Best Cabin Crew

Brussels Airlines

"on-board service poor"

(Indonesia)

Seasonal flight from Napoli NAP to London LHR via Brussels BRU. Brussels Airlines failed to manage summer holiday crowd. Flight from NAP to LHR was delayed for 40 minutes. I barely made it for second leg to London, but my suitcase was left behind by the airline and delivered to my house exactly 24 hrs after. On-board service poor, seats very thin and hard. I wouldn't take Brussels Airlines if it's not part of Star Alliance. At Brussels Airport there is no priority boarding for Gold passengers. Quite disappointing.
AircraftA320, Avrojet
RouteNAP to LHR via BRU
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"such a bad experience"

Washington to Yaounde via Brussels and this has been such a bad experience with Brussels Airlines. Customer service is so bad. I don't yet know when I will be issued a new ticket when my flight got cancelled due to a storm three days ago. They keep telling me to call United Airlines which is not helping at all but by law Brussels is the ticket holder and should be the one to try to find me a flight. Brussels Airlines is useless if there is a problem with your flight especially when they bundle it with another airline.
RouteIAD to YAO via BRU

"don't enjoy their work"

I flew Brussels Airlines from Hamburg to Manchester via Brussels. Well what a dissapointment. The ground and cabin staff who represent Brussels Airlines in the air and on the ground have attitude and act like they don't enjoy their work. The food selection that you have to buy is very limited. The planes themselves are nice and clean. I had a connection time off just 1 hour and trust me, if they try to sell you a connection ticket for under 1 hour you won't make it, I have long legs and am young and only just made mine - you have to clear security again and are not entitled to a fast lane. Overall would rather fly an airline such as Easyjet where staff are great and they have a extensive buy on board program.
RouteHAM to MAN via BRU
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"never will fly again"

Birmingham to Budapest via Brussels. Despite asking when booking and when checking in if there was enough time to change planes at Brussels, I was sold a flight to Budapest with 50 minutes to get between the two flights which is clearly not enough time because you have to go through all security again. It was an early evening flight so it wasn't even busy but there was just not enough time to get through all of the security checks. Brussels Airlines deliberately book you on flights through Brussels when they know that many people will not be able to make the connection. On the day I travelled there were approximately 60 people checking into a hotel for overnight stay because they had not been able to make their connections. This is only one hotel, I believe that they use multiple so the true number was obviously more than this. I have never flown with Brussels Airlines before and never will again, but I heard people saying that the happened all the time with Brussels Airlines. I raised a complaint with Brussels Airlines in October but am still waiting for a response three months later, having sent reminders three times.
RouteBHX to BUD via BRU
Date FlownOctober 2015

"does not care about customers"

(Denmark)

Copenhagen to Geneva via Brussels with Brussels Airlines. I have never travelled with such an incompetent airline. Everything went wrong from the moment I had paid my tickets. In spite of writing on their web page that change to an earlier airline on the same day, they charged me. They had given me seats up front at the booking time, but at flying time I was given other seats further down. Flying back I was called in earlier because of bad weather in Geneva, and they managed to lose my luggage, which turned two days later. I started writing customer service about the initial things in October 15 and I have not heard anything yet. Brussels Airlines does not care about their customers.
RouteCPH to GVA via BRU
Date FlownDecember 2015

"food and drinks very high quality"

(Belgium)

Flew Brussels Airlines from Brussels to New York JFK. We had a perfect flight. After take off, an appetiser was served. We took a Gin and Tonic. Afterwards we were served a very good dinner. Further during the flight we were served an ice cream and right before landing we got a mini pizza. All food and drinks were of a very high quality. The crew were very kind, we talked with them for a while and had a pleasant conversation. We even received some good tips for New York. The inflight entertainment system is modern and responsive, however the choice of movies is rather limited. That was the only downside.
AircraftA330-300
RouteBRU to JFK
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"is this a low-cost carrier? "

Flight was not a good experience at all. Is this airline a low-cost carrier? Brussels Airlines charged me 35 euro to check in one bag even though I am Star Alliance Gold. Ground staff were very grumpy and chatted amongst themselves - lacked customer service skills. Plane was new but had no IFE and service was non existent. Ordered a glass of water and they tried to charge me 3 euros?! This is not a good airline at all and should not be apart of the Star Alliance!
RouteBrussels to Copenhagen
Date FlownDecember 2015

"crew and their attitude"

(Uganda)

Entebbe to Marseille via Brussels. Nov 2015 I flew from Uganda to France with Brussels Airlines. I was in a bad shape having been hit by a very bout of malaria 2 days before and still suffering from it. I felt tired, in pain, in short very lousy but I had to travel. In Entebbe, I told the crew about it and asked them if I could buy a business class seat with my frequent flyer points. They said they were sorry as it was not possible after boarding. However, as soon as we took off and the seat belt sign went off, a flight attendant appeared and told me they had set aside a row of 4 seats in the back for me to able to lie down and sleep. I thanked them many times as it made the trip so much more bearable and promised myself I would post a positive review. Yes, believe or not, Brussels Airlines can be swell! That is if the right crew is onboard, of course! As a side story, on the way back there was a call for a doc as a passenger had had some sort of seizure. I am a doc (yes even docs can fall sick!) so I got up to attend to the passenger in question. There, I surprisingly met a colleague of mine who also volunteered to help. We were both a little surprised that the Brussels emergency kit lack drugs as elementary as Valium pills which were indicated in this case (they only had injections), and when we were done, all we had was a cursory 'thank you' from one of the attendants! We didn't expect the moon but still, it just shows you it's all about the crew and their attitude.
RouteEBB to MRS via BRU
Date FlownNovember 2015

"headrests extremely uncomfortable"

This was an overnight Brussels Airlines flight from Entebbe to Brussels, which because of the peculiar headrests extremely uncomfortable. The only way I could get any sleep was to pull down the tray table and put my head in my arms on it. The staff were as helpful as they could be and specifically asked me to draw attention to this problem - as I am not alone and hopefully another complaint will help to bring some action from the airline.
RouteEntebbe to Brussels
Date FlownOctober 2015

"cabin baggage problems"

(Slovenia)

Brussels Airlines from Brussels to Lisbon. This time not just delayed, also unfriendly and not professional. Even the bus driver from the gate to the aircraft had an urge to show his unfriendliness. Boarding by bus to the airplane from Schengen to Non-Schengen part of the terminal is a total mess, bussing from the gate in a cramped bus, waiting in the bus, than later on in the rain to get to the staircases which lead to the airbridge, waiting inside the airbridge since the aircraft has not been ready (cleaned) yet, then in the aircraft to get a slot since we missed the original one. Cabin crew not helpful, especially when it comes to cabin baggage problems. And this happens especially since they introduced the new fare concept. The baggage was on the belt 55 minutes after landing.
RouteBRU to LIS