Blue Air

"planes are old, noisy and not clean"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Flew Rome to Larnaca via Fiumicino. I do not think Blue Air should be rated anything more than 2 stars, the planes are old, noisy and not clean. Flight attendants are generally impolite and not professional. Food onboard is best avoided. Their website can not be used for online check in as it keeps crashing over and over, leading you to go to the airport three hours earlier just to avoid the middle seat. The ground staff in FCO and LCA are always friendly, but that is because they are not the company itself. When I am dealing with the ground staff in Bucharest I am only wishing I had chosen another company. I only fly with them due to a lack of a viable alternative, (Aegean flies through Athens, but their comfort does not comes cheap). Overall I even find Ryanair to be more pleasurable.
RouteRome to Larnaca via Fiumicino
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"no information was available"

Trip Verified | I flew with Blue Air on Jan 19th from Liverpool to Rome. This flight was delayed by 14 hours - which is a significant delay as I was taking a short city break. The flight was due to leave at 7.15am - so was at the airport very early. Initially everything went smoothly from check-in through security to the queing to board the flight! Problems started when we did not board at the planned time - with the first issue being one of communication. No advice or information was made available to passengers that the flight was being delayed. Eventually, the flight status was updated to show a delay but no staff could be found to provide a reason or manage expectations as to how long the delay would be. As the day progressed, a voucher was handed out for refreshments (which did not cover the cost of the cheapest meal) but no information was available beyond what could be read on the screen of the expected departure time. It was not until mid afternoon that some staff did make themslves available and advise that the cause of the problems were technical issues and at this point, they were unsure if the flight would leave at all. Eventually, Blue Air did commit that a flight would leave that day to Rome and we started boarding just before 8pm. Once we were all seated, just as I thought we might depart, other passengers were boarded who were told to sit anywhere. It was only at this point, we found out 2 flights had been merged, with the second group of passengers bound for Bucharest. It took a considerable amount of time for this group to board and find seats - straining tempers of a number of passengers as groups were being split up and the air crew took a back seat during the confusion, leaving people to seat themselves. Eventually we departed at 9pm. During the flight, the aircrew were not particularly helpful or communicative with what was happening. I appreciate that technical issues can happen and delays do occur but it is entirely within the power of the airline to inform passengers with what is happening and give regular updates. By the time Blue Air did start speaking to people (afternoon for a 7am scheduled departure), tempers were strained - so why wait so long? And why didnt they tell us flights were being merged. Due to the length of the delay I fully expect compensation to be available for this flight, however to date, I have had zero responses to my emailed requests. Not impressed. Badly handled Blue Air.
RouteLiverpool to Rome
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"nobody allowed to use the bathrooms"

Trip Verified | Blue Air flight 6201 from Bucharest to Iasi was my last of four on December 5th. I had left Toronto 19 hours earlier and I was looking forward to a warm family reunion in my hometown. Austrian Airlines had set an outstanding precedent in terms of service quality, so the treatment received on this last flight came as a shock. Long story short, nobody on that flight was allowed to use the bathrooms during the entire trip. Under the pretense that the seat belt light was on, those who had the audacity to solicit the privilege of attending to nature's urges, were turned back to their seat, shamed over the pager and threatened with a fine! Notwithstanding the seat belt light, the crew were free to walk about, serve snacks and drinks, and strut unhindered while the passengers had no choice. I do not wish to speculate on the reasons but this experience was a reminder as to why I left my country 25 years ago. Undoubtly a cold shower to wash off my nostalgic return-to-motherland fantasies. I was able to put my physiology on hold and successfully control my bowels, but I wonder what the elderly or the children on that flight did to manage the situation. Except for a tail between their legs, the victims yielded no protests or complaints, so I decided to write this review to put the story out there, in case I'm the only one providing feedback.
RouteBucuresti to Iasi
Date FlownDecember 2017

"very clean, fantastic crew"

