Vote Now

Delta Air Lines

"uninterested and unhelpful"

Verified Review | Los Angeles to Great Falls via Salt Lake city. Flight delayed resulting in missed connection and adding hours to my travel time after already being in transit for 24 hours. Came off a code share flight from Australia. This is the 3rd change Delta Air Lines have made to my flight since booking last December. The staff here in Los Angeles have been uninterested and unhelpful to the point of rudeness
RouteLAX to GTF via SLC
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"the planes are run down "

Verified Review | Salt Lake City to Paris. Last time for me to fly Delta. Yes, they provide a comparatively cheap fare from Germany to the US, but on both legs (to and from US) technical troubles with the plane (to US: engine; from US: autopilot) led to substantial delays. Badly enough, the information policy on the ground was non-existent ("just don't go anywhere and wait until we board") and on my way back my luggage was lost at Paris CDG airport and arrived three days later. Even though the Business Class product is not bad considering the price, the planes (old Boeing 767/757's) are run down and the two technical issues described above are certainly related to the fact that this airline strives at still flying 20+ year old planes on main routes.
RouteSalt Lake City to Paris
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"doesn't value you as a customer"

Verified Review | Charlestown to Atlanta via New Orleans. I booked a flight on Delta.com 6 months in advance and at the time was not given an assigned seat at that time. As the trip got closer I tried to see if I could get assigned seats so I was sure my wife and I were sitting together. I was told that there was a $50 upgrade fee in order to get assigned seats. I fly 2-5 times a year and I thought this was strange, I had never heard of this before on any airline. The day before our flights I received an email from Delta that they had changed the times of all of our flights. We booked our flights at specific times because we were meeting another couple in New Orleans. because of the flight change they were going to have to sit in the airpot for 2 hours waiting for us. When we arrived to check in they tried to bump us to an even later flight. on our connecting flight they did the same thing. On the return flight our plane arrived early but the gate was damaged and we had to be towed to another gate. This caused us to miss our connecting flight leaving us stranded in the airport for more than 4 hours. We had to scramble to make arrangements while going from gate to gate in the airport only to get home well after 12am. A 14 hour travel day. After almost two hours on the phone with Delta's support they offered us a $100 voucher. That was my last Delta flight. There are plenty of airlines to choose from. Why fly with a company that doesn't value you as a customer?
RouteChalrestown to Atlanta via New Orelans
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"never been so disappointed"

Verified Review | Raleigh-Durham to New York LaGuardia with Delta. I had a flight set up for the 12th and was forced to rebook to the 13th due to severe weather. My flight was scheduled to depart at 7am. I got confirmation just the night before, and had confirmation via email as well. I set my rides around this schedule, got up at 4am and headed to the airport. While in route, nearly arriving at the airport, my boarding pass changed to a 7pm flight. I received no email, no phone call and no text. I called to have this corrected and the representative lied to me and told me that the 7am flight was cancelled so they moved me to the 7pm flight without any form of update. Upon checking with Delta, I found that the 7am flight was still on time to depart. I state again that I had already nearly arrived at the airport by the time I got the notice of the 12 hour change. I have never been so disappointed in my life, I was able to have it changed to a 12pm flight, however this should not have been the case. Someone made a very big mistake along the way and I paid the price, not only did I pay the price but no one took accountability for this. Needless to say my frequent flyer miles are now wasted as I will never again fly Delta, nor will I recommend Delta to anyone.
RouteRaleigh-Durham to LaGuardia
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"very disappointed all round"

Verified Review | Nashville to San Francisco via Salt Lake City. Where to start, we got to Nashville airport with 2 check in bags each (3 of us traveling) and thought it would be easier to check in at the road side counter. The guy there weighed all our bags and then said 'come around this side of the counter and see the total cost for your bags', it was a total of $480 USD for the 6 bags. Now mind you we weighed all our bags before getting to the airport, they were on the limit yes, but he tried to say 1 was close to 60 pound. He then said he would make them all go through for the usual $30 per bag if we 'look after him', so we had to pay him cash (he had a massive amount of cash in his pocket) not so sure if this is Deltas policy. Onboard our leg from SLC to San Fran we asked for a beverage in which we were charged for. We were in Comfort + seating which clearly states on their website and in their brochure in the back of the seat that all drinks including alcohol are free. When asking if this is the case we got a little chuckle and 'argh no mam, no they're not included' and he proceeded to charge us. After re reading the brochure I asked the other attendant who looked at me blankly and said 'yes that's right they're included'. I advised him that his colleague doesn't know this and he has been charging all of us for what's supposed to be included. He had to go and refund everyone one by one. Then to top it off we get to San Francisco airport, get our luggage and my sister in laws brand new Jeep suitcase is distroyed. Literally falling apart. Looks like it had been run over. So off we go to luggage counter and the lady there - while chewing on a lollie - looks at us like we're morons and says 'oh I can get you another one but it won't be a Jeep one sorry'. Well that will have to do unless you want us to carry our underwear and toiletries from San Francisco back to Melbourne. Appalling Delta, very disappointed all round!
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteNashville to San Francisco via Salt Lake City

"my holiday was ruined"

