Delta Air Lines

"one of the best flights"

Trip Verified | Minneapolis to Boston. This was one of the best flights I have been on! All the staff were caring and considerate. Delta has recently upgraded their A319 aircraft, there are larger overhead bins so the plane holds more carry ons. The plane also features Inflight entertainment screens. Delta’s new selection of snacks are great.
RouteMinneapolis to Boston
Date FlownJune 2018

"easiest and most pleasant"

Trip Verified | Dublin to Cancun via New York. Very impressed with this airline. Have travelled a lot and used many airlines but Delta was by far the easiest and most pleasant. Staff were extremely helpful efficient and apologetic at any delays. Made the journey so easy and hassle free. Many thanks
RouteDublin to Cancun via New York
Date FlownJune 2018

"We are ever so thankful"

Not Verified | Flew to Aruba last month with no issues. Was scheduled to fly to Nebraska today (June 2018) from Ford Airport in Grand Rapids, MI, with a connecting flight in Minneapolis. Wanted to give credit and thanks to the great Customer Service Representative who helped us. Our flight to Minneapolis was very delayed, which meant we were going to miss our connecting flight in Minneapolis going to Omaha. This staff member checked every other possible flight options and everything was booked. She graciously checked on refunding our flight money, which was granted. We are ever so thankful in her turning a bad situation into a more positive one. We drove to Omaha, but have always had great service through Delta Airlines, and won't hesitate to keep flying through them!!
RouteGrand Rapids to Aruba
Date FlownMay 2018

"sleeping in the airport"

Trip Verified | My flight was supposed to be in Atlanta for an hour layover! We were scheduled to leave Atlanta at 10:30pm and be in Fort Lauderdale at 12:30am. I cannot believe we are basically sleeping in the airport after I paid for a hotel room. The staff at this Atlanta Airport are rude.
RouteIndianapolis to Ft Lauderdale
Date FlownJune 2018

"never book with Delta again"

Trip Verified | Atlanta to Ft. Lauderdale. Delayed flight 3 times. Was supposed to leave at 10:30pm. Flight got delayed to 1:15am. Then flight got delayed to 2:20. Flight got delayed again until 3:20. Told us that it’s not guaranteed. At this point we are the only people in the airport here with the night workers and construction workers. You have people sleep on the floors and sleep anywhere they can. This is very inconvenient! We had a room booked and we are still currently stuck at the airport uncomfortable! I will never book with Delta again! Very unprofessional. So upset that we have been in the airport for five hours already!
RouteAtlanta to Ft. Lauderdale
Date FlownJune 2018

"Save money and fly economy"

Not Verified | I wanted to alert fellow fliers that Delta Comfort Plus is really a scam, at least on this flight from New York to Barcelona. This is not premium economy at all. All it is seats with 3 inches more pitch. You get the same long boarding line as economy, same cabin, same seats, same meals, everything the same except a little more legroom. On top of that, a boarding system that was laughable and bad food (I mean inedible). This, for an extra $1000 per person, was insane. On the other hand, flight crew on both flights were excellent, as was the selection of movies on the in flight entertainment system. Save money and fly economy.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteNew York to Barcelona

"disrespect to customer"

Not Verified | This flight was delayed by one hour or so, which made me miss subsequent flights Delta 0121 (MSP to HND) and China Eastern 0540 (HND to PVG). This delay caused me to change my subsequent flight to next day which caused a penalty of $1,187.90 that I had to pay to China Eastern. Also, when Delta booked me for the next day flight, they told me that my single piece of luggage will be in the same flight as me and that I should not be worried about it. Next day I came early to the airport and wanted to double check that my luggage is on-boarded with me in the same flight, to my surprise, I figured out that my piece of luggage was actually sent to Chicago and no one can explain why? I spent an hour with luggage service, at the end they told me that we are forwarding it to Shanghai and that it will be in Shanghai 8 hours before me, so, I was OK to just go to luggage service to pick it up once there. When I reached Shanghai, the luggage service could not even track it, China Eastern had no clue where it is. Next day I spend couple hours on the phone to try to figure out when can I receive my luggage but didnt get anything. I called then Delta luggage service, they told me that my luggage is still in Chicago and it is planned to go to HND next day then to PVG. After calling 2 to 3 times a day, finally I received my luggage 4 days since my original flight. I was on a business trip and my stop at Shanghai was primary for meetings scheduled for Saturday April 28th, due to delay, I missed these meeting and my stop at Shanghai become worthless. I couldnt make up for these meetings since Monday and Tuesday was a Holiday in China and I had to continue my trip to my next stop in Wuhan. The damage caused by this delayed flight and luggage is difficult to quantify beside the cash penalty that I paid ($1,187.90). I would like per this complaint to explain all the negative impact I went through due to a delay of a Delta flight.Resolution: Sugar coated email with 7500 bonus point. Total disrespect to customer.
RouteDetroit to Haneda via Minneapolis
Date FlownMay 2018

"Completely ridiculous"

Trip Verified | Was scheduled to fly from Medford to Seattle and end in Lihue, Kauai. Our flight was delayed multiple times making a 3 hour delay and would result in missing our connecting flight into Seattle to make it to Kauai. There were no later flights this same day to Kauai, so we were scheduled for the next morning to fly from Medford to Seattle (now we’ve missed our first night of vacation). After asking the airline how often this happens, she responded maybe 1/15 planes are delayed and was unlikely it would happen again. Then our next morning flight scheduled for 5.45am and was for the second time, delayed 3 hours to 8.30am and we were scheduled to miss our connecting flight in Seattle once again! Although Delta re-imbursed tickets and we will still make it to Kauai this evening through yet a third scheduling conflict - it has put us behind 24 hours into our trip. Needless to say I will not be planning on flying Delta Air Lines for quite some time- at least out of Medford. Completely ridiculous.
RouteMedford to Seattle
Date FlownJune 2018

"Avoid if you have other options"

Trip Verified | Dublin to Toronto via Boston. Avoid the airline if you have other options. I have been left with no luggage almost 3 days now. No communication from the airline in regards to when I will have it delivered. No help at all. Ruined my holiday.
RouteDublin to Toronto via Boston

"not seen the money"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Oslo to Minneapolis via Paris. My luggage got lost between Paris and Minneapolis on the 21st March. I received it on the 25th of May. I have a receipt and many emails saying I will be compensated USD 300 - I have still after three months not seen the money. I get emails from Delta all the time saying how sorry they are and that the amount will be put into my account but it never happens. All emails they send cannot be replied to. There is only one Norwegian phone number provided that transfers me to KLM Holland. They transfer me on to the USA where I am put on hold for long times. I hanged up once after 34 minutes. I have called and spoken to a number of people I have been transferred to but never end up with the right person. They all tell me to go to [email protected] I have done that several times but only end up with emails saying how sorry the are and that the email cannot be replied to. I has been a nightmare and no one takes responsibility. But they are extremely good at saying how sorry they are and send email to me time after time that the money will be transferred to me!
RouteOslo to Minneapolis via Paris