Brussels Airlines

"total lack of care or interest"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | I understand from thousands of flights in my life, things can go wrong. What I cannot stand is deceitfulness and downright lies. Brussels Airlines through their incompetence, made us miss connections (we went to LHR eventually via Zurich) and had to fly to our ultimate destination Myanmar one day late. OK, it can happen, however we were told three times 'no problem, your baggage is taken care of'. When we arrived in LHR the only representative of the Lufthansa group were some baggage handlers who knew nothing, everyone else was long gone (22.30). When we finally arrived in Yangon a very helpful Thai Airways staff member traced our baggage to Brussels. It hadn't moved and we had been lied to. Since then we've been invited to fill in forms, we've been asked for other forms of which we have no idea, the overall impression is of total lack of care or interest, just do nothing until the complainer goes away. It will be reflected in our future use of this group. The staff they currently have are unable to run a business and need retraining, if the front of the plane staff are the same as the others not sure I want to fly their airline ever again.
RouteMalaga to London Heathrow via Brussels
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"worst experience ever"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Toulouse to Tel Aviv via Brussels. The worst experience ever! Both of my flights! Delayed and got me to lose days of work. Losing my partner suitcase (hasn't been recovered until the end of the trip). Definitely wont be traveling with this horror-flight company.
RouteToulouse to Tel Aviv via Brussels

"Flight was cancelled"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Brussels to Copenhagen. Flight was cancelled. We did not get any help or information. The service was very poor, they just didn't care. We stood in line for hours with no help. Just don't do it, it’s not worth it.
RouteBrussels to Copenhagen
Date FlownMay 2018

"canceled because of strikes"

(Luxembourg)

Trip Verified | I won't fly with this airline ever. The food during the flight is simply unsavoury. Then the first day of my Holidays, i received an email saying that my return flight was canceled because of strikes. I tried to call them 4 times before managing to reach one of their customer support. The guy did not find any ticket to replace my flight the same day (even though Malaga airport to brussels, or even charleroi, is certainly an abusively served connection). I asked him for my refund, as stated in their email, and they just told me to look with the website I used to book the tickets in the first place. So I eventually ended up having to buy an extraordinarily expensive ticket, without being sure to be reimbursed (for maximum a partial amount of the price). They just lost many customers, and forever.
RouteBrussels to Malaga

"Very pleasant airline"

Trip Verified | Berlin to Brussels. Very pleasant airline. Great service and nice personnel. We flew on time. The extra service to offer me some lemons in my tea was lovely. Next time I will fly with Brussels airlines. It’s worth the extra km from the Netherlands.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteBerlin to Brussels

"quality far below par"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Brussels to Marrakech. Expensive tickets, for quality far below par. You get a the Ryanair service for twice the price. You will pay extra for every extra. You even have to pay for a non alcoholic drink, even when your flight has over an hour of delay. Ground staff was very unfriendly (typical bureaucracy attitude. Very bad experience avoid at all times).
RouteBrussels to Marrakech
Date FlownApril 2018

"No acknowledgement, no response"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Tried to buy one checked in bag via the Brussels Airlines website one day before our flight. Received the message that the transaction was successful. In fact they charged my credit card twice for the one bag. The next day in the airport there was no info in the system that I had paid for the bag. So I could pay again, at the higher tariff. On the way back from Lisbon the same story: no info that I had paid for the bag as check-in baggage. So Brussels Airlines cheated me out of 140 Euros. I complained via their website, giving all evidence. No response. I wrote to their Brussels head office, the only address on the website. No acknowledgement, no response. This was a holiday trip, but do you think I shall ever fly this airline again on business? It is about time that Lufthanse teaches them a bit about customer service delivery.
RouteBrussels to Lisbon
Date FlownMarch 2018

"We were pleasantly surprised"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Brussels to Toronto. We had read a lot of bad reviews regarding Brussels Airlines and the service. We were pleasantly surprised by how good it was on our trip. We loved the food and the service was excellent and very attentive. What was a little disappointing was the entertainment on a long haul flight. There was a selection of about 40 movies and if you travel often this can be a bit limited on a long haul flight. Also our kids 10 & 8 were looked after well with a nice sticker book that kept them entertained for a couple of hours. The kids movie selection was even less, 5 movies max, but maybe mine are really spoiled and they have almost seen all kids movies.
AircraftA330-200
RouteBrussels to Toronto
Date FlownMarch 2018

"a budget airline after all?"

(Burkina Faso)

Trip Verified | I booked and paid extra for an Economy Privilege seat for my flight on the 13th of January 2018, but was not given all of the 'priviléges' that are supposed to be part of this booking. I complained but did not receive a reaction. I had to ask twice for an answer and finally received a 'standard' apology. Not what one would expect, certainly not as a frequent customer (with a frequent flyer status). I think it would have been correct to either: - refund me the extra payment for this 'privilege' (120 euro) - or offer me a privilege upgrade on one of my future flights. More in general: 'standard' answers by a customer service add to the frustration. So a budget airline after all?
AircraftA330-300
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteOuagadougou to Brussels
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"poor food, poor seats, poor entertainment"

Trip Verified | I have travelled extensively on many airlines and Brussels Airlines are the worst I have experienced. Quality overall is low, poor food, poor seats, poor entertainment choice, outdated planes in poor repair. On top of that the service is poor too, a fellow passenger had some dirty looks and loud huffing and puffing from a attendant for talking at a normal level while they were sleeping nearby. My interactions felt similarly unfriendly, with little desire to help, and much more interest in chatting among themselves. You will be better off with pretty much any other airline, I wouldn’t recommend travelling with them if you have any other choice.
RouteToronto to Brussels