Best Cabin Crew

Cathay Pacific Airways

"great selection of movies"

Cathay Pacific Airways from Sydney to Hong Kong. The food was lovely, it tasted really nice, IFE was very responsive and had a great selection of movies. The aircraft was very new and the seats were fantastic. The cabin crew were a mixed bag, some were lovely and smiling, some spoke bad English and looked as though they didn't want to be there. All in all, it's a pretty good airline but in my opinion overrated.
RouteSydney to Hong Kong

"quite an experience"

Frankfurt to Shanghai via Hong Kong with Cathay Pacific. Stunning experience. The flight from Frankfurt to Hong Kong in business class with CX let me forget the long distance. The seat was spacious, extremely comfortable and in sleeping position offered me privacy and separation from other passengers. Food and beverages served outstanding, cabin staff was present but discreet. Entertainment program matched highest expectations. Outstanding was CX business lounge in HKK, with shower possibilities, a full equipped and clean and tidy bathroom and nice breakfast. Traveling CX in business was quite an experience and probably my best business class long distance flight experience so far.
RouteFRA to PVG via HKG
Date FlownJuly 2015

"should have done more"

My wife had broke her ankle he day before traveling back from the Philippines - 2 short journeys to HKG and then the long flight home. In the airport we had our wheel chair taken off us to go through security! My wife then had to hop around the airport until our flight, I asked if it would be possible to have extra leg room for my wife (we were not after a free upgrade) just so she could raise her leg. We were told no, there were none available. There were spare seats with extra leg room on the flight - I took note of these and when I put in my complaint (after standing in the isle for 2 hrs and being in the way) I was offered a seat with extra leg room. Very cross that they could and should have done more for a lady with a broken ankle - took a lot to get them to agree this, should have happened on the flight. We now have upgrades for next flight to be used within 1 year (as if we travel to HKG all the time).
RouteLHR to HKG
Date FlownMay 2015

"delayed for 11 hours"

(Hong Kong)

I booked Cathay Pacific from Hong Kong to Surabaya on 31st January 2016. The flight was supposed to depart at 3:15pm, allowing passengers to land Surabaya on the same day at 7:00pm. Finally, the flight was delayed for 11 hours. This made me have no choice but cancel all meetings on Monday. There was no weather condition problem in Hong Kong nor Surabaya. Cathay Pacific did nothing to help us, not arranging another flight or connecting us with other transit.
RouteHKG to SUB

"a great experience"

I flew Cathay Pacific premium economy class from Sydney to Hong Kong and back. Overall it was a great experience with excellent cabin crew service and comfy seats. However, the downside is that the food can be improved. However, premium economy is still worth the extra price that you pay for and I would fly them any day.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER / A330
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteSYD to HKG
Date FlownJuly 2015

"service was excellent"

(Poland)

Bangkok to Hong Kong and were impressed with Cathay Pacific from the start. We were transiting in Hong Kong (with a long wait at Bangkok) and the check-in assistant was very helpful. He even tried to get us onto an earlier flight. The cases were checked in right through to our final destination and all 3 boarding passes were issued and presented in a nice "transit in Hong Kong" folder. The flight was delayed by about 40mins but the the crew were very apologetic. The British Captain was very pleasant and informative and always kept us up to date. He even apologised for the rather turbulent flight but said we shouldn't be surprised as there was an 80mph wind on our tail. The aircraft was only a year old and was extremely modern and clean. The seats were very comfortable and had an excellent recline angle. The service was excellent. I was surprised that even on a short 2 hr flight there was a full meal and full entertainment service with in-seat screen. Wish we could fly with them again.
RouteBKK to HKG
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"cabin service not great"

Frankfurt to Hong Kong and this Cathay Pacific flight was a pleasure. Check in at FRA was a very nice experience. This was a weekend lunchtime departure and the area at Frankfurt Airport near the gate was quiet, even though the retail areas of the airport were busy. The economy class seats on Boeing 777s are very good, and once aboard, I was able to sleep and work. The meals are good and I did not go hungry. On this flight they served lunch and breakfast. I would not say cabin service is great, but they did their job.
RouteFRA to HKG

"cabin service was okay"

Hong Kong to Los Angeles on Cathay Pacific's 4-class Boeing 777-300ER was a nice flight and the seat was comfortable. The ground staff at the gate on this occasion ensure passengers kept to the correct queue by fare class pre-boarding. As with any flight to the USA, the usual procedure at the departure gate is to have ground staff open bags and check the contents (again) of the cabin luggage after the ticket swipe. Boarding on Cathay long haul is usually reasonably quick once commenced. I chose a window seat toward the rear. For economy class, the seat width and pitch is ok, nothing to complain about, meaning better than normal. The meals are nice. Apart from specially ordered meals, Cathay normally give two cuisine options per meal: Chinese and Western, and an ice cream for desert. I usually choose the Chinese option. IFE choices on this occasion were adequate but not great. Cabin service was okay, they did what they were supposed to do.
RouteHKG to LAX

"no refills offered"

Manchester to Hong Kong with Cathay Pacific. Seat was comfortable once you get used to the angled layout in business class. Flight was 11 hours 25 minutes. Received one cocktail, one glass wine with meal and only one bread roll with meals. No refills offered. You had to ask for anything else, including water. Meals were lukewarm. Staff were friendly but functional. Disappointing service level compared to middle eastern carriers. Brand new aircraft, but no wifi.
RouteMAN to HKG

"very cramped seating"

B-HLF. Flew Hong Kong to Manila with Cathay Pacific Airways. Tired cabin with lots of plastic and cloth instead of leather that was chapped and weathered. Very cramped seating and very short seats made it unusually difficult to tuck my bag under the seat. TV screen was tiny like a smartphone and slightly out of focus. Very limited movie and music selection. Departure gate required taking a train. Was disappointing to find that the online shopping catalogue does not match the inflight magazine range. In fact unlike the online catalogue there is no section dedicated to CX branded items - most of which although still advertised are long sold out. A few things that I did like however was the power plug which allowed me to recharge my phone. The docking area once in Manila which was very efficient. The efficiency of managing bookings online.
AircraftA330-300