CSA Czech Airlines

"seats are comfortable enough"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | First time I flown with CSA with my family from Stockholm to Prague and we were not disappointed. Check-in was smooth, boarding was smooth, economy class seats are comfortable enough for a two hr long flight. Flight attendants did their job, I did not have to interact with them at all. Take off and landing were on time. No delay. I have nothing bad to say about this airline. Same experience on the way back. Clean interior and enough place for hand baggage. Passengers can see the flight route throughout the flight. We had our own snack and water during the flight.
RouteStockholm Arlanda to Prague
Date FlownNovember 2017

"Overpriced low cost treatment"

(Ukraine)

Verified Review | Mixed bag of two different experiences. Paris to Prague and Prague to Kiev. Booked through travel agent and then wasn’t able to access booking on the csa.com to buy options like food or extra bag. Was able to get bag allowance via online check in where it recognized my premium status with SkyTeam. At the airport in Paris everything was smooth and easy including SkyPriority lanes available at every stage. Plane was bang on time. The seat comfort was excellent which is important to me. Didn’t have opportunity to try their meal since wasn’t able to pre-order it, but no problem for 1 hr flight. When in Prague everything changed dramatically. At the gate there was no flight info at all and no one attended. The screen showed a 2 hr delay. The csa.com has no flight status info and sends you to Prague airport website where flight was shown as leaving on time. One hour later incomprehensible announcement about gate change with exact words “The flight is leaving now from Gate X”. The crowd ran there to find new gate empty and door closed with no one around. 60 minutes later flight was called for boarding. At their home base CSA don’t maintain separate lane for business and SkyTeam passengers. All stood in one line and boarding was a mess. Onboard 2 hr flight nothing was for free, even water. Since security check is done directly at the boarding gate after shopping area you get your bottle of water purchased to bring onboard confiscated but then after the lane they have a vending machine for you to buy previously confiscated water again. When onboard no apologies for delay from the crew. Ticket price was higher than KLM on the same route. Cabin bag allowance was just 1 item of 8 kg vs KLM 12 kg and 2 items plus drinks and snacks for free. Checked baggage allowance is up to SkyTeam standards. Only 3 star for ground service due to good experience in Paris. For Prague airport they deserve no star. Overpriced low cost treatment. Inconsistent.
RouteParis CDG to Kiev Boryspil via Prague
Date FlownNovember 2017

"very confortable seats"

(Greece)

Verified Review | Prague to Brussels. We had an hour delay due to the bad weather and air traffic. The plane was clean with very confortable seats, landing was very smooth. Airline does not offer anything so you have to pay from their catalog. Ticket was very cheap - 38 euro. Not bad for a 1.5 flight!
RoutePrague to Brussels
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"unreasonably high prices"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | Nice to Prague. Flights are mostly on time, smooth boarding and nice atmospohere in the aircraft. A319 in good condition and clean. Real shame is, that you dont even get free water on the board and everything is paid (with unreasonably high prices). Bagage allowance depends on type of your ticket, be careful (PRG to NCE for example allows only 15kg). Tickets prices might seem a bit too high. Average european airline in my opinion.
RouteNice to Prague
Date FlownJuly 2017

"crew was very nice and friendly"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Brussels to Prague. Check-in Staff was nice, and Lounge provide enough Food and Beverage as well. Flight was on schedule and Cabin crew was very nice and friendly. When landed in Prague, it was not using airbridge but they provide car for Business Class Passenger. Food during on board was also enough for refreshment on short Flight.
RouteBrussels to Prague
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"worst flying experience"

Verified Review | Prague to Moscow. One month ago I had the worst flying experience. It all became during the flight organization and check-in and continued onboard. Even though it was not the first time I used this carrier, but that time they exceeded all expectations. The personnel on board was rude and ignorant. When people were inquiring on either coffee they were serving was ground coffee or instant one, one of those stewardesses just answered in a way just leave me alone and the coffee is not for free. My previous trip I had with the company I had been sat by the emergency exit that is usually could be considered as an advantage, that time caused me lots of trouble and the chairs were even less comfortable than I could imagine. Just after that flight I carried over to Aeroflot and it was totally remarkable difference. Also, it took a while to get our luggage from a plane. I do not recommend anybody to use that company.
RoutePrague to Moscow
Date FlownAugust 2017

