Top 100 Airports

Delta Air Lines

"decided to book with other airlines"

Boston to Raleigh Durham. Bigger issues at Delta now hurting loyal travelers. I travel frequently for work. I have been using Delta for a very long time and find it difficult to write but I am so underwhelmed these days. Several weeks in a row I have shown up to the airport and as soon as I approach the gate I find one of the following: Flight delayed for at least 4 hours : Flight Cancelled no rebooking for same day : Flight cancelled rebooking for following day. Show up following day and flight is delayed for 4 hours. Credit card got compromised either in the terminal as I waited during a delay or via inflight WiFi that I was compelled to purchase because I was delayed. Due to unreliability issues I have now decided to book my travel with other airlines.
RouteBOS to RDU
Date FlownJuly 2016

"received no help from them"

Verified Review | Las Vegas to Los Angeles. We arrived at McCarran International Airport almost two hours prior to the scheduled departure time. My party had already checked-in online so we printed our boarding passes at the self-serve kiosks, and then dropped off our checked luggage. Once that was complete, we went through TSA/airport security, where the problem arose. There were eight people on our booking, however two of the boarding passes had not printed correctly, with the barcodes only printing halfway. As such, the boarding pass was unable to be scanned, and we were told to print out new boarding passes. We ran back down to the ticketing counter, had our boarding passes reprinted by an actual employee of Delta Airlines (not at the kiosk), and went back to TSA, only to find that this new boarding pass would not scan either. Again, we had our boarding passes reprinted once more, and again, it would not scan. The TSA officer stated that the issue was that there was no “destination” stated on the new boarding passes. We then had to go back downstairs to the ticketing counter, retrieve our original boarding pass with the faulty barcode, and bring them all back up to TSA. Only then were we allowed to pass through airport security. We reached the gate 4 minutes late, and were not allowed to board, even though the cabin doors had not been closed. During this time, our friends who had successfully passed airport security had been explaining to Delta Airlines employees at the gate, however they received no help from them. The Delta employee at the gate stated that all he could do was put us on a waiting list on the next Delta Airlines flight, which was already full, and that we should contact other airlines for a new flight. What was even more frustrating is that there was a delay, and the plane did not leave the gate for a further 20 minutes! I have sent two emails to Delta, and over one month later, am still waiting for a reply - I'm not holding my breath.
RouteLAS to LAX
Date FlownJune 2016

"not plan to fly with Delta again"

Phoenix to Atlanta via Orlando. Had I seen the horrible reviews I wouldn't have booked with them. Delta Air Lines customer service is a joke when you try to get your issue resolved. My 12am flight was delayed until 9am and it kept changing every hour for 4 hours. So I didn't get the seats I picked, I was charged extra for room and reservation cancellations etc. Then all Delta could do was apologize and give me a $75 voucher. I don't want a voucher from you, I do not plan to fly with Delta ever again!
RoutePHX to ATL via MCO

"space has been reduced"

Verified Review | Flew Delta Air Lines from Seattle to Atlanta. The telephone service is absolutely terrible. I tried to call reservations multiple times over the past week. I had delays of 40 min to 2+ hours. Most time I could not get through. The space under the seats in the First/Business Class cabin on the B737-900 ER has been severely reduced. I do not know about the economy section. There are 3 black boxes under the seat and a 120 V plug. This makes it impossible to store anything under the seat ahead of an aisle seat. The space has been reduced in the right to left dimension and in the top to bottom dimension. In addition, the Boeing seat struts are poorly designed so that there is little space for the aisle seat under the seat ahead & there is dead useless space. In effect the under-seat space is divided into 3 compartments for the aisle seat. The 1st photo shows from right to left: the bar by the aisle, 1st black box, metal seat strut, 2nd black box. The 2nd photo shows the AC outlets at the top and the 3rd black box next to the other seat strut.
AircraftBoeing 737-900ER
RouteSEA to ATL
Date FlownJuly 2016

"kept announcing incremental delays"

Verified Review | Charlotte to Boston via Laguardia. Our flight was delayed twice, and we sat in the airport waiting, only to learn that the delay was due to mandatory 10 hour rest requirement for the flight crew. So they knew at least 10 hours ago the length of time the flight would be delayed, and did not post it or communicate it to passengers. They just kept announcing incremental delays with new departure times which were never going to happen, wasting everyone's time. We could have left home for our flight a couple hours later. They could do better.
RouteCLT to BOS via LGA
Date FlownJuly 2016

"Crew was friendly and funny"

