CSA Czech Airlines

"food was fresh and tasty"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | I have been travelling with CSA Czech Airlines flying to Warsaw. Unfortunately due to lack of aircraft, the flight has been delayed for more than 2 hours. No big deal for me, but I understand that some passengers might have been disgruntled on this short flight. I prepaid their business class menu, which I highly recommend, food was fresh and tasty, plenty of drinks, served in real glass and porcelain. In the aircraft one younger smiley and very nice FA, the second one was just OK. Ground services at Prague ok, in WAW they could have been faster as we waited for 15 minutes till someone came to the aircraft. Except for the delay it was a very ok experience.
AircraftATR42
RoutePrague to Warsaw
Date FlownJuly 2017

"not use Czech Airlines again"

(Macedonia)

Verified Review | Lisbon to Skopje via Prague. I was traveling first time with Czech airlines, and I will never travel with them again. I was returning from a trip, from Lisbon to Skopje via Prague with my fiance. The tickets we bought were called Economy LITE but were not cheap at all. Although we bought them 4 months in advance we paid for a round trip 298 EUR and 288 EUR for he both tickets, plus 50 EUR for 1 bag checked in baggage. When we were checking in in Lisbon we were told that they will have to give us separate seats, because they are charging to give you seats next to each other. Although they had many free seats in the aircraft they gave me seat in the front of the plane ant they put my fiance at the tale. They told us try to change the tickets later, but of course, it was not possible because the plane was full, and I noticed, that many people are set randomly, and separated from their friends. They are separating the people that travel together just to charge for connected seats, you pay normal price and you receive low budget flight service. You don't receive free meal or drink during the flight. You have only 7kg hand baggage. It doesn't even include personal small bag, where you can keep your passport and money. They told us to put these small bags in the hand baggage suitcases, otherwise they would have to charge us. So we put these small bags in the suitcases and later during the flight we spent the all time hungry and thirsty, because it was too difficult to take out money or credit card out from the suitcases in the bags compartment. The flight Lisbon to Prague was late almost one hour and we almost missed our connected flight, we had to run like crazy through the airport. The thing we had separate and distant seats made the situation more difficult, we had to wait and search for each other. Fortunately the connected flight to Skopje was delayed too, so we arrived in last moment, all sweaty and tired of running. Regardless of this, at the boarding entrance, they told me to open and rearrange my suitcase, and I had to do it at the entrance on the floor, because it had one small lump of 3cm that was not fitting in the allowed dimensions, which they wanted to charge me for, although it was clearly obvious that the size of the suitcase fits perfectly, even the lump fitted if pressured, because the suitcase was not full, just one item was not set perfectly. It was my personal small bag that they told me to pack in the suitcase at the previous flight. After all this, we arrived in Skopje, but my checked in suitcase didn't arrive, although I paid extra 50EUR for this service for a checked in baggage. I made a complaint, but the web baggage tracking still can not find it after 3 hours. I hope that at least, this problem with the lost suitcase will finish well, and the suitcase will be found in the next days. I would totally not use Czech Airlines flights again. Instead making your travel easier and more comfortable, they are making it more difficult and exhausting. You pay a normal ticket price for this ticket they call "EconomyLITE" and you receive low budget flight service, even worse. Completely not worth for the money.
RouteLisbon to Skopje via Prague

"I was over by 1.4kg"

Verified Review | Warsaw to Prague. I had bought a ticket with no luggage by mistake and I wasn't able to add luggage online so I thought I'd just get it at the airport. When I went to check in the lady was rude, I was over by 1.4kg so she charged me an extra bag (35 euros for 23kg) and kept saying my bag was too heavy. If I had known - I could have packed an extra bag. Maybe consider hiring people who smile and are friendly to customers.
RouteWarsaw to Prague

