Cebu Pacific

"Worst flight company ever"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Cebu to Caticlan. Worst flight company ever. I booked four different flights with them on January 2018 and all of them were delayed of at least one hour. Don't book with them, trust me, you would rather prefer spend your money with another company and not waste them. We had to book several accommodations because of them.
RouteCebu to Caticlan
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"Staff not helpful at all"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Flew Cebu Pacific from Manila to Bacolod. Staff not helpful at all! Flew from Manila to Bacolod and while I was checking in the staff didn’t say anything that I need to check in the baggage. The staff said it was okay not to check the bags. I only had one suitcase and one backpack. They weighed 9.8kg altogether. So, after the check in I headed over to the security check area only to be stopped by the other staff telling me they needed to check the weight of my bag because I had 2 pieces of carry on baggage. When they weighed it, they said I needed to check in the suitcase and led me to the counter. I didn’t have any idea that I needed to pay. For 2.8 kg excess they let me pay 800php just because I had 2 bags with me. I was annoyed because I wasn’t informed ahead of time. This airline mostly has cheaper flights but you only get what you pay for. Staff not helpful at all of giving you other options. They are only after what they can benefit from.
RouteManila to Bacolod
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"getting hold of them takes time"

Trip Verified | Tagbilaran to Manila. Flying Cebu Pacific is like riding a bus! You pay what you get for! No service at all times. At the Check-In staff always well trained to seek for additional sales. Like when you are in your limits of baggage you can see the disappointment in their eyes that no money can be taken from you! Delays are not being announced. My travel partner was not able to make the flight. All reservations from my side were done through my credit card accounts and I booked everything through their website! As we had one booking, I needed to call 5J as I was not able to split the booking myself through their website. Calling them takes quite a while time, getting hold of them takes time. The agent I spoke to was friendly, providing me options within my case. As a rebooking for my travel companion was out of question listening to their options in our case, he decided to fly a different carrier! I was given the option that I could not refund the ticket although the ticket was refundable, instead I would be given a travel fund for 90 days! I was OK with that option cause I knew I would be flying again sooner. I asked the agent to split our booking and I was advised all further processes you can do through our website as you will be able now to change/rebook/cancel yourself online. I asked also the Travel Fund will be processed through my option to cancel and I was confirmed. Trusting the fact that I could manage all on my own, I did cancel the booking one day after in the knowing I will have a travel fund. What I was not told that the travel fund will now be only claimable under the surname of the booking carried in the booking! Which was now my travel companion and not mine. I paid all tickets and I did pay above 10.000PHP for this one way flight from Bohol to Manila. I felt sure and assured through my call that I can cancel it through the website and not needing to place a call again as waiting time and costs to save! So I cancelled all through the website! Doing this with the secure feeling of eveything I wanted to purchase a new ticket for myself. After being back in Europe I called 5J at least more than 30 minutes to find out that I will not be able to collect my travel fund on my name and to being told that I did agree to the conditions given as it clearly states online. I explained the call center agent the situation and she forwarded my case to an escallation team, and I was told I could call back within 24-48 hrs to find out of further results. I called back 27 hrs after, no updates spending 20 mins to find out, I callled 57 hrs after after spending 40 mins with waiting on hold in line due to busy agents noone available. I decided to contact 5J through Social Media - answer after 10 hrs NO UPDATE. After additional 2 hrs I was contacted by 5J via phone. My request was declined. Clearly 5J does not really care who pays the tickets of its passengers - their policies are clearly made to keep funds pending and to make it difficult for someone to claim their money! 5J does not care about their passengers, they just care about your money. 3300 PHP will be a gift to them as they stick to their policy not understanding the customers side.
RouteTagbilaran to Manila
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"Constant delays on every flight"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Cebu to Manila. Constant delays on every flight I have had with them. Not only were we delayed at our airport of origin, we were delayed on the ground in our destination as well - we had to remain seated for more than 45 minutes because of the disorganization of this company. An absolute joke to say the least, spend your money elsewhere or you will regret your decision.
RouteCebu to Manila
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"they cancelled my confirmed booking"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Booked to fly Cebu Pacific from Manila to Iloilo. First, they cancelled my confirmed booking just hours before my flight. I wasn't able to change it via the web due to their system issues. Secondly, they have rescheduled this trip a couple of times, around 4 times. Now I have no free schedules for December and have told them that but they keep insisting on their 30 day rule policy. When I scheduled and booked this flight, I needed to set everything almost a year prior to the trip, and they cancelled it just like that. Now, they insist on their rules not even thinking of any customer service or customer satisfaction.
RouteManila to Iloilo
Date FlownNovember 2017

"Never using this airline again"

(Norway)

Not Verified | Manila to Sydney. Was on a big tour of all the Philippines for 3 weeks and used Cebu Pacific for 3 flights. And every flight I took was delayed by at least 4 hours each time. Every time, the only thing the staff said was: “We are sorry for the inconvenience this may cause”. Never using this airline again just because your sorry. Also on long flights; small seats (regular size as for short distance flights) no entertainment, no included food, no blankets nor pillows available.
RouteManila to Sydney
Date FlownNovember 2017

"Cabin crew service are so-so"

(Philippines)

Verified Review | I've been flying Jakarta-Manila-Jakarta route for many times since last year (2016) with Cebu Pacific as they are the only budget airline that flies directly on that route. In general, all my flights were a pleasant experience. Often times the Jakarta-Manila leg is on time. When it gets delayed, it's usually due to long boarding process (around 15-30 minutes) because passengers need to be moved by a shuttle bus from gate to the aircraft. Meanwhile, the Manila-Jakarta leg lately was always on time. It's worth noting though that both flight schedule are considered off-peak hours of the airports. Cabin crew service are so-so. Some were nice, welcoming, but also some were not. Though, I am usually not expecting too much from a low-cost airline. When it comes to food, so far, I've only tried their Beef Tapa and Chicken Tocino. Nothing special honestly, and in fact it is overpriced. The serving is too small for it's price tag. The only good thing is that they accept payments in multiple currencies: PHP, USD, and IDR. Lastly, their A320s look well maintained. In the inside the cabin looks clean, smells good, and is cold. Leg room is bad, so I always try to get the seat in emergency exit row where generous leg room is available.
RouteManila to Jakarta
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"not customer-oriented at all"

(Russian Federation)

Verified Review | I bought tickets from Caticlan to Shanghai via Manila. After some time, the airline changed the time of departure of both flights. The new departure time for me is not convenient and uncomfortable, so I wrote to the support service of Cebu Pacific with a request to fully refund the ticket for the reason of changing the schedule for the fault of the airline. In the return of money I was denied referring to the rules of the airline. However, if the airline changes the time of departure of its flights, the right to agree or disagree with the new departure time remains with the passenger. Thus, the airline's service is not customer-oriented at all.
RouteCaticlan to Shanghai via Manila
Date FlownMarch 2017

"arrogant inconvenience and expense"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Cebu via Manila. I concur from experience with much that has been written in complaints as warnings to prospective passengers, but the worst scam from Cebu Pacific, and most likely it is Company Policy, is their one of an “onward” or “return” ticket requirement. My partner and I have both experienced that demand from their check-in staff, yet from no other airline during our frequent travels. In one instance my partner's destination visa was clearly annotated “Return/onward ticket not required”, and we subsequently found that it was not possible to obtain a refund for the return ticket purchase demanded by check-in as a condition of boarding. I was told just several weeks ago that “return” ticketing (to where? country of departure or home country?) was a “requirement" for my return to the Philippines, despite holding a 59 day visa as I have used regularly for 5 years, taking usually 4 flights every 2 months, almost exclusively with Cebu Pacific. On arrival at Manila I was granted entry, and no evidence of an outbound ticket was requested by the border staff. Both the Department of Foreign Affairs and Bureau of Immigration suggest that this an "airline requirement”, which means that everyone, every time they fly international routes with Cebu Pacific, may be scammed into purchasing a new ticket with no refund option, reschedule fees exceeding the value of a new booking, and only a smug reply from the Customer representative suggesting you “Put up and Shut Up”! My experience suggests that any further correspondence or discussion will be ignored. So if the check-in delays don’t steer you towards another airline; as untrained staff study the world’s immigration requirements, then check with their superior, before eventually accepting the next “Guest” from the queued backlog; maybe the very real likelihood of your ticket actually costing you twice as much as advertised, and reasonably expected, will find you seeking out an airline which cares just enough to complete your journey without further blackmail. I’m not willing to take that risk again, despite their cabin crew, aircraft, and timeliness being quite acceptable, as their admin staff and I-hate-to-call-them “managers” have finished them for me! I have seen many other passengers subjected to this same arrogant inconvenience and expense, our experience appears very common, but I’ve seen it only with Cebu Pacific check-in staff. Online booking hassles are a warning of things to come, both price changes and charge confirmation difficulties requiring calls to CP. When you finally are accepted at check-in there are pedantic baggage weight limits applied indiscriminately, apparent separation of baggage for customs scrutiny at the destination, last minute flight cancellations with no alternative offered, musical chairs boarding gates and unintelligible announcements - it’s an impressive list, and don’t think you’ll forget the hassles over a delicious in-flight meal, either!
RouteHong Kong to Cebu via Manila
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"won't use Cebu Pacific any more"

(Spain)

Verified Review | Bad service, bad planes, bad organization, bad Webpage and bad customer service. I've tried to buy a flight 3 times, and it doesn't work. I also have call them to solve the problems, and it was impossible. Finally I bought a flight with another company. I won't use Cebu Pacific any more.
RouteCaticlan to Manila