Brussels Airlines

"disappointed again and again"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Rome to Brussels. After this flight I found my baggage was lost, and the next day I will leave to Brussels for a long time. Finally they delivery the baggage to my friend's address after two days delayed, at the same time they refuse to gimme the compensation even if I have no towels, toothbrush when I arriving at China. Brussels Airlines's client support and grand handling service was terrible and make us disappointed again and again.
RouteRome to Brussels
Date FlownOctober 2017

"used valuable points for this bad experience"

Verified Review | We flew two very different aircraft during our travel from Washington to Madrid via Brussels. The first and last flight (out of four) were on an A330-200 which are configured for business and economy only. We traveled in business and hoped for a good experience as we used valuable star alliance points. The service was very good on our first flight to Brussels: flight attendants were wonderful and fun, food was ok, entertainment ok (but system is great) and it was easy on and easy off. The seat and cabin left much to be desired. The aircraft was uncomfortably hot, sweltering hot, and I just couldn't get comfortable enough to sleep well. The seat itself is awkward to say the least. I've traveled both business and first, trans-Atlantic and Pacific, in at least 9 other airlines, some frequently, and this seat was by far the most clumsy and uncomfortable. My husband and I are both tall and we found the way the seat reclines forces your feet into this very small compartment in which you then need to push yourself back up from to reposition yourself properly on the reclines seat. My husband’s feet could not move within this small compartment as they fit in like a glove and limited his ability to move around and settle. In most airlines you have two controls for you seat: one easily accessible when seated and one when lying down. Same here but during your repositioning neither becomes easy to reach and you have to hoist yourself up to reach again. There is no mid-range adjustment either. They have a recline position but if you don't like that one you have to choose between completely upright or full recline; no in-between or other adjustments! You can, however, just raise your leg rest. Little to no storage except in that little foot compartment I mentioned, which by the way goes away when you recline to flat bed. No place for your laptop, handbag or iPad when you sleep. I felt cramped. The food was ok. Wine and beer choices excellent. Entertainment choices were very weak but they did try and provide a good global sampling. The screen was very easy to use, sound good and no technical issues. On our trip back we had a less than pleasant server. I felt the simplest of requests (that I only have an appetizer and not dinner and receive my cheese course for a main) was met with a huff and near eye roll. I did notice our particular flight attendant complained to everyone working on board in ear shot of passengers about her job, conditions, other 'issues' on the plane. Fortunately not about passengers. Perhaps I just had ‘grumpy’ as my attendant. Again, this second flight was hot and uncomfortable. Several of the passengers complained and there was one flight attendant trying to communicate this to the pilot and we did receive some relief for a few hours. In general if you are traveling from the USA to Europe I think I would try and avoid Brussels Airlines. My husband who travels internationally most weeks, always business or first, said Brussels is his least favorite. I know it is hard to complain when we have the ability to fly in a premium cabin but we usually pay dearly for them. I am sad we used valuable points for this bad experience. On a positive note: Brussels airport is a dream. Lovely and easy to get around, not as overcrowded as Paris CDG or Frankfurt, and flights per our experience were on time and pleasant to board and go to connections. I’m sure that is in part because of Brussels. My hope is they better themselves
AircraftA330-200
RouteWashington to Madrid via Brussels
Date FlownOctober 2017

"do not provide you any service"

Verified Review | I am a Star Alliance Gold member and picked Brussels Airlines for a connecting flight via Brussels Nürnberg believing in Star Alliance Quality level. Well, if you book Brussels Airlines you sometimes do not get Brussels Airlines. They have some flights being operated by BMI British Midland Regional which is a rather low budget carrier from the UK with small old planes. Bad service on the ground. At Brussels Airport for example they do not provide you any service. We came from overseas and had our bags we wanted to get rid of, Brussels Airlines refused to check them in and said it was BMI that we should talk to yet they only open 90 minutes previous to flight departure. I told them I bought a Brussels Airline ticket so why can not check in with them, they responded, no it is operated by BMI so go to them. I could not use Brussels Airlines machines neither the counter to check in. You book and pay for something you do not get, so why bother buying a ticket from that airline at all?
RouteBrussels to Nuremberg
Date FlownOctober 2017

"did what it said on the box"

Verified Review | Zagreb to Manchester via Brussels. On time arrivals and departures which seemed to service the Friday evening return home crowd. For this two segment flight we were not looking for anything special. There were proper announcements from the flight deck and opportunities to buy from their menu. In short, it did what it said on the box.
RouteZagreb to Manchester via Brussels

"was the best flight"

(Slovakia)

Verified Review | Vienna to Brussels. That was the best flight in my life. Everything was super. I had economy plus so next to me was emply seat. I had very cute box with breakfast. The cabin crew was very friendly, airplane was very clean and nice.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteVienna to Brussels
Date FlownJune 2017

"Food could be better"

Verified Review | Brussels to Mumbai. Food in the Economy class could be better. After the Premium economy were served lunch, the non vegetarian option was no longer available. there was no choice of Indian or continental. Then the snack was over before the last five rows got it. No information given or even any attempt for the staff to make an alternative arrangement.
RouteBrussels to Mumbai

"rude and unsympathetic"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Brussels to Malaga. The airline didn’t let me carry my hand luggage in the cabin because the plane was full. I politely explained that I needed to run after landing because I needed to catch a bus to my next destination and time was short, so checking the bag in was not an option. The staff was rude and unsympathetic and didn’t do anything to accommodate me. They threatened to leave me on the ground and forced me to check the bag in. As a result, I lost precious time waiting for my bag to appear in the carousel in Malaga (a very slow airport for baggage handling) and missed my bus. Absolutely unacceptable.
RouteBrussels to Malaga
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"staff have an appalling attitude"

Verified Review | London to Berlin via Brussels. Brussels Airlines staff have an appalling attitude toward their customers! Staff seriously need to do the training for common courtesy. I have flown this route hundreds of times with other airlines and very seldom experienced such obvious contemp for passengers, or such apparent low-morale amongst Brussels Airlines staff. I am returning this same route with Brussels Airlines and frankly dreading such a lack of manners. I will most certainly not be flying Brussels Airlines again!
RouteLondon to Berlin via Brussels

"utter rubbish service"

Verified Review | Brussels to London. So for the second time in a day Brussels airlines mess it up, they change the flight to a gate miles away and only tell people 5 mins before, the mass panic that ensues and then, to cap it all it's 40 minutes delayed! No mention of this on the screens however, nothing! When you ask staff the question why don't you tell us in plenty of time they say they don't make the rules! I fly a lot with business and never felt I should leave a negative review - now twice in one day , both Brussels airlines. What utter rubbish service.
RouteBrussels to London
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"uncaring of our situation"

Verified Review | Moscow to Brussels. The plane was late, nearly an hour late, so it started badly. I was then in an unfortunate position, 3 children had been left with no adults on the row behind me, they kicked the backs of our seats as soon as we sat down and it did not stop until we landed 3 hours later. Now you may argue that it's not the airlines fault, but twice I asked for assistance. The first time I was completely ignored so I had to press the service button again once having wait ages. So second time round I asked if the attendant could find and have a word with either the parents, or the children. "Well I'll see what I can do" was the response. Obviously he didn't care, I set on the edge of my seat the whole journey, almost crouched on the Brace position to get some relief. I tried again later when the attendant came past, he said one moment sir - I am now disembarked and wonder if I should still wait for them or just crack on with my journey. When I say it was hell it was hell, the staff were simply uncaring of our situation and I am dreading my onward journey with this same airline, never ever again will I choose this bunch of amateurs. Customer care means totally nothing to them.
RouteMoscow to Brussels