Delta Air Lines

Delta Air Lines customer review

Review by (United Kingdom)

All in all, a very good flight. Yes, the aircraft is old but has been nicely retrofitted by Delta to include modern IFE (with a decent selection included), and fairly comfortable, if firm, seats (use the complimentary pillow as a backrest if you need extra comfort). I had a window seat in the 2-3-2 layout, so much less cramped than other widebody aircraft. The crew were friendly and welcoming, and delivered a full service throughout the flight. Also, great value considering it was booked just two months before. Would definitely fly Delta again.
RouteAMS to JFK
Date FlownJune 2015

Review by (Japan)

I'm usually very generous with my flight reviews of Delta. I'm a Gold elite and they are the airline of choice to and from the US for me. I think my loyalty has hit a wall. The good: the flight attendants are professional and the entertainment is pretty good as is the schedule options to and from the US from Japan. The bad: old planes, hard seats in business, small AVOD screens, dirty toilets, captains constantly using toilets in business class so passengers are blocked, mediocre food. On top of this, baggage snafu in ATL caused my travel partner and I to miss our connection on the way to RDU and they would not put us on the next available flight until I threw a fit. That's customer service in the US. You have to behave badly to be treated well. I'm considering the hot Japanese carriers on my next trip where I know the food and seats are superior. By the way, my ticket from NRT to ATL was an award ticket. I cannot imagine anyone paying over $5,000 for such an inferior product.
AircraftBoeing 777-200, MD-90, and Boeing 757
RouteNRT to RDU via ATL

Review by (United States)

Its been 12 years since I've flown Delta. It will be another 12 before I even consider it again. Delta was horrible 12 years ago and has only gotten worse. Seats were filthy. We were told we had to check our carry on's because there was no room in the overhead compartments. When we boarded we saw that every compartment on both sides of the aisle behind, above and in front of our seats were totally empty. We waited 35 minutes to get our luggage. I unfortunately lost my cell phone at the gate and although I filed a report have been unable to get any information regarding my property. Humans are unavailable to speak to. Damn me if I get another Delta flight.
RouteJFK to Salt Lake

Review by (Australia)

Just arrived after having the worst flight I have ever been on. Delta should lose the seat outside the toilets so you don't have to have inconsiderate people trying to push you over to the next seat with their behinds. This would also make it easier for food service trolleys to get by with out taking out your shoulder.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteMinneapolis to San Francisco

Review by (United States)

Our flight to Barbados from BOS went well with the exception of the dreadful egg wrap on the BOS-ATL leg. We were able to use the Delta lounge before departing BOS since we were in business class. On the return BGI-BOS via ATL flight, ATL Delta Lounge personnel informed us that "flights to Barbados are not considered international." Although our ATL to BOS leg was delayed over two hours (until an 11.15 pm departure), we could not use the Lounge unless we paid a $29 fee per person which we declined. Overall, our expense of flying Business or First Class to the Caribbean was not justified by the service, the food, or other amenities in the air or in the airport. Others should be aware that just because you need a passport to get into your destination, it's not Delta's definition of "international."
RouteBGI to BOS via ATL

Review by (United States)

Both outbound and inbound flights, in the evening/night, were more or less on schedule. What was surprising was on these 6 hours' long flights there was no food service, not even the food-for-sale, advertised on a card in the seat pocket. Yes, a packet of peanuts or pretzels were handed out. Furthermore, there was only one drinks service during the long flight. Catering really could be improved on this long, international flight. The plane was old with a minimalist entertainment system; there was a TV monitor hanging at intervals in the cabin and a movie was played. Free headsets were distributed. The crew distributed Canada immigration forms on board but did not have enough for all. I chose these flights for being non-stop but in retrospect, might have enjoyed the journey with a stop-over or flown a different carrier (e.g., Cathay Pacific) instead.
RouteJFK to YVR

Review by (United States)

Delta is a standard airline, flight quality is average, but there customer service is so poor. I have been a Delta SkyMiles member for years and have had a few problems here and there but nothing serious until today. I tried to switch my connecting flight to New Orleans to a direct flight where there are 10 open economy seats. I was told that there were only first class seats and after showing the people at the Delta kiosk that they were wrong they got on the phone and then told me it was too late to switch even though the flight I would like to switch to does not board for two hours. The whole process took about 30 minutes and the staff was not the least bit sincere. I won't arrive into New Orleans until midnight, even though there are 10 empty seats on a flight that lands at 9.30. Terrible customer service, and genuinely poor business practices.
RouteNew York to New Orleans

Review by (Qatar)

We took an afternoon flight and arrived close to midnight, though both planes were older 757-200 and did not have any personal entertainment system but you could see that the aircraft's were well maintained, the leather seats were all in good working condition and showed no age, though the food selection did not entertain vegans but the drink selection was very wide. The cabin staff were all helpful and the Internet was a huge plus. One of the nice things is we forgot one piece of cabin luggage on our first flight and we told the cabin staff of the second flight and they told operations and they transferred the piece to us so we where surorised to see it on the belt with our checked baggage.
AircraftBoeing 757-200 both legs
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteLas Vegas to Orlando via Atlanta

Review by (United States)

Delta, as a whole, was very inconsiderate of the 'paying' customers. Measly snacks, hard seats, cold cabin, and when it comes to connecting flights - forget it. We were connecting to another Delta plane, which was the last to the east coast for the night and they refused to hold the flight despite the arriving flight from Denver being delayed. The "help" they gave us was useless and to say their customer service was inconsiderate would be an understatement
RouteDenver to Philadelphia via Minneapolis

Review by (United States)

Flight was delayed, the seats are very uncomfortable to sleep in as the headrest does not stay in place. Staff acted irritated when I asked them about this. The extra legroom seats feel very narrow, and I'm 160 lbs and 5'11". The plane was freezing the entire flight, and the entertainment system was not working for the first 2 hours of the flight. An awful experience for $850.
RouteLAX to JFK