China Southern Airlines

China Southern Airlines customer review

I regularly travel with CS to South China usually with domestic connecting flights too. The value for money is good and domestic flights hardly get cancelled however the delay which is very good if you really need to be there for important meetings. I flew CZ328 from Los Angeles to Guangzhou on 17th May. Flight on time and A380 seats were comfortable. Toilets were kept clean throughout the flight. Food choices again limited. Inflight entertainment system broke down a couple of times and had to be rebooted. Business class cabin crew were polite and well spoken with eyes for details. All in all a good flight and recommended.

China Southern Airlines customer review

CZ304 18th May London to Guangzhou. CZ305 21st May Guangzhou to Auckland. CZ306 27th May Auckland to Guangzhou. CZ303 30th May Guangzhou to London. On the whole we were impressed and would fly China Southern again. Obviously they are very competitive on price and we felt that over the four flights they represented good value for money. The seats were reasonably comfortable - not perfect but economy seats never are with any airline - and the legroom was pretty good. We asked for vegetarian meals and the quality of the meals was high. The in-flight entertainment was limited and needs to be widened but the headphones were at least given out free unlike some airlines. The service from the staff was always prompt and professional both on the plane and while checking in.

China Southern Airlines customer review

Flew CZ3538 from Shanghai to Guangzhou on 1st March 2015. Overall a very pleasant flight. The lie flat beds on the A330 was comfortable enough for some power nap on such 2.5hrs flight. Cabin crew were attentive and polite. Price paid was good value for money for first class. Ground check-in and priority baggage handling were also swift so all in all would recommend flying again on this route with CS.
Cabin FlownFirst Class

China Southern Airlines customer review

London Heathrow CZ 304 15th May 2015. Return CZ 303 from Guangzhou 26th May 2015 Business Class. I have to say that the air hostesses were helpful and couldn't do enough. The food was good and to be honest they have turned this side of their business around. It used to be pretty rubbish but I have to say I was impressed. The business class seats in the Dreamliner are comfortable and there is a lot of space. Not quite as good as the Middle East airlines but the are improving and of course at an excellent price. I have a problem with the Sky team points which no other airline accepts but the flight is direct takes about 10 hours and that is much better than going via the middle east or paying lots of money to go via Hong Kong by British Carriers.

China Southern Airlines customer review

Last week I flew economy class on CZ 304/303 Boeing 787 from London to Guangzhou and back. The onboard staff were very helpful. It was very hot in Guangzhou so my jumper was left inside my luggage. I was in a rush to pack up and catch the flight back to London and forgot to take my jumper out. It turned out that onboard it was quite cold. I covered myself with the provided blanket but still felt cold. The flight attendant noticed and asked whether I needed extra blankets and some hot water or wine to warm up. After having two more blankets and drinking two big cups of hot water I felt much better. All in all I highly recommend China Southern for a direct flight to Guangzhou! The food and drinks were surprisingly good (in economy). The planes and toilet were very clean. The cabin attendants were friendly and helpful. The services and the value (ticket price) for the direct flight was very good.

(China)

Just last week I flew from London into Guangzhou with China Southern as opposed to my favorite carrier Qatar. We booked CS this time as it was a direct flight which knocked some four hours off our usual journey time. Having flown with Chinese airlines before and having said I would not use them for long-haul flights again I was a little hesitant. However I was reasonably surprised. I am not saying they were as good as Qatar they certainly were not but they were not too bad either. The biggest problem was the seating very narrow and not that well padded at the back so you could feel the rigid parts of the seat on your back. I am not a large guy about 172cm tall and weighing about 80kg but I imagine for anyone much larger it would be pretty uncomfortable. The entertainment was somewhat limited there were only two programs in the TV section which is pretty abysmal by anyone's standards. The movie section offered a much better choice although I had already watched most of them but CS cannot be blamed for that. Food was ok not up to the best of the carriers but certainly an improvement over the last time I took along haul CS flight about eight years ago. We had wine with the meal that was not at all bad it was French not Chinese and they did drinks runs a few times throughout the flight. Cabin crew were good very pleasant and helpful. All in all not the best but to be fair they have improved over the last few years and for a direct flight the cost was pretty good. In the past they were never that competitive on price but they seem to be overcoming that know. If they could just sort out the poor seating and tweak the entertainment and food they would be very good.

