Best Cabin Crew

Delta Air Lines

"never fly on Delta again"

Atlanta to Raleigh Durham. My mother and I were returning home from visiting my critically ill sister and had a horrible experience with Delta. My mother is elderly and physically disabled. She had a hip replacement recently and needed a seat were the arm rest would lift up. I had my medical alert service dog with me also. They booked us in a seat that would accommodate my dog but not my mother so she was moved a few seats back. I was told I either had to sit with her or she would have to move back to the seat reserved (which they did in error to begin with). The seat I was reserved had more room for my dog. However I had to move - why I do not know. My service dog (which is a large dog) was made to sit in a area where she was unable to move a muscle the whole flight. Delta should be ashamed for the way they treat the disabled. We will never fly on Delta again.
RouteATL to RDU

"openly criticising customers"

Detroit to Amsterdam with Delta Air Lines and the staff were appalling, openly criticising customers. Some were overweight and barged up and down the aisles bashing into everyone's arms and shoulders. Delta should consider keener and more friendly staff. The food was very poor. The one highlight was the Delta staff at Amsterdam. He was tremendous in sorting out an issue we had with an ESTA visa, and we were rebooked at no charge. If all their staff were like him, they would be some company.
RouteDTW to AMS
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"all I got was I'm sorry"

My grandfather flew home from Orlando to Columbus and Delta Air Lines had promised he would be transferred from flight to flight along with his carry on. I told them repeatedly that he had dementia and they said that this was not a problem. They would make sure everything made it flight to flight. He arrived to Ohio and was greeted by aunt with no carry on! When I addressed them about the situation all I got was I'm sorry and that there was no carry on to be found! I had no issues with the flight to Florida, it was only the return flight! And no one will speak to you! It's all automated.
RouteMCO to CMH
Date FlownDecember 2015

"seat reasonably comfortable"

New York JFK-Bermuda-JFK with Delta Air Lines. Seat reasonably comfortable for a less than 2 hour international flight on packed plane. Experienced staff onboard very welcoming. Check in with ease and courtesy. Security check tedious and lengthy - over one hour at Terminal 4 at JFK due to high passenger volume. Drink service both ways with tiny snack, 2 small cookies or pretzels and soft drinks, coffee or tea. Pilots informative. Barely space for overhead luggage but allowed two unchecked hand luggage. Entire experience far superior to American or United (both dreadful) on this route and equal to Jet Blue (which has more legroom than any of the other 3 airlines which fly New York City-Bermuda). Delay in boarding in Bermuda upon return due to late arrival of aircraft but announcements precise and apologetic
RouteJFK to BDA

Delta Air Lines customer review

I booked $1600 first class seats with Delta Air Lines 6 months prior to my trip from Minneapolis to Fort Myers. This was my wedding so I wanted to have no issues. A month prior to my trip I noticed they had put me in different seats in a less desirable location. I contacted them and they explained to me that are not guaranteed. I flew to Florida in the seats I was forced to fly in. The night before we flew out of Florida I checked my flight to see if my flight was delayed. Once again I noticed my seats had changed for a second time but this time I was pushed from first class to coach and I was not sitting next to my wife and child. This was done without notice. I called Delta and explained the situation to them and they were very rude and said we got moved and there is nothing we can do besides switching flights. I have never ran into a airline that is more unorganized or disrespectful. For the amount of money spent to flight with this company I would highly recommend flying with someone else or pay a lot less for the same service.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteMSP to RSW
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"friendly and hard working"

New York to Paris CDG with Delta Air Lines was a very pleasant flight. Staff were knowledgeable, friendly and hard working. Food was fine and enough. Drink was copiously in large cups. Compliment to the staff who asked regularly if we needed anything and nothing was too much to ask.!
RouteJFK to CDG
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"cabin crew were friendly"

Delta's B717-200s are probably my least favourite in its fleet. This type was used on my flight from Toronto to New York JFK. It really looked old inside and out. Boarding was on time and so was our arrival. The cabin crew were friendly and were smiling all the time. Snack was provided and it wasn't too bad. No IFE on this flight but it was okay. I enjoyed the view. I enjoyed the flight but it would have been better if a newer aircraft was used.
RouteYYZ to JFK
Date FlownApril 2015

"cabin crew were attentive"

Flying transatlantic is at least 7 hours so it is vital that you fly with a good airline. I was right to book Delta Air Lines on my way back to London Heathrow from New York JFK. I checked in using the Delta IOS app - very straightforward and efficient. Boarding was smooth and on time. The cabin crew were attentive and friendly. Other airlines must learn from Delta on this one. Most cabin crew from other airlines talk to you like a robot, mostly closed ended questions which is probably understandable when they are offering food for example. However, not all interactions must be of such nature. The food was great as well as the snacks. It did not look and taste horrible and cheap at all - a call out to Virgin Atlantic. It was a very comfortable and restful flight. I was impressed with Delta on their transatlantic products. I will definitely fly with them again.
AircraftBoeing 767-300ER
RouteJFK to LHR
Date FlownApril 2015

"what a stark contrast"

The Delta flight from Paris to Seattle on 20th January was one of the best flights I have had in a long time. The seats were comfortable, entertainment was great with lots of movie choices and meals offered were tasty and plenty. One main meal service and two snacks. Amazing cabin crew provided excellent service throughout the flight, with many drink service runs. The return flight from Detroit to Paris was most disappointing in comparison - with unfriendly crew, after meal service not seen again until an hour before landing in Paris. No drink runs and when I asked about the meal the reply was impatient and uncaring. It goes to show that the quality of the flight can vary according to the crew - what a stark contrast between the two flights!
RouteCDG to SEA
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"experience was really solid"

Four segments on Delta, one on KLM and one on Air France on a return trip from Ford Airport to Delhi. The Delta experience was really solid, from the friendliness of ground and onboard staff to cleanliness of planes. I am partial to the A330 because the 2-4-2 seating feels less cramped than the 9 or 10 across seating in newer widebody aircraft. Seats reasonable for economy, AVOD had nice foreign film choices and everything worked. Food was OK at best, probably the weakest part of the experience but not bad. Checking into a Delta flight at CDG was a little puzzling due to using Air France desks. SkyTeam does a great job overall, though, getting Delta passengers beyond Europe.
RouteIMT to DEL via AMS