Cathay Pacific Airways

"worst airline I have ever been on"

Trip Verified | Bali to Gatwick via Hong Kong. This airline has to be the worst airline I have ever been on. The cabin crew spoilt the journey for me and my partner. They were rude, miserable and uninterested. You did not see any crew apart from when it was meal time which was so disorganised. If you wanted another drink apart from your meal one you had to get up and walk to the back where all of them were standing around chatting and laughing to ask them for one but only a small amount of water was offered. I tried to be helpful with our dinner trays and was told not to do it again as it was not helpful! When I was putting my hand luggage up in the locker a stewardess barged past me making me fall into the seats. The list goes on and on. I think it says something about the airlines attitude to their passengers, that only first class and premier fliers are welcomed onto the plane in your PA announcements. I would guess that economy passengers make far more income for the airline as a whole and maybe you should consider treating them with a little more respect.
RouteBali to Gatwick via Hong Kong

"I will fly them again"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Hong Kong. The Boeing 777-300ER is usually reserved for long distance travel, the seat was quite comfortable. From check in at terminal 4 Changi till landing in HKG was pretty smooth. Terminal 4 had a different security procedure than the other terminals (liquids out, laptops and iPads in!). Service was pretty good, I was recognized as an emerald member which to me shows that the crew are diligent and attentive. Food was usual for economy but I liked the ice cream touch at the end. Entertainment system on board has the latest movies and even some unique chinese films I thought. There was no WiFi in the plane. I will fly them again.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteSingapore to Hong Kong
Date FlownNovember 2017

"service is attentive and generally excellent"

Not Verified | London to Shanghai via Hong Kong. The first-class cabin, with just six seats, is great. The wine list, led by Krug, is excellent, though short. The on-board service is attentive and generally excellent. After you kick off the meal with caviar, the food is disappointing. I realize that preparing food in the air presents particular challenges, but I don't know why airlines serve overcooked and underseasoned dishes. My main gripe with Cathay is with the ground service, which is non-existent. The First lounges are hard to find and not worth the trouble as the service and food are limited and worse than in business. For goodness sake: Even at the home airport of Hong Kong, there was no help with finding how to transit or to find the lounge. The low point for me was when I finally found the right place to transit, I was sent back to the CX desk because my boarding pass wouldn't scan. (The onward business-class flight from Hong Kong to Shanghai was excellent.) Next time, I'll fly business.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteLondon to Shanghai via Hong Kong

"entertainment was great"

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to London. Awesome experience, we got upgraded from Premium Economy. The seat was comfortable, loads of legroom, lie flat beds, warm blanket, very attentive service and lovely food. In flight entertainment was great (including 3D golf!). Very helpful crew, just the right level of personalisation. Such a memorable experience, would recommend this airline.
RouteHong Kong to London
Date FlownNovember 2017

"economy seats were dreadful"

Verified Review | I flew Cathay Pacific last Feb from Hong Kong to Tokyo and was looking forward to their new A350 from Newark to Hong Kong. The airline boarding experience was chaotic. The on board ambiance and professional service was outstanding. The aircraft is truly wonderful. The economy seats were nothing short of dreadful. They have to be the narrowest seats on any airline. I managed to book premium economy on the return flight which proved to be outstanding, I guess in reality Cathay is offering coach and steerage. I will fly them again, but will save my pennies for the essential upgrade.
RouteNewark to Hong kong
Date FlownNovember 2017

"Cathay Pacific at its best"

Verified Review | Boston to Hong Kong. With a flying time of 15.45 hours this is one of the longest routes in Cathay Pacific's network and I was bracing for the worst as I was going to travel in economy class. However it turned out to be a very pleasant experience thanks to the hardworking and friendly crew. Dinner was served shortly after take-off and a couple hours later there was a snack-service with cup noodles. The western style breakfast served two hours prior arrival was tasty and plentiful. What impressed me the most on this flight was how well-groomed the crew appeared, even after having been on duty for more than 14 hours. I stepped off the plane feeling refreshed and ready for a full day of duties ahead. This was Cathay Pacific at its best.
RouteBoston to Hong Kong
Date FlownNovember 2017

"nice flights with great service"

Verified Review | Kansai to Bangkok via Hong Kong. Check in at Kansai was quick and efficient as was security priority line. After having a look around the shops proceeded to the lounge and although quiet the 3rd party lounge used by CX is nothing special. Boarding from gate 3 on to a clean aircraft although appeared a little old configured in 2-3-2 reginoinal business class was comfortable enough for this flight, seat 14A had enough room to relax pre departure drinks etc provided. Once airborne a full meal service offered which was very good and enjoyed by both myself and partner. Managed 2 hours sleep during the 3hr 30min flight arriving in HKG on time. Used the CX Bridge lounge during the 2hr transit which was very nice with good food offering showers etc. Flight to BKK boarded from gate 31 a pretty old looking regional 777 but clean flight was full but again pre departure drinks and towels offered departed on time once airborne a lunch was served which wasn't as good as the first flight but okay. Arrived BKK a little late but otherwise 2 very nice flights with great service from ground and air crew I will be looking to use CX again long haul when I travel again.
RouteKansai to Bangkok via Hong Kong

"The service was great"

Verified Review | Bangkok to Hong Kong. This was part of a connecting flight to Boston. Cathay changed aircraft type on this route to an A330-300, a two class version with no Premium Economy class( which I had booked ), only business (regional class business) and economy. I was happy to learn that Cathay reassigned me to a business seat, and provided me with business class lounge access in both Bangkok and Hong Kong, all without me asking. The online and ground communication were great. The service was great. Staff were professional and courteous. The flight was 2.5 hours, but a full meal and drink service were provided. Their regional class business seat is far better than US domestic first or business class product. However, you still have to climb over your neighbor to access the aisle.
AircraftA330-300 (33P)
RouteBangkok to Hong Kong
Date FlownNovember 2017

"time to consider another choice"

(Japan)

Verified Review | CX260, Paris CDG to Hong Kong. I can’t believe this is a 4-star airline because there were quite lousy moments. To begin with, check-in at CDG was unsatisfactory. After using their automated check-in, we were to drop our suitcases. We are small-framed females, but the man at the counter did not help us putting the suitcases on the drop-in counter at all. He was just watching and waiting for us to lift our suitcases even after we repeatedly asked for help. We told him that my sister broke her wrist and was unable to lift the suitcase. Only after that, he finally very reluctantly helped us. On board, our seats were far back in the cabin, but not the very last in the row. During the meal service, an FA in our aisle started to serve the meal from the front, but she was slower than the FA serving the meal for the other aisle. Finally, another FA started to serve the meal to people sitting behind us. We were the last ones being served and consequently ended up not getting the choice of meal. The FA offered fish, saying "it’s low cal" as if we need to save our caloric intake! Being the last ones to get served and not getting what we wanted made us very unhappy. The entertainment is OK. The aircraft was a bit old. Meal quality is mediocre. I’ve flown with CX several times, but maybe it’s time to consider another choice.
RouteParis CDG to Hong Kong

"smooth and perfect"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | The whole flight from Hong Kong to Taipei was totally seamless. No queues in check in counter The flight was delayed for a few minutes due to traffic control but I could still reach the destination slightly ahead of schedule. The food for after tea time was good and the crew was very efficient. IFE was still always with the updated movie selections. Baggage could be collected immediately after immigration. the whole process was really smooth and perfect
RouteHong Kong to Taipei