Cathay Pacific Airways

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

I flew on CX 889 from Vancouver to Hong Kong and found that the seats are too cramped and very uncomfortable. It was a Boeing 777-300ER plane and the seats were badly modified to make them closer to each other probably to accommodate more passengers. After the flight I couldn't walk as my legs became swollen due the cramped seating positions. My previous flights with Cathay Pacific weren't like this at all the seats were less congested and there were more leg room. On other recent flights like CX 2710 from Colombo to Singapore it was the same plane model Boeing 777-300ER yet the seats and leg rooms are adequate. (5hrs flight journey). Hope that Cathay can make amends on the seats for the flights to and from Vancouver.

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

Dubai to Tokyo Haneda via Hong Kong. Price wise from Dubai Cathay is the best value for money to fly anywhere in Asia and given the fact that the first experiment went well I didn't hesitate to go for the next one. I was right again. Cathay is outstanding value for money to travel in Asia from Dubai. The first leg from Dubai to Hong Kong was flown on a 330-300 fairly new with the newest business class which is equivalent to first class in terms of comfort. Fully flat lie beds with a huge monitor plentiful of entertainment and nice environment. Service on- board is excellent. Service is prompt and flight assistants were excellent. The second leg was flown by an older 747 with an old seat configuration it can still convert into an 180 degrees bed but in my opinion it's not as comfortable for a 6 foot tall passenger even worse if the person is robust. In my case it was more than comfortable and the trip lasts between 3.5 and 4 hours. With a vast variety of lounges the waiting time at HK airport is no issue. Overall a wonderful experience and with these fares I'd only opt for Cathay for my Asian trips.

(Malaysia)

I flew to and from KL-HK-KL. Flight was delayed 2 hours ex-KLIA. Cabin was very hot both ways. Food is below average. Inflight entertainment is below par. At both airports check in took a while even though it was only to drop off the bag. All in the experience was average. I have had better experiences in other airlines.

(Thailand)

DOH-HKG Airbus 330-300. Business Class. It is many years since I was a Diamond member of Cathay this is my first flight with them for nearly 15 years. Although the service was good they have gone downhill since my last journey. The seats are a strange design almost coffin like the food is pretty average as is the wine choice. No sleepwear like Qatar. The juice is carton not fresh. Overall although a safe trip not worth the money they charge.

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

Last year I flew from Sydney to Hong Kong the flight was delayed 2 hours which wasn't too bad. Onboard the flight the food was good for an economy class ticket the seats where comfortable and the entertainment was excellent. The flight attendants were very nice pleasant and helpful. Overall the flight was good and pleasant and I would recommend that anyone who's deciding on an airline to fly on should consider flying Cathay Pacific Airways.

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

My flight from SIN-HKG was terrible. There was no food and no in-flight entertainment system. Flight was delayed by 24 hours.

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

My family and I just flew from YYZ-HKG-KUL in February 2014. I must say it was a very long flight from YYZ-HKG. The check-in was very smooth and we got the boarding passes for both our sectors right at YYZ. The flight was wonderful. The IFE the meals the flight crew were all top notch. The cabin crew were very friendly and caring. Their service was exceptional. There were enough snacks made available to the passengers throughout the flight. The seating was okay. The kids really enjoyed the IFE contents. The transit at HKG was pretty quick and our next flight from HKG-KUL was excellent as well. Overall were had a wonderful flight on both sectors. Thanks to the wonderful crew of Cathay Pacific for making our flight an enjoyable one and I would definitely be flying with them again.

(New Zealand)

Flew from CDG to HKG and HKG to AKL return. The service was excellent. I had swollen legs from the first flight and a customer service rep helped me get a visa in to Hong Kong so I could see a doctor and then got me extra legroom on the next flight. Flight attendants checked on me every 20 minutes or so and got me extra blankets and water as needed. I was very taken care of and they went the extra mile. Overall all 4 flights were great: on time with good food and excellent entertainment. Seats weren't great- the life vest thing is in the seatbelt - but it's economy class. The bathrooms were cleaned often so were sparkling. Overall 4 excellent flights and I would happily take them again.

(Philippines)

BAH-MNL delivered a superb service. Cabin crew always friendly and approachable. Inflight entertainment excellent only downside of this particular trip for me was the food as I am not a fan of duck and salmon. This was my 7th time flying with them 8th next month and I cant think of any reason why I wont fly with them for the 9th 10th and so on.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

Cathay Pacific Airways customer review

HKG-LHR 25th April 2014 CX253. The first time I have flown with Cathay Pacific and it won't be the last. Excellent service throughout. Flew outward premium economy and flew back with business class. Aircraft was clean and tidy but the cabin crew were the stars of the show very attentive and pleasant without being too enthusiastic if you know what I mean. The food was excellent in both in premium economy and business class but business class certainly has the edge with the comfort and privacy. My wife doesn't normally sleep well when travelling in aircraft however the fully reclining seat was a great bonus which allowed her to get a few hours of good sleep. In comparison with other airlines I have travelled with the service that Cathay Pacific provides gives it that little bit extra. We can all say the seats are hard or the food needs a little bit extra but at the end of the day it is the staff who can make or break a journey and for me the staff certainly made it for me.