Top 100 Airlines

Delta Air Lines

"cannot get over the rudeness"

Toronto to Melbourne via Atlanta with Delta. The first leg of our journey was great. Helpful and friendly staff. The second part, however, became a nightmare of pure frustration. We had a 3 hour lay-over in Atlanta and went directly to our gate to wait. We had been told that we would get a seat assigned once there. When the boarding agents arrived at the desk, we politely asked for a seating assignment. We were brusquely told to just sit down and watch the screens. Our name would appear with the seating assignment. We sat and waited - and waited. Not sure of what was happening. We waited until the clerk was finished boarding one group and didn't seem to be too busy. We again, politely asked how this system worked and were once again rudely told to sit down. Finally, when they were calling for last minute passengers we went to the desk again. This time we refused to sit down. Eventually they found us two seats, one at the back and the other in the middle of the plane. We were the last ones on. I had just settled when the boarding clerk came rushing on board and forced me to move to another seat. By this time I was in tears. It's not as if we booked this ticket as a last minute. We had booked 6 months in advance. I cannot get over the rudeness and inefficiency of the airline personnel in Atlanta. Never again will I fly Delta.
RouteYYZ to MEL via ATL
Date FlownApril 2016

"Delta switched the aircraft"

(Brazil)

Los Angeles - Orlando April 21st 2016 I had bought comfort seats, but when I boarded the plane I noticed that I was given two ordinary seats which did not recline and I was also separated from my wife. I am a 6.10ft tall, 70 year old senior. Delta switched the aircraft (Boeing 757 N552NW had a diferent configuration from the plane originally assigned for this leg, with fewer comfort seats) and no one warned me. As I got in I asked for assistance from the steward in attendance. He answered he had nothing to do with that adding he would have to be better paid by Delta to deal with such matters. Delta didn't warn me of the change in the seating category and the employee treated me with disrespect. I tried talking to the cabin chief and she offered me a glass of wine to solve the situation, which I refused. I was obliged to travel in a terrible situation.
RouteLAX to MCO
Date FlownApril 2016

"pleased with the service"

Newport News to Denver return. I just want to say how pleased my husband and I are with the service we received by Delta. Our flight from Denver to Atlanta was delayed by over two hours, so we were going to miss our connecting flight from Atlanta to Newport News. The counter clerk in Denver was very kind, and went to work to see what she could do for us. She found us an earlier flight that allowed us to make it to our connecting flight in Atlanta. Had she not done that, our only other option would"ve been staying overnight in Atlanta to catch a new connecting flight. She also upgraded us to first class, and we received VIP treatment during the flight. Additionally, during that flight from Denver to Atlanta, there was a flight attendant who went above and beyond in making sure we had everything we needed. I was very dehydrated when I boarded the plane, and she showed genuine empathy and concern. She made sure I did not run out of water the whole flight, and asked several times how I was feeling. By the time we landed, I had greatly improved in how I felt! This flight attendant on DL1916, May 16th 2016 was great. I can't say enough about her kindness!
RoutePHF to DEN
Date FlownMay 2016

"reserve your seats on booking"

London to Tampa via New York JFK with Delta Air Lines. Flights were all on time, aircraft clean and seating space adequate. Pleased to see the plane was only half full so passengers could move to other seats and I was lucky enough to have the 3 middle seats to myself. Food was ok, usual chicken or beef but could not describe what vegetable was with it, plenty of drink runs throughout the flight with bottles of water offered and nice to be offered beer, wine or spirits for free on the international sectors. Inflight entertainment was excellent with a good choice of latest box office movies, tv shows also available, as on previous occasions disappointed with the music selections available. I like the fact that you can reserve your seats on booking, unlike some airlines who charge for this, or won't let you confirm seats until 24 hours before departure. Third time I have flown Delta and as long as their fares remain competitive will book with them again.
RouteLHR to TPA via JFK

"offered cramped conditions"

