British Airways

Review by (United Kingdom)

Did this same trip last summer with delays etc but thought we had just been unlucky but history repeated itself. All legs were delayed. Technical issues or weather were blamed. BA do not seem to have much in the way of contingency plans and particularly where terminal 5 at Heathrow is concerned it takes very little weather to throw the whole place into confusion. At all points information was lacking or contradictory. I cannot decide if they lie or are so inept that they do not communicate with each other. Eg our internal flight home was showing as being subject to big delays for hours online. When we arrived at the gate the delay was announced as a sudden crew issue. A new thing this year seemed to be to bring out the captain to speak to passengers - maybe we were supposed to be charmed. This happened both at Heathrow and Boston. On the long haul flights the seats were tiny ( the internal ones were better which seems strange), on both long haul legs of the journey the entertainment system did not work and the food was lamentable and definitely worse than a few years ago. The cabin crew were nice but that's about it.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteManchester to Boston via Heathrow

Review by (United Kingdom)

The British Airways plane I flew on from Larnaca - an ageing 767 - was clearly tired and while clean, looked frayed around the edges. Club Europe offers a free seat next to you but this was not on offer on the 767 so it also felt a little cramped, especially as the seat is no different from the Economy seat. Food was acceptable, but not the best I have been offered on European business class flights.
RouteLCA to LHR

Review by (United Kingdom)

Absolutely disappointing experience. Flight was delayed by more than 2 hours but ground staff were unfriendly and unwilling to help arrange transport options even though plane touched down after midnight with no public transport options available. Reason was claimed to be weather but both Aberdeen and London experienced good weather, with no other flights being delayed in both locations. Concocted reason to fool passengers. Would not recommend this airline previous two flights have been delayed for at least an hour each.
RouteHeathrow to Aberdeen

Review by (Australia)

Not sure who invented these seats but they are awful. Difficult to get in and out if you are inside. Has not flown British Airways for a number of years but they have not improved in this time, food still very mediocre and service the same. You even had to pay in advance to select a seat, which we did. However, when we checked in, we were told sorry crew using the seats you paid for! Still waiting for my refund. Inflight entertainment is rubbish - movies well past their sell by date. Back to Emirates for us.
RouteLondon to Kuala lumpur

Review by (United Kingdom)

I do not like this new business class arrangement in short haul. I am wondering if is is worth paying a premium for no extra leg room and a side table. New seats are better. Service attentive. Food okay.
RouteLondon to Berlin

Review by (United Kingdom)

Slight delay. Games advertised on website, not able to access in economy. TV not working for 1st hour, then when it did, couldn't hear it though the provided headphones, so had to choose film with subtitles. Although staff doing their jobs, the 3 near us seemed to have an attitude, a man behind asked for a cup of tea and the flight assistant muttered under his breath. My partially sighted mother asked politely for milk with her tea and the flight assistant, made her feel stupid by shoving it in her face and sarcastically saying "there it is". I realise she didn't know my mother was partially sighted, but maybe she should be aware that you can't always see people's disabilities. I had no problem with our outbound flight to Denver from Heathrow, (except the headphones) the staff on that plane were all very pleasant, I will think twice before booking BA again.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteDenver to Heathrow

Review by (Denmark)

A slight delay in boarding (BA 816 - scheduled departure 12:55) resulted in priority boarding being suspended for general boarding. Hardly had the wheels left the ground before the person in row 1F (I was seated in 2F) reclined his seat back as far as it would go. When one of the cabin crew walked past (seat belt sign, still on) I asked if this was allowed. To my astonishment, I was told that yes it was. It was my understanding that the seat back must be in the upright position while the seatbelt sign is on during climb.
RouteLHR to CPH

Review by (United Kingdom)

Check in agent at Glasgow was very cheerful and polite. Both crews were efficient and polite, if not particularly engaging. In economy it was a very standard service. I like the new seats on both aircraft. What I don't like is having to transfer from T5 to T3 at Heathrow. Over the past several years I seem to always end up travelling to the destinations requiring this transfer, which adds a lot of time and hassle to what would be an extremely efficient domestic to international connection at T5.
AircraftA319/A320
RouteGLA to PRG via LHR

Review by (United Kingdom)

Flew from Gatwick on 09/08/15 to Genoa to join a cruise. Whilst the aircraft was clean, everything else seems to be very old and fit for purpose for a display at a museum. At the back only one toilet was working. Seats very cramped and not comfortable. It was an 8am flight, to my horror only a small cold croissant with a bit of none descriptive cheese in the middle was served with a hot drink. Bearing in mind the flight price on Skyscanner for could have cost over GBP500 pounds. In the good old days British Airways flights from Manchester to Heathrow lasting about an hour served hot breakfast. It appears British Airways does not want to maintain its quality image and I am really disappointed on this flight.
RouteGatwick to Genoa

Review by (Canada)

This was my first flight on a British Airways aircraft with the new, slimmer seats and I was quite appalled by the seat pitch (space between rows). The seat back in front of me (I was seated in 14C) was so close to my face that I could not hold up a magazine to read. I had to try to twist sideways in my seat and hold the magazine in the aisle. I passed on the light breakfast that was served because it just seemed like too much trouble to try and eat from a plastic box that would have been almost pressed against my chest. The cabin crew on my flight was very pleasant and professional and the aircraft interior was immaculate, but in the future I'll avoid British Airways within Europe. The single-aisle aircraft of Air France, which I fly regularly, are far more comfortable.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Toulouse