Brussels Airlines

"utter rubbish service"

Verified Review | Brussels to London. So for the second time in a day Brussels airlines mess it up, they change the flight to a gate miles away and only tell people 5 mins before, the mass panic that ensues and then, to cap it all it's 40 minutes delayed! No mention of this on the screens however, nothing! When you ask staff the question why don't you tell us in plenty of time they say they don't make the rules! I fly a lot with business and never felt I should leave a negative review - now twice in one day , both Brussels airlines. What utter rubbish service.
RouteBrussels to London
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"uncaring of our situation"

Verified Review | Moscow to Brussels. The plane was late, nearly an hour late, so it started badly. I was then in an unfortunate position, 3 children had been left with no adults on the row behind me, they kicked the backs of our seats as soon as we sat down and it did not stop until we landed 3 hours later. Now you may argue that it's not the airlines fault, but twice I asked for assistance. The first time I was completely ignored so I had to press the service button again once having wait ages. So second time round I asked if the attendant could find and have a word with either the parents, or the children. "Well I'll see what I can do" was the response. Obviously he didn't care, I set on the edge of my seat the whole journey, almost crouched on the Brace position to get some relief. I tried again later when the attendant came past, he said one moment sir - I am now disembarked and wonder if I should still wait for them or just crack on with my journey. When I say it was hell it was hell, the staff were simply uncaring of our situation and I am dreading my onward journey with this same airline, never ever again will I choose this bunch of amateurs. Customer care means totally nothing to them.
RouteMoscow to Brussels
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"Avoid if at all possible"

(Japan)

Verified Review | Traveled from Stockholm (SAS) to Lyon via Brussels. A party of four business travelers on separate tickets. In Brussels we were on the ground for nearly 2 hours. There is no excuse for our luggage to be left behind in Brussels. Baggage personnel in Lyon could not have cared less. Avoid Brussels Airlines if at all possible.
RouteBrussels to Lyon
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"comfortable and quiet journey"

Verified Review | I flew from Edinburgh to Brussels on the new Sukhoi Superjet 100 operated for Brussels Airlines by Cityjet. The aircraft has a 2x3 seating configaration with plenty of leg room. The flight was full and left and arrived on time. Overall a comfortable and quiet journey. I did make any refreshment purchases. Crew good.
AircraftSukhoi Superjet 100
RouteEdi to Bru

"crew is very friendly"

(China)

Verified Review | Brussels to Athens. First at Brussels Airport there is a good member lounge, the lounge clean and bright and tidy, with delicious bread, tomato soup and all kinds of juice. And this member lounge is not far from the gate. Because of the reasons for the time difference, boarding, I directly put on the eye mask to rest. But when I woke up the crew asked me if I want to eat something, I had the pasta, toast, as well as desserts and chocolate. The crew is very friendly, it is a good trip, that is, the aircraft seat spacing is not large.
RouteBrussels to Athens

"aircraft was comfortable"

Verified Review | New York JFK to Brussels. I took a long haul transatlantic flight with them and was not disappointed. The aircraft was comfortable: pillows, blankets, headsets provided and a personal IFE screen with a selection of movies, music, games and EuroNews to keep you occupied during flight. Hot meal was served shortly after a take off and another snack service right before landing. Flight attendants were very professional and never rude. Both flights were on time. The lavatory was clean.
RouteNew York JFK to Brussels

"is the worst airline"