"food was fresh and tasty"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | I have been travelling with CSA Czech Airlines flying to Warsaw. Unfortunately due to lack of aircraft, the flight has been delayed for more than 2 hours. No big deal for me, but I understand that some passengers might have been disgruntled on this short flight. I prepaid their business class menu, which I highly recommend, food was fresh and tasty, plenty of drinks, served in real glass and porcelain. In the aircraft one younger smiley and very nice FA, the second one was just OK. Ground services at Prague ok, in WAW they could have been faster as we waited for 15 minutes till someone came to the aircraft. Except for the delay it was a very ok experience.
AircraftATR42
RoutePrague to Warsaw
Date FlownJuly 2017

"not use Czech Airlines again"

(Macedonia)

Verified Review | Lisbon to Skopje via Prague. I was traveling first time with Czech airlines, and I will never travel with them again. I was returning from a trip, from Lisbon to Skopje via Prague with my fiance. The tickets we bought were called Economy LITE but were not cheap at all. Although we bought them 4 months in advance we paid for a round trip 298 EUR and 288 EUR for he both tickets, plus 50 EUR for 1 bag checked in baggage. When we were checking in in Lisbon we were told that they will have to give us separate seats, because they are charging to give you seats next to each other. Although they had many free seats in the aircraft they gave me seat in the front of the plane ant they put my fiance at the tale. They told us try to change the tickets later, but of course, it was not possible because the plane was full, and I noticed, that many people are set randomly, and separated from their friends. They are separating the people that travel together just to charge for connected seats, you pay normal price and you receive low budget flight service. You don't receive free meal or drink during the flight. You have only 7kg hand baggage. It doesn't even include personal small bag, where you can keep your passport and money. They told us to put these small bags in the hand baggage suitcases, otherwise they would have to charge us. So we put these small bags in the suitcases and later during the flight we spent the all time hungry and thirsty, because it was too difficult to take out money or credit card out from the suitcases in the bags compartment. The flight Lisbon to Prague was late almost one hour and we almost missed our connected flight, we had to run like crazy through the airport. The thing we had separate and distant seats made the situation more difficult, we had to wait and search for each other. Fortunately the connected flight to Skopje was delayed too, so we arrived in last moment, all sweaty and tired of running. Regardless of this, at the boarding entrance, they told me to open and rearrange my suitcase, and I had to do it at the entrance on the floor, because it had one small lump of 3cm that was not fitting in the allowed dimensions, which they wanted to charge me for, although it was clearly obvious that the size of the suitcase fits perfectly, even the lump fitted if pressured, because the suitcase was not full, just one item was not set perfectly. It was my personal small bag that they told me to pack in the suitcase at the previous flight. After all this, we arrived in Skopje, but my checked in suitcase didn't arrive, although I paid extra 50EUR for this service for a checked in baggage. I made a complaint, but the web baggage tracking still can not find it after 3 hours. I hope that at least, this problem with the lost suitcase will finish well, and the suitcase will be found in the next days. I would totally not use Czech Airlines flights again. Instead making your travel easier and more comfortable, they are making it more difficult and exhausting. You pay a normal ticket price for this ticket they call "EconomyLITE" and you receive low budget flight service, even worse. Completely not worth for the money.
RouteLisbon to Skopje via Prague

"I was over by 1.4kg"

Verified Review | Warsaw to Prague. I had bought a ticket with no luggage by mistake and I wasn't able to add luggage online so I thought I'd just get it at the airport. When I went to check in the lady was rude, I was over by 1.4kg so she charged me an extra bag (35 euros for 23kg) and kept saying my bag was too heavy. If I had known - I could have packed an extra bag. Maybe consider hiring people who smile and are friendly to customers.
RouteWarsaw to Prague

"incredibly slow check-in"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | Incredibly slow check-in for CSA Czech Airlines, disorganised lines. In the middle of the check-in procedure, signs on the desks where changed to Alitalia, which caused confusion and frustration as Alitalia passengers were trying to pass. Check in was finished 7.45 and the plane was due to depart at 8.00. No other information was given. The check in staff then ran to the gate and were ready to start boarding, but were interupted by colleagues. We had to wait for 30 minutes without information, while the staff were sorting out their problems. When boarding started it took a very long time to get all passenges aboard, and we were not ready to depart before 9.38. The excuse given was "security and confusion about boarding procedures". When the sales trolley arrived, which took almost one hour to the last rows, almost everything was sold out, even the coffee. The only thing left was hot chocolate. Leg room was very limited. When boarding was due to start for the second flight, at 8.10 PM, an announcement was made that the flight would be delayed and new information would come at 9 PM (scheduled departure was 8.40 PM). At 9 PM new information was promised at 10 PM. 9.50 PM it was suddenly announced that it was last call, so I had to hurry to the gate where we had to wait for the last passengers. On the plane not even water was given for free.
AircraftBoeing 737-9 / ATR 72-500