Cathay Pacific Airways

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

I have been on 6 flights in the past two years: two on the YYZ-HKG flight one on the JFK-HKG flight one on the HKG-KIX flight one on the NRT-HKG flight and finally on the HKG-ORD flight. All flights were consistently top- notch and very accommodating. Whenever I called for a steward/stewardess they were speedy and efficient. Food is good although there was less hot foods. Overall I would highly suggest Cathay Pacific to anyone especially for long-haul transpacific flights.

(Hong Kong)

I flew from Narita Airport with CX 501 and the staff service was fabulous. The beef was very tender and juicy. So overall it was the best flight and best service of all the other airlines! I strongly recommend this airline.
Cabin FlownFirst Class

(Hong Kong)

Hong Kong to Narita B777-300ER. The seat is comfortable and one of the best in the world. Boarding was quick and economy seats were plush and comfy. Cabin crew were excellent as always. People who aren't happy with Economy Class service must have been spoilt by First Class too much.

(Spain)

NRT-HKG. A330-300. Check-in and boarding very fast and efficient. Full load but crew proactively help pax to sit. Seat a bit narrow but still quite comfortable for a 5 hour flight. Food not good at all. No choice of hot meal just a chicken with rice and a strange gravy I hardly touched. Crew very friendly and IFE didn't use. Flight back HKG-NRT a few days later a a pretty new 777-300 with the shell seats I found quite spacious and comfortable there was no one sitting next to me so that helped. The male cabin crew attending my zone was friendly and engaging. This time you could opt for pork or pasta. I chose pasta and must say delicious together with a turkey salad which was very tasty. This time I used the IFE and music selection was good but movies had a too small selection in any other language than English. Overall a very good experience and wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

My husband and I recently flew from Melbourne to Rome and returned London to Melbourne arriving yesterday. We were in Economy and the experience was the worst I have had on an International Flight. Two flights were delayed by 3 hours the first resulted in landing in Milan instead of Rome and then on Alitalia to Rome arriving several hours late. The seats were horribly uncomfortable my bottom was numb after a few hours - supposedly their fantastic new shell seats! The fourth flight was on a very old plane no new seats however the backs did not recline at all. Service was appalling cold unfriendly and unhelpful flight attendants. The toilet floors were sticky and wet after a short time and not cleaned All flights had 5-7 hours between meals with no offer of drinks at all. Our one request for a drink of wine outside of meal times was met with a grudging response and a 15 minute wait. The food was average the inflight entertainment basic. The only positive was that the check in staff in Melbourne Milan London and Hong Kong were friendly and welcoming. Never again.

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

Have flown 6 USA to Hong Kong round trips over the past 18 months. First time on Cathay Pacific. The economy premium is a great product. I was lured to it by the seat and by the reputation for great service. They only deliver on the seat. The seat is much nicer than the premium economy seat in any USA-based carrier. By a lot. More legroom more recline slightly bigger screen. But the service is marginal. The attendants are SUPER friendly. But they are never around. They huddle in the far back galley and you need to dodge your way to the back of the plane if you want anything. They make 3 runs through the cabin on a 15 hour flight. I have since read that this is by design. That CP believes that they are offering "privacy" by not coming through the cabin. They seem to want you to ring the call button and that they will handle your requests with friendly urgency. This approach might be appropriate for domestic Chinese flights. But it just doesn't work with flights to/from America where we have been conditioned by surly flight attendants to keep our hands off the button except in cases of extreme emergency. I found myself wondering if I preferred the grouchy but available service of USA- based carriers or instead preferred the friendly but absent service of Cathay Pacific attendants. In the end the seat wins. My observation is that CP really wants to be a great airline and I think they are sincere in trying. They just need to better understand the markets they serve. Food was ok not great. Entertainment options were ok not great. Beverage selection was very poor. Limited choices. Inadequate supply.

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

Flew economy Melbourne to Hong Kong trip to HK was ok but the return was not. Delayed for a couple of hours needed another plane. Service on board was good staff seem remote no smiles. I was surprised to see they seem to be using the older A330 's fleet - might need an upgrade. In all I was disappointed.

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

Recent trip from LHR to HK in PE. Footrest jammed in the up position all the way. Unable to get out of seat without a lot of difficulty. Couldn't even put it down for landing so no chance of brace position if necessary. An all round awful experience. Never again.

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

Have flown 4 round trips all between LAX-HKG-BKK BKK-HKG-LAX. Both old and new business class seats are great but regarding to long haul flights between LAX-HKG the newer one is far better than the old one but not being as spoiled person the old one is still excellent. Even on 15hr 30 min flights it never bored due to excellent food sleeping on flat bed and entertainment. These are in 773ER. The regional flights between HKG-BKK all 773 772 and AB333 seats are not as big as 773ER but still really comfortable for short haul flights. All service are excellent!

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

I am usually a fan of Cathay but they dropped the ball this time. MEL-HKG Scheduled 00.40 am take off came and passed before they let us known there was a problem. Kept telling us they would update us in 15 mins this went on for 2 hours before we received an SMS saying the plane was delayed to 3pm. This saw passengers approach staff at the desk who had no idea what was going on or about the new take off time. Finally they told us the plane needed a part which would be flown in from Brisbane so we would have to go home as there only a few hotel rooms available. After several hours we were given a cab voucher and finally had to leave through immigration and customs all off whom looked really peeved. Left the airport at about 4am to find no taxi's. Melbourne Airport staff made frantic calls to taxi companies. 45 mins later we were on the way home. Up at 11 am to get ready to head back to airport to find an SMS saying the flight was delayed to 10.30 pm that night. Finally boarded to find another problem with plane which thankfully they fixed and off we went. Service on board was fine PE seats ok with added leg room. Far to tired to care and tried to sleep most of the way. Cathay staff at Melbourne lost the plot when confronted with a problem. Get your act together.