British Airways

Review by (United Kingdom) 5th July 2015

Flew back 30 June, LGW-MCO flight delayed at Gatwick for 8 hours. Got told at 13.55 when flight was supposed to leave that there was a technical fault and they were bringing in a new aircraft from Cardiff, told to report back at 15.15 to be told that still not here and to report back later and given £10 voucher. Told we would take off at 17.15 Come 17.15 got told they needed to try and get a crew. Did not depart until after 9pm. It was our tenth wedding anniversary not one member of staff said anything (I spoke with back duty office the day before and was told they would arrange a glass of champagne inflight). Boarded aircraft which was a very old 777, no champagne, no duty free and no kids packs. My IFE had to be rebooted.
RouteGatwick to Orlando

Review by (United Kingdom) 4th July 2015

I was pleased to see that British Airways now uses 'proper' gates at Terminal 3 Heathrow, compared to the previous bus boarding scrum. The boarding was organised, the crew friendly and the onboard service good. We were served a tasty ham and cheese croissant with drinks, the flight departed and arrived on time and bags arrived quickly. The seat wasn't very comfortable but all in all, very good!
RouteHeathrow to Warsaw

Review by (United States) 4th July 2015

This was my first time with British Airways. I was disappointed in the amount of seat/leg room compared to some other airlines I've traveled with. I was also surprised that on longer European flights London to Istanbul for example which I traveled) there was no TV when the flight is as long or longer than flights in Asia from country-to-country which have TV/entertainment system. The universal entertainment system was broken too and the sound wasn't working. The service button to call an attendant was broken too. A stewardess on this particular flight from JFK to LHR (BA1511 on June 19, 2015) was so rude to my daughter. My daughter is unable to eat dairy and both food options on the plane included dairy. My daughter asked nicely if there was any non-dairy options and the stewardess, takes the food from my daughter’s tray and says “I guess you’re just going to have to eat that salad.” It wasn’t what she said that bothered me, it was the way she said it. She didn’t offer pretzels or non-dairy snacks or anything. This was my first experience with British Airways, and I was disappointed. It wasn’t until my flight back home that I felt a bit better. On my ride back with British Airways, not this flight in specific (from LHR to LAS), I encountered a steward who was very pleasant, polite and very professional.
RouteJFK to TAV via LHR

Review by (Canada) 4th July 2015

As a frequent flyer on various airlines, British Airways is by far the worst I have experienced. Substandard customer service even before the flight. My original plan was to fly from Toronto to Rome via London on July 2nd. Three tickets were purchased and confirmed in March. Two weeks before departure, an email was sent to me altering my flight from London to Rome. I called and waited on the service hotline - I was able to get myself on one flight and my parents on another. The rep refused to try to put me together with my parents. Less than 48 hours before departure my rescheduled flight was rerouted to Naples. The agent told me all extra travel expenses would be my own. On the day of departure I got my flight from Gatwick to Rome after rushing from Heathrow. I was told initially the flight was rerouted to Naples and just before departure this reverted back to a direct flight to Rome - very confusing communication. I arrived in Rome to discover my parents flight was delayed for four hours. With more BA flights arriving into the terminal, the service desk was closed before my flight even arrived. There are no BA reps anywhere to seek assistance.
RouteToronto to Rome via London

Review by (Singapore) 3rd July 2015

My family and I flew from Rotterdam to London on 26th of June, and it's our first time traveling with BA. We chose it as we thought this airlines would be better than budget airlines with constant delays. We were very wrong. We arrived at the airport on time and sat down to wait. BA announced flight delays due to "technical" error for 1.5 hours before finally announcing that the flight was cancelled. We were given no explanation except for one phrase "technical fault". We were then unceremoniously sent back to queue in line to be rescheduled. We waited another 45 mins and was then transferred to a 7.20pm flight (original was 1.05pm). We were denied all chances to board an earlier one at 4pm. We did not complain or gave BA any trouble. We followed procedures and applied for compensation online. Their reply was simply a sorry and they denied all responsibilities.
RouteRotterdam to London

Review by (Thailand) 3rd July 2015

Returning from Chicago to Berlin, the overall flight experience was no better than the outward sectors a week earlier. I opted to skip dinner and instead have breakfast since the flight landed around 10:00. Breakfast was a hard slab of cake with one drink - a total disgrace! Once again the cabin was too warm and I saw no passengers using their blankets. The Berlin flight ex-LHR was delayed, initially due to the usual "late incoming aircraft" excuse, and then to a broken APU. So no air was being pumped in to the cabin and the engines could not be started! For some reason it then took half an hour to locate one that did actually work. Meanwhile on one of the hottest days of the year we waited on board in increasingly sauna-like conditions. The captain kept us informed and then made up a bit if time, although we still landed 35 minutes late.
AircraftB777-300 / A319
RouteChicago to Berlin via London Heathrow

Review by (Hong Kong) 2nd July 2015

My experience chimes with the general consensus on the Club World service LHR-JFK. Cabin, seats and fittings are showing their age and look rather shabby by this point. Not too clean, red wine spills on my foot rest when I boarded. Tiny screen and IFE looked dated, not great entertainment selection. The food quality was good but service from cabin crew was rather indifferent with little attempt to make it a special dining experience. Nuts and chocolates served in packets, not bowls. Not attentive over providing drinks refills or water. I wasnt offered all of the items listed on the menu - where did my fruit and cheese platter go? Had to ask for coffee/tea refills after the meal. Brewed coffee only - no fresh lattes/cappuccinos. Was not offered disgestifs after the meal. Cabin crew disappeared after the meal. Self service snacks in the galley were economy quality (apart from some nice rose champagne). Just not a luxury or experience! Felt like I was in economy but with more space and food.
RouteLHR to JFK

Review by (United Kingdom) 1st July 2015

On this occasion my partner and I experienced a 3.5 hour delay with BA. There was no communication at the airport, nothing until we got onto the plane where the captain told us delays were due to a bag that had not been checked in correctly at Heathrow. Because of the delay when the plane finally arrived it had no water on board and was not permitted to fill up at our destination. This meant disgusting toilets because of no flush and no warm drinks on board. We were sat on the runway for an hour because the engines would not start. We had no aircon for 40 mins. When we finally got back to Heathrow the captain told us that he was sorry for the issues.
RouteHeathrow to Ibiza

Review by (United Kingdom) 1st July 2015

Boarding well organised and efficient. Seated in World Traveller on the upper deck. 2x4x2 on this deck is preferable to the 3x4x3 on the lower deck. Flight attendants welcome customers on board and service was friendly and professional. Seat fairly comfortable. Legroom standard for economy. IFE excellent; a huge range of entertainment options. The disappointment was lunch. The chicken casserole was basically a few pieces of chicken swimming in oil with a few vegetables. Very poor. Afternoon tea, on the other hand, was nice.
RouteLondon to Los Angesles

Review by (Canada) 30th June 2015

YUL to FCO and BCN to YUL. PTV on each for e long haul planes, entertainment did the job and it was activated when I boarded the aircraft. The food was ok except on the return flight from London to Montreal where the chicken was dry. No flight delays on outbound journey but 3 hour delay on the return flight where the aircraft has to be changed due to the mechanical problem.
RouteYUL to FCO via LHR