Delta Air Lines

Review by (United States) 7th July 2015

I had a great trip from JFK to FCO. Comfortable seats, good food and a decent amount of legroom. Cabin staff were quite helpful, they provided lots of information about flight time, weather, traffic, and delay since there was a large amount of rain before my flight. Will fly with Delta again.
AircraftA330-300
RouteNew York JFK to Rome FCO

Review by (India) 7th July 2015

I flew on this airline while on vacation in the USA. We were going from San Francisco to West Palm Beach via Atlanta. We first went from San Francisco to Atlanta and the staff were good. The plane had touch screens but some didn't work properly but were OK. The snacks were good especially the cookies. We reach Atlanta early so were in time for our next flight for West Palm Beach. The next flight was also good. The flight was short. Overall a very good airline.
AircraftBoeing 767-300 and MD88
RouteSan Francisco to West Palm Beach via Atlanta

Review by (United States) 6th July 2015

The TV, music and wifi service was not working. When we landed, we sat on the Tarmac for 45 minutes with the smell of jet fuel in the cabin. It was a horribly long and uncomfortable wait that made us late
RouteTampa, FL to Los Angeles, CA

Review by (United States) 6th July 2015

On the way to Key West our plane was delayed 3 hours. They delayed it after we had boarded, so we had to stay in the hot airplane with no air conditioning. We were told our best option was to check our bags because there wasn't much room on board. They told us our bags would reach our final destination. When we arrived in Key West mine, nor my families bags were on the carousel. We were told they were still sitting at Atlanta airport. We finally got them the next day. Flying back we also had a delay for 2 hours for no reason. We were not allowed to exit the plane. Flying with Delta was the worst experience I have encountered.
RouteKey West to Atlanta

Review by (United States) 5th July 2015

The first flight was running 45 min behind for what Delta staff said was "no reason why". Then in Atlanta we ran to catch the other flight arriving early still to board. We were told that our seats had been given away. We explained we were early and there was no reason given why our seats were given away. We found out the flight was 55 people overbooked. We were told we could wait in the aireport until we could get another flight. This happened over and over to others too. We finally got the flight out of ATL on Delta.
RouteHuntsville to Denver

Review by (United States) 3rd July 2015

I started this trip on Wednesday July 1 from Raleigh North Carolina. The flight was delayed from leaving there to come to Atlanta and I missed my connect flight to Brazil. We final get to the Atlanta airport to find out we couldn't leave until 7pm on July 2. We were stuck at airport until then. We try to check in July 2 for 7 pm fight to find out that Delta did not rebook our flights the way they confirmed they had. They did fix that so we wait till 7pm for our plane out. Well after waiting for hours and hours we board out going plane. Then after 30 min on plane they tell us there is a problem with the plane mechanics, so we un board the plane and wait. Delay after delay, then at 11 pm we are allowed to board the plane again only to be told after 20 min the flight was delayed till 8 am on July 3! There was not offer for help or compensation of an sort.
RouteRaleigh to Paraguay via Brazil

Review by (Hong Kong) 3rd July 2015

Prior to the trip, I chose the seat 15ABC on the first leg and 19ABC on the latter leg for my family. At HKG, I was told that all of us has been upgraded to Business Elite on both flights, 1A2A3A and 2ACD. It was a great experience.
AircraftA330-200 / B737-800
RouteHKG to LAX via SEA

Review by (United States) 3rd July 2015

Flew from Atlanta to Los Angeles in order to connect with Air New Zealand to Auckland. I selected the economy comfort seats and found them to be very nice and the legroom more than I expected. What was interesting how the cabin was separated though not with a divider so it felt very exclusive. In addition, there was a blanket and headset for watching the back seat TV. We received other snacks as well as the other normal offerings. One thing that can be said is Delta is trying to improve its service and the fact that they still offer some type of snack with your drink is better than what you get from American and United.
RouteAtlanta to Auckland via Los Angeles

Review by (United States) 2nd July 2015

The flight was delayed. The boarding process was unorganized and a complete mess. We were the last ones to board and by the time we got to the entrance, my bag was automatically taken to be sent with the rest of the cargo because the flight was full and there was no space. When I check the cabins inside, I saw spaces available. The crew/staff didn't even check to see if there was space which proves how unprofessional this airline is. I paid for my ticket and only brought this bag. The crew were also unprofessional and tried to argue the fact that once the bag is checked that there was nothing for them to do and that's how things are. I guess poor food and delayed flights are not the only things that best described the service and reputation of Delta.
RouteJFK to FLL

Review by (United States) 2nd July 2015

Many people have had negative reviews about Delta domestic flights. I had no problem with them. Compared to International airlines I've flown they don't come close. But for domestic they were superb. Great FA's, clean plane, and on time service. The seats aren't too bad, and the inflight entertainment system was pretty good. Overall a nice flight and I would choose them again if I had the chance.
RouteNew York to Los Angeles