China Southern Airlines

China Southern Airlines customer review

Heathrow to Perth 9 Dec returned 29 December via China. Heathrow to China leg was on the Dreamliner. The most uncomfortable trip we have had. Very hard and cramped seats. Trims falling off. Seemed like a mountaineering exercise to get out of the window seat and into the aisle. I still had aching legs two days later. However the flight from China to Perth was completely different and was a pleasure on a different aircraft. On all flights the food was good staff pleasant only the plane itself let them down. The airport was fine but food/drink very expensive and very difficult to get served. Take some instant coffee as hot water and cups are available and we were unable to get hold of a cup of coffee - gave up waiting for nearly an hour to be served. Will choose another airline next time purely because of our Dreamliner experience. This is a shame as we had a hotel in China due to a long layover which was well organised a good hotel with very reasonable restaurant.

China Southern Airlines customer review

Out of LHR to CAN on 24 Dec and returned on 1 Jan 2014 on the 787 dreamliner. Quite a surprise we booked B/C seats not knowing what to expect and were surprised. Flight very comfortable no problems at each end of the trip. Will use again if we need to travel to China.

(New Zealand)

Travelled from London to China then China to Auckland on 26/12/13 both flights were on the Dreamliner. We were traveling with our children 1 and 3 yrs old we booked these flights 4 months ago and seats. When we boarded the plane we were given seats in the middle of the plane - rows 34 we were meant to be in row 31 as that's where families with babies go as you can put Bassinet onto wall there. Instead there were two men sitting in those seats I asked stewardess why we weren't in those seats and she said she would look into it. My partner had to hold our 1 yr old all the way to NZ!

China Southern Airlines customer review

18/12/2013 CZ346 from AMS to BJS return. I am a CZ gold member (elite plus) and have always taken their flight in past few years. Staff are very friendly but food has been downgraded. Their price is the best of all airlines so I have no complaints. A330-200 with fully flat beds gave me very good rest both ways. I never use entertainment system so no comment on that.

China Southern Airlines customer review

Cheap but will never fly with them again. New planes however none of the staff speak English they only serve warm beer or cold red wine. They don't serve diet coke coke zero or mineral water. They left us on the tarmac for 2.5 hours without any explanation of the delay or what was happening. Going via China from Australia to LA added an extra 8 hours to the trip and the cost of a coffee at the Chinese international airport was 23AUD.

China Southern Airlines customer review

I've taken China Southern several times in the past. June 2013 I traveled from U.S. to Dalian. I took CS Air as the domestic flights within China between Beijing and Dalian. The ticket was very reasonably priced. The inflight service was professional. Aircraft was an Airbus-320 a bigger model than I expected for a 45-minute flight. The overall trip was pleasant. I highly recommend CS Air for travel within China.

(New Zealand)

Travelled AKL-CAN-LHR-CAN-AKL Business class. For what we paid absolutely no complaints. All CZ staff attentive and willing to please. Every flight was early. Can thoroughly recommend them. Sure their English isn't the best but they certainly try to accommodate you and nothing is too much trouble. Lounges all good. Transit in Guangzhou a breeze. Will fly with them again in the future.

(New Zealand)

I flew with China Southern from Auckland to Guangzhou then onto Amsterdam. I got what I paid for at NZ$5040 return so was extremely happy. If I'd flown with Air New Zealand I would have paid over $10000. I don't need someone to wait on me hand and foot all I want is a comfortable seat. My flight on both legs was late at night so I didn't eat onboard. Both ground staff and flight crew were helpful. I would definitely use them again. All flights were on time and arrived early.

China Southern Airlines customer review

Flew from Vancouver to Singapore with stopover in Guangzhou and return. I will never fly this airline again. Maybe it was a language barrier but I certainly felt my family and I as well as non-Chinese passengers did not received the same pleasant service as Chinese passengers. Food and drink service seemed very random and disorganized. They often skipped passengers when offering beverages and the flight attendants seemed to be bumping into one another while serving. Food wasn't the best but I can't complain as it's Economy airline food. Plane was old and outdated. TV screen was grainy and the complimentary headsets did not work. I wasn't aware that "Airplane Mode" on a cell phone was prohibited I complied however they should have enforced all other passengers with this rule as I had counted 5 other passengers breaking this rule in plain sight of the flight attendants. We only had an hour stopover in Guangzhou to reach our connecting flight however missed it as the flight was delayed and as we disembarked from the plane onto the tarmac and had to wait 10 minutes for a shuttle to take us to a different terminal. There wasn't any priority for those that were connecting The three things that were positive was that we arrived at out destination they did not lose our luggage and I was pleased with the airline with the Hotel arrangement during our missed flight in Guangzhou.

(China)

I'm a gold member for the China Southern Airline Sky Pearl Club and I always thought that it was one of the most highly rate airlines in China especially in the last couple of years. Unfortunately my recent experience on flight (CZ3460) from Yunnan to Shenzhen on November 30 2013 has completely changed my perception. There was a 6-hour flight delay due to undesirable weather conditions in Kunming Yunnan. The flight was able to take off later that afternoon but were astounded by the incident that happened after the flight landed at 7.05pm at the new Shenzhen Airport. As passengers were disembarking the plane to board an airport bus transfer back to the main terminal we were asked to board a bus that had no driver. Flight crews boarded their own coach and left all other passengers standing beside the plane for 20 minutes we were left waiting. We do understand that the new Shenzhen Airport only days after its official opening were not functioning in perfect order. Thus explained the missing driver? Furthermore its irresponsible for the China Southern crews to just leave all passengers unattended on the ground.

China Southern Airlines Photos

China Southern Airlines is a state-owned airline and a member of SkyTeam alliance. Its main hub airport is Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, the airline operates more than 600 passenger aircraft, including Boeing 787, Boeing 777 and Boeing 737 and Airbus A380, A330, A321, A320 and A319. China Southern Airlines fleet is ranked the largest in Asia and the fifth largest in the world.

FIRST CLASS

A380 is equipped with eight private flat-bed suites. IFE is via a 23-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 and A330 have 4 cocoon seats, and IFE is via a 17 or 19-inch LCD TV.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

A380 seats recline to a full flat bed. IFE is via a 15-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 / A330 seats recline to full flat bed with 2x2x2 cabin layout. IFE via 15-inch LCD TV.

LONG HAUL
flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
AVODAudio / video on demand
DiningOn demand dining (*not all flights)
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

China Southern Airlines cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 17.2 - 17.5 ins
No WiFiOnboard WiFi
power_iconUSB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets

LOUNGES

At Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, premium customers have use of the China Southern Airlines First and Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
SleepingBedrooms
2_6_spacer

» China Southern Lounge reviews

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for China Southern Airlines fleet. We have provided you a direct link to China Southern Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

IFE

China Southern Airlines provides 600+ hours of entertainment programs on newest aircraft where audio/video program systems are installed.
» View latest IFE Guide

ONBOARD DINING

First Class entrée dish

Business Class beef noodle soup

FIRST CLASS : REVIEW

A modern Boeing 787 with comfortable flat bed, nice comfort attributes and amenities, reasonable IFE, attentive and friendly staff../

» Read the Flight Review