China Southern Airlines

China Southern Airlines customer review

Outbound: 18/06/2014 CZ326 and CZ3067. Return: 26/06/2014 CZ3068 and CZ301. Flew from Sydney to Kathmandu with a stopover in Guangzhou then back from Kathmandu to Sydney again with a stopover in Guangzhou. Flight to Kathmandu was great. But the return flight was delayed then cancelled so I had to spend another night in Kathmandu and I had to share a hotel room with a stranger. Our next flight was then delayed as well. Then due to the cancellation I missed my connecting flight and so had to spend a night in Guangzhou. We arrived at the motel at midnight and had to leave at 5am the next morning. Then when I finally got my connecting flight they didn't have a vegetarian meal for me there either. At least I got two pieces of fruit and a golf ball sized bread roll.

China Southern Airlines customer review

Flew DLC-PEK and then PEK-AMS both in business. This was a mistake. The aircraft are dirty. Both not picked up or even vacuumed. Everything trays seat backs needs to be washed. The food particularly on the long haul was a bowl of rice dumped upside down onto a plate a few steamed vegetables and fried little bits of something I was told was fish. The IFE was minimalist. Amazing that "New Releases" and "Hollywood/Europe" were the same 8 movies. The seats are OK. Lie flat but I felt like I was on a park bench. with little padding.

(New Zealand)

Auckland-Guangzhou-Heathrow-Dublin and returned Paris-Guangzhou-Auckland. This was our second return flight with China Southern as we had enjoyed our previous experience two years before and the price was again very competitive. This time we were in a 787 Dreamliner for three legs. This is a wonderful plane with better pressure and more fresh air. There were many large screens in the cabin showing where we were flying over (Russia and China on the second leg) where previously this was not shown. We had individual screens for our entertainment. Instead of just two adult films in English there were numerous recent box office films and TV shows. Gone were the strange Chinese isometric exercises before landing. The hostesses were professional and polite but still with little understanding of English or non Asian cuisine. Half the menu is European food. For our 18 hour wait on our return at Guangzhou airport we were again put in the Pullman just across the road from the airport at their expense. Altogether my husband and I had an excellent return trip.

China Southern Airlines customer review

My wife and I flew with China Southern Airlines from Sydney to Guangzhou on 8 June 2014 then transit to Kunming. The luggage was checked in direct to Kunming without hassle in Sydney and arrived in Kunming safely. The flight was good the cabin crew were pleasant and helpful. From Kunming we flew to Changsha on 16 June and finally from Chongqing via Guangzhou on 26 June back to Sydney. The same pleasant experience throughout and check in was also quick and efficient despite of multiple luggage collected throughout the trip. We would definitely fly again with this airline in the future.

(China)

CZ332 from Frankfurt to Guangzhou on June 24th. In general the service is above average. The staff are polite and professional. The seat is comfortable for long-distance flight. I am satisfied with the service.
Cabin FlownFirst Class

China Southern Airlines customer review

On the +ve side: We obtained without difficulty transit visas temporary accommodation and ground transport in Guangzhou for our forced 17 hour stop over. Found all ground crew and flight crew to be courteous efficient and equal to any other well regarded international carriers that we have used. All flights were on time and the service equal to or better than most other airlines. Leg space (in Economy) was noticeably larger than any we have experienced domestically or internationally over the last 10 years. The cleanliness of the toilets and public areas of Guangzhou airport we found to be no different to Melbourne Fiumicino Rome or Paris CDG. On the -ve side: The numerous changes to our itinerary was in our view so unacceptably disruptive we consequently will never fly China Southern again. We made our original reservation August 2013 8 months before initial departure. Subjected to at least 3 minor changes to our itinerary and then cancellations of both our forward and return journeys. 3 months after our initial reservation our return journey was cancelled. 5 months after our initial reservation our forward journey was cancelled. The minor changes were not particularly significant and were related I believe to small adjustments for daylight saving between different time zones. However given that we had paid our full fare at the time of booking 8 months before departure the complete cancellations were intolerable. For our forward journey: Melb-Guangzhou-Paris in mid April our flight was changed from an am to a late pm departure. This meant a need (and cost to us) to cancel and rebook our flight from Tasmania and cancel our Melbourne accommodation. This forced change also included a 17 hours stop over in Guangzhou. Unfortunately despite being given by the airlines accommodation where we could lie down it just wasn't useful for catching up on sleep. Arrived in Paris one full day later than we originally planned. The cancellation of our return journey meant the change of departure to one day later than originally scheduled meant we were forced to stay one day more than originally planned.

