Airline of the Year

Condor Airlines

"pretty uncomfortable"

Unverified | The plane was modern, new and exceptionally clean The ground crew both in Portland and Frankfurt were friendly and helpful. We were greeted with a complimentary pillow and blanket and a bottle of water in each seat. The food was decent for airline food and the flight attendants passed through the cabin often with offers of water and other drinks. The entertainment channels, we paid for the upgrade, were marginal with not much selection. The seats were really, really, cramped and uncomfortable. There was so little space in between the rows that it was actually hard to stand up and get out of the row. This made for a pretty uncomfortable over 10 hr flight. The price was right.
RoutePortland to Frankfurt
Date FlownMay 2017

"experience absolutely horrible"

Verified Review | Vancouver to Zagreb via Frankfurt. My first Condor experience has been absolutely horrible. Economy class is despicable on this airline with absolutely no leg room for the 10 hour flight from Vancouver to Frankfurt. The food they provide in economy was disgusting and mainly consisted of bread. In comparison to other airlines the Condor economy class is deplorable and definitely not worth your time or money.
RouteVancouver to Zagreb via Frankfurt
Date FlownMay 2017

"A total mess"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Flight from Munich - Varadero: First the flight was overbooked and the ground staff did not provide any information in English. Then they said a technical problem happened and delayed the flight around 3 hours. They did not provide any help! No voucher, no WiFi, no call. They ask to double check boarding passes several times. The new aircraft they brought in had a different seat configuration so, boarding was a mess. Tickets did not match and there were several people with the same seat. A total mess! Around 6 hours total delay. In all that time they just provided a snicker (chocolate) and a bottle of water.
RouteMunich to Varadero
Date FlownMarch 2017

"her reaction was inappropriate"

Calgary to Frankfurt with Condor Airlines. I boarded the plane with a baby and I mentioned to our flight attendant that I was an ex-flight attendant, (Sabena) as per protocol. When I told the flight attendant I needed help with the seat belt to attach my baby on my lap she responded to me that if I was a flight attendant I should know how to buckle the belt. I just needed help to reach the seat belt lock and her reaction was inappropriate due to the circumstances. I was very disappointed at her remark and thought to myself as a flight attendant I always had a positive attitude towards passengers. Today, I'm glad I'm not part of these companies as I live in a much better part of the world.
RouteYYC to FRA
Date FlownDecember 2016

"don't even try this airline"

(Czech Republic)

Cancun to Prague via Frankfurt. The worst experience with Condor. Dirty seats, red wine from previous flight everywhere, rude and unpleasant flight crew who did not appologize for that. Screen does not work so my wife can not watch any films, dirty plane including the awful toilets. We booked business class - first journey by Condor and next by Czech Airlines. CSA did not provided business class lounge access, when I tried to solve it in Frankfurt by telephone, the operator from Condor checked our booking and told us that we need to pick up a voucher from the Condor desk for the lounge. So we travelled through the whole airport to the Condor desk where we were told we do not have business class lounge access. Don't even try this airline - better pay more for Lufthansa, Finnair, Emirates or another normal business class operator who knows how to behave to business class passangers.
RouteCUN to PRG via FRA
Date FlownDecember 2016

"the crew and staff are lazy"

Verified Review | Flew Condor Airlines from Munich to Barbados. This is the worst experience I have had with any airline that I have flown with. Economy class consisted of charges that no other airline would ever charge. The crew and staff are lazy and delays should be expected as a norm. Even as a cheaper alternative to other airlines this was by far the worst investment for airfare that I have made. Please avoid.
RouteMUC to BGI
Date FlownNovember 2016

"this airline is not reliable"

Verified Review | Flew Condor Airlines from Frankfurt to Seattle. This airline is beyond appalling. From significant, unexplained delayed each way to poor customer service inflight this airline is not reliable. The ground crews in Seattle and Frankfurt created chaos. Extremely unprofessional and incompetent staff. I will never fly again. Pay a little extra and fly on a reliable airline.
RouteFRA to SEA
Date FlownOctober 2016

"economy is very uncomfortable"

Verified Review | Toronto to Prague via Frankfurt. Gates for connecting flights at Frankfurt are posted at the last possible minute. In our case D2 was posted until just before the flight then changed to D23 at the last minute not allowing enough time to reach the gate. We missed our flight and had to bus it to Prague causing an 11 hour delay. Tip: don't trust the flight boards, use a mobile app to track your gate. Get to the gate as soon as possible to get in line for the final passport check, don't stop to shop! If they offer deals at the gate for premium economy take it. Economy is very uncomfortable on long flights.
RouteYYZ to PRG via FRA

"never fly Condor again"

Verified Review | Cape Town to Frankfurt. Unfortunately a very poor experience. Checking in luggage over one hour at Frankfurt, with passengers almost rioting. No one behind desk, no manager to be seen. Staff sicknesses blamed - poor single girl checking in next day flights (why) there on phone seeking help in tears. Comfort during flight impossible if over 1.85 metres plane - seats crammed to maximise revenues. Food abysmal. Booked train ticket in association with flight - even that failed on return with collection numbers wrong. Thomas Cook need to urgently look at threat to brand. Will never fly Condor again and advise others to avoid.
RouteCPT to FRA
Date FlownOctober 2016

"crew gave excellent service"

Verified Review | First time with Condor through Thomas Cook. Manchester to Fuerteventura (4th October) and return (18th October). Plane was obviously fairly new. Plenty of leg room and good seats. Flights bang on time. Flight crew gave excellent service and pilots were very informative for a change. Food good. It had the best inflight graphics I have ever seen showing the route information. It had satellite views of the land and gave various views of the plane. Full plane shot, wing shot and a pilots view out of the windscreen. Would travel with them again.
RouteMAN to FUE