Delta Air Lines

Review by (United States) 3rd July 2015

Flew from Atlanta to Los Angeles in order to connect with Air New Zealand to Auckland. I selected the economy comfort seats and found them to be very nice and the legroom more than I expected. What was interesting how the cabin was separated though not with a divider so it felt very exclusive. In addition, there was a blanket and headset for watching the back seat TV. We received other snacks as well as the other normal offerings. One thing that can be said is Delta is trying to improve its service and the fact that they still offer some type of snack with your drink is better than what you get from American and United.
RouteAtlanta to Auckland via Los Angeles

Review by (United States) 2nd July 2015

The flight was delayed. The boarding process was unorganized and a complete mess. We were the last ones to board and by the time we got to the entrance, my bag was automatically taken to be sent with the rest of the cargo because the flight was full and there was no space. When I check the cabins inside, I saw spaces available. The crew/staff didn't even check to see if there was space which proves how unprofessional this airline is. I paid for my ticket and only brought this bag. The crew were also unprofessional and tried to argue the fact that once the bag is checked that there was nothing for them to do and that's how things are. I guess poor food and delayed flights are not the only things that best described the service and reputation of Delta.
RouteJFK to FLL

Review by (United States) 2nd July 2015

Many people have had negative reviews about Delta domestic flights. I had no problem with them. Compared to International airlines I've flown they don't come close. But for domestic they were superb. Great FA's, clean plane, and on time service. The seats aren't too bad, and the inflight entertainment system was pretty good. Overall a nice flight and I would choose them again if I had the chance.
RouteNew York to Los Angeles

Review by (United States) 2nd July 2015

I often read negative reviews of Delta. I for one have found them to be by far the best of the legacy carriers. I always find the staff helpful and pleasant, both ground and cabin staff. My recent flight had a routing DSM/MSP/JFK/LHR. On arrival at MSP I realized that my connecting flight to JFK was delayed, making the JFK connection impossible. When I explained my dilemma to a very helpful Delta employee in the Delta Club room she immediately worked on getting both me and my luggage onto the MSP/LHR service. An ontime boarding took place and I was greeted with a smile by the cabin services manager. Once airborne dinner was served (a very reasonable meal) promptly allowing the maximum time for sleep. We arrived into LHR on time and I cleared immigration and customs in a little over 30 minutes from touchdown. Delta had done for me exactly what I had asked from them, a safe, pleasant, on time journey. All the staff that I encountered during this trip were friendly and responded positively to my needs. What more could I have asked for?
AircraftCRJ-900 / Boeing 767-400
RouteDSM to LHR via MSP

Review by (United States) 2nd July 2015

San Diego to ATL on June 30. Started with the airline offering free pizza in the gate area. Boarded the 737-900 and flight crews standing throughout the plane welcomed passengers with a pleasant greeting. Economy comfort seat was great with the extra legroom, would not have wanted to be in a regular economy seat for the 4 hour flight. Took off on time, good games, movies, TV shows on the large seatback screens. Flight crew stayed busy the whole time serving snacks and drinks with 2 or 3 runs at least. Landed in Atlanta on time in spite of the not so great weather. No complaints, I would recommend!
Aircraft737-900
RouteSan Diego to Atlanta

Review by (United States) 30th June 2015

After purchasing a ticket for my 14 year old son months in advance, I was very upset after arriving at Orlando International Airport at 4am to be told there would be am additional $150 fee for him. No where when I purchased the ticket did it tell me I'd be charged at the airport, wouldn't you think they would have charged me upfront when I paid for the ticket? If that wasn't bad enough I was told that because of the short period if time before the aircraft was due to depart, 1 hr, if he didn't make the flight there would be an additional $50 fee to get him on the next flight. We were at the airport at 3.30am, not my fault that Delta's counters don't open until 4am. It's bad enough that Delta is one of the more expensive airlines that doesn't offer free WiFi, but the agents at the counter were rude and unsympathetic.
RouteMCO to ORF via ATL

Review by (United States) 29th June 2015

I flew from YYC-ATL, with a stop in Salt Lake City. Check in was very slow and the person behind the desk was very rude. Our flight to Salt Lake City was 2 hours late. The seats were very uncomfortable, they were very hard and had little cushioning. The flight attendants were all rude and glared at you every time you had a request. The bathrooms were some of the filthiest I have experienced. Salt Lake City Airport was dirty and confusing, we had 55 minutes to make our connecting flight and nearly missed it because of the long time it took to change terminals. The flight from Salt Lake City to Atlanta was the same.
AircraftCRJ 700, Airbus A320
RouteCalgary to Atlanta via Salt Lake City

Review by (United States) 29th June 2015

We started out in Boston. Our flight was delayed an hour which was no ones fault. It was because of weather. However after we boarded the plane the isles was full of passengers with carry on's and no room in overhead bins. Flight Attendant created confusion trying to rush us in our seats. They took all 4 of my family's bags and rudely told us they would arrive in SLC our final destination. A diff Attendant handed me 2 baggage labels. I started to ask why 2 instead of 4 and ignored me and rushed up the isle. Because of delay we missed our connection. The Delta staff at JFK were horrible! Very short and acted annoyed that they had to give us directions to catch the new later connection. We arrived at the new gate to more Very rude Delta staff. Our tickets said not assigned so I stood in line at the gate to find out our new seats. When I approached the Delta staff I was told to sit down she was working on assigning seats (several passengers missed the connection). I tried to request that seats together because we were traveling with children on a 5 hour flight. She firmly told me to sit down. I felt like an idiot. They put us on the very back row with seats that partially reclined. Let's just say it was a long 5hours. After arriving in SLC 3hours later at midnight, only 3 out of the 4 bags that the rushing flight attendant took from us in the aisle arrived. Went to bag help and another employee who said he could only take a report because they didn't have record that they checked 4 bags only 2 - Delta did give us a 1888 number to call. Avoid flying Delta at all cost.
RouteBoston to SLC via JFK

Review by (United States) 29th June 2015

Delta/Air France to and from Paris and both times our Delta flight was a problem. On the way out they bumped us from Comfort to Economy with no notice and put me in a middle seat when we had requested 2 aisles. A nice customer service person went into our reservation and could see that we had been bumped but had no idea why. On the way back Delta had no record of our reservation but since we had proof they managed to squeeze us onto the plane after trying to get us to take one 2 hours later. Needless to say we didn't get Comfort on that leg. We were told we would get a refund on our credit card but so far nothing. Luckily we saved everything and have printed tickets, not an eticket.
RouteSeattle to Paris via Detroit

Review by (Canada) 28th June 2015

On June 23rd Delta cancelled our layover flight home to Calgary. They gave 1 hour notice and could only rebook our flight 20 hrs later. Our flight was marked as mechanical problems and Delta advised customers that we had to provide our own hotel room since they "ran out of hotels due to multiple flights cancelled that day". After being on the phone with several agents and talking to associates at the airport we were advised to find our own hotel and submit it to Delta for possible reimbursement. The next day I spoke to a supervisor and she informed me that Delta airlines does not issue reimbursements and she could only give it in a form of a travel voucher for our next flight. I then phoned their customer care team and they told me the same thing only instead they could offer me an iTunes gift card.
RouteYYC to LAS