Vote Now

Brussels Airlines

"a very good experience"

Verified Review | Brussels to Toronto. Business class on Brussels Airlines A330 alternates rows seating 1-2-1 with rows seating 2-1-2. When seated at the window seat of one of the 2-1-2 rows, the passenger can only enter or exit his/her seat by "walking over" the fellow passenger: this is quite awkward, specially when not travelling with a partner. Fortunately our flight was only half full, so I could move to a single window seat. Apart from this, the plane is spotless, flat seat very comfortable, service punctual and very courteous, food excellent although somewhat limited choice. An added touch - perhaps not a permanent one - a gift of a nice Belgian chocolate box to each passenger. Overall, a very good experience.
RouteBrussels to Toronto

"very pleasant experience"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Brussels to Prague return. Both flights operated by A320 aircraft painted on the Red Devils livery which is impressive. Check in services in Brussels a breeze with polite and helpful staff. Boarding the same. Onboard welcomed by a smiling crew. Since I was traveling on a Flex fare I was offered on board catering which was delicious. Information provided from the flight deck and also shown on the IFE screens. The crew was attentive, professional and well groomed. Flights on time. Baggage delivery swift and honored priority baggage delivery on both airports. Overall a very pleasant experience. Will be flying them again soon!
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteBrussels to Prague
Date FlownMarch 2017

"fly Brussels Airlines again"

(Hungary)

Verified Review | Krakow to Brussels. I booked this flight with the purpose of flying the Avro RJ100 before it's phased out from Brussels Airlines' fleet. The boarding was fast and the departure from KRK occured earlier than it's been planned. The purser of the flight welcomed us and was friendly during the flight. The only complaint I have is about the quality of the catering products. The seats on this old aircraft were extremely comfortable with a large legroom. The flight time was less than 2 hours and the flight was basically uneventful. We arrived at BRU before STA. To sum up, the flight was pleasent and punctual and I had a good customer service experience. I'd fly Brussels Airlines again.
AircraftAvro RJ100
RouteKrakow to Brussels
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"service as good as this"

(Denmark)

Verified Review | Dakar to Copenhagen via Brussels. My son fainted at check in Dakar. We don’t speak French and the situation was very unpleasant. A staff member from Brussels Airline came to our help. He arranged that a nurse came and my son was taken to a medical clinic in the airport. Soon it was clear, that we could not fly that evening and my son had to go to a hospital. The staff arranged that baggage was delivered back to us and helped with hotel and transportation for 4 other members of our family. He followed me and my son to the hospital in the ambulance and told us to contact the office when my son was ready to fly. Next day my son was ready to fly, but the plane was fully booked – Brussels Airline office told us they would find a solution. 3 staff worked to rearrange passengers to ensure that we could sit together. We got 6 nice seats in the plane – better then the ones we bought. And the price for all this; “don’t worry about that, just have a nice flight”. I have never experienced a service as good as this! When you are in deep problems, you can be very happy to have Brussels Airlines Senegal at your side.
RouteDakar to Copenhagen via Brussels
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"they swapped my ticket with no fees to assure I got home safely"

Verified Review | We we're meant to fly to Milan last night, flew in from Birmingham and we were changing in Brussels. When we got to Brussels I received some bad news so I could no longer fly to Milan. I had to get back to Birmingham asap and the last flight of the night was leaving in 15 mins and I hadn't even got a ticket. Brussels Airlines got me on that flight with no delays and were so kind and helpful about it! I am still amazed that they swapped my ticket with no fees to assure I got home safely.
RouteBHX to MXP via BRU
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"flex and fast product is pointless"

Verified Review | Brussels to Manchester with Brussels Airlines. Horrible company to fly with. Their flex and fast product is pointless as you will have to queue like anybody else. The staff look a bit miserable and unhappy, it really feels like they aren't even trying to make an effort. I would rather fly Ryanair and save my money.
RouteBRU to MAN
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"zero respect for passenger"

Verified Review | Manchester to Toronto via Brussels. Zero respect for the passenger. Lost both of our suitcases one for six days and the other until the day before our return. Spend 4 hours trying to record the loss of our luggage as 40 other people had not got theirs either. Cost me 50 CAD for the parking £75 in phone calls to try and trace the baggage as well as every morning wasted attempting to call either Toronto or Brussels to see if the baggage had been found only to be told two days before I returned that the baggage had not left Brussels. I have lost both of those cost as they do not have to pay incidentals even though the cost was incurred due to the fact that they had lost our luggage. The response from the airline is almost as if they are immune to all that may cost you due to their incompetence. Food was distinctly average even though the staff were very pleasant on board. there truly is nothing good about this outfit other than that.
RouteMAN to YYZ via BRU
Date FlownDecember 2016

"most disorganized airlines"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | One of the most disorganized airlines. On my flight to Geneva from Prague we were marooned on one plane in Brussels for two hours after being told that "there's some slight technical problem". Then we were moved to another plane, where we kept being marooned for the next 3 hours. As the result I was 6 hours late when finally arrived. On my return flight, another delay due to which I almost missed my connecting flight. What kind of a service is that? Steer clear from this company unless you always want to be late, hungry, thirsty and angry at your destination. I give this airline the lowest possible score. One other note: You have to pay for food and drinks aboard. The cabin crew is polite though.
RouteGeneva to Prague via Brussels

"Totally awful experience"

Verified Review | We flew out of Manchester to Nice via Brussels. On arrival in Nice our baggage had not arrived along with a dozen or so other people. Very unhelpful staff on the baggage counter. Brussels Airlines simply did not want to help or offer any aftercare. We were skiing and staying two hours from Nice up a mountain. We had to spend 3 days in the clothes we stood up in. Brussels Airlines offers no help and I had to phone the baggage helpline twice a day myself. After 3 days 4 of us were re-united with bags. They had actually arrived in Nice the day before apparently but nobody could be found to make the 2 hour journey to our accommodation . One of our party still doesn't have her bag. On return home they then lost one of the bags again. I am now trying to engage with Brussels Airlines to find the lost bags and make a complaint and seek compensation. Our holiday was ruined as we were unable to ski for 4 out of the 6 days we were there. It is impossible to actually speak to anyone and impossible to find an email address to send a complaint letter. This company really does not care about it's customers. It does not care about your luggage and has no coherent procedure for reuniting you with luggage should it go missing. Totally awful experience and I will never fly with them again.
RouteMAN to NCE via BRU

"totally awful experience"

Verified Review | We flew out of Manchester to Nice via Brussels. On arrival in Nice our baggage had not arrived along with a dozen or so other people. Very unhelpful staff on the baggage counter. Brussels Airlines simply did not want to help or offer any after care. We were ski'ing and staying two hours from Nice, up a mountain. We had to spend 3 days in the clothes we stood up in. Brussels Airlines offers no help and I had to phone the baggage helpline twice a day myself. After 3 days 4 of us were re-United with bags. They had actually arrived in Nice the day before apparently but nobody could be found to make the 2 hour journey to our accommodation. One of our party still doesn't have her bag. On return home they then lost one of the bags again. I am now trying to engage with Brussels Airlines to A) Find the lost bags. B) Make a complaint and seek compensation. Our holiday was ruined as we were unable to ski for 4 out of the 6 days we were there. It is impossible to actually speak to anyone and impossible to find an email address to send a complaint letter. Totally awful experience and I will never fly with them again.
RouteMAN to NCE via BRU