Cathay Pacific Airways

"only positive thing is their legroom"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | This is my second time to take Cathay Pacific flying from Manila to San Diego via Hong Kong. The food served was really bad with an after taste not to mention the fact that the flight was 2.5 hrs delayed. We were held inside the aircraft for 2hrs and the other 30mins was due to late boarding. I wont take Cathay Pacific anymore. The only positive thing is their legroom which is more spacious than other airlines.
RouteManila to San Diego via Hong Kong

"cabin looked stunning"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Hong Kong with Cathay Pacific Airways. The aircraft was an A330. The ground staff explained that the flight will be delayed. Onboard, the seating looks old but still comfortable. The IFE had a lot of choices. We were served with a cold sandwich on a very early flight. The flight attendants were attentive but doesn’t feel friendly. Hong Kong to Manila, the aircraft is a B777. The cabin looked stunning as the plane was new. The IFE was very nice, same contents as the first flight but the system is much easier to operate. The seats are comfotable too. We were served with a warm cheese and bacon roll for breakfast. The FAs are attentive and looked enthusiastic to work. Both flights has no wifi.
AircraftA330-300 / Boeing 777-300
RouteJakarta to Manila via Hong Kong

"cabin crew are helpful"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to Taipei. Travel with baby in the trip. The inflight service is good. Although the aircraft is quite old an regional seating. The cabin crew are helpful. The entertainment of the plane provide latest films, however, the flight time is not enough for a 120 min movie. The flight is smooth.
RouteHong Kong to Taipei

"Cathay cares so little"

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to Zurich. Amazing that Cathay cares so little about their business class passengers that they on a 12 hours night flight could not speed up their first leg connecting flight (of 3 hours) by 10 min or delay their connecting flight by 10 min and catch up over the following 12 hours. Instead they bumped 2 business class passengers and sent us over Manchester and then Manchester to Zurich. Our advice - don’t fly Cathay if you can at all avoid it - that is the only way we as passengers can ensure they care in the future.
RouteHong Kong to Zurich
Date FlownJuly 2018

"seat product is spacious"

Trip Verified | This is one of the most fantastic airlines. The seat product is spacious, and it provides a reasonable amount of privacy, which is what business class travellers need. The portion of the food was acceptable and snacks were also included, so passengers would not get hungry during the journey. I visited lounge C at London Heathrow Airport, and it is an amazing lounge. The ambience and environment provided a lot of comfort, and the choice of food tended towards the Hong Kong and Asian Style, which were very pleasing to see in a high reputation airline. Cabin crew were all very willing to serve. However, the in-flight announcement was not clear. Overall, I had a very enjoyable time with Cathay Pacific.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteLondon to Hong Kong
Date FlownJuly 2018

"seats were very comfortable "

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to Singapore. A very high efficient ground service and immigration in Hong Kong Airport. Flight departed on time, I was impressed by the catering on the flight. The fruit and desserts were really impressive. Cabin staff was friendly and the business class seats were very comfortable with a flat bed. WiFi was also available on the plane together with a excellent inflight entertainment system. However, the immigration service in Singapore airport was a bit slow.
RouteHong Kong to Singapore

"Uncomfortable seating"

Trip Verified | I take a Flight from Duesseldorf to Hong Kong. Online checkin not possible. Checkin on Counter are ok, staff are friendly but seated in the last Row. During the flight the cabin was very cold. Crew only provide a second blanket. The food was served almost cold because I sit in the last row. Uncomfortable seating opposite the Lavatory and in front of the kitchen.
RouteDusseldorf to Hong Kong
Date FlownMarch 2018

"didn't feel the friendliness"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified | New York to Taipei via Hong Kong. Was not able the check-in online for some reason. Kept getting an error asking me to check-in at the counter. So I arrived early at the airport, and the check-in lines were divided by classes like all airlines do. Except there was service at the first class, premium economy, but no one was the economy counter! Finally after the premium economy were all served, the counter called for the economy customers. The man at the counter had no smile, and looked impatient, and just asked me to put up my luggage and printed out the tickets for me. (Did not even ask me which seats I prefer, if I could check in online I would've picked my own seat). Then came an awkward moment of silence where we stood staring at each other. Then I asked, is that all? He finally spoke and said yes, you will be boarding at gate XX. He wasn't rude, but just didn't feel the friendliness that I was expecting.
RouteNew York to Taipei via Hong Kong

"Very bad experience"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Hong Kong. Very bad experience with the Inflight Service!. I travelled with my husband and 8 month old daughter from Vancouver to Hong Kong with Cathay Pacific for almost 12 hours. In the middle of the long flight, a turbulence occurred and the seatbelt sign came on. So I grabbed my baby and held her on my lap, then put on my seatbelt as i could not find the baby seatbelt that the flight attendants have provided earlier. One of the flight attendants came to check on us if our seatbelts were buckled, and asked me if they offered the baby seatbelt, to which i said yes, but i could not find it so i will just look for it later after the turbulence. FA then freaked out and raised her voice, saying “what do you mean you can’t find it? You have to find it now!” Then turned on the overhead light, disregarding my sleeping baby, then shoved my right shoulder away from the back of my seat so she can take a look and try to find the baby seatbelt. Knowing that she won’t stop harassing me and my baby, I woke my husband and asked for his help. When he saw how the FA was treating me and my baby, even he got surprised and blurted out “whoa, whoa, whoa! I’ll take care of them myself.” To which the FA said she just did not want to wake the baby. A totally contradicting statement to what she was doing just minutes ago. I filed a complaint to their Customer Relations Department and got a response through email saying that they “understand how annoying the situation must have been for me” and that they “have shared my letter with the Inflight Services Manager so that they can follow up with the staff members in question”. They do not care about the experience of their customers and they have rude Flight Attendants.
RouteVancouver to Hong Kong
Date FlownMay 2018

"avoid them in future"

Trip Verified | Cathay seem to be having issues with punctuality. Flew them in the week of 18 June from Singapore to Seoul and they were late three out of four flights. The last leg, they were 3 hours late arriving into Singapore at 315am instead of midnight. Will definitely try my best to avoid them in future.
Aircraft777