Verified Review | Copenhagen to Marseille via Brussels. Brussels Airlines is the worst airline I have ever had a misfortune of flying with. My flight was delayed for over an hour on the tarmac and we received no information about what was happening. The flight was uncomfortable, with no entertainment or food/beverages offered. Upon arrival, myself and dozens of other passengers were informed our bags were lost. I filed a lost baggage report and tried to start my vacation without any of my possessions. It has now been 7 days filled with some of the most frustrating interactions of my life. The tracking website has been down for 4 days and there is no signs of anyone doing anything to fix it. As well, after a situation where thousands of people lost bags, the entire baggage help team took the weekend off and offered no information on how to get help tracing your bags. Today is day 7 of waiting. I have spent over 10 hours on the phone, I have sent dozens of emails, and still Brussels Airlines will do nothing to help other then to tell me to "be patient." If you are considering flying with this airline I urge you to to take any other form of transportation possible to get to your destination. If you fly with Brussels Airlines, you will be severely disappointed.
RouteCopenhagen to Marseille via Brussels
Date FlownAugust 2017

"awful inflight entertainment"

Verified Review | Berlin to Mumbai via Brussels. Check in at Berlin for the flight to Brussels opened 30 mins after I had reached the airport and there was already a queue formed. Slow check in with one lady handling it all and then slowly built to 3 people checking us in. Asked for a paid upgrade to Premium for my flight from Brussels to Mumbai (as per the many emails they had sent me encouraging me to do so) but was told this can only be done in Brussels. (I had tried online- but even that's not allowed). Flight to Berlin okay. No food, no water. At BRU they forgot to send stairs - a 20 minute wait in the aircraft. Transfer at BRU chaotic and finally reached then gate - tried for upgrade again but was told the flight was full. Once boarded, we had a 35 minute delay as their connecting passengers from Manchester had not arrived.Flight to BOM was okay. Nice clean aircraft and enough room to sit. Food okay, nothing special. They serve alcohol only once. What is really awful is the inflight entertainment- there were very few options to watch. Staff were okay - friendly at times and quite surly at other times. As the airline has just introduced Mumbai to their flight map as their first destination in Asia, maybe a slightly better service would be called for.
AircraftA320 / A330
RouteBerlin to Mumbai via Brussels
Date FlownJuly 2017

"increasing insult to passengers"

Verified Review | Budapest to Manchester via Brussels on the 9th Aug 2017. Manchester, arriving at the carousel we found all luggage piled/dumped, half on the floor, half on the carousel; which on enquiry, had broken down. My daughters case was amongst the pile. I proceeded to lost luggage where l was asked to fill out a form and told that the flight containing my luggage would be on a flight arriving at 5.30 that afternoon. The assistant asked if he could phone me when the luggage was in the office; I replied yes, of course! Needless to say l didn't get a call. It was now approx. 11am. I live in The Lake District. Due to pre-aranged business plans l had to be back home that same night, so I insisted that I would return to collect my bag. Before leaving l asked if anyone behind the counter could shed light on why so many pieces of luggage from all airlines goes "missing"? We've "no idea"! "Could be many reasons, one of which is that customs can hold it back". So am I being told that customs can randomly withhold anybody's luggage at the risk of causing serious disruptions to that persons life? Nowhere does it say in the contractual agreement that your luggage may not arrive with you at your destination. Whatever the reason for this deplorable and escalating problem I was determined to find out. I tried to call Brussels airline via customer services. Via email. Via an online complaints procedure. I completed this twice but each time l tried to send the screen told me that an error had occurred. To be honest, what I really believe happens is that Brussels Airline at least, has made it impossible to contact them about anything other than spending money with them despite all the bumph on their website announcing how customer friendly they are and how you can complain and indeed even make a claim for compensation! The process of trying to have your voice heard is time consuming and excruciatingly frustrating. The airline achieves its goal and the customer gives up! Can anyone out there shed light on this increasing insult to passengers?
RouteBudapest to Manchester via Brussels
Date FlownAugust 2017

"in the race to the bottom"

Verified Review | Berlin to Porto via Brussels. I really do miss Sabena. They had a fantastic product in business and economy. Brussels Airlines is a low cost airline that wants to be a classic airline. Their economy is really not different to Easyjet and Ryanair. Your ticket contains nothing, nada, zero. I feel they are in the large group of airlines in the race to the bottom.
RouteBerlin to Porto via Brussels