Top 100 Airlines

Condor Airlines

"Service was terrible"

Verified Review | We were booked on Condor Flight DE2403 from Toronto to Frankfurt, as the middle flight on a three flight booking. When we arrived to check-in for our first flight in Montreal on WestJet, our bags were checked only to Frankfurt. We assumed this was because we had to clear customs before catching our next flight, however when we only received boarding passes to Frankfurt as well, we were concerned. However the Westjet agent said he simply had 'no ability' to check us through to our final destination of Zurich. When we arrived in Toronto, we waited at the Condor gate until 30 minutes after the flight was meant to depart. All of this time the monitors only said 'delayed' and there was no Condor agent present. Finally we gave up and exited the gate area to go out to the main check-in area of the Airport only to find out that the flight had been 'delayed' until the next day. We requested re-booking but were refused. We requested that we be booked back to Montreal but this request was also refused. We were put up in a hotel however the entire process was poorly executed. When we arrived back at the airport by bus the next day, the check-in line at Condor was 1.5 hours long. The flight itself was okay and when we arrived in Frankfurt a Condor agent gave us the gate # for our new connecting flight as we still had no boarding pass). Unfortunately however, we were not able to travel back through to the gate area from customs with no boarding pass! Thus we had to enter the Main Terminal and find Luftansa check-in, only to be told our e-tickets were nullified. We then found a Thomas Cook service desk (in another terminal) and waited for over an hour to then be re-booked on another Lufthansa flight for which we still had to check-in with Lufthansa 'with our luggage' even though we had been assured in Toronto that our luggage would be checked through to Zurich. Retrieving our luggage was a nightmare, but we finally made it back to Lufthansa check-in, now 3 hours later. By this time however, there was a huge line and we would have surely missed our flight were it not for a kind Lufthansa customer service person who took pity on us and checked us in at an empty counter. Total delay - 24 hours. Service was terrible (except for Lufthansa staff, who were excellent).
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteYYZ to FRA

"ground organization unbelievable"

Verified Review | Frankfurt to Toronto. The cabin crew for our Condor flight was fine but the ground organization was unbelievable. Two hours into our flight from Frankfurt to Toronto, the captain announced we were turning back because of a computer problem. We would be advised further when we landed. When we land 2.5 hours later, the ground crew is unprepared. In a highly disorganized fashion, one person gives us instructions to go somewhere else in the terminal. This takes a while because she gets into conversations with individuals. Most of us get lost going to the new location (this is a big airport, it was far away and the directions were unclear) but eventually we find it only to encounter one person who isn't expecting us. After she makes some calls she tells us to catch a shuttle to a nearby hotel. When we get to the hotel, they tell us we are in the wrong place and to take the shuttle back to the airport. When we get back to the airport, we have no idea what to do but we eventually find a Condor service desk and are escorted to the bus parking lot. We are there informed that we will be bussed to a hotel 180 kilometres which will take 2 hours. From landing to getting to the bus has taken 2 hours! Naturally, we now have to wait for everyone else to find their way to the buses which takes another hour. So the time from landing to the hotel has taken 5 hours! How hard would it have been for Condor to have someone escort us from the arrivals gate to the buses? After all, they knew we were coming and had several hours to prepare! A word of apology would have been nice too. Surely this was not the first time a flight has had to turn around.
RouteFRA to YYZ
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"departure time was modified"

(Belgium)

I booked my flights direct from Brussels to Burgas and return in January 2016. The departure time was modified several times till June 2016 + change from Burgas to Brussels via Varna, but we were informed for the most recent change for more than 3 hrs delay of depature time from Burgas just before check in on 8/09/2016. So we have to stay from 19:00 till 01:10 on the airport and the flight to Brussels via Varna all night without sleep. It was very uncofortable combining with some health issues.
RouteBOJ to BRU via VAR
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"the service was sublime"

Verified Review | Frankfurt to Las Vegas. Check-in at FRA was a breeze at dedicated Business Class counter. Onboard, the service was sublime - non-stop attention and friendliness for 12 hours. The lie-flat seats were arranged in a 2-2-2 configuration and, while comfortable, did require some acrobatics to access the aisle if one has a window seat and your neighbor is fully reclined. The real highlight of this trip was the meal service: wonderful taste, elegant presentation, and substantial portions. IFE was great with a large seat-back screen, though the selection of movies is not as vast as on other carriers. This is my second Frankfurt-Las Vegas Business Class trip on Condor's non-stop service, and it ranks "up there" with the majors. My only negative is that the shared Lufthansa lounge at Frankfurt gate C14 was a bit of a disappointment.
AircraftBoeing 767-300ER
RouteFRA to LAS
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"try not to fly them again"

