Condor Airlines

"worse than other cheap airlines"

Trip Verified | Baltimore to Vienna via Frankfurt. I bought a ticket with this airline as a late option before travelling to Europe. I don't write many reviews and this is one of a few very negative ones but I hope it will help fellow travelers avoid my mistake. I have traveled on many airlines around the world over many years and Condor now officially rates as the worst airline I have ever traveled on. Just a few of the the many problems on this airline: (1) reserved an aisle exit row seat for 120 dollars - a necessity on long flights because of a medical condition. Was told at the airport that "someone had changed my reservation and the seat was no longer available" Instead I was given a 40 dollar seat that had less space than most domestic flights. No apologies, no refund offered. In fact, they wanted to change me an extra $40 for this new seat until I told them to go to hell, I had already paid. (2) claimed that the flight would be late taking off because they were cleaning it. Arrived so late that it was impossible for numerous passengers to make their connecting flight in Frankfurt. Re-booked my flight but didn't bother telling any of us on the flight, or texting or emailing us so we were left desperately trying to get to our connecting flights. Actually took over 45 minutes to go through security, passport control and the considerable distance between the arrival gate and the gates for the connecting flights. Again no apologies, no communication, (3) On the return flight, informed about the gate at the last moment - long after all the other airlines. The Condor flight left from a large barn like addition to the airport. By this time realized that the Condor gate would be asshole of the airport - clearly this is not an airline that garners much respect. The boarding gate was a massive chaotic mess, with no one knowing where they were supposed to go and no effort by employees to guide the huge jostling disorganized line - basically we were treated like cattle - or perhaps worse. (4) bring your own food - theirs is disgusting, your own entertainment - 2 movie channels, the toilets require basic maintenance. Yes this is a cheap airline but so much worse than all other cheap airlines and not very cheap if you upgrade to basic expectations. Summary: I would not travel on this airline unless you are absolutely desperate and have NO other options.
RouteBaltimore to Vienna via Frankfurt
Date FlownJuly 2018

"the most dreadful flight experience"

Trip Verified | Traveling to Europe at least twice a year, I can say this is the most dreadful flight experience we have had. The seats in premium economy were like sitting on a wooden bench, so enjoyable for a 10 hour flight. We were served dinner on our breakfast tray. The purser, head of the flight attendants, was incompetent to deal with issues. Though we did have 2-3 flight attendants that were competent. The woman in front of me put her seat back and three glasses of liquid spilled into my lap. Poor design. We dreaded our return flight. Never again.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteSeattle to Frankfurt
Date FlownApril 2018

"I have filed a complaint"

(Lithuania)

Trip Verified | I had a flight from Austin at 21.50. I came to the Austin - Bergstrom airport two hours early to check in my bag and at the counter, by the register boy at Condor Airlines, I was informed that I do not have a flight for July 5th. He swiped my passport twice and showed us the screen, in which was stated that I had a flight for July 9th. I was misinformed at the airport about my booking and was not permitted onto my returning flight which I purchased 3 months ago. I had the invoices and the itinerary, which proved that I had a flight that day, but because of the system glitch, he could not check me into that day's flight due to the fact that according to the system there was no flight for me that day. As a consequence, I got stuck in Austin with no returning flight. He showed me on the screen that I have a flight Monday, but now after contacting the airport, airline and booking agents, it's apparent that I don't have a flight at all. My itinerary for the complete trip showed the correct departure date, including the systems of our booking agent, and the airline system. The only system that did not allow me to check-in and fly was the Condor Airlines registration desk at Austin Bergstrom International Airport. Like I mentioned before, the passport was swiped a couple of times, proving that I was in the airport and not late, nor absent. Due to the companies mistake in Austin, Texas on July 5th, I was not boarded on my flight from Austin to Frankfurt and onto my connecting flight from Frankfurt to Riga which has caused me 700 USD loss. Due to Condor mistake, I was forced to book an additional return flight Austin-Frankfurt-Riga and I requested to be paid back immediately for all the expenses I had to endure during their system failure to provide the check-in desk with my correct flight information. When I contacted the phone number they gave, because no one at the Check-in would help me, I was placed on hold for about an hour, and the next day informed that nothing can be done, as I was supposed to be on that flight. No one has offered any help or advice. I have filed a complaint, and hope to get an answer.
RouteAustin to Riga via Frankfurt

"never fly Condor again"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | I purchased an upgrade to premium class, days before flying due to a back problem. My upgrade cost 320€ and I feared after reading reviews that it was absolutely necessary, only to find that at the gate in Frankfurt airport, they were offering the upgraded seats for 80€. They ask you to be at the gate one hour before the flight, I suppose to sell these upgrades??? But then the attendant annouced that there was also ONE seat left on business for "sale". I approached him with the reciept of my upgrade and asked if he could give me the business class seat, seeing that I had paid 4 times the price of his "offer". He was not kind and did not listen to me, but told me that it was the "luck of the offers that are available at the gate" and that he couldn't possibly put me in that business class seat. I was seated in 6H, premium class which has leg room but is in front of the cabin crews ample and curtained seats. My moniter to watch entertainment was placed so high up that it was not comfortably reachable nor comfortable to watch! The other seats had foldable footrests, my seat did not. The flight attendant came into her seat, reclined far back which left me with a big curtain hanging in front of me, which took away any of the extra room of my seat. Also the food was awful and I believe that airline food isn't so bad and usually edible, this was not. I will never fly Condor again. For the return flight from Pittsburgh to Frankfurt, I asked about the price of the upgrade 225$ and asked if they were going to sell them last minute for much less and they assured me that they wouldn't, and they didn't. I sat in my economy class seat and suffered the size and limited entertainment for my return. Mostly the crew were nice but not helpful and always on the sell.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteFrankfurt to Pittsburgh