"incredibly slow check-in"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | Incredibly slow check-in for CSA Czech Airlines, disorganised lines. In the middle of the check-in procedure, signs on the desks where changed to Alitalia, which caused confusion and frustration as Alitalia passengers were trying to pass. Check in was finished 7.45 and the plane was due to depart at 8.00. No other information was given. The check in staff then ran to the gate and were ready to start boarding, but were interupted by colleagues. We had to wait for 30 minutes without information, while the staff were sorting out their problems. When boarding started it took a very long time to get all passenges aboard, and we were not ready to depart before 9.38. The excuse given was "security and confusion about boarding procedures". When the sales trolley arrived, which took almost one hour to the last rows, almost everything was sold out, even the coffee. The only thing left was hot chocolate. Leg room was very limited. When boarding was due to start for the second flight, at 8.10 PM, an announcement was made that the flight would be delayed and new information would come at 9 PM (scheduled departure was 8.40 PM). At 9 PM new information was promised at 10 PM. 9.50 PM it was suddenly announced that it was last call, so I had to hurry to the gate where we had to wait for the last passengers. On the plane not even water was given for free.
AircraftBoeing 737-9 / ATR 72-500
RouteTel Aviv to Stockholm via Prague
Date FlownJune 2017

"late in 85% of the cases"

(Israel)

Verified Review | Prague to Košice. I have taken 7 flights with CSA and there was delay in 6 of them! It means they are late in 85% of the cases. In 100% the delay was not explained and no compensations were received. Onboard you get no service at all. You have to pay even for water! Which is like low-cost. I do not understand how this carrier is a member in skyteam alliance. I use those airlines because they are the only ones operating the route I'm flying.
RoutePrague to Košice
Date FlownJune 2017

"friendly and professional staff"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | I welcome this new route operated by CSA Czech Airlines as it now possible to fly directly from Malmo to Prague, thus avoiding the congested Copenhagen airport. This was the inaugural flight operated by the propeller aircraft ATR 42. Check in opened 2 hours prior to departure, friendly and professional staff. To comemorate the inaugural flight, free cakes with juice was served in the waiting area before the flight. The ribbon was cut off and everyone applauded. On the flight lighter food and beverages were on sale, two professional air hostesses worked on the flight. The flight time is with 1 hrs 40 minutes considerably longer than from Copenhagen with just over an hour. I will certainly use this route again.
AircraftATR 42 300
RouteMalmo to Prague

"worst experience ever"

Verified Review | Ostrava to Paris via Prague. The worst experience ever had with airline. First flight delayed 15 min the second did not wait and no information at all (within aircraft we were 10 concerned but attendant just said she will not help since she can not take care about 20 different passengers)! Aftersell service not existing : no information about delay regulation even in request for delay > 3h. Just said go to the website. Gave 4€ for a drink where regulation is taking care about meal and 2 phone Calls. Even no hello or "we are sorry". For 328€ you do not deserve respect for them.
RouteOstrava to Paris via Prague
Date FlownMay 2017

"friendly and nice cabin crews"

Verified Review | My flight Copenhagen - Prague on 9th May 2017. Everything was perfect onboard the aircraft. Comfortable seats, friendly and nice cabin crews. The only problem was waiting for security control in Copenhagen (it is not the fault of CSA Czech Airlines) and secondly was that the flight-deck crew departed before even the safety demonstration (video) had not finished.
RouteCopenhagen to Prague
Date FlownMay 2017

"would not recommend this airline"

Verified Review | Amsterdam to Prague. Do not use this airline. Really bad experience. Booked tickets with cancellation insurance. Missed my flight due to a 2 hour delay in security check. The airline did not inform for possible delays in the airport due to national holiday. I called them twice from the queue asking what to do and they told me if i am checked in the plane will wait. I called them again after i lost the plane and they asked for 400euros per person to book us in the morning flight and were not helpful with the insurance. I don't think this is professional and customer friendly approach. We had to miss our holiday but there were people in the same situation that were returning home and had to book hotels and miss whatever obligation they had the next day. I would not recommend this airline.
RouteAmsterdam to Prague
Date FlownApril 2017

I would definitely recommend"

Verified Review | Birmingham to Prague. Fantastic flight lovely cabin crew and more leg room then the flight I had last year with Thomas Cook. It was a really enjoyable flight there and back. A baguette cost 4 euros, water 2 euros. I would definitely recommend Czech Airlines. Lovely check in staff too.
RouteBirmingham to Prague