bmi Regional

"am still at 20.52 sitting in Aberdeen airport"

Verified Review | Feeling let down as my bmi Regional flight from Aberdeen to Norwich was due to leave at 3pm today and now find my flight cancelled until 6.25. Having put most people on other aircraft's back, I found myself a single lady flyer having further cancellations and am still at 20.52 sitting in Aberdeen airport with my elderly parents waiting to pick me up at the other end which was meant to be at the latest 5.30pm with an hour travelling time to and from airport 7.5 hours delay for an internal flight! Really bmi.
RouteAberdeen to Norwich
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"worst airline I have experienced"

Verified Review | Bristol to Hamburg. I am forced to travel with bmi every three weeks. In my opinion they are the worst airline I have experienced. They are significantly overpriced and do not provide any unique services to warrant charging the amounts they do. Air France, KLM and others charge similar amounts but at least offer a reward scheme - rubbish. They have a limited fleet which is why they are often delayed. A flight late into Birmingham will mean a delay from Bristol because they use that one plane to fly multiple routes - rubbish. They claim that a sandwich and drink is included. It is, but invariably they don't have hot drinks, or only a cheap stale tuna sandwich - rubbish. The crew often come across as moody but given the company they work for I can't blame them. Some check in desks only open an hour before the flight - rubbish. Gates often open late and go straight to a "gate closing" status - meaning the uninitiated bmi passenger will rush to the gate just to find it's not yet open - rubbish. I can't think of one redeeming quality.
AircraftEmbria
RouteBristol to Hamburg
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"Incredibly frustrating, unreliable"

Verified Review | I booked flights more than 6 months ago to travel from Aberdeen to Norwich around lunch time. A few weeks ago the lunch time flight was cancelled, with no explanation, and an alternative early morning flight was booked. Having reorganized my plans and booked hotel rooms at Aberdeen airport for the early morning flight, we arrived this morning to find the flight cancelled without warning. Now we are due to fly out this afternoon (same day). Incredibly frustrating, unreliable, poor communication and very limited provisions to help us with the delay (the people on the service desk were fine, but not from the airline and with very little ability to do anything other than provide information and food vouchers).
RouteAberdeen to Norwich
Date FlownJuly 2017

"they are always delayed"

Verified Review | Bristol to Frankfurt. BMI from Bristol has a bad reputation. The planes and staff are great, but they are always delayed. Looking down the departure board at Bristol on a Monday morning and all of the delayed flights will be BMI. The sad thing is this could be a great service , especially for the business traveller but increasingly you cannot rely on the airline and I have started to use less convenient airports because there is a chance their flights will be on time. Worse still, BMI never answer any queries on their flight delays. So if you have an easy schedule and don't mind being delayed by 3-4 hours then I recommend BMI.
RouteBristol to Frankfurt
Date FlownJune 2017

"delays are always the case"

Verified Review | I flew (or tried to fly) with bmi Regional three times so far. Delays are always the case, twice my flight from Bristol to Dusseldorf was cancelled. The last time I sat on the aircraft with my little one on my lap for 40 mins to then find out that the delay now meant we were too late to land in Dusseldorf and therefore the flight was finally cancelled. My choice was waiting 24 hours, or come back the next morning and fly to an airport three hours away. Absolutely awful. Still trying to get a refund for my parking fees. The application has to be made online and replies take up to 30 working days. At least my flight was refunded in full, even though I feel like I should be getting paid for the hassle it always is. It is my best route from the UK to Germany but for above mentioned reasons I'd rather fly Flybe and drive two more hours.
RouteBristol to Dusseldorf
Date FlownOctober 2016

"most unreliable airline"

