Delta Air Lines

"food was rather sub-standard"

Verified Review | Los Angeles to Sydney. Delta had a 3x3x3 layout in economy class on this Boeing 777 on this flight from LA to Sydney. I had an economy comfort seat, which features more legroom and slightly more recline, both valuable assets on a 14 hours flight. The seat was comfortable, and I could catch some sleep. The service was decent. However, the food was rather sub-standard. I had a tasteless cheese ravioli dish. At least, I cannot complain regarding the amount of food available: Delta served a snack in the middle of the flight (sandwich, apple, cookie) and breakfast (French toast). Furthermore, they had a snack bar where you could serve yourself during the flight.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteLos Angeles to Sydney
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"she had given my seat away"

Verified Review | New York JFK to Ft Lauderdale. I've purchased an online ticket and when I get to the airport I was assigned my seat in boarding pass. At the gate i was informed by the agent the flight is overbooked and if I do decide to go on a later flight I will be awarded with an $800 voucher since it was not to late and sounds great so I said yes I'm in, then she took my boarding pass she copied and told me to go ahead and have a she'll call. I was very hungry but I waited till everyone board which was over an hr of course, later she called my name then she gave me a new boarding pass she said go in, like I had no choice. So I get on the plane, after takeoff I grabbed my book and found my original boarding pass with a seat that the attendant just gave a free earpiece to, and I was just charged for one. I realized she had given my seat away to someone else and give me a broken seat. When I point it out to the flight attendant she said there's nothing they can do for me that the flight is full (with empty first class seats of course) however she will send a red code to the counter at the exit, and go talk to an agent when landed which I did - at the counter in FLL she completely ignored me. She had told me to call if I have a complaint she's busy.
RouteNew York JFK to Ft Lauderdale
Date FlownJune 2017

"Airplanes quite new, service reasonable"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | Delta allowed me to change our destination due to Hurricane Irma free of charge, on the day of the flight. I see this as an extraordinarily positive gesture. Airplanes quite new, service reasonable. On national flights weaker refreshments. Overall good price-value ratio.
RoutePrague to Los Angeles via New York JFK
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"Bad service, rude behavior"

Verified Review | San Jose to Atlanta. I have seen a lot of service on airplanes, good and bad. This service before the boarding was by far the worst experience in a long time. Online Check In didn't work due to technical issues, no seats available at check in to sit next to each other. Even three hours before. Exit was available but didn't give us without charge. No customer service as I expect. Was supposed to ask at gate, waited 20 Min and the answer was "No, flight full. Next please". Very rude and not friendly at all. A good explanation would be fine. Was questioned by employee about visit to Costa Rica without letting me know about the reasons for his questions. Don't recommend this airline. Bad service, rude behavior.
RouteSan Jose to Atlanta

"service was very good"

Verified Review | Amsterdam to Seattle. I have to admit having read the reports on this site I wasn't looking forward to this flight but the service was very good, the flight attendants professional and helpful and food/drinks offered were good quality and well presented. Seat was comfortable. If I have a complaint the IFE film selection was not particularly my choice but there was enough I could pick from for the flight.
AircraftA330-200
RouteAmsterdam to Seattle
Date FlownAugust 2017

"gate agent gave it away"

Verified Review | Salt Lake City to Raleigh Durham on DL1846. Paid for business class ticket and gate agent gave it away to someone else when I was in the terminal, on my way to the gate (using restroom -- sometimes you gotta go), more than 10 minutes before departure. When I arrived, the gate agent essentially said "too bad, I can do what I want" with a big "forget you" to a very loyal customer. I guess 650,000+ miles in the last five years doesn't mean much to these guys.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteSalt Lake City to Raleigh Durham
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"friendly, helpful and informative"

Verified Review | London Heathrow to Portland. I had the pleasure of travelling to and from Portland with the same cabin crew. They were really efficient, friendly, helpful and informative, not only in terms of in flight support but also useful data and advice re our time in Oregon. Further, despite being very approachable they maintained a highly professional approach. In respect of the food, there was a good range on the menu and the "hot food" was actually hot. The only small downside re refreshments was that we were not provided with the usual pre-flight drink on our way back from Portland. Seating and in flight entertainment were fine though I did not find the flatbed particularly comfortable. My thanks to all the great cabin staff( and of course the pilots), for facilitating two enjoyable flights.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Portland
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"The service was very good"

Verified Review | Had a very pleasant flight with Delta from Atlanta to Bogotá. Delta uses a narrow-body Boeing 757-200 for this flight, which features the same business class as in domestic flights. It has five rows with 2x2 recliner seats. But for a four-hour flight, this is perfectly sufficient. The service was very good, and the food was tasty. Delta usually has a meat and a vegetarian option on this flight. I had a salad, Ravioli with fresh vegetables and a fruit platter for desert. I could not have asked for more.
RouteAtlanta to Bogotá
Date FlownAugust 2017

"We had very good customer service"

Verified Review | We had very good customer service on our recent trip to Tampa! I was worried about traveling in light of the negative publicity surrounding different airlines, especially traveling with a 5 year old, a 2 year old and infant. Allowing us to board first and get settled was very helpful as well as allowing us to check car seats, strollers at no cost. But the best part was when we were coming back and my 2year old grandson had had enough refusing to buckle, wanting to get out of his seat, etc. We were in the very back seat next to the stewardesses seat. A lady sat beside him and held his hand and talked with him, got him cookies and juice, showed him pictures of her children while we were taking off and landing. She was so good and sweet with him! Really made our trip home less stressful and more enjoyable!
RouteCedar Rapids, IA to Tampa, FL via Atlanta
Date FlownAugust 2017

"Amazing crew of flight attendants"

Verified Review | Seattle to Los Angeles. First the planes--thus gates--were switched last minute. Shuttled across the airport and boarded to find that we were delayed because they had to verify the switch (due to a faulty turbo needed for Alaska but not Los Angeles) and because we had too much fuel (again, needed for Alaska not LA). Then because during the now 90 min wait with no air conditioning on a 85+ degree day* we'd used gas from one side of the plane and not the other so it had to be siphoned over. Amazing crew of flight attendants gave us water for the heat and encouraged us to file official complaints. But that 1/2 glass of ice-less water each used up the entire flight's supply. Lots of unhappy flyers, crew, and missed connections.
RouteSeattle to Los Angeles