Delta Air Lines

Review by (United States) 31st July 2015

Had to connect at Detroit to Boston. Flight landed at Detroit around 2.55, for a 3.20 connection. Talked to the flight attendent, who assured us multiple times that we would be able to make it to our connection. We ended up being excessively late. I normally wouldn't be upset about something like this, but I have been on several flights where they let off people that needed to reach a connection quickly. There was an available solution and the employee failed to use it.
RouteTampa to Boston via Detroit

Review by (United Kingdom) 31st July 2015

We arrived at JFK, checked in and promptly went through to the departure lounge. Bought our Duty/Tax free shopping, to be told we couldn't purchase it from that particular shop as we needed to go to a different terminal via bus. After a fiasco trying to find the lounge (building works going on and no clear notices), we'd walked the full length of the terminal to find our lounge had no Tim Horton's. Well it did, but it was in the domestic flight section, separated by a rope and we weren't allowed to duck under to get coffee so had to go all the way back to the far end of the terminal to get a coffee from Starbucks. That done, we went to find Duty/Tax free shop. When we asked a member of staff where the Duty free shop was, she smirked at us and said there wasn't one. Had I known this I'd have made my purchases prior to my flight to the States. Then we boarded our flight. The seats were ancient and everywhere appeared dirty. I'm 5'1 but was squashed into my seat which was lumpy and not comfortable at all. Dinner smelt like a cheap microwave meal and looked very unappealing. The staff weren't particularly helpful. My husband had medication to take, it took 3 attempts after requesting water for a glass to be brought to him.
RouteJFK to Manchester, UK

Review by (Qatar) 31st July 2015

We had an early morning departure from Boseman Montana, we were a large family and we got a very helpful Delta Airlines check in staff. The flight in itself was nice, both legs were short but I was more comfortable with the older 757-200 seats from Salt Lake City to Las Vegas but they were quite similar, since they were both short flights. There was no meal service but a choice of pretzels or nuts or biscuits and the attendants were allowing us to have more than one thing. All bags came through without issue and on time.
AircraftBoeing 737-900ER , Boeing 757-200
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteBozeman to Las Vegas via Salt Lake City

Review by (United States) 31st July 2015

The original reservation was SJC–ATL–BCN. Delta later modified my outbound flight and added a SEA stop between SJC and ATL, which added several hours to an already long trip, and this is the low point of my experience. SEA-ATL flight was delayed by 3 hours, and gate agents got us pizza and soft drinks, and alcohol was free during that delayed flight (delays happen, and these gate agents and FA's looked after us very well). Home-bound, ATL-SJC flight arrived 25 mins late. The other 3 flights were on time and uneventful. The check-in, gate, and onboard staff were friendly and efficient. I was surprised to be offered 3 choices for dinner on transatlantic flights, as well as a small mid-flight snack on BCN–ATL flight in economy class. Flight attendants were present through the flight. Seat-back screens provided great options for individual entertainment. The extra leg-room, boarding priority, and premium drink, are well worth the cost of a Comfort+ seat. I wish seats were wider but this is true of every airline I've flown in economy class. Luggage arrived on time. I will recommend this airline for international flights. I'm a former frequent flyer of United and American airlines, who never handled their flight delays nearly as reasonably and promptly as Delta did.
AircraftA330, Boeing 757, Emb175, Boeing 739ER
RouteSJC to BCN via SEA, ATL

Review by (United Kingdom) 27th July 2015

Great airline! I booked with Virgin, but it turned out to be a codeshare. The IFE is considerably better than Virgin although the food wasn't as nice. I would gladly do it again.
RouteAtlanta to London Heathrow

Review by (United States) 26th July 2015

Excellent and friendly service with a smile from FA's. The Boeing 767 is the most comfortable aircraft flown by Delta as the seating is 2-3-2. I am able to sit next to my wife instead of sharing with a third person. Again, Delta continues to be a step above the other large airlines
RouteSLC to ATL

Review by (United States) 24th July 2015

This is my first flight with Delta. It will also be my last. The cost of the tickets was outrageous for a 2 hr flight but it was a present for my daughters so I reluctantly paid it because it had desirable departure times and no layovers. The flight was to leave at 9.35 am. They texted at 5 am to say the flight was delayed until 11.11. Just as I was walking out the door I noticed another text saying it was now going out at 12.15. As long as I had time I decided to check in online. There I was informed that my flight had been cancelled but 'don't worry, we've rebooked you on a different flight. Yes, one that leaves at 5.03 pm, lays over in Cleveland and doesn't arrive in NY until 10.00 pm. Wonderful, my daughters are already on their way to the airport, one having sat for an extra hour waiting due to the initial delay.
RouteMKE to LaGuardia

Review by (United States) 24th July 2015

It was my third flight with them this year. Quick flight from Winnipeg to Grand Rapids on July 17, and return on July 19. Smooth checking, boarding, clean aircrafts, on time departures and great service provided by ground and in flight personnel. Tickets a bit over priced, although at the same Delta provided great service. The only thing that could be improved are the snacks in economy.
AircraftCRJ900
RouteWinnipeg to Grand Rapids via MSP

Review by (United States) 23rd July 2015

I fly a lot with Delta ans was always happy but this is the first time I need to deal with customer service and I'm super disappointed. I ask a question and keep getting a standard response which you can see is taken from a general sheet 'how to answer questions' which does not fit my question at all. And I can't seem to get one contact and one email from anyone to answer. It's now going back and forth since 14 emails and 2 calls and I have not received a response as per why they did what they did. Very disappointing.
RouteSANto LHR via JFK

Review by (Netherlands) 21st July 2015

Got delayed from PAP, missed the connection and rerouted via MIA then ATL back to AMS. Delta agent in PAP was very helpful and put me on the flight I asked for, then Delta bumped me up to Business (Delta One). The new Delta BC with lie flat seat is really good. Window seats are even isolated (no passenger on the side). It is surrounded by the next seat which makes it a rather personal space. Having typically a low expectation of American carriers, the upgraded Delta BC is surprisingly good. Dinner is simple and well presented, service is quick and just what you need for a 7-8 hours flight. Connecting flight was slightly delayed but transit in ATL, is actually relatively easy and straight forward (from flight A to B in less than 15 min). I know it's no Asian carrier quality, but it is definitely changing my perception of US carrier and Delta seems on the right track to lift up its service. Will probably fly them again. Only negative point is arriving late in MIA there are hardly any Delta agents around (It's an AA airport!), so rebooking and hotel accommodation was tricky to figure. The Lost Luggage staff were very nice in fixing this quickly
RouteMIA to AMS via ATL