CSA Czech Airlines

"I was over by 1.4kg"

Verified Review | Warsaw to Prague. I had bought a ticket with no luggage by mistake and I wasn't able to add luggage online so I thought I'd just get it at the airport. When I went to check in the lady was rude, I was over by 1.4kg so she charged me an extra bag (35 euros for 23kg) and kept saying my bag was too heavy. If I had known - I could have packed an extra bag. Maybe consider hiring people who smile and are friendly to customers.
RouteWarsaw to Prague
Date FlownJuly 2017

"incredibly slow check-in"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | Incredibly slow check-in for CSA Czech Airlines, disorganised lines. In the middle of the check-in procedure, signs on the desks where changed to Alitalia, which caused confusion and frustration as Alitalia passengers were trying to pass. Check in was finished 7.45 and the plane was due to depart at 8.00. No other information was given. The check in staff then ran to the gate and were ready to start boarding, but were interupted by colleagues. We had to wait for 30 minutes without information, while the staff were sorting out their problems. When boarding started it took a very long time to get all passenges aboard, and we were not ready to depart before 9.38. The excuse given was "security and confusion about boarding procedures". When the sales trolley arrived, which took almost one hour to the last rows, almost everything was sold out, even the coffee. The only thing left was hot chocolate. Leg room was very limited. When boarding was due to start for the second flight, at 8.10 PM, an announcement was made that the flight would be delayed and new information would come at 9 PM (scheduled departure was 8.40 PM). At 9 PM new information was promised at 10 PM. 9.50 PM it was suddenly announced that it was last call, so I had to hurry to the gate where we had to wait for the last passengers. On the plane not even water was given for free.
AircraftBoeing 737-9 / ATR 72-500
RouteTel Aviv to Stockholm via Prague
Date FlownJune 2017

"late in 85% of the cases"

(Israel)

Verified Review | Prague to Košice. I have taken 7 flights with CSA and there was delay in 6 of them! It means they are late in 85% of the cases. In 100% the delay was not explained and no compensations were received. Onboard you get no service at all. You have to pay even for water! Which is like low-cost. I do not understand how this carrier is a member in skyteam alliance. I use those airlines because they are the only ones operating the route I'm flying.
RoutePrague to Košice
Date FlownJune 2017

"friendly and professional staff"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | I welcome this new route operated by CSA Czech Airlines as it now possible to fly directly from Malmo to Prague, thus avoiding the congested Copenhagen airport. This was the inaugural flight operated by the propeller aircraft ATR 42. Check in opened 2 hours prior to departure, friendly and professional staff. To comemorate the inaugural flight, free cakes with juice was served in the waiting area before the flight. The ribbon was cut off and everyone applauded. On the flight lighter food and beverages were on sale, two professional air hostesses worked on the flight. The flight time is with 1 hrs 40 minutes considerably longer than from Copenhagen with just over an hour. I will certainly use this route again.
AircraftATR 42 300
RouteMalmo to Prague

"worst experience ever"

Verified Review | Ostrava to Paris via Prague. The worst experience ever had with airline. First flight delayed 15 min the second did not wait and no information at all (within aircraft we were 10 concerned but attendant just said she will not help since she can not take care about 20 different passengers)! Aftersell service not existing : no information about delay regulation even in request for delay > 3h. Just said go to the website. Gave 4€ for a drink where regulation is taking care about meal and 2 phone Calls. Even no hello or "we are sorry". For 328€ you do not deserve respect for them.
RouteOstrava to Paris via Prague
Date FlownMay 2017

"friendly and nice cabin crews"

Verified Review | My flight Copenhagen - Prague on 9th May 2017. Everything was perfect onboard the aircraft. Comfortable seats, friendly and nice cabin crews. The only problem was waiting for security control in Copenhagen (it is not the fault of CSA Czech Airlines) and secondly was that the flight-deck crew departed before even the safety demonstration (video) had not finished.
RouteCopenhagen to Prague
Date FlownMay 2017

"would not recommend this airline"

Verified Review | Amsterdam to Prague. Do not use this airline. Really bad experience. Booked tickets with cancellation insurance. Missed my flight due to a 2 hour delay in security check. The airline did not inform for possible delays in the airport due to national holiday. I called them twice from the queue asking what to do and they told me if i am checked in the plane will wait. I called them again after i lost the plane and they asked for 400euros per person to book us in the morning flight and were not helpful with the insurance. I don't think this is professional and customer friendly approach. We had to miss our holiday but there were people in the same situation that were returning home and had to book hotels and miss whatever obligation they had the next day. I would not recommend this airline.
RouteAmsterdam to Prague
Date FlownApril 2017

I would definitely recommend"

Verified Review | Birmingham to Prague. Fantastic flight lovely cabin crew and more leg room then the flight I had last year with Thomas Cook. It was a really enjoyable flight there and back. A baguette cost 4 euros, water 2 euros. I would definitely recommend Czech Airlines. Lovely check in staff too.
RouteBirmingham to Prague
Date FlownApril 2017

"prepaid menu not worth it"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | Prague to Brussels. Motto of CSA seems to be "pay high, fly low". The prepaid menu is not worth it, you have to choose strictly 1 cold non alcoholic drink, 1 hot drink (tee or bad coffee) and 1 alcoholic drink (wine/beer). The staff didn't allow to choose 2 cold drinks instead of it (the second one I should pay). And my small second hand bag was a big issue for ground staff even I've got written confirmation from CSA customer centre with dimensions of the second small hand bag.
RoutePrague to Brussels
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"service is quiet and professional"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | I am a frequent traveller to the UK and CSA are offering flights from Prague to Birmingham and during summer to Liverpool. The planes are always clean and I like they are very comfortable. Comparing to other direct services between Prague, CSA is good choice and very cheap - much cheaper than low costs (I am booking always last week before flight). The service is quiet, professional, I get newspapers, magazines. Food is the weakest part - I do not expect anything for free but the onboard selection could be better. I was flying with Flex Plus which is more expensive and I got a meal - not a very good sandwich, although the idea was good, the sandwich was probably flying in plane whole day till it got to me. CSA is simply much more comforatble than low costs. Timing of the flights is a problem. Also the delays are quite a problem.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy