Vote Now

Delta Air Lines

"the airline was great"

Verified Review | Seattle to Phoenix. As a first time Delta flyer, I was nervous because of bad reviews I've seen. But in reality, the airline was great. From the gate person to the customer service, all was excellent. The only bad thing was that I got off with sore knees because economy is not very accommodating for anyone above 5 foot 6. So if you're above average height, you may want to save up for First Class for that extra leg room. But otherwise, Delta was great!
RouteSeattle to Phoenix
Date FlownMarch 2017

"luggage handlers were bad"

Verified Review | Grand Forks to Baltimore Washington via Minneapolis. The flight attendants were good, the luggage handlers were bad. I could see them from my 13A seat. They threw people's into the luggage vehicles with no care. My bag which I bought and used just for that trip now looks like it's 15 years old. Not good for such a massive airline. Feeling disappointed.
RouteGrand Forks to Baltimore via Minneapolis
Date FlownMarch 2017

"never again fly this airline"

Unverified | Cancun to San Francisco via Los Angeles. I have never been on a more frustrating flight. First, our flight was delayed an hour and a half (from 6pm to 7:30pm). Then, another hour and a half delay (7:30 to 9pm) Then after we finally boarded the plane and they made sure we were buckled in and ready to go, they let us know that another flight with higher priority took our slot at SFO and our flight was cancelled. I called customer service immediately and they let me know, they booked us on a flight at 8am the next morning! Keep in mind we were catching a connecting flight so we would've had to get hotel rooms for a family of 8 due to their mistake. I was then told my only other option was an extremely reduced per ticket refund because I had already flown most of the way. I dont know about others, but I dont like booking flights for "most of the way there". I took their refund and my family and I rented a car from LAX to SFO. Customer service over the phone was shoddy to say the least and the people at the gate were completely useless! They were dismissive and rude at the gate. I will never again fly this airline.
RouteCUN to SFO via LAX
Date FlownMarch 2017

"consistently had poor service"

Verified Review | I just want to make it known for anyone debating airlines that JetBlue and Southwest are far superior arilines. They allow two carry-ons for those who don't want to wait for an added 40 minutes at the carrousel for a small luggage bag. They won't make you check your small bag on a half empty flight like Delta. I've sadly consistently had poor service, lots of attitude, and the rules they have are nonsensical. This will be the fourth time I've flown Delta and it will be the fourth time there's been a problem. Never again.
RouteCharleston to New York
Date FlownMarch 2017

"5 star to zero in moments"

Verified Review | Minneapolis to Seattle. From 5 star to zero in moments. That first statement speaks to my recent Delta Air Lines experience. It started with one of the best flights on Delta Air Lines where I flew from cancun to Minneapolis. The captains of the plane struck up conversation before boarding and were very friendly. When we boarded the flight attendants asked our names, where we were from and treated us like gold. But, then we got to Minneapolis. We asked politely if there were any upgrades available and the gate agent answered the most condescending "you do that when you book. Who told you that you could come here and ask me for this?!" I was stunned. Not just stunned frankly insulted and angered. Paying customers should never be treated with such contempt and outright disgust. Delta who claims to put there customers first in this instance treated us like mere nuisances. This will definitely impact my decision whether or not to fly Delta in the future. To make matters worse I saw the same gate agent treating other customers with attitude, contempt and disgust.
RouteMinneapolis to Seattle
Date FlownMarch 2017

"staff attentive and very sweet"

Verified Review | Panama City to Appleton via Atlanta. Flying with a lap child was convenient. The staff was attentive and very sweet on all legs of our trip. It would have been helpful to have in flight entertainment included in the price of the ticket on the MD88 like on the A319 however. The A319 had headrest television with multiple options for children, the MD88 had no entertainment and a fee of 16 dollars to allow use of wifi. It was a short flight, however and our child was entertained with toys and l looking out the window. There was preboarding for us on all flights and no extra fee for her to fly.
AircraftMD88 / A319
RoutePanama City to Appleton via Atlanta
Date FlownMarch 2017

"had the best experience"

Unverified | Orlando to Detroit. I never write reviews, but this time I am. I had the best experience with Delta airlines last Saturday. I was flying with my two young children, who are both afraid to fly like their mother. The seats on Delta were very comfortable, roomy, actually had leg room. Plane also came with your own personal tablet/tv with a great variety of videos and movies to watch. The pilot continuously kept us informed, as occasionally there was some turbulence. The stewards very humorous and friendly. My son said after, "mom I like flying". I was very impressed from the time I drop my luggage off all the way to picking it up. Delta was a little more expensive then the other flights, but worth it. Thank you, as you have no idea what anxieties we had after our last flight with a different company.
RouteOrlando to Detroit

"both flights delayed"

Verified Review | Providence to Raleigh/Durham via Detroit and Atlanta. For many years I have flown with Delta Air Lines nationally and internationally. Most of the time I was very pleased and complemented their kindness and great service. However, my last experience was totally the contrary. Both flights were delayed. I missed my connection and 90% of the agents I had to speak with were practically rude and had no desire to help. After going from one customer service station to another, I found a very kind agent who took her time and found me a seat in the next available flight. No apologies, no willingness to solve the problem was the attitude of the other ones.
RouteProvidence to Raleigh/Durham
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"Delta experience was mediocre"

Verified Review | Boston to Guatemala City via Atlanta. This is the first time that I've flown in a number of years. I don't usually fly with Delta when I do fly, but there were several aspects to this trip which were disappointing. My wife and I went on a missions trip to Guatemala. Of the 16 of us, baggage was delayed for 5!! For one person, it was delayed for 2 days (out of a 7 day trip!). The Guatemalan baggage attendant did not provide a file reference number to us (which we needed for baggage charge reimbursement purposes), so I just completed an online letter to them explaining why I cannot complete their online form (wasting more of my time). Additionally, on the trip home, we actually happened to get upgraded to a "comfort plus" seat. The desk attendant told us it cost an extra $100 for these seats and we would get a complementary drink if we desired. The leg room was definitely better, but that was it. We were never offered any drink, and the service/attention we received was no different than in economy - which, in my opinion, was also sub-par. With the financial windfall airlines have enjoyed the last few years, I would expect more - and also cannot understand why they charge for 1 checked bag at all! In sum, this Delta experience was mediocre.
RouteBoston to Guatemala City via Atlanta

Delta Air Lines customer review

Verified Review | Worst customer service I have received. I had a flight from Houston to New York scheduled for today, Monday the 13th, and have been calling to adjust my flight due to the storm since Friday. I was told numerous times that my flight would not be affected by this storm and that in order to change my flight I would need to pay a change fee and the difference. This is completely unacceptable when you have customers being proactive and willing to take earlier flights. I was more than willing to pay the difference in the flight, but no fee waiver was offered. After 4 calls and no help from any customer support representative my flight has now been canceled with no option but to fly out mid-day Wednesday. I am not only losing business but have important job opportunities at risk.
RouteHouston to New York