Top 100 Airports

Cambodia Angkor Air

"zero communication"

We tried to confirm our 10.30 am flight from Siem Reap to Ho Chi Minh online the day before our scheduled trip. No online records from their website or google flight tracking reflected any change, but we still couldn't check in online. We had our hotel receptionist call to confirm our itinerary and discovered that our flight had been canceled and that we had been moved to a flight after 1 pm. We received no email confirmation of this and the later flight would have missed our transfer to a partner airline in HCMC. When we visited the airline office in Siem Reap, they said our flight was canceled for "security reasons". We switched our flight to one leaving for Ho Chi Minh that evening. Our Vietnam tourist visas did not start until the day we originally intended to arrive, but two Cambodia Angkor Airlines employees ensured us our names would be on an approved list of early entries when we arrived in Vietnam. The Airbus we flew on was the oldest and least well maintained I'd seen, the in-seat televisions still had "Vietnam Airlines" home screens and no entertainment. When we arrived in Vietnam, immigration had no such early entry list and we were compelled to wait in hours long lines for the visa-on-arrival. Had we not called the day before we would have forfeited thousands of dollars in connecting flights, hotel fees and other plans. If you like canceled flights, poor website/app capability, zero communication and being lied to, this is the airline for you.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteREP to SGN
Date FlownApril 2016

"miserable and frustrating experience"

Verified Review | Siem Reap to Sihanoukville with Cambodia Angkor Air. Customer service and "back office " management is virtually nonexistent. I booked my ticket online, carefully chose my departure date, and the confirmation sent me a date for my flight that was two weeks later! I tried to call customer service line and get nothing but good and recordings. I sent to the helpdesk and got an automated response, but no reply within 24 hours. I finally go in person to the airlines office in Siem reap where an agent spent about half an hour trying to resolve the issue on her computer, also unable to reach anyone via telephone on the helpdesk. In the end I have to pay the $20 cash change date fee, which was not listed in the terms, and which wasn't even my fault. A miserable and frustrating experience, I'll never fly them again.
RouteREP to KIS
Date FlownApril 2016

"absolutely awful experience"

(Vietnam)

Verified Review | Absolutely awful experience. I was due to fly Ho chi Minh City to Siem Reap on an 8pm flight on Friday, my friends flew on the 4pm flight and told me that the 8pm flight was moved to 6pm. At 4pm I called the airline and they said I should hurry to the airport at that time to avoid missing the flight. I arrived 35 minutes later to be then told the flight had been delayed and I would need to wait until 8pm to find out if I could fly that evening. There was only 1 airline rep in the airport and she had no information whatsoever. She said I may be able to get on the 8.30pm flight but could not make any guarantees until 8pm. I waited to them be told there was no room. I was offered a night in a hotel but I explained that I lived in HCMC and would like to be compensated for the hotel night that I had booked in Siem Reap - the staff member said I could do this but would need to email the airline later. I was also not guaranteed a flight the next day - and so it went on. I tried to make a written complaint and request for compensation however none of the email accounts I wrote to replied beyond a basic confirmation. 5 months later and I'm still trying to obtain a response but with no luck. The worst airline I have ever had the unpleasant experience of dealing with. Better to walk wherever you need to get to.
RouteSGN to RGN
Date FlownDecember 2015

"crew was friendly and efficient"

Booked Cambodia Angkor Air because of its timetable and reasonably priced ticket. Both flights between Bangkok and Siem Reap were on the same aircraft, a turboprop ATR72-500 that showed some signs of tear and wear both outside and inside the cabin. Flights were on time and cabin crew was friendly and efficient. Perceived safety on board was excellent (safety demo, pre take-off and landing check). A snack with water was offered on both sectors. I will not hesitate to fly again with them.
AircraftATR72 500
RouteBKK to REP
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"book with the airline again"

A short 1 hour flight from Siem Reap to Bangkok on Cambodia Angkor Air turboprop plane. FA pleasant on boarding, assisted in baggage storage and allocating seating. Seat comfortable but the seatbelts are old and well worn, inflight magazine good quality and content. A snack of cold meat sandwich, Danish pastry and water provided - reasonable for the short flight. I did check the flight schedule the day prior and noticed a 20 minute earlier departure which the airline had not informed us, something to be mindful of. Overall not a bad experience and I have no reservations in booking with the airline again.
RouteREP to BKK
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"flight was very good"

Siem Reap to Phnom Penh. We were originally supposed to fly earlier that day but the airline merged two flight together so we ended up flying on the A321 and not the ATR72 as originally scheduled. But this was fine and the airline emailed us with plenty of notice to advise us of the change. The flight itself was very good. The aircraft looked pretty new and was clean. The seats were comfortable and the inflight magazine had a nice overview of the airline, the country and destinations. No meal was served but water was provided. The crew were very professional and friendly.
RouteREP to PNH
Date FlownDecember 2015

"unprepared for the situation"

(Vietnam)

I had a booking via Cambodia Angkor Air on December 4th from Ho Chi Minh to Siem Reap. Since there was a group of us heading to Siem Reap to participate in the Marathon, I heard that the flight has been cancelled. I contacted the head office, since I received no notification whatsoever regarding the change or flight cancellation and they sent me two confirmations regarding the new schedule. At the airport, Vietnam Airlines had no information regarding my flight on their system, and so were about over 10 of us. Later, a manager showed up and was not able to give us any information. I waited 5 hours at the airport hoping to get on the flight but I didn't. Finally, after being at the airport from 4:30 pm until 10, I was given the amount of 20 USD dollar as a taxi fee to go home and return to the airport the following day. The staff at the airport did not deal with this problem professionally. I lost my hotel booking that I had already paid for at Siem Reap and was delayed until the following day. The airline has not provided any compensation for this delay. The manager was under stress and although tried to deal with the situation at hand, it was clear that the staff were so unprepared for the situation.
RouteSGN to REP
Date FlownDecember 2015

"cautious if you connect"

We had 2 flights with Cambodia Angkor Air 5 days apart from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville. On both occasions the flight times were changed at short notice. One was 3 days prior and the second was 27 hours before the flight. A exchange or email on the second occasion revealed the flight time had been re-scheduled a month prior but they only elected to inform us the day before. This meant we had to re-organise all our transfers at short notice. Our initial bookings and payment were 7 months in advance. Be cautious if you are using them to connect with an onward international flight. Once at the airport and onboard the product was great, punctual and clean.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteSiem Reap to Sihanoukville
Date FlownDecember 2015

"recommend if aircraft is A321"

Flew on Cambodia Angkor Air flight K6100 from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh on 29 November. Flight was on time. The A321 cabin was newer than my ATR flight from PNH to REP. Seat was more comfortable as well. However, the only refreshment was water. I would only recommend this airline if the aircraft is A321 and it's a short haul flight.
RouteSiem Reap to Phnom Penh
Date FlownNovember 2015

"a really pleasant flight"

First time on Cambodia Angkor Air was to Vientiane, a journey of just over an hour. Plane seemed new, interior smart and comfortable (same as Vietnam Airlines, its parent company), plenty of legroom. A small salad with ham and prawns was served en route, along with small fruit salad and drinks. Departure on time. It was a really pleasant flight.
RoutePhnom Penh to Vientiane