Airline of the Year

Delta Air Lines

"employee amazingly patient and caring"

Verified Review | Minneapolis to Iron Mountain. My flight was cancelled and the Delta employee was amazingly patient and caring with figuring out the best route for each person on the cancelled flight. People were crying and upset but she held it together and did not get frustrated with anyone. She did an outstanding job and probably deserves to be paid way more than she is being paid. On the flight that I got switched to, all the staff were equally as helpful and patient. Delta hires good employees and this counts them as a trustworthy company in my opinion. If you have flight problems, Delta will take care of you well.
AircraftCRJ200
RouteMinneapolis to Iron Mountain
Date FlownMay 2017

"demonstrated bad business practice"

Verified Review | Richmond to Johannesburg via Atlanta. I was very disappointed with Delta Airlines, I booked my ticket to Zimbabwe on January 28th, 2017 for a trip in May 2017. I purchased separately a Delta Comfort seat for an additional total of $418 because I knew the 16 hour non stop flight to and from ATL to JNB was long. This reservation was done over the phone since I needed the assistance of a Delta agent to book a ticket from JNB to HRE and from HRE to JNB. When it came to checking in 24 hours prior to my trip on the 1st of May, the online system would not let me check in online. I had to call a Delta agent to assist with checking in. After being on the phone for over an hour, the agent had to redo my reservation under a new record locator and confirmation number. According to this agent, the reason why it would not let me check in was because there was a Date of Birth mismatch. The agent assured me that my seating remained intact, and just the confirmation had changed. I was finally able to check in. When boarding at RIC airport, all of a sudden, the agent gave me a new seat number which was NOT the original seat number I reserved. When I arrived in ATL, my boarding pass wouldn't scan. I was supposed to board with the SKY priority zone, but could not. I was supposed to be on seat 31F which was a delta comfort seat. The agent told me that they were checking to see if my luggage had transferred to the flight. I thought that was an odd response. All of a sudden, I have a new boarding pass with a new seat number 53E and they just reassigned me with no notice or explanation. I located the seat thinking it was another Delta Comfort seat, but it my dismay, it was a basic economy class seat. I reported this mix up immediately to one of the stewardess. She got the agent that reassigned my seat. This agent claimed they did not have a record of my purchasing economy comfort seat, yet it was on the documentation that I presented to him. I insisted that I wanted my original seat back, but of course he was totally unwilling to help or do anything to look into it.He totally disregarded me and ignored everything i had to say and walked away. Now, I was told to take the economy seat as there were not delta comfort seats available as the plane was getting ready to takeoff. I had no choice but to do so. As a delta skymiles member, I was lied to by these agents and was very disrespected. If Skymiles members are treated this way and based on this experice, I will certainly cancelling my skymiles membership and delta gold credit card after being treated like trash. I also will not be recommending delta as customer service oriented airline. In my opinion, Delta demonstrated bad business practice, by relinquishing my comfort seat when it was already paid for. How do you loose a comfort seat which should have been secured for by payment?
RouteRichmond to Johannesburg via Atlanta
Date FlownMay 2017

"would have expected better"

Verified Review | Fort Lauderdale to Richmond. I'm very disappointed with Delta Air Lines. You should not have to pay extra to bring luggage and to pick a seat on the plane. The lady picking seat assignments was very rude when I was trying to ask questions. Both of my flights were delayed do to Flight attendance not being on time. I will never book with this company again. A 6 hour trip turned into 8. I would have expected better for a company I paid more for.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Richmond

"I am disappointed"

Verified Review | Atlanta to Miami. My husband and I purchased plane tickets for our honeymoon roughly 7 months ago for this flight. We were just married two weeks ago and we have plans to spend a week in the East Caribbean. We purchased economy tickets with Delta Airlines because, as one would expect, we were on a close budget while saving for the wedding. We followed up with check in procedure, signing in to schedule our seating at 4:33pm, 24 hours before our flight. The check in opened at 4:30pm on May 18th. 3 minutes into check in all of the seats were booked. So on our honeymoon we are having to sit separately. My husband then called Delta Airlines and spoke to a representative that stated it was a full flight, and for us to speak to the front desk representative at our terminal for accommodations. We arrive at the airport today and waited in line. After hearing an announcement stating that there are several unassigned seats currently and not to worry, that a seat assignment would be given to the individuals when they board the plane. When we did our check in yesterday we had a choice of 2 separate individual seats rows apart from each other even though we booked our tickets 7 whole months in advance. The representative greeted us when we came up to the desk and let us know that no accommodations would be made for our situation even though it was a special occasion for us. She brushed us off and asked us to please take a seat. I am dissappointed. We recently flew with Delta earlier this year and I was highly impressed with their level of organization and professionalism. We travelled with our family of 14 people and were able to book 3 full rows of seats for our whole family with no issues. I am sad on the first day of our trip that no accommodations could have been made for my new husband and I when we followed procedure and planned so meticulously. We are boarding the plane now.
RouteAtlanta to Miami
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"be sticking with Delta"