Calgary to Frankfurt. Old looking outdated cabin. Lowest customer service ever. Seats cramped together to the extent that is almost impossible for 6.2 ft, 250 lbs person to fit in one of their economy seats. Expect to pay 8 euro for "premium" in-flight entertainment that by the way is not premium at all, some outdated older movies. Free in-flight entertainment consisted of one older (2012) kids movie and one older regular movie. Food is on a brink of being disgusting. I expected way more from a German leisure airline. I will try not to fly with them again.
RouteYYC to FRA
Date FlownAugust 2016

"seats were really uncomfortable"

(Jamaica)

Verified Review | We flew with Condor from Milan to Varadero, with a change in Frankfurt this August. 10hr trip from Frankfurt to Varadero. The airplane was from the 80's (to be generous). There were only little ceiling monitors for the whole plane. However the company offers possibility to pay 8€ extra to have a portable tv (very old and heavy) with few movies and series on it, unfortunately there were not enough tvs for all the people on the plane and being at the half of the airplane we could only buy one in 3, which happened to be the last one available. The seats were really uncomfortable, and it was impossible to sleep. It was impossible to lay back the seat without hurting the person sitting behind. On top of this, the seat on front of mine was broken. The food was the lowest quality I have tried on a plane and the portions very small even for me. On the return flight the company moved us to another flight (Frankfurt-Milan) claiming that we couldn't make it on time for our original flight. Of course we discovered it only in Frankfurt, and even though we were at FRA check in 1hr 10 mins before departure, they refused to muve us back on our flight. Therefore we had to wait 6hrs in Frankfurt after spending the night without sleeping due to their unconfortable seats.
RouteMXP to VRA via FRA

"terrible customer service"

(Italy)

Austin to Frankfurt via Venice with Condor. Entire flight cancelled with no notification. Then told that the passengers will be put up in a hotel, but the catch is that if you live in the Austin Area or less 50 miles (or 80 km) away you are turned away from getting a hotel. Now family must take time off from work to provide a ride to catch the rescheduled flight at 1355hrs the next day, which is during the middle of the work day. Not to mention there has not been a new issued itinerary, to coordinate getting picked up. Called and asked at the counter for a new itinerary and was told they did not know if there was one to issue - terrible customer service.
RouteAUS to FRA via VCE
Date FlownAugust 2016

"our experience was not good"

Verified Review | Baltimore to Frankfurt. Our first experience with Condor Airlines was not good. We boarded the plane in BWI and looked for our seats. There was no row 14 on this plane so we asked the flight attendant for assistance. She was already in a bad mood and told us that there was a change in planes and that we would need to just find a seat. My son and I were now seated apart for this flight. To make matters worse, another couple had the same experience and they moved them to business class. We asked to move there also and was told sorry, that despite open seats, there was not enough food to move us also. My real frustration is that I have contacted Condor 3 times via their online system and they will not respond to me. This is the height of snobbery from them. To intentionally ignore a customer's request is proof that they just do not care. Avoid this airline.
RouteBWI to FRA
Date FlownJuly 2016

"I was stranded in an airport"

Verified Review | Flew Condor Airlines from Austin, Texas to Frankfurt, Germany. Flight was delayed by 8 hours first time. Second time the plane had issues so I was stranded in an airport for 5 hours while customer service reps walked around and did nothing. Still have not heard on if they are going to reimburse for the time lost. The prices are inexpensive but there is a reason for this.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteAUS to FRA
Date FlownAugust 2016

"a nightmare to deal with"

Manchester to Almeria. I have no complaint about the flight. My complaint is that I thought I was booking with Thomas Cook on their site, however when I picked my flights, Condor which is the German arm of Thomas Cook came up, and I assumed it has TC logo on so it would be ok. Condor took six debits out of my account instead of 2. I made a complaint to Thomas Cook and they had it for 10 days and never bothered informing me of how it would be resolved. I phoned them up after 10 days and after being on the phone for an hour they informed me they don't know what the charges were for and to take it up with my bank to find out even though they all have the German logo on all the debits and all on the same day they came out, they dont know what the charges were for. I would never fly with Condor or Thomas Cook as I had 3 different flight numbers to get my boarding pass, they are a nightmare to deal with. they charge £12 for a seat which can add on £24 for each passenger.
RouteMAN to LEI