Top 100 Airlines

Cebu Pacific

" all flights almost 4 hours late"

Verified Review | Manila to General Santos, unfortunately, I travelled 6 times with Cebu Pacific this summer and all flights have been almost 4 hours late. No apologies and no action from the airline. Today, the flight time was meant to be 10.00am and no one can tell us how long will be waiting time. They told us the plane will be ready at 11.25, now already telling us that it is expected to reach the terminal at 12.45.
RouteMNL to GES
Date FlownAugust 2016

"money saved is not worth it"

I have flown with Cebu Pacific at least 10 times (that was 10 times too many). They are rarely on-time. Flights are frequently cancelled, mostly delayed by several hours, often re-routed. In my last case, all of the above. Initial flight from Davao to Singapore was cancelled. Rescheduled flight was delayed and then re-routed. Ironically, my perception of the airline is so low, I was relieved I arrived at my final destination only 4-hours late. If you have lots of time and patience and no connecting flight, they are ok. Otherwise, avoid. The money saved is not worth it.
RouteDVO to SIN
Date FlownAugust 2016

"most of my flights with CEB are delayed"

(Philippines)

Verified Review | Puerto Princesa to Manila - I travel frequently through Cebu Pacific. This airlines always boasts about their on time schedules. Unfortunately, most of my flights with CEB are delayed. The airline staff are always announcing that the cause of the delay is the air traffic congestion at the Manila International Airport but for me most of the flights I have been on are the airline's fault. Most of the flights that are delayed are noon to evening flights given that its also peak time for Manila Airport but CEB staff are sometimes not very accommodating and fail to update its passengers about what is happening or what is the cause of the delay. Most of the time, they use gates 131-132 at T3 which means that you have to take a shuttle bus that will lead you to the planes instead of using the air bridge. On this part, CEB is weak but I will still fly CEB because of their new planes and cool games on board.
RoutePPS to MNL
Date FlownMay 2016

"everything was incredibly unqualified"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Kalibo to Hong Kong via Manila with Cenu Pacific. Delayed 5 hours on a flight with an average running time of 45 minutes. I've been on the road because of their incompetence for 13 hours from Borocay to Hong Kong. Everything else on the journey was incredibly unqualified, from airport facilities to air service to crisis management and just the ground crew kindness was outstanding. The plane itself was miserable, tattered and taped panels and leaking air con vents right over me and in other places too. Even luggage delivery in Hong Kong was delayed and that has never happened to me before in such an efficient airport. The delay is fully on charge of management incompetence since there was no environmental situation forcing such delay but just unavailable parking in Manila, according to crew explanation. This definitely was overall the worst trip I ever had in my 20 years traveling.
RouteKLO to HKG via MNL
Date FlownJuly 2016

" I remain very satisfied"

Reading many of the reviews I must be one of the luckiest travellers. Three Cebu Pacific flights in the last few months all MNL-DVO-MNL and all close to time with no dramas. This particular Manila to Davao flight was so empty, it was not how many spare seats but how many spare rows! For the money paid I remain very satisfied with this airline.
RouteMNL to DVO
Date FlownJune 2016

"Avoid if you can"

