Cebu Pacific

"Never using this airline again"

(Norway)

Not Verified | Manila to Sydney. Was on a big tour of all the Philippines for 3 weeks and used Cebu Pacific for 3 flights. And every flight I took was delayed by at least 4 hours each time. Every time, the only thing the staff said was: “We are sorry for the inconvenience this may cause”. Never using this airline again just because your sorry. Also on long flights; small seats (regular size as for short distance flights) no entertainment, no included food, no blankets nor pillows available.
RouteManila to Sydney
Date FlownNovember 2017

"Cabin crew service are so-so"

(Philippines)

Verified Review | I've been flying Jakarta-Manila-Jakarta route for many times since last year (2016) with Cebu Pacific as they are the only budget airline that flies directly on that route. In general, all my flights were a pleasant experience. Often times the Jakarta-Manila leg is on time. When it gets delayed, it's usually due to long boarding process (around 15-30 minutes) because passengers need to be moved by a shuttle bus from gate to the aircraft. Meanwhile, the Manila-Jakarta leg lately was always on time. It's worth noting though that both flight schedule are considered off-peak hours of the airports. Cabin crew service are so-so. Some were nice, welcoming, but also some were not. Though, I am usually not expecting too much from a low-cost airline. When it comes to food, so far, I've only tried their Beef Tapa and Chicken Tocino. Nothing special honestly, and in fact it is overpriced. The serving is too small for it's price tag. The only good thing is that they accept payments in multiple currencies: PHP, USD, and IDR. Lastly, their A320s look well maintained. In the inside the cabin looks clean, smells good, and is cold. Leg room is bad, so I always try to get the seat in emergency exit row where generous leg room is available.
RouteManila to Jakarta
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"not customer-oriented at all"

(Russian Federation)

Verified Review | I bought tickets from Caticlan to Shanghai via Manila. After some time, the airline changed the time of departure of both flights. The new departure time for me is not convenient and uncomfortable, so I wrote to the support service of Cebu Pacific with a request to fully refund the ticket for the reason of changing the schedule for the fault of the airline. In the return of money I was denied referring to the rules of the airline. However, if the airline changes the time of departure of its flights, the right to agree or disagree with the new departure time remains with the passenger. Thus, the airline's service is not customer-oriented at all.
RouteCaticlan to Shanghai via Manila
Date FlownMarch 2017

"arrogant inconvenience and expense"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Cebu via Manila. I concur from experience with much that has been written in complaints as warnings to prospective passengers, but the worst scam from Cebu Pacific, and most likely it is Company Policy, is their one of an “onward” or “return” ticket requirement. My partner and I have both experienced that demand from their check-in staff, yet from no other airline during our frequent travels. In one instance my partner's destination visa was clearly annotated “Return/onward ticket not required”, and we subsequently found that it was not possible to obtain a refund for the return ticket purchase demanded by check-in as a condition of boarding. I was told just several weeks ago that “return” ticketing (to where? country of departure or home country?) was a “requirement" for my return to the Philippines, despite holding a 59 day visa as I have used regularly for 5 years, taking usually 4 flights every 2 months, almost exclusively with Cebu Pacific. On arrival at Manila I was granted entry, and no evidence of an outbound ticket was requested by the border staff. Both the Department of Foreign Affairs and Bureau of Immigration suggest that this an "airline requirement”, which means that everyone, every time they fly international routes with Cebu Pacific, may be scammed into purchasing a new ticket with no refund option, reschedule fees exceeding the value of a new booking, and only a smug reply from the Customer representative suggesting you “Put up and Shut Up”! My experience suggests that any further correspondence or discussion will be ignored. So if the check-in delays don’t steer you towards another airline; as untrained staff study the world’s immigration requirements, then check with their superior, before eventually accepting the next “Guest” from the queued backlog; maybe the very real likelihood of your ticket actually costing you twice as much as advertised, and reasonably expected, will find you seeking out an airline which cares just enough to complete your journey without further blackmail. I’m not willing to take that risk again, despite their cabin crew, aircraft, and timeliness being quite acceptable, as their admin staff and I-hate-to-call-them “managers” have finished them for me! I have seen many other passengers subjected to this same arrogant inconvenience and expense, our experience appears very common, but I’ve seen it only with Cebu Pacific check-in staff. Online booking hassles are a warning of things to come, both price changes and charge confirmation difficulties requiring calls to CP. When you finally are accepted at check-in there are pedantic baggage weight limits applied indiscriminately, apparent separation of baggage for customs scrutiny at the destination, last minute flight cancellations with no alternative offered, musical chairs boarding gates and unintelligible announcements - it’s an impressive list, and don’t think you’ll forget the hassles over a delicious in-flight meal, either!
RouteHong Kong to Cebu via Manila
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"won't use Cebu Pacific any more"

(Spain)