Verified Review | I fly regularly with BMI to places in Germany. But every time there are changes in flight times. I had booked a return flight to Hamburg from Bristol. My flight to Hamburg was booked for Thursday 25th May and ETD was 16.50. When I checked in online the day before, I found out that my ETD had changed to 18.15. I hadn't received any info about this. My return flight to Bristol was originally booked for Monday 29th May at 10.30. A few weeks after my booking, the return flight in the morning was cancelled and the new departure time was 19.55. A week before my flight this time was changed to 21.20, so this was the 3rd change for a flight on the Monday. And then of course there was a delay and the ETD of my flight back to Bristol 23.00 At the end of March I had another return flight booked from Bristol to Dusseldorf. While in Germany, I received a text message that my return flight had changed from the Monday evening to the Tuesday morning so I had to stay another night in Germany with extra costs. I have emailed and phoned BMI, but until today no results. Two years ago a flight from Munich to Bristol was cancelled the night before, however nobody was informed. My return flight to Bristol was scheduled for 06.45 in the morning. After a ride of 2.5 hours I arrived at the airport at 05.00 in the morning, only to find out that the flight was cancelled and nobody knew why. I have tried to get compensation of BMI with no result. That flight times change is not the first time with BMI. Unfortunately, I already booked several flights with BMI for the whole year. I now am going to look for flight with a stop as they are more reliable then flying with BMI. The most unreliable airline in my point of view.
RouteBristol to Hamburg
Date FlownMay 2017

"flight attendant was very pleasant"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | I really like bmi Regional. On an hour long flight from Brno to Munich they offer free drinks and a tasty sandwich. The flight attendant was very pleasant and the seats are very comfortable with generous leg room that you wouldn't expect on such a small aircraft. On time departure and arrival. I would've appreciated more information about the route but other than that it was a great experience and I would travel with bmi Regional anytime. As we were travelling with a child the flight attendant even gave us extra pretzels.
AircraftEmbraer ERJ 135
RouteBrno to Munich
Date FlownApril 2017

"lack of a frequent flyer scheme"

Verified Review | I have flown with BMI Regional from Bristol to Dusseldorf and return 5 times in the last 5 weeks and have previously used them on the BRS-FRA and BRS-HAM routes a couple of times each in 2016. I have not experienced any cancellations and the only delay I had was less than an hour (perhaps I was lucky). The prices are high, and do vary quite a lot, so are clearly aimed at business travellers. I suppose they have to in order to make money as none of the flights I've been on in 2016 have been anything like full. The "record" low number was a Friday night DUS-BRS which was run by the larger 47 seat Embraer RJ145 and had 12 people on board. Cabin crew are friendly and helpful, the snacks on board aren't great but they stock a good variety of drinks. My cabin-approved bag (for Easyjet etc) doesn't fit in the overhead bins nor under the seats so goes in the hold and is picked up at the foot of the aircraft steps after the flight. My only major gripe is the lack of a frequent flyer scheme, especially when most on board seem to fly these routes frequently.
AircraftEmbraer RJ145
RouteBRS to DUS
Date FlownDecember 2016

"return flight has been brought forward a whole 24 hours"

In August I booked 2 seats for flights from Bristol to Hamburg leaving on the 23/12/16 and returning to Bristol from Hamburg on the 28/12/16. They were booked well in advance to avoid any problems booking seats closer to the Christmas period. On the 8/12/16 BMI Regional have informed me that the return flight has been brought forward a whole 24 hours to the 27/12/16, thus reducing a 5 day holiday to a 4 day break. As it is just the return flight affected only a refund would be given for that element, they are the only airline flying Hamburg to Bristol so I am effectively stuck with the reduced holiday or come back considerably later than originally booked. Next time when traveling to Hamburg I will not be travelling with the more expensive BMI from my local airport but will drive to Heathrow and use a more reputable airline.
RouteBRS to HAM
Date FlownAugust 2016

"the feel of a private jet"

I flew BMI regional from Southampton to Munich on an Embraer RJ145. There was a total of nine passengers on this flight giving the feel of a private jet instead of a small airliner. Complimentary ham roll and coffee served. Crew fine. Left and arrived on time.
AircraftEmbraer RJ145