Blue Air

"should have informed me earlier"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | I was going to fly Larnaca to Cluj‐Napoca. Everything was going on smoothly until the moment I was about to board the plane. The crew told me that I needed a return ticket in order to fly with Blue Air. While I understand that sometimes a return/exit ticket is needed, they should have informed me earlier during check-in instead one minute before boarding. So I was forced to buy a ticket that i was not going to use.
RouteLarnaca to Cluj‐Napoca
Date FlownJune 2017

"treated with utmost courtesy and respect"

Verified Review | Flew from Liverpool to Rome. From entering the aircraft, when a stewardess placed my luggage in the overhead locker, to leaving the plane, I was treated with utmost courtesy and respect. Once airborne, sandwiches and drinks were offered (free of charge) and details of the flight were shown on screens visible from all seats. The aircraft was clean, comfortable, and had plenty of leg room, and the toilet facilities were clean and hygienic. I would have no hesitation with flying with Blue Air again, and would highly recommend.
RouteLiverpool to Rome
Date FlownJuly 2017

"disappointing experience with Blue Air"

(Romania)

Verified Review | Rome to Bucharest. Booked a flight for myself my wife and 2 children from Rome to Bucharest. Two hours prior departure at checkin we found out that on the reservation ticket, instead of my wife's last name was mine, although family name and date of birth were correct. The ground staff kept us waiting till closing time when they told us that we need to buy another full price ticket for my wife. Apart from keeping us waiting, after buying a new ticket we had to run to catch the flight. They were asked to give me both tickets reserved on my name and they said is not possible. Of course it wasn't possible, the extra ticket sold to my wife was one of my tickets (same seat no), so as conclusion I had to pay for one seat twice. All in all, I had a very bad, disappointing experience with Blue Air. There was no supervisor to talk to in Rome and the complain was given in Otopeni in written as there was no supervisor there as well with response time of 60 days.
RouteRome to Bucharest
Date FlownJuly 2017

"awesome cabin staff service"

(Italy)

Verified Review | Lisbon to Torino. The flight was delayed 20 minutes, but the ground staff kept us informed of updates. The seats were OK, and sandwiches / drinks provided were good. What made this trip awesome was the cabin staff service. One staff even made some coffee just for my family when we asked for some. If other staff are half as good, the human touch will easily make up for other, sometimes systemic, low cost carrier shortcomings.
RouteLisbon to Torino
Date FlownJune 2017

"staff nice and friendly"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | I recently had the pleasure to fly Blue Air again, and it was one of my best low-cost experiences. We actually boarded way earlier than expected, and were ready to take off ahead of the schedule! We were announced before departing that we will arrive some 20min earlier in Bucharest! The service was great, we even got drinks for free, which is unexpected for a low-cost service, and the staff was nice and friendly. No issues watsoever to report, all was well-organized and the attention for passengers' comfort was remarkable.
RouteRome to Bucharest
Date FlownMay 2017

"Do not fly with Blue Air!"

Verified Review | Do not fly with Blue Air! After cancelling the flight from Hamburg to Liverpool in early April 2017 (with about 2 hours notice period) it took them nearly 2 months to pay the compulsory compensation according to current EU law. I had to write a huge amount of E-Mails / complaints and it needed a law-suit threat to make them pay. They are still breaking valid law in not refunding any refreshments for the waiting time (about 12 hours) at the airport. All in all, I made very bad experiences with Blue Air. I am very sorry that I can not write a better review.
RouteHamburg to Liverpool
Date FlownApril 2017

"Very good value"

Verified Review | Liverpool to Milan Bergamo. Not a very full flight so had an entire row to myself. Aircraft wasn't very new, however took off on time. Offered a non alcoholic drink and 2 vegetarian sandwiches at no cost. Any other snacks were charged for. Very good value when I only paid £25 for a ticket.
RouteLiverpool to Milan Bergamo
Date FlownMay 2017

"excellent low cost air travel"

Verified Review | Flew Blue Air from Milan to Liverpool. First time to board this flight but our impression are 10/10. Excellent low cost air travel flights. We were unfortunately late to our gate and yet without any further ado the ground crew had given use a chance to board the plane. The service, the cabin crew are well dressed and clean so was inside the aircraft. We expected to pay for beverages but it was free. We had a choice to have a nice sandwich and hot or cold drinks. Flights went smoothly, no delays. It is a Romanian airline but cabin crews are well mannered and speak different languages.
RouteMilan to Liverpool
Date FlownApril 2017

"pleasant flight on a Sunday"

(Romania)

Verified Review | Bucharest to Florence, a pleasant flight on a Sunday morning, splendid manned by the pilots, few mins. early departed and 25 mins early landing, smooth and with messages from cockpit regarding the route. Good legroom on the 2nd row. Downsides: the cabin crew attitude (professional and efficient, but not friendly and seeming to be bored) and the cabin look, strongly showing the aircraft's age. I recommend Blue Air for city-breaks from/ to Bucharest.
RouteBucharest to Florence
Date FlownMarch 2017

"not a great experience"

(Italy)

Verified Review | Larnaca to Rome via Bucharest, the airplane was an old 737 that smelled bad. Tickets were 110 euro for both flights so I did not expect any luxuries. It had been a full flight but we embarked quickly. Food and drinks were offered, asked for the wine which was terrible. Cabin crew was fun and polite and smilled. I had a short time for my connection flight which the cabin crew promised me I would get as a representative of the airline would wait for me. Upon arrival the representation of the airline told me to "run to get my flight" with no assistance to where the gate was or an escort to the plane. Second plane was much newer but worse seats thought. Overall not a great experience. Would fly again if I had no alternative.
RouteLarnaca to Rome via Bucharest