bmi Regional

"they say payment was made"

(Réunion)

Trip Verified | The flight Paris to Bristol in April was cancelled because the captain didn't like the look of something on the plane. Instead of an early flight we eventually got to Bristol after midnight, not much use for the work planned that day. Their way of fooling you is simple: agree quickly that you deserve the 250 euros compensation, but then do nothing. When you complain they say the payment was made, that it then came back to them, or whatever. It's now September and I realise they never had any intention of making the payment.
RouteParis to Bristol
Date FlownApril 2018

"still have not received a penny"

Trip Verified | Flight cancelled on 6th May with no reason given, this was after I had checked my bag in and was sitting at the departure gate. Ground crew at Stanstead (not BMI) was extremely helpful and gave out contact details for compensation and reimbursement. This was applied for on the 8th May 2018. After numerous emails and phone calls and last communication on the 16th August to say my compensation has been process and they were still waiting to process my out of pocked expenses of over £170.00 - this is now the 14th September and I still have not received a penny. I am totally disgusted with their customer services and I will never use their service route again. Why should I be waiting this long on money which is due to me.
RouteDerry to London Stansted
Date FlownMay 2018

"No info at gate"

Not Verified | Hamburg to Bristol. Always late which they blame on air traffic control. No info at gate stating delay, have to rely on flight stats. Always park miles away from terminal so long bus journey to and from aircraft
AircraftE145
RouteHamburg to Bristol
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"absolutely dreadful experience"

Not Verified | I was supposed to fly on the 06:25 flight from Newcastle to Brussels for a connecting flight to Slovenia. The incoming flight on the Sunday had been cancelled but I received no warning. I got to the airport at 5am to find out the flight was delayed by almost 6 hours. The young lad on the desk couldn't offer any help in getting us rerouted. I had meetings planned on the Monday afternoon. There was also no ground staff who could help. I was given a number to ring but the woman I spoke to immediately said I was given the wrong number. She did then try to look at flights but said there wasn't anything she could do. The flight took off over 6 hours late using what seemed like an old plane. A few seats were out of use and the plane had a bad smell. I was over 11 hours late into Ljubliana. An absolutely dreadful experience! It's worth bearing in mind I paid £800 for the flight.
RouteNewcastle to Ljubljana via Brussels
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"a truly awful airline"

Trip Verified | Paris to Bristol. Friday 20 July flight from CDG T3 was delayed and eventually cancelled after three hours. I only realised something was happening when l noticed some of the passengers were getting on the airport bus and when I enquired what was happening, the ground crew told us to go to T2A to get the 21:45 BA flight to LHR and then another flight to Bristol. Then we were turfed out in Arrivals to make our own way to T2A. When I eventually found the BA customer services desk in the depths of the terminal the rude woman on customer services denied all knowledge of the arrangement and turned me away. I am now on my way back into Paris and frantically trying to find a way of getting home this weekend. BMI already owe me the statutory Eur 250 from a flight they cancelled without notice several months ago. It’ll be no surprise to learn that they haven’t responded or paid up. BMI are a truly awful airline.Paris to Bristol.
AircraftEmbraer 145
RouteParis to Bristol
Date FlownJuly 2018

"no customer service"

Trip Verified | Stansted to Derry. They often cancel or delay flights and no customer service. Call centre only open basic office hours and not when you need to speak to someone. 60 daty average response time to emails and no help at the airport. No real people or staff to assist. Worst airline ever booked with.
Date FlownJuly 2018

"poor customer services"

Trip Verified | Bristol to Paris. Upon checking in, found out that my return flight had been cancelled and I had been automatically moved onto another flight (15hrs earlier). This meant I ended up losing a full day of my holiday and was informed the cancellation was due to low passenger numbers on the return flight. No notification prior which was extremely frustrating and then they refused to refund me the return flight costs which would have allowed me to change to another airline with a more appropriate timeslot. Upon my return I contacted BMI customer services to complain, in they end they did agree to pay me compensation but that would be paid in 30 working days. This timeframe came and went with no sight of any payment. I ended having to chase them for the next 4 weeks being told a number of different excuses. It was only when I threaten them with legal action did they pay within 24hrs. This is my fourth flight with BMI and following this experience this will be my last, there unreliable schedule and poor customer services let them down.
AircraftEmbraer ERJ 145
RouteBristol to Paris
Date FlownMarch 2018

"enjoyed the small plane experience"

Trip Verified | Stansted to Derry . Nice old fashioned regional airline! No extra charges for baggage, reserved seats or emergency exits. Comfortable regional jet in 1-2 configuration and plenty of leg room. Once flight attendant managed to serve the whole cabin with a complementary drink and snack an hour, offering second drinks before we landed. Very different to what we have become used to with other, larger airlines! The Embraer jet is small, and no it was not brand new but it departed and arrived on time and all in all, I enjoyed the small plane experience - no crowds, more leg room and a nice free G&T. I would recommend bmi Regional without hesitation.
AircraftEmbraer E145
Date FlownJune 2018

"Your Flight is cancelled"

Trip Verified | We were due to fly out from Stansted to Derry on 28th May. We woke at 05:00 to find we had received a text cancelling our flight. No explanation or excuse was given, just a one liner "Your Flight is cancelled". When checking the website, the same was seen, no link, to what to do next, no sorry, no refund information, nothing, a big fat zero. And now some 14 days later, having emailed asking for a refund, which I must assume is due, we've heard nothing. We managed to book for the next day with Easyjet, at a cheaper rate for 5 of us. However we are out of pocket, as an addition to getting no refund to date, we've also not been offered any compensation, like the cancellation fee for our car hire, the cost of hiring another car and travelling a greater distance into an alternative airport, to say nothing of the inconvenience of taking time to make another booking for flights, car hire etc. BMI Regional's customer care is appalling, I will not be using them again, and suggest if you are considering it, don't!
Date FlownJune 2018

"cancellations routine"

Trip Verified | A last minute cancellation of our flight from Munich to Bristol meant our family of 4 (inc. a 2yo and a 6yo) was re-routed via Frankfurt. No explanation was given for the cancellation and we were already at the gate when we were notified. The Lufthansa Service desk staff described such cancellations as "routine" when they re-booked our flight. Our flight MUC-FRA (a Lufthansa service) was fine, but on reaching the gate for our flight FRA-BRS we were told that the next leg (a BMI Service) was cancelled because of technical problems. This was at 19:30. We should have already landed in BRS at 16:50. The kids were exhausted and ready for bed. We were offered either another BMI flight FRA-BRS the next afternoon or a Lufthansa flight to London Heathrow (the other side of the Country; helpful!) that evening. We chose Lufthansa to LHR, figuring that might actually work. Naturally BMI would not cover taxi or other transport back to BRS - that's apparently our problem. We eventually arrived at our final destination at 00:30 with 2 extremely tired children and 2 very grumpy, stressed and exhausted adults. Over 13h travel, door-to-door, for a "short" trip to Bristol! We will be avoiding BMI in future and sticking to Lufthansa, even if it does mean an extra drive across country from LHR.
RouteMunich to Bristol