Best Economy Class Seats

Condor Airlines

"horrible customer service"

(Ukraine)

Verified Review | Frankfurt to Punta Cana via Puerta Plata. Condor Airlines is unprofessional and discourteous to its clients. A month before departure, we received an email telling us that our route had been altered with no offer of an alternative. We called the service center and they provided no compensation. Upon arrival in Frankfurt, we were informed that the flight had been delayed 3 hours with no explanation/ or anything to appease the customers. I called the hotline and the gentleman told me to submit a formal complaint that would take 4 weeks to process. There is no counter inside the terminal, no airline representative, a flight of people looking lost and confused. Bad business, horrible customer service.
RouteFRA to PUJ via POP
Date FlownJuly 2016

"was not impressed at all"

Horrible flight with Condor Airlines from Portland, OR to Frankfurt. The seats are extremely uncomfortable and my carry on ended up being taken out of my area by one of the stewardesses and placed in another compartment nowhere near where I was seated. Considering that I keep my medicine and have severe edema when flying, this was a problem because I couldn't not find my belongings when I needed my medicine. Portland to Frankfurt is a very long flight and yet you have to pay for the movies now? How cheap can you get? The food was awful and I ended up not eating. Before this flight, my computer had a virus and my information ended up being erased. I contacted the company immediately but they were not helpful. They wouldn't provide me any information. Luckily, my info was the system so when I showed up to the airport they already had all of my details. I was not impressed at all.
RoutePDX to FRA
Date FlownJune 2016

"unprofessional and unfriendly"

Verified Review | I have flown Condor several times in business class cabin from Europe to the USA and vice versa. The cabin crew are decent and food meets the highest standards. My experience with the ground staff has always been terrible. The staff in Frankfurt are disorganized. Their instructions are unclear and witnessed their very poor interactions with customers including myself. Needless to say that it was almost impossible to find your way to the gate as there were no instructions for connecting passengers Yesterday I was flying from Portland to Frankfurt (connecting from Las Vegas). A long line of passengers were waiting in a long line 2 hours before the flight. The ground personnel showed up 50 minutes before the departure time while boarding was supposed to start at that time. The process of delivering boarding passes was very slow. An announcement that the flight was delayed was made 10 minutes before the departure time. All this was done in a very unprofessional and unfriendly way.
RoutePDX to FRA
Date FlownJune 2016

"run away from this airline"

Verified Review | Los Angeles to Manchester. I entered my reservation information via a Condor webite and I was sent an email ticket that listed myself as two passengers. When I contacted the airline, they made me pay $230 to change the ticket to myself and my Mother, Condor sent me the wrong ticket information 5 more times. Run away from this airline. The customer pays when Condor makes mistakes. I complained to the ticket agent at Thomas Cook when I was checking in and he said they made his own daughter pay $130 when she changed her e-ticket from her maiden name to her married name. This is not the way customers should be treated. Deplorable, and you pay when they fail.
RouteLAX to MAN
Date FlownMay 2016

"I would fly Condor again"

Cancun to Geneva via Frankfurt with Condor Airlines. Amazing flight and premium economy class was amazing. The seats have a lot more recline than in the standard economy class, and we were given a tooth brush, all meals, lots of entertainment, and water regularly. I looked around at the economy class seats and they were definitely a little more cramped, but it seemed the same as most airlines. The only negative review I can leave is that the flight was delayed, but considering that it's a low cost airline I was expecting it and was in no rush to get home. I would fly Condor again without any hesitation.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteCUN to GVA via FRA
Date FlownMay 2016

"grateful for help Condor provided"

(Poland)

Verified Review | Frankfurt to Salvador da Bahia via Rio de Janeiro. I am satisfied with Condor! I had an experience to have a connecting flight with Condor from Germany to Brazil. I had a stupidity to miss that flight and to stuck in Germany for a little while. I felt frustrated about it as it was extremely important for me to get to Brazil. I went to the Customer Service in hope that they find a solution for me. And they did! They found a cheap convenient flight, a comfortable hotel to stay in for a night and even a taxi. Next day after that I was aboard the plane listening music from inflight entertainment that I enjoyed a lot. I’m really grateful for help Condor provided as I travelled alone and sometimes some awkward situations can happen with me.
RouteFRA to SSA via GIG

"I couldn’t move"

