Brussels Airlines

"Not flying with you again"

Trip Verified | Brussels to Geneva. It’s pointless to “apologize” for the delay and blame it on the previous flight if every single flight we took with Brussels Airlines was over 1h late. If customers bother to take the time to arrive on time you might try to do the same. Not flying with you again.
RouteBrussels to Geneva

"generated huge stress"

Not Verified | Berlin to Brussels. Flight cancelled after 2 hour queue allocated to a flight 9 hours later. Said flight delayed. And in meantime they allocated a standby status to us which generated huge stress as we didn't know if we would even fly later. Cabin crew blase about the 9.5 hour delay. Nothing special about their treatment of customers at all. I can't recommend not flying with them enough.
RouteBerlin to Brussels
Date FlownJuly 2018

"cancelled without any reason"

Trip Verified | Mumbai to Washington via Brussels. Onward flight from Brussels to Washington DC on July 10 was cancelled after all passengers were checked in, without any reason. The airline ticketing counter was flooded with more than 200 passengers. No help/reason for cancellation / apology was forthcoming. Rerouting was an extremely slow process took more than 5 hours as for most of the time only 2 personnel were deployed. The authorities would not deploy more staff. In the process most of the flights for the day left and all got tickets only for the next day. Ticketing staff were unhelpful and curt. Moreover, those without Schengen visas were not given hotels and have to make good in A hall with highly uncomfortable sleeping arrangements.
RouteMumbai to Washington via Brussels
Date FlownJuly 2018

"cancelled at short notice"

Trip Verified | I regularly fly with Brussels Airlines from Birmingham to Brussels to visit family and recently their customer care has gone from bad to worse. Both flights I've taken this year have been cancelled at short notice with little or no communication. Staff have no clue, are often rude and don't seem to communicate with each other at all, it always seems to be another department's problem. They make raising a complaint as difficult as they can and very little is offered in terms of apology. Will take take flights from a different airport in future so I don't have to use Brussels Airlines anymore.
RouteBirmingham to Brussels
Date FlownMarch 2018

"never take this company"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Abidjan to Brussels via Ouagadougou. I do not personally think that SABENA really deserved the motto “Such A Bad Experience Never Again”, but Brussels Airlines certainly do. You are warned. Never take this company. Particularly, if they foresee a technical issue. For the simple reason that they do not permanently have maintenance facilities and, even, a simple technician at the place of the technical issue. Therefore, if anything happens there and they cannot find by any technician hanging around by chance, then they need to send somebody from Brussels, which means by default a 24 hours delay at the place of the technical issue. Can you believe this? No? It is nevertheless true. They admitted it openly during the 30th of June, 2018 flight from Abidjan to Brussels, with a technical issue in Ouagadougou. We remained stacked at picturesque Ouagadougou for a whole day, because, by “bad luck” (as they said) Air France wasn’t that day at Ouagadougou and they could “borrow” their technician (as again they said). As to the assistance at the Ouagadougou airport (about midnight), well, less than nothing; we have to find by ourselves the staff distributing hotel vouchers, to find by ourselves the hotels shuttle busses etc. Does LH which proudly announces the Brussels Airlines participation to the Star Alliance is aware of all this?
RouteAbidjan to Brussels via Ouagadougou
Date FlownJuly 2018

"Take your business elsewhere"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Brussels. I read a few days before my scheduled flight that a strike was announced at Brussels Airlines. I immediately called the call center and they suggested a flight to me at 12:25 am. When I asked which company, the employee answered me 'SN Brussels Airlines'. They are on strike that day? Yes, indeed, but it is 4 days later. Completely worthless and apparently the employee could not find a better option. A little later I received an email that my flight was indeed going to be canceled. In the meantime I had booked a flight with Ryanair myself: they still had tickets available on the day of the flight, but the Brussels Airlines employee could not or could not book them. A few days later I received an e-mail from the booking of Brussels Airlines to a Lufthansa flight 24 hours after my planned date: I could not do anything with that either. Once we were home, we filed a claim by registered mail: except for an acknowledgment of receipt, I was not allowed to hear from them, despite several reminders. The service they offer is now a copy of Ryanair: rudimentary and once it goes wrong you are alone: ​​a worthless service center and non-existent after service. Take your business elsewhere, that's what I will do in the future.
RouteLisbon to Brussels

"No comfort at all"

Trip Verified | Mumbai to Toronto via Brussels. In-flight entertainment is poor, be cautious in selection of food at the time of ticket booking. Toilets are in poor condition. Not up to the mark for long journeys. No comfort at all.
RouteMumbai to Toronto via Brussels
Date FlownJune 2018

"Will definitely avoid "

(Slovenia)

Trip Verified | I had a Brussels Airlines ticket Lisbon to Edinburgh via Brussels, and Brusselsto Ljubljana. First flight from Lisbon to Brussels was nice, cabin attendants did really nice job. Second leg delayed, however still fine. The problem with Brussels airlines is their customer service. When I did my check in from Edinburgh to Brussels and Ljubljana despite there was an original departing time in the system, the generated boarding pass from Edinburgh to Brussels was with new later departing time meaning missing my connection flight to Ljubljana. You have to be extremely careful since the only information about the change in departing time was only in the boarding pass. First I called Brussels airlines phone number at Edinburgh Airport. They confirmed new departure time, however not being able to help since they are only an agent and not really Brussels airlines office. After that I spend several hours on the phone and have never ever before experienced such attitude form any representative form any airline. The first phone was to Brussels Airlines in Brussels. Male representative was the rudest possible, stating that I'm obviously lying about the situation, was not willing to help and after several attempts to explain the situation offered me an alternative, flying from Edinburgh to London, then Helsinki and form Helsinki to Ljubljana. He made a clear statement that this is the only possible alternative. Quite strange, since there was possible to get new tickets, much better ones, most of them even with Star alliance members. I refused. Called later Brussels airlines in London. The lady who spoke hardly understandable English confirmed the new departure time, however claimed that the flight from Brussels to Ljubljana, operated by Adria Airways, will also be delayed and that in such cases they are not obliged to rebook me to a different flight. Called Adria Airways in Ljubljana and they were surprised by the information about their flight being delayed. And in fact, it wasn't. She was the second representative of Brussels airlines who obviously lied about the situation. At 1 am in the morning the same day that I had a flight I called London Brussels Airlines again and finally got a lady on the phone willing to help. She changed my flight, even asked about the preferences, so at the end I was able to fly a bit earlier from Edinburgh to Ljubljana via Zurich. I've never experienced such appalling customer service with airline representatives obviously lying just to do noting regarding their responsibilities. Truly frustrating. Will definitely avoid Brussels Airlines in the future.
AircraftA320/A319
RouteLisbon to Edinburgh via Brussels

"Customer service appalling"

Trip Verified | Brussels to Birmingham. Flight supposed to land at 21.35, landed at 2am at night. No trains at that time, hence had to take taxi. 3 weeks later they still haven't even replied to my request for a refund of taxi expenses. Customer service appalling. Avoid.
RouteBrussels to Birmingham
Date FlownMay 2018

"not take Brussels Airlines again"

Not Verified | Brussels to Douala. Agent was very unprofessional. My sister and I approached her to have our seats next to each other. She changed it to different seats but not next to each other. When asked, she had an attitude that we could take it or leave it. We left for our seats and realised that she had put the same names on both boarding pass. We returned to her, she never apologised and still had an attitude. I was very shocked. What poor customer service. So disappointed and will not take Brussels Airlines again.
RouteBrussels to Douala