Egyptair

"crew just wanted to sleep"

Verified Review | London Heathrow to Cairo. What a wallop to the senses. The aircraft was old, had dated seats and washrooms and I am sure it was an old AA aircraft due to the toilets having AA insignia on it. Great leg room (33") and seat comfort OK. Cabin crew were awful. Lied about connecting flight and being held. When asked for water told none left, but a whole bottle came out when an Egyptian National asked. From take off, food service and drinks and tray collection - 1 hour 16 mins. The crew just wanted to sleep on the seats at the back, and they did. On landing, two passengers got up when landing gear was down and crew did nothing. Over head bins opened on landing again nothing.
AircraftBoeing 777 200
RouteLondon Heathrow to Cairo
Date FlownNovember 2017

"bumped down to an Economy seat"

Verified Review | I was flying from Johannesburg to Cairo, however business seats were overbooked, and consequently I was bumped down to an Economy seat, albeit a very comfortable one. Without me prompting for any rectification of this problem, the ground crew manager appeared immediately and was sincerely apologetic. She kept me at the counter until the situation had been noted in writing and by the time I had reached the final leg of my journey (London to Toronto), my Economy seat had been upgraded to Business class and a boarding pass was waiting for me. In addition, other travel perks and refunding of points had been awarded. I received an email confirmation of all this. I understand that mistakes can happen, some situations cannot be changed but despite hearing about recent events where some airlines were not treating their customers with the expected courtesy, I was very appreciative of EgyptAir's immediate response for the way it handled this situation.
RouteJohannesburg to London via Cairo
Date FlownOctober 2017

"Two full meals with a snack as well"

Verified Review | Flew Egyptair from Toronto to Cairo. Pleasantly surprised. After reading all of the bad reviews about this carrier we were worried that it would a brutal 10 plus hour flight from Toronto with no alcohol service to soften the ride (dry airline). I'm happy to say that the level of service was on par with Cathay Pacific (Toronto to Hong Kong). Two full meals with a snack as well, flavourful and large quantities for airplane meals served with real cutlery. They provided blankets, pillows and a wonderful little travel kit that included a toothbrush, eye mask, socks, pen and moisture wipe. The washrooms were kept clean the entire flight and the airfract in general was clean and in very good shape. The 777 we took to Cairo was newer with more leg and seat room than the older model for the return flight. Book in staff as well as flight crew were all pleasant and fluent in English. The English movies are somewhat limited but you'll be able to find a few newer ones to fill the time (at the time of this review I was able to watch 'Birth of a Nation'). We would happily fly Egyptair in the future.
RouteToronto to Cairo
Date FlownOctober 2017

"the worst airline I have ever flown"

Verified Review | Egyptair is the worst airline I have ever flown. I flew Business class from Johannesburg to Cairo. Firstly, the aircraft was very old and nothing was working. I tried to charge my phone, the socket wasn't working, the gentleman behind me also had the same problem. The TV must have been installed 100 years ago as it was the most difficult thing to navigate. You have to remind the air hostess several times just to get a glass of water (even in economy class with other airlines, they attend to you promptly). The food served was terrible. Luckily, it was an overnight flight, so I and most of the other passengers slept most of the flight. Upon arriving into Cairo, another problem started. I requested a wheelchair because I couldn't walk long distances. When I got to the counter, the very unprofessional staff told me to sit behind the counter with them because it was their "change of shift". I sat there for one hour, the guy told me I shouldn't be bothered because my next departure wasn't for another 2 hours. I was livid! I told him I needed to go to the lounge to relax before my flight and didn't want to sit there. When I got tired, I had to make the long walk to the lounge by myself. Worst airline experience, will not be flying this airline again.
RouteJohannesburg to Cairo
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"worst flight experience "

(Lebanon)

Verified Review | Cairo to Beirut. This is my third boarding with Egyptair, Each time I told to myself that the bad traveling condition is just one time thing because I did not thought that an airline would be that much disaster. Rude staff, I don't know why they give a cheese sandwish which is not even edible, two flights were delayed and they gave us juice to confort us! It is the worst flight experience will never book with it again.
RouteCairo to Beirut
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"below average meals"

(Kenya)

Verified Review | I travelled Business class from Cairo to Nairobi with Egyptair and was disappointed with a lot about the airline. The lounge - drink and food selection was mediocre, the seat pitch terrible, old seats on new aircraft, and below average meals with a very poor drinks selection. Ground service and cabin service was great.
RouteCairo to Nairobi
Date FlownAugust 2017

Egyptair customer review

Verified Review | Athens to Cairo. I am tall and the leg room was more then I have received on other airlines. The food was the best I have had on an airline, staff were great and plane was clean. We were also given free newspapers.
RouteAthens to Cairo
Date FlownJuly 2017

"worst flying experience ever"

Verified Review | Abu Dhabi to Toronto via Cairo with my family of 5 including twin babies and it was the worst flying experience ever. Upon booking I called to request bassinets for the babies but was told to do so at the check-in counter. Upon arrival there I was informed it's a full flight and sorry but there's nothing they could do. So first leg we held our babies for 3+ hours. For leg 2 after much begging we were given 1 bassinet and for the 12 hour flight it was extremely difficult for us. I will go above and beyond to ensure my friends and family and their friends know never to fly with Egyptair.
RouteAbu Dhabi to Toronto via Cairo
Date FlownJuly 2017

"plane was old and dirty"

(Norway)

Verified Review | We traveled from Oslo to Sharm El Sheikh and return after one week. Both ways the plane was old and dirty and the flight delayed. The toilet was closed and the seat was extremely dirty. I will never fly this airline again and I do not recommend it.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteSharm El Sheik to Oslo
Date FlownMay 2017

"staff are generally pleasant"

Verified Review | I flew Egyptair from Cairo to Toronto recently. Some of my observations: The flight was slightly delayed, less than 15 min. Staff are generally pleasant and responsive. Most of business class seat controls were not working properly. Entertainment system is poorly designed. It looks like the interface was designed by a middle school student. No categories and no titles. If you are at the movies category, it refers to movie 1, movie 2. You only find out after you start the movie. The plane looks old and has not been updated. Food quality is average. When my wife requested a Diet coke, was told that they are having a problem with the supplier and they did not have any!
RouteCairo to Toronto