Copa Airlines

Review by (Bangladesh) 28th June 2015

I had a connecting in Sao Paulo airport. The ground staff are very good - helpful and polite. Cabin staff are good. Not much entertainment option on these narrowbody aircraft. Overall good service, especially for timing.
AircraftB737-800 / Embraer 190
RouteSao Paulo to Guatemala via Panamá

Review by (United States) 20th June 2015

The crew was warm and welcoming, the plane clean, and though the flight was just 1 hour and 10 minutes, they served a delicious lunch. Though the flight from Panama City to San Jose was on the expensive side for so short a hop, I may fly Copa next time from US to Panama instead of American!
RoutePanama to San Jose, Costa Rica

Review by (Canada) 30th April 2015

Flew YUL-PTY-MGA on April 12 and MGA-PTY-YUL on April 25. The longhaul flight on the outbound was equipped with individual screen and personal entertainment system but the one on the inbound still had the overhead screens. I found that the aircraft's were new and clean the flight attendants were kind and attentive and all flights were right on time. I was able to book exit row seats on all my flights free of charge directly on their web site. And Tocumen airport is really convenient for connections as you do not have to go through customs or any other form of control when you are in transit (you simply go from one gate to the other in less than 10 minutes).

Review by (Canada) 30th April 2015

Review by (United States) 25th March 2015

3/17/15 CM 760 from Lima to Panama. My first plane was late but I was assured over and over again that I would make my connecting flight - I literally ran from one end of Panama airport to the other to catch my connecting flight. Of course when I got to the gate a very unfriendly and cold man stated that the flight was closed (I could see that the plane was still there). I had to spend the night in Panama when my husband had already driven 125 miles to pick me up at Los Angeles airport. Food was served that tasted and looked like cardboard. My first and last trip with Copa Airlines. Never again!

Review by (United States) 25th March 2015

Review by (Mexico) 17th March 2015

COPA staff smiling cheerful and attentive to customers' needs. I flew MEX-PTY in Economy and PTY-MEX in Business Class and I was delighted. Great staff on both legs. Decent free food and free drinks in economy. Very good food and decent drinks in business class. Worth mentioning is that COPA even in economy class allow you to choose your seat before your flight and that they allow you to travel in the emergency row without extra cost (most of the airlines now charge you a fee for the emergency row: I find this practice miserable). Very efficient web check in and bag drop off. Will fly them again.

Review by (Mexico) 17th March 2015

Review by (Brazil) 4th March 2015

Steep service and quality decline - Copa Airlines. Until two years ago it was a pleasure to fly Copa between Brazil and Panama - new aircraft good food attentive service and most important clean planes (especially restrooms). In my four recent trips in the past two months food quality and cleaning of all planes have fallen miserably. One week ago my seat was wet when I boarded the plane. I insisted that the seat had to be changed but I was offered a blanket to be placed on top of the wet spot. Copa is increasing its routes and maybe not giving proper attention to the basics: Restrooms are filthy - even in flights departing from their hub in PTY. Staff are friendly but they have no means to react to situations like a wet seat - what should they have done? Not to mention the quality of the food aboard. Last night on flight CM 701 (Feb 23 2015) our plane had to land in Campinas (VCP) instead of GRU at 8.45pm (time of our supposed arrival to GRU) because the plane was short on fuel (GRU airport had traffic above normal). Think twice before buying your ticket.

Review by (Brazil) 4th March 2015