Cathay Pacific Airways

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

KUL-HKG. Found things pleasant. New plane with responsive staff. Used FF so paid a small fee to cover taxes.

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

JFK-HKG. Took the same flight last year. Newer plane with acceptable seat. Flight 99% full. Biggest issue is timing of meals. Flight left at 2pm first meal started before 4pm and second/last meal at 10pm. No further meals for next 8 hours. some snack available but not enough to keep the belly occupied. Will not fly this flight again. Return flight was more standard with both meals spaced properly.

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

Business Class LHR to AKL. LHR to Hong Kong leg was with Cathay and the HK to AKL leg provided by Air NZ as code share. On the whole Cathay was superior with the exception of the food which was excellent on Air NZ. Cathay business class seating provided excellent space and storage and the configuration 1x2x1 with each seat angled away from the aisle ensured privacy. This contrasted with Air NZ which had less storage and not as much privacy as seats have lower screens and are angled towards each other. The Air NZ lie flat bed with mattress was comfortable but requiring the crew to make up the bed was an irritation. The inflight entertainment was far superior on Cathay Pacific. The Air NZ controls were very dated and the screen was small compared to other airlines. Overall service from flight crew was very good with both airlines. Disappointing that a lounge pass was not provided at check-in because of the codeshare status and I was instructed to use the Air NZ lounge at Hong Kong but on arrival discovered Air NZ shares the Thai lounge which was disappointing to say the least. Codeshare also meant that I couldn't check in on line for the non Cathay legs. I chose the code share flight combination as it offered the opportunity to experience two different business class services. Next time I would select flights only from Cathay pacific as Air NZ was disappointing. I understand that the Hong Kong to AKL route is provided by older fleet and it felt like it.

(Philippines)

Cathay's cabins on regional flights were in need of a re-do and a clean up. Cathay has rolled out a new "regional business class" seat that has partially addressed the upgrade but has totally ignored passenger comfort in the seat. First the seat is hard. On a short sector Manila/Hong Kong I found the seat uncomfortably hard and actually found my back aching. How can they have padded the seat so sparsely? Secondly the seat does offer some recline and an opportunity to snooze although not quite enough especially if one is tall. I'm short 5'8" and my feet were bumping the apparatus in front of me that housed the next seats. Truly 2" more of leg room would have been very good and one wonders why Cathay made the pitch so tight. Thirdly the seat has no foot rest - a true failing. How did this happen? In all Cathay's service is good and attentive but the seat in the new regional business class needs a respectable amount of padding 2" more pitch and a place to rest one's feet when reclined!

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

We travelled on Business Class from Singapore to Colombo. Tickets were booked on expedia. There were some confusion over the name on the boarding pass and passport. Staff at check-in assured us that it had been changed after an argument but found out that it had not. Departure from Singapore was delayed an hour. Now departure from Colombo has also been delayed for an hour. Staff at check-in should be less surly. The airline should maintain a level of punctuality.

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

Flew SYD-HKG on a codeshare so didn't pay CX prices but this was by far the best carrier of the trip. Staff are attentive and pleasant nothing is too much trouble for them and seat (A330) was very comfortable. If I could afford it I'd definitely fly the whole trip to NZ and back with Cathay.

(Hong Kong)

CX548 HKG-HND Premium Economy. This is a 777-300ER. I like this aircraft because it has a separate washroom in the Premium Economy Cabin. This is the second time that I have taken Premium Economy from HKG to HND. On ground welcome drink is nice. Food is ok but it can improve a bit. Cabin crews are nice and friendly. As usually Cathay Pacific flights on-time. If they add a mid-night flight from HKG to HND will be better just like CX524 HKG-NRT.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

YVR-JFK round trip. This flight is a bit weird because it carries passengers from HKG to JFK via YVR. It collects some passengers from YVR to JFK. Captain greeted passengers with weather and flight information. Flight to JFK was full but flight crew served drinks and food together then with another round of drinks before shutting off the lights to let people sleep. An hour before landing flight crew walked the aisles with water jugs to serve water. On the way back from JFK to YVR the flight was only a third full. Check-in staff gave me a full row to myself. My phone charger broke so I asked for one and the FA gave me her personal charger. The 777 has touch screen entertainment with USB access massive collection of movies and TV shows. Good airline overall the HKG-YVR-JFK route however is mostly going to be a red eye flight the return flight was less stressful.

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

HKG-TPE. I have travelled several times with Cathay Pacific and I am always very impressed with their service. On my return flight I arrived early at the airport. At the check-in they told me that my flight was slightly delayed. Because they feared that I might miss my connection to Europe in Hong Kong they automatically rebooked me on the flight one hour earlier very professional! The flight experience itself was as always impeccable.

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

I have travelled Cathay Pacific in the past and enjoyed the experience but have to say my last two flights from Perth to Hong Kong then Hong Kong to Tokyo Haneda were very average. The plane was looking old (in economy noted that first class and business looked like they had been renovated). My entertainment system did not work on the first flight. Rarely have I found an airline meal so bad I would not eat it but the Hake was disgusting and the scrambled eggs the next morning also awful. On the first flight the cabin crew were abrupt I realise it was a full flight but I still expect pleasantness. The service was minimal and seemed rushed and a bit sloppy. I thought it might have been just me but when I caught up with my husband and son who had flown the same route two days earlier we laughed because they too had exactly the same experience. I'm hoping to enjoy my return trip in a weeks time more.