Vote Now

CSA Czech Airlines

"service is quiet and professional"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | I am a frequent traveller to the UK and CSA are offering flights from Prague to Birmingham and during summer to Liverpool. The planes are always clean and I like they are very comfortable. Comparing to other direct services between Prague, CSA is good choice and very cheap - much cheaper than low costs (I am booking always last week before flight). The service is quiet, professional, I get newspapers, magazines. Food is the weakest part - I do not expect anything for free but the onboard selection could be better. I was flying with Flex Plus which is more expensive and I got a meal - not a very good sandwich, although the idea was good, the sandwich was probably flying in plane whole day till it got to me. CSA is simply much more comforatble than low costs. Timing of the flights is a problem. Also the delays are quite a problem.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteBHX to PRG
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"never knowingly on time"

Flew from Birmingham to Prague . Never knowingly on time. The outbound flight was over an hour late departing, the inbound flight over 40 minutes late departing. This is the first time I have flown with Czech Airlines and most likely the last. Whilst delays are sometimes to be expected, it seems that this airline can't get itself organised to leave on time. The in-flight service suffers from the same lack of focus. It took the best part of an hour to serve passengers and the cabin crew made no attempt to move if a passenger was waiting to get to the lavatories at the rear of the plane. The seat pitch is tiny. I couldn't recommend this airline.
RouteBHX to PRG
Date FlownDecember 2016

"attendants were unprofessional"

Verified Review | Kosice to Frankfurt via Prague. This trip with CSA was my first experience with a low-cost airline. The ticket was not low-cost, but the whole experience sure felt that way. All food and beverages had to be paid, the flight attendants were only interested to sell something, the plane was an old turboprop with the bare basics, the seat was cramped and uncomfortable. The plane of the second segment left Prague with 20 min delay. The flight attendants were unprofessional; one of them was openly flirting with a Czech man just in front of me. The other, when I noted that the pilot mentioned that we would arrive at Frankfurt 30' late and I would thus miss my train, rudely responded that we would land only 5 mins late, without of course taking into account that arrival means to the terminal, not to the landing strip. So I did miss my train and I hope that I will never have to travel with CSA again. Incidentally, a small espresso take-away at the Prague terminal cost 4 Euro!
AircraftATR72
RouteKSC to FRA via PRG
Date FlownNovember 2016

"a low-cost level"

(Czech Republic)

Rome to Prague with CSA Czech Airlines. The biggest problem with this airline is the management. They pushed the level of the Czech national carrier to a low-cost level. No catering at all on board. You can only buy some poor quality snacks. Legroom was simply terrible, I could barely fit. Another problem was that no checked baggage was included in price. So everybody took baggage on board, so if you came later on board, you probably wouldn't find any space for your bag. But the crew was really nice, kind and friendly - they did their best.
RouteFCO to PRG
Date FlownOctober 2016

"allowance for checked luggage 15kg"

(China)

Verified Review | After suffering a Czech Airline flight from Warsaw to Prague, I had the misfortune to further suffer a flight from Prague to Venice. I was surprised that the allowance for checked luggage is 15kg, while practically all airlines give 20 (or 23)kg. They say all airlines are different, but having flown with most, Czech is the only airline that is so mean. My luggage was 16 kg and the agent insisted that I retrieve 1 kg from the suitcase, in the check in line. On the flight there is no service. Even water is charged and I am glad to see that practically no one buys anything. The ATR aircraft is slow so the short trip took 1 hr 40 min. Czech had only some 17 planes and 7 of which are ATR.
AircraftATR 42
RoutePRG to VCE
Date FlownAugust 2016

"outbound delay 4hrs, inbound delay 3hrs"

Liverpool to Prague with CSA Czech Airlines. Outbound delayed over 4hrs and inbound delayed over 3hrs. No explanation given - we were given a food voucher which would just about cover drink and a biscuit which is totally unacceptable. The airline staff were not apologetic or helpful in anyway. We are frequent fliers and have not had service so poor. It was our first time to Prague to a family wedding. Prague was lovely and so near from Liverpool we would go again but not with service like this. One delay possibly but two delays in one week totalling over 7 hours is totally unacceptable.
Route LPL to PRG
Date FlownJuly 2016

"worst seats I have ever had"

(Belgium)

Prague to Copenhagen. Czech Airlines are worst. I have been flying a lot this year and I never had any problems until flying with them this week. They were very strict with luggage, allowing checked-in luggage only for 15kg otherwise I had to pay 40€ more. Normally an airline has a 23kg limit for checked-in luggage. They were quite unfriendly and at the gate I had to leave my bagpack for the check-in luggage, even if with any other airline I could keep both so far and the worst is that they lost everything that was in the side pockets, no secure passage provided for this luggage that should have passed as hand luggage. Additionally I was seated in the last row of the airplane and those were the worst seats I have ever had with even for a small person like me no space at all. I'm very annoyed and I'll never fly with them again.
RoutePRG to CPH
Date FlownJuly 2016

"almost at the European standard"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | Prague to Rome. After my previous negative experience with CSA (flying a Slovak B737 in a charter configuration on a regular CSA route), this flight was fine and almost at the European standard. Very friendly and supportive cabin personnel. Although no meal or drinks are given for free, 8 EUR for a "business menu" (if booked in advance) is an acceptable option and recommended. CSA should not use any low cost or charter airplanes (Smartwings, Travel Service etc), but only its Airbus fleet.
RoutePRG to FCO
Date FlownJuly 2016

"worst experience in my life"

(South Korea)

Verified Review | The worst experience in my life. When I tried to check in at the Stockholm Arlanda airport to fly to Incheon via Prague on July 11, the person at the counter told me that the CSA flight to Prague was 2 hours delayed and eventually I will not be able to transfer to Incheon as well. Even worse, the person at the counter didn't know what to do and has no sympathy to help me; he just hand me the CSA call center number and keep saying I should figure out the next plan by myself. CSA didn't give me any notice of the delayed flight. I called the call center and after a long phone call, they arranged me the KLM tickets. But unlike the tickets I paid for, this KLM tickets worth less mileage; I paid for 70% mileage tickets and received 25% mileage. And seats were uncomfortable since I had few choices. I claimed my loss at CSA customer claim site, but CSA never replied nor show any interest in solving the problem. It was the worst airline I had ever known.
RouteARN to ICN via PRG
Date FlownJuly 2016

"won't be flying this airline again"

(Finland)

I was checking at Amsterdam Airport for flight to Prague. I was using the business check in as I'm SkyTeam Elite Plus customer through Alitalia. At desk, the clerk said I need to pay for my luggage. I was surprised as one luggage is free for Elite Plus customers, so I asked why is this. To my amazement clerk said because you don't have valid status level. I showed my card again, but she said, nope their system doesn't see my status. I offered to show my status on Alitalia website also but she refused to look at it and demanded 20 euro luggage fee. After 10 minutes argument, I paid. After check in I went to KLM lounge and asked them to check if they see some issue with my status but their system showed my Elite Plus status correctly so it must have been Czech Airlines system that was not working. The clerk attitude at check in desk was being demeaning all the time, saying you don't understand how status levels work and you need to fly enough to get status etc. which I found abysmal for business check clerk behaving like this. After trip I emailed Czech Airlines customer service and they acknowledged the issue and said it was their system and was willing to refund the 20 euro). You bet I won't be flying with this airline ever again.
RouteAMS to PRG