Vote Now

Brussels Airlines

"they swapped my ticket with no fees to assure I got home safely"

Verified Review | We we're meant to fly to Milan last night, flew in from Birmingham and we were changing in Brussels. When we got to Brussels I received some bad news so I could no longer fly to Milan. I had to get back to Birmingham asap and the last flight of the night was leaving in 15 mins and I hadn't even got a ticket. Brussels Airlines got me on that flight with no delays and were so kind and helpful about it! I am still amazed that they swapped my ticket with no fees to assure I got home safely.
RouteBHX to MXP via BRU
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"flex and fast product is pointless"

Verified Review | Brussels to Manchester with Brussels Airlines. Horrible company to fly with. Their flex and fast product is pointless as you will have to queue like anybody else. The staff look a bit miserable and unhappy, it really feels like they aren't even trying to make an effort. I would rather fly Ryanair and save my money.
RouteBRU to MAN
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"zero respect for passenger"

Verified Review | Manchester to Toronto via Brussels. Zero respect for the passenger. Lost both of our suitcases one for six days and the other until the day before our return. Spend 4 hours trying to record the loss of our luggage as 40 other people had not got theirs either. Cost me 50 CAD for the parking £75 in phone calls to try and trace the baggage as well as every morning wasted attempting to call either Toronto or Brussels to see if the baggage had been found only to be told two days before I returned that the baggage had not left Brussels. I have lost both of those cost as they do not have to pay incidentals even though the cost was incurred due to the fact that they had lost our luggage. The response from the airline is almost as if they are immune to all that may cost you due to their incompetence. Food was distinctly average even though the staff were very pleasant on board. there truly is nothing good about this outfit other than that.
RouteMAN to YYZ via BRU

"most disorganized airlines"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | One of the most disorganized airlines. On my flight to Geneva from Prague we were marooned on one plane in Brussels for two hours after being told that "there's some slight technical problem". Then we were moved to another plane, where we kept being marooned for the next 3 hours. As the result I was 6 hours late when finally arrived. On my return flight, another delay due to which I almost missed my connecting flight. What kind of a service is that? Steer clear from this company unless you always want to be late, hungry, thirsty and angry at your destination. I give this airline the lowest possible score. One other note: You have to pay for food and drinks aboard. The cabin crew is polite though.
RouteGeneva to Prague via Brussels

"Totally awful experience"

Verified Review | We flew out of Manchester to Nice via Brussels. On arrival in Nice our baggage had not arrived along with a dozen or so other people. Very unhelpful staff on the baggage counter. Brussels Airlines simply did not want to help or offer any aftercare. We were skiing and staying two hours from Nice up a mountain. We had to spend 3 days in the clothes we stood up in. Brussels Airlines offers no help and I had to phone the baggage helpline twice a day myself. After 3 days 4 of us were re-united with bags. They had actually arrived in Nice the day before apparently but nobody could be found to make the 2 hour journey to our accommodation . One of our party still doesn't have her bag. On return home they then lost one of the bags again. I am now trying to engage with Brussels Airlines to find the lost bags and make a complaint and seek compensation. Our holiday was ruined as we were unable to ski for 4 out of the 6 days we were there. It is impossible to actually speak to anyone and impossible to find an email address to send a complaint letter. This company really does not care about it's customers. It does not care about your luggage and has no coherent procedure for reuniting you with luggage should it go missing. Totally awful experience and I will never fly with them again.
RouteMAN to NCE via BRU

"totally awful experience"

