Biman Bangladesh Airlines

"Really enjoyed Biman"

Verified Review | Kathmandu to Dhaka Business Class. Figured we would pay the extra to fly Business Class and it was the best decision ever! Check-in by a new agent so it took some time but bags tagged with Biz Class tag and given access to the lounge at KTM airport. Nice food spread and drinks, just no views of the airport. Went through security and it's a mob-scene at the gates. Many flights leaving at the same time (early afternoon) so it was hot and crowded. Boarded by bus to the plane and welcomed by the flight attendants graciously. Excellent service - one of the best flights ever. Row 1 A/B - massive amounts of leg-room on a leased 737-800. FA's apologized as their own 737-800s have in-seat video, but we didn't mind. The service from boarding to deplaning was second to none. We were the only passengers in Business. Take off gave amazing views of Kathmandu, and to our luck the route took us along the Himalays and we had fantastic views of Mt. Everest! Meal was delicious served on china with plentiful drinks provided. The FA's talked with us about what to see in Dhaka on our short visit there and kept us entertained on the flight. Landed a bit late and bags came out quickly after getting our visa on arrival. Really enjoyed Biman - and would like to fly them long-haul and see how they are in the 777-300 Biz class
RouteKathmandu to Dhaka
Date FlownMay 2017

"last journey on your airline"

(Bangladesh)

Verified Review | Dhaka to Kuala Lumpur. This was my worst journey ever. My flight was supposed to be at 9:15 am. So I arrived at the airport. First impression came while getting my boarding pass. There was no systematic organisation in the booth, the lines were all haywire and since there was no barricade people were just dodging in between the lines. The flight was then delayed to 2pm. Lets agree to the accept the delay, but by now I have decided never to use this airlines. What provoked me to give this review was that the flight was further delayed to 4pm. Thank you biman Bangladesh. This is the last journey on your airline.
RouteDhaka to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"friendly with no fake smiles"

Verified Review | London to Dhaka via Sylhet with Biman Bangladesh. Flight attendants were caring and friendly with no fake smiles. Economy cabin laid out in 3-3-3 seating configuration in economy which was a plus point due to wider seats. Beverage service consisted of one or two types of juice, coke or sprite with no real choices offered. Stingy in servings. They served you whatever they felt like. Main dish in the dinner service consisted of Bangladeshi curries with multiple choices (chicken, fish and vegetarian) which were unknown to most passengers. No menus provided. They served you the meat one assuming that is what you wanted. Tea and coffee served in very small portions. Portions of main dish needed to be increased and accompaniments like salad needed to be bigger and more imaginative. Plastic cutlery and paper cups were cheap. AVOD entertainment provided in seat back PTVs. Bengali entertainment was accompanied by Bollywood, Hollywood and American popular culture. Kids had games to play and moving map was provided both in Bangla and English. Breakfast before landing in Sylhet was very filling. Majority of passengers disembarked in Sylhet availing themselves of a convenient 9:30 minutes journey home from London. Small snacks provided on the 25 minute flight to Dhaka.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteLondon to Dhaka via Sylhet
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"depend on Biman to be late"

Verified Review | Dhaka to Toronto via London. My 21 hour trip took me 45 hours only because Biman Bangladesh was 2 hours late and I along with 9 others missed the connecting Air Canada flight from London. Their response at the service desk was "go home" and "the next flight is 17 hours away, you are responsible to book the flight, and since you cannot stay inside the airport, you have to find your own accommodation". When me and the other passengers started to talk about rights as a passengers, then they supposedly booked the flight, and after further arguement they agreed to provide accommodation. The Biman agents at the check in was really rude. Their comment was "Biman is always late, I don't understand why other airlines gives us as connecting flight." Well that's because Biman never posts their delayed time online. If Biman is always late, I don't understand why not just adjust the schedule. There was an unannounced transit of an hour in Sylhet, where the cleaning crew stayed cleaning with vacuum while the passengers were on the plane. Put the blankets in a garbage bag and shoved the bag in the washroom floor with their feet. The inflight food and entertainment was terrible. But that's not a deal breaker for me since I prefer to sleep anyway. In summary, you can always depend on Biman to be late, be treated as if they are doing you a favour, and the only thing I heard and agree with is "never again with Biman".
RouteDhaka to London
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"flight in Business Class was average"