Verified Review | La Guardia to Louisville. To my horror, I realised that my connecting flight was a codeshare with Delta. The staff were rude, and the poor management strategies were apparent from a quite empty plane that only offered cramped conditions (with no reclining options) to its passengers. To be fair, I was told that it would cost $50 extra to occupy an empty seat with the extra leg room, and chose not to pay the difference for an hour journey. It seems Delta management have missed out on $50, and confirmed their reputation, and earned a worthy review. The flight was delayed, and only about an hour late, so that was better than expected!
RouteLGA to SDF
Date FlownMay 2016

"risk of losing my business"

Atlanta to Paris with Delta - I have yet to travel but I have already had a poor customer service experience. I am a longtime American Express cardholder, a Delta SkyMiles customer, and a loyal Delta customer who carefully selected my seats the day I booked the trip a month and a half ago. I received a confirmation e-mail noting the seats we had selected as well. When I logged into the Delta website I learned that Delta had moved one of our seats, separating us. This is a very special trip, a 30th birthday celebration, and it is very important that we sit together. The staff treated me horribly, were unwilling to do anything to change the seats, and did not do anything to offer to help. If Delta is not able to retain me as a customer, they are at risk of losing my business.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteATL to CDG
Date FlownMay 2016

"no porters or wheelchairs"

Horrible! I made this flight reservation from Tampa to Detroit for my father. I spoke to Delta Reps on the phone when I made his reservation. I specifically told them he needed wheelchair assistance to the gate and onto the plane and the same assistance with deboarding and getting to baggage claim. He arrived over 2 hours early for his flight. When he got to the airport there were no porters or wheelchairs at the curb to help him. When he checked in at the ticket counter the Rep told him that he only had economy seating left and a window seat at that and there was no way to get him an aisle seat and on top of that the Rep also told him they were short staffed and didn't have a wheelchair for him. He then told him "you better head over to security because it's a long wait and if I find a wheelchair I come get you".
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteTPA to DTW

"offers a good product"

Verified Review | Roundtrip with Delta from Frankfurt to Las Vegas via Detroit and San Francisco to Frankfurt via Atlanta. Overall a good experience. All flights on time or even ahead of schedule. Transfers at Detroit and Atlanta were easy and smooth. Delta has well organised hubs with plenty of "Need Help" centers. Staff is fantastic from check-in to flight attendants, always friendly, attentive and willing to help. Long-haul flights were on an older B767-400, but cabin was modern and well maintained. IFE was good with a wide selection of movies, but only 4 (FRA-DTW) and 2 (ATL-FRA) in German language. Meals were tasty and beverage service very generous on intercontinental flights. Beer, wine and spirits were free, served in the biggest plastic cups I ever got in economy class! Also water cups or bottles were offered by cabin crew every 45-60 minutes. US flights were a bit different. Planes (B737-900) were new, with IFE at every seat. Some movies were free, some you had to pay for (6$). There were a lot of movies available in German language (20-25), more than on flights to Germany. Free drinks and snacks (pretzels, cookies, peanuts) were offered several times, but you have to pay for alcoholic beverages and "real" food. Food offers were expensive and selection was rather poor. There is a lack of fresh food (e.g. salad) or hot meals, most offers included industrial food like crackers and crisps. That was the only negative aspect of my journey, in total Delta offers a good product.
AircraftBoeing 767-400 / Boeing 737-900
RouteFRA to LAS via DTW
Date FlownApril 2016

"really took care of us"

Our Delta Air Lines flight out of Seattle to Bismarck was delayed five hours, but they switched our flights no problem and included free pizza before the one that was delayed! Never seen that before. And we got a $200 gift card for our trouble! The delay sucked but they really took care of us.
RouteSEA to BIS
Date FlownApril 2016

"beg people to trade seats"

Verified Review | Atlanta to Portland with Delta. We had infant in arms. They split us up and weren't able to sit us together. We had to beg people near us to trade seats because no one wanted to sit in the middle. It was night flight and the kid was cranky. When we landed the new stroller was scratched up, dirty, and not taken care off. Couple years ago Delta had delayed flight and didn't provide us hotel since the flight was in 8 hours. We thought something changed since those couple years, but guess not.
RouteATL to PDX