Verified Review | We flew out of Manchester to Nice via Brussels. On arrival in Nice our baggage had not arrived along with a dozen or so other people. Very unhelpful staff on the baggage counter. Brussels Airlines simply did not want to help or offer any after care. We were ski'ing and staying two hours from Nice, up a mountain. We had to spend 3 days in the clothes we stood up in. Brussels Airlines offers no help and I had to phone the baggage helpline twice a day myself. After 3 days 4 of us were re-United with bags. They had actually arrived in Nice the day before apparently but nobody could be found to make the 2 hour journey to our accommodation. One of our party still doesn't have her bag. On return home they then lost one of the bags again. I am now trying to engage with Brussels Airlines to A) Find the lost bags. B) Make a complaint and seek compensation. Our holiday was ruined as we were unable to ski for 4 out of the 6 days we were there. It is impossible to actually speak to anyone and impossible to find an email address to send a complaint letter. Totally awful experience and I will never fly with them again.
RouteMAN to NCE via BRU
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"crew seemed quite agitated and stressed"

Verified Review | Flew Manchester to Tel Aviv via Brussels return. The way there was okay besides that we got a small cold snack when we were expecting a warm supper on a four hour flight. On the way back the incoming flight was delayed and there was a further delay leaving Tel Aviv. The cabin crew seemed quite agitated and stressed. We once again only got a snack served. At least we had brought some food along because we doubted we would be served a proper meal. Might as well fly a low cost airline where I don't get a meal served. When I asked one of the stewardesses for a cup of hot water I was told to get it myself in the galley! Another stewardess could not be bothered to help a father who was trying to pick up some food his child had spilled. She just stood and watched. Due to delayed arrival in Brussel doubted I would get my connection to Manchester. Was told by the ground crew to run and you might make it! Why could they not get me there on a Buggy if the plane was specially waiting for me as they made me believe. Lies! Plane hardly waited for us as one of my fellow travellers on the Brussels to Manchester leg told me. Boarding had been delayed on that flight and passengers had just settled down when I came on the plane. The suitcases of course did not make the connection (be warned Brussels is notorious for this!) and arrived late the next afternoon almost 24hrs after we arrived and would you believe a new suitcase got damaged.
RouteTLV to MAN via BRU

"great experience"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | I flew with Brussels Airlines on an earlier occasion, from BRU to BJM and back. This time around I went to Birmingham to spend some time with family, both flights were aboard an Avro RJ100 1st flight, OO-DWA and on the return OO-DWB; was quite rare to have exactly the same flight crew on both flights. Nice flight, skilled pilot who executed soft landings; he made some sharp turns returning to BRU during the climbing to 28.000ft a bit uncomfortable due to the g-force. You have the possibility to choose your own seat when checking in at the airport. Great experience. Had to book through BMI Regional, because it's cheaper to book through them for the same flight. That's a bit odd, BMI stated operated by SN Brussels Airlines, but booking through Brussels Airlines would've been a few hundred euro's more expensive.
AircraftAvro RJ100
RouteBRU to BHX
Date FlownDecember 2016

"the service offer wasn't great"

Verified Review | Travelled to Toronto for Christmas 2016. Brussels Airlines was chosen almost entirely on price, and from other reviews and word of mouth I did not have high expectations. The ground service was average, in-flight crew were better (quite friendly), but the service offer wasn't great. At the end of the day, our flights were on time, we were quite comfortable, and all our luggage made it there and back again; would fly them again for sure, but can't rank them up with the best. The only really bad thing that happened was at Bristol Airport when we heading off on holiday. Flight departure scheduled for 6.05am, so we got there at 3.30am expecting to be able to check in and then relax in the departure lounge, this was not to be. The check-in desks didn't even open until 5.10am, which meant that not only were we stranded in the check-in hall (lots of other passengers waiting too), but it was a mad rush from check-in, through Security, and to the departure gate! Not the relaxing start to our holiday we were hoping for, and other airline desks were open, so it's not standard for that airport.
RouteBRS to YYZ via BRU

"old and worn aircraft"

Verified Review | Flew Brussels Airlines from Málaga to Brussels. I guess it cannot get worse than this in Europe: For an 800 Euro ticket I got: No priority boarding, old and worn aircraft, mediocre Economy style food with tons of allergens, plastic cutlery, lost luggage and multiple hour delays. Seat was average and the crew, at least on the outbound flight, was trying but it remains beyond my comprehension how this airline can be a member of Star Alliance.
RouteAGP to BRU