easyJet

easyJet customer review

Travelled to Lanzarote and had a great time there. Easyjet flights considerably better than others we have used most notably because our request for special assistance was fulfilled. Late night return to Gatwick went smoothly with a very attentive young man to meet and greet at the aircraft before taking passengers in a wheelchair to his buggy. He even took the trouble of wheeling one pax out to the drop-off area. Great service.

easyJet customer review

I and my wife travelled on 14 Nov from Lisbon to Gatwick flight EZY8720. Airport staff rude and impatient lack of helpfulness and customer service. Forced to pay 35 Euro and check one luggage even though this was as specified slightly bigger bag maximum size of 56x45x25cm which holds man suits. Forced my wife to put her purse and souvenirs bag into her suitcase. During boarding her suitcase was not allowed saying there is no room on overhead storage and took the luggage. Arriving at Gatwick this suitcase was missing. Very bad experience with EasyJet.

easyJet customer review

My wife aged 73 followed all blurb pushed out by Easyjet especially the luggage allowance. She packed her small suitcase and also a small handbag with 2 Xmas presents. She was demanded to empty the small bag into her case damaging the presents! Of course people who had bought goods around the airport came along and they where allowed to carry on their purchases in bigger carrier bags.

easyJet customer review

Flew Gatwick-Copenhagen-Gatwick. Efficient check-in and on-time departures at both ends which is good and indeed better than some. I am fed-up with their baggage policy. We paid extra for our case to go in the hold but was then asked to remove our coats from the overhead storage compartments so that other people's huge hand luggage could have the space! Baggage in the cabin is becoming a joke (a couple with a small toddler loaded 3 cases!) but we were asked to put our coats on the dirty floor or sit through the entire flight baking hot with them on our laps - not sure how we were expected to eat or drink anything in comfort as the table could barely be deployed! The overhead storage area was choc-a-block so I wonder if our group had also taken cases to go in the cabin - where on earth would it have been put! Maybe next time we won't pay extra and just wait for them to put the overload/surplus in the hold anyway unless of course they ask us to put it on our laps! Easyjet have a good pricing structure and if they included a piece of hold baggage as standard (and enforced the one piece of 'hand' luggage they could become an airline to seriously challenge their flag flying rivals.

(New Zealand)

Flew Toulouse to Gatwick 29 October and return on 31 October evening. Booking and follow-up were first class including reminders to check in online and print boarding passes. The contact could not be faulted. We had "preferred" seats and plenty of legroom. Flights were almost full but on time. We actually left Toulouse late due to a change of aircraft and hence crew not on board to prepare but were given a thorough explanation once on board. Absolutely no trouble with baggage as we kept within the cabin bag limits.

(Spain)

Malaga to Newcastle joined baggage-drop queue 1055 reached desk 1145 flight departure 1230 "Save time check in on line" was logo! Return from NCL at desk was no more than 5 minutes. Apart from this a very good regular service.

easyJet customer review

Luton - Olbia - Gatwick. Luton airport's small terminal resembled a crowded low-end shopping mall with a large food court. The passenger security check was well-managed. There was little seating in the almost-windowless departure lounge though there was somewhere to buy a coffee amid the duty free gauntlet. You wouldn't want to be delayed here. The walk from terminal entrance to boarding gate was relatively short as was the quick taxi from aircraft parking stand to take-off. At the boarding gate (gate 16) many passengers crowded precariously for at least 10 or 15 minutes over the entire length of a long and steep stairway with their cabin baggage before being able to access a small ground-level room where passports and boarding cards were slowly checked before exiting into the open air to walk across the tarmac to board the plane parked nearby. My single carry-on bag complied exactly with the airline's specified 56 x 45 x 25cm maximum dimensions including handles and wheels. At the boarding gate a member of Easyjet staff selected passengers with wheeled bags from the queue for baggage assessment. My bag did not quite fit a metal- framed gauge indicating that it was over-sized. I was required to check it in and pay a £40 fee on the spot. Not negotiable. The gate staff were blunt unsympathetic and appeared hardened to this procedure which felt like a scam. I still had to carry the bag to the aircraft steps and locate a hold-baggage loader to accept it. After boarding had finished there was ample empty space in the overhead lockers for my regulation-size cabin bag. Admittedly my soft- shell Samsonite wheelie was full which may have distorted the dimensions slightly but Easyjet's exacting customer- unfriendly approach felt 'out to get'. Be warned! On the return flight from Olbia my bag - the very same bag - just fitted a similar gauge and I was allowed to take it in the cabin. On both flights the cabins were tidy but with grubby carpet. There was no choice of seat (unless you opted to pay more in advance) which was randomly allocated at the time of online check in. The seat pitch was very tight though just tolerable for a two-hour flight; not for anything longer. The cabin crew both outbound and inbound were friendly and efficient but did nothing to stop noisy young children from running up and down the aisle throughout the entire flight and also made too many announcements. The announcements promoting food and tax-free sales and so many price-savings were intrusive and relentless. Pity the Easyjet frequent-flier! There was no complimentary in-flight catering but drinks and some over-priced unhealthy snacks were offered for sale. The outbound flight departed from Luton on time and arrived a few minutes early in Olbia. The return flight began boarding on time in Olbia but departed 30 minutes late. This delay appeared to be due to desperately inefficient ground handling staff at the boarding gate in Olbia who seemed to lack any sense of interest in getting the flight away on time. We made up some time during the journey and landed 20 minutes late into Gatwick. We arrived at Gatwick North terminal though the flight was sold as arriving at Gatwick South terminal. The boarding pass also indicated arrival at Gatwick South terminal. No announcement as to the change of terminal was made by the crew and anyone unfamiliar with Gatwick airport would have been unaware. The potential for this anomaly to cause problems for customers with pick-up arrangements is obvious. Overall Easyjet was a third-rate airline experience. Bare minimum transportation for a full-service price and the feeling of having been ripped-off.

easyJet customer review

Milan Malpensa-Berlin SXF. I fly them I know exactly what to expect for the money I pay and I stick to their baggage regulations which look more than "spartan". To be honest I got what I wanted boarding on time landing on time seats comfortable and the prices for beverages were definitely lower then those at the airport. They look like a very good alternative to the not-low-cost airlines which are expensive and do not worth the money. I will fly them often for short trips in Europe and small vacations around the continent. Their business model seems to make a difference since they are expanding their network all the time. Looking forward to see what they can do.

easyJet customer review

LGW-SKG roundtrip. Very good value for money. On time flights nice check-in area at Gatwick airport clean and modern aircraft reasonable prices for luggage friendly website easy to book a flight.

easyJet customer review

Flew for first time with easyJet (Manchester to Keflavik - Iceland) and well impressed. Boarding efficient clean A319. Left on time and arrived early - and no silly bugle! Staff attentive and smiling. Excellent commentary at various stages by Pilot and co pilot. They let me have a look in the cockpit after we had landed. Will use them again.