Verified Review | Tucson to Copenhagen via Atlanta / Paris. I was on a 3 day trip to Copenhagen, Denmark to meet my family, my sister came from London and brother came from Sri Lanka to meet me. I bought the ticket with KLM, but the flight was cancelled and they reschedule my ticket with Delta. My bags were checked in at Tucson to Copenhagen via Atlanta and Paris. However, from the beginning, I had bad experiences, at the check in desk two ladies refused to let me board saying that I do not have a valid visa to travel to France even though I produce them my Danish resident permit which is valid for all Schengen states. They simply gave my passport back saying that I cannot travel to France without a valid visa. (I am a Sri Lankan passport holder with a Danish resident permit). I had to speak to their supervisor, and he issued the boarding passes to only to Paris. Enquired him about the boarding pass from Paris to Copenhagen, he said I can get it from the machine once I arrived in Paris. When I arrived in Paris I tried to print my boarding pass, but I was not able to print it due to the fact that they find my flight reservation CDG to CPH. I had to rush to Air France customer service, and they said Delta has not issued my ticket from CDG to CPH while rescheduling my ticket. After 20 minutes thanks to Air France staff they gave my boarding pass. Once I arrived in Copenhagen my baggage did not appear. Then I asked for assistance at CPH lost baggage services to locate my baggage, and they informed me that they have no record after Atlanta. They asked me to contact Delta customer services agents. I contacted them and they were simply reading back to me what is on the Delta website and asked me to wait or either file a lost baggage complain. As per the telephone conversation with Delta baggage services on Saturday, they said they will deliver the baggage to my United States address as they do not have information regarding my baggage. Saturday the 10th December around 10.30pm they rang me and informed me that my baggage arrived at CPH and they are going to deliver it to my hotel. However, I could not hand over those to him as baggage was delivered to me around 11.00pm Danish time Saturday the 10th December, after my brother left Copenhagen. He flew back to Sri Lanka on the 10th December. I was really stressed out as I had to carry the Christmas gifts back to the US and I have no other way to deliver the gifts before Christmas. Moreover, I have to carry that 16kg back to Denmark next time. I asked them for extra compensation as they ruined my holiday as well as I have to find another way of sending the stuff to my family which I already bought for them. I don't think anyone would spend the US $1200 just for 3 days travel if the trip is not really important. Due to their mistake, my holiday was ruined and I could not fulfil the purpose of my travel. I am very disappointed with this Airline and I will avoid flying Delta again..
RouteTucson to Copenhagen via Atlanta / Paris
Date FlownDecember 2016

"cabin service impressed me"

Verified Review | Denver to London return via Detroit outbound, and Minneapolis on return. Delta provided punctual flights, comfortable seats, acceptable food, and good cabin service. This review pertains only to the Detroit to London return flights. Delta Comfort seats had excellent legroom (I'm 6'3") and width (weight 160) and cushioning. We sat in seats 17A/B both routes. In-flight entertainment was OK, but I prefer to watch iPad or do crosswords. Sleep was possible with the recline and own neck pillow, but it was fitful because I dislike sleeping sitting up. Cabin service impressed me. We received two meals, a snack, and at least three beverage rounds (drinks, coffee/tea, juice). Cabin crew were attentive and conscientious. We have flown British Airways and American Airlines internationally on this same route previously and were not impressed. Delta wins. I might add that the Detroit airport was great. We landed about 8:30pm and our flight departed 10pm. Very few people were in the terminal, but most shops were open for water, snacks, etc. It's a modern place.
AircraftA320 / Boeing 767-300
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteDEN to LHR via DTW
Date FlownOctober 2016

"I expected better customer relations"

Verified Review | New Bern to Key West via Atlanta. This flight was supposed to leave at 0550 this am, it was delayed until 0800, then delayed until 1030, now delayed until 1058. We will miss our stand by flight from Atlanta to Key West, and have have to wait until 3.02pm and arrive in Key West at 5pm. Looking at a wasted day of our vacation. We are paying top dollar to stay in Key West and had purchased tickets for a festival today that ends at 5pm ($85). We won't get there to even enjoy a part of the beautiful weather. I have been up since 0130am. No food court, no bottled water offered, just doughnut and coffee. All Delta has offered is $125 voucher for a $377 flight. I find it very hard to understand why there are not any locally based standby pilots in case of sickness, and now no fuel. Very disappointing Delta - I expected better customer relations from you.
RouteNew Bern to Key West via Atlanta
Date FlownAugust 2016

"the seats are tightly spaced"

Verified Review | Flew Delta Air Lines from Los Angeles to Phoenix. Terrible judgement. They had half the plane gate check their bags when there was room in the overhead bins. This cost me 30 minutes on the destination side and caused me to miss my evening plans. Whoever came up with such a short sighted policy or made the decision should be punished. On top of this the seats are tightly spaced my knees heavily abutt the seat in front of me. This airline is very poorly run in my opinion.
RouteLAX to PHX
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"I will never fly Delta again"

Verified Review | Las Vegas to Seattle. Delta has the worst customer experience team. They cancelled my flight and refuse to provide a refund or alternate ticket, instead they are so generous to waive all the fees and only require me to pay the increased fare price. How generous! This is what I got after waiting on hold for hours, having my call dropped twice, and being transferred to the wrong department twice. Clearly these guys just wanted to get rid of me - and they were successful. I will never fly Delta again.
RouteLas Vegas to Seattle