Verified Review | Barcelona to Seattle via Frankfurt. Got to BCN at 5:30 for an 8:00 flight. The taxi driver did not know which terminal, his company had never heard of Condor. No one in Terminal 2 had ever heard of Condor either. Tried Terminal 1 and followed some other English speakers as we finally found someone who pointed us to desk 500. Turns out we were on Lufthansa for the first leg. Luckily they had my flight, but had lost other peoples and one couple were forced to pay for a same day flight so she wasn’t left in Spain alone. First leg was good, short, reasonable. Second leg from Frankfurt to Seattle was a nightmare. The people at the terminal were rude, pointing brusquely in random directions and then ignoring us. I had to go to Terminal C which involved a shuttle in the terminal and going through security again, even though I was still inside the airport. Then it was a maze of hallways, confusing signs, security again and a long walk to the far end of yet another terminal, only to find out the flight was delayed almost 2 hours, which I found out from other passengers as the only agents left and didn’t return until just before the new flight time. The only food available on our side of security was the tax and duty free shop’s selection of alcohol and candy, or a choice of 8 or 10 sandwiches in a convenience shop. Choosing between going through their layers of security to get to a restaurant I had seen and a sketchy looking chicken wrap, I chose the chicken wrap. Then we waited. Strangely enough we had to take a crammed full bus to get to the plane out on the tarmac. The attendants were pleasant when we boarded. I was happy to see my Premium Economy seat had a pillow, a blanket and a footrest. Things were looking good. Then the plane got full. It was quite warm in our area, though I noted that the folks in the back half were all wrapped up in their blankets, the folks in our area were fanning themselves. There was supposed to be extra leg room and better food for the higher price. There may have been extra leg room but between the man in the seat ahead of me reclining as far as he could, the footrest, the pillow and blanket, and the man in the seat behind me being about 5 inches from my head I couldn’t move. Getting out to go to the restroom involved gymnastics. Then the food. I was delighted to be able to order a Diabetic meal. I would have been better off with the Economy meals. The attendant proudly delivered my Diabetic meal and I opened the cover to reveal potatoes, sliced fruit, 2 kinds of bread, a date bar, a heavily marinated salad and some water. Really? Which part of this is not carbs? Oh yes, the salad and the water. The snack, a few hours later, was a choice of apple slices, cheese and salami on white bread, or a plum cake. Really? Several hours later dinner was served. Again the attendant delivered my Diabetic meal. This time it was some spicy grains, covered with limp cheese, the sliced fruit, a stick of heavily marinated peppers and mushrooms, 3 kinds of bread, a date bar and water. Over 8 hours with nothing but carbs and water. I was not in good spirits when we finally got to Seattle Airport baggage claim, where we waited 25 minutes for our bags and many of us missed our connections.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteBCN to SEA via FRA
Date FlownMay 2016

"excellent value for money"

(South Africa)

Verified Review | Recife to Frankfurt with Condor. My trip started off with a 3 hour delay due to a technical in Frankfurt. As with any low cost, one should not expect a meal voucher during that time. That said, due to the delay the cabin crew and cockpit treated the flight like it was a full fare, everything included flight. Everyone got the full movie package (usually 8 euro's extra), a blancket, a better pillow (usually an extra cost) and some rather comfortable headphones. I was impressed from the get go. With the all the extra's I was not certain if I got the better meal too. It was a wonderful suprise as I initally wasn't sure what if might get a meal. This was my first time doing a medium to long haul flight on a low cost. Cabin crew walking through the aisle on regular intervals and handing out water to anyone who was awake. This to me made the flight. It's the small things that really add up. Our flight was on an older Boeing 767, I'm not usually a fan of this particular aircraft, but the seats were comfortable, had HD TV screens with a fair amount of movies to keep me occupied for the entire flight. Keep in mind I was given the full package due to the delay. Overall, I was highly impressed. Its excellent value for money.
RouteREC to FRA
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"need to get their act together"

Verified Review | Having booked a Business Class flight from Basel to Mauritius via Frankfurt, the BSL-FRA being Economy. Condor were unaware that the Most Significant Carrier rule applied to the booking. That means that the baggage allowance on the longest flight applies to all flights on the booking. Condor give 30kg in Business plus golf bag. BSL-FRA with Lufthansa only give 20kg in total. Condor were unaware of the MSC IATA rule and it required over one hour of telephone calls until I found someone at Condor who knew the rules, this was the second year running that we had this problem. Condor need to get their act together. As for the flight that was fine except the publicised "lay flat" seats don't lay flat. They are the old Lufthansa seats. Food was good and the service attentive especially on the return flight March 13th via Munich. The Boeing 767 is now an old aircraft and quite noisy, even at the front.
RouteBSL to MRU via FRA
Date FlownMarch 2016

"shame on you Condor"

Never again! Booked 9 months in advance. 2.5 weeks before departure of our flight from Frankfurt to Bangkok was given to Hifly, a cheap Airline from Portugal. We had lots of trouble cancelling our flight to Bangkok. Same with return flight: 2.5 weeks before they changed the flight from Condor to Hifly. Never again will I book a Condor flight. It's a good selling machine with a nice homepage but at the end you end up having problems only. Bad customer-service, endless hours in telefon-hotline-loops and as a customer you are worth nothing after you have booked the flight. Shame on you Condor.
RouteFTRA to BKK