Cobalt

"aircraft was more than perfect"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Larnaca to Athens. This is registered as a Cypriot airline yet it seems that they are against the local language in that safety instructions are given only in english. On this airline it is impossible to select a free seat, only paid seats can be selected via web. The aircraft was more than perfect, clean but was not near jetways and bus was used for boarding. In flight magazine, price list, and safety instructions were overused. Nothing was offered during the flight, if you want a drink you pay for it.
RouteLarnaca to Athens
Date FlownJuly 2018

"after 2 months nothing had been changed"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Tel Aviv to Larnaca. I made a mistake with my wife first name when I did my order through ticket broker site. I called Cobalt representative to correct my mistake. The worker told me that it corrected and I need to call the agency that I did through them the reservation because they need to draw revised data from Cobalt. I called my ticket broker site and they told me that they didn't see any email from Cobalt. I called again to Cobalt representative that told me again that now the name is correct and I need to call again the agency. This circle has been done at least 6 times and still, after 2 months nothing had been changed.
RouteTel Aviv to Larnaca
Date FlownJune 2018

"Be very wary of this airline"

Trip Verified | Stansted to Larnaca. Be very wary of this airline. Even though it might be a cheap airline, you still have the same problems that all budget airlines suffer: travel to airport, purchase food, legroom etc. But this is not why I am writing this review. I am writing this because of their extremely bad quality of customer care. After purchasing the ticket online, Cobalt failed to inform us that they changed the return destination airport from Stansted to Gatwick. So after leaving my car at Stansted, I had to go and get it on the return journey, so to not incur more charges. The check in lady told me to speak to customer services at Cobalt so I did. After a few emails back and forth, they forwarded me an email they sent to us before the flight, which we did not receive. Not only that but they had our telephone number, which they did not send a text or call us. I cannot believe they can do such a thing and not inform their customers and be 100% sure that they have informed their customers of such a change. I advise you to not deal with this company as it will inherently bite you back!
RouteStansted to Larnaca
Date FlownAugust 2017

"great choices of food"

(Cyprus)

Trip Verified | Dublin to Larnaca. One of the best flights I have since now. Excellent staff and great choices of food. As a low-cost airline I don’t expect inflight entertainment, so am happy with Cobalt and I will continue to fly with them.
RouteDublin to Larnaca
Date FlownDecember 2017

"all services are unbundled"

Verified Review | Beirut to Stansted via Larnaca on Cobalt. Cobalt is a budget airline so all services are unbundled. No meals or refreshments were purchased. I will fly Cobalt Airlines whenever I can.
RouteBeirut to Stansted via Larnaca
Date FlownOctober 2017

"flight itself was really pleasant"

Verified Review | I'd like to say that I was really impressed by Cobalt flying from London Stansted to Larnaca. I was a bit apprehensive before this flight as I had never heard of Cobalt before booking my flight. I was also a bit worried as I only received one booking confirmation from the airline (instant booking notification). Guess I'm used to Ryanair and other budget airlines sending you reminders every other day. I was worried that I'd show up at the airport and they'd be loads of complications. I couldn't have been more wrong, though. Check-in was completely seamless, even on my return flight when I had forgotten to check-in online before. I just showed up at the airport and presented my passport and they checked me in with no extra fees and no questions asked. The flight itself was really pleasant, I had a whole row of seats to myself. On the return flight, we had clear blue skies and therefore had an amazing view pretty much the whole way and the captain even gave us updates over where we were flying, which I thought was really nice. Only downside is the inflight food menu but I guess this is to be expected on a low-cost airline. Just take snacks with you on board and you'll be fine.
RouteLondon Stansted to Larnaca
Date FlownApril 2017

"is no limit to carry ons"

(Greece)

Verified Review | Larnaca to Athens. New aircraft, helpful cabin staff, captain informative, arrived ahead of schedule. No seat reservation through internet check in, only at the counters. No meals, menu only in English, and so were safety instructions, meaningless to local passengers who do not speak English. What they call inflight magazine, a small booklet dated September/October 2016 nothing of the kind we know, but a small family type booklet with practically nothing about Cyprus and only in English. There is no limit to carry ons so passengers carry heavy huge two or three carry ons and nobody checks the size of weight of these carry ons.
RouteLarnaca to Athens
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"the worst experience"

(Cyprus)

Verified Review | Stansted to Larnaca. One of the worst experience I have had on a flight. In the final hour before our flight, the flight was cancelled without anybody explaining to us why. It took the company 5 hours to respond to us why and reschedule another flight. In the meantime, we had 12 hours in the airport. When the time came for the flight it was cancelled again without any reason. Again the company took 4 hours to respond to us. We were told at the airport if we can to book another flight with other companies and we were going to be refunded because they are not sure if they can organise another flight. This is what I had done. When I sent the company an email explaining my situation the responded after a month telling me to give my IBAN number and they were going to give me a refund. I have spent more than £700 with all this and what I have received was 400 Euros after 7 months. When asked why? they said that it was my choice to chose another company.
RouteStansted to Larnaca
Date FlownAugust 2016

"Greek language is a must"

(Greece)

Verified Review | Larnaca to Athens. My first flight on this new airline based in Cyprus. The A320 was perfect, looked clean and new, departed on time and arrived ahead of schedule. Flight was excellent, with a constant updating on the route both in Greek and English. All in all a great flight but flight attendants did not even speak Greek and some passengers had a problem in getting service from the hostess. The inflight magazine, torn apart and overused was only in English. Even safety instructions were only in English. This airline seems to ignore or avoid the Greek language. Being a low cost airline, goodies on sale were at a high price. Fully recommended as an airline, but they should realise that Greek language is a must expecially in case of emergency not to mention out of respect.
RouteLCA to ATH
Date FlownNovember 2016

"Cabin Crew are friendly and attentive"

First time flying with Cobalt but had a great experience flying from Stansted to Larnaca. Cabin Crew are friendly and attentive. They do offer hot meals and snacks on plane which you'd have to pay for but with such good rates on the flight deal it was excellent value. We also checked our bags in which was also reasonably priced. Would definitely use them again.
RouteSTN to LCA