Delta Air Lines

"will not fly Delta again"

Trip Verified | Detroit to Tampa. Recently I decided to start using Delta Airlines. It was a fairly last minute trip so I scheduled a flight from Detroit to Tampa and paid around $450. I scheduled the 8:20 PM because I didn't know what time I would be done with work. It turned out my assignment ended early so I got to the airport at 1PM to try to get on a 3:30PM flight. At first I was informed there would be a $75 fee to change to the earlier flight which was fine with me and well worth it. Then after looking up my fare the Delta employee told me that I could not change the flight because I had an economy fare. The only option was to buy a new ticket for close to $500 on the 3:30 flight. I asked if I could go standby they said no. I asked if there was anything I could do to get on the earlier flight short of paying another full fare. They said "sorry but you purchasd the cheap fare and Delta tries to make as much as they can." So the 3:30 flight was delayed until 4:45. I hung around hoping I could get on the flight. I tried again and Delta said that if the 8:20 is delayed then they would allow me to get on the earlier flight. I asked them to check and they said it was not delayed - sorry. Once everyone boarded the earlier flight I tried again and they said they could not put me on the flight even though there was plenty of extra seats. The later flight is not delayed and that is the only way they would allow it. The flight left. Not 10 minutes goes by and I get an email saying the 8:20 is delayed. Delta Airlines does not care about accommodating its passengers. They could have put me on that earlier flight and made an extra $75 but they chose to be greedy and make me sit in the airport for another 4 hours. My flight has been delayed to 8:45 and I am betting it will be later than that. Fly Southwest - they are the best when it comes to making changes to your flight. They are very accommodating easy to deal with and generally care about their passengers. I will not fly Delta again.
RouteDetroit to Tampa
Date FlownJuly 2018

"young men who were so helpful"

Not Verified | Because of a bad knee, I require a wheelchair when changing planes. On my recent trip from Peoria, IL to Bozeman, MT, along with my two adult daughters and a niece, the young man pushing my wheelchair at the Minneapolis airport was very helpful in getting us to the departure gate on time. On our return trip, the plane was very late leaving Bozeman for Minneapolis. We only had 10 minutes from deplaning time to our departure to Peoria. That young man, pushing my wheelchair, was also very helpful. When we exited the tram from Section D to Section A, we heard our names called for the flight. We were at A 1 and going to A 13. My 53 year old daughter said, should I run and the young man said Yes. She started running and then my 61 year old daughter started running and passed her sister. They were waiting for our group when she arrived at the departure gate because they could see the "girls" running toward them. I'm sorry I did not get the names of those two young men who were so helpful to get us from one plane to another. Also thankful that the gate agent saw the girls running toward then and held the plane. Also wish I had a video of the event.
RoutePeoria to Bozeman via Minneapolis
Date FlownJuly 2018

"will not fly Delta again"

Trip Verified | I flew Delta from Accra, Ghana to Boston transiting in France. The check in process in Accra delayed for about 3 hours due to a system failure so essentially our baggage didn't make it to Boston. Due to the system failure, Delta couldn't pull up my records which it later turned out, they had wrongfully assigned my baggage to another person. Basically it took Delta 3 weeks to find and deliver my bags. To add insult to injury, Delta decided to compensate me with $100, and even that, it's a voucher I have to use towards my next ticket purchase with Delta. Such an appalling gesture from Delta after this grueling ordeal; from terrible experience in their sister Air France flight to wasting my time for 3 weeks. I will not fly Delta again.
RouteAccra to Boston
Date FlownMay 2018

"Worst airline ever"

Not Verified | Hong Kong to Seattle. Do not fly Delta. I have traveled extensively in my 65 years and only fly Delta when I have no other choice. I bought my ticket asked for a window seat, checked in about 24 hours prior to departure, got to the airport three hours early and guess what, got a middle seat for a 14 hour trip on a full plane. Argued my point with the counter clerk and all I got was you can fly standby next flight. Worst airline ever!
RouteHong Kong to Seattle

"lack of compassion"

