Cathay Dragon

"neither friendly or supportive"

(Vietnam)

Verified Review | My flight from Hanoi to Hong Kong was delayed one hour and I have asked the airline staff at Noi Bai Airport that whether the delay would affect my connecting flight to Johannesburg and she assured me 40 minutes was enough for connecting. But when I arrived in Hong Kong, staff of Cathay Dragon and the supervisor said I could not take my original flight to Johannesburg, offered me the next day flight (24 hours later) or take indirect flights through other countries to Johannesburg. I refused to take indirect flights as it would take much longer time of flight and transit. So I had no other choice rather than staying 24 hours waiting for the next day flight. But the staff refused to provide me with a resting and shower facility while waiting 24 hours for the next flight. They were quite rude in tone and body language, did not apology for the delays and neither friendly or supportive, rather than pushed me to accept to stay 24 hours in the airport with lounge service for food and coffee and without resting nor shower facilities. No resting or sleeping place, I could not sleep at all that night and felt really tired. So next morning, I went to the Cathay Dragon Air counter to ask for a resting place. It took almost 2 hours of discussions with her and the supervisor, the supervisor repeated the same thing and refused to provide me with a resting and showering facilities and he sent his staff to go with me to find a public and free of charge resting place, but we did not succeed as all these were occupied. Finally, they offered me access to services in Business Lounge of Cathay Pacific where resting and shower facilities were available.
RouteHanoi to Hong Kong
Date FlownMarch 2017

"high priced budget airline"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Changsha return. Outward flight left on time and arrived slightly early. Plane was very clean. Snack was to say the least minimal, pack of 4 cookies, bottle of water, small chocolate. I had to ask for coffee. For a 4000HKD ticket I would have expected more. Return leg, we all boarded early and could have left early, however we sat for 45 minutes before an announcement was made of a technical issue, it was sorted but left 30 mins late and was late into Hong Kong. More info could have been given and we all could have stayed in the terminal. Food identical? The airline is not Cathay, it is still a high priced budget airline. No in flight entertainment unless you have already downloaded the app.
RouteHong Kong to Changsha
Date FlownApril 2017

"Very spacious and good IFE"

Verified Review | Phuket to Hong Kong. New terminal in Phuket and it is much better than before. Spacious and airy. I missed the earlier Thai Airways flight and they directed me to the Cathay Dragon counter. The staff was sympathetic but asked me to buy a ticket online instead of directly from them as it would be cheaper and it was indeed of very good value. Check in was done quickly as I was very early for that flight. The ground staff also told me not to go inside too early as the lounge they use was not 'up to the usual standard' as the proper one wasn't open yet. Very honest and good advice as I found out later, it was merely a cordoned off area. The flight was full but boarding was orderly with priorities well respected. Smiley flight attendants greeted all passengers and the economy class seats were the same as their bigger brother Cathay Pacific. Very spacious and good IFE. Once level off, the crew immediately served a hot dinner. It consisted of a ham, potato and cheese salad (too creamy) and a chicken curry rice which was served pipping hot and very delicious. They came round with ice cream and tea later. The whole meal service took less than 40 minutes - very efficient. Call bells were answered promptly and the flight attendants were kept very busy on this full flight. Landing was on time but parked at the far end of the terminal. Despite that, it took 25 minutes from disembarkation to collect bags to boarding the airport express train.
RoutePhuket to Hong Kong