(Bangladesh)

Verified Review | My flight from Dhaka to Thailand in Business Class was average. I like travelling by Biman but maybe that is because I haven't experienced delays as much and I was lucky that way. However, I wouldn't pay to be on Biman's Business Class. This flight was bought for me so I did not care too much, but for those of you who are considering paying for Business Class, please consider the following points: 1) You will not enjoy the in-flight entertainment system that they have. I played 'Dolly Parton' the whole flight as I couldn't find a better option. 2) The interior of the cabin (starting from the lounge) will make you feel like you have traveled back in time to the 70s. Even the china used for the flight somehow feels very old and not in a classy vintage way. 3) The food was very average. The prawn salad tasted bland. Whoever the chef was did not do a good job with it. They could have done a better menu. The food served in economy class on my way back from Thailand tasted much much better. 4) The hot towels served during the flight lacked moisture. They just handed out warm dry towels which was pointless. Luckily, it was a short flight and being a clear day, I could look down and enjoy the sight below. Otherwise I would have been bored out of my wits. Good points: 1) It was spacious and the seats were not so bad. 2) The service provided by the staff was nice. 3) The dessert that they served was excellent.
RouteDAC to BKK
Date FlownDecember 2016

"happy to fly with Biman"

(Bangladesh)

Verified Review | Dhaka to Rakshahi, the flight was on time. The cabin crew were helpful specially for my kid. Food was nice. The ground staffs were also good at Rajshahi airport. The flight was before EID-UL-Azha. I am happy to fly with Biman, and the aircraft was also clean and fresh.
AircraftQ400
RouteDAC to RJH
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"food was terrible"

heathrow to Sylhet with Biman Bangladesh and without doubt one of the worst airlines I've experienced. PTV broken and asked 10 times for it to be fixed without any luck. Staff look like they would rather be doing something else rather than working. Food was terrible, served soft drinks in paper cups so you aren't able to ask for anything but water during non meal times. The return flight from Dhaka to Heathrow was just as bad if not worse, staff woke us to be served our food instead of just placing it on our tables like a normal airline would do. Truly terrible service. Shame it's the only airline to offer direct flights.
RouteLHR to ZYL
Date FlownMarch 2016

"crew always had a smile"

Flew Biman Bangladesh Airlines from Dhaka to London. Slow but friendly service, good food. Comfortable newish aircraft. Great value for money. Approximately 20 minutes delayed departure, but arrived on time. Facilities were clean and crew always had a smile. Would definitely fly again.
RouteDAC to LHR
Date FlownOctober 2015

"seats quite comfortable"

Biman Bangladesh from Singapore to Chittagong via Dhaka. The flight to Dhaka was operated by Boeing 737. The aircraft was new, only a few weeks old, but I felt the seat pitch was short. IFE was reasonable. Meals could have been better. Check-in at Singapore was ok. Cabin crew was also ok. The baggage took a long long time to arrive at Dhaka. Dhaka to Chittagong operated by Boeing 777-300 was delayed by 3 hours. Quite frustrating wait at the domestic lounge, where the only snacks stall had run out of food. Had to go out of the terminal to get some food. However, the aircraft was quite good. Seats were quite comfortable.
AircraftBoeing 737 / 777
RouteSIN to CGP via DAC
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"courteous cabin crew"

(Bangladesh)

Dhaka to London return on Biman Bangladesh. Check in was very efficient. Good lounge at Dhaka Airport. IFE, food and beverage service was very good. Polite and courteous cabin crew. Check-in at LHR was also quick and efficient. Gulf Air lounge at LHR was not bad at all. Worth taking DAC-LHR direct flight in Business class. I plan to travel with Biman again.
RouteDAC to LHR