Top 100 Airlines

Copa Airlines

"service was friendly"

(New Caledonia)

Verified Review | Santa Cruz to Panama City with Copa Airlines. It was my first time flying Copa Airlines and I have not been disappointed at all! Out of all the airlines I have been flying, it is the second one where I can get a whisky coca with my meal (others airlines usually don't have it or at a cost). The service was friendly and the pilot communicated very clearly and with many details about the flying conditions.
RouteVVI to PTY

"cabin attendants amazing"

Verified Review | I flew Copa Airlines from Toronto to Quito via Panama. The crew at the airport was exceptional, the cabin attendants were amazing and the service was excellent. The flights were right on time, food was reasonable, airplane was comfortable, in-seat PTV screen, many options to choose with lots of movies, games. I would recommend my family and friends, to use Copa Airlanes, I will be delighted to fly with your company again.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteYYZ to UIO via PTY
Date FlownApril 2016

"food quality is terrible"

(Argentina)

Verified Review | Flew Buenos Aires - Panama - Dominican Republic with Copa Airlines. This was the first time I have travelled with this airline and I can not recommend it. They used a small aircraft for a long flight (7+ hours) and the seat was clearly narrower than with other airlines. The food quality is terrible. I had to take rice with beef twice. They use just one cart to distribute the food, so they will take 30-40 minutes to reach the last row of seats. Nobody takes care of what happens in the aircraft: an old lady was locked inside the bathroom and I had to let know the staff to help her because they were talking in the back. Also the entertainment (movies, TV shows) was very poor.
RouteEZE to SDQ via PTY

"challenging at best"

Flew Orlando to Lima Peru via Bogata. Flying thru Bogata on Copa Airlines is challenging at best. You must depart the aircraft down a dangerous set of portable steps, in the rain, then are driven some distance in a very uncomfortable and crowded bus. Once at the terminal, you go upstairs and are put through a very rude group of security screeners, then walk the entire length of both an old and new terminal to again go downstairs to a filthy waiting area. Then it's back to the nasty bus again. Also, calling COPA Customer Service is a very frustrating waste of time. The first individual I spoke with, on the English line, I could not understand at all, I had to call back. The second individual, and their supervisor, simply did not care whatsoever about a concern I was addressing. Planes and flight crews were courteous and far above COPAs ground operations or customer service.
RouteMCO to LIM via BOG
Date FlownApril 2016

"high price and no service"

Copa Airlines has high prices but low service. Copa is always on time. Even if they are not on time they claim they are on time. So I waited to board the aircraft, but the gate was not open. No information, nothing. If I asked the crew, they said that the gate will open soon and yes, we are on time (maybe in this part of the world one hour late is still on time. Finally around one hour later they opened the gate, but everything seemed to me to be unprofessional. The flight was nothing special and nothing to mention. There is nothing to say if Copa would ask for a fair price. But in my entire life I never paid more for an one hour flight, so I expect a minimum of service. But high price and no service, that's a no go.
RouteSJO to PTY
Date FlownOctober 2015

"switch and bait treatment"

Our flight to Costa Rica was uneventful and was impressed with the new air planes. On our return flight we were given the old switch and bait treatment. They told us they were overbooked and would we take the direct flight Costa Rica to LAX but it would leave at a later time and arrive the same time as our original flight at 10:30pm. That sounded great but after our original flight left they now gave us seats on a different airline Avianca and now told we would go to Guatamala first then take a connecting flight to LAX. Our plane now is arriving later than our original flight and at a different terminal- we now have to make our way to the international terminal to get our luggage from Copa!
RouteLAX to SJO
Date FlownMarch 2016

"attendants were friendly"

Copa Airlines flight was uneventful, flight attendants were friendly and they gave us lunch and a snack in the 5 hr trip. The entertainment is one TV per a couple of rows and you cannot choose the show of course. The plane in this route is not very full, so you can probably change around your seating, Besides that, it's a little pricey
RouteMGA to MTY via PTY
Date FlownJune 2015

"total lack of regard"

Copa Airlines is not interested in developing and fostering good customer relations! They cancelled our return flight from Panama to Boston weeks, possibly months, before we left for our trip - but did not appraise us of this until we were to return home! We were stuck in Panama. There was no flight CM 311 leaving on September 20th, 2015 at 11:44 am back to Boston. All Sunday flights from Boston to Panama were taken off their schedule! Discontinued?! Who knows why Copa Airlines had decided LONG before our departure from BOS to Panama to totally stop this Sunday route. And - without letting us (or any of their customers?) know in advance!! Not by phone call or when we checked in. Online or in person. There was no way of knowing it was taken off the roster! We had purchased our tickets in March for full price and were fully able to check in online without a "message" or notification to let us know that we had no way of returning home on time! They rebooked us 1 day later than our original ticket, on Monday 9/21. After many unsuccessful phone calls, we documented this full scenario via email, which we sent to Copa Airlines customer service. On Oct 10th, we were finally contacted by email by their Customer Service who offered each of us a pittance $200 credit for future use on Copa Airlines. We lost much more than that missing work! She closed her email by writing "We take your comments very seriously ... and should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly". However, she left no direct contact information and did not reply when we hit "reply" to respond to her. Their phone number for Customer service is at the very least, VERY hidden. Total lack of regard for their customers.
RouteBOS to PTY
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"not customer focused"

Copa Airlines flight from Cartagena to Mexico City with a layover in Panama. Flight was 15 mins late arriving to Panama. They did not allow us to board the plane because they said our checked luggage wouldn't make it on the plane. Needles to mention that on our flight to Cartagena our bags were delayed over a day! They finally informed us that we will be on a flight this evening and will have to sleep over in Mexico City. We informed them, which they were already aware, that we are traveling with a small pet, which we of course had to pay Copa to travel with us. They just informed us that the hotel accommodations they have for us will not allow the dog in the room but will have to be left in the "service (laundry)" room overnight. We informed the rep that this was unacceptable and we needed them to help us find alternate accommodations. I looked on hotels.com and found 24 hotels in Mexico City that are pet friendly. The rep informed me that my only other option was to sleep at the airport. Our flight doesn't leave until tomorrow at 9am. It was very clear to me at that moment that the rep has no intention of making things right and is not customer focused and has no idea the inconvenience that the airline has caused us. When I asked to speak to her supervisor she said that she was the highest rank at the airport and that no one else could help me. I really find this very hard to believe. Now I have no option but to pay for my own hotel in Mexico City even though all this was caused by them.
RouteCTG to MEX via PTY
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"I am very disappointed"

This is my second time traveling with Copa Airlines. I had no complaints until we flew from Quito to Panama on route to Toronto. The take off was horrible, the plane dropped quite a bit on the take off. The pilots made no announcements as to what was wrong and the flight was unstable for 20 minutes. Everyone on the plane screamed when the plane dropped. Not one announcement to tell us anything. I am very disappointed at the airline.
RouteUIO to YYZ