Edelweiss Air

Review by (Canada) 22nd July 2015

YVR-ZRH return. on the way there sat in Premium Economy. I'm 6'2", 250 lbs and had more than enough leg room,. width could have been a bit more but all in all a good experience. Cabin crew was courteous, food was good. Return leg sat in Economy (row 15A), I recommend not sitting that row as it's the first row of economy and has premium economy seats reclining into you. Best to book row 16 or back. TV technology best I've seen, but movies/tv shows a bit out of date. Games are easy to play and don't bother person in front of you. Zurich airport is decent size but not as busy as Frankfurt or London. I recommend Edeleweiss.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteVancouver to Zurich

Review by (Spain) 2nd July 2015

Very good flight, comfortable seat with enough space, good service and meals.
RouteZRH to TFS

Review by (United States) 28th June 2015

Reservations is difficult to reach if calling from USA primarily because of their operating hours and time difference. I called multiple times and waited at one point for 40min for an agent. Finally an agent answered the line only to advise me the office was now closed and to please call tomorrow. The reason for my repeated call was seat assignments. I don't mind and expected to pay for advanced seat selection how ever neither the website nor the call center was helpful. The website finally received the required update and we confirm our seat selection. The flight crew was friendly, competent and helpful. Food was typical. Seat room and pitch terrible. When we arrived our bags didn't. Absolutely terrible customer service. We are unable to reach anyone and have yet to hear from Edelweiss. I am not impressed with some of Edelweiss customer service.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteVancouver to Zurich

Review by (United States) 18th June 2015

Flew from Tampa to Zurich. Found the flight attendants to be very professional and attentive. Many good entertainment options, which made the 10 hour flight go by quickly. Plain interior was very clean and looked updated. The cabin temp was oddly warm for the Tampa-Zurich flight until about the last hour, which made sleeping a bit difficult. Flight back, though, was much more comfortable. To get a seat assignment, we had to pay $40 each way per person, which I thought was a bit steep, but glad we did so we were guarranteed to sit together as the flights were rather full. Would definitely use them again when traveling to Zurich or beyond.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteTampa to Zurich via Tampa

Review by (Austria) 27th May 2015

I flew in Economy Class from Zurich to Malé on 16th of May and back on 24th of May 2015. I have to say I am very impressed by the service provided. Cabin staff were very dedicated (it was the same staff on both flights as they were also staying in the Maldives for a week). The night flight on the outward leg was only half full which made a quick Service possible and I could sleep in an empty middle row. Very good meals (real cutlery and a real glass) frequent drinks and the alcoholic beverages (for which you have to pay) are of good quality and moderate in price. I also liked the Mövenpick icecream provided in mid-flight on the return flight (a day flight). The inflight entertainment is a very good product with an up-to-date movie selection. But the major bonus has been the consistent friendliness of the entire crew. I felt a strong sense for hospitality among the staff and would definitely fly with them again if the schedule suits me.

Review by (Austria) 27th May 2015

Review by (Portugal) 24th February 2015

Funchal-Zurich 14 Feb 2015 business class. Warm welcome from the captain at the aircraft door cabin crew very friendly and attentive during all the flight. Welcome drinks served on the ground. Menu presented to each passenger with excellent quality of all items two cold starters 3 options of main course tray with cheese desserts and chocolates. Everything was done with time and attention drinks and hot bread offered several times and even a pre arrival snack was given. Onboard music entertainment system but not individual screens for the movie. Overall the best business class product I know on European flights.

Review by (Portugal) 24th February 2015

Review by (Switzerland) 18th December 2014

ZRH - TPA on Oct 24: Overall Edelweiss Air have a very good and contemporary business class product. In many ways it felt like a more modern and upgraded version of Swiss. There was only one aspect about the flight that I didn't like and that was cabin temperature. It was far too warm for comfort. When I waited for the (single) lavatory to become available the control screen showed that the temperature was set at 25 degrees. High cabin temperatures also tend to be a frequent problem on Swiss flights.

Review by (Switzerland) 18th December 2014