Blue Air

""

Trip Verified | Rome to Bucharest. The flight was delayed and we were waiting in the queue for more than an hour as per the boarding time shown in the screen. When I asked about the delay and told the lady (who came 45 minutes late), she was very rude and told me to sit down and "stand up" when I hear the announcement. There were no apology or anything about the delayed flight. I am currently waiting in the queue, still there is no announcement.
RouteRome to Bucharest
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"How disgusting"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Alghero to Rome. I am wary of flying with this company again. They charged me 200 euros because according to them I bought a special rate valid only for residents in Sardinia. Apparently, however, speaking at the ticket office, in the month in which I booked they had problems on their ticket booking site and some travelers traveled the same at a discounted rate even though they were not Sardinians, but I did not have to pay. I will appeal. How disgusting. IT: Diffido a volare di nuovo con questa compagnia. Mi hanno addebitato 200euro perché secondo loro ho comprato una tariffa speciale valida solo per residenti in Sardegna. A quanto pare però, parlando alla biglietteria, nel mese in cui ho prenotato avevano dei problemi sul loro sito di prenotazione biglietti e alcuni viaggiatori hanno viaggiato lo stesso a tariffa agevolata anche non essendo sardi, ma io no ho dovuto pagare. Farò ricorso. Che schifo
RouteAlghero to Rome

"a terrible experience"

(Cyprus)

Trip Verified | Flew from Bucharest to Larnaca on 24th August. The flight was delayed by four hours, nobody could give us an explanation for the reason the flight was delayed, the personnel on the ground were rude and the passengers moved from a gate to another. Overall a terrible experience.
RouteBucharest to Larnaca

"I requested a refund"

Trip Verified | Birmingham to Cluj. After a flight schedule change and then a cancellation I requested a refund. Now 2.5 months later I'm still waiting for my money and BlueAir only has excuses. I now not only lost money from my booking but also my holiday reservation.
RouteBirmingham to Cluj

"Worst experience ever"

Not Verified | Bucharest to Birmingham. I purchased Premium service which entailed to an Extra Leg room seat and complimentary meal for 2 passengers. The aircraft was changed in the last moment and we the seats which originally were Extra Leg room and no longer. Although the Extra Legroom seats were still available those were given to other passenger who did not had a Premium service, nor we have received a complimentary meal. Worst experience ever.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteBucharest to Birmingham
Date FlownJuly 2018

"sandwich and drinks free of charge"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | This was my fourth trip on this airline and I am surprised with the quality and punctuality of this flight. The aircraft was clean, and surprisingly for a low cost airline we were offered a sandwich and drinks free of charge. The captain kept us posted on the flight path and all in all this was a very good flight. The in flight magazine and safety instructions, were clean and tidy. Both departure and arrival at jetways and not via buses as used by other airlines on this route.
RouteAthens to Larnaca
Date FlownJune 2018

"rude and unprofessional"

Trip Verified | Luton to Bucharest. Awful service right from the check in, rude staff on ground. As a photographer I travel with a lot of kit that can’t be checked in. It’s the only airline that made me check in parts of my kit. Worse, they couldn’t care any less and were rude and unprofessional. They were only checking some luggage of some passengers so were completely inconsistent in their approach. There was more trouble with hand luggage where at the boarding gate passengers were told they had to check in their hand luggage due to the lack of space in the overhead lockers. However, that was untrue as on boarding (and plain refusing to check in the rest of my hand luggage) it turned out there was more than enough storage space. Chaotic, disorganised and unhelpful. First and last time with Blue Air.
RouteLuton to Bucharest
Date FlownMay 2018

"delayed 1.5 hours due to technicality"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Flew Rome to Liverpool with Blue Air. Overall a good experience but outbound flight delayed 1.5 hours due to technicality which could have happened to any airline, but it would be good to give the captain some lessons in honesty and clarity, eg: don't say we're on our way in a couple of minutes, when it's 20+ don't say very soon when it's not.
RouteRome to Liverpool
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"flight was eventless and smooth"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | Flew Madrid to Bucharest. The flight was eventless and smooth, flight attendants were friendly and helpful. The plane was clean and the seats were comfortable and had adjusting head rests. They even gave passangers a little free meal, as the flight took place at dinner time. Blue Air is taking low cost aviation to a whole new level.
RouteMadrid to Bucharest
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"planes are old, noisy and not clean"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Flew Rome to Larnaca via Fiumicino. I do not think Blue Air should be rated anything more than 2 stars, the planes are old, noisy and not clean. Flight attendants are generally impolite and not professional. Food onboard is best avoided. Their website can not be used for online check in as it keeps crashing over and over, leading you to go to the airport three hours earlier just to avoid the middle seat. The ground staff in FCO and LCA are always friendly, but that is because they are not the company itself. When I am dealing with the ground staff in Bucharest I am only wishing I had chosen another company. I only fly with them due to a lack of a viable alternative, (Aegean flies through Athens, but their comfort does not comes cheap). Overall I even find Ryanair to be more pleasurable.
RouteRome to Larnaca via Fiumicino