Top 100 Airlines

Edelweiss Air

"Trouble free journey"

Verified Review | Vancouver to Zurich. I was a little sceptical about travelling on a Leisure airline long-haul even in Business class (part of a round-world fare). Edelweiss Air proved me wrong. Great cabin crew, a great aircraft with full flat beds. Great food. Trouble free journey.
RouteYVR to ZRH
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"ridicously tight seating"

(Denmark)

Verified Review | Las Vegas to Zurich with Edelweiss Air. Ridicously tight seating in Economy class made this one of my least relaxing long-haul flights ever. Being a relatively standard size (190 cm) I was surprised to find that I simply couldn't sit normally without my knees touching (or rather pressing hard into) the seat in front of me. When the passenger in the row in front of me reclined his seat, I felt like a sardine - with badly hurting knees. Sleeping was completely impossible, and hadn't it been for the nice and friendly crew and the above average IFE that helped kill the 10 hours I was wide awake, it would have been my worst flight ever. Avoid this airline in Economy class at all costs if you're taller than 165-170 cm.
RouteLAS to ZRH
Date FlownJune 2016

"service was very poor"

(Spain)

Verified Review | Phuket to Zurich with Edelweiss Air. The service during the flight was very poor and the attitude of the cabin crew with passengers was really rude. In addition, after paying more than 600EUR for a flight ticket, they ask you to pay extra money if you want an alcoholic drink, otherwise you just can drink coke, ale or orange juice.
RouteHKT to ZRH
Date FlownMarch 2016

"cannot rely on Edelweiss"

No recommendation for Edelweiss. They cancelled our flight from Zurich to Marsa Alam (planned for 25th February 2016) without notifying us to the earliest possible moment. It is only 4 weeks before our holidays and we had to call the hotline, to find out, that they wont fly! This is the second time this is happening. In 2013 we had the same issue with Edelweiss - flight cancelled 15 days before departure, which is unacceptable for a "holiday flight". The only option they offered to us now was to fly from Zurich via Geneva to Cairo, which is 700km away from our target destination, Marsa Alam. Service and comfort is okay, but that does not weigh up the cancelled flights. You simply cannot rely on Edelweiss Air.
RouteZRH to RMF
Date FlownFebruary 2015

"recommend this airline"

Edelweiss Air is one of the best. We flew Zürich to Cape Town on a cabin that had just been refurbished, premium economy has great leg room, food service is amazing and the PTV offers a large choice of programes. Staff very friendly and proactive. I would recommend this airline.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteZRH to CPT
Date FlownFebruary 2015

"satisfied with high standards"

(Cyprus)

Dusseldorf to Larnaca via Zurich, and it was the first time I flew with Edelweiss Air. I was satisfied with the high standards and service provided. The flight lasted 3 hours and the crew served the passengers the snack, meal, dessert. Metal cutlery was provided to all passengers instead of plastic.
RouteDUS to LCA via ZRH
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"terrible customer service"

A couple of days before leaving for Florida, got an email from Edelweiss offering an upgrade to Business for cash. Less than an hour later I called and booked the upgrade for my wife and I. A short while later got another email from them, telling me there were no upgrades available! Terrible customer service.
RouteZurich to Tampa
Date FlownOctober 2015

"ridiculously tight seating"

A supremely competent cabin crew can't make up for ridiculously tight seating. We paid quite a bit extra to fly Edelweiss Air from Las Vegas to Zurich on a friend's recommendation, and were shocked at how little space we had. If the person in front of you reclines, you are forced to recline just to see the screen in front of you. I can't stress how uncomfortable the seating was. Worse, they place ads on their video system trying to sell "Economy Max" seating for 200 Swiss francs a seat. They tout these are "anti-thromboses" seats. So the seat I paid $1500 for is a "pro-thromboses" seat? Great crews, incredibly uncomfortable seating. Never again.
RouteLAS to ZRH

"Most uncomfortable flights"

Most uncomfortable flights with Edelweiss Air between Tampa and Zurich in economy class. The distance between seats (the pitch) appears to have been reduced a bit. What makes it worse however is that the seat back recline is disproportionately huge. When the passenger seating in front of you fully reclines his seat, that seat back comes to about three inches from your nose. And you are supposed to enjoy in this position the otherwise very good choice of movies and other entertainment available on your individual screen. If you have any food or drink on your tablet when that passenger decides to slam his seat back to full recline, it will be squished, possibly spilling wine etc on your lap. Your only recourse is to hold that drink in your hand and, in turn, recline your own seat back encroaching on the passenger behind you. And if you can’t eat in that reclined position, too bad. The crew don’t make the usual announcement that all the other airlines make when they serve food, asking people to kindly bring their seat back in the upright position to accommodate their fellow travellers.Most important thing for me is seat comfort, particularly leg room. Would not use them again when traveling to Zurich or beyond.
RouteTPA to ZHR
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"excellent Edelweiss Air flight"

(Cyprus)

We had an excellent Edelweiss Air flight from Zurich to Larnaca. Captain gave information about the flight in a very friendly manner. The crew was helpful and smiley. Food was not so tasty but it is quite normal for airline food. I had flew Edelweiss Air from Larnaca to Zurich as well and the flight was also great. P.S I am one of those who are scared of planes, although I have to fly quite a lot, but Edelweiss Air has gained my confidence.
RouteZurich to Larnaca