"a horrible experience"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Portland. It was a horrible experience. We had to pay for our seat. I want to seat with my mother who is sick they want me to pay for seats. The airplane was not ready to fly cause the air conditioner was broken but they asked everyone to get it. It was so hot inside it took about 1 hour and half to fixed. Anyways it was 1 hour delay there was a lot of people that they had connected flight and they missed it. Customer service was so poor; the flight attendants were so rude. I was so scared to ask for anything cause there next to my asked for blanket and the flight attendants with attitude told him he should get a blanket by himself. For 11 hours flight no intertainment if you have money you can buy headphones and code to unlock movies. I always fly to different countries and I have tried a lot of airlines but this one is the first time I heard to pay for movies and headphones. It was so boring sitting and not being able to watch movie for 10 to 11 hours fly. I could not wait to get off. It feels like I was in jail. Food was horrible When I was checking flight I put especial request for food vegetarian but they brought her meats and she couldn’t eat, my mother is diabetic and she needs to eat, I asked the flight attendants and show her the ticket and she had no idea. She said there is only one option for good. I asked her to bring anything they have and after 30 mind she brought her one apple. They did not bring any snacks we had one dinner and breakfast and it was so small amount. They don’t have a lot of drinks available either. I would never fly with this airline.
RouteFrankfurt to Portland
Date FlownJune 2018

"customer service is horrible"

Not Verified | Never fly on Condor, customer service is horrible. We sat on the plane for 2 hours last night to find out we couldn't take off. After getting off the plane we were told to go home if we could but that they might be able to find some hotel rooms. The employees at the desk had no answers for us and provided us with a phone number to call. After sitting on hold for 20 minutes the person on the line says they can't answer any questions we need to talk to the people at the airport and the hung up on me. We ended up at a hotel and were told to check the website for an update at 8am. At 8:22 the website was still stating that info. Around 8:30 it was updated to say next information 9:30. What's even better is the sign at the ticket counter. I call Condor again and they state I need to talk to the staff at the airport, what staff? He promised me someone would be there in 20 minutes. I asked if I could speak with the person confirming the arrival of the employee in 20 minutes and was hung up on. Condor is stated they can not assist with rebooking hotels, car rentals or connectong flights.
RouteMinneapolis to Frankfurt
Date FlownJune 2018

"forced me to pay for the choice of seat"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | Flew Las Vegas to Frankfurt. Two times Condor forced me to pay for the choice of seat. The first time after buying a ticket, the second time on check in. Money has not been returned. Did not receive any apologize.
RouteLas Vegas to Frankfurt
Date FlownJune 2018

"never fly with Condor again"

Trip Verified | The flight from Frankfurt to Las Vegas was delayed more than 9 hours. I went to check-in early enough to ensure I don't miss my flight as I had to be in Vegas at a certain time. The check-in desk in Frankfurt told me I need to go to the Service Desk of Condor in Frankfurt airport as they can check for re-scheduling possibilities. I went to the service-desk of Condor and asked for re-scheduling opportunities and I had checked instantly that there were several possible flights that they can re-book me, the lady there told me they won't do it for me. Even if I told them the urgency of my trip was to be in Las Vegas at a certain point of time and this delay was making the flight pointless, the response I got was: "there is nothing we can do". In contrary there were quite other flight possibilities which I even showed to her. But again the answer was no. What really hurt me the most was that a couple in front of me were on the same flight and they were offered alternative flight to make their appointment. I would never fly with Condor again and I would highly recommend to anyone not to chose Condor as an airline. Their customer service is unfair and disappointing.
RouteFrankfurt to Las Vegas

"canceled without notification"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | Toronto to Frankfurt. My flight was canceled without notification and reason. I called Condor Customer service three times. Every time the wait time was 45min. I think they wait and pickup the phone after 45 min. Tried the online chat. Contradictory information provided by the two parties. The first one told me that the next available flight was in 5 days and booked my flight for June 1st. The online chat people told me that I am booked for the next day with Austrian Airlines but ware not able to give me any confirmation. I'm still not sure when I'm flying. Condor / Thomas Cook and their customer service are not yet ready for overseas flights
RouteToronto to Frankfurt
Date FlownMay 2018

"definitely fly with Condor again"

Not Verified | Toronto to Frankfurt. My husband and I had a very pleasant experience flying with Condor airlines from Toronto to Frankfurt. Having read all the bad reviews, we were concerned with the quality of the flight. However, most of the things I have to say are positive. The flights were on time, check-in very quick. The plane itself was pretty new and although there was not not a ton of legroom in the Ecomony seats, we felt pretty comfortable. The service was very good too, actually better than other companies we have flown with previously. The food was a bit hit or miss - the main meal was not good, but the lighter meal at the end of the flight was very good. So I would recommend taking a sandwich from home. Also in terms of entertainment, there were only 2 movies we could watch for free - the rest you could order for an additional fee. So again , just grab a book or a movie from home. They do have a huge audio selection though that is completely free and excellent. So overall, for the cheap price that we paid we were pleasantly surprised and will definitely fly with Condor again.
RouteToronto to Frankfurt