top100_2016

Croatia Airlines

"generous with the free drinks"

Verified Review | Flew London Heathrow to Zagreb with Croatia Airlines. The flight was delayed due to late arrival of the plane at Heathrow. However, their boarding process was quite efficient. The ground staff were well organized. The plane seemed to be showing its age but still clean enough. It was a 2 hour flight so no meal, they had only snacks but the olives and cheese were pretty good. They were also generous with the free drinks. Zagreb is small airport so we had to use bus to reach the arrival gates. It was good value for the money.
RouteLHR to ZAG
Date FlownMay 2016

"comfortable seats"

(Croatia)

Croatia Airlines is a good middle-sized airline. I was flying from Heathrow to Zadar via Zagreb, slight delay because of heavy rain. The gate was directly across main departure hall, which is an excellent position. Flight was smooth, staff were friendly and polite. Catering was so so, but nothing worse or better than any other airlines. I had a transfer in Zagreb but the time between the two flights was more than 5 hours so I decided to take my baggage and to check-in for second flight. Check in lady was rude, but that's up to the airport, not the airline. Second flight was delayed, but we were notified on time so I had checked in later anyway. Flight was short (40 min), only drink service with cookies. Overall experience: Good airline with new aircraft with comfortable seats and excellent staff.
AircraftA320, Dash 8 Q400
RouteLHR to ZAD via ZAG
Date FlownJuly 2015

"catering less than poor"

(Greece)

Zagreb to Sarajevo with Croatia Airlines. A short flight, catering on board was less than poor with just water and crackers. If you want juices you have to purchase them. The ticket for 50 min flight was extremely expensive, 130€ one way
AircraftDash8 Q400
RouteZAJ to SJJ
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"very pleasant flight"

(New Zealand)

Rome to Split return with Croatia Airlines. Both flights in October 2015. Flight out of Rome was delayed for about 45-mins. As I don't speak Italian I had no idea why. On both flights the cabin crew worked hard to serve pretzels and juice. Really not needed for a 55-min flight! On the return we must have been ahead of time because we seemed to fly across Italy diagonally - beautiful views. Then we appeared to take a fairly low level tour up the west coast with houses and beaches right below us, before turning into Rome. A very pleasant flight.
AircraftBombadier / A319
RouteRome to Split
Date FlownOctober 2015

"not impressed"

(Belgium)

My flight was cancelled so I tried to book a replacement flight with Croatian airlines. When I asked if there were any flights to Brussels leaving the same day I was told there were, and when I asked if I could book a ticket I was told the flight had left. When I asked if there was another I was told there was but it was full. When I asked if there was any flight I could take the same day I was told there was one via Germany, but I would have to pay €750 (with taxes) for a business class ticket. I had to be at work the next day so I took it. The ticket was economy class. Not impressed.
RouteZagreb to Brussels
Date FlownJuly 2015

"check in was rude, unhelpful"

The Croatia Airlines staff during check in was rude, unhelpful, and refused, without explanation to print out the boarding passes for each part of the flight. Forcing us to run around trying to get boarding passes before boarding actually starts. Overall, experience with staff at the check in left me under impression that I'm unavoidable annoyance to the lady who was checking me in. Very unpleasant experience. Flight itself was average, typical boring flight.
RouteZagreb to Paris
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"not happy"

Not happy. Have just paid 75 € for excess baggage. I believe the costs are too high in comparison to BA and many other credible airline companies. Croatia Airlines failed to offer a possibility of paying excess baggage online and reduce the costs, did not offer a possibility of upgrading into a higher flying class to avoid the charges. Additionally, they do not offer online check in and they could only issue me two boarding passes while I have to get the last one in Vienna to London, even though they're aware that there is a very limited amount of time between the two fights. I'll do my best to avoid Croatia Airlines in future.
RouteSplit to London via Zagreb, Vienna
Date FlownSeptember 2015

(Greece)

30 min delay. Polite and attentive staff. It seems that generally flights of this airline that are scheduled for the afternoon, tend to be a bit delayed. Basic meal offered during this short flight, with an option to top it up with purchased food and drinks. Flight about 70% full. Generally smooth service and no particular problems.
RouteAthens to Dubrovnik
Date FlownAugust 2015

Croatia Airlines customer review

Still waiting to board a flight that was supposed to leave an hour ago. All we have been told by the attendants is "we are still waiting for more information, we can't tell you anything". We will now miss the last ferry to Hvar and have nowhere to stay when we get to Split.
RouteVienna to Split

(Austria)

Booked over with Austrian, this morning flight was operated by Croatia Airlines. After take off, the flight attendant was walking with bottle of water and few plastic cups offering water. That was the only service available. No coffee, and when requested by one passenger the reply was that it was only for Business class passengers. After handing out water the flight attendant was nowhere to be seen until start of descent. Considering that the ticket for this return flight was more than 400 €, this service was terrible. They are not a low cost airline. In comparison, return flight operated by Austrian served coffee, bag of cookies as well as a small bottle of water.
AircraftBombardier Dash8