Top 100 Airlines

Brussels Airlines

"how horrible they could be"

Verified Review | Toronto to Brussels. 4 years ago I flew with Brussels Airlines and had a horrible experience with customer service after me and my teams flights had to be rebooked due to flight delays. I vowed to never fly with them again, but It's been so long it seems I forgot just how horrible they could be - until my recent flight. Flight attendants rude and disrespectful for no reason. In addition they skipped over me for both meals and when asking them about it I was scolded for getting out of my seat. Please give your business elsewhere.
RouteYYZ to BRU
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"a flight with a terrible crew"

Verified Review | Paris to Douala via Brussels. I asked to change my return ticket. After 1h30 on the phone I was informed that it would cost 171€ for the change of ticket. I received another call 1h later informing me that the change would actually cost me 249€, I agreed on paying this amount, insisting with the person on the phone to confirm the cost would be 249€ IN TOTAL and not 249€ + 171€. She confirmed. I received later a bill of 130€ for the change of ticket + 290€ for the cost difference, which is equivalent to 249+171€, so 420€, that I would never have accepted to pay! Since then I have called the after sale service 4 times in 6 open days to ask them to listen to my conversation and correct their mistake. They told me each time that my request is being processed and that they will call me back in the afternoon, which never happened. With regards to the flight, I had a flight with a terrible crew that looked annoyed at each request and that was being very unskilful - my neighbor got wet with wine&water after the hostess tried to serve him drinks and I got water on my computer too and never got an apology.
RouteCDG to DLA via BRU
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"never encountered a company like this "

Verified Review | Copenhagen to Brussels. I flew Brussels Airlines in July 2016, due to strike action our plane was more than 2 hours late and our luggage was left behind. I understand these things happen but what I don't understand is the lack of care shown by staff. We were a family travelling from the other side of the world we had nothing and we weren't even offered a tooth brush. No one would reply to our emails our phone calls etc until we wrote on social media (something I have never done before but we we desperate). Our luggage has been previously left behind by Air France but we were kept up to date every minute until our luggage was returned. We are entitled to compensation and we have this in writing. We provided all documents requested and they then asked for our bank details on 1 August 2016 which we provided and we have not heard from them since then. I have never encountered a company quite like this - no wonder their staff go on strike. I would think twice about flying this airline. Even after the delay leaving our luggage behind you are not even offered a complimentary glass of water!
RouteCPH to BRU
Date FlownJuly 2016

"just don’t quite cut it"

Verified Review | London to Toronto via Brussels. Flight to Brussels in economy on A320. One hour late departure because of aircraft late arrival. Not particularly friendly staff who seemed to just go through the motions. Arrived one hour late in Brussels and faced a one hour delay for luggage. All passengers on the flight were affected. It would have been a lot faster to have taken Eurostar. I had an issue getting a seat assignment when I purchased my ticket with both airlines (Air Canada and Brussels Airlines who code shared the return flight), telling me that the other was responsible for the seat assignment. Both Air Canada and Brussels Airlines told me that I would not be able to get a seat assignment except on the day at the airport which turned out to be baloney as I was able to choose my seat 24 hours before takeoff on the Brussels Airlines website. Highly amateurish behaviour on both airlines part and bad service for the cost. Brussels to Toronto in Business Class on A330. Brussels Zaventem is a mess of an airport since the terrorist tragedies. Huge lineups just to drive into it, more lineups as one has to go through a security station before one enters the Terminal building, again huge security lineups to go to the gates, lineups (mine was 35 minutes) to go through passport control and unbelievably more lining up before boarding aircraft to have one’s passport stickered. It took me nearly two hours without pause from the moment I arrived t the airport to get to board my flight. The flight ended up being pleasant enough however the configuration in Business class is not comfortable. Three rows (left, middle and right) of two seats together and one single seat alternating down the row. The single seat has lots of surface room on either side compared to the two seats together that are fitted in a space equal to the single seat. Luckily I had a single seat but witnessed the unhappiness of two fellows behind me trying to get comfortable in the limited space they found themselves in. I peeked into the economy section and counted my blessings when I saw the sea of sardines. The service was good and the food edible though not terribly original for a much touted Michelin starred chef that was supposed to have created the cuisine. If I was to redo the trip I would fly back to Toronto either through Amsterdam or Paris to avoid Zaventem and choose Air Canada or Lufthansa over Brussels Airlines who just don’t quite cut it in spite of being the only direct flight in and out of Toronto.
RouteLHR to YYZ via BRU
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"old legendary Sabena stupidity"