China Southern Airlines customer review

I took the flight CZ329 from Guangzhou to Vancouver about 2 months ago. A really pleasant experience in general. Departure on time and arrived actually a little bit earlier than scheduled. The staff are nice and helpful and most importantly they speak both Chinese and English fluently. You can always expect your requirements satisfied reasonable requirements of course. Provides several meals not bad compared with other airlines. A little bit cold however in the cabin remember to bring one more piece of clothes with you. Overall satisfied with the experience will choose again in the future.

China Southern Airlines customer review

Return trip to Singapore-Los Angeles via Guangzhou. I primarily chose this airline for the amazingly low prices they offered. I flew economy. I was wary but to my surprise I did have a pleasant flight. Its was very neat A380 Airbus and very clean toilets. The seats were comfortable and at my request they did manage to find the aisle seat. Good range of movies as part of inflight entertainment. Staff and crew were kind. No issues during onward journey. But only the return trip was in such a time that we were boarding past midnight and the staff just skimmed through the rows without really asking every passenger what drink they cared to have. If your a vegetarian or vegan the food could be a let down but I did manage to carry on my meals so no issues there. I will definitely choose to fly this airline again.

China Southern Airlines customer review

Travelled from Brisbane to Amsterdam with my wife and 2 children after reading all the negative comments was a bit concerned about using China Southern but I can honestly say we had no problems check in was fast the seating on the A330 was great lots of leg room good choice of entertainment. The meals were what you would expect of any airline food I have in the last month travelled to London on a major European airline and except for the crew speaking English and the meals being western I could not see any major difference over all a very pleasant experience. If there was one complaint it would be the airport in Guangzhou very expensive to eat there.

(New Zealand)

My Wife and I flew Auckland to Heathrow Via Guangzhou on 8th and 9th June on 787 Dreamliners and we were really pleased with the experience comfort and food. We found the seats good but we were in them for 2 lots of 12 hours. We found the staff all attentive and did their best to understand our requests. We came off the plane feeling better than expected and not so dehydrated as previous longhaul flights. We fly back on July 14th on CZ 304/305 and look forward to a good experience again.

China Southern Airlines Photos

China Southern Airlines is a state-owned airline and a member of SkyTeam alliance. Its main hub airport is Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, the airline operates more than 600 passenger aircraft, including Boeing 787, Boeing 777 and Boeing 737 and Airbus A380, A330, A321, A320 and A319. China Southern Airlines fleet is ranked the largest in Asia and the fifth largest in the world.

FIRST CLASS

A380 is equipped with eight private flat-bed suites. IFE is via a 23-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 and A330 have 4 cocoon seats, and IFE is via a 17 or 19-inch LCD TV.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

A380 seats recline to a full flat bed. IFE is via a 15-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 / A330 seats recline to full flat bed with 2x2x2 cabin layout. IFE via 15-inch LCD TV.

LONG HAUL
flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
AVODAudio / video on demand
DiningOn demand dining (*not all flights)
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

China Southern Airlines cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 17.2 - 17.5 ins
No WiFiOnboard WiFi
power_iconUSB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets

LOUNGES

At Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, premium customers have use of the China Southern Airlines First and Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
SleepingBedrooms
2_6_spacer

» China Southern Lounge reviews

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for China Southern Airlines fleet. We have provided you a direct link to China Southern Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

IFE

China Southern Airlines provides 600+ hours of entertainment programs on newest aircraft where audio/video program systems are installed.
» View latest IFE Guide

ONBOARD DINING

First Class entrée dish

Business Class beef noodle soup

FIRST CLASS : REVIEW

A modern Boeing 787 with comfortable flat bed, nice comfort attributes and amenities, reasonable IFE, attentive and friendly staff../

» Read the Flight Review