Trip Verified | My 16 year old daughter was flying solo for the first time. Her mom booked through an agency. We were never made aware of a $150 unaccompanied minor fee. Her flight was cancelled due to poor weather. I get that. It happens but the customer service that followed is unacceptable. Gate agent told my 16 year old daughter that since the fee was not paid there was nothing she could do. My wife had to speak to gate agent on speaker phone to even get her to do basic customer service. The lack of compassion this gate agent showed is appalling. Regardless of any additional fees paid or not the safety of a minor should have been Delta Airlines main priority. Leaving a minor stranded without rectifying the issue is unacceptable. It should not have taken a call from an adult to fix. She knows her job she chose to be lazy and do the bare minimum or actually even less than that. With all the bad press Delta has been receiving you would think that retraining your agents would be a priority. Shame on you Delta Airlines for leaving a 16 year old kid crying hysterically and doing nothing to solve the problem. Your lack of compassion and human decency is noted.
RoutePortland to Baltimore via Salt Lake City

"crews are really nice"

Not Verified | Flight was very good, we came to Atlanta Hartsfield Airport 40 minutes early and that was a smooth landing. Also, on the cabin is kind of hot but it is okay. The crews are really nice and friendly, ground services is nice too. They push back early than the departure time.
AircraftMD-88
RouteSYR to ATL
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"flights were canceled"

Trip Verified | Baltimore to Abuja via Paris. I initially got an email saying It’s time to check in. Within a few mins, I got another email stating that my flights were canceled. After being on hold for over an hour with Air France, they finally changed me to a different flight that actually got me to my destination earlier than before, which I thought was impressive. With my return flight, I got a email at 3am that my flight for that evening was canceled again! I called once again, and surprisingly, the wait time wasn’t nearly as long as the the one before. My flight was moved to Lufthansa. On arrival to the airport I could not even check my bags in for the flight. I’ve checked in online, got my seat and everything else - my seat was given to another person. I decided to have nothing to do with both Delta and Air France and requested for my money back. I’ve booked a return flight with another airline.
RouteBaltimore to Abuja via Paris

"past trip was horrible"

Trip Verified | Detroit to Los Angeles. Our Delta experiences have always been lackluster but these past 2 trips have been horrible. We consider ourselves to be consistent flyers of Delta (4 flights a year) and seem to be considered part of the “lower class” in their terms. Being forced to fly in zone 4 everytime has began to reveal the garbage service of Delta. Using zone 4 we NEVER get to bring out bags on board and always have them checked in. Zone 4 also NEVER gets to choose where we sit and get our entire family split and stick in the middle seat all through the plane. Our trip from Washington DC to Detroit was a short bearable trip as it was an hour but this past trip was horrible as having my children with randoms spread across the plane is a horrible way to treat a family. Upon calling to fix our seating the situation got worse, the computer system told us they would call us back in 3 hours . This is ridiculous customer service. They finally called back and told us we could switch with other passengers but NO ONE wants to switch seats to sit in the middle and we were stuck in our horrible seats. This is how Delta treats it’s frequent flyers. Don’t bother trying to be loyal to them. They will never be loyal back to you!
RouteDetroit to Los Angeles
Date FlownJuly 2018

"never had a bad experience"

Trip Verified | Raleigh to Denver. I have never had a bad experience with Delta--the staff always go above and beyond to help any and every way they can and is by far my favorite airline to fly, and I've flown pretty much every one. Definitely worth the price!
RouteRaleigh to Denver
Date FlownJuly 2018

"leg space was sufficient"

Trip Verified | Excellent evening/overnight flight with on time push back and arrival. The seating in economy class was in a 2-4-2 configuration and I had an aisle seat in the two seat block. The leg space was sufficient. A personal IFE provided opportunities to view movies and tv shows, listen to music, and track the flight. Controls were easy to use. Earphones were provided. Selection was on the small side but was sufficient. A menu flier was provided - I chose a vegetarian pasta dish, it came with the usual accompaniments of salad, bread, and dessert. Beer and wine were complimentary. A light morning pre-arrival snack was served. The flight attendants were friendly and efficient. Luggage space overhead was ample. A sleep mask, pillow, and blanket came with the seat. The aircraft was clean and the flight was smooth. At check in at JFK's Delta terminal 4, I printed out my boarding pass from a machine and did not have to interact with an agent at a desk. The organization of boarding was more or less smooth with gate agents making announcements and screens displaying boarding status. There was no anxiety or stress at the gate. Nothing to complain about. Delta did its job - taking a customer to his destination on time and in comfort. I have been flying them more often now and find that they are offering a quality product.
AircraftA330-300