Airline of the Year

Citilink

"flight attendants were very courteous and polite"

Verified Review | PKU-BDO, QG 982 using A320 registration PK-GQQ. Was planning to fly from Pekanbaru to Bandung with Air Asia but they stopped their service on that route and have to switch to Citilink - Garuda Indonesia Junior. Citilink is a low-cost subsidiary of Garuda and so during booking have to pay additional for seats and inflight meals but the price is still reasonable, so was able to secure seats in the first row. I was not hoping for much from a low cost carrier but the experience turned out to be quite good. Check-in was quick and with standard baggage allowance per person (20kg - 44#) at no additional cost. Airplane was brand new Airbus 320 with leather seats. Flight attendants were very courteous and polite, and they were also very helpful. We paid for our meals but turns out for drinks we also have to pay extra on board, and it is cash only. Restrooms were kept clean throughout the trip. Flight deck communication was adequate; we were given informations on flight time and altitude before we take off, and arrival time and Bandung weather before we land. Delightfully surprised that their hard and soft products were better than expected for a low cost carrier and if they are as aggressive in their expansion, they can give Air Asia a run for their money. Would use again if coming back to the area, and recommended for people who wants a no-frills flight with good service quality.
RoutePKU to BDO
Date FlownDecember 2016

"best airline on the route"

(Papua New Guinea)

Verified Review | Dili to Denpasar. Citilink has taken over Air Timor's Dili to Denpasar charter and, while not as good as Garuda, they are probably the best airline on the route (probably the most expensive too). They had a shiny A320 but they had packed 31 rows into it and there was no legroom for anyone over 175cm tall. No entertainment but that's ok on a 1.5 hour flight. Staff were quite good, food was ok. Citilink is ranked as a safe airline by our security advisors - possibly just piggybacking on Garuda's rating but I didn't notice any dodgy practices. Gardua's probably trying to position Citilink as the premiere Indonesian regional airline and they seem to be doing pretty well.
RouteDIL to DPS
Date FlownNovember 2016

"flight attendants were friendly"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | I flew from Jakarta to Semarang on Citilink. It was a flight near the end of the Ramadhan season, so, it's packed since most of the passengers are traveling to their hometowns to celebrate Lebaran with their families and relatives. The flight was the first flight of Citilink in HLP, which was scheduled to depart at 5:15. I was notified by Citilink to be at the airport 3 hours prior to the scheduled departure to avoid long lines at the airport, which is a bit upsetting since I have to be at the airport by 2:15, only to find the flight itself was delayed for about an hour due to "operational reason". Aside from that, the trip was pretty good. The ground staff were quick, but a little more smiling could be better. The flight attendants were friendly, informative, and helpful. The cabin was clean and comfortable. Overall, Citilink is pretty good, and I will fly with them in the future as long as they improve, especially in the ground handling and the punctuality of their schedules.
RouteHLP to SRG
Date FlownJuly 2016

"the seats were fine"

I took a brief flight from Jakarta to Balikpapan with Citilink and found it to be overall average. I had no genuine complaints about my experience with them as the cabin crew were courteous and the seats were fine. It is a budget airline so do remember that the weight limit for luggage isn't very high.
RouteCGK to BPN
Date FlownAugust 2015

"the best LCC in Indonesia"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Citilink from Kupang to Surabaya on an Airbus A320. Check-in was quick and smooth. The boarding process was fast and I was greeted by friendly cabin crew. The flight departed a bit late but arrive on time. The seat was quite comfortable for me. Overall, I always enjoyed fly with Citilink and will consider to fly with them again. I think Citilink is now the best LCC in Indonesia.
RouteKOE to SUB
Date FlownJune 2016

"seat is very comfortable"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | I flew Citilink from Balikpapan to Jakarta during fasting so it's OK not to have meal by flying LCC. But they kept selling food for people who didn't fast and they did it politely to respect us who was fasting. The flight was smooth, seat is very comfortable. They provide us with a very good magazine so I didn't get bored flying without IFE. I will never doubt to fly CItilink and will recommend it for sure.
RouteBPN to CGK
Date FlownJune 2016

"flight attendant nice and friendly"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | I flew Citilink 2 days ago from Jakarta (CGK) to Surabaya to attend the wedding party at 10am. I chose QG 801 (suppose to land at 9.15am). The only problem I have was my name was not appear on the quick check in computer terminal, but one of the ground staff quickly asked my ID, and checked me in. in the normal terminal going into the aircraft, I was greeted by a flight attendant who was nice and friendly.
RouteCGK to SUB
Date FlownMay 2016

"compensated the passengers"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | My flight was supposed to be at 20.05 from Denpansar to Jakarta. At around 18.30, I received a text message from Citilink saying that my flight is delayed to 21.50. At the airport, when I asked the staff about the delayed time, they seemed clueless. It was rather confusing, since the boarding pass and information board showed the flight time at 20.05. After not receiving any news from the staff or from the information board, at 21.50 they announced that the flight is being delayed again for another 3 hours. Citilink compensated the passengers with food and ISD23.
RouteDPS to CGK
Date FlownMay 2016

"enjoyed our experience with them"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | We flew Citilink yesterday from Jakarta Halim Airport to Semarang. Check-in was quick since we didn't bring any baggage. Aircraft turnaround was fast and we got onboard in no time. Take off a little late because traffic. We didn't buy any food and beverages onboard, but the price are reasonable. Landed on time. Overall we enjoyed our first experience with them. Consider to fly them again because the price is cheaper than Garuda.
RouteHLP to SRG
Date FlownApril 2016

"nice cabin staff"

(Indonesia)

Bali to Jakarta. I and my family have a satisfied reservation for this trip. This is my first flight travelling by Citilink. When check in upon departure we handled by a warm ground staff. The flight itself departed on time. I found a nice cabin ambiance with a nice welcome greeting from the nice cabin staff. As a low-fare airline, there is no inflight free meals, but we can choose variety of hot meals from buy on board.
RouteDPS to CGK