Cathay Pacific Airways

"experience was satisfactory"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Hong Kong. The flight was delayed for around 4 hours. Cathay Pacific did notify me the day before departure of the delay and provided a USD15 worth of meal voucher to be spent at SFO, which was just enough to cover one meal at the terminal. The in-flight experience was satisfactory: meals were delicious for economy class and the cup noodle was a must-try. The flight time was shortened and we arrived at HKG a bit earlier than expected. Baggage claim was quick: the bags were already arriving when I cleared immigration.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteSan Francisco to Hong Kong
Date FlownMay 2018

"meals served a bit slowly"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to San Francisco. The overall experience was satisfactory. Check-in was smooth but I could not say the same for boarding procedure. There was no line for Marco Polo Club Green Member so most people were stuck in Economy line. There was no zoned boarding procedure for a B777 economy class, which was somehow unbelievable, so you might imagine the long queue at the gate which extended further to two adjacent boarding gates. The in-flight experience was fine: meals were served a bit slowly probably due to large numbers of customised meal choice. Cabin crew were often busy rushing back and forth to deliver customised meals first before serving the rest ordinary ones. Entertainment content was very up-to-date and contained much to choose from. Pre-landing information was accurate and clear.
AircraftB777-300ER
RouteHong Kong to San Francisco
Date FlownMay 2018

"made to feel very special"

Trip Verified | k to Melbourne via Hong Kong. Never flown this far before so decided to go Business Class. What a joy this was. From the time we boarded at Gatwick we were made to feel very special. When my husband had a problem with his on board entertainment monitor the technician was on it immediately. Unfortunately it could not be fixed. The cabin manager was very apologetic. She then issued $100 U.S. as compensation in Cathay Pacific vouchers. On changing in Hong Kong all went well. Food and service excellent. Punctuality spot on. Would definitely fly with them again, All the equipment worked on the return flights and connections seamless. I use a wheelchair in airports and stations. This worked extremely well. Return journey was seamless and punctual. We agreed to swap seats with a family who we we separated due a last minute change of aircraft, we thought nothing of this. The new seats suited us better. At the end of the journey we were presented with a complimentary box of chocolates. A really nice gesture.
AircraftA350 / Boeing 777
RouteGatwick to Melbourne via Hong Kong

"My flight was great"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Hong Kong. Check-in was a breeze, just a short line. The boarding was on time, the purser was one of the friendliest I have experienced. The food on this flight was the best airline meal I have had. I chose the vegetarian pasta meal and it was delicious. IFE had great options and was very responsive, new releases included some movies which are still in cinema. The 777-300ER was quite new with amazing legroom. Picking a red eye flight with Cathay Pacific isn't that bad because they provide you with the amenities that you need, even though you have to request for the toothbrush and hairbrush. We landed in Hong Kong on time. My flight was great.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteMelbourne to Hong Kong
Date FlownApril 2018

"they are going downhill"

Trip Verified | Flew Hong Kong to London Heathrow. Although I generally like Cathay, I do believe they are going downhill. The cabin could do with some updating, the food was only OK with 2 meals served on a 13 hour flight, and the flight attendants largely unavailable. The IFE was only so so. I am a One World Emerald member but this is rarely if ever acknowledged on Cathay.
RouteHong Kong to London Heathrow
Date FlownMay 2018

"a brand spanking new Airbus"

Trip Verified | Flew Manila to Hong Kong with Cathay Pacific Airways. This was a brand spanking new Airbus. The seats were new and very comfortable and the Flight Attendants were extremely helpful. The food was excellent and overall this was a nice experience for a short flight.
RouteManila to Hong Kong
Date FlownMay 2018

"Ultimately lodged a complaint"

Trip Verified | Overnight flight from Delhi to Hong Kong. A cabin crew was recklessly moving the meal trolley by hitting my seat arm rest and spilled a glass of coke on myself. She didn't attempt to do any damage control except some tissue paper on me. Wanted to speak to a manger but she brought in another colleague who offered no real help. Ultimately lodged a complaint via CX web site but their complaint handling process wasn't up to scratch either.
RouteDelhi to Hong Kong

"Food was very good"

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to San Francisco. I had a 3hrs transit in HKG, I came from MNL. Boarding was very messy, I wasn’t expecting that we have another security check when boarding the plane. Food was very good, but it’s super hot. Desserts were given after the main course. Snacks were complementary, you can have snacks anytime throughout the flight. The inflight entertainment system of Cathay is the best for me because of its content, I pushed the flight attendant button for the Snacks, the FA was already in my row, after a second I pushed the button. The A350 is an excellent choice for a long haul flight! 2hrs before we land we had breakfast, the food in Economy was the best food i’ve ever had with Cathay. Landed in SF earlier than expected arrival time.
AircraftA350-900
RouteHong Kong to San Francisco
Date FlownApril 2018

"check in staff quite rude"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Beijing via Hong Kong. Sydney check in staff was quite rude. Overall flight was great. My transfer in HKIA was less than 40 min but HKIA airport made it. I managed to get the luggage in Beijing in my flight which was kind of miracle to myself.
RouteSydney to Beijing via Hong Kong
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"A350 is a very good plane"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to Hong Kong. It’s my 1st time flying Cathay Pacific. The flight to Hong Kong was a little bit delayed because the aircraft came about 30 mins before our scheduled boarding time, A350 is a very good plane! Boarding was so messy, unorganized. Only a burrito was given and a cookie, I was expecting that they’re gonna serve us a full meal, for short haul flight, but IFE was good. Flight attendants were not so nice, they are not even greeting the passengers, when we’re boarding.
AircraftA350-900