Condor Airlines

"Never again with Condor"

Verified Review | Cancun to Frankfurt. Check in prompt, efficient and courteous. Boarding chaotic with the last few rows called after business class and then no more announcements with rows etc. except final boarding call. Boarding was unorganised and tedious as a result. Purser and one flight attendant onboard very friendly, courteous and professional, the other 4 ladies seemed unfriendly, hurried, unmotivated and not really interested at all. When my 6 year old son suddenly needed to urgently use the restrooms during the meal service I was mortified at how rude one particular FA was to us both. During the night one had to go to the galley and interrupt the idle gossip to get a glass of water. Half an hour before breakfast I had a dry throat and went again to the galley for water (that most airlines continually offer). The young lady was clearly annoyed with my request and commented that she would be serving breakfast and drinks shortly anyway. Premium entertainment was poor and costed extra in a long haul. Food was poor. Never again with Condor. They aren't really much cheaper as the premium carriers when one factors in all the additional cost with seat reservation, drinks and snacks and entertainment/headphones.
RouteCancun to Frankfurt
Date FlownAugust 2017

"no support from Condor"

Verified Review | Seattle to Frankfurt. First flight was delayed 10 hours, there was no support from Condor. They do not have employees at the Seattle airport, there was no information, no rebooking, zero help. After finally arriving in Frankfurt at 10:30pm the Condor office was closed, no employee arrived at the gate to direct passengers. We stayed in a hotel at the airport and stood in line at the condor desk the next morning to rebook our connection flight to find out they had booked us on a 7am flight without telling us, we missed it. Finally arrived at destination 24 hours past the scheduled time - without luggage. We are at the Frankfurt airport now, Condor flight is delayed by two hours, we will miss our connecting flight again. Condor employees cannot help us until we land in the USA. We most likely will not be able to get home today.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteSeattle to Frankfurt
Date FlownJuly 2017

"do not open check in early enough "

Verified Review | Munich to Las Vegas. I arrived at the airport 2.30 hours in advance of departure time, to find out Condor had no check in desks open for economy class. A long queue started forming, with confused passengers not understanding what was going on. About 1.30 hours before departure one Condor employee showed up and started to check people in. It took another 20 minutes before two more employee showed up and finally allowed the queue to progress. When I arrived at the check in desk I was told that I would not need to pick up my luggage in Las Vegas and that it would be automatically sent to my final destination (San Francisco). This was very strange and I asked for confirmation, which the employee was happy to provide. No need to pick up luggage in Vegas. By the time I checked in it was only 1 hours before the flight, and I had to go through security and passport control. In the corridor in front of the gate two Condor employees started checking everyone's documents again. A confusion of passengers directed to different flights (there were a number of people going to Seattle on a later flight also instructed to join the same queue) did not help. Instead of opening a new queue, they just kept shouting 'Las Vegas please come forward'. Onboard the pilot informed us the flight was going to be delayed because 25 passengers who checked in did not reach the gate in time. Further delay was caused by the need to removed their luggage from the hold. Arrived in Vegas my luggage was waiting for me at luggage reclaim. I had to re-check it to final destination. The inflight entertainment in economy class is limited to 2 movies (pay more if you want to watch something else) and the food was disappointing. This would have not surprised me, given the budget nature of the airline. But blaming the passengers for missing a flight when they do not open check in desks early enough was too much even for a fan of cheap flying like myself.
RouteMunich to Las Vegas

"The pricing is good"

Verified Review | Baltimore to Frankfurt. I have flown this route on Condor/Thomas Cook 3 times now with another trip planned at the end of the month. This is one of the few direct flights from Baltimore to Europe. I have also recently flown this route on United from Dulles before. I live 15 minutes from BWI and an Hour and a half from Dulles. BWI's international terminal is very small only 8 gates, only one bar/restaurant once you get through security. On the return Customs delays can be very long if more than one flight comes in at a time. Of the 5 flights I have had on this exact route from Condor 2 have been on time, 3 have been late over an hour with tarmac delays which turn your 8 hours on the airplane into 10. The pricing is good especially if you are flexible and usually the premium economy is only 30 to 100 dollars more which is a great value for the extra legroom and premium food which I find to be excellent. Entertainment is pretty much zero as there are no tvs in the setbacks only old tube tvs showing ok movies. I actually watched a few of them out of boredom. No wifi on the flight. Cabin service has ranged from awesome to average depending on the crew. In summary if you are closer to BWI then Dulles and don't care about inflight entertainment then this works great for going to Europe. You will get there in one piece directly in 8 to 10 hours and not be hungry for about 2/3rds the price of United without having to deal with Dulles Airport. If they had wifi it would be a perfect experience for me as that would be all the entertainment I would need.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteBaltimore to Frankfurt
Date FlownJuly 2017

"because they were freezing"

(Austria)

Verified Review | Frankfurt to Seattle. Condor was the only airline occupying the terminal with only two gates and still they managed to screw up the boarding cards/check-in properly. None of the ground personal made any attempts to clear up the situation. After the boarding completed and we rolled to the runway the AC was running on maximum setting for 11 hours, which turned the aircraft into a flying cooling house. None of the flight attendents noticed that some of the passengers had put on jackets and asked for blankets because they were freezing.
RouteFrankfurt to Seattle
Date FlownJuly 2017

"Don't take Condor Business Class"

Verified Review | Las Vegas to Munich. Don't take Condor Business Class. If you are considering booking a long-haul flight with Condor in Business Class - don't do it. Condors service is not what you would expect from Business Class. My Condor flight was delayed from Las Vegas to Munich for more than an hour so I missed my connecting flight with Lufthansa to Nürnberg. I fly very regularly Business long-haul flights (Senator with Lufthansa) but don't remember the last one (long-haul) being late, I fly with Condor once and the flight is delayed. Ok, might be bad luck. The way Condor handled it was bad though: Since it was our first wedding anniversary, it was important to me to get as quickly as possible back and I indicated that to the AHS agent handling Condors Customer Service at Munich Airport after collecting my luggage and having to walk through half the airport. Next Flight would have been around 7pm, thus not an option. I expected Condor would pay for a taxi to Nürnberg (about 150km from Munich Airport). Condor turned my request down and instead offered me a first class train ticket, which isn't that much cheaper but it meant I had to take the metro (S-Bahn) to Munich Central Station (about 45min), wait there and then take the train to Nürnberg, take a taxi home from train station, thus about 2h more than by taxi and about 4h later than with the regular flight. I am used to much better service in Business Class with other airlines considering the price I pay, so my advise: Don't take Condor Business Class!
RouteLas Vegas to Munich

"No PTV screens"

Verified Review | Baltimore to Frankfurt. Plane was late for almost 2 hours and the plane looks ancient. No PTV screens in the seats. And that's the same thing in premium class so no difference which one you pick. On top of that they only showed one movie and it was a cartoon at 1 am. Seats are uncomfortable. Little Leg room. Food was ok but there was no choice. You can get free coke water tea and a beer but no other alcohol. Staff was so so. If you don't mind those things and pay cheaper price then go for it.
RouteBaltimore to Frankfurt
Date FlownJune 2017

"never fly with Condor again"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Vancouver to Frankfurt. Staff was friendly, but you had to pay for movies, unacceptable for such a long flight. Poor food and you have to pay for extra drinks and alcoholic drinks. Only 6 kilos of hand luggage is permitted. We had two bags to check in and had to pay 150 CAD dollars extra due to being over the allowance. I will never fly with Condor again.
RouteVancouver to Frankfurt
Date FlownJuly 2017

"only serves one food option"

Verified Review | San Diego to Frankfurt. The seat comfort is close to zero. Although I am 5"4 the space around you is very limited. No side neck supports and blanket & pillow only by request. Condor's customer service is inefficient in serving their food or beverages. Most of the crew on my both flights had an attitude, if you asked for any additional request. Condor only serves one food option, no matter if you are a vegetarian or not. You are more than welcome to order upfront another meal. Although the price of the flight costs the same when flying with BA, you have to pay to watch movies or alcoholic beverages - the movie selection does not list the newest movies either. Lastly you can only assign a seat, if you pay 30 EUR during the booking process.
RouteSan Diego to Frankfurt
Date FlownJuly 2017

"do not recommend Condor"

Verified Review | Missoula to Frankfurt via Seattle with Condor Airlines. They cancelled my connecting flight and assigned me a different flight which meant I had an overnight stop. They did not offer me any hotel voucher or any food voucher, nor did they offer to change the flight to a better time or to help me in any way. Instead, I was forced to cancel the flight and rebook, meaning that I paid an extra 200 dollars through no fault of my own. I do not recommend Condor Airlines.
RouteMissoula to Frankfurt via Seattle