Vote Airport

Eastern Airways

"would happily recommend"

Southampton to Leeds Bradford with Eastern Airways, and found the flight pleasant. Boarding quick and cabin crew seemed friendly enough. The flight was a little pricey, but then all internal flights are. Aircraft (Saab 2000) was in good shape, but you could tell it's age judging by the decor of the cabin, but seats were quite comfortable. Was a bit annoying as on the return flight, my seat reclined when I leaned back without me pressing the button. Overall a good flight and would happily recommend to anyone.
AircraftSaab 2000
RouteSOU to LBA
Date FlownDecember 2015

"no staff available"

Humberside to Aberdeen with Eastern Airways, and the first time I have flown from Humberside and it will be the last. Arrived at the airport two hours before departure to check in for my flight only to find that Eastern Airways had no staff available on the check in or on the customer service desk. Contacted them by phone and was told that no one would be available until an hour before flight departure. Great customer service.
RouteHUY to ABZ
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"mattered as a customer"

First time I have used Eastern Airways so wasn't quite sure what to expect however I was very pleasantly surprised at the experience. The price was £98 return Leeds/Bradford to Southampton. This is about £40 more than the cost of driving. It would also take 10 hrs in total driving (especially through roadworks on the M1). The flights were both on time and took less than the scheduled 65 mins. Check in staff very efficient, including fast-track through security (nice touch). Price also included a 15kg suitcase. Complimentary mints handed out at take off and landing, also offered complimentary drinks and crisps during flight. When was that last offered on a domestic flight on budget airlines? The plane as an older turboprop plane but clean and comfortable with lots of legroom. I will certainly use again and thanks to all the staff for restoring my faith in air travel as we all know how tedious it can get. I actually felt I mattered as a customer for once. Well done guys.
RouteLBA to SOU
Date FlownDecember 2015

"very cramped and noisy"

I have to fly with Eastern Airways when traveling to and from work so I fly with them at least twice a month from Scatsta to Aberdeen. I have never known a flight to either land or depart on time, they always have delays on this route and its very time consuming. The planes we use are very cramped and noisy. If i didnt have to fly with this company for work I would not bother to fly with them again.
RouteScatsta to Aberdeen
Date FlownNovember 2015

"will not be using again"

I have been using Eastern Airways for about a year now, traveling between Humberside and Aberdeen for Business. I started to notice that when I booked some flights it would say only 4 seats left and I would have to pay the middle tier over £200 one way! It was always the case I got on the flight to find that there would be about 11 people on there and plenty of empty seats, what extra did I get for the higher price - nothing, same seat as the £165 one, nothing different. After spending a lot of money with this airline, I now travel on train to another airport and I can get 2 flights, 2 trains for less then the lowest fare available with Eastern Airways, even flying across the sea I can get cheaper then a domestic flight. Trouble is some people are stuck and have to use the local airport, but if the prices do not start to come down, they will end up pushing everyone to other airports and little airports like Humberside will end up closing. It's just greed, if other airlines can fly at £60 a seat for a domestic flight, then why cant they? I will not be using again.
RouteAberdeen to Humberside
Date FlownOctober 2015

"found the flight comfortable"

Flew Newcastle to Birmingham with Eastern Airways for the first time today, and found the flight comfortable and flight attendant polite, courteous and professional. The plane was loud but that's to be expected for a small plane. I would definitely recommend and fly again with them.
RouteNewcastle to Birmingham
Date FlownOctober 2015

Eastern Airways customer review

I have used Eastern Airways for a number of years as my commute to work in the offshore industry. They have always been expensive and have the monopoly on this route. I note when another carrier recently went into completion with them for the Aberdeen route from Leeds Bradford their prices dropped dramatically. I used to book the zonal route pass which bought 6 return flights with full flexibility for around £1700. For my last 6 return flights I booked the 13.10 to DTV. Eastern Airways after accepting my booking and payment cancelled 4 of them on the return portion for operational reasons which were half term holidays and such like. I had to take a later flight which got me to my destination later than had I used the train at a significantly lower cost. The last two flights from DTV to Aberdeen were late and cancelled also. Technical problems sometimes occur and have to be accepted but it seems much more common lately. This airline is unreliable and accepts bookings offering flexibility and then removes the flexibility. I note another offshore workers review states that nobody within the industry has a good word for them and I agree with his statement. A budget airline experience at premium prices. I am now travelling by train
RouteAberdeen to Durham Tees Valley
Date FlownJune 2015

Eastern Airways customer review

Surprisingly good. First time with Eastern. Good check-in at NWI airport, quite efficient and speedy (except for the Norwich airport surprise tax) Boarding on time, nice friendly greeting on board. Good seating (1x2) - I chose the single seat. Good legroom, surprising good all round seat, quite impressive for a small airline. Inflight good, nice coffee and biscuits. A sandwich would have been nice but it was only a short flight. Cabin crew good and attentive. Good communications from cockpit and cabin crew. On time departure and early arrival. Nice to see a crew route around bumpy weather. Good all round experience.
AircraftSaab 2000
RouteNorwich to Aberdeen
Date FlownJune 2015

Eastern Airways customer review

Due to a family bereavement I had the need to make a day round trip from Leeds to Southampton. Two options were available to me train or fly down. Despite not having flown for 25 years I chose the fly option based on cost and obviously journey time. What an excellent choice I made: I booked with Eastern Airways and had an extremely pleasant trip. Check in was efficient the flight crew were attentive offering light refreshments and warm towels on both legs and both flights were on time despite some very inclement weather on the approach to Leeds/Bradford. The aircraft was a Jetstream and although quite small I found it to be clean comfortable and surprisingly quiet for a turbo-prop. I have no hesitation in recommending Eastern and would use them again. The experience restored my confidence in flying!

Eastern Airways customer review

Tuesday 7th Aberdeen-Newcastle. Service is terrible. I fly Aberdeen to Newcastle and know many who travel the same route through working in the offshore industry nobody has a good word to say. Prices are a fortune and customer service doesn't exist. I believe Aberdeen got voted the worst city in 2014 and when you deal with the staff at Eastern in the airport you can see why. Lazy and no sense of helping a paying customer a £211 one way flight paying customer. Sorry to tar all of the staff with the same brush as I'm sure there are good ones in there i just haven't met them in the last 9 years of using Eastern. I thought Bristows would improve things but nearly a year past and still the same dire service. Needs must though i'm afraid so until the day comes when Flybe or someone takes over then I'm stuck with Eastern.
Seat Comfort N/A