Cebu Pacific

"seems like they are running a scam"

Trip Verified | Tokyo Narita to Manila to the usual system is that once you’re in the check in they weigh the check in & hand carry luggages. If the handcarry is too heavy, there will be an opportunity to move stuff to the check in. The lady at the counter didn’t do so, so we assumed that everything was ok. Once we got to immigration, the officer started checking the weight of our luggage. I’ve never seen an immigration officer check the weight for airlines because each airline have different standards. This was already sketchy to us because it felt like a scam. This didn’t give anyone an opportunity to rearrange the luggage to suit the required weight and you would have no other choice BUT to pay for the extra weight. 2nd JPN-MNL we still haven’t flown but I’m just really disappointed with Cebu Pacific so I’m writing this. Aside from the flight being delayed for an expected 4 hours and more, we had to pay 2900 yen for our check in luggage. Apparently we only paid check in luggage for one way (MNL-JPN) and we didn’t do so the other way. But when I did the online check in, I clearly saw that we had one check in baggage. The lady said that she can’t find it in the system and that we would have to take it up in the Philippines. We tried to explain that this was an online booking and if she can’t find it in the system. Most likely they won’t be able to find it in their system too. Assuming that they run the same system. So we paid and the lady said we should just try to get reimbursed. We left the counter and my mom realized that we didnt get a receipt. We went back to get it because they didn’t accept any forms of card and only accepted cash. We almost couldn’t pay for it since we didn’t think we’d have to pay again. Without the receipt, we have no proof that we paid for the check in luggage. No cards, just cash? Really? I understand that cash is a necessity at places that don’t have the proper technology or whatever. But this is an airline that should accommodate every person, especially when they start adding up costs. The point is, this entire airline seems like they are running a scam and I am so disappointed. Needless to say, I will be warning all my family and friends about this airline. I’d rather pay a little bit more for a better airline.
RouteManila to Tokyo Narita
Date FlownJuly 2018

"no comfort/service at all"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Bali to Dubai via Manila. Just want to give people a heads up if they’re flying internationally with Cebu Pacific! We had a 9.5 hour flight from Manila to Dubai. Please be aware that there’s no comfort/service at all. Make sure you buy enough water at the airport/refill to keep yourself hydrated on this long flight. You have to pay to get water otherwise and you’ll pay twice the price for half the amount of water you can buy at the airport. If you are like me, and don’t like the food on planes in general, have a decent meal at the airport and load up on snacks for during your flight. Prepare yourself for no inflight entertainment! No screens, no movies! Make sure your devices are charged, have a fully charged power bank and things to watch etc. Or you can bring a book/get book on pdf on your phone. There’s WiFi but you have to pay and I don’t know if it’s any good. You don’t get a pillow and a blanket so make sure to bring your own or something similar to make you feel a bit comfortable.
RouteBali to Dubai via Manila
Date FlownMay 2018

"do not book this airline"

Trip Verified | Cebu to Manila. We booked 5 flights with Cebu Pacific during the month of May in order to get around the Philippines. Not one of them was on time. One delay caused us to miss our connecting flight and they refused to help us in any way forcing us to simply pay for another ticket and the overnight hotel as well as the hotel we were supposed to be staying in at our planned destination. All this even though we paid for their "insurance" which is a total scam. The lack of efficiency is actually baffling. It is acceptable if a flight is delayed for mechanical or weather related reasons, however most of the times our delay was because they did not even have the plane at the airport at the scheduled time of departure. The difference between this airline and Phillipine Airlines is actually eye opening. Please if you have the choice and want a stress free holiday, do not book this airline.
RouteCebu to Manila
Date FlownMay 2018

