Cubana Airlines

Review by (United States) 28th July 2015

On the way to Cuba, the wait time was two hours for check-in. Baggage took an hour to arrive as well. On my return flight, I showed up 3 hours early as recommended for my 6am flight. We stood waiting until 5am when they told us the plane was delayed until 9pm. I had a flight at 8pm that night and asked for a refund. So many things went wrong with this flight but the customer service or lack of was ridiculous. I arrived to Mexico city at midnight and ended up having to purchase another ticket out of pocket for the flight I missed.
RouteHabana to Mexico City

Review by (Netherlands) 27th July 2015

We booked this flight because it was the only direct flight from Cancun to Havana, the flight should take about 1 hour. When we arrived at the airport the staff at the incheck-counter said we would have an delay of 5 hours because they overbooked the airplane and they need to fly in an other plane from Cuba (via Mexico City). Finally we departed 7.5 hours later, the only service they provided was a food voucher of 10$. So for us, never again!
RouteCancun to Havana

Review by (Australia) 4th May 2015

I flew CUN-HAV-CUN with Cubana in November 2014. Inbound flight was delayed for 3 hours due to bad weather in the region. Service was average and no entertainment onboard but it is a 1 hr 20 minutes flight so I did some reading. Outbound flight was on time. Good value for money but do not expect nothing fancy.

Review by (Canada) 24th April 2015

We flew from Toronto to Cayo Coco and everything went as it should have. On time both directions decent food and great cabin crew. Lots of legroom but the plane could have used a good cleaning. I would fly with them again.

Review by (Canada) 20th April 2015

I traveled from Montreal to Cayo Coco last week and was relieved to find that I did not experience all the negative experiences that have previously been reported. Outbound and inbound flights were right on time. No charge for checked bags was bonus and lunch provided was adequate. Would definitely fly Air Cubana again.

Review by (United Kingdom) 28th March 2015

Tried to fly from Cancun to Havana on 28th February. Arrived at check-in at 14.00 for a 16.00 flight. Waited and waited and finally checked in at 16.15 15 minutes after the flight was due to leave! They issued boarding cards and then said they didn't know where the plane was! They then told us we wouldn't be flying - this is a 1 hour 20 minute flight. After waiting an hour we were told we would be going to a hotel - a hotel it wasn't! Disgusting student accommodation which they took us in mini buses which for 200 passengers took 20 journeys over 5 hours! No Cubana representative at the hotel or the next morning. In the end we had to make our own plans and flew with Copa via Panama. Unfortunately Cubana works on Cuban lines which means if it goes wrong nothing to do with us. They maybe cheap but it will cost you a lot more in the end.
Seat Comfort N/A
Cabin Staff Service N/A

Review by (Canada) 26th March 2015

We paid for 4 seats. When we boarded they took our tickets and then he left with our tickets. I had 3 children with me 12 4 and a 2 year old. We were put at the very back where the seats don't recline. They took one of my seats and gave it to someone else. I had to sit straight up for 4 hours with a squirming 2 year old on my lap. I had to ask 4 times for a couple of blankets for the kids and even then they gave them to the people in front of us. Cubana airlines are almost as bad as Air France. Regardless we won't be flying either.

Review by (Canada) 25th March 2015

My wife daughter and myself flew with Cubana to Cayo Largo the last week of Feb 2015. On both trips to and from the plane was pretty much on time well prepared staff were friendly enough and conducted themselves in a professional manner. Considering what we paid for our holiday we were surprised that we got a meal on both flights and it was quite enjoyable. Not the best airline in the world by any means but the flight was smooth. I have nothing negative to say about Cubana at all and as far as their planes the ones used for trips from Ontario to Cuba during the winter months are an Avion wet lease which are in partnership with Thompson so no worries as to who maintains and looks after the fleet of planes. If you decide to take Cubana you can also get good deals we got great savings with a "half off" tax sale they had.

Review by 9th March 2015

We flew from Montreal to Havana on the 22 February 2015 and back on the 27 and everything ran smoothly on both flights. The plane was on time and the personnel onboard were ok. The plane and the toilets were clean. It is the third year in a row that I have flown with Cubana and I have nothing to complain about. Great value for the money. It is basic transportation but for a 4 hour flight we don't need more. If you want a newer airplane and more services take another airline and pay much more.

Review by (Canada) 18th February 2015

On Sunday February 7th 2015 my wife and I were on Cubana Flight 188 returning to Toronto from Holguin. On approach to Pearson Airport in Toronto the pilot was advised that the airport was closed and we were diverted to Montreal. All passengers behaved extremely well and took everything in stride. However once in Montreal it took over 2 hours before our luggage was made available and only after that coupons for meals and accommodation were handed out. We finally got to our hotel at 11.00 pm and had to be back at the airport at 5.00 am. The wickets were finally manned at 6.00am. All the delays were totally unnecessary and the whole procedure could have been handled in a far more expeditious and speedy manner. I repeat kudos to all passengers who despite the long waits and line ups were extremely patient.