Cambodia Angkor Air

"They are a real scam"

Verified Review | To be avoided by all means. We planned to fly two times with Cambodia Angkor Air, Siem Reap to Sihanoukville. This time all was fine except that the flight left 45 min before schedule. Luckily we were in in time at the airport! Sihanoukville to Ho Chi Minh City the flight was cancelled and we had to buy ourselves a new ticket at another company with the promise that they would pay us back. I will definitively not see that money, but what do you want when you are on holliday with your family? They are a real scam.
RouteSihanoukville to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownAugust 2017

"these guys are just the worst"

Verified Review | Siem Reap to Danang. Booked ticket 2 months previous, to be told a couple days before that flight was overbooked and that we would have to catch a different flight to Ho Chi Minh before changing to another flight to Danang. Now I get that that overbooking happens and I don't agree with it. But what really annoyed us was that at both ticket counters in Siem Reap and Ho Chi Minh was the blank look we got from staff because we weren't in their system? After some cajoling we eventually got to our destination, just! Which involved running from counter to gate because it took so long to get us a boarding pass. Never again, we fly a lot of budget airlines but these guys are just the worst.
RouteSiem Reap to Danang
Date FlownApril 2017

"company runs like a scam"

Verified Review | Siem Reap to Bangkok. Flight was canceled on my way to the airport with only option to depart 2 days later. As I had work commitments in Bangkok I could not do this, being forced to buy an expensive last minute ticket (cost over 4 time original fare). I tried contacting the airline for months to gain flight compensation (refund from the flight) with zero response. Worst airline. The whole company runs like a scam.
RouteSiem Reap to Bangkok
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"wait 8 hours in SGN airport"

(Cambodia)

Verified Review | Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh. In the past I have used Cambodian Angkor on several occasions without problems. However on the last two occasions I was booked on the 12:20 flight from SGN to PNH. On the first occasion I was making a connection from a VN flight from London. With the connecting flight being cancelled I had to wait 8 hours in SGN airport - no prior advice and no compensation was offered. On the second occasion my trip originated in SGN so the problem was less severe - but still annoying. No explanation or apology was offered on either occasion.Was I just unlucky or is this becoming an increasingly common occurrence with Cambodia Angkor?
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh
Date FlownMarch 2017

"end up on Small Planet's A320"

Verified Review | Siem Reap to Hanoi. Was somewhat concerned before we flew due to the fact that Cambodia Angkor Air were sub chartering Small Planet Airlines for many of their flights. Also many of their flights appeared to have delays or cancellations. In the end no need for concern. Check-in at the airport (no online check-in possible) was smooth and quick, the agent was extremely thorough about checking our onward travel tickets ex-Vietnam. Indeed we did end up on Small Planet's A320, which arrived punctually and due to a less than 25% load factor was fully boarded 15 mins before dep time. Small Planet have obviously recently refurbished their aircraft and we had a very modern slimline seat cabin. The Lithuanian crew were friendly and efficient and to our surprise we got a full hot meal (wasn't great but whose to complain) and soft drink selection onboard. Late evening arrival in HAN was a breeze, immigration cleared and luggage collected within 15 mins. My disclaimer here would be I did not experience the actual Cambodia Angkor Air onboard experience, but can recommend them on the basis of a solid sub charter carrier.
RouteSiem Reap to Hanoi
Date FlownMarch 2017

"this was a pleasant surprise"

(Poland)

Verified Review | Sihanoukville to Siem Reap. We were a little worried at first about this flight as we had a message on the booking page several weeks earlier that it had been cancelled. After calling the airline several times they reassured me that it hadn't. The fact that on the day the morning flight had indeed been cancelled didn't help to boost our confidence. Nevertheless, we went to the airport and all went according to plan despite a 30 minute delay. The aircraft was actually only 4.5 years old and was pretty noisy but that's normal for propellor planes. The flight attendants were friendly and professional. The only refreshment was a bottle of water. Overall though this was a pleasant surprise.
AircraftATR-72
RouteSihanoukville to Siem Reap
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"most miserable flight attendant

(Denmark)

Verified Review | Sihanoukville to Siem Reap. Very short flight, the aircraft interior had seen better days. Served by the most miserable flight attendant I've ever encountered, couldn't and wouldn't even crack a smile. It was shocking seeing as this was the national carrier and Cambodian people are generally so friendly, this crew member was not a good representation of her country. Positive was we were served a bottle of water which was appreciated and the price of the flight was excellent.
AircraftATR
RouteSihanoukville to Siem Reap
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"canceled our flight twice"

(Romania)

Siem Reap to Bangkok. They canceled our flight twice (we were supposed to fly on December 2 and they changed our flight on December 3). This change was not acceptable to us as we had our flight back home on December 2. We did not understand why they have changed our flight especially because they were selling tickets on sale for December 2nd! We wrote them and asked them to respect the initial booking (for 2nd of Dec). They apologized and modified the booking as per our request. Now they sent us again an email announcing us they have changed our flight again to the 3rd December (even if they have still available tickets for the 2nd December). We were completely dissatisfied with this new change and because we have read some terrible reviews about this airline we asked for a refund as per the terms of the ticket. We did not receive our money back and now they don't even answer our email. Avoid them if you do not wish to ruin your vacation!!!
RouteREP to BKK
Date FlownOctober 2016

"zero communication"

We tried to confirm our 10.30 am flight from Siem Reap to Ho Chi Minh online the day before our scheduled trip. No online records from their website or google flight tracking reflected any change, but we still couldn't check in online. We had our hotel receptionist call to confirm our itinerary and discovered that our flight had been canceled and that we had been moved to a flight after 1 pm. We received no email confirmation of this and the later flight would have missed our transfer to a partner airline in HCMC. When we visited the airline office in Siem Reap, they said our flight was canceled for "security reasons". We switched our flight to one leaving for Ho Chi Minh that evening. Our Vietnam tourist visas did not start until the day we originally intended to arrive, but two Cambodia Angkor Airlines employees ensured us our names would be on an approved list of early entries when we arrived in Vietnam. The Airbus we flew on was the oldest and least well maintained I'd seen, the in-seat televisions still had "Vietnam Airlines" home screens and no entertainment. When we arrived in Vietnam, immigration had no such early entry list and we were compelled to wait in hours long lines for the visa-on-arrival. Had we not called the day before we would have forfeited thousands of dollars in connecting flights, hotel fees and other plans. If you like canceled flights, poor website/app capability, zero communication and being lied to, this is the airline for you.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteREP to SGN
Date FlownApril 2016

"miserable and frustrating experience"

Verified Review | Siem Reap to Sihanoukville with Cambodia Angkor Air. Customer service and "back office " management is virtually nonexistent. I booked my ticket online, carefully chose my departure date, and the confirmation sent me a date for my flight that was two weeks later! I tried to call customer service line and get nothing but good and recordings. I sent to the helpdesk and got an automated response, but no reply within 24 hours. I finally go in person to the airlines office in Siem reap where an agent spent about half an hour trying to resolve the issue on her computer, also unable to reach anyone via telephone on the helpdesk. In the end I have to pay the $20 cash change date fee, which was not listed in the terms, and which wasn't even my fault. A miserable and frustrating experience, I'll never fly them again.
RouteREP to KIS