Verified Review | Woeful. This is a tricky review. We tried to travel on this airline twice, but one of the flights was cancelled, so this review is for the flight we did take, plus the service around the one we didn't. 1st flight (the cancelled one) - Manila to Caticlan (Boracay) 4 June. Arrived at the domestic airport more than 2 hrs before flight knowing Manila airport is a shocker, and wanted to make sure we allowed plenty of time. Joined a slow moving check in queue, wondering why our flight number wasn't displayed. At exactly 2 hrs before flight departure, a garbled voice announced over the PA "Cebu flight DG6243 to Caticlan is cancelled". This was both amusing and worrying, not just cancelled but definitely cancelled ? This was the first we'd heard of it. I happened to look at my phone and lo and behold, a helpful email at the same time alerts me to the cancellation as well. Made it to the front of the queue to be told to join another queue to organise another Cebu Pacific flight. Spending more time at Manila airport than necessary was not appealing, so decided to book another carrier and get a refund from Cebu instead. Misinformation and delays ensued. Ticket office to get refund located outside the terminal, and knowing our new flight would be closing in 30 mins, and stringent security to get back into the terminal, decided to lodge refund request by phone instead. Did this on 5 June, it was approved, and were told it would take a week. Two weeks later still waiting. 2nd Flight - Caticlan to Manila 10 June. Quick checkin this time, though for some reason it took 4 staff to do it ? All giggling and having a great time. Asked if we had a connecting flight from Manila (that should have been a dead giveaway, more later), told them yes, but in 6 hours. Bit of Spanish and more giggling ensued. Boarding passes given, which was a relief. Went upstairs to the waiting lounge and watched our flight go from On Time to Delayed before our eyes, as were all following flights. To be fair, the delay was caused by air traffic in Manila, but would have appreciated to be told at checkin. Flight ended up being only 45 mins delayed, and when the heavens opened, Cebu ground staff gave us umbrellas to walk across the tarmac. I'd booked seats in row 3 looking for a quick getaway, but of course, this particular plane only allowed boarding and disembarkation from the back! Service on board was pretty much non-existent due to the short 1 hr trip, which was fine by me. My hubby's seat was so old he had a steel rod poking him in the back, so he was bolt upright the whole time. The people in row 1 were sitting backwards, facing the people in row 2, never seen anything like it! Avoid if you can. We booked Skyjet as our alternate carrier to Caticlan and they were brilliant. Pricier, but at least we got a plane!
RouteMPH to MNL
Date FlownJune 2016

"friendly and attentive"

Did a round trip with Cebu Pacific, Davao - Cebu - Davao. The trip was on time in both directions. Cabin crew were friendly and attentive. The fare was great value. I would fly with them again. If I did have any complaints it would have been checking in at Davao. It was a shambles, however we managed to board on time.
RouteCEB to DVO
Date FlownMay 2016

"beware of this airline"

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Manila with Cebu Pacific. It's not only on flights that they fail royally but also on loyalty programs. I flew on emergency to Manila via Hong Kong. So I didn't have the time to update my GetGo membership number in the booking I made the same day of my flight. I tried using the missing point claim option they have in their website but it rejected my request so I wrote to them. I received a reply that they will credit my missing points within 3 weeks. It's been more than a month now since getting that reply and still the points are missing. On each follow-up email I sent, they keep on sending me templatized apologies and no genuine action is being done. Is it rocket science to credit unclaimed points really? And oh, that membership doesn't come free unlike with other airlines, you have to pay a fee. And yet they rob you of your rights. Beware of this airline.
RouteHKG to MNL
Date FlownMarch 2016

"pay more with hidden fees"

Verified Review | I had my worst experience with this airline. I was booked from Manila to Cebu on 4/4/16 at 2300. My flight from Japan to Manila landed at 2200 instead of 2055 that night. I had to claim my baggage and I reached at the Cebu Pacific check in counter at 2230. The lady in the counter told me to rebook my ticket. I explained to her that it is not my fault that I was delayed and asked her to let me fly at their 2330 flight. She told me no and the staff in the ticketing counter told me to pay 4900 in addition to what I already paid. Another passenger told me that Cebu Pacific asked 8000 on a 1-way flight that night. It shocked me how heartless and cruel this airline is. They took advantage of the poor people in dire need of getting home that night. I swore not to get a ticket at Cebu Pacific and found a 5680 ticket at PAL. I wasted more money that night for the hotel and the taxi that I booked to stay and to fetch me in Cebu without me. I also noticed that Cebu Pacific advertized a lower cost but you end up paying more with hidden fees. I put 1 star for the rating which means zero to me since there was no option given for the zero.
RouteMNL to CEB
Date FlownApril 2016

"wouldn't recommend them"

(Denmark)

If you have plenty of time and patience then go for Cebu Pacific, otherwise I wouldn't recommend them to anybody. Our flight was 2.5 hours late so we missed our next flight even though we originally would have 3.5 hours between transit. There was almost no information given in the airport and the staff told os both in Puerta Princesa and in Manila that they would contact our connecting flight, which they never did. Staff was not helpful at all in the airport when we needled to quickly be transported from terminal 3 to 1. We heard from many other travelers that this is normal and that they frequently cancel flight if the planes don't get filled up. You get what you pay for.
RoutePPS to MNL