Delta Air Lines

Delta Air Lines customer review

I recently flew to Fort Wayne from Philly. Both ways had a lay over so I flew 4 separate planes. Of the 4 I had a broken seat on 3 of them. Not able to recline on 2 because it was broken and the other I had a broken seat cushion that repeatedly slid off making the flight that much more comfortable as I had to keep standing and fixing it. At least I was able to enjoy a beverage. Oh no I was not because 2 flights did not serve any and the last leg of my journey the 3 flight "attendants" were unable to fully serve the plan in the 70 min we were in the air. I have taken 20 min flights in Europe where I get served fresh tea and a biscuit by one flight steward for the entire plane. If ever have the displeasure of flying your airline I will be sure to bring duck tape a tool box and a coke so I can be comfortable.
Value For Money N/A

Delta Air Lines customer review

February 1 2014. CDG (Paris) to SEA (Seattle-Tacoma). I would have given Delta a higher score an 8 out of 10 for trip satisfaction but the seats on the aircraft were very uncomfortable (the worst I've experienced). The recline was minimal which made it impossible for me to sleep. I had to remove the catalogue / inflight magazine from the seat pocket in front of me in order to gain a 1/2 inch or so of leg space. I considered upgrading to economy comfort but only available seats were by the toilets and the seats were described as having "up to" 4 inches of additional leg room but no mention of additional recline. The seats are acceptable short flights but not for long-haul travel.

Delta Air Lines customer review

ATL-DUB Delta 176 in business class leaving Atlanta on November 22 and returning November 30 Delta 177. The food was fantastic and filling. I liked the fact that there was a great selection of entrees both for the main meal and the meal prior to landing. The seat sort of reminded me of L'Espace Affaires on Air France in 2007. That said it was very comfortable. The only downside is that I was unable to sleep. The flight crew going to Dublin was nothing short of fantastic. The flight crew returning was great but not as good as the outgoing crew. The in- flight entertainment was OK. While I didn't explore as much on the outgoing flight I was able to watch 3 movies I had not seen on the return flight. The only real downside is that it cost me nearly double the frequent flier miles to fly for free than it had cost me when I flew Delta to Dublin in 2000. All in all a very positive experience.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Wife and I flying from Memphis Tenn. to Edmonton Alberta. Released from the Memphis hospital (after a stroke) on Sunday flying home the next day. When we booked the flight we requested we sit together due to my need for assistance. Reply "No problem" get to the airport check in we are in the same row. but her on one side of the plane I am on the other 2 people and 1 aisle between us. We explained the situation to the clerk they said "No problem we will fix it at the gate." Result - back seats in the plane no recline at all very limited space.

Delta Air Lines customer review

I flew from DUB-JFK-PHX. The transatlantic leg was enjoyable. The flight attendants did several drink runs although they only pour half a can unlike other airlines. Each passenger had their own personal backseat TV and the movie/music/game selection was fantastic. Headphones are provided for those didn't bring their own. Toilets were clean and hot towels are provided to freshen up. The second leg from JFK-PHX was less impressive. Entertainment is provided by an old CRT monitor in the centre of the aisle meaning you have no choice in what you watch. Expect old sitcom reruns. No meals on this flight either despite it being nearly as long as DUB-JFK. The boredom of this flights combined with my hunger meant I couldn't wait to get off. Conclusion: fly Delta transatlantic but avoid for domestic flights within the USA.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Flew JNB-ATL-SNA on Feb 6 2014. Departure from JNB on time though boarding was a bit chaotic. Economy class seating on B77L from JNB-ATL ok. Weber slimline seats are a quite firm and this becomes ever more evident on this long 16 hour flight. Cabin crew most unfriendly and really did not want to be providing the on board services. In flight meals very poor. Cabin crew on ATL-SNA flight a little better. AVOD on B77L very good with excellent picture quality and selections.

Delta Air Lines customer review

I have flown Delta 3 round trips in the past 3 months. The first flight had an engine problem over the Atlantic and we had to make an emergency landing in Canada and were forced to sit on the plane for 6 hours waiting for a new plane. I do have to say the crew was great. Missing my connection I arrived home a day late. My second flight was normal with no issues. My trip had another engine problem. This time before take-off. Instead of getting home on Friday night I had to wait until Saturday night to get home. The crews and ground staff have been great but Delta is not maintaining its planes.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Honolulu to LA First class. Lucked out got a flight that was inbound from Japan so configuration was Intl business. Normally Hawaii routes get the oldest planes with the least amount of comfort. This was a wonderful surprise. Complemented by a wonderful crew that was eager to please with warm excellent service this flight was a pleasure. Great entertainment nice lunch warm service and tail winds.
Cabin FlownFirst Class

Delta Air Lines customer review

BKK-NRT-BKK in Business Elite on B747. Don't fly Delta much and was impressed with the product. Seats comfortable and private whilst seated on upper deck. Cabin ambience pleasant service attentive and professional IFE above average. In general a cut above the other American carriers and significantly better than the previous Delta international business product. Only disappointment was not having Premium Lane cards for arrival in BKK. BKK can have lengthy immigration queues and all major carriers provide this 'fast track' card which is a must when arriving into BKK. I enquired about it with the crew and they were baffled and seemed to have no idea with what I was talking about as if they had never heard of it. Other than that very nice experience.

Delta Air Lines customer review

January 15th SLC to CDG. I would have purchased an economy comfort seat for the extra $210 but the only available ones were by the toilets. My economy seat was the most uncomfortable seat I have experienced on a long flight - inadequate seat padding and very limited recline. Otherwise the flight was acceptable the food edible the FAs competent performance on time. Next time I fly to Europe I'll avoid Delta on account of my experience with the uncomfortable seat. Based on my experience on this trip I would not recommend Delta to friends and family. I may fly Delta again but only on short domestic trips.