China Southern Airlines customer review

I regularly travel China Southern business class from Heathrow to Guangzhou and also internal flights in China. I am one of their Pearl Club Members (Sky Team). Their web site is rubbish and you cannot use all the points. I am an Elite Member but you cannot use the points for any flights and you cannot do it online. You have to ring China and that takes forever because no one answers the phone even then they will not book the flight for you. Worst airline service.

China Southern Airlines customer review

19/4/15 Flight 304. 1/5/15 Flight 303. 30/4/15 Flight 3050. Travelled from London to Vietnam via Guangzhou and back. Very impressed with the quality of service. The staff both at check in and onboard were very helpful and went out of their way to assist us. As my husband is very tall they gave us seats with extra leg room and even changed our seats during a stop over to ensure that the long journey was comfortable for my husband. Also the staff onboard were very accommodating when it was discovered that our tour company had not ordered me a vegetarian meal as requested. The air hostess very kindly let me have vegetarian crew meals and were most accommodating giving me a choice of meal each time. This went over and above the call of duty. We stayed in a China Southern hotel during our 18 hour stopover and were very impressed with the quality of the hotel. However we found it quite confusing to find where we got transport to the hotel and staff at this desk were not the most helpful. Their level of English was not great. Apart from that I found China Southern Airways to be highly efficient and would definitely travel with them again.

China Southern Airlines customer review

I flew business class on CZ 327 from Guangzhou to Los Angeles this week and the value (ticket price) for the flight comfort was very good. The newer A380 is specked out with fully lie flat bed/seats and comfortable. China Southern are proficient in getting you from a to b but they still have some catching up to do with the inflight service. Meals and inflight entertainment are poor compared with many western airlines.

China Southern Airlines customer review

I took CZ307 on the 4th. Due to the thunderstorm in Guangzhou our flight was delayed. The announcements were made in time and the flight attendant served us drinks. About 1.5 hrs later we took off. The meal was served soon after we were airborne the choice were limited and by the time they get to my row I didn't even have an option. However the flight attendant promised to let me choose first for the second meal. I wouldn't say the food was delicious but it's okay for what I paid for the ticket. Seat was okay but my touch screen didn't work so I had to use the control button which makes no sense at all it took me while to work that out. Toilets were cleaned promptly. I would say it was a good flight but mostly for the service. The meal could improved a bit and entertainment could be better. Would recommend it.

China Southern Airlines Photos

China Southern Airlines is a state-owned airline and a member of SkyTeam alliance. Its main hub airport is Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, the airline operates more than 600 passenger aircraft, including Boeing 787, Boeing 777 and Boeing 737 and Airbus A380, A330, A321, A320 and A319. China Southern Airlines fleet is ranked the largest in Asia and the fifth largest in the world.

FIRST CLASS

A380 is equipped with eight private flat-bed suites. IFE is via a 23-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 and A330 have 4 cocoon seats, and IFE is via a 17 or 19-inch LCD TV.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

A380 seats recline to a full flat bed. IFE is via a 15-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 / A330 seats recline to full flat bed with 2x2x2 cabin layout. IFE via 15-inch LCD TV.

LONG HAUL
flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
AVODAudio / video on demand
DiningOn demand dining (*not all flights)
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

China Southern Airlines cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 17.2 - 17.5 ins
No WiFiOnboard WiFi
power_iconUSB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets

LOUNGES

At Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, premium customers have use of the China Southern Airlines First and Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
SleepingBedrooms
2_6_spacer

» China Southern Lounge reviews

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for China Southern Airlines fleet. We have provided you a direct link to China Southern Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

IFE

China Southern Airlines provides 600+ hours of entertainment programs on newest aircraft where audio/video program systems are installed.
» View latest IFE Guide

ONBOARD DINING

First Class entrée dish

Business Class beef noodle soup

FIRST CLASS : REVIEW

A modern Boeing 787 with comfortable flat bed, nice comfort attributes and amenities, reasonable IFE, attentive and friendly staff../

» Read the Flight Review