Delta Air Lines

Review by (United States) 5th July 2015

The first flight was running 45 min behind for what Delta staff said was "no reason why". Then in Atlanta we ran to catch the other flight arriving early still to board. We were told that our seats had been given away. We explained we were early and there was no reason given why our seats were given away. We found out the flight was 55 people overbooked. We were told we could wait in the aireport until we could get another flight. This happened over and over to others too. We finally got the flight out of ATL on Delta.
RouteHuntsville to Denver

Review by (United States) 3rd July 2015

I started this trip on Wednesday July 1 from Raleigh North Carolina. The flight was delayed from leaving there to come to Atlanta and I missed my connect flight to Brazil. We final get to the Atlanta airport to find out we couldn't leave until 7pm on July 2. We were stuck at airport until then. We try to check in July 2 for 7 pm fight to find out that Delta did not rebook our flights the way they confirmed they had. They did fix that so we wait till 7pm for our plane out. Well after waiting for hours and hours we board out going plane. Then after 30 min on plane they tell us there is a problem with the plane mechanics, so we un board the plane and wait. Delay after delay, then at 11 pm we are allowed to board the plane again only to be told after 20 min the flight was delayed till 8 am on July 3! There was not offer for help or compensation of an sort.
RouteRaleigh to Paraguay via Brazil

Review by (Hong Kong) 3rd July 2015

Prior to the trip, I chose the seat 15ABC on the first leg and 19ABC on the latter leg for my family. At HKG, I was told that all of us has been upgraded to Business Elite on both flights, 1A2A3A and 2ACD. It was a great experience.
AircraftA330-200 / B737-800
RouteHKG to LAX via SEA

Review by (United States) 3rd July 2015

Flew from Atlanta to Los Angeles in order to connect with Air New Zealand to Auckland. I selected the economy comfort seats and found them to be very nice and the legroom more than I expected. What was interesting how the cabin was separated though not with a divider so it felt very exclusive. In addition, there was a blanket and headset for watching the back seat TV. We received other snacks as well as the other normal offerings. One thing that can be said is Delta is trying to improve its service and the fact that they still offer some type of snack with your drink is better than what you get from American and United.
RouteAtlanta to Auckland via Los Angeles

Review by (United States) 2nd July 2015

The flight was delayed. The boarding process was unorganized and a complete mess. We were the last ones to board and by the time we got to the entrance, my bag was automatically taken to be sent with the rest of the cargo because the flight was full and there was no space. When I check the cabins inside, I saw spaces available. The crew/staff didn't even check to see if there was space which proves how unprofessional this airline is. I paid for my ticket and only brought this bag. The crew were also unprofessional and tried to argue the fact that once the bag is checked that there was nothing for them to do and that's how things are. I guess poor food and delayed flights are not the only things that best described the service and reputation of Delta.
RouteJFK to FLL

Review by (United States) 2nd July 2015

Many people have had negative reviews about Delta domestic flights. I had no problem with them. Compared to International airlines I've flown they don't come close. But for domestic they were superb. Great FA's, clean plane, and on time service. The seats aren't too bad, and the inflight entertainment system was pretty good. Overall a nice flight and I would choose them again if I had the chance.
RouteNew York to Los Angeles

Review by (United States) 2nd July 2015

I often read negative reviews of Delta. I for one have found them to be by far the best of the legacy carriers. I always find the staff helpful and pleasant, both ground and cabin staff. My recent flight had a routing DSM/MSP/JFK/LHR. On arrival at MSP I realized that my connecting flight to JFK was delayed, making the JFK connection impossible. When I explained my dilemma to a very helpful Delta employee in the Delta Club room she immediately worked on getting both me and my luggage onto the MSP/LHR service. An ontime boarding took place and I was greeted with a smile by the cabin services manager. Once airborne dinner was served (a very reasonable meal) promptly allowing the maximum time for sleep. We arrived into LHR on time and I cleared immigration and customs in a little over 30 minutes from touchdown. Delta had done for me exactly what I had asked from them, a safe, pleasant, on time journey. All the staff that I encountered during this trip were friendly and responded positively to my needs. What more could I have asked for?
AircraftCRJ-900 / Boeing 767-400
RouteDSM to LHR via MSP

Review by (United States) 2nd July 2015

San Diego to ATL on June 30. Started with the airline offering free pizza in the gate area. Boarded the 737-900 and flight crews standing throughout the plane welcomed passengers with a pleasant greeting. Economy comfort seat was great with the extra legroom, would not have wanted to be in a regular economy seat for the 4 hour flight. Took off on time, good games, movies, TV shows on the large seatback screens. Flight crew stayed busy the whole time serving snacks and drinks with 2 or 3 runs at least. Landed in Atlanta on time in spite of the not so great weather. No complaints, I would recommend!
Aircraft737-900
RouteSan Diego to Atlanta

Review by (United States) 30th June 2015

After purchasing a ticket for my 14 year old son months in advance, I was very upset after arriving at Orlando International Airport at 4am to be told there would be am additional $150 fee for him. No where when I purchased the ticket did it tell me I'd be charged at the airport, wouldn't you think they would have charged me upfront when I paid for the ticket? If that wasn't bad enough I was told that because of the short period if time before the aircraft was due to depart, 1 hr, if he didn't make the flight there would be an additional $50 fee to get him on the next flight. We were at the airport at 3.30am, not my fault that Delta's counters don't open until 4am. It's bad enough that Delta is one of the more expensive airlines that doesn't offer free WiFi, but the agents at the counter were rude and unsympathetic.
RouteMCO to ORF via ATL

Review by (United States) 29th June 2015

I flew from YYC-ATL, with a stop in Salt Lake City. Check in was very slow and the person behind the desk was very rude. Our flight to Salt Lake City was 2 hours late. The seats were very uncomfortable, they were very hard and had little cushioning. The flight attendants were all rude and glared at you every time you had a request. The bathrooms were some of the filthiest I have experienced. Salt Lake City Airport was dirty and confusing, we had 55 minutes to make our connecting flight and nearly missed it because of the long time it took to change terminals. The flight from Salt Lake City to Atlanta was the same.
AircraftCRJ 700, Airbus A320