Top 100 Airlines

CSA Czech Airlines

"allowance for checked luggage 15kg"

(China)

Verified Review | After suffering a Czech Airline flight from Warsaw to Prague, I had the misfortune to further suffer a flight from Prague to Venice. I was surprised that the allowance for checked luggage is 15kg, while practically all airlines give 20 (or 23)kg. They say all airlines are different, but having flown with most, Czech is the only airline that is so mean. My luggage was 16 kg and the agent insisted that I retrieve 1 kg from the suitcase, in the check in line. On the flight there is no service. Even water is charged and I am glad to see that practically no one buys anything. The ATR aircraft is slow so the short trip took 1 hr 40 min. Czech had only some 17 planes and 7 of which are ATR.
AircraftATR 42
RoutePRG to VCE
Date FlownAugust 2016

"outbound delay 4hrs, inbound delay 3hrs"

Liverpool to Prague with CSA Czech Airlines. Outbound delayed over 4hrs and inbound delayed over 3hrs. No explanation given - we were given a food voucher which would just about cover drink and a biscuit which is totally unacceptable. The airline staff were not apologetic or helpful in anyway. We are frequent fliers and have not had service so poor. It was our first time to Prague to a family wedding. Prague was lovely and so near from Liverpool we would go again but not with service like this. One delay possibly but two delays in one week totalling over 7 hours is totally unacceptable.
Route LPL to PRG
Date FlownJuly 2016

"worst seats I have ever had"

(Belgium)

Prague to Copenhagen. Czech Airlines are worst. I have been flying a lot this year and I never had any problems until flying with them this week. They were very strict with luggage, allowing checked-in luggage only for 15kg otherwise I had to pay 40€ more. Normally an airline has a 23kg limit for checked-in luggage. They were quite unfriendly and at the gate I had to leave my bagpack for the check-in luggage, even if with any other airline I could keep both so far and the worst is that they lost everything that was in the side pockets, no secure passage provided for this luggage that should have passed as hand luggage. Additionally I was seated in the last row of the airplane and those were the worst seats I have ever had with even for a small person like me no space at all. I'm very annoyed and I'll never fly with them again.
RoutePRG to CPH
Date FlownJuly 2016

"almost at the European standard"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | Prague to Rome. After my previous negative experience with CSA (flying a Slovak B737 in a charter configuration on a regular CSA route), this flight was fine and almost at the European standard. Very friendly and supportive cabin personnel. Although no meal or drinks are given for free, 8 EUR for a "business menu" (if booked in advance) is an acceptable option and recommended. CSA should not use any low cost or charter airplanes (Smartwings, Travel Service etc), but only its Airbus fleet.
RoutePRG to FCO
Date FlownJuly 2016

"worst experience in my life"

(South Korea)

Verified Review | The worst experience in my life. When I tried to check in at the Stockholm Arlanda airport to fly to Incheon via Prague on July 11, the person at the counter told me that the CSA flight to Prague was 2 hours delayed and eventually I will not be able to transfer to Incheon as well. Even worse, the person at the counter didn't know what to do and has no sympathy to help me; he just hand me the CSA call center number and keep saying I should figure out the next plan by myself. CSA didn't give me any notice of the delayed flight. I called the call center and after a long phone call, they arranged me the KLM tickets. But unlike the tickets I paid for, this KLM tickets worth less mileage; I paid for 70% mileage tickets and received 25% mileage. And seats were uncomfortable since I had few choices. I claimed my loss at CSA customer claim site, but CSA never replied nor show any interest in solving the problem. It was the worst airline I had ever known.
RouteARN to ICN via PRG
Date FlownJuly 2016

"won't be flying this airline again"

(Finland)

I was checking at Amsterdam Airport for flight to Prague. I was using the business check in as I'm SkyTeam Elite Plus customer through Alitalia. At desk, the clerk said I need to pay for my luggage. I was surprised as one luggage is free for Elite Plus customers, so I asked why is this. To my amazement clerk said because you don't have valid status level. I showed my card again, but she said, nope their system doesn't see my status. I offered to show my status on Alitalia website also but she refused to look at it and demanded 20 euro luggage fee. After 10 minutes argument, I paid. After check in I went to KLM lounge and asked them to check if they see some issue with my status but their system showed my Elite Plus status correctly so it must have been Czech Airlines system that was not working. The clerk attitude at check in desk was being demeaning all the time, saying you don't understand how status levels work and you need to fly enough to get status etc. which I found abysmal for business check clerk behaving like this. After trip I emailed Czech Airlines customer service and they acknowledged the issue and said it was their system and was willing to refund the 20 euro). You bet I won't be flying with this airline ever again.
RouteAMS to PRG
Date FlownJune 2016

"the worst flying experience"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | After many flights with Lufthansa and Swiss I tried CSA Czech Airlines once more. This was the worst flying experience. There was an A319 planned for both routes Prague-Copenhagen and Copenhagen-Prague but a 20 year old B737 leased from Slovakia was used instead. The interior was very old and seats so close that even low cost carriers have a bigger pitch. There was no free water (nor snack) provided on a flight lasting 80 min. Return flight was a few hours delayed for technical reasons and was operated by a Smartwings low-cost B737.
RoutePRG to CPH
Date FlownJune 2016

"never fly this airline again"

Verified Review | Venice to Prague was absolutely terrible. Took over two hours to load the baggage only to have it removed and no justification given or how it would be delivered to the passengers affected. Over 20 passengers affected and the crew put the blame on the ground crew in Venice and not CSA airlines, even though the CSA Pilot directed the removal of the bags. Terrible service, attitude or help in giving us an explanation of when our bags would arrive. Will never fly this airline again.
RouteVCE to PRG

"I do not recommend"

(Russian Federation)

Verified Review | Prague to Moscow was an unforgettable experience with Czech Airlines. Remembering a pleasant flight with this company several years back, we decided to go for buying the tickets for this-year trip and it was our mistake : pricy tickets do not guarantee your timely flight, any decent food (even though are offered a choice of food option while booking the ticket) – only Maggi-cup as a main course for 3.5 euros; no water free of charge will be offered to you. Several flights including low-cost flights were united both on the way to and fro Prague, so there was no difference in the quality of the flight apart from the unfair price. The only response that we could get out of the crew was that the company changed the policy some months ago. But it hasn’t even bothered to inform the customers beforehand. One more disappointment was awaiting for us on our way back from Prague when we used the online check-in option but still had to undergo the queuing at the check-in gates, as a drop-box was not existent for some reason. After boarding on the flight we had to sit for an hour in the plane due to technical problems. I do not recommend flying Czech Airlines unless you don’t care about the comfort and price.
RoutePRG to SVO
Date FlownApril 2016

"very attentive service"

I flew with CSA Czech Airlines from Amsterdam to Moscow, changing in Prague. Overall it was a very pleasant experience, apart from the handling agent in AMS who did not seem to be well informed about the baggage allowance, it took some explanation, but in the end, the problem was solved. The flight from AMS to PRG was a very short intra-EU hop, with no food/drinks provided. Didn't miss it on such a short flight, though. Early arrival into Prague, so smooth connection. For the flight to Moscow, I had pre-ordered an "upgrade menu" for 12 euro - basically you get served a business meal in economy and this certainly was worth every cent. Nice food, including very attentive service. Early arrival into Moscow. All in all, a very good experience.
RouteAMS to SVO via PRG