Top 100 Airlines

Blue Air

"would fly with Blue Air again"

Verified Review | Luton to Larnaca and I can't fault the flight or service from Blue Air. A free meal was also provided. The crew were helpful, and I would fly with Blue Air again. Seat comfort was better than easyjet and Ryanair
Date FlownJuly 2016

"better level of service than expected"

Luton to Larnaca and I can't fault this flight or the service from Blue Air. The queue at Luton could have been managed better but after that, Blue Air provided a better level of service than I expected from an unknown budget airline and we had an unexpected free meal and a couple of drinks too. The crew were helpful at all times and I wouldn't hesitate to fly with Blue Air again.
Date FlownJuly 2016

"low level of cabin crew service"

Verified Review | Flight OB1232 from Luton to Bucharest, from 6PM is always delayed 3 hours. I traveled twice with them in July : 1st of July and 20th of July and it was always the same problem. they never announced me about the delay even when I called the company in the morning in the day of the flight to confirm. The worst company ever, unreliable and low level of cabin crew service. I would recommend to avoid them if you can.
RouteLTN to OTP
Date FlownJuly 2016

"I don't recommend to use"

(Romania)

Verified Review | Barcelona to Bucharest. I don't recommend to use this company. I have traveled few times with them and almost always they are have delays and they don't provide any explanations. In my last flight some friends didn't know if they had seats in the plane - they put them on the "waiting list" even if they bought their tickets 2 months before. Bad service, the flight attendant had a rude attitude.
RouteBCN to OTP
Date FlownJune 2016

"experience wasn't pleasant"

Verified Review | I thought I give Blue Air a go as it offered direct flight from Liverpool-Bucharest and as I go to Bucharest 2-3 times a year, direct flight was most appealing since I mostly get flights from Manchester to Bucharest (connection flights Germany), so the direct flight appealed. My experience wasn't a pleasant one, even though I paid for allocated seating (extra) the air hostess asked me to change seats, (4 rows away from my originally seating I paid for) because a passenger with a baby choose to not purchase a seat for the baby, meaning baby would of been in mother harms all the way, (cost saving by the passenger), but as I was travelling alone and spare empty seat next to me, I was asked in Romanian/broken English by the air hostess would I move to another seat so the lady with the baby could occupy 2 seats. I wasn't pleased, since the passenger choose to cost cut by not paying for 2 passengers and only paying for 1, again Romanian cost cutting. During the flight, the airline offered inflight meals (at cost) I prepaid for my meals when booking, I chose from the menu, and what I received wasn't quite like the picture menu, it was a hot meal overcooked and food was dry. I also noticed the air hostess lacked politeness and looked like the job was a chore... but saying that, the only positive was the price of the ticket was extremely cheap compared to other low cost airlines. I guess pay for what you get, and I feel if you don't mind low standards to get to your destination and without connections and got travel on a budget then I would recommend blue air, but I wouldn't travel with them again. I went from Liverpool-Bucharest and online checkin wasn't available - which only leaves the passengers queuing at the checkin desk, which Liverpool only had 1 checkin desk and Bucharest had 4 checkin desk - I was queuing almost 1 hour to check my baggage in while some passengers haggled luggage weight with checkin staff, which seems common practice at Optopeni airport.
RouteLPL to OTP
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"I am very impressed"

Luton to Larnaca with Blue Air. I wasn't too sure what to expect from this airline after reading the reviews, but I can honestly say I am very impressed. I travelled with my daughter and two grandchildren, one aged 4 and the other aged 2. When we checked in we were offered to have our cabin cases put in the hold free of charge - this was very helpful as we were landing at midnight and it's a struggle getting off the plane with 4 cabin bags plus 2 small children. As we boarded the plane the staff asked my grandchildren if they would like to go into the cockpit to have a look at where the pilots sit, this was great fun for them. The leg room on the plane was pretty average, no better or worse than any other airline I've been on. An hour into the flight we were offered free drinks which were a choice of wine and a good variety of soft drinks, a short time later the staff offered a free meal. The meal was good. The cabin crew were lovely, couldn't fault any of them. We were offered a second drink later in the flight. The plane was clean. I would definitely book with Blue Air again. Half an hour before landing the staff went round to all the children and gave them stickers.
Date FlownJune 2016

"cabin crew were excellent"

(Cyprus)

Verified Review | I was not sure what to expect from Blue Air, but my experience with them was a surprisingly good one. The ticket was very cheap on this extremely popular route from Larnaca to Athens, the flight was on time and the Cabin Crew were excellent, with nice free snacks and drinks and were always eager to help passengers. The food choice was very good for this morning flight, yogurt with honey, a strawberry cream and a fresh sandwich. The aircraft was very clean although a bit old (I guess this is why the seats were not very comfortable but this is the only negative thing I can report, and it was not at all a problem on such a short flight. I can say the flight was overall very comfortable even though the seats could be better). A very interesting free magazine was also offered to passengers and it was clear that it was designed for the passengers of this specific route, as it included interesting articles about Athens, things to do, and what to visit, furthermore, the magazine included interviews with the crew. Moreover a free newspaper was offered to any passenger who wanted one, and they offered caramels for landing. Only the low price of the ticket could remind you that Blue Air was a low cost airline! I am looking forward to flying with them again.
RouteLCA to ATH
Date FlownMay 2016

"no different to EasyJet or Monarch"

Flew Blue Air from Luton to Larnaca return, I was super anxious about flying with them end of April/beginning of May 2016. I'd read bad reviews, the customer service, trying to email, message etc was bad, never got a reply. But staff at both airports were lovely, and check in went smoothly. Free meals, snacks, drinks etc. I would recommend them on this route. Seating was a little cramped but always is on the cheaper, more budget airlines, no different to EasyJet or Monarch.
Date FlownMay 2016

"any other passengers been charged?"

(Greece)

Blue Air is a low cost Romanian airline flying the Athens to Larnaca route twice per day, allowing 32 kg luggage if you pay extra. Most staff and pilots were Cypriots. No reason to complain apart for the delay of one hour on the return flight. What I fail to understand is the charge of what they call "special services" a charge never booked and never explained. Do they intentionally charge this so called "special services" to make some extra money or what? Have any other passengers been charged for such monkey money? Despite being low cost, they served free drinks and a sandwich.
RouteATH to LCA

"everything was good"

Glasgow to Bucharest with Blue Air. Had to check in at airport for some reason, but other than that everything was good. Comfy seat with plenty of leg room, and a free in flight meal. Never seen that before on a budget airline flight that only cost £50. Would fly again.
RouteGLA to OTP