Trip Verified | I recently flew with BlueAir from Liverpool to Alicante. I had never heard of BlueAir before and was slightly worried about flying with them thinking it would be an old aircraft and crew you couldn’t understand, and you would be lucky to arrive on time. But they were brilliant, a fairly new B737, very clean, fantastic crew, very friendly and professional, nothing too much trouble. And very surprised to get either a free hot or cold drink. Both flights were early, so overall very impressed and will definitely book BlueAir again..
RouteLiverpool to Alicante
Date FlownNovember 2017

"never plan to arrive on time"

Verified Review | Do not waste your time! Make sure you never make plans to arrive on time. Cluj-Napoca to Birmingham is a "pit stop" from the Bucharest to Birmingham flight, so its more like a train journey, when you board the plane there are people waiting inside already. And its like the 5th time in a row this flight is late. Cheap and the only one to Birmingham is the reason why I have used it 5 times, but will have to search for alternatives. Apart from this, there are no seats available in the waiting area, so plan 4 hours of standing. Might be good for your fitness.
RouteCluj-Napoca to Birmingham
Date FlownOctober 2017

"aircraft old and not clean"

(Cyprus)

Verified Review | When we boarded the aircraft the air conditioning was on full and was generating very cold air. After complaining to staff, they said it will stop after we depart, but by that time we were freezing. The aircraft was old and not clean. The headrest on the seat was in very bad condition. Furthermore, the aircraft was noisy during the entire trip in comparing with other more modern aircraft.
RouteCyprus to Dublin via Bucharest
Date FlownOctober 2017

"very pleasantly surprised"

Verified Review | Rome to Liverpool. I was very pleasantly surprised by the far from low cost experience. Very clean aircraft. Good Legroom. Friendly staff. Entertainment playing on the screens. Complimentary sandwich, which was very good and soft drinks too. Overall it was an extremely pleasant experience and one that actually bettered the soft product of British Airways as you'll pay extra for food and drinks on short-haul and won't get any entertainment. Only negative I can think of is the airlines website, which doesn't do them any favours.
RouteRome to Liverpool
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"should have informed me earlier"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | I was going to fly Larnaca to Cluj‐Napoca. Everything was going on smoothly until the moment I was about to board the plane. The crew told me that I needed a return ticket in order to fly with Blue Air. While I understand that sometimes a return/exit ticket is needed, they should have informed me earlier during check-in instead one minute before boarding. So I was forced to buy a ticket that i was not going to use.
RouteLarnaca to Cluj‐Napoca
Date FlownJune 2017

"treated with utmost courtesy and respect"

Verified Review | Flew from Liverpool to Rome. From entering the aircraft, when a stewardess placed my luggage in the overhead locker, to leaving the plane, I was treated with utmost courtesy and respect. Once airborne, sandwiches and drinks were offered (free of charge) and details of the flight were shown on screens visible from all seats. The aircraft was clean, comfortable, and had plenty of leg room, and the toilet facilities were clean and hygienic. I would have no hesitation with flying with Blue Air again, and would highly recommend.
RouteLiverpool to Rome
Date FlownJuly 2017

"disappointing experience with Blue Air"

(Romania)

Verified Review | Rome to Bucharest. Booked a flight for myself my wife and 2 children from Rome to Bucharest. Two hours prior departure at checkin we found out that on the reservation ticket, instead of my wife's last name was mine, although family name and date of birth were correct. The ground staff kept us waiting till closing time when they told us that we need to buy another full price ticket for my wife. Apart from keeping us waiting, after buying a new ticket we had to run to catch the flight. They were asked to give me both tickets reserved on my name and they said is not possible. Of course it wasn't possible, the extra ticket sold to my wife was one of my tickets (same seat no), so as conclusion I had to pay for one seat twice. All in all, I had a very bad, disappointing experience with Blue Air. There was no supervisor to talk to in Rome and the complain was given in Otopeni in written as there was no supervisor there as well with response time of 60 days.
RouteRome to Bucharest