Vote Now

Cebu Pacific

"seat was quite comfortable"

(Philippines)

Verified Review | Cebu to Davao. The cabin impression is very clean and modern. I got seat 4F. The seat was quite comfortable. Legroom was okay. The flight was slightly delayed. The pilots and crew apologised for the delay, they were very friendly. For the price you are paying for, it is worth it!
RouteCebu to Davao
Date FlownDecember 2016

"Cebu Pacific is the worst"

(Trinidad & Tobago)

Verified Review | Cebu to Siargao. Cebu Pacific is the worst! This is our second time flying this airline within 2 weeks of visiting the Philippines and it was always late. We were to fly a third time using this airline out of Siargao to Manila but we decided to just take our losses and booked with another airline. Before this, they changed our flight times without notification. They don't offer any refunds or compensation. They offered to reschedule (obviously since we don't have a choice!) only and not even a refund. I truly wonder how a company like this stay in business with the way they run things.
RouteCebu to Siargao
Date FlownMarch 2017

"no entertainment available"

Verified Review | What is it about Philippine airline companies that keeps them from providing in-flight entertainment? This was a 9 hour flight, and there was no entertainment available. Also there was no free meal service! I have never been on an international flight that had neither free meals and entertainment. I asked for a cup of coffee and was charged about $2.50USD. The crew were kind and courteous, the plane seemed in good condition and was clean, however, I will not fly on Cebu Pacific (or Philippine Airlines ~ also no in-flight entertainment) again.
RouteKuwait to Manila
Date FlownMarch 2017

Cebu Pacific customer review

Verified Review | I had booked my flight from Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur via Manila for my next holiday trip in October 2017. A month later they cancelled my flight from MNL-KUL without notice or send email to me but I found out by manage my booking. I have called them from the Netherlands to Manila with this problem and long queue waiting to get to talk with human. Finally I decided to get full refund and I have to call over and over again to get DCN number and my phone cost over 100 euro with this stupid thing. Again they keep postpone and finally told me that refund was credit back to my bank credit card since 14 February 2017. Anyway My credit card company still resisting that they have no any order or refund back. So I contact to then via phone, email, twitter, Facebook with to them and they said that they already made refund so now on is depend on my bank not with then anymore. So I called to bank and ask them to check again and bank still insisting that have no refund. So if you would like to get any refund with this airlines you will totally get nothing and made you more frustrated.
AircraftA320-200
RouteBKK to KUL via MNL
Date FlownOctober 2016

"the service was terrible"

(Taiwan)

Verified Review | Sydney to Taipei via Manila. My experience with Cebu Pacific was horrible, and I will never consider flying them again. Over the course of 4 flights we experienced, a flight cancellation, two delayed flights, a scammy feeling bag search, a freezing cold airplane, the worst meals I've been served in flight, being locked into a departure lounge in Manila and to top it off damaged luggage. The flight from Taiwan to Manila was cancelled, they sent a friendly email saying there was an issue and they'd call us, The resulting call was on the Tuesday where they informed us that our Friday flight was cancelled (no indication of that in the email) and we could rebook. Our rebooking options were: a flight that left in 5 hours time (1am Wednesday morning), or a flight that left on the following Tuesday (eliminating half of our vacation). We had to make an emergency booking with a different airline at great expense due to their issue. The flight from Manila to Sydney was delayed by an hour. The return leg flight Manila to Taipei was delayed by almost 3 hours, (it took off after the projected arrival time) there was no compensation offered, breaking Philippine airline regulations. At Ninoy Aquino Airport Terminal 3 we went through security, emptying our drink bottles, the Airport water fountains were empty/broken. At the boarding gate there was a bag search by airline staff emptying water bottles a second time to ensure that during the delay at the gate (with no bathroom access) and on the flight you would only have access to water you could purchase from the airline at ludicrous prices. Boarding the flight in Manila the aircon was on so high it looked like and felt like it was snowing presumably to increase blanket sales. The meals on the flight were terrible - Chicken Tangalad was a measly portion of oily chicken and indeterminate vegetables with far too much rice, Chicken Tocino was basically the same thing but with egg instead of vegetables. Our flight from Manila to Taipei was severely delayed (over 3 hours) after an hour and a half at the first gate a flight attendant yelled "follow me" and led a crowd of passengers to a different gate, then the airline staff placed a row of chairs in front of a door and locked all the passengers in, you could see passengers walk towards the entrance heading to the bathroom then turn around realizing they were trapped. Finally after arriving in Taipei one of the 2 suitcases we had checked was damaged, To summarize, the service was terrible, the flights were delayed, the food was barely edible.
RouteSydney to Taipei via Manila
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"very slow about issuing refund"

(Philippines)

Verified Review | Manila to Singapore. Flight was fine but booked 3 premium economy seats. At check in they couldn't honor our seats so I applied for a refund of the seat upgrade online. They agreed to refund my credit card but that was 30 days ago. They are holding my money and seem to be very slow about issuing my refund. Based on this horrible customer service I will not be a customer in the future.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteManila to Singapore
Date FlownNovember 2016

Cebu Pacific customer review

Verified Review | Manila to Bacolod with Cebu Pacific. They notified me thru email that my return flight will be cancelled / delayed, and they booked me to the next flight (this is a good touch which I did not expect). I had to cancel and ask for refund which they did promptly. I only had to cancel because it was going to affect my next international flight. I was very pleased with initiative and pro-activeness which gave me time to change my plans.
RouteMNL to BCD
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"plane clean and in good condition"

(South Korea)

Verified Review | Christmas vacation in Boracay with friends. Early AM departure from ICN, but as this is the only Cebu Pacific flight at that time, no need to arrive 2-3 hours ahead. 1.5 hours was sufficient as ICN has long lines lately in the morning. Slightly late departure, but plane clean and in good condition with friendly, fast crew. Booked exit row seat both directions, but empty rows meant I could move and lay down without any problems. Also used transfer service sold online and onboard and would absolutely recommend. Only two complaints: cabin crew really focuses on selling snacks and drinks too frequently, even on our red eye home departing at 1.50 am with again another pass before arrival at 6 am. Also, they didn't actually black out the cabin for this flight, just dimmed the lights down to faint brown. This made sleep difficult. Seat tip: stretching out in the last row is difficult for any taller person (180 cm for me). The curvature of the plane means a much narrower seat row. Also, the crew has to stay awake, and as such talks throughout the flight in the rear galley. Kalibo airport is tiny and is recommended to use the free lounge across the street. In the evening, five flights to Korea within two hours means a hectic departure area and wait to get into the airport. Wait in the lounge until they call your flight about an hour and a half before departure. Much more comfortable. If using transfer service, you will arrive at 10 pm for 1.50 am flight. Ask for help if you don't speak Korean as no English was used (I can speak Korean).
RouteICN to KLO
Date FlownDecember 2016

"flight was not really that good"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Manila to Jakarta with Cebu Pacific. Arrived at NAIA T3 I checked in to my flight. The ground crew personnel were not friendly. Boarding was quick but there's a hold before enter the jetbridge about 15 minutes. Another delay after all passengers entered the aircraft summed up to a total of 45 minutes of delay, which means we would arrive some 30 minutes behind scheduled arrival time. Later in the flight, I purchased a chicken meal and a blanket. The meal was okay, it's a typical meal that you'll get on convenience store but a little pricey and the taste a bit worse. The blanket is very thin in my opinion. Finally landed 50 minutes behind schedule. Overall the flight was good but I would consider whether to fly or not with Cebu again, since the ground experience was bad and the flight was not really that good.
RouteMNL to CGK
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"a pretty uncomfortable seat"

Verified Review | BKK-MNL-BKK with Cebu Pacific. Check in in BKK was poorly organised with frequent queue jumping and a competition to see how many baggage trolleys could be jammed into a 10 square metre space, no control by anyone. Flight departed 30 minutes late but was mostly made up en route and arrived pretty much on time. Completely full plane with not the most comfortable A320 seats. Cabin crew did a good job in getting everything and everyone stowed on a really full aircraft. I'm not sure who was enforcing the carry on baggage restrictions but it wasn't happening, and contributed to the late departure of the aircraft. I don't bother with the fairly dull meal service on Cebu Pacific preferring to bring my own snack and I didn't bother with the Duty Free on either flight - and there's no IFR, so it's a pretty uncomfortable seat on a crowded, not very cheap 3hr flight. Check-in in MNL was an hour, despite arriving at T3 3.5hrs before departure. Flight was pretty much as before. Really not much to choose between Cebu Pac and PAL on this route - T3 is a much better terminal than T2 but PAL seem to have better slot times, less crowded planes and a better 30kg free baggage allowance. Cebu Pac are cheaper to change flights, but ticket prices are a lot higher than a few years ago despite lower fuel costs, so I guess the airlines are maximising their prices on a busy route.
RouteBKK to MNL