(Austria)

Baltimore Washington to Atlanta. My first experience travelling on Delta Air Lines was very satisfying. I was going with hand luggage only therefore the check-in process worked perfect. Delta's Premium Economy are stylish as well as comfortable. Wifi is offered. No in seat screens but Delta Air Lines is offering entertainment via your own device - was working good. Crew on board was friendly and funny. My rating 7 out of 10 is only based on the very old aircraft!
AircraftMD88
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteBWI to ATL
Date FlownJuly 2016

"very disappointed with Delta"

Verified Review | I flew from Baltimore to Atlanta on July 1st, and I had a connecting Delta flight to Amsterdam. I arrive in Atlanta at 1730 hours and was expected to go from Terminal A to Terminal F in 15 minutes which is impossible. Now it gets worse, no one in the Atlanta Customer service could help me they said pick up the courtesy phone and try to get another flight. The lady on the phone says they can not get me out of Atlanta until July 5th. I stayed on the phone for over an hour while she tries to find me a earlier flight. I said you are going to put me in a hotel for 2 days with no food. All I hear is I am sorry. She found a flight on July 3rd at 10:30pm. Then, they had to make another connection from Amsterdam to Kiev Ukraine final destination. I arrived at 0030 July 4th. I had a lot of family wondering where I was. They waited 12 hours for me. Maybe combining Air France, KLM and Delta is too much for 1 airline to handle. I was very disappointed with Delta.
RouteBWI to AMS via ATL
Date FlownJuly 2016

"horrible experience with Delta"

Again a horrible experience with Delta. After several terrible experiences that I personally had made in the past my family now got to experience the extremely poor customer service of this airline and its total disregard of its customers. My family came to visit me in CO from Europe, travelling Munich to Denver via Atlanta. After massive delay they arrived in Denver with 2 bags missing. We were assured the bags will arrive at my address the next afternoon. We had plans for that day and couldn't do anything but wait for the bag delivery. The bags finally arrived at midnight. One bag was severely damaged the other one completely destroyed. The pieces of the bag and its damaged and broken content were delivered in a plastic bag with a handwritten note that the bag was run over by a truck. We filed a claim with Delta online and received a confirmation email that they received our claim. After two weeks of no further emails from Delta we called several times to be updated on our case and how to proceed. Very poor customer service, extremely unorganized. Finally we were told that it will take 4 weeks for Delta to review the case. No apologies or anything. My family's vacation thanks to Delta wasn't the most pleasant experience. I will never fly this airline and never recommend it.
RouteMUC to DEN via ATL
Date FlownJuly 2016

"flight will not be leaving"

Montego Bay to New York JFK. Delta Air Lines flight was scheduled to leave about 1pm. When that time almost arrives everyone's curious as to why we haven't started boarding yet. They then announce mechanical issues, departure pushed until 4pm. 4pm arrives and the new part has been flown in from Atlanta. Delayed again. Around 7 or so we board the plane. Waited on the plane for another hour, then the captain announced that our flight will not be leaving Jamaica that night. They failed to properly install the replacement hydraulic. So we go back inside the airport, which is now closed. No more flights leaving or entering. They put us in a hotel which took forever (shuttles included). Many hard working adults had to miss work the next day which is unacceptable.
RouteMBJ to JFK
Date FlownAugust 2015

"experience was adequate"

Los Angeles to Sydney in Business class. Liked the Delta One Kerb entrance at LAX T5. Staff theree organised by boarding pass for SYD-MEL on Virgin Australia. while I had cold glass of orange juice in their 'lounge'. Whisked through security with a minimum of fuss and went upstairs to the lounge. That was modern and spacious with enough variety in the beers, spirits and wines. Lounge had shower facilities, Wifi was very fast. However, the food on offer is far below what is available in the lounges in the TBIT. Boarded about 20 minutes late then sat for an eternity before takeoff. Left LAX an hour late which we did not catch up on the 14 hour flight which was probably due to head winds. Meal after takeoff was poor so I left it and went to sleep. Lie flat beds are ok, if a little narrow. Pyjamas, two pillows and a great duna provided me with the creature comforts and enabled me to sleep for ten hours. I had seat 9A which was tucked away in the back of the first section. It seemed to be more private than the other seats. As mentioned in my earlier review, I am not a fan of the reverse herringbone layout. I'd prefer either herringbone or the more traditional forward seating. Breakfast was just OK. Overall, the whole experience was adequate but nowhere near outstanding.
RouteLAX to SYD