Brussels Airlines

Review by (Belgium) 28th June 2015

I have flown Brussels Airlines many times and generally been happy with the service. However I will never use this airline again, because quite frankly they are a rip off. I booked a complete package online, not knowing baggage was not included. Contact Brussels Airlines today to find out that I had to pay 35 euro per bag, thats a total of 140 euro, if I had booked direct with Brussels Airlines the charge would be 60 euro. How can Brussels Airlines justify more than double the price for the baggage. Brussels Airlines on baggage are a total rip off unless your book direct with them. I know they will do nothing about it as Customer Service and Brussels Airlines don't go together.
RouteBrussels to Alicante

Review by (Brazil) 25th June 2015

Check in was fast. I was able to check in 2x 23kg cases, plus 1 x 12kg cabin bag and a personal bag for computer and other stuffs. The flight attendants were polite. The seat was comfortable (seat 7A).
RouteLyons - Brussels

Review by (Norway) 23rd June 2015

We were 2 pax traveling Oslo to Luanda via Brussels. We did have some negative vibes after having read some reviews but the connection was good and price attractive. Turned out to be a wrong choice. It started out with an overbooked flight from Oslo and an advice that one of us would have to stay behind. Only after reminding the ground crew that Luanda is an not an easy destination to reach, that we had confirmed tickets and that we hold Star Alliance did we get on board. The flight from Brussels to Luanda was just not good. The cabin looks and feels fresh and clean, food is acceptable but there end the positive comments. The seats are nothing but horrible. In theory they may be ok but that's only on paper. You feel cramped with little legroom and the backrest has a hard area that sticks out and makes it difficult to lean properly back. The recline is ok but as long as you have someone behind you, reclining is not an option. The fact that my traytable was very loose of course did not help. In my 40 years of intercontinental travel, I've experienced worse seats but that was a long time ago.
AircraftAirbus 330-200
RouteOslo to Luanda via Brussels

Review by (United Kingdom) 16th June 2015

Early morning flight out from Manchester to Brussels delayed and we missed connecting flight to Gotenburg. Had to spend 7 hours in Brussels losing a day of planned activity. Return flight on Sunday evening cancelled as we would again miss connecting flights. Switched to Lufthansa with 3 hour delay. 15 Euros to spend in Brussels airport. Regular air traveller but will not use or recommend.
RouteManchester to Gotenburg via Brussels

Review by (Spain) 15th June 2015

I flew outbound with Ryanair and this was the return leg which I assumed would be far superior. SN has a superior hardware product and better facilities. However the crew let the trip down. Efficient but not friendly. The purser seemed to spend a lot if time scanning passengers and was even individually telling people off for not obeying the seatbelt sign long after the turbulence had passed. With crew it is luck and maybe they were having a bad day but for me this one experience has affected my image of the carrier.
RouteBRU to AGP

Review by (United Kingdom) 15th June 2015

Flew out Baltic Air impressed by website, online food reservation, professional staff and smooth transition. Return via Brussels awful. Had booked online food because of timing but none materialised. Transition through Brussels dire-dropped at terminal A for terminal B departure signage ran out around the baggage hall-eventually found my way to departure terminal to find flight delayed, no info on how long and few seats available to wait. Cafe closed at 18.00!
AircraftAvro
RouteRiga to Birmingham via Brussels

Review by (United Kingdom) 15th June 2015

Second time in two weeks I have missed connecting flights due to "late incoming aircraft" both resulted in 4 hour trips becoming over 8hrs. This is bad - but even worse is the customer service: summary below. 1: no info given on arrival, had to find way to service desk through the disgraceful Brussels Zaventum airport (building work all over) 2. Given a €15 meal voucher which doesn't even buy a beef burger meal, drink and a coffee. I should have been in Marseille at 4.15 and will now arrive at 20.30. 3. Refused lounge access (I travel twice a month with Brussels Airlines) These are £300+ flights!
RouteBirmingham to Marseilles via Brussels

Review by (Germany) 13th June 2015

If you like the service level of low-cost airlines like Ryanair but don't mind paying a multiple of their prices Brussels Airlines is right for you. I'm a regular traveler between Berlin and Brussels. The fare is usually around EUR 450 when booked 2-3 weeks in advance. You might think that this entitles you at least to a free cup of coffee but not at Brussels Airlines. No inflight entertainment. They call this 'service' concept 'branded fares' and probably paid consultants millions for this brilliant idea but for me it's Easyjet on this route from now on.
Aircraft319
RouteBerlin to Brussels

Review by (Belgium) 12th June 2015

BRU-NAP return. Online check-in worked very well this time, so a big plus! Very clean and comfortable Airbus A319 aircraft on both ways. Cabin crew extremely professional, friendly and helpful. Both flights delayed due to atc restrictions (out) and one runway closed in Brussels (return). Recommended!
RouteBRU-NAP return

Review by (Belgium) 12th June 2015

Living near Brussels often obliged me to book Brussels Airlines (BA) for short flights. Although being a FF, nothing really distinguished me from the once-a-year tourist flyer. BA often changes my (chosen and paid for choice) seat. Its frequent delays ("due to late arrival" - I add "of the BA flight") are nerve-racking as they never inform you - even if they have my smartphone number. It uses subcontractors in other airports who simply don't know what they stand for (when I have for instance a golf bag, it takes an extra 15 min for check in to verify why I don't have to pay). It never serves a drink or snack in economy (or what is equivalent to it). And when you have to pay for it, often your choice is not available. No onboard newspaper (standard with normal commercial airlines economy). Excellent in sending excuses and offering (worthless) compensation. Many incidents on its booking sites (so that you can start all over again at higher prices). Too costly for very low value. Avoid it if you can. I decided never to rely on it anymore preferring connecting flights than direct flights with this kind of company.