Verified Review | Bad service, bad planes, bad organization, bad Webpage and bad customer service. I've tried to buy a flight 3 times, and it doesn't work. I also have call them to solve the problems, and it was impossible. Finally I bought a flight with another company. I won't use Cebu Pacific any more.
RouteCaticlan to Manila
Date FlownAugust 2017

"This is madness and unfair"

(Philippines)

Verified Review | Iloilo to General Santos. I booked this ticket last February and did not purchase any seat then. When I checked in online through the Cebu Pacific app, I was charged with a seat I supposedly purchased. I called and asked when I purchased it. It was the same time I checked in online. Now if I want to cancel it, I could. But I have to pay the same amount as spoilage fee! This is madness and unfair. I would like to say I will not fly Cebu Pacific again but this is the only airline operating this route. I feel robbed.
RouteIloilo to General Santos
Date FlownJuly 2017

"love to fly them again"

(Philippines)

Verified Review | Davao to Cebu. Arrived about 2 hours early for my flight. But the flight was delayed for about 1 hour. When we were at the gate, ground staff were handing out free GetGo membership cards. GetGo is the loyalty program of Cebu Pacific. Boarding commenced, the seat was quiet clean and modern, but one of the tray table's arms were damaged, so it wouldn't stay put. Tried out a Kalamansi Muffin, which was a decent snack for the 1 hour flight. There was abit of turbulence but I could handle it. Cabin crew were very generous and friendly. Overall, great airline and would love to fly with them again!
AircraftA320-200
RouteDavao to Cebu
Date FlownDecember 2016

"can't speak highly enough"

Verified Review | I flew with Cebu Pacific from Manila to Boracay MPH, which was a much quicker option. I was hesitant to book as reviews were claiming poor service, cancelled flights and delays. I can't speak highly enough of the airline. Check in smooth, Aircraft was brand new and they tried to keep passengers entertained through the short hour or so flight.
RouteManila to Boracay
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"improve your service"

(Philippines)

Verified Review | Manila to Cebu, I waited at the gate for around 2 hours, since I arrived early. The problem started, at boarding time, which was suppose to be 740pm. The ground crew announces, instead of 119 boarding will be at 120! It turned out to be a chaotic ordeal everyone. Another gripe is with carry on luggage, rule is 1 carry-on luggage per person, 7kg carry-on plus a small personal item such as a handbag, or a small backpack. But they allowed people to board with a Carry-on plus another more than 7kg bag. And to my surprise, even the forward bins where occupied by people who had brought more luggage than it is permitted. I specifically got the 2nd row of seats, so I could get enough space for my 1 carry-on but the FA allowed people to use the bins, even though they had been seated in the middle cabin. I had to stow my bags under the seat in front of me. It is a budget airline, but come on Cebu Pacific, improve your service.
RouteManila to Cebu
Date FlownJune 2017

"I really hope they change"

(Philippines)

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Cebu via Manila. On Cebu Pacific, things go ok until they don't, and when they don't go ok, they become disastrous very quickly! I and two business companions booked a flight to Macau for an important business meeting in China. Instead of trying to make connections on the same day of the meeting, we broke the trip up into two days. We chose one day to travel and rest up for the meeting on the next day. We had a 3:00 PM flight to Manila and a connecting flight to Macau at 7:30 PM that evening. We were at the airport in Cebu at 1:30PM. Our flight to Manila was delayed 3 hours and when they finally told us we would be leaving we asked for help because there was no way we would be able to make our connection. The ground staff helped us by checking us in for the Macau flight and giving us our boarding passes so we could proceed quickly to the departure gate once we arrived in Manila. Then they told us they would notify Manila that were delayed and coming! However, when we got to Manila, we missed the connection! Turned out that no one in Cebu informed the gate personnel at the Macau flight gate that we were coming. The ensuing "remedy" made us extremely late for our China meeting, cost of over $1000 in extra expenses we should never have had, and aged us all by at least 10 years. We expected Cebu Pacific to transfer us to another carrier so that we could get over to Macau, but it turns out that Cebu Pacific does not have any relationships of that sort with other airlines. The extent of the ground staff's attempt to find us a flight was limited to scanning airline websites looking for possible flights for us. In the end we had no choice but to stay with Cebu Pacific and let them get us to Hong Kong (not Macau) the next morning. Several days after arriving home I filed a complaint and the result was an email messages saying how sorry everyone was for all the delays and hassles, but that an investigation concluded that personnel followed acceptable procedures in handling our situation. I guess saying that you are "going to call ahead" and then not calling ahead are considered to "acceptable procedures" for Cebu Pacific. Never again. Most of the staff were very great during our crisis, except for one representative, whom when we first arrived in Manila and were trying to get to the Macau flight gate as quick as possible, we approached for information about our Macau flight. After calling on his radio, he informed us that the plane had already pulled away from the gate and that we would have to "go outside and buy another ticket", without even so much as telling us how sorry he was that the company had caused us to miss our flight. Cebu Pacific is good when it is good, but when things go awry, don't expect too much in the way of a remedy. I really hope they change.
RouteHong Kong to Cebu via Manila