Vote Best Airline

Cebu Pacific

"pleasant flying experience"

(Qatar)

Verified Review | Doha to Manila with Cebu Pacific. Nice budget airline from point to point. My first long haul flight on a no frill airline which didnt disappoint me. Its a unique 3x3x3 seat configuration A330 which normally is 2x4x2. No screen and entertainment, but I bring my own. The pre ordered meal wasn't great but for the price one could appreciate the same. Overall a pleasant flying experience and flying again in three months.
AircraftA330-300
RouteDOH to MNL
Date FlownJuly 2016

"unfair customer treatment"

Verified Review | Manila to Caticlan. I agree with many customers they said long time ago Cebu Pacific was a good airline, but nowadays more and more troubles. Our flight Manila to Caticlan DG 6241 was cancelled, said we'll get next DG 6243 flight 2hours later, but this one cancelled too - instead we got a 5.5 hrs later flight to Kalibo instead booked flight to Caticlan, which is more inconvenient for us to go to Boracay, and its a cheaper flight too. We reached the island at 11pm, half day holiday was lost. We wanted a refund amount, because flights to Kalibo are more cheaper, but the customer service wrote: Our flight disruption policy only includes, rebooking within 30 days without charges, full travel fund, or full refund. We cannot do both at the same time. And this seems to happens often. So they sell many more expensive flights at good day times, cancel and change this flights and if you have to take another (cheaper) flight the same day, you don't get a cash refund. This is an unfair customer treatment, even I would say an unjustified income for Cebu Pacific. I only can advise people, if they can afford, to take an even more expensive but hassel free flight with another company.
RouteMNL to MPH
Date FlownNovember 2016

"food is not good"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Bangkok to Manila. FAs at Cebu Pacific are generally nice and smiling. However, during this flight, my husband ordered a warm meal that the FA advised to have a 20-minute-preparation time. Almost an hour later, nothing was served. When we followed up, the crew in fact forgot about it. She apologized and provided us a complimentary sandwich. Food is not good at all with Cebu Pacific, so better bring your own in the aircraft. The croissant sandwich was not a croissant but just a white bread shaped like a croissant and it was not worth the calorie or the price. But I like the aircraft for its staff who are often very nice.
RouteBKK to MNL
Date FlownOctober 2016

"pleasant enough experience"

Laoag to Manila with Cebu Pacific. Flight was late, so instead of a 6.05 pm departure the flight departed at 9.30 pm. This due to late arrival of the inbound aircraft. Laoag is a small airport with minimal facilities so the free McDonalds meal provided by ground staff was welcomed. ATR aircraft seemed brand new with a comfortable seat and clean cabin. Cabin crew were friendly but no catering offered on board. Couldn't work out if this was because we had been provided a meal at the airport or due to anticipated turbulence. No announcements from the flightdeck apart from requesting cabin crew to take their seats. Ramp disembarkment at Manila and quite a walk to the arrivals entrance in the rain. Each passenger was provided an umbrella upon leaving the aircraft which I thought was a good idea. Returned to staff at the arrivals building. All in all, although they need to improve their punctuality, it was a pleasant enough experience. Because I booked about a month in advance, the air fare was extremely good value and I would fly with them again.
AircraftATR600
RouteLaoag to Manila
Date FlownNovember 2016

"massive delays, poor communucation"

Manila to Busuanga with Cebu Pacific. Twin prop aircraft. Massive delays. Poor communucation not telling customers about delay or how long. Flights eventually cancelled. This airline is really poor. I wouldn't recommend Cebu Pacific. Will pay a little more for less stress and to know I will get where I need to at the time I need to. Seat comfort in the end was woeful.
RouteMNL to USU
Date FlownOctober 2016

" all flights almost 4 hours late"

Verified Review | Manila to General Santos, unfortunately, I travelled 6 times with Cebu Pacific this summer and all flights have been almost 4 hours late. No apologies and no action from the airline. Today, the flight time was meant to be 10.00am and no one can tell us how long will be waiting time. They told us the plane will be ready at 11.25, now already telling us that it is expected to reach the terminal at 12.45.
RouteMNL to GES
Date FlownAugust 2016

"money saved is not worth it"

I have flown with Cebu Pacific at least 10 times (that was 10 times too many). They are rarely on-time. Flights are frequently cancelled, mostly delayed by several hours, often re-routed. In my last case, all of the above. Initial flight from Davao to Singapore was cancelled. Rescheduled flight was delayed and then re-routed. Ironically, my perception of the airline is so low, I was relieved I arrived at my final destination only 4-hours late. If you have lots of time and patience and no connecting flight, they are ok. Otherwise, avoid. The money saved is not worth it.
RouteDVO to SIN
Date FlownAugust 2016

"most of my flights with CEB are delayed"

(Philippines)

Verified Review | Puerto Princesa to Manila - I travel frequently through Cebu Pacific. This airlines always boasts about their on time schedules. Unfortunately, most of my flights with CEB are delayed. The airline staff are always announcing that the cause of the delay is the air traffic congestion at the Manila International Airport but for me most of the flights I have been on are the airline's fault. Most of the flights that are delayed are noon to evening flights given that its also peak time for Manila Airport but CEB staff are sometimes not very accommodating and fail to update its passengers about what is happening or what is the cause of the delay. Most of the time, they use gates 131-132 at T3 which means that you have to take a shuttle bus that will lead you to the planes instead of using the air bridge. On this part, CEB is weak but I will still fly CEB because of their new planes and cool games on board.
RoutePPS to MNL
Date FlownMay 2016

"everything was incredibly unqualified"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Kalibo to Hong Kong via Manila with Cenu Pacific. Delayed 5 hours on a flight with an average running time of 45 minutes. I've been on the road because of their incompetence for 13 hours from Borocay to Hong Kong. Everything else on the journey was incredibly unqualified, from airport facilities to air service to crisis management and just the ground crew kindness was outstanding. The plane itself was miserable, tattered and taped panels and leaking air con vents right over me and in other places too. Even luggage delivery in Hong Kong was delayed and that has never happened to me before in such an efficient airport. The delay is fully on charge of management incompetence since there was no environmental situation forcing such delay but just unavailable parking in Manila, according to crew explanation. This definitely was overall the worst trip I ever had in my 20 years traveling.
RouteKLO to HKG via MNL
Date FlownJuly 2016

" I remain very satisfied"

Reading many of the reviews I must be one of the luckiest travellers. Three Cebu Pacific flights in the last few months all MNL-DVO-MNL and all close to time with no dramas. This particular Manila to Davao flight was so empty, it was not how many spare seats but how many spare rows! For the money paid I remain very satisfied with this airline.
RouteMNL to DVO