Egyptair

"I will not recommend"

Trip Verified | Jeddah to Mumbai via Cairo. This is happen while I was returning from hajj to Mumbai. We were having big aircraft from Saudi Arabia to Cairo. We had hold of around 12 hours in Cairo. We boarded in flight MS968, since most of passenger are Haji's, some fellow passengers identified the baggage were not loaded in the aircraft. We had raise the issue with the authorities and requested to load our baggage and zamzam boxes. We are told we will receive all our baggage and zamzam boxes in hours after landing Mumbai Airport. As expected our half baggage was missing and zamzam boxes were not there. We waited on airport for 4 hrs but baggage never came. The authorities in Mumbai than promise to deliver the baggage to home which I receive after 3 days. But for Zamzam boxes I am following up with authorities for past 12 days and they keep on inventing new reason every time. I am not sure where to escalate the issue. There are other 50 passengers who are suffering same fate. Egypt Air authorities know this is every year issue but they just want to suffer the people. And don't want to take any action to improve there service. I am giving one star because they had flew us back to India. I am sure I will not recommend Egypt air to anybody. They completely ignore passengers grieves.
RouteJeddah to Mumbai via Cairo
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"much improved airline"

Trip Verified | London to Cairo return. A much improved airline. Efficient boarding at both LHR and CAI with a welcome from the cabin crew. Flight Manager on both trips was friendly and business-like. Standard of food is also improving and certainly passable, but it is still a case of quantity rather than quality. Good to have announcements from the flight deck, even if only partially audible.
RouteLondon to Cairo

"a satisfactory flight"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Cairo return, price was very competitive and timings were more suitable for me. Both flights were on fairly new A330-300 cabin was clean seats are a bit stiff and not very comfortable, however crew were friendly and smiling both flights were on time and arrived ahead of schedule. But the downside is the cleanliness of toilets, it was horrible that I couldn’t use. Entertainment system is limited to older movies and not good selection food on both flights was exactly the same breakfast with a tasteless rubber omelette and a piece of falafel and a cheese roll not the best quality and no options or choices. Overall a satisfactory flight for this short sector and price paid.
RouteDubai to Cairo

"Very pleasant flight"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Athens to Johannesburg via Cairo. Very pleasant flight experience. Plane slightly dated without all the bells and whistles of Emirates. However crew very friendly and service on board great. The Purser in charge of our flight welcomed every one personally at their seat and apologized later in person for the delayed flight departure. Throughout the flight he walked up and down aircraft to ensure all passengers were well looked after. Announcements were made clearly and audibly including those from the Captain. I have definitely seen a major improvement from our last flight with Egyptair. Well done and will fly with you again.
AircraftA330-300
RouteAthens to Johannesburg via Cairo
Date FlownJuly 2018

"They wanted to see visas"

Trip Verified | Unprofessional customer service. It started in Johannesburg when the airline refused the boarding due to a 24 hour stopover in Cairo. They wanted to see visas for Cairo. Very arrogant and unprofessional Manager refused to even make effort to explain. When we notify customer service in Dubai of the situation, they referred us to send it in an email. After 7 times of trying to get hold of an agent, finally they told us there is nothing they can do to help. Every time we were put on hold and then suddenly they cut of the line while we are still on the line waiting. Finally we were told to write a complaint in an email and then it will be reviewed. We missed our flight at the end of the day and all they could say was write to us.
RouteJohannesburg to Dubai via Cairo
Date FlownJuly 2018

"had the seat next to me free"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | My return journey from Tokyo to Athens via Cairo, was much better than the one going out. Check in at Tokyo was very very slow as staff were extremely slow at checking in. Once past security, I used the United Airlines Lounge. Huge lounge, with comfortable seating, nice views, but limited food options (and pathetically small plates to serve yourself). The showers were very decent and well equipped. The main flight from Tokyo to Cairo was not bad at all. Again I had the seat next to me free which is always good. This time we got a basic (for business) amenity kit which is very important as the mask allows you to sleep much better. Seat comfort is ok, though very dated with angle flat seats but not too bad for the right price. Food this time was much better than the trip going out and the flight uneventfull. 6hrs wait in Cairo's terrible business lounge and off to the last leg of my journey. A short two hr flight. Service was ok seat comfort excellent (for a 737), but pretty sure I could smell the staff smoking which is unacceptable.
AircraftBoeing 737-800 / 777-300ER
RouteTokyo to Athens via Cairo
Date FlownJuly 2018

"poor business class product"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Thought I would give Egyptair a go on business class this time for a long trip between Athens to Tokyo via Cairo. Check in in Greece was fast and swift at the business class counter. The Skyserv lounge at Athens airport is nothing special but at least its very clean and food decent in contrast to the one in Cairo which is run down and dirty. First leg of the flight on a 1yo 737-800 with very comfortable wide seats ok service and not too bad food for a 2 hr flight. I had a 9hr layover in Cairo so didnt spend much time in the lounge there (thank god!) The second part of the journey was on Egyptair's 777-300 ER. Business class was half full so I had seat next to me free which is good as Egyptair's business class product is very dated without much privacy. Seats are comfortable to sit on though the angle lie flat isnt the best to sleep in, but it did the job ok. The dissapointing part of this journey is that the crew didnt give amenity kit whatsoever, so we had no mask earplugs or anything (which was a shock) they just closed the windows to keep the plane dark which didnt help when the lights came on in the cabin during second food service. Service on the flight was ok, though very basic for business class and the food on this leg really bad (it was much better coming back). All in all a pretty poor business class product throughout, but if the price is logical worth it to have space to sleep during long flights.
AircraftBoeing 737-800 / 777-300ER
RouteAthens to Tokyo via Cairo
Date FlownJune 2018

"generous baggage allowance"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Cairo to Copenhagen. Very old Boeing aircraft. Seats still have ashtrays and not all of them are in a good condition. Two entertainment options are provided: radio and overhead TV. Some flight information was wrong as it seems the company did not update the daylight saving times settings. An American movie was broadcast during the flight. Both the legroom and the meal were surprisingly good compared to other European airlines. The flight attendants are not very professional but this was balanced with their kindness. Cairo Airport was really crowded and had long queues on every occasion. The biggest pro with this flight was the generous baggage allowance (2x23kg) and good take off and landing times which are not overnight, very early in the day or very late compared to the other options.
AircraftB737-800
RouteCairo to Copenhagen
Date FlownJuly 2018

"issue with entertainment program"

(Egypt)

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Cairo. Counter Opened 2 hours before kicking off in one of the most crowded airports in the world (Istanbul). Many people were lined up and waiting so when counter opened there was a conflict which cause more latency. Plane had an issue with entertainment program.
RouteIstanbul to Cairo

"very pleasantly surprised"

Trip Verified | Cairo to London. I haven't flown Egyptair in over 10 years and from all the online reviews I wasn't expecting much. However, I was very pleasantly surprised to see how much the airline has improved. A very new aircraft, with excellent legroom in economy class compared to many other European airlines. Inflight entertainment was adequate for a 5 hour flight but not any longer. Food was excellent but it was the cabin crew that made the flight very pleasant; they couldn't do enough.
RouteCairo to London