Corsair

"end up on a charter plane"

Verified Review | I paid and book several months in advance a flight with the company Corsair and to my disappointment I end up on a charter plane of a Portuguese company flying from Montreal to Paris. Why pay for Corsair flight at a full price to end up on a foreign charter plane. Entertainment onboard only has old movies that I have seen in flight on other routes several years ago. No relation with the one that is posted on the Corsair site. Moreover the French leaves a lot to be desired on board. My mother tongue being French I myself had difficulty understanding. I call this stealing customers and this is the last time I would travel with Corsair. Pay the price for Corsair and finish with a charter company called Hi Fly, no thanks.
AircraftA340-300
RouteMontreal to Paris
Date FlownJuly 2017

"getting worse year after year"

(Réunion)

Verified Review | Reunion to Paris. Corsair's service is getting worse year after year. Whether it be communication or service. Much of the information provided on the website is inaccurate. The company boasts daily 7am-10pm hotline for frequent users, I called at 8.30 only to hear a message saying they were closed. I sent messages on social networks and never got a decent reply, let alone help. I need to buy more luggage for my trip, the webste announces a total 9 pieces allowed, and the opportunity to book up to 4 from the website, but you actually can book only 2. Onboard the meal was honestly the worst ever (they never are very good in aircrafts but that one was inedible). I even advised a friend who was flying with them a few days later to bring his own meal and am planning to do the same for my return flight. I've been flying to France about 2 or 3 times a year for 10 years and never had such a bad meal before. The tactile screen was old, scratched, and not very reactive, which led the person behind me to push the buttons quite fiercely - it moved my seat and prevented me from sleeping since the screen is attached to the seat in front of you. And while leaving the aircraft, a hostess physically pushed my friend instead of asking him to use the path where she required him to go.
RouteReunion to Paris
Date FlownJune 2017

"first and last time flying with them"

Montreal to Paris Orly. Corsair postponed my evening flight to the next morning. They refunded me 17$ Canadian, saying they only refund expenses incurred before the flight. I asked their customer service to direct me to their policy which I didn't see on their website nor on my boarding pass/booking confirmation, and they stopped responding to me. I live in Canada, and their call centre hours, 9 am to noon France time, make it impossible for me to call them. First and last time flying with them.
AircraftA330-300
RouteYUL to ORY
Date FlownAugust 2016

"flight was excellent"

Paris Orly to Saint-Denis, Reunion with Corsair. Very disappointing lounge at Orly Airport, poor food, only bread and cheese and nothing refilled. Plenty of champagne and wines etc. The worst was the very dirty carpets. This didn't look good for our first Corsair flight. The flight itself was excellent, with lovely food and drink and very attentive staff. Looking forward to return journey on 21st November.
RouteORY to RUN
Date FlownNovember 2015

"kind and helpful staff"

Very comfortable flight. The flight departed in the evening and a full meal (bread, cheese, 2 warm dish options, desert, water) with complimentary wine (of good quality) was provided. Arrived early morning in Paris, before arrival breakfast was served. Also, additional beverages were distributed twice during the flight, after the meals. Kind and helpful staff, reasonable legroom and the option to select a seat for a small fee. Inflight entertainment was OK, but very French oriented (just like the messages from captain and crew, delivered in accented and rapid English) The airport at Point A Pitre only uses French for the announcements. Luggage delivery at Orly took quite a long time, but unclear whether the airline is to blame. Overall, a very comfortable economy class experience. If you don't understand French though, you might struggle a bit to understand the announcements etc.
AircraftA330-300
RoutePoint a Pitre to Paris Orly
Date FlownJuly 2015

Corsair customer review

Flight SS927 Pointe Pitre to Paris Orly Dec 13 2013. Due to a technical problem the flight was cancelled. The problem is the total confusion in handling the problem dispatch of passengers information for a flight on the next day. The confusion was worse on the 14th and obviously the personnel in the airport is in dire need of training and requires competent management. The flight was supposed to depart at 18.50. At 21.30 while in the plane we were told the pilot finally had to go back to the airport with a few crew members in order to sort things out: 7 passengers were on board who were nor supposed to be while 7 others should have been aboard and were not! Not withstanding the problem of their suitcases to be sorted out!

Corsair customer review

Flew Montreal-Orly round-trip with a TGVAir connection on the outbound leg. Outbound was on the 747-400. Cabin had been remodelled. Seating is a bit tight but the seats are well-designed and were fine for a 6 hour flight. Crew on the outbound leg was superb - professional and friendly. Food was mediocre but edible. Passport control upon arrival in Orly was quick enough but I waited for over an hour for my bag to arrive leaving me little time to catch the shuttle to Massy. Return flight was on the A330-330. Seating was the same - sufficient. Food on the return was much better with a really nice wine. Crew was not quite as cheerful but they did their jobs well. The price for these flights was outstanding. I would recommend Corsair without hesitation.

(Mauritius)

Paris Orly to Montreal return. The business class fare (classe Grand Large) is less than 1/3 of that of a regular carrier. Ok the seats only recline to 130 degrees but the 2/2/2 configuration of their brand new A330 is definitely better than the 2/3/2 which Air France provide in their B777! Excellent food and drinks wide choice of entertainment courteous friendly and efficient service who could ask for more ?! The only slight disappointment was the badly designed footrest which does not make much of a difference. All in all a very pleasant experience.

Corsair customer review

Paris Orly to Forte De France dep 22/10/2013 flight SS0924. Return 29/10/2013 flight SS0925. Super airline. Check-in very easy online then printed boarding card then dropped baggage at airport. Total checkin time at airport 10 mins. Boarding was easy do it by children and elderly first then seat number. Big aeroplane. Comfortable chairs reclining with legroom. Inflight entertainment very good and the food was adequate. Staff offered exceptional service going out return journey they were adequate. Great value and more for the money.

Corsair customer review

Our flight from Montreal to Paris was a great experience and an example of superior customer service. When we checked in at Trudeau I inquired about TGVair. The person at the counter was quick to give us tickets for the shuttle between Orly and Massy TGV. She also put priority tags on our bags so that we would get them as quickly as possible when we landed. That was the case and we were in plenty of time for our train at Massy. All tolled it took us an hour and ten minutes from the time we touched down to sitting at the train station. Now that is efficient. There was a little waiting before boarding that seemed unnecessary and the food is not that good but edible. One thing that they do is serve children first which was fantastic for my 4 year old son. The ticket price is unbeatable and I would challenge anyone to find a lower price for Montreal-Paris in July. I will definitely be using this airline in the future.