Cathay Pacific Airways

(Hong Kong)

Just returned to HK from JFK on CX 831. As usual CX service food condition of the cabin etc. were all top notch and we had a great flight.

(China)

Shanghai to Taipei via HK. The boarding process was normal the service is given on family name terms. The food is nice looking but the quantity is not enough. FAs walk around the cabin every 3 minutes asking whether you need anything. They are nice and talkative. Felt at home on board.

(Hong Kong)

HKG to Sydney. Flight was on Airmiles. Lounge lovely as boarding boarding fine and economy cabin was clean and fresh. Great crew throughout really helpful. Food nice all thought and the AVOD is excellent. PE class almost empty asked if I could pay for upgrade told no. Excellent Cathay service.

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

I flew CP from Seoul to Narita Japan last year in 1st class. Staff were exceptionally solicitous and almost desperate to help in any way they could. Everyone was very polite. Cabin was spotlessly clean and very well- appointed. Food was delicious. Service was superb. Cannot fault it.
Cabin FlownFirst Class

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

I have just got back to Melbourne from Rome via Hong Kong flying and I was very disappointed. The food was terrible myself my husband and our son could hardly eat any of the meals and when asked if they had any crackers they said the only snack they can offer is peanuts or noodles. Flight CX929 from Rome to Hong Kong after pressing my button for assistance and waiting over 45 mins I noticed people walking to the back of the plane and coming back with drinks? A fellow passenger informed me there was only one stewardess on duty and we had to get the drinks ourselves. As to the snacks offered you can imagine my surprise when my husband came to me and offered chocolate bars. He said the stewardess offered them to him. I must however say that our flight from HK to Melbourne was nothing like this there were lots of staff on duty except food was just as terrible and snacks offered were peanuts and noodles.

(Hong Kong)

CX 506 from HKG to KIX on 31/7 and CX 567 return on 7/8. Flew a 22-year old B747-400 on the first flight. Shell seat was not a problem for me. Food (pasta) was good and a wide-selection of inflight entertainment. Staff were really mediocre not outstanding. Flew on a 10-year old A330-300 on the return flight. Seat was fine although quite narrow. Old inflight entertainment system and only a few channels to choose from. Food was edible. Staff were not impressive and I should say definitely below Cathay Pacific standard for both flights. Ground staff at Hong Kong International Airport were fair but the check-in staff at Kansai International Airport was excellent and helpful.

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

BKK-HKG. Took the 1.20am Thursday July 26 CX706 red-eye from BKK-HKG. Plane took off about 2am. I took a chance and didn't bother to book the emergency exit seat and it paid off as there was plenty of room for me to lay out across the 3 seats in the centre section. Plane had the new economy seating and much more comfortable than the old shell seats. Leg room much better than the hopeless alternative on Thai Air. Staff as usual helpful and attentive. Silly little snack packs provided but at that time of the morning not too bothered. Overall pleasant flight.

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

AKL to Hong Kong [partial return of my July journey]. Airbus 340/300 with the coffin like seats I have commented on before. I struggle to see why Cathay are a 5* airline. Again I find the service to be OK but just OK. I missed out on a pre take off drink because no one noticed I had arrived and sat down. After that the service is functional but not pro active. You needed to get up and ask for anything and again I saw no cabin walk through. This was a 12 hour mid day flight so they served lunch and then after 6 hours [with 6 to go] they served dinner which very few wanted [most were asleep] and then after the main course that was it - nothing more. Strange. The next part of the journey home is later today this will be the new business class on the Boeing 777. Overall if the price was very good then I would use them again but other far east and middle east airlines are ahead of the game. Not overly impressed mainly because of the lack of service.

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

The last leg of my 4 flights (LHR-AKL via Hong Kong return) for those of you that have been following me. Really just the same comments. The new business class seat on the 777 is brilliant and very much ahead of other airlines especially with the 1x2x1 seating. Great comfort storage and privacy also great to have two biz cabins one with only 2 rows in (always get that one if you can). However the service on the ground and in the air still seems just 'OK' and leaves me pondering on how they maintain their 5* rating. Food was very good but lack of service in the cabin makes me think that I will always only fly them again for a very good price and the seat so long as I can get the window one. Other Middle East and Far East airlines offer a better overall product for a premium passenger.

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

Recently completed a round trip on SFO-HKG-MAA sector in Premium Economy. Outbound was on 777 and return on 747. Outbound we managed to get front row seats which were extremely comfortable roomy. Return we had two seats in the front and two in back but we swapped with fellow passengers so all four of us sat in the last row. The front row seats had much less room than 777. If you want front row seats make sure you get the side rows and not the center. In 777 it makes no difference as there is a ton of room in both center and side row seats. Food is not bad for Indian vegetarian. Toiletry bag is of inferior quality compared to Emirates Economy and SQ economy. CX offers the shortest connection to MAA from west coast. Flying time of roughly 13 hours to HKG and 12 hours return to SFO. HKG to MAA and return is roughly 5 hours. Service is pretty decent although SQ rates higher IMHO. Premium Economy is worth if you get front row seats otherwise not sure unless you are unable to fit comfortably in Economy seats.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy