Airline of the Year

Brussels Airlines

"traumatic experience"

Verified Review | I am a frequent flyer. Unfortunately with my 3 month old baby, the flight I usually take Toulouse to Moscow was full so I took Brussel Airlines via Brussels. Crew were obviously more shop keepers than flight attendants and don't give a damn about their job of caring for their customers. Traumatic experience for me and my baby.
RouteToulouse to Moscow via Brussels

"Terrible experience"

(Greece)

Verified Review | Brussels to Strasbourg. Terrible experience, on month after issuing the ticket they cancelled the flight and move me on the next day. I had to pay extra night hotel. On departure from BRU we had 45 minutes delay. On returning to BRU we had 1 hour and 20 minutes delay. What can I say for them, for such a short flight such hassle.
AircraftE145
RouteBrussels to Strasbourg

"very impolite staff"

(Italy)

Verified Review | Brussels to Tel Aviv with very impolite staff. Paid USD 400 for a 4 hours return ticket, only to discover that no food and not even water was included. When I questioned the company's new policy and mentioned that this was not a low cost flight some staff from 'Supply' crew retorted this was in fact 'great for the company'. I was simply astounded. It is very debatable how great this is going to be in the long run. As soon as real low cost companies start the route let us all switch to those. We will see then how this absurd policies and ill treatment of paying customers will turn to be not so great for the company.
RouteBrussels to Tel Aviv
Date FlownJune 2017

"add some perks to compete"

Verified Review | Porto to Budapest via Brussels. Check-in at Porto was easy and fast. Their ground staff were friendly and helpful. There wasn't a long wait. My checked bags went through to Budapest. Brussels Airport was kind of small and lacked amenities, but the rail link to downtown is excellent. Was very disappointed that neither plane I flew had in-seat or shared entertainment. Considering that they're not as cheap as the real discount airlines, they should add some perks to compete. Second flight from Brussels to Budapest was delayed by over an hour, but that was made clear.
RoutePorto to Budapest via Brussels

"crew was very friendly"

(Poland)

Verified Review | Brussels to Warsaw return on new A319. Both flights were on time, and return one arrived even a bit earlier than scheduled. Check-in without any problems and offered several options (via mobile phone, online or in kiosk at the airport). Cabin crew was very friendly and some of its members spoke several languages. Due to new Recaro seats there was relatively much legroom. However, they would really improve their service if served even a small complimentary drink.
RouteBrussels to Warsaw
Date FlownMay 2017

"customer service is extremely poor"

Unverified | The airline's on ground reservations and customer service is extremely poor, in fact it's pathetic. You cant book your tickets online, website simply crashed and any attempt to email customer service left me with "message undeliverable the email address doesn't exist". I have had to call the reservations desk in U.S. for 3 days in a row and got no help. Third day and still no tickets. This is extremely disappointing, they kept increasing flight fares so the by the end of 3rd day they are asking me to pay more! I do not recommend this airline to anyone. You are better off spending your money on others like Emirates, Qatar, Air France etc. They do great customer service and online booking is a breeze.
RouteMumbai to Washington via Brussels
Date FlownMay 2017

"leg room was sufficient"

Verified Review | London Heathrow to Brussels. Short flight of about 40 minutes from LHR to Brussels and that as well on a BAe146 for the first time. Despite the small size of the aircraft, I felt the leg room was sufficient. Staff were tentative and gave us small cup of orange juice/water. Shirt and sweet experience overall.
AircraftBAe146
RouteLondon Heathrow to Brussels
Date FlownMarch 2017

"excellent leg space"

Verified Review | Edinburgh to Washington via Brussels. Economy Class with excellent leg space. Economy Privilege the same as Economy (I did not notice any additional leg space), a better dining experience than Economy, same entertainment as Economy, a hot towel handout (timing of handing out the towels is odd though), a glass of champagne with meal. I personally wouldn’t pay an additional EUR 100 just to get a better dining experience, a hot towel and a glass of champagne. Cabin service excellent, could not fault Cabin atmosphere: Again, could not fault in anyway. Value for money, what I paid was half that of British Airways. Brussels Airport is a lovely airport which is being upgraded. Very clean with all the amenities one needs including charging ports on pretty much every seat! A330-200 in excellent condition. I would not hesitate recommending Brussels Airlines. They would get a 10/10 only if Wifi was available onboard.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteEdinburgh to Washington via Brussels

"very poor communication"

(Italy)

Verified Review | Round trip from Rome to Brussels with Brussels Airlines. First flight had 1.5 hours delay with very poor communication. We knew about the actual leaving time only after having waited in the queue for more than one hour. Return flight was event worse: the airline communicated a delay but then started the boarding before the time initially expected! The ground assistance was very rigid. They didn't allow a small bag as cabin baggage saying the cabin was full and the bag was too big to fit below the seat. I have flown several times always putting that bag under seats and also with Brussel's flight I could do the same. At the end I had to check in the bag but there were several empty spaces in the cabin. Arriving in Fiumicino I lost a bus connection because I had to wait for my bag at the belt.
RouteRome to Brussels Zaventem

"there was no service

(Greece)

Verified Review | Athens to Brussels. New A319 but with no drop down screens. Seats were untidy and over used. Seat pitch was ok. Crew were indifferent and there was no service. You had to buy everything, when you were asking to buy something the crew were smiling to you and they were friendly, otherwise were indifferent. Both flights were on time but embarkation and disembarkation were with buses (no air-bridges were used). If I had a choice I would avoid them.
RouteATH to BRU