Croatia Airlines

Review by (Croatia) 26th June 2015

Booking was easy, free seat selection and 23kg luggage included. Needed to register sports equipment and it was done by phone. Mobile check-in done using Miles&More app as Croatia Airlines uses Lufthansa check-in BCN. Croatia Airlines flies from non-Schengen gates E so nothing to do there as only one cafeteria, a small Duty-Free stand with very limited choices. Boarding on time, FAs welcoming us on board. Seat pitch is around 32 inches. Inflight magazine has lots of photos and articles to help pass time onboard. Small complimentary snack and drinks service and then later offered items from BOB program. Prices for BOB were triple than in the supermarket. We landed on time, customs cleared in 2', luggage delivered in 7'.
RouteBarcelona to Zagreb

Review by (United Arab Emirates) 12th April 2015

Clean cabins. On time departures. Flew VIE-ZAG and ZAG-DBV. Food service is something that maybe improved. (On international sector a Pack of crisps + water / on domestic sector a glass of water served). Cabin staff are pleasant. Overall a pleasant experience and recommended.

Review by (United Arab Emirates) 12th April 2015

Review by (France) 31st December 2014

I had the flight Paris-Zagreb-Paris in December. I have mixed emotions about Croatia airlines. Positive sides: both flights arrived on time nice clean aircraft's and very friendly cabin crew. Negative: the boarding was disorganized food service is unacceptable consisting of olives cheese/crackers for one way and disgusting sandwich for back flight and the check-in staff in Paris was not friendly at all. In terms of the food I think that the air company should go to the low cost model allowing passengers to buy the normal high quality food and drinks on board. I do not understand serving food which is inedible. This ruins the image of the company.

Review by (France) 31st December 2014

Review by (United States) 31st October 2014

October 19 to Zagreb from Amsterdam economy class and return October 24 Zagreb to Amsterdam. This was first time on Croatian. Planes are new comfortable enough for economy class and they run on time. Both flights were packed. Flight staff are remarkably friendly and attentive. They appear happy with their job and communicate that to the passengers. Served snacks and sandwiches and drinks efficiently for the 1.5 hour flight. Croatian Airline office in Zagreb was anxious to help and very friendly. The flights were loaded efficiently and the bags delivered promptly.

Review by (United States) 31st October 2014

Review by (United Kingdom) 17th September 2014

My Business Class flight from RJK to LHR was business in name and cost only. Despite the online reservation system clearly indicating that the central seat on the A319 is left vacant consistent with my experience of other Star Alliance partners an upgraded passenger was put in the seat next to me and the response from the airline was only that they do not guarantee the extra space. This is an extremely misleading reservation system and doesn't help when your partner has booked the aisle seat thinking they are next to you. The only communication from the cabin crew regarding the move was to ask me whether I would mind moving to let him have the window seat! The airport had no business facilities there was no sparkling wine the food was extremely poor I was not even able to get a second piece of butter for my bread and my baggage with its priority tag was one of the last to arrive at LHR after a 45 minute wait. Considering the large price gap I am left wondering what exactly that money paid for as I am certain that a slice of ham and bowl of cereal cannot cost over 100 GBP themselves?

Review by (United Kingdom) 17th September 2014

Review by (United States) 15th July 2014

I had an awful experience on this airline and Lufthansa codeshare flight from FRA to DBV. Firstly the flight was delayed 1 hour in FRA. However what happened next was a true nightmare. As we descended into Dubrovnik the captain informed us due to a problem at the airport we were to divert to Split. After landing at Split and spending 1 hour on the ground we took off for what we thought was Dubrovnik. However after attempting to land the captain turned the flight around and proceeded to Zagreb (only one announcement and no information as to why). We landed at Zagreb at which point the captain and crew left the plane and the passengers with no information. We were given no food and only one glass of water during this entire ordeal. A new crew came on board about 30 min later and several passengers demanded to leave the flight. We finally took off for DBV and landed 7 hours behind schedule. I fully understand that weather issues/operational issues arise but to not give information to passengers and create a sense of panic with the passengers is completely unacceptable.