Best Cabin Crew

Blue Air

"not flying Blue Air again"

Athens to Larnaca with Blue Air, and the flight was acceptable, but the carry on policy is not acceptable. Do not make me pay 81 Euros to check carry on bags because of a 'one bag policy', only for me to see people boarding the plane with 2 and even 3 bags. What otherwise would have been a decent flight (probably due to the fact it was a short hop), was spoiled. Doing this is how you squeeze a few more bucks of profit? Not with us. Not flying Blue Air again.
RouteATH to LCA
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"a terrible experience"

Bucharest to Dublin weith Blue Air, and me and my boyfriend had a terrible experience. Paying for choosing your seat? Forget it because you will not get it and if you ask why they will just say nothing. Have a baby stroller? Forget about pushing your kids around - you need to hold them or to pay some sort of extra luggage because you will only be harassed by the company staff and the flight will be delayed just for their amusement otherwise! I didn't go through this but I was waiting to get in the plane when that happened to someone in front of me - so after about 20 mins of cursing from this 'lovely, super trained' staff I dared to ask why are we being held behind for no reason and got some grief because I opened my mouth. Ii pressed one star on Value for money but I can't take it back - they don't deserve that star, not even half of one.
RouteOTP to DUB
Date FlownJuly 2015

"friendly and professional crew"

(Belgium)

Brussels to Bacau on Blue Air Boeing 737-300, an on time flight, nothing special to report. Friendly crew. Airplane was old but looked okay for it's age. The return was the same as the flight to Bacau. Clean airplane, friendly and professional crew. Food and drink services are a bit high but used to that since it's with most of the airlines. Lavatories however could have done with a bit of attention - all the paint was worn and the air wick that was taped to the wall wasn't a profesional look. Left on time, and arrived about 45 minuts ahead of time.
RouteBrussels to Bacau
Date FlownOctober 2015

(Romania)

The seats are comfortable but flights are usually delayed with this company. The staff is friendly and talkative. I didn't try the cooked food but the prices for the snacks are ok.
RouteBucharest to Larnaca
Date FlownAugust 2015

Blue Air customer review

I booked well in advance, and paid extra to reserve 4 seats for my party on the first row of the aircraft. When I checked-in, I was issued with boarding passes for 4 different seats allocated in completely differently parts of the aircraft. I pointed this out to the ground and cabin staff, but they refused to believe that I had booked and paid for the seats (I even showed them the email confirmation which included the seat numbers I had booked). The aircraft was ancient, the cabin crew rude and very badly presented.
RouteValencia to Bucharest
Date FlownJune 2015

(Cyprus)

First time flying with a low cost airline so I read a lot of reviews. Most of them are angry in general because they didn't take the time to do the online check-in or check the policy about the hand luggage so they paid at the airport. In the end it was pretty good and acceptable for short trips like LCA-ATH (an hour and a half). The only thing I didn't like was paying for choosing a seat online but at least it was my decision. Staff members are nice with a smile.
AircraftB737-400
RouteLarnaca to Athens
Date FlownJune 2015

Blue Air customer review

This was bar none the worst airline I have flown with. I checked in online the night before and in the morning I realized that I needed to add baggage to my reservation. The computer system automatically checked me out and didn't let me add baggage because it was less that 4 hours before the flight. That meant when I got to the airport I got smacked with both a baggage fee and a check in fee even though I had already checked in! The staff were rude snarky and went out of their way to be unhelpful. When paying the fee I had to get out of the check-in line and go to the ticketing office where the representative refused to give me change in euros and refused to let me use visa to pay which forced me to get out of line again and take out local currency with the ATM. Once checked-in we were informed that the flight would be an hour late due to maintenance issues. Past security we sat and were later informed that the flight would be delayed another 5 hours! This mean I would be missing my next connecting flight. We were forced to sign a document acknowledging that they were abiding by the E.U. rules of regulation before we were allowed to go back to the food court area or leave the airport. We were then told that the flight would be 7 hours delayed! In the end the flight was 8.5 hours delayed and the plane was kept at an inhumane temperature that felt like 0 degrees. We were not compensated in anyway and even when we got to the next airport and asked a different representative they said there was nothing they could do. It was a complete nightmare. For the sake of saving a few dollars to fly I tell you from experience it is not worth it. I will never fly with this company again.

(Romania)

Bucharest to Brussels (22/06/2014) and Rome to Bucharest (03/07/2014). Good prices. On-time boarding late departure not Blue Air's fault. Smooth flights old B-737 planes clean and seemed to be in good technical condition nice inflight magazine snacks/drinks for charge not overpriced. Professional and attentive cabin crew excellent pilots.

(Moldova)

We flew Bucharest - Rome - Bucharest. Flight to Rome postponed for half of the day at the last minute. We received confirmation only 3 days before the flight. Return flight also postponed several hours a few days before the flight. In Rome we had to pay 8 Euro person for some security fee. We were not informed in advance of this additional payment. Staff not friendly at all. Do not recommend.

Blue Air customer review

Bucharest to Larnaca Cyprus (return flight) in June 2013. This was only one part of a multi-city trip. In order to avoid any problems with luggage we paid on line to Blue-Air for one extra piece of luggage. Upon departure from Bucharest we were charged 15 Euros per person for check-in at the airport. When embarking the airplane the carry- on luggage was found not fit to Blue-Air carry-on box/cage and we were charged an extra 55 Euros. We had traveled with this same carry-on luggage from Chicago New York Amsterdam and Bucharest without any problem. The same luggage seemed to fit in the carry-on fitting cage in Larnaca for the flight back. The experience with the Blue Air check-in team in Bucharest was extremely disappointing not only to us but to many of the passengers and in fact with all these extra additions to the cost we would have been better of with Tarom or another proper airline - which we are sure we will on the next occasion. Your service in Bucharest was sub-par and will not be recommended.