Delta Air Lines

"excellent service with Delta"

Review by (United Kingdom)

Excellent service with Delta Air Lines. Plane food normally isn't enjoyable but thoroughly enjoyed on this flight. Staff were friendly and wished me a happy birthday while aboard. Entertainment variety was fantastic, and I would fly Delta again. Much better than Virgin Atlantic, plenty of leg space and very clean too.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteHeathrow to New York

"plane was filthy"

Review by (United States)

This flight with Delta Air Lines was the worst service I have received. The plane was filthy. There was trash all over the place. The flight attendant was rude. When she started to hand out beverages I asked if I could have a can of Coke and she told me that because of other incompetent flight attendants, she didn't have enough drinks and would only give me a cup. We arrived 20 minutes later than scheduled, which left us 15 minutes to catch our connecting flight out of Detroit to DFW. The pilot never let us know our gate. We were told to look at the monitor when we got off the plane. My 60 year old mother and I had to run 46 gates in 15 minutes, only to arrive at the wrong gate because it had been listed incorrectly. When we arrived at the correct gate with 7 minutes to spare, they had already closed the plane doors and were preparing to take-off. I had to make a huge scene in order for them to re-open the plane doors and let us on the flight. They finally did once I brought up that we were not late and that they were leaving early. After nearly 10 hours of horrible service, we finally arrived in New York. I will never fly Delta Air Lines again.
RouteDFW to LGA

"staff seem uninterested"

Review by (Netherlands)

Biggest problem is the transit in Atlanta. What a hell. More than 1 hour in line for passport control. Running to catch the connecting flight. Delta Air Lines staff seem uninterested, not very unfriendly. In-flight entertainment of very low quality and the touch screen hardly worked.
AircraftBoeing 747, A310
RouteAmsterdam to Guatemala

Review by (United Kingdom)

I wasn't impressed with Delta when we flew from Seattle to London Heathrow via Minneapolis. No over the head earphones so my husband who uses a hearing aid and only has hearing in one ear could not use the entertainment system at all. The entertainment systems were very small and some touch screens didn't work very well. Mine kept blinking on and off every two seconds which made watching a film difficult. The plane was freezing cold to the point where both me and my husband were physically shivering and it meant we could not sleep on the 9 hour journey at all. We alerted staff of our discomfort several times but they ignored us and the temperature stayed the same. On the shorter flights (3 hours Seattle to Minneappolis) there are entertainment systems but you have to pay $2 for headsets to use them. We tried to purchase a snackbox on board, but they wouldn't accept cash and would only accept card, which would have meant our bank charging us fees. Despite having only one hour changeover to check in for our next flight and go through security at Seattle, we got on the flight, but the airline managed to fail to send our bags, meaning we got them 26 hours after we should on arriving home. I have experienced much better service on other economy services on other airlines.
RouteSeattle to London via MSP

Review by (United States)

BHM-ATL was okay, short (25 mins) but had welcome drink and time for one in the air. Fairly tight connection in ATL, so I was last to board first class cabin. I could see all other passengers had welcome drinks, but no-one offered me one. When I asked I was told I was too late! Things got worse from there. When asked what I wanted to eat the choice was steak or lasagne. I asked what came with the steak and was asked what I meant. I said I meant what comes with the steak? Not a difficult question I thought. So the FA goes back to the galley (I could see it all happen from my seat), opens a foil tray and comes back to my seat with one word - carrots! Talk about taking care of the customers. Eventually when my food arrived, sauce had been spilled all over and somehow under the tray. Not sure if this was intentional or not, but needless to say I didn't eat it! I've seen this kind of behavior before when FA's seem to vent on a customer for unknown reasons - I guess I drew the short straw on this flight. Generally I find Delta an pretty good airline, but this was not their best moment.
AircraftMD88 / Boeing 767-300
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteBHM to SFO via ATL

Review by (United Kingdom)

All in all, a very good flight. Yes, the aircraft is old but has been nicely retrofitted by Delta to include modern IFE (with a decent selection included), and fairly comfortable, if firm, seats (use the complimentary pillow as a backrest if you need extra comfort). I had a window seat in the 2-3-2 layout, so much less cramped than other widebody aircraft. The crew were friendly and welcoming, and delivered a full service throughout the flight. Also, great value considering it was booked just two months before. Would definitely fly Delta again.
RouteAMS to JFK
Date FlownJune 2015

Review by (Japan)

I'm usually very generous with my flight reviews of Delta. I'm a Gold elite and they are the airline of choice to and from the US for me. I think my loyalty has hit a wall. The good: the flight attendants are professional and the entertainment is pretty good as is the schedule options to and from the US from Japan. The bad: old planes, hard seats in business, small AVOD screens, dirty toilets, captains constantly using toilets in business class so passengers are blocked, mediocre food. On top of this, baggage snafu in ATL caused my travel partner and I to miss our connection on the way to RDU and they would not put us on the next available flight until I threw a fit. That's customer service in the US. You have to behave badly to be treated well. I'm considering the hot Japanese carriers on my next trip where I know the food and seats are superior. By the way, my ticket from NRT to ATL was an award ticket. I cannot imagine anyone paying over $5,000 for such an inferior product.
AircraftBoeing 777-200, MD-90, and Boeing 757
RouteNRT to RDU via ATL

Review by (United States)

Its been 12 years since I've flown Delta. It will be another 12 before I even consider it again. Delta was horrible 12 years ago and has only gotten worse. Seats were filthy. We were told we had to check our carry on's because there was no room in the overhead compartments. When we boarded we saw that every compartment on both sides of the aisle behind, above and in front of our seats were totally empty. We waited 35 minutes to get our luggage. I unfortunately lost my cell phone at the gate and although I filed a report have been unable to get any information regarding my property. Humans are unavailable to speak to. Damn me if I get another Delta flight.
RouteJFK to Salt Lake

Review by (Australia)

Just arrived after having the worst flight I have ever been on. Delta should lose the seat outside the toilets so you don't have to have inconsiderate people trying to push you over to the next seat with their behinds. This would also make it easier for food service trolleys to get by with out taking out your shoulder.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteMinneapolis to San Francisco

Review by (United States)

Our flight to Barbados from BOS went well with the exception of the dreadful egg wrap on the BOS-ATL leg. We were able to use the Delta lounge before departing BOS since we were in business class. On the return BGI-BOS via ATL flight, ATL Delta Lounge personnel informed us that "flights to Barbados are not considered international." Although our ATL to BOS leg was delayed over two hours (until an 11.15 pm departure), we could not use the Lounge unless we paid a $29 fee per person which we declined. Overall, our expense of flying Business or First Class to the Caribbean was not justified by the service, the food, or other amenities in the air or in the airport. Others should be aware that just because you need a passport to get into your destination, it's not Delta's definition of "international."
RouteBGI to BOS via ATL