Best Cabin Crew

British Airways

"clean new leather seats"

(Italy)

Milan Linate to London Heathrow on December the 6th. Flight arrived at Terminal 5 20 minutes early. Polite and smiling cabin crew. As meal option, being late afternoon we received a sandwich and small bread with raisins, with complimentary drinks. The aircraft interior in very good condition with clean new leather seats and the new lighting that was left on a blue light mood, same for the washrooms with the nice touch given to floor reproducing a parquet. The experience with the ground staff at Linate, left something to be desired as the staff members seemed quite annoyed with their job and not so helpful; once we checked our bags, they didn't give us no further information about where are located the security control nor about the gate to follow. T5 staff very friendly and helpful. T5 was very clean but a bit too crowded. Fast and efficient baggage reclaim.
RouteMXP to LHR
Date FlownDecember 2015

"crew were upbeat and attentive"

1730 British Airways flight from Barcelona to Heathrow on 30th January, seated in 28F right at the back. Flight was chockers. We were delayed taking off by an hour due to problems with French Air Traffic Control testing a new computer system. I had onward connection to Hong Kong which was already tight, told the crew, they responded promptly, and I was met at Heathrow with a luminescent envelope which gave me priority through security (I just made the connection). Onboard the crew were upbeat and attentive, the snack was fine, some sort of chicken roll and a very good coffee and chocolate cake. I guess it was the last flight of the day, so it had that lovely end of term feel about it, everyone was relaxed despite the delay. I think people are a bit hard on BA, they're not flash but for short hops anyway they get the job done.
RouteBCN to LHR
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"definitely fly them again"

Very good service on a packed British Airways flight from London to Mumbai. Crew were excellent. Food a wine were well matched. The business class seat is old now, but I still find it very comfortable. Video selection was a treat with a good number of independent movies. Would definitely fly them again.
RouteLHR to BOM

"good food and drink"

An excellent flight from Atlanta to London, with good food and drink, plenty of space and a helpful cabin crew. Plane was delayed by bad weather in London but the crew tried to turn things around. The IFE system was one of British Airways newer versions which was very good, and it's a shame it is not available across the British Airways fleet.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteATL to LHR
Date FlownNovember 2015

"cost-cutting being evident"

Doha to London Heathrow via Bahrain. As a loyal British Airways customer for 20 years, I have noticed wide variations in the type of flight attendant service and meal/beverage service provided on longhaul flights. BA's longhaul Club World seat is showing its age compared to the competition, but I like the seat cushion. Having to jump over someone's feet to access a window seat is not ideal. AVOD quality varies depending on the type and age of the aircraft, and storage space for small items also varies. Service onboard was good from BAH to LHR, and meal service was good, despite cost-cutting at BA being evident in recent years. The washrooms were reasonable, but not up to the standard of competitors. The flight was on time, and my bags transferred at LHR to my next flight to the USA.
RouteDOH to LHR via BAH
Date FlownDecember 2015

"incompetent staff at check in"

I received a message at 3am to inform me that my British Airways flight from Zurich to LCY will be delayed by 1 hour. Travelling with a 5yr old, and already staying at the Zurich Airport Radisson, I decided to arrive at the check in 2 hrs before the new departure time. Unfortunately, the incompetent staff at the check in desk informed me that the flight is Closed and no more check ins. I knew this was incorrect, and asked for the Supervisor, who knew that the flight, being at least 1 hour late departure (2.5hrs as it turned out) is not closed! We were checked in of course! BA - please train your check in staff or fire the incompetent ones. Luckily, as a very frequent flyer, I was not going to accept the nonsense of the first check in who suggested we should fly in the evening?
RouteZRH to LCY
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"in need of urgent update"

(Brazil)

London to São Paulo Guarulhos. British Airways Boeing 747's looks very old, outdated and in need of an urgent update. I heve flown 8 times in the past 2 month always in their Boeing 747s and all of them were in the same condition. I just hope that the maintenance in the vital systems are better than inside the aircraft, as one can see in the attached pictures taken from my seat in the upper deck in my last flight. Also the entertainment system is very limited.
RouteLHR to GRU
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"good hand baggage only deal"

After several bad experiences with British Airways over the last year I used them for a short hop from Ukraine to the UK. On check-in at KBP I wasn't offered lounge access (Silver tier FF). I found a good hand baggage only deal. The service onboard was efficient but friendly. A meal was served on this flight which was Chicken Kiev, tasty considering the price I paid. Arrived at LHR early and we arrived at a terminal airbridge and weren't bused to the terminal, as is often the case.
RouteKBP to LHR

"first and last time"

Vancouver to Heathrow, and the first and last time I will fly with British Airways. The aircraft from the stand looks impressive but soon as we boarded you could tell that the aircraft was at least 30 years old and it was so dated on the inside. My flight home was delayed - yes this does happen to every airline, but they allowed us to board the plane and there was an electrical fault, the professionalism of BA Staff was appalling.
RouteYVR to LHR

"very nice welcome"

British Airways flight from Glasgow to London Heathrow under Iberia code IB7519. Boarding was prompt and a very nice welcome from the crew. The flight left on time and arrived early at T5. The seat was comfortable and the meal served was breakfast which was very good. Several rounds of coffee and tea served. Very good flight.
RouteGLA to LHR