Unverified | Little Rock to Flint. As a mother traveling with a 3 year old and 5 month old, I had a stroller and bags/carry on. The Delta staff was so helpful. Carried my bags to my seat. My connecting flight they moved my seat so I could have more room with the kids. I had flown other airlines recently instead of Delta. But after this experience I will be sticking with Delta from now on.
RouteLittle Rock to Flint
Date FlownMay 2017

"Thank you Delta Air Lines"

Verified Review | May 11th 2017 DL1218, Atlanta to Los Angeles. Great service from three flight attendants who handled a medical emergency on board. Passenger behind me had a seizure and they were calm, listened to my direction (I'm a RN) and very professional. Thank you Delta Air Lines.
RouteAtlanta to Los Angles
Date FlownMay 2017

"Slept on the floor of JFK Airport"

Verified Review | Boise to Dublin via New York. Had to get home for my grannys funeral, spent $1175.78 for the ticket. Trip from Dublin to Boise all was fine. On way back, left Boise to Salt Lake City, told there was going to be just over an hour delay, I asked at the Delta desk, will I make my connector at JFK to Dublin, was told yes. Left SLC about 30 minutes into flight, flight was told they were doing construction on runways at JFK. Right before we landed at JFK, they made an announcement to the flight to please let ones who were connecting to Dublin off the flight first as we needed to make our connection. Well, there were about 18-20 of us that missed the flight to Dublin by 8 minutes. Yes, 8 minutes Delta would not hold the flight for us. 10:05pm in JFK and we were told plane left, no flight for 24 hours, I asked if they had a motel for us or any food vouchers - anything, we were told as a group, no. Slept on the floor of JFK Airport tell 8am the next morning then spent $60.00 of my money to check into the Delta Club, yes I got to take a shower and eat and rest, but I feel that of no fault of mine, Delta could have made a little effort to hold the connecting flight for 8 minutes or help all the folks that were in the same position as I was for 24 hours.
Aircraftnot known
RouteBoise to Dublin via New York
Date FlownMay 2017

"poor service of a major US airline"

Verified Review | Amsterdam to Boston. Not surprised by poor service of a major US airline. Seats changed at the last minute. Given worst seats in business. Chief flight attendant did not care. Luckily traveling on KLM ticket from South Africa. KLM crew intervened and got our seats changed. Special meals were not on board despite being present on Delta web site. Typical US airline cattle car service despite being in business class. Seats had privacy only one per window once we got our seats changed. Excellent food and comfort once we took off and had issues resolved. Bonus miles for problems on return from customer service were too little too late.
RouteAmsterdam to Boston
Date FlownApril 2017

"seats are very small and narrow"

Verified Review | Dallas Ft. Worth to Atlanta. I have not flown Delta for a very long time. The seats are very small and narrow. I am not a stick thin model but I am also not a 300 lb. person. It might be a good idea to upgrade the planes and add just a little bit more width to the seats. To spend hours sitting in a very narrow seat is pretty bad. Once we landed, I was very sore when I got up.
RouteDallas Ft. Worth to Atlanta
Date FlownMay 2017

" please Delta don't have it so cold"

Verified Review | Amsterdam to Portland. Last year at this time we flew Heathrow to Seattle and Seattle to Portland and it was a wonderful experience especially on the way back because at Portland I was asked to checkin my hand luggage and garment bag. The garment bag didn't make it but after a Delta supervisor made a number of calls the bag was on the next flight and our pilot said on arrival at Heathrow he would let us know if the bag made it. To my amazement after a long flight leaving an hour late but arriving on time he told me at the exit that my bag was indeed on board. What fantastic service. I sent email to Delta but never even got an acknowledgement of it. This year from Amsterdam direct to Portland on DL179 we were called back to the gate because of a security issue. Bags on board but not the passengers who owned them? Not Delta's fault. But on a 10 hour + flight you would expect not to have to be reaching for Jerseys, hoodies & gloves to keep warm. Lots of passengers complained about it being freezing for the whole flight (it was colder than the cold water served up). We are flying back on the 22nd and hope we can get some sleep from Portland to San Francisco to Amsterdam then to Manchester, please Delta don't have it so cold.
RouteAmsterdam to Portland