Top 100 Airlines

Delta Air Lines

"stewardesses were great"

Verified Review | New York JFK to Dublin return with Delta, and travel to and back the seats were changed, but still were able to not only stay in Premium Economy, but in the two seat arrangement. DUB to JFK was in bulkhead seats with great leg room, but the meal tray was an issue, should one be lets say on the heavier side; I had set up the seats a few months ago. Customer service on the phone upgrading to Premium Economy was easy. Flight was good, stewardesses were great, extra leg room and seat comfort with the pillow they supply was decent, movie selection was good, watched two going over, three coming back. I have a gluten intolerance and received my food a bit earlier and it was actually pretty decent. The priority check-in, especially at JFK with the shorter TSA line was really nice, the bottled water at check in was just a plus. Flying again in a few months in Premium Economy and looking forward to it, especially since the flight will be an A330.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteJFK to DUB

"welcoming, friendly crew"

Felt like I hit the lottery with an internationally configured 767 from Honolulu to LA. With a lie flat seat I was already happy. Add to that a welcoming, friendly crew, very good food and a great video selection accompanied by very rare WI-FI over that section of the Pacific. LA to Vegas was short and sweet and comfortable with another warm group of attendants. Only negative comment is about the shabby Honolulu Airport which is not Delta's fault.
AircraftBoeing 767, Boeing 717
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteHNL to LAS via LAX
Date FlownApril 2016

"every single flight was delayed"

I had my first introduction to Delta Air Lines for a weekend trip to San Francisco. I had 4 flights in total and every single flight was delayed. I've never had such a bad experience with an airline and don't intend on flying with this company again. It's one thing to be delayed for 15-30 minutes for traffic delays and a whole other ball game when you're sitting in the airport for multiple hours waiting for a return flight to Canada. Don't recommend Delta to anyone.
RouteSFO to YYJ

"so much for goodwill"

Delta Sky Club admission policy is inconsistent. If you fly in first/business domestic in the afternoon and then fly international the very next morning, all within 24 hours, you are not entitled to use the Sky Club lounge. However, if you make the same flights all in the same day, you can use the Sky Club lounge. Now, even if the policy is inconsistent, you would hope the lounge staff could use some customer-friendly judgement and make an exception to let you in. No such luck at the DCA lounge. So much for goodwill. Sent an email to Delta customer service. We'll see if they are any better at dealing with customers. Next time I have a similar itinerary, I'll try a different airline.
RouteDCA to RTB
Date FlownApril 2016

"forced to take off work"

Verified Review | Flew from St Lucia - O'hare (Connecting flight in ATL). Only flew because the resort had an exclusive with them. Lost bag in ATL in the layover. They finally found it in ATL, and gave me the hours of 8:00am - 8:00pm to be delivered the following day. They would give me a call from an unknown number, but if I didn't answer, they wouldn't deliver it. Since I have a job and don't sit on my phone all day, my other option was for them to leave it at the front porch. I don't know about you, but I don't like my belongings just hanging around the front porch all day, so was I forced to take off work. I found Delta's customer service to be a joke when trying to get compensated for my lost wages. You call into one dept, with no managers, only to be told I have to put a complaint through their website. If you wish to follow up, you'll get the runaround. Once you put a complaint through their website, you'll get an email back from a general email stating, "We don't offer reimbursement", but thanks for paying $1500, along with the bag fees and inconvenience we caused you, but please fly again. You are unable to contact anyone via phone. Apparently, their corp center with the employees sending these emails, don't have phones. There's no phone lines to their Corp Center, so they can just hide behind general emails and deny people. 2nd time they lost my luggage. I can't understand why Delta is still even around.
RouteUVF to ORD
Date FlownApril 2016

"split up, some put on standby"

Verified Review | I would not recommend to my worst enemy. We booked return flights for a family of 6 from Leeds Bradford to Orlando, flying Delta from Atlanta to Orlando, Orlando to Boston and onward to Amsterdam in November 2015 on a single booking reference and e-ticket, and later booked actual seats. We were split up, some put on standby and some not even on the system despite checking the bookings before starting to travel. At Boston the seats we originally booked could not be given to us as they were "blocked" for families. what are 2 grandparents, mother, father and seven year old twins? The seats allocated to us were 2 of the original at the side of the plane, 2 in the row behind the original, the mother moved to economy after being on standby and a seven year old girl to travel by herself. At Amsterdam 4 were on the plane seated in different seats, one was on standby despite the plane being overbooked and one not even on the system
RouteMCO to AMS via BOS
Date FlownApril 2016

"will never fly Delta again"

Verified Review | Philadelphia to Phoenix, and I will never fly Delta again. I traveled with my wife and child. We were not able to sit together unless we paid more money. We got to the airport and got in line to check in. We waited 10 minutes and then were told we had to have boarding passes to be in that line. We finally got them and then we're told we had to pay $100 extra dollars because our bag was a pound over. The Delta employee was rude. We heard nothing but no no no. It was as if it was a luxury for us to pay hundreds of dollars to fly. Flying to and from we had a connecting flight. Each time we were sat in the last row and had to sprint to our next flight. We barely made our connecting flight home. Because we were in the last row and our connecting flight was in a terminal farthest away from us. Delta aren't family friendly.
RoutePHL to PHX
Date FlownMarch 2016

"always a nice experience"

Verified Review | New York JFK to Frankfurt with Delta. Awesome service, flight attendants are helpful, polite and efficient. Flight entertainment is nice and the food was tasty. Flat bed seat was very comfy. Flying Delta airlines is always a nice experience. Ground crew is nice and willing to help. Lounge is nice and clean, with nice food selection.
RouteJFK to FRA
Date FlownApril 2016

"enough legroom and space"

Verified Review | Delta is always an excellent experience I flew from New York JFK to Boston and found the flight crew nice and friendly. Even on a short flight the attention you get from the flight attendants was excellent. Seats were nice and comfortable, enough legroom and space. Ground crew were helpful. I have flown with many airlines and I still think Delta is one of the best.
AircraftCRJ 900
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteJFK to BOS
Date FlownMarch 2016

"get booted from your seat"

Verified Review | Phoenix to Minneapolis. Delta has started the policy of making you recheck in at the airport when they've had a "plane switch." This means that if you check in online, you'll likely get booted from your seat, even though you checked in before others who waited until they got to the airport, and technically made it easier for Delta. I got booted from a seat that I'd booked over a month in advance for both legs of a trip from Minneapolis to Phoenix, and both times they moved me to the back of the plane (from the front/middle like I'd booked). I have both the Delta app and Tripcase, and Delta has my phone number and email on file. Despite getting to the airport over 4 hours before my flight, I received no warning about this at all until the airplane started boarding, at which point they sprung this on me, with no recourse. Meanwhile, all the people who got to the airport after me were moved up.
RoutePHX to MSP