Airline of the Year

Blue Air

"staff nice and friendly"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | I recently had the pleasure to fly Blue Air again, and it was one of my best low-cost experiences. We actually boarded way earlier than expected, and were ready to take off ahead of the schedule! We were announced before departing that we will arrive some 20min earlier in Bucharest! The service was great, we even got drinks for free, which is unexpected for a low-cost service, and the staff was nice and friendly. No issues watsoever to report, all was well-organized and the attention for passengers' comfort was remarkable.
RouteRome to Bucharest
Date FlownMay 2017

"Do not fly with Blue Air!"

Verified Review | Do not fly with Blue Air! After cancelling the flight from Hamburg to Liverpool in early April 2017 (with about 2 hours notice period) it took them nearly 2 months to pay the compulsory compensation according to current EU law. I had to write a huge amount of E-Mails / complaints and it needed a law-suit threat to make them pay. They are still breaking valid law in not refunding any refreshments for the waiting time (about 12 hours) at the airport. All in all, I made very bad experiences with Blue Air. I am very sorry that I can not write a better review.
RouteHamburg to Liverpool
Date FlownApril 2017

"Very good value"

Verified Review | Liverpool to Milan Bergamo. Not a very full flight so had an entire row to myself. Aircraft wasn't very new, however took off on time. Offered a non alcoholic drink and 2 vegetarian sandwiches at no cost. Any other snacks were charged for. Very good value when I only paid £25 for a ticket.
RouteLiverpool to Milan Bergamo
Date FlownMay 2017

"excellent low cost air travel"

Verified Review | Flew Blue Air from Milan to Liverpool. First time to board this flight but our impression are 10/10. Excellent low cost air travel flights. We were unfortunately late to our gate and yet without any further ado the ground crew had given use a chance to board the plane. The service, the cabin crew are well dressed and clean so was inside the aircraft. We expected to pay for beverages but it was free. We had a choice to have a nice sandwich and hot or cold drinks. Flights went smoothly, no delays. It is a Romanian airline but cabin crews are well mannered and speak different languages.
RouteMilan to Liverpool
Date FlownApril 2017

"pleasant flight on a Sunday"

(Romania)

Verified Review | Bucharest to Florence, a pleasant flight on a Sunday morning, splendid manned by the pilots, few mins. early departed and 25 mins early landing, smooth and with messages from cockpit regarding the route. Good legroom on the 2nd row. Downsides: the cabin crew attitude (professional and efficient, but not friendly and seeming to be bored) and the cabin look, strongly showing the aircraft's age. I recommend Blue Air for city-breaks from/ to Bucharest.
RouteBucharest to Florence
Date FlownMarch 2017

"not a great experience"

(Italy)

Verified Review | Larnaca to Rome via Bucharest, the airplane was an old 737 that smelled bad. Tickets were 110 euro for both flights so I did not expect any luxuries. It had been a full flight but we embarked quickly. Food and drinks were offered, asked for the wine which was terrible. Cabin crew was fun and polite and smilled. I had a short time for my connection flight which the cabin crew promised me I would get as a representative of the airline would wait for me. Upon arrival the representation of the airline told me to "run to get my flight" with no assistance to where the gate was or an escort to the plane. Second plane was much newer but worse seats thought. Overall not a great experience. Would fly again if I had no alternative.
RouteLarnaca to Rome via Bucharest
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"last time I will fly with them"

(Romania)

Verified Review | Cluj-Napoca to Bucharest. I flew with Blue Air several times, hoping things will get better, but every time things got worst! From a minimum of 2 hrs delay, the delay increased last time to 2hrs 45 mins. And everytime they blame it on the weather, but other companies do not have this problem and they do not have such long delays. They somehow manage to delay their flights in such a way so you do not have the chance to get a refund or compensation - only frustration and anger!! This will be the last time I will fly with them.
RouteCluj-Napoca to Bucharest
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"amazing price 39,98 EUR return"

(Greece)

Verified Review | Athens to Larnaca return with Blue Air. Did not use e-check in, as I did not have access to a printer, however this was not a problem, as check in is provided at the counters was free. Very small lines and quick service. Embarkation done through a bridge 3 out of 4 times at a relatively quick manner. A lot of passengers taking oversized luggage. Both flights left and arrived on time. On board free service included a sandwich, wafer, a drink, a newspaper and a candy before landing - all that at the amazing price of 39,98 EUR return - no extra services purchased.
RouteATH to LCA
Date FlownOctober 2016

"recommend based on price"

(Cyprus)

Larnaca to Athens with Blue Air. Not bad for what we paid for this short flight. Crew provided good service, free snack which was a pleasant surprise. However, the aircraft was old - very old - 80s interior, toilet falling apart, tray table paint chipped, seat put together with tape. Blue Air have no new aircraft and the average age of their fleet is 15 years. I would recommend based on price.
RouteLCA to ATH
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"would fly with Blue Air again"

Verified Review | Luton to Larnaca and I can't fault the flight or service from Blue Air. A free meal was also provided. The crew were helpful, and I would fly with Blue Air again. Seat comfort was better than easyjet and Ryanair
RouteLTN to LCA