Vote Now

Edelweiss Air

Edelweiss Air customer review

(Portugal)

Verified Review | Cape Town to Zurich. My experience did not start very well, because I could not do the online check-in. So, I when to the airport CPT very early for check-in. Ground service was very disorganized. When ground staff arrived there was some people queueing, but the staff ignored those people and organized the queue has people was not there... confusing between passengers occurred just because the staff did not made a small effort. When I got to the check-in desk, the staff did not make any effort to get me a better seat as asked. After spending a couple of hours waiting, we board on time. When I was getting in the plane, my seat was changed, and it was changed for a window seat, that I do not like. I look to my original seat, and there was not even children involved in the changing. No reason was gave to me. If they mess up with something, they should had changed me to a better seat, not a worst seat. Confort was not good, legs space was small. Food was just ok, and entertainment was very good.
RouteCape Town to Zurich
Date FlownMarch 2017

"courteous crew and service"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Stockholm to Zurich with a courteous crew and in-flight service. Hot snack and drinks were served in this two-hour flight. The flight was rather empty so I had the entire row to my self. Movie was shown on main screen so there was some entertainment if caught unguarded. Inflight magazine was also nice.
RouteStockholm to Zurich
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"great travel experience"

Verified Review | Zurich to Marsa Alam. Great travel experience on this Edelweiss flight to Egypt. Flight was not fully booked so we had a full row for ourselves. We were served a typical Swiss breakfast with bread, butter, jam, yoghurt and a fruit salad. Bread was served warm, directly from the oven and you could take as much as you like. Cabin crew was very friendly and helpful. Only thing to complain is the inflight entertainment system, which for a 4 hour flight is a bit basic. But I heard that by now even this has been updated.
RouteZRH to RMF
Date FlownDecember 2015

"staff were also great"

Edelweiss Air were great flying from Edinburgh to Zurich. Firstly, the price was considerably cheaper than flying with a low-cost carrier to an airport further away from my final destination (I was visiting a friend in Konstanz - these flights were cheaper than EasyJet to either Basel or Stuttgart). I was given a free meal, albeit cold (with freshly baked hot bread), for a 2h flight. The staff were also great with me when I asked them how to get to the Airport train station (in a different building to where you land) to continue my journey to Konstanz. The return was equally satisfying.
RouteEDI to ZRH
Date FlownAugust 2016

"Trouble free journey"

Verified Review | Vancouver to Zurich. I was a little sceptical about travelling on a Leisure airline long-haul even in Business class (part of a round-world fare). Edelweiss Air proved me wrong. Great cabin crew, a great aircraft with full flat beds. Great food. Trouble free journey.
RouteYVR to ZRH
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"ridicously tight seating"

(Denmark)

Verified Review | Las Vegas to Zurich with Edelweiss Air. Ridicously tight seating in Economy class made this one of my least relaxing long-haul flights ever. Being a relatively standard size (190 cm) I was surprised to find that I simply couldn't sit normally without my knees touching (or rather pressing hard into) the seat in front of me. When the passenger in the row in front of me reclined his seat, I felt like a sardine - with badly hurting knees. Sleeping was completely impossible, and hadn't it been for the nice and friendly crew and the above average IFE that helped kill the 10 hours I was wide awake, it would have been my worst flight ever. Avoid this airline in Economy class at all costs if you're taller than 165-170 cm.
RouteLAS to ZRH
Date FlownJune 2016

"service was very poor"

(Spain)

Verified Review | Phuket to Zurich with Edelweiss Air. The service during the flight was very poor and the attitude of the cabin crew with passengers was really rude. In addition, after paying more than 600EUR for a flight ticket, they ask you to pay extra money if you want an alcoholic drink, otherwise you just can drink coke, ale or orange juice.
RouteHKT to ZRH
Date FlownMarch 2016

"cannot rely on Edelweiss"

No recommendation for Edelweiss. They cancelled our flight from Zurich to Marsa Alam (planned for 25th February 2016) without notifying us to the earliest possible moment. It is only 4 weeks before our holidays and we had to call the hotline, to find out, that they wont fly! This is the second time this is happening. In 2013 we had the same issue with Edelweiss - flight cancelled 15 days before departure, which is unacceptable for a "holiday flight". The only option they offered to us now was to fly from Zurich via Geneva to Cairo, which is 700km away from our target destination, Marsa Alam. Service and comfort is okay, but that does not weigh up the cancelled flights. You simply cannot rely on Edelweiss Air.
RouteZRH to RMF
Date FlownFebruary 2015

"recommend this airline"

Edelweiss Air is one of the best. We flew Zürich to Cape Town on a cabin that had just been refurbished, premium economy has great leg room, food service is amazing and the PTV offers a large choice of programes. Staff very friendly and proactive. I would recommend this airline.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteZRH to CPT
Date FlownFebruary 2015

"satisfied with high standards"

(Cyprus)

Dusseldorf to Larnaca via Zurich, and it was the first time I flew with Edelweiss Air. I was satisfied with the high standards and service provided. The flight lasted 3 hours and the crew served the passengers the snack, meal, dessert. Metal cutlery was provided to all passengers instead of plastic.
RouteDUS to LCA via ZRH