn't for another 2 hours. I was livid! I told him I needed to go to the lounge to relax before my flight and didn't want to sit there. When I got tired, I had to make the long walk to the lounge by myself. Worst airline experience, will not be flying this airline again.
RouteJohannesburg to Cairo
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"worst flight experience "

(Lebanon)

Verified Review | Cairo to Beirut. This is my third boarding with Egyptair, Each time I told to myself that the bad traveling condition is just one time thing because I did not thought that an airline would be that much disaster. Rude staff, I don't know why they give a cheese sandwish which is not even edible, two flights were delayed and they gave us juice to confort us! It is the worst flight experience will never book with it again.
RouteCairo to Beirut
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"below average meals"

(Kenya)

Verified Review | I travelled Business class from Cairo to Nairobi with Egyptair and was disappointed with a lot about the airline. The lounge - drink and food selection was mediocre, the seat pitch terrible, old seats on new aircraft, and below average meals with a very poor drinks selection. Ground service and cabin service was great.
RouteCairo to Nairobi
Date FlownAugust 2017

Egyptair customer review

Verified Review | Athens to Cairo. I am tall and the leg room was more then I have received on other airlines. The food was the best I have had on an airline, staff were great and plane was clean. We were also given free newspapers.
RouteAthens to Cairo