"airline is shockingly bad"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Cebu to Surigao. This airline is shockingly bad. I have never had a flight with Cebu Pacific that has flown on time. I have even had the first flight of the day at 5:20am delayed by an hour (they switched us to another plane on the tarmac). We watched our luggage sit on the tarmac getting rained on even though they have plastic covers to stop this happening the ground crew simply do not care, they were nice and dry hiding under the plane instead of fixing whatever issue was causing delay. My luggage also now has yellow paint and scratches all over it and my padlocks are scratched as well presumably this is from contact with the tarmac at some stage. When leaving Cumiguin our flight was delayed 2 hours, check in staff took this extra time to pedantically weigh each item and charge for overweight baggage, selectively charging foreigners more than locals and allowing some but not others to have more than 1 bag as carry on and charging extra for checking these bags in. When boarding us onto the plane they walked us past the engine while it was running, the noise from the turbine engine was deafeningly loud and high pitched. The seats are uncomfortable and inflight service is non existent. There is nothing good about this airline, I will never fly with them unless there is no other option.
RouteCebu to Surigao

"typical budget airline"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Osaka to Manila. Your typical budget airline. They don't really care about being nice to their passengers. I was in the airport gate waiting area at Kansai Airport. There was a lot of vacant seats and I decided to seat up in front. I was already one seat apart from another person, who happened to be the First Officer. He asked me if I could move to another seat since the Captain was sitting there next to him and I should sit one seat apart away from him. I moved one seat next to the one I was sitting to, but I felt insulted. Don't they have their own lounge? Well, I think I got what I paid for, despite paying extra prepaid charges for the baggage and in-flight meals. I could have taken Philippine Airlines if this was the case. On the bright side, at least the flights were on time. It gets you from point A to B safely and my checked-in baggage was handled without any problems.
RouteOsaka to Manila
Date FlownApril 2018

"I don't recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | Manila to Davao. I don't recommend this airline at all. I was waiting since 2:00 am today and waiting right now for 4 hours already ans they still dont know when the Boarding time will be. They are distributing biscuits and a bottle water for breakfast but I hope they would realize that our time is more precious than those foods. They have different promos to attract some customers, and in exchange are the Delays of the flights. I always pay the regular Price of this Airline, but still it does not make difference at all!
RouteManila to Davao

"catering is good too"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | General Santos to Manila. Cebu Pacific has one of the youngest average fleet age. The staff, especially flight attendants, is eager to help the passengers. They have no IFE, but they host these trivia games where three passengers can possibly win prizes. Their catering is good too, although no much variant, its a great value. I've flown with them 5 times now and all delays I've experienced is caused by air traffic congestion in Manila.
RouteGeneral Santos to Manila
Date FlownMay 2018

"the toilets were soiled"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Manila. After a positive experience on my last Manila to Bangkok flight this was back to true 5J form. The flight was late by one hour, the explanation was the usual stupid "late arrival of turnaround aircraft", with no reason given for that late arrival. There was no information given at check-in about the delay, only the airport monitors started showing it. In flight it took the cabin crew 1 hour to finally offer food and drinks and then no Sandwiches or any other fresh food was available, only cup noodles. "Sold out sir". As usual. After 2 hours the toilets were soiled but never cleaned by the fa's. Upon arrival they added to everybody's delay by parking the plane at one of the bays most far away from immigration.
RouteBangkok to Manila
Date FlownApril 2018

"he worst flight company"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Manila to Cebu. Probably the worst flight company. We've booked 4 flights with Cebu, one was cancelled 2 weeks before the departure date (it was a connection flight) and the other 3 have been delayed (1h to 2h30). We have lost a connection flight. No one assumes responsibility they just told us that "planes are delayed all the time".
RouteManila to Cebu

"no service, period"

Trip Verified | Dumaguete to Cebu. Worst airline in the world. No service, period. There is no pre-boarding cooling procedure apply. People are boarding in a hot cabin without air-conditioning. The seats are straight 90 degree without reclining support. They never clean their seats between flight since there always delay. Always late without any announcement, or the announcement are not up-to-date information just reading out of script. One of my friends even got canceled flight and bus to Cebu early morning via a van. Keep changing their flight schedule also every quarter. I wish there is another airline to join this route to compete.
RouteDumaguete to Cebu