(Italy)

Verified Review | First leg was a night flight from Toronto to Brussels. A330 was in good state, decent seats and IES , however the crew quickly dissapeared after serving lunch with the exception of a middle aged hostess who helped with crying children over night. The short flight from Brussels to Milan was the most ridiculous experience in 30 yrs: they found a technical problem when approaching Milano and decided to fly back and land in Brussels to save some penny on maintenance costs! But at the cost of passenger's time. It's still the old legendary Sabena stupidity. They shall be desperate of money or close to bankrupcy. Never again.
AircraftA330 / BAE146
RouteYYZ to MXP via BRU
Date FlownAugust 2016

"certainly no value for money"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | I flew the Brussels Vienna route several times recently and always travelled with a Flex&Fast ticket. Advantages of the Flex&Fast ticket is bookings can be changed which I may have to do as I fly for business purposes and duration of my trips is often uncertain. Price paid for Flex&Fast is always premium (high). Apart of the flexibility Flex&Fast also allows Fast Lane Access in Brussels and Vienna which is nice. Also travelling in Flex&Fast you have priority boarding but both in Brussels and Vienna it happened several times transport to the plane is by bus so the only benefit you get then is you get on the bus first. A meal is included as well but having flown this route frequently the meal (a salad in a plastic box) always has been about the most horrible food I ever got served on an airline. I see several other passengers just like me open the box, take one bite and they are finished then. As a compensation usually the crews are enthusiastic and joyful. Flights are more or less on time though I already had a couple of delays of almost one hour in Brussels due to so called heavy traffic. Given the price paid certainly no value for money.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteBRU to VIE
Date FlownAugust 2016

"still no response for our claim"

(Hungary)

Verified Review | Budapest to New York via Brussels. There was a ground staff strike during our trip in Brussels Zaventem Airport, so we had to sit 3 hours on the plane before take off waiting for the luggage load. After 3 hours the staff told us that they only loaded the cargo and all the passengers luggage were left behind in Brussels. We got no information in New York JFK what we should do, only a paper with a token for baggage tracking (what didn't work properly). After 50 hours we got back our luggage. But, this happened in June, still no response for our claim. Nothing. And they aren't reachable on phone or mail. The onboard service is ok (not superb just ok), but that's all.
RouteBUD to JFK via BUD
Date FlownJune 2016

"Brussels Airlines didn't seem interested"

Verified Review | London to Zagreb via Brussels. I was only carrying hand luggage, as I prefer to pack light. Brussels Airlines staff made me check in my bag into the hold as the plane was 'exceptionally busy', despite being very early for my flight. My bag did not reach Zagreb the same time I did, and had to be delivered on another flight. This pretty much ruined the first part of my holiday. They had to deliver it the next day to my holiday accommodation, but we had booked an expensive day trip, which was also ruined as we had to wear dirty clothes, which were not suitable for the Croatian weather, was wearing glasses (couldn't see anything due to the glare). I understand mistakes happen, but Brussels Airlines didn't seem interested and refused to consider compensation for the inconvenience caused.
RouteLHR to ZAG via BRU
Date FlownJuly 2016

"We were truly disappointed"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Venice to Madrid via Brussels. Had a terrible experience wasting whole day due to the sudden delay from Venice to Brussels for doing the transit to Madrid both with Brussels Airlines. We supposed to traveling around in Madrid! The service and communication were not well done by the company. The delay was not our fault but we were forced to change flight as the original plane was departed without us. We ran here and there in the airport and finally been arranged to board Iberia one hour later while leaving our luggage behind. The staff told us that the luggage will either reach on time with my arrival or I have to do a claiming. Above all was still fine until we had been told our luggage (which had all the important stuff, we had no single clothings with us) will only be sent to us next day afternoon! The 'next day afternoon' was still an uncertainty, we have to waste another half day tomorrow to wait for the luggage in the hotel, this was absolutely unacceptable, never had this kind of flight experience in our life! Brussels Airlines staff should have warn us so we can make better option and at least apologise! No compensation was done on this occasion. We were truly disappointed and upset!
RouteVCE to MAD via BRU
Date FlownAugust 2016

"not show any care for its passengers"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Hamburg to Brussels. Without any previous notice Brussels Airlines changed the Avro jet by a noisy Dash 8 with props operated by low cost carrier flybe. Even with the inconveniences of that change not all passengers were granted a free drink and when you eventually did want a drink you only were available to pay by credit card. Flight with some 35 minutes delay - once again Brussels did not show any care for its passengers.
AircraftDash 8