Cebu Pacific

"love to fly them again"

(Philippines)

Verified Review | Davao to Cebu. Arrived about 2 hours early for my flight. But the flight was delayed for about 1 hour. When we were at the gate, ground staff were handing out free GetGo membership cards. GetGo is the loyalty program of Cebu Pacific. Boarding commenced, the seat was quiet clean and modern, but one of the tray table's arms were damaged, so it wouldn't stay put. Tried out a Kalamansi Muffin, which was a decent snack for the 1 hour flight. There was abit of turbulence but I could handle it. Cabin crew were very generous and friendly. Overall, great airline and would love to fly with them again!
AircraftA320-200
RouteDavao to Cebu
Date FlownDecember 2016

"can't speak highly enough"

Verified Review | I flew with Cebu Pacific from Manila to Boracay MPH, which was a much quicker option. I was hesitant to book as reviews were claiming poor service, cancelled flights and delays. I can't speak highly enough of the airline. Check in smooth, Aircraft was brand new and they tried to keep passengers entertained through the short hour or so flight.
RouteManila to Boracay
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"improve your service"

(Philippines)

Verified Review | Manila to Cebu, I waited at the gate for around 2 hours, since I arrived early. The problem started, at boarding time, which was suppose to be 740pm. The ground crew announces, instead of 119 boarding will be at 120! It turned out to be a chaotic ordeal everyone. Another gripe is with carry on luggage, rule is 1 carry-on luggage per person, 7kg carry-on plus a small personal item such as a handbag, or a small backpack. But they allowed people to board with a Carry-on plus another more than 7kg bag. And to my surprise, even the forward bins where occupied by people who had brought more luggage than it is permitted. I specifically got the 2nd row of seats, so I could get enough space for my 1 carry-on but the FA allowed people to use the bins, even though they had been seated in the middle cabin. I had to stow my bags under the seat in front of me. It is a budget airline, but come on Cebu Pacific, improve your service.
RouteManila to Cebu
Date FlownJune 2017

"I really hope they change"

(Philippines)

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Cebu via Manila. On Cebu Pacific, things go ok until they don't, and when they don't go ok, they become disastrous very quickly! I and two business companions booked a flight to Macau for an important business meeting in China. Instead of trying to make connections on the same day of the meeting, we broke the trip up into two days. We chose one day to travel and rest up for the meeting on the next day. We had a 3:00 PM flight to Manila and a connecting flight to Macau at 7:30 PM that evening. We were at the airport in Cebu at 1:30PM. Our flight to Manila was delayed 3 hours and when they finally told us we would be leaving we asked for help because there was no way we would be able to make our connection. The ground staff helped us by checking us in for the Macau flight and giving us our boarding passes so we could proceed quickly to the departure gate once we arrived in Manila. Then they told us they would notify Manila that were delayed and coming! However, when we got to Manila, we missed the connection! Turned out that no one in Cebu informed the gate personnel at the Macau flight gate that we were coming. The ensuing "remedy" made us extremely late for our China meeting, cost of over $1000 in extra expenses we should never have had, and aged us all by at least 10 years. We expected Cebu Pacific to transfer us to another carrier so that we could get over to Macau, but it turns out that Cebu Pacific does not have any relationships of that sort with other airlines. The extent of the ground staff's attempt to find us a flight was limited to scanning airline websites looking for possible flights for us. In the end we had no choice but to stay with Cebu Pacific and let them get us to Hong Kong (not Macau) the next morning. Several days after arriving home I filed a complaint and the result was an email messages saying how sorry everyone was for all the delays and hassles, but that an investigation concluded that personnel followed acceptable procedures in handling our situation. I guess saying that you are "going to call ahead" and then not calling ahead are considered to "acceptable procedures" for Cebu Pacific. Never again. Most of the staff were very great during our crisis, except for one representative, whom when we first arrived in Manila and were trying to get to the Macau flight gate as quick as possible, we approached for information about our Macau flight. After calling on his radio, he informed us that the plane had already pulled away from the gate and that we would have to "go outside and buy another ticket", without even so much as telling us how sorry he was that the company had caused us to miss our flight. Cebu Pacific is good when it is good, but when things go awry, don't expect too much in the way of a remedy. I really hope they change.
RouteHong Kong to Cebu via Manila

"the worst airline ever"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Manila to Cebu. This is the worst airline ever. The ground staff are not friendly, the flight attendance are no exception either. On top of it, their customer service/care the worst I ever experienced. I will not recommend this airline to anyone I know. Cheap airline with cheap services fit them perfectly.
RouteManila to Cebu

"the worst website ever"

(Guam)

Verified Review | They have the worst website ever! Tried over 10 times to book online with 2 different credit cards and it would never accept either one of them (called both card companies and both said they didn't decline anything). To top it off when called the call center I gave them one of the cards I previously tried to use and it went right through - and they charged me $25 to book it through them and refused to waive the fee. They need out source their customer care to a place where they don't train them to say only "no, sorry sir".
RouteManila to Guam
Date FlownMay 2017

"this is an excellent option"

(Saudi Arabia)

Verified Review | Legazpi - Manila on 22-April. Flight arrived in MNL 15 minutes early. Of course this is a budget airline so you need to purchase if you want something on board like food, blanket etc. But for people just want to transit from point A to B this is an excellent option as Cebu Pacific offers half of the price less that its rivals.
RouteLegazpi - Manila

"The food was horrible"

(Finland)

Verified Review | Kuwait to Sydney via Manila. The staff was friendly but service was slow. The food was horrible, didn't have any flavour at all. On the second flight it was barely warm. Never pre-order meals from this airline - bring your own food. Even the ice tea/juice that came with the meal was undrinkable. Like water with a cup of sugar. There was no entertainment and drinks or any food aren't included to the ticket price. You have to pay even for water. If you had bad luck and end up flying with this company, bring your own blanket. Surprisingly there is none in the plane and it is cold there.
RouteKuwait to Sydney via Manila

"everything went smoothly"

(Croatia)

Verified Review | Return flight Manila to Kalibo (Boracay). First time with Cebu Pacific and everything went smoothly. Booking was very transparent and easy, flights on time, clean planes, professional and friendly staff. My over-sized sport equipment was tagged as fragile and delivered without damages. Low cost business model at it's best! Strongly recommended.
RouteManila to Kalibo
Date FlownApril 2017

"Cabin crew were friendly"

(Philippines)

Verified Review | Flew from Manila to Iloilo. I am giving Cebu Pacific a 10 this time. Online booking was smooth, online check in was ok, ground crew were friendly and proactive in offering the loyalty membership. Cabin crew were friendly and surprisingly both MNL-Iloilo and Iloilo-MNL, minimal delays only. Great job keep